Pacific Debt Inc.

8.6

19 hours ago

Pacific Debt Inc.

verified
This company has ZERO upfront costs

Pacific Debt Inc. holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). In addition to debt management experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt has achieved a top spot on our list of debt settlement companies because they offer their debt relief services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll.

The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their debt management services may not be available in your state. The company has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002 and is headquartered in San Diego.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Fees
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager
  • Customer Resources

High Savings, Low Fees

On its website, Pacific Debt boasts how much they have reduced individual debt by--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry.

Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount you'll pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also they have low fees. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total enrolled debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Though it does charge a percentage of enrolled debt, Pacific Debt's debt consolidation fees are lower than average. The nature of debt settlement companies make it difficult to judge pricing (since individual pricing depends on the enrolled debt of each customer), but it's safe to say a lower price range (like Pacific's 15 to 25 percent range) gives you more of a chance to save money.

Additionally, Pacific Debt only works with unsecured debt, which is debt that doesn't have an asset tied to it. Examples of unsecured debt include student loan debt, medical debt, credit card debt, and utility bills.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for an audit each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

Pacific Debt reviews are overwhelmingly positive and speak highly of its customer service. The most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process.

Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements. The main job of a debt settlement company is to negotiate a lower total debt with customer's creditors.

Though debt settlement can negatively impact a customer's credit score, it will also relieve the debt of customers with nowhere else to turn (those who already have lower credit scores). C

redit card debt, medical debt, and student loans are difficult to escape, but companies like Pacific Debt are designed to protect you from creditors and debt collectors; that's why it's important to take a close look at Pacific Debt reviews.

Previous customers are the best reference for checking the quality of debt settlement or debt consolidation companies.

Personal Account Manager

When a customer agrees to a debt settlement program, Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager as a debt specialist.

This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process. This may be another reason why customers seem to love Pacific Debt as not having an assigned debt specialist is one of the most common complaints of other debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief.

Customer Resources

Customers who wish to receive an education more specified to their specific circumstances will not be disappointed by Pacific Debt's online resources.

The company website clearly defines each of the customers' various options within debt relief, even some that Pacific Debt doesn't offer (including consumer credit counseling, bankruptcy, debt consolidation, debt negotiation, and debt settlement). It then clearly outlines the benefits and downsides to each of the debt relief options.

Because debt settlement and debt negotiation are better options for long-term debt, customers are encouraged to consider not making minimum payments, as there are more efficient ways to become debt free. Customers are notified within the company resources that debt negotiation is a much more aggressive approach to debt relief and may result in a lower credit score.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt (relief from credit card debt, medical bills, student loans, etc.), unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 28 states.

This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Many debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers.

A couple reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less. Customers shouldn't be shocked to see negative reviews on a debt settlement company; the nature of debt settlement lowers your credit score because it takes the money that would have been spent on monthly payments to creditors and saves it up in anticipation of a lower total debt. This lack of understanding is likely the reason for some negative Pacific Debt reviews.

The Bottom Line

Debt management programs like debt settlement are highly complex and difficult to do right, so Pacific Debt's high customer reviews are extremely important. In comparison to debt consolidation companies, a debt settlement program is usually approached as a last resort (you have a low credit score and lack the money to make monthly payments).

It allows you to eventually recover your credit score quicker than bankruptcy (which stays on your credit report for up to 10 years) and saves you from debt collectors; Pacific Debt does a fantastic job of negotiating lower debt with your creditors.

The positive Pacific Debt reviews speak for themselves. If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt and live in one of the 28 states the company works in, we highly recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

Call our recommended rep over at Pacific Debt Inc. below.

4.8

Connie Kern
September 20th, 2018 Fisk, MO

The process was very quick and painless. The rep was very good.

Michael Bentley
September 20th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA

I have been behind on bills since I was disabled from the military. I have been trying to get help for my bills and no help. I saw this online and I feel now that I can better support my family. Thank you

Carol Shokoff
September 19th, 2018 Hawley, PA DETAILS

It was difficult for me to admit i was in a financial situation that, for the 1st time in my life, I couldn't manage on my own. I researched countless options that all left me uncomfortable and drained. Then i called Pacific. Expecting the same results, i didnt have much hope. Jennifer changed all that. She is so nice, helpful and reassuring. I am now on my out of my mess. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...its PACIFIC! Call them 1st.

