Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Pacific Debt Inc.

verified
$100 Guarantee
This company has ZERO upfront costs

Pacific Debt Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in debt settlement services. The company holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). Pacific Debt was also recognized by US News and World Reports as one of the best debt settlement companies for 2018. In addition to debt management experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt has achieved a top spot on our list of debt settlement companies because they offer their debt relief services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll.

The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their debt management services may not be available in your state. The company has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002 and is headquartered in San Diego.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Fees
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager
  • Customer Resources

High Savings, Low Fees

On its website, Pacific Debt boasts how much they have reduced individual debt by--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry.

Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount you'll pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also they have low fees. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total enrolled debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Though it does charge a percentage of enrolled debt, Pacific Debt's debt consolidation fees are lower than average. The nature of debt settlement companies make it difficult to judge pricing (since individual pricing depends on the enrolled debt of each customer), but it's safe to say a lower price range (like Pacific's 15 to 25 percent range) gives you more of a chance to save money.

Additionally, Pacific Debt only works with unsecured debt, which is debt that doesn't have an asset tied to it. Examples of unsecured debt include student loan debt, medical debt, credit card debt, and utility bills.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for an audit each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

Pacific Debt reviews are overwhelmingly positive and speak highly of its customer service. The most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process.

Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements. The main job of a debt settlement company is to negotiate a lower total debt with customer's creditors.

Though debt settlement can negatively impact a customer's credit score, it will also relieve the debt of customers with nowhere else to turn (those who already have lower credit scores). C

redit card debt, medical debt, and student loans are difficult to escape, but companies like Pacific Debt are designed to protect you from creditors and debt collectors; that's why it's important to take a close look at Pacific Debt reviews.

Previous customers are the best reference for checking the quality of debt settlement or debt consolidation companies.

Personal Account Manager

When a customer agrees to a debt settlement program, Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager as a debt specialist.

This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process. This may be another reason why customers seem to love Pacific Debt as not having an assigned debt specialist is one of the most common complaints of other debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief.

Customer Resources

Customers who wish to receive an education more specified to their specific circumstances will not be disappointed by Pacific Debt's online resources.

The company website clearly defines each of the customers' various options within debt relief, even some that Pacific Debt doesn't offer (including consumer credit counseling, bankruptcy, debt consolidation, debt negotiation, and debt settlement). It then clearly outlines the benefits and downsides to each of the debt relief options.

Because debt settlement and debt negotiation are better options for long-term debt, customers are encouraged to consider not making minimum payments, as there are more efficient ways to become debt free. Customers are notified within the company resources that debt negotiation is a much more aggressive approach to debt relief and may result in a lower credit score.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt (relief from credit card debt, medical bills, student loans, etc.), unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 31 states.

This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Some debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers.

A couple of reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less. Customers shouldn't be shocked to see negative reviews on a debt settlement company; the nature of debt settlement lowers your credit score because it takes the money that would have been spent on monthly payments to creditors and saves it up in anticipation of a lower total debt. This lack of understanding is likely the reason for some negative Pacific Debt reviews.

The Bottom Line

Debt management programs like debt settlement are highly complex and difficult to do right, so Pacific Debt's high customer reviews are extremely important. In comparison to debt consolidation companies, a debt settlement program is usually approached as a last resort (you have a low credit score and lack the money to make monthly payments).

It allows you to eventually recover your credit score quicker than bankruptcy (which stays on your credit report for up to 10 years) and saves you from debt collectors; Pacific Debt does a fantastic job of negotiating lower debt with your creditors.

The positive Pacific Debt reviews speak for themselves. If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt and live in one of the 31 states the company works in, we highly recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

Call our recommended rep over at Pacific Debt Inc. below.

4.8

Patricia Keen
January 22nd, 2019 Henderson, TX

I just signed up, but Jennifer was extremely patient in answering my questions

Christian
January 22nd, 2019 Detroit, MI

Cedric did an amazing job and took care of my needs.

Thank you!
January 22nd, 2019 Harrisonburg, VA

Being in debt is an uncomfortable situation. Pacific Debt was able to give my financial situation relief. They put me at ease by answering all of my questions knowledgeably and addressing all of my concerns without judgement. I actually slept last night knowing I had taken the first step in the right direction.

Chris
January 22nd, 2019 Kalamazoo, MI DETAILS

Kia helped me out and I am so so happy I finally made the decision to call her back. I’m excited to get out of this hole I put myself in and now I actually have a plan. There is no better feeling than getting a game plan for that debt to go away.

Raul
January 22nd, 2019 Whitehouse, TX DETAILS

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Pacific Debt! Rian, the person I am initially worked with, was amazing! He was so patient and offered extremely valuable advice. Rian helped me with questions I had related to the program, the pros and cons, and guided me where needed. He and I worked on a plan and I was able to get that plan rolling. Each month, I received regular follow-up calls from Julia and she also was so gracious and helpful. It became clear to me that Pacific Debt is a company that truly cares about the client. Julia was reassuring, answered all of my questions, and provided great information. I felt at ease throughout the process because of both her and the team. Unfortunately, I had to proceed with bankruptcy due to several factors not related to the help provided form Pacific Debt. When I informed them that I needed to close my account, they were very understanding and asked if there was anything else they could do to help. They were a class act throughout the entire process. I recommend Pacific Debt without hesitation!

Marian Jones
January 18th, 2019 West Monroe, LA

Rian T. was very professional, kind, patient and non-judgmental. He answered all my questions and explained everything that would take place pertaining to my Debt Relief. He walked me through the procedure step-by-step, answering my questions as we went along. Thank you!.

Rodolfo
January 18th, 2019 El Paso, TX

Associate was very professional and very knowledgeable.

Barbara Bohl
January 18th, 2019 Gulfport, MS

He was very personable and easy to talk to. He answered my questions and took his time with me

Mayke Darby
January 18th, 2019 Lancaster, CA DETAILS

We just signed up to start a new life towards financial health. Jennifer C. was absolutely fabulous, she answered all of our questions and accommodated our very busy scheduled.

S. Kathleen Mickey
January 17th, 2019 Hope Mills, NC

So far, the customer service and sincere concern for the customers financial hardship above the standard!

Samantha Bonavia
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Greatvsobfar very helpful and on top of my case

Michelle
January 17th, 2019 Scottsboro, AL

Eva was very nice and knowledgeable. She walked me step by step through the program and put any concerns I had at ease

Frank
January 16th, 2019 Whittier, CA

Great customer service, Cedric answered all my questions and or concerns I had.

Tom Laux
January 16th, 2019 Mount Kisco, NY

So far so good, I understand everything I need to, waiting to hear from my client care rep to go over processes of plan and other needed info. I'll better be able to assess service at a later date, but Rian has been solid to this point

Ana M Kiefer
January 16th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

Excellent customer service. I am very satisfied on how overall they guided me through my debt process and all the possible options are available for my financial success. Thank you Pacific Debt for helping through a difficult time in my life.

Michelle
January