Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

8.2

15 hours ago

Pacific Debt Inc.

verified
This company has ZERO upfront costs

Pacific Debt Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in debt settlement services. The company holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). Pacific Debt was also recognized by US News and World Reports as one of the best debt settlement companies for 2018. In addition to debt management experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt has achieved a top spot on our list of debt settlement companies because they offer their debt relief services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll.

The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their debt management services may not be available in your state. The company has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002 and is headquartered in San Diego.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Fees
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager
  • Customer Resources

High Savings, Low Fees

On its website, Pacific Debt boasts how much they have reduced individual debt by--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry.

Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount you'll pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also they have low fees. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total enrolled debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Though it does charge a percentage of enrolled debt, Pacific Debt's debt consolidation fees are lower than average. The nature of debt settlement companies make it difficult to judge pricing (since individual pricing depends on the enrolled debt of each customer), but it's safe to say a lower price range (like Pacific's 15 to 25 percent range) gives you more of a chance to save money.

Additionally, Pacific Debt only works with unsecured debt, which is debt that doesn't have an asset tied to it. Examples of unsecured debt include student loan debt, medical debt, credit card debt, and utility bills.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for an audit each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

Pacific Debt reviews are overwhelmingly positive and speak highly of its customer service. The most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process.

Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements. The main job of a debt settlement company is to negotiate a lower total debt with customer's creditors.

Though debt settlement can negatively impact a customer's credit score, it will also relieve the debt of customers with nowhere else to turn (those who already have lower credit scores). C

redit card debt, medical debt, and student loans are difficult to escape, but companies like Pacific Debt are designed to protect you from creditors and debt collectors; that's why it's important to take a close look at Pacific Debt reviews.

Previous customers are the best reference for checking the quality of debt settlement or debt consolidation companies.

Personal Account Manager

When a customer agrees to a debt settlement program, Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager as a debt specialist.

This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process. This may be another reason why customers seem to love Pacific Debt as not having an assigned debt specialist is one of the most common complaints of other debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief.

Customer Resources

Customers who wish to receive an education more specified to their specific circumstances will not be disappointed by Pacific Debt's online resources.

The company website clearly defines each of the customers' various options within debt relief, even some that Pacific Debt doesn't offer (including consumer credit counseling, bankruptcy, debt consolidation, debt negotiation, and debt settlement). It then clearly outlines the benefits and downsides to each of the debt relief options.

Because debt settlement and debt negotiation are better options for long-term debt, customers are encouraged to consider not making minimum payments, as there are more efficient ways to become debt free. Customers are notified within the company resources that debt negotiation is a much more aggressive approach to debt relief and may result in a lower credit score.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt (relief from credit card debt, medical bills, student loans, etc.), unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 31 states.

This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Some debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers.

A couple of reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less. Customers shouldn't be shocked to see negative reviews on a debt settlement company; the nature of debt settlement lowers your credit score because it takes the money that would have been spent on monthly payments to creditors and saves it up in anticipation of a lower total debt. This lack of understanding is likely the reason for some negative Pacific Debt reviews.

The Bottom Line

Debt management programs like debt settlement are highly complex and difficult to do right, so Pacific Debt's high customer reviews are extremely important. In comparison to debt consolidation companies, a debt settlement program is usually approached as a last resort (you have a low credit score and lack the money to make monthly payments).

It allows you to eventually recover your credit score quicker than bankruptcy (which stays on your credit report for up to 10 years) and saves you from debt collectors; Pacific Debt does a fantastic job of negotiating lower debt with your creditors.

The positive Pacific Debt reviews speak for themselves. If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt and live in one of the 31 states the company works in, we highly recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

Call our recommended rep over at Pacific Debt Inc. below.

4.8

LLynn
November 16th, 2018 Broken Arrow, OK DETAILS

After inquiring online, a rep called me within minutes. He was friendly and patient, explaining the details succinctly and clearly. After some consideration, I made the decision to go with Pacific Debt. My rep walked me through a clean process, explained everything, answered questions clearly and made the process as smooth as possible. I'm very pleased so far with the service I received.

Lennie Schrantz
November 16th, 2018 Vail, AZ DETAILS

For the past few months I have been working with Pacific Debt and through the whole process found them to be super understanding in explaining how their program works. They are respectful of your situation and offer a lot of support. Julia Q was the representative I talked to the most and she was fantastic in explaining how the whole process works not to mention her great personality that made me feel like I was talking to a friend instead of a financial representative. These are very friendly, professional people that are there to help you.

