Pacific Debt Inc.

8.1

16 hours ago

Pacific Debt Inc.

verified
This company has ZERO upfront costs

Pacific Debt Inc. has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002 and is headquartered in San Diego. The company holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Counsel (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). In addition to debt management experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt has achieved a top spot on our list of debt settlement companies because they offer their debt relief services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll. The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their debt management services may not be available in your state.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Fees
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager
  • Customer Resources

High Savings, Low Fees

On its website, Pacific Debt boasts how much they have reduced individual debt by--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry.

Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount you'll pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also they have low fees. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total enrolled debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Though it does charge a percentage of enrolled debt, Pacific Debt's debt consolidation fees are lower than average. The nature of debt settlement companies make it difficult to judge pricing (since individual pricing depends on the enrolled debt of each customer), but it's safe to say a lower price range (like Pacific's 15 to 25 percent range) gives you more of a chance to save money.

Additionally, Pacific Debt only works with unsecured debt, which is debt that doesn't have an asset tied to it. Examples of unsecured debt include student loan debt, medical debt, credit card debt, and utility bills.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for an audit each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

Pacific Debt reviews are overwhelmingly positive and speak highly of its customer service. The most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process. Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements. The main job of a debt settlement company is to negotiate a lower total debt with customer's creditors.

Though debt settlement can negatively impact a customer's credit score, it will also relieve the debt of customers with nowhere else to turn (those who already have lower credit scores). Credit card debt, medical debt, and student loans are difficult to escape, but companies like Pacific Debt are designed to protect you from creditors and debt collectors; that's why it's important to take a close look at Pacific Debt reviews. Previous customers are the best reference for checking the quality of debt settlement or debt consolidation companies.

Personal Account Manager

When a customer agrees to a debt settlement program, Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager as a debt specialist. This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process. This may be another reason why customers seem to love Pacific Debt as not having an assigned debt specialist is one of the most common complaints of other debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief.

Customer Resources

Customers who wish to receive an education more specified to their specific circumstances will not be disappointed by Pacific Debt's online resources. The company website clearly defines each of the customers' various options within debt relief, even some that Pacific Debt doesn't offer (including consumer credit counseling, bankruptcy, debt consolidation, debt negotiation, and debt settlement). It then clearly outlines the benefits and downsides to each of the debt relief options.

Because debt settlement and debt negotiation are better options for long-term debt, customers are encouraged to consider not making minimum payments, as there are more efficient ways to become debt free. Customers are notified within the company resources that debt negotiation is a much more aggressive approach to debt relief and may result in a lower credit score.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt (relief from credit card debt, medical bills, student loans, etc.), unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 29 states. This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Many debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers. A couple reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less. Customers shouldn't be shocked to see negative reviews on a debt settlement company; the nature of debt settlement lowers your credit score because it takes the money that would have been spent on monthly payments to creditors and saves it up in anticipation of a lower total debt. This lack of understanding is likely the reason for some negative Pacific Debt reviews.

The Bottom Line

Debt management programs like debt settlement are highly complex and difficult to do right, so Pacific Debt's high customer reviews are extremely important. In comparison to debt consolidation companies,  a debt settlement program is usually approached as a last resort (you have a low credit score and lack the money to make monthly payments). It allows you to eventually recover your credit score quicker than bankruptcy (which stays on your credit report for up to 10 years) and saves you from debt collectors; Pacific Debt does a fantastic job of negotiating lower debt with your creditors.

The positive Pacific Debt reviews speak for themselves. If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt and live in one of the 29 states the company works in, we highly recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

Call our recommended rep over at Pacific Debt Inc. below.

4.8

Joanna MacLennan
July 16th, 2018 Elkton, VA DETAILS

Awesome company! Easily the best debt settlement company. Easy to work with and eases the burden of financial issues.

K. Compton
July 16th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

So far so good. I just started more or less. It's going to get bumpy here w/ creditors, so I hope these guys will guide me along.

Juan Rodolfo Mendoza
July 16th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

It was a pleasure doing business with this company ! I was always informed of what was going on with my account, even if my account manager was not there anymore. Armando R stepped in and handled everything as if he knew exactly what was going on with it ! I'm finally debt free thanks to this great team! I will certainly recommend this company for anyone with debt issues . It was a pleasure working with anyone I came in contact with. Thanks again

Oscar Lara Hernandez
July 16th, 2018 Laredo, TX

Rian offered quick solutions and overall reassurance that there are options available, so I like a customer can glimpse light at the end of the tunnel. The company is very transparent about what they can or can't achieved and the process is very thorough

Patrick
July 16th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM

Great experience. Tessa was very knowledgeable.

