Pacific Debt Inc. verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.2

Call Now

Pacific Debt Inc. has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002. The company holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Counsel (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). In addition to experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt takes the #2 spot on our list of debt settlement companies because they offer their services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll. The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their services may not be available in your state.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Cost
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager

High Savings, Low Cost

On their website, Pacific Debt boasts how much they have reduced individual debt by--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry. Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount you'll pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also they have low costs. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC, and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for auditing each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

The most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process. Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements.

Personal Account Manager

Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager. This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt, unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 29 states. This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Many debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers. A couple reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less.

The Bottom Line

If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt and live in one of the 29 states the company works in, we recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

Call our recommended rep over at Pacific Debt Inc. below.

4.8

Jill

February 16th, 2018 Holland, MA

I was embarassed about needing to consolidate my debt. Victor was fantastic. He made me feel at ease and confident that my situation could be resolved. I appreciated his kind and supportive demeanor.

Wayne Clark

February 15th, 2018 Wahiawa, HI

Mr. Rian T. answer all my questions and explain agreement and completed in few minutes

lynn gennero

February 15th, 2018 Clinton Township, MI

Its hard to say much because nothing has been done yet. The rep I spoke with, Rian T. was so exceptionally patient with me, explaining things often more than once. All of the time we talked, he made it an enjoyable conversion. Im thankful he called me.

Margarita H.

February 15th, 2018 Corona, NY DETAILS

I can't even put into words how much relief I've had after using Pacific to help settle my debts. This entire process was made simple and everything has been crystal clear from the very beginning. My account manager has been extremely helpful in keeping me well informed about my account statuses and has been great to work with overall. Highly recommend Pacific Debt.

Jackie Goins

February 13th, 2018 Lady Lake, FL

Extremely personable and knowledgeable, answered all questions, went over all aspects of the agreement in detail. Discussed guarantee, the billing, how money will be handled. In researching companies the only con I saw for this company was that it was not in every state. So very happy their services are available in my state!

Alison Williams

February 13th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I had a lot of debt that I needed to take care of, but I needed help to do that so I went to Pacific. They've always been very supportive and understanding. They do their best to answer each and every question and guide me through the best way to pay off my account. Every few months they give me a report of what has been paid off and what things are coming up. I'm very well informed of everything that happens. They take care of everything over time and are willing to put in the work for you. They're a good company.

Dawn Bradt

February 13th, 2018 Attica, NY DETAILS

I went with them because of the reviews they had. They have been there whenever I call and kept me up to date, usually through emails. When I email them they respond promptly too. They've been able to make settlements and agreements with our creditors fairly quickly.

Samantha Cookman

February 13th, 2018 Raeford, NC DETAILS

A family member used them and had a good experience with them, so I decided to go with it too. They do a lot of the hard work for you and get things done. They are really good about getting back to me whenever I have questions. I also get emails and phone calls to update me on things. Sometimes they don't keep in touch as much as I would like them to, but they're still pretty good. Everything is going really well.

Paul Williams

February 13th, 2018 Bahama, NC DETAILS

They looked at my case to see how they could help me. We went from there and they've worked on my debt and done an excellent job. They constantly update me through emails or give me calls when something happens. When I needed to have some answers, or just to communicate with them, they respond very quickly to me. They have been able to negotiate 95% of my outstanding debt and did that efficiently. I'm happy about that.

Janette Snead

February 13th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

They were the cheapest service that I could find, so I went with them. The person that I've worked with has been terrific. I don't call them very often, but when I do I am satisfied with their responses. If they can't respond, I always get a callback fairly quickly. There's a website that I can go to and see if my bank has been paid off and things like that. I'm going to stick with them until it's done, though I wish I had made a different choice.

Sarah Killingsworth

February 13th, 2018 Yreka, CA DETAILS

They were recommended more highly than all the other services I read about. I feel totally relieved that we made the choice of putting things on their hands. The person that helps me out with everything makes me fell safe, they phone us whenever there's an update and are just super supportive and positive. So far they have paid off several of our cards in a timely fashion and are still working on some of our things. I'm more than happy about that. I'm looking forward to being done with my debt and starting over. We hope that it goes a little faster, but I know that that depends solely on how much we put into it.