Matthew Bailey
November 14th, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Pacific Debt has been friendly and helpful at each level. Our Client Service Manager answers all questions and makes sure we understand what is happening at all times. She makes regular contact to keep us up to date and explain what we can do to make the process easier. I have nothing but good things to say about Pacific Debt and would recommend them to anyone in need of their specialty.

Thomas Craig
November 14th, 2018 San Diego, CA

Needing help with financial problems is difficult enough....especially when putting my trust in other people played a major role in my circumstances.....so, allowing myself to once again put my trust in anyone or any other financial institution was about as enjoyable as a dentist drill....however, Pacific Debt Inc and Ashley who helped me to enroll made this process quick, easy and as enjoyable as a situation like this could be!! Airlines often say " Sit back and enjoy the flight"...and most people spend the flight in fear and discomfort thru turbulence....if this enrollment experience was a flight....there was no turbulance....and I was able to sit back and enjoy the flight!!

Shannon Petermann
November 14th, 2018 Lancaster, CA

Jessica was great! I had no idea what I was doing and she explained everything so clearly and patiently. Would definitely recommend this company.

Danny Long
November 12th, 2018 Grand Island, FL

Eva stayed on the line the whole time and this went really well, she explained thoroughly the process and understood how I got to this point that this became necessary. This process is not going to make the world be peaches and cream, but it is going to reduce your stress level and make you feel you can breath again. Three years (or less) from now I will have achieved my goal that I had already set for myself to be debt free, difference is this ensures my goal at a low cost, reduces my stress and 1 payment a month provides that comfort to me. I will sing the praises when I know it's for real!

Reina Z Rosa
November 12th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Wonderful experience. Extremely helpful with all my questions.

Noel Fuentes
November 12th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

I spoke to Ashley who was very professional and answered all my questions. She was very helpful and is gonna help me settle my debts with my creditors for a 1 payment per month budget that fits my expenses. This is a very good company. I highly recommend them if you're in debt with high interest rates and need help.

Marcee Muller
November 12th, 2018 Tecumseh, NE

My experience was fantastic! He was friendly, cordial, helpful, very knowledgeable and trustworthy. He explained the program thoroughly and I was given opportunities to ask questions. I'm thrilled to receive help and I recommend them.

Delores M Crawford
November 9th, 2018 Rialto, CA

Comforting experience. Chris was patient with me asking lots of questions. He was Thorough in explaining the entire process.

Clayton W.
November 9th, 2018 Pioneer, CA DETAILS

Wyatt was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We are glad we made the decision to go with Pacific Debt. A lot of the stress has been lifted knowing there is a solution to debt problems with out having to claim bankruptcy.

geraldine s dubose
November 13th, 2018 Muscle Shoals, AL

Ashley was very helpful and courteous during our conversation hope the company will be able to help me pay off my bills

Kim Lindley
November 9th, 2018 Arcadia, CA DETAILS

Received a call from Julia Q yesterday and I give her an A+ rating. She was so reassuring to talk to. It is people like this that will make this process go smoothly. Thank You Julia for your awesome support. Kim

AC
November 8th, 2018 Caldwell, ID

I felt very comfortable with my representative and didn’t feel like I was a horrible person for needing help. She was calm and thorough explaining things.

Carlos E Aguirre
November 8th, 2018 South Gate, CA

Jennifer was great...she was very clear and informative.

Meredith
November 7th, 2018 Ramona, CA DETAILS

Wonderful experience. I would highly recommend. I consulted with another company first who wasn't completely upfront which is how I found PDI. They were prepared me well for the process & gave me honest information. Communication during the process was excellent. And in the end we had to cancel b/c we were unable to avoid bankruptcy but PDI was very supportive & didn't charge us a dime for all their months work.

Pacific Debt Inc. Logo

Reply from Pacific Debt Inc.

Sierra IzzardNov 07, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review. Even though it sounds as if bankruptcy is your only course of action at this point, we are glad to hear you had an exceptional experience. A few of the great aspects of our program you mentioned include: no upfront fees, excellent communication and honest upfront explanation of the program prior to enrollment.

Floyd Alsup
November 7th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Good service and always calling and making sure every thing is ok.

Jonathan Nickle
November 7th, 2018 Yoakum, TX

Seems very good very friendly was very clear on everything will recommend them to others

Tammy
November 6th, 2018 Louisville, KY

I had a great experience with talking with Jennifer who got this set up for me,i will be saving over 200.00 dollars a month even though I just started this Thursday I trust what they have told me and I'm on the road to being Debt free,Thank You Jennifer

A worried Mom!
November 6th, 2018 Eldridge, AL

I had the Pleasure to work with Aalayssa. She explained everything plus more The good the bad and even the ugly .She ease my stress and worries alot and listen to me .We just started this process and I know we have a long ways to go til the end but I honestly feel like I made the best choice for myself and my family .