Todd Neill
July 16th, 2018 Mount Clemens, MI

Jon was very informative, knowledgeable and courteous. He had answers to all my questions. Was most of the reason I chose your company.

Richard Postma
July 16th, 2018 Holland, MI DETAILS

They did a great job of freeing me from over 10k in debt. A little over 2 years with easier payments than the credit card companies have.

Linda A Criscoe
July 16th, 2018 Evergreen, NC

A lot of information to learn,was patience with explanations and questions.

pat dugan
July 16th, 2018 Lake Havasu City, AZ

My experience with Ashley H. was excellent, she was very thorough and professional. Although there was a lot to discuss, she made the process very understandable and it was not as difficult as I expected!!

Jose M
July 13th, 2018 Rego Park, NY

5 stars for mis eva .she make me fell ,I did the right decition . She was very patience.....thank to Pacific debt.

Donna T. Stoker
July 13th, 2018 Henagar, AL

Julius Y was helpful and persuaded me to go through with the debt consolidation today. Any questions I had were answered in a both a timely manner and in an empathic way. I found both the application process and and subsequent exchange of information needed and non-invasive. Overall I was delighted with my initial contact with Pacific Debt.

KEVIN RICHMOND
July 12th, 2018 Accokeek, MD

I had a great professional experience from start to finish on the debt relief process and entirely give Mr. R 5 stars...

Mike
July 11th, 2018 Lucama, NC DETAILS

I am giving a five star review at this time because our customer service experience in getting started in the program. Jonathan was very helpful and informative in explaining Pacific Debts program. We feel that we made the right decision in choosing Pacific Debt.

Sierra IzzardJul 13, 2018

Thank you so much for the five star review. We pride ourselves on enrolling fully informed customers and helping consumers make the right choice for their situation. If you need anything at all, please feel free to call us toll free at 1-877-722-3328.

Robin
July 10th, 2018 High Point, NC

Excellent, extremely helpful and knowledgeable

Anna Bofill
July 10th, 2018 Hendrix, OK DETAILS

I have been working with Pacific Debt for 6 months. This team has done nothing but help me, and they truly care about me personally. I am a recent widow, and to say that finances have been stressful is an understatement. Pacific Debt took the time to work with me to understand my situation, and has been extremely responsive whenever I have had a question. Their fee structure is amazing and the fact that I could get started on my debt settlement right away without having to pay the company "first" (as other companies do) was a HUGE relief to my sanity.

Diane
July 9th, 2018 Merced, CA DETAILS

Staff is courteous and understanding my situation

Sierra IzzardJul 09, 2018

Diane - thank you so much for your review. If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Client Care team at 1-877-722-3328 (option 1 then 2).

Franklin Bubb
July 9th, 2018 Paradise, CA DETAILS

The debt relief program I have with Pacific Debt has been very beneficial and worth it for me. I provided them the financial statements that I had concerns with and they took over on contacting those individuals and setting up a basic payment program. An account was set up and a monthly deduction gets sent to that. They handled matters through the debtors that way and the program helped me out tremendously. Kimberly B, my personal account manager, is very professional and I would highly recommend anyone to her. I was impressed with the way she conducted herself and provided the information on the overall process and how things would be executed. I'm very comfortable working with her. I've also been satisfied with the services and guidance that they provided for me. If anyone is in the same situation I was in, Pacific Debt would be a good point of contact.

Miranda
July 9th, 2018 Three Springs, PA DETAILS

I was very thankful for the help and knowledge I received. I was impressed with the courteous manor I was treated. I didn’t feel embarrassed or ashamed of my debt. They made me feel like it was going to be okay.

Marilyn McKinney
July 6th, 2018 Columbus, IN

I was amazed at how easy it was to get started on the road to recovery. Nick was so easy to talk to and so helpful in getting information on my accounts. I was totally comfortable with him. I am amazed I can get relief in two year. I am a very happy customer.

Mercedes Escalante
July 5th, 2018 Homestead, FL

I was well informed of the program that better help me. Thanks for the information

Cecelia Cameron
July 5th, 2018 Washington, PA DETAILS

I am so impressed with PDI; I just can't believe it; it was like taking the weight of the world off my shoulders and I still can't believe I waited 3 weeks to sign up. Jonathan was so knowledgeable and kind to me; he felt my anxiety and calmed me down...I will admit that I spoke with other so-called debt relief programs and then came back to PDI..the other companies out there were very impatient with my questions, made me actually feel "stupid" for my situation and were very condescending in their attitude....Jonathan took my step by step thru the process and even answered some of my questions before I asked....and to think I will be debt free in 30 months just boggles my mind....thank you, Jonathan, and thank you PDI for making my life easier and enjoyable again.