Lorretta Cavalheri

February 13th, 2018 Chantilly, VA DETAILS

My husband did the research and really liked them. From the very beginning they were very flexible with me. At first they wanted 22% of the debt payments but we were able to negotiate and got it down to 20%. They're flexible and helpful like that. They always get back to me whenever I have questions and communicate really well through emails. They were all very detail oriented. We got letters, emails, and phone calls too whenever they needed to communicate with us or give us updates. They talked with the creditors and negotiated great savings for us. They explained what they were going to do, but also how they'd do it. They also told us how to handle things and how to go about doing what we needed to do. They were very thorough and always went the extra mile for us. I'm relieved that I did it, I'm completely out of debt now. I'm very happy I went with it.

William Parobek

February 13th, 2018 North Pole, AK DETAILS

I got it through a personal recommendation. They are very thorough in what they do and cover everything. We got updated on things through emails and phone calls. They also called us occasionally to make sure that everything was good.

Filipe Navesse

February 13th, 2018 Fairfield, IA DETAILS

I was trying to manage my finances a little better to get some relief from debt and I needed some help to do that. I researched different companies and decided to go with them. They're always readily available and, if I have to leave a message, they get back to me in a timely manner. Sometimes they call me to give me updates, but most of the times we get emails. I'm satisfied with it all. They are working on my behalf to lower my debt. It does work and they definitely come through for you. I should've done it sooner.

Sara Holland

February 13th, 2018 Wimberley, TX DETAILS

I saw them on the internet, that's basically how I got started with them. They're pretty good at communicating, though I haven't heard anything from them in a while. Still, for the 2 or 3 years that I've been with them they've called me once a month or so to update me on things. We're on the last payment right now and the service has worked fine for me, I'm satisfied with it.

John Ksiazek

February 13th, 2018 Palm Coast, FL DETAILS

I had a lot of credit card debt that I needed to deal with so I called them. I feel good about it now, everything has gone well.

Gary Caldwell

February 13th, 2018 Edgewood, MD DETAILS

The service was recommended by the state department, so I got it. They are very proficient and professional, their customer service is great too. I get phone calls, emails, and sometimes letter with updates about my account. They keep me well informed. I'm very satisfied with it.

Patricia Miller

February 13th, 2018 Selma, CA DETAILS

The person that has been taking care of my account for the past year has been great. She keeps in touch and really takes care of me. They check in with me every month and also call me anytime something happens. If I have a question I can just call them and they'll give me an answer. The only thing is that I didn't expect my credit score to fall. They tell you to wait while they're going in and talking to your creditors, in the meantime, you're just not making any payments. I thought that in the agreements and settlements that period would not be considered, but apparently that was not the case. Still, they solved my problems and helped me get things under control. I couldn't have done it by myself.

Christopher Campos

February 13th, 2018 Santa Paula, CA DETAILS

They had the highest consumer ratings. I was nervous at first, but the agent that I talked to put my fears at ease. Whenever I leave a message someone gets right back to me and if I have a question they answer it very well. They call me every couple of months to give me updates through the phone. I had one account that didn't work out great, but they have handled everything else very well for me. They've dropped my debt a lot. I feel confident in that they're handling my business well.

Sherrye Fuentes

February 13th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

I was in over my head and didn't know what to do with my debt. They took care of everything and told me exactly what I needed to do. In terms of negotiations, they did all the legwork. They were also very good about keeping me informed and staying in touch every step of the way through phone calls and emails. I'm very glad I did it.

Dorian Thomas Sr

February 13th, 2018 Lee, FL DETAILS

I was just trying to get my credit card situation straightened out, so I went with them. The manager of my account calls me all the time and keeps me updated. She gives me all the information I need on everything. They do what they say they're going to do. I'm very pleased with that.

Catherine

February 13th, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS

They are really nice about everything. They explain everything and never put you down because of your situation. They do a good job as far as getting your debt down goes, though they could improve their communication. There's a bit of a lack when it comes to that. If they're actively doing something, you do hear from them, but otherwise you don't really know what's going on. I haven't heard from them in a while actually, so I don't know where we stand in the process right now. I still feel like I made the right decision though.

Victoria Schwarcz

February 13th, 2018 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS

I just read good reviews about them, so I went with it. Every time I checked in with them I got a good response, and they contacted me every month or so to keep me updated. It has all been good.

Debra Branda

February 13th, 2018 Missoula, MT DETAILS

They are always there and always answer my questions. I almost never have to wonder about anything, they're just always there to help. Everything has been taken care of in the time and way they said things would go. I'm not necessarily proud of doing this, but it was what I needed to do and I feel very good about that. I'm glad I got help and I'm happy that they were there.

Peter Bagalue

February 13th, 2018 Imperial Beach, CA DETAILS

They're all really nice people and get to talk to you in a personal level. I had no problems with them. The work they did paid out. I think they're all wonderful.