Kathy C
September 19th, 2018 Surprise, AZ

Julius Y made me feel at ease through the whole process. I feel like I can trust this company to help me get my debt under control and paid off much faster than I ever could on my own. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel finally.

Anthony Stott
September 18th, 2018 Houston, TX

Oh my goodness. I just got a great consultation from Rian concerning a debt management plan. He explained everything in straightforward terms and got me a great quote on a plan. Time to sleep easy tonight!

Mary Pruitt
September 18th, 2018 Sacramento, CA

I want to Thank Pacific Debt Inc. I lost my job a few months ago and been trying to manage my debt, Pacific Debt Inc came along and helped me to not be stressed any longer and pay off my debts. Thank you for your help, Mary Pruitt

Raul
September 18th, 2018 Whitehouse, TX

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Pacific Debt! Rian, the person I am currently working with, is amazing! He has been so patient and has offered extremely valuable advice. He and I are currently working on a plan so that I can move forward to my future goals! I recommend Pacific Debt without hesitation!

Shankita
September 17th, 2018 Raleigh, NC

So far so good. ASHLEY was very informative and based on the plan, i can finally have extra income left over from my pay

LJ
September 17th, 2018 Ashland, PA

Julius is great! He helps you out and answers all your questions. He is really easy to talk to and works with you. Great representative.

Elaine Marion
September 17th, 2018 Madera, CA

Ray the representative super nice ,very helpful answered all my questions felt very comfortable can't wait to pay off debt and working with Pacific Debt Elaine

Thomas H Beasley
September 17th, 2018 Homestead, FL

Discussing my situation with Ray was very helpful and understanding that events can come into your life and change what the original plan was to something untenable. It is with hope that the problems can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction changing a bad situation into one that provides relief knowing that it is not a worst case solution.

Brian may
September 17th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Eva was extremely helpful with my needs, down to earth and extremely polite and professional. All my questions were answered and we set up a plan that worked perfectly for me.

Karen
September 17th, 2018 Culver City, CA

They are so awesome, especially Ashley and Kathy! I researched many companies, but they are by far the best!!! If you need the help, please call them, they tell you the whole truth and answer every question you have!!! No hidden plans!

taraneh saghafian
September 14th, 2018

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Stayed on phone until i understood everything in full.

Ysabel Berman
September 13th, 2018 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS

I have used pacific debt before. They are very professional and explained all facts in detail. My counselor was great in explanations

Melanie Blackwood
September 13th, 2018 Fairfax, VA

Patient, helpful and responsive. So far so good. Thank you.

Stephanie
September 13th, 2018 Charlottesville, VA

Clear information. Courteous. Knowledgeable.

Felicia Glispie
September 13th, 2018 Seagoville, TX

Although I’ve not started this program it appears to be a great program to assist with debt overwhelming. However what I didn’t like about it was the fact that my credit score will drop due to the payments being made late in the beginning of the program.

Kim Alley
September 12th, 2018 Hailey, ID

Eva the lady I talked to she was very sympathetic to my needs and what I wanted. She took the time to answer every question and make sure I understood everything.

DSW
September 13th, 2018 Vallejo, CA DETAILS

Well so far so good all things considered. It's a bit unnerving going through the process because your credit will take a hit in the short-term but I feel that PDI has done a really good job in keeping me informed. Their advice on how and when to add debt to the program was helpful as well. Kimberly B. has been really great with my first settlement and she is responsive to my needs. It looks like I will be able to end the earlier than projected.

Donald FellAirbus61
September 12th, 2018 Enterprise, AL

So far so good, been very helpful and considerate.

Annavita boyle
September 19th, 2018 Warminster, PA

I was very pleased as to how the representative Jennifer explained everything in detailed way.

Jimmy Duong
September 11th, 2018 St Louis, MO

Rian T was very enlightening. He able to quickly go over everything thoroughly, breaking it down adequately so that I could understand everything as I was at work on the move. All and all very good speaker and knowledgeable employee.

C. Vernon
September 7th, 2018 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS

The representative answered all of my questions to the best of her ability and when she was unsure, she reached out for help. She was very kind and made sure I was comfortable with the program before enrolling. Looking forward to the next few years with Pacific Debt.