Patricia Velazquez
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I didn't even know companies like this existed. I saw another company's commercials and I started looking into them with the BBB and they weren't the best. When I was inquiring about other companies, I found Pacific Debt because they had a high rating with the Better Business Bureau. I didn't want to get into this program - I wanted to pay everything that I owed. But according to my income it would be very difficult. So far Pacific debt has treated me with respect and been courteous. Their concern is for the client to meet their goals. The credit card interested rates makes it hard for people with low income to deal with them. And all the fees are extravagant. I thank God that I was able to find this company so I was able to get some help. I am opting not to have to pay such a high interest rate and so much with something you borrow for a bit. I look forward to communicating with them and to be able to have a good company work with me. I highly recommend them. If I know anyone that's having problems like I am and they want to solve the debt problem through this medium, then I will recommend Pacific Debt.

Sierra IzzardJul 03, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review Patricia. We look forward to working with you and are glad that you found us. If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out to our Client Care team at 1-877-722-3328. You can also email us at [email protected]

Ronald Haskins
July 2nd, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

Pacific Debt was able to speak with my creditors in you know give my bills lowered and give me a monthly payment that I could afford. They've been very good and very accurate and timely. I think choosing them was a wise move.

Kechia Riley
July 2nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I'm just getting started but you can tell they're doing everything they can. I like that the keep up updated with emails

Patricia Ingle
July 2nd, 2018 Joplin, MO DETAILS

They're real nice and polite. Customer service seems like the really want to help you

Judy Simon
July 2nd, 2018 Valley Village, CA DETAILS

I signed up with them to prevent from going bankrupt and I'm very pleased so far. They follow up and they're always available when you called them. They have very good customer service.

janine leighton
June 29th, 2018

I was suprised at how efficient the whole process was. Eva made me feel comfortable talking about my debts and answered all of my questions. Eva knows her stuff! I feel like I can finally breathe now.

Grace
June 29th, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC

Very kind and patient. I appreciate the time that was taken to explain to me what the process was and how I would be helped. Risks were also explained.

Marsha Allen
June 29th, 2018 Norfolk, VA

Soon after submitting a request, I was contacted by Rian T., and he was extremely professional and clearly outlined the debt relief program. He was compassionate and non-judgmental about my circumstances. I also spoke with Nick D., and I feel very comfortable knowing he will look after and facilitate things on my behalf.

Tina Feddersen
June 28th, 2018 Sullivan, MO

Spoke with Ashley H. today and she was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and very polite. She answered all my questions and was very supportive in my life situation. I look forward to talking with other customer support members.

TIMOTHY J DORNAUS
June 28th, 2018 Pasadena, CA

The enrollment process was easy. Ashley answered all my questions and made sure I understood everything. The first step to debt relief can be difficult, but having the Pacific Debt team there for you through out the whole process makes it less daunting.

Janette Hernandez
June 28th, 2018 Fontana, CA

Ashley was very helpful and I appreciate her patience and advice. I feel hopeful that I may resolve my debt situation with her help and that of her colleagues

Danielle Martin
June 28th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY

I just joined today! Thus far my experience has been very positive. Eva is very professional and that goes far in my book! Danielle

Chris
June 28th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ

Jonathan was very professional and supportive.

Janice LeMasters
July 5th, 2018 Jasper, MO

Nick was pleasant and more than helpful,being able to reassure me on many levels during tge applucation pricess.

Phyllis Booth
June 27th, 2018 Amelia Court House, VA

Just getting started so will have to reserve some of my thoughts as we move forward through the process. Right now the customer service and information I have received sounds very promising. They are very informative and understanding of your needs. Looking forward to what happens next.

Sierra IzzardJun 27, 2018

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We appreciate your feedback and congratulate you on taking the first step! We will do everything in our power to live up to your expectations. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out at 1-877-722-3328 or via email [email protected]

Risanne
June 26th, 2018

I am very happy with the professional manner in which my case was handled. I was impressed and will recommend to anyone I know that may be going through my situstion

Noemi Moran
June 26th, 2018 La Mesa, CA

I was informed of services that would be provided to me in clear terminology. I was encouraged to check BBB for the success rate of this company and was impressed with the professional attitude of the rep I spoke to. He was very courteous and patient in answering my many questions.

Rachael
June 25th, 2018 Fultondale, AL

Very informative and will help me improve my debt/income ratio.

Rayandre
June 25th, 2018 Fort Wayne, IN

Totally changed my life and gave me ease to move forward with my future in a quick timely manner. Super nice and informative as well as easy to understand. Highly recommend if you need help, theres no shame in it.