Pacific Debt Inc.

8.0

16 hours ago

Pacific Debt Inc.

verified
This company has ZERO upfront costs

Pacific Debt Inc. has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002 and is headquartered in San Diego. The company holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Counsel (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). In addition to debt management experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt has achieved a top spot on our list of debt settlement companies because they offer their debt relief services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll. The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their debt management services may not be available in your state.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Fees
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager
  • Customer Resources

High Savings, Low Fees

On its website, Pacific Debt boasts how much they have reduced individual debt by--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry. Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount you'll pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also they have low fees. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total enrolled debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Though it does charge a percentage of enrolled debt, Pacific Debt's debt consolidation fees are lower than average. The nature of debt settlement companies make it difficult to judge pricing (since individual pricing depends on the enrolled debt of each customer), but it's safe to say a lower price range (like Pacific's 15 to 25 percent range) gives you more of a chance to save money. Additionally, Pacific Debt only works with unsecured debt, which is debt that doesn't have an asset tied to it. Examples of unsecured debt include student loan debt, medical debt, credit card debt, and utility bills.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for an audit each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

Pacific Debt reviews are overwhelmingly positive and speak highly of its customer service. The most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process. Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements. The main job of a debt settlement company is to negotiate a lower total debt with customer's creditors. Though debt settlement can negatively impact a customer's credit score, it will also relieve the debt of customers with nowhere else to turn (those who already have lower credit scores). Credit card debt, medical debt, and student loans are difficult to escape, but companies like Pacific Debt are designed to protect you from creditors and debt collectors; that's why it's important to take a close look at Pacific Debt reviews. Previous customers are the best reference for checking the quality of debt settlement or debt consolidation companies.

Personal Account Manager

When a customer agrees to a debt settlement program, Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager as a debt specialist. This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process. This may be another reason why customers seem to love Pacific Debt as not having an assigned debt specialist is one of the most common complaints of other debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief.

Customer Resources

Customers who wish to receive an education more specified to their specific circumstances will not be disappointed by Pacific Debt's online resources. The company website clearly defines each of the customers' various options within debt relief, even some that Pacific Debt doesn't offer (including consumer credit counseling, bankruptcy, debt consolidation, debt negotiation, and debt settlement). It then clearly outlines the benefits and downsides to each of the debt relief options. Because debt settlement and debt negotiation are better options for long-term debt, customers are encouraged to consider not making minimum payments, as there are more efficient ways to become debt free. Customers are notified within the company resources that debt negotiation is a much more aggressive approach to debt relief and may result in a lower credit score.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt (relief from credit card debt, medical bills, student loans, etc.), unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 29 states. This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Many debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers. A couple reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less. Customers shouldn't be shocked to see negative reviews on a debt settlement company; the nature of debt settlement lowers your credit score because it takes the money that would have been spent on monthly payments to creditors and saves it up in anticipation of a lower total debt. This lack of understanding is likely the reason for some negative Pacific Debt reviews.

The Bottom Line

Debt management programs like debt settlement are highly complex and difficult to do right, so Pacific Debt's high customer reviews are extremely important. In comparison to debt consolidation companies,  a debt settlement program is usually approached as a last resort (you have a low credit score and lack the money to make monthly payments). It allows you to eventually recover your credit score quicker than bankruptcy (which stays on your credit report for up to 10 years) and saves you from debt collectors; Pacific Debt does a fantastic job of negotiating lower debt with your creditors. The positive Pacific Debt reviews speak for themselves. If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt and live in one of the 29 states the company works in, we highly recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

4.8

Douglas Medlin
May 24th, 2018

If this program works as good as I think then I ill be thrilled. Just talking to Jennifer seemed to lesson the great weight I was feeling on my shoulders. It has been a very tough year. Hopefully this is the start of a much better time period in my life. Thanks so much Jennifer for all your help.

Michael
May 21st, 2018 Davis, CA DETAILS

No contact from account manager Nicolle for three monts

Sierra IzzardMay 22, 2018

Thank you Michael for taking the time to write a review. Your Account Manager Nicole recently took time off for Maternity Leave. We will have another team member reach out to give you a full update. After a quick review, I see that we have reached settlements on your Wells Fargo and Bank of America accounts - congrats! Also, if you ever need anything you can always reach us at 1-877-722-3328 for assistance with your account or email [email protected] .

Tara Frizzle
May 21st, 2018 Waterford, MI

Ashley was very kind and helpful. She was willing to work with me and she checked into any questions I had. This is a huge step for me as I begin the next chapter of my life single.

Johanna R Fantasia
May 21st, 2018 Staten Island, NY

My experience was very informing. I was paying a lot of interest each month. I am happy I signed up.

Linda Leeds
May 18th, 2018 Winter Haven, FL

Hi, yes I'm happy to review..I was at first very nervous about this, but after talking with Eva and Eric all my fears were gone..they explained everything with patience and extreme compassion about my situation...I just signed up yesterday, but the online process was so easy to fill out...I don't have a computer, just a smart phone...so easy, so professional..I have complete trust in them..thank you for helping me to become debt free .