Nosucker

February 12th, 2018 Bernalillo, NM DETAILS

They couldn't offer any kind of debt relief because your debt had to be 10,000 or more.

Stephanie Decker

February 12th, 2018 Hercules, CA DETAILS

Their customer service is good, they call me with updates. I had a customer service representative that was phenomenal, he helped me through a lot. In the end though, I was transferred to something else, so I'm not really happy with that. Also, I don't like that my credit score actually went down.

February 12th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

The service was recommended by a friend. They are always available to give out information and answer any questions you might have. They also contact me whenever an offer is made. I'm okay with it, they're doing pretty well.

Deborah Kincaid

February 12th, 2018 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

They always call me right back. So far I'm okay with it.

Annette Hebaus

February 12th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

I chose them because they had good ratings from Consumer Reports. Everything in my accounts has been rectified and it didn't take much effort from my part. They always get back to you whenever you have a question and they also let me know whenever anything happens in my account. I feel good about it.

John

February 12th, 2018 Maumelle, AR DETAILS

My original customer service contact is not there anymore, so I was switched to someone else. The person that I have right now is ok I guess. I don't really have much contact with them though, but when I call I get a quick response. If they're busy at the time, they call me back fairly quickly too. I get an email statement once a month to see what my account looks like.

February 12th, 2018 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

I saw it advertised somewhere so I ended up giving them a call and signing up. I'm not quite finished with it, I might have another 12 months with them, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. They always call me back within an hour or so and always answer my questions clearly. They also email me and text me when something happens. That's nice since I get reminders to check on my email. I may have been able to do this on my own, but I think it's nice to have a professional do it for me.

Grant Holzman

February 12th, 2018 Palm Harbor, FL DETAILS

I just happened to get in touch with them and the woman that responded to us was really helpful. Because of that we just decided to go with Pacific Debt. Things worked out well. They were very thorough through it all. She kept me informed of everything that happened and put my worries at easy. She was just exceptional and helped us all the way through. They made things very easy and reduced my debt. I think it was the best thing I ever did.

Wanda Howard

February 12th, 2018 Alexander City, AL DETAILS

I saw it advertised on television so I called and talked to them. From what they said it just seemed like they were a pretty good company to deal with, so I signed up. I've really enjoyed dealing with them so far. They give me calls to tell me what's going on and I haven't had any problems with them. I feel comfortable with it, they have a good service.

Marvin Grothe

February 12th, 2018 San Angelo, TX DETAILS

Their reputation convinced me of trying it. It has been fairly easy to go along with them. Customer service has just been very helpful and knowledgeable. They call us monthly or whenever something changes to let us know what is going on with our account. I haven't had any problems with them.

Jeanette Holley

February 12th, 2018 Enola, PA DETAILS

I came across it on my Facebook feed and since they were one of the best consolidation companies out there I decided to go with it. They usually update me through emails or phone calls. I really don't talk much with them unless there is something that I need. They are always exceptional though. They have been able to put almost everything I owe into one payment.

Samuel Douglas

February 12th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

Almost every time I call I've been able to get a hold of someone. If it's not the person that is directly working on my case, I get someone who can help me out. They keep me updated through emails. Everyone has been very helpful about keeping things going for me. I've paid off one of my accounts and things were relatively painless all things considered. It seems to be working out well.

Charles Goodson

February 12th, 2018 Sulphur, OK DETAILS

I researched several different companies and they seemed to be the one that had the most to offer. They also just seemed to be a lot better than the other ones I checked. I gave them a call and everything went very smoothly from there. It has been great to work with them. They've kept me informed and updated on everything. At least once every 2 weeks or so they call me to tell me how things are going. Then, as things progress, they spread out the updates. Things are going well, I'm very satisfied with it. I trust them.

Nicolle Picking

February 12th, 2018 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

I had thought about filing for bankruptcy but decided against it. Instead I looked at the option of consolidation and at that time I got an email from Pacific. It sounded like they would do a good job, so I gave them a chance. Everyone that I've talked to has always given me thorough explanations. If I leave a message they call me back right away. They also do a good job of calling me or emailing me when there's any changes or if they come up with answers for my questions. They've taken a lot off my mind. I'm relieved that things are being taken care of and that I don't have to file for bankruptcy.

Robert Graves

February 12th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS

I looked at a few companies and they were the best in my opinion. They have done a terrific job so far and I haven't run into any problems with them. I get emails from them updating me on how they're doing. I feel good about it.