Pacific Debt Inc. Logo

Reply from Pacific Debt Inc.

Sierra IzzardNov 06, 2018

Congrats on taking the first step! It is pretty normal to be nervous - in fact we've found that most of our client's feel the same way. Just know that we will have your back every step of the way.

Carolyn Hyde
November 6th, 2018 Deer Park, TX DETAILS

Great Company! The process is simple. I worked with Julia Q and she was the best most understanding person ever. She helped me out a lot and went beyond to ensure everything turned out perfect! I recommend this company if you are in need of help with creditors..They are the best!

Joyce Lovato
November 2nd, 2018 Edgewood, NM

Ashley was most helpful and Pacific Debt relieved so much stress from My life. suddenly found myself without employment and did not know what to do. One phone call to Pacific Debt and my problems were handled.

Sherri
November 2nd, 2018

So far my husband and I feel like A. S and any of the others that I've spoken to on the phone have been very knowledgeable and nice on how to help get us out of debt a lot faster than we could have on our own.

Alejandra Recinos
November 1st, 2018 Boston, MA

The woman I desalt with was very pleasant, nice, and super helpful!

TThompson
October 31st, 2018 St Louis, MO

Everyone I talk with is friendly and helpful. They understand the situation and are willing to work with me on many different levels. They coach me through the process as to not make any errors on my side. They send friendly reminders when I forget. Julia is amazing. She knows her stuff and shares information with me so I understand the process.

Amy Habeck
October 31st, 2018 Wausaukee, WI

I really like the way Ray CuCtis explained everything to me when I told hom what was goong with my other debt relief company. I really wished he could have cancelled the plan with them instead of me calling.

David L
October 31st, 2018 DETAILS

Great customer service!A long process but feels to be done.

Dayna Machuca
October 31st, 2018 Lancaster, CA

My rep who helped me set it all up (Ashley h) was very helpful, answered all of my questions regardless of how silly or in depth they were/needed to be. She was honest and a good communicator.

James Tomkiewicz
October 31st, 2018 Harrison, MI

I was pleasantly surprised at the service I received with Pacific Debt. I never thought a person on my position was worth such assistance - I'm just glad that I did before I chose to go bankrupt. I am very satisfied up to this point. My initial contact, Rian, was very helpful, knowledgeable, and full of patience. I recommend the company highly from my experience.

Sarah Q.
October 31st, 2018 Sacramento, CA

Wyatt was able to help me feel better about my situation and not feel stuck. When I was done with our conversation o felt relief and that I could see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sergey
October 30th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Contacted Pacific Debt after learning about a few companies in an article. Pacific Debt Rep was professional and diligent in following up and setting up the initial phase in the program. Fees charged are fair.

KathyM
October 29th, 2018

Eva was incredibly helpful and respectful as she listened to my situation, and then explained how they could help. It was embarrassing to have to admit my debt situation, but the entire process was quick and all questions I had were explained in a very clear manner.

Sharon Wynn
October 29th, 2018 Amarillo, TX

I felt welcome. Julius was very kind, professional, courteous and knowledgable. He answered questions before I asked.

Catalina
October 29th, 2018 Riverside, CA

Thank you so much Pacific Debt for all your help. Thank you Wyatt for answering all my questions and help me understand the program better.

Midge Shultz
October 26th, 2018 Valparaiso, IN

Kia is the young lady I worked with and she couldn't have been any better. Explained everything so I could understand what was going to happen.

Carolyn Bryan
October 26th, 2018 Cameron, TX

Aalyssia S explained the program very well.

Linda C
October 26th, 2018 Wimauma, FL

They make it comforting and easy to admit that your credit is to much for you to keep up with after a financial hardship. Thank you so much for all your help.

Sharon Orange
October 26th, 2018 Bedford, VA

Given good news in reference to relieving our overwhelming debt that we could no longer maintain. If all goes as originally discussed, we will be almost fully debt free in 48 months; this didn't seem possible just a few days ago.

MaryEllen
October 26th, 2018 Millbury, MA

pacific debt inc. is helping me with my debt I was pleased with my plan we created

Kara S
October 26th, 2018 Bardstown, KY

Spoke with Chris T at Pacific. He explained everything so I could understand and helped to feel like I’m taking control of a bad situation. I only gave 4 stars because I have not complete the debt pay off and want to see how well the process works and if it does lower my debt-to-income ratio.