CJ
September 7th, 2018 Anniston, AL DETAILS

The genuine concern and honesty was refreshing

Jess
September 7th, 2018 Mesquite, TX DETAILS

It was painless and easy and gave me a sense of relief that I needed in this time , Rian was so helpful and kind and understanding, it’s crazy that something that has been plagueing me for years is going to go away and be handled for ever . I could not be happier

Y
September 6th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Great informative solutions for customers wanting to resolve debt and move positively forward with their lives. Thank you!

Chloe Chase
September 5th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

Victor G was extremely thorough in answering all of my questions, and was very helpful in advising me about how to best consolidate my debt.

David Coe
September 4th, 2018 Brownwood, TX DETAILS

Ray was knowledgeable and the company uses technology to make the enrollment simple and fast.

Lennie Schrantz
September 5th, 2018 Vail, AZ

Great experience. Was very nervous having to actually find debt relief and admit we were in big trouble. All the people that I've talked to and who have helped in getting this set up were super friendly and helpful. It was super quick despite my changing a few of my creditors taking only a few minutes. They explained how it all works so that I felt much better.

Vincent DiMurro
August 31st, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Rian T was very professional and courtesy, understanding to me needs and willing to answer questions with no problem.

Sandra Haynes
August 31st, 2018 Santa Rosa, CA

I am very pleased so far with the knowledge I have been given by Ray. He is gracious and understanding. Since I just started with this company I will see how it goes and come back with a better review. I just hope this program is everything I want it to be including the team member I will be dealing with.

Pacific Debt Inc. Logo

Reply from Pacific Debt Inc.

Sierra IzzardAug 31, 2018

Thank you so much for your review Sandra. We look forward to helping you resolve your debt situation. We are confident that we will earn your 5 star review as your progress through the program. Feel free to call us any time at 1-877-722-3328. We will be reaching out soon to schedule your welcome call.

Wanda Martinelli
August 30th, 2018 Madison, WI

I was very impressed with the agents knowledge of the program and how he delivered the information to me. Every area was covered. He answered all of my questions and I feel very confident that the program will work for me. I have had many financial struggles for some time and I feel more at peace now. I look forward to my success and in getting my credit record repaired. Thank you very much!

Toni
August 30th, 2018 Stroudsburg, PA DETAILS

I did quite a bit of research before deciding if I wanted to pursue a DMP or debt settlement. Pacific Debt had the best reviews both business wise & consumer wise when it came to debt settlement. I simply cannot afford to keep up with all of the interest rates my creditors expect from me. I have not ever missed a payment and have always been on time approx 95% of the time in all of my credit history. Still, not once did they adjust my APR. A DMP wasn’t for me because although I have not missed any payments, I know I cannot afford to keep up & certain creditors do not participate with DMP’s. So far I have been working with “ Rian T” & he has been great with explaining everything to me in detail. It is too early to provide a 5 star rating as I literally just started with them yesterday but I will be sure to update here or else where as time progresses.

Pacific Debt Inc. Logo

Reply from Pacific Debt Inc.

Sierra IzzardAug 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your review Toni. We look forward to helping you resolve your debt situation. We are confident that we will earn your 5 star review as your progress through the program. Feel free to call us any time at 1-877-722-3328. We will be reaching out soon to schedule your welcome call.

Akua Hope
August 30th, 2018 New York, NY

My experience with Mr. Ray C was sincerely appreciated. I feel a relief from his help and the way he explained the credit program with my financial problem. I also appreciate his patience with my many questions . And of course I am very Happy that now I have some money in my pockets , Much more than I've had in a long while . Mr. Ray also explain to me the fact , credit cards are not better than using your own money, He made me see how credit cards are just a trap! A H

Nadia
August 30th, 2018 Pleasanton, CA

Jennifer was really helpful she didn’t hesitate to call me back on time as we texted.

Brandon
August 30th, 2018 Austin, TX

Rian and Eric have been very informative, and I feel comfortable with their expertise moving forward.

Edward Bazal
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

My debt counselor, Julius, was very helpful in explaining all the parts of the program. Since this is the 1st day, I have to wait and see how this goes forward.

Giselle Gonzalez
August 28th, 2018 Cape Coral, FL

Ray and Eric were upfront and made sure I understood my decision. Eric went through the contract page by page, I truly appreciate that very important gesture. They didn’t push their point or there services.

Steve
August 28th, 2018 Walden, NY

Rian was very helpful... Especially with the multitude of questions.