Joao Rita
May 18th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL

The person that assisted me demonstrated professionalism and passion for the job. All my questions were answered. Good costumers care demonstrated.

Cindy
May 18th, 2018 Escondido, CA

I'm new to the program but so far Victor was awesome in walking me through the first step and getting me started. He was very knowledgeable and pleasant to talk to. I was so nervous of taking this step after a few follow up calls and all the information given to me and my questions being answered I was comfortable to move on and do this program. We will see how it goes I'm definitely looking to be debt free some day! Thank you Victor for the help in getting me started 😊

Baily
May 16th, 2018 Carmichael, CA DETAILS

I recently have had a change of financial circumstances, and was getting behind and unable to make my payments. Nicholas was extremely helpful and understanding with my situation. He didn't make me feel judged, and set me up with a payment that is realistic and will help me get my debt cleared up in a few years. Thanks!

Christopher Poirier
May 16th, 2018 Menifee, CA

Ray was very helpful and broke down all the material to make it easy to understand.

Kathleen S Husband
May 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I'm a new customer with Pacific and so far I'm very impressed. They were not pushy at all and found a plan that will fit my budget and get us out of debt in 36 months or less. I feel confident we can make this work.

John
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Honest, have worked with. Creditors. They kept me calm throughout the ordeal.

Sierra IzzardMay 15, 2018

John thank you so much for you review!

May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Wish the process could go by faster. It seems to be taking long.

Sierra IzzardMay 15, 2018

We know that entering a debt relief program can be stressful at times and we wish could hit the fast forward button for you. However, for most clients the program is an estimated 24-48 month process and some patience is required. Our best advice would be to call your Account Manager and ask for a program review to make sure you are on track. Additionally, if you have extra funds available to you we can use those to fast-track your program. There are no prepayment penalties.

Jodee
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

In the beginning they were very attentive and had great communication and now that we are in the settwlmwnt process I have not heard from them in over 2 months without me contacting them first.

Sierra IzzardMay 15, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I have passed along your feedback directly to your Account Manager to ensure he follows up to update you on your account. A quick review of your program shows that enrolled in July of last year. Your original program estimate was 36 months and we appear to be right on track. To date, we have entered into settlements on your two Capital One Accounts - both were settled for approx 50% of the existing balances, representing a combined savings of approx $3400. Congratulations. You have four remaining accounts, and we should be able to settle those within the estimated 36 month estimate (roughly 26 months remaining).

Lana L
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been very informative and helpful

Helen
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Everything was explained well and have patience when questions were asked.

S.H.
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They are accessible, and everyone I have ever spoken with is very knowledgeable.

Carly Green
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

The application was very simple and as long as you follow instructions they will work hardly to help you relief your debt.

Rlb
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

The representatives that I dealt with were very helpful and they gave me sound advice. They were always Friendly and helpful

Julia
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

On point, keep me inform of changes and settlements

Debora farrington
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

At first,pacific debt was very communicative...not so much anymore!

Sierra IzzardMay 15, 2018

Debora, I see your largest balance with Discover is in a settlement - congrats on that. WIth that said, I will be sure to have your Account Manager Brian follow up to give you a status update.

Closertobeingdebtfree
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They've been great to work with and have kept their guarantee to help me eliminate my credit card debt.

Troy
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Very nice to talk too, very understanding

Tess
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Very satisfied with customer service and length of time they have been settling debts

Sierra IzzardMay 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review Tess!

Mike
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

There getting my debts taken care of in a timely matter

Matt from NY
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Very attentive,honest and efficient and always checked your status and called back when you needed them

May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

I would like the person assigned to my case to b a little more involved he's very chill and doesn't really call on the regular to keep me up on things!

Lisandry S
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

always in contact with client, great communication, lots of patience

May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Very satisfied with everyone I've been in touch with. Extremely helpful and great at returning phone calls!

Serena
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been extremely helpful and responsive.

Mia Rocello

Best Coustomer Service Ever , Very friendly and understanding

LMMM
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

they have good costumer service and explain everything you need to know

Rick
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

The staff is very professional and knowledgeable, they are genuine with helping me.

ThomasG ok
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent customer service; very friendly and supportive staff; extraordinarily knowledgeable; and extremely effective negotiators.

Mike
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Good group of professionals. Very helpful.

Kimberly Bogue
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent customer service! They are always willing to work with you no matter the situation.

Rowena
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Very accomodating,very friendly, very well explained

Efemm
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

I've had nothing but an excellent experience with this company and my account manager, Raul R. I woul recommend this company to anyone who need a fresh start

L. Ramirez
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

very nice employees, very easy program, and keeping you updated on the program

Tiffany
May 16th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I just enrolled with Pacific Debt. Rian was extremely informative and empathetic in regard to my situation. He provided a lot of insight and comfort with the upcoming process of becoming debt free. Thank You Rian.

Brian Paschal
May 14th, 2018 Greensboro, NC

My experience about an issue regarding debt is never comfortable and easy but speaking with Eva made it so much more better and comfortable. She was able to explain in detail all that will be going on. Eva was very professional and very relaxing to talk to. Thank You Eva for your attention to detail and putting my mind at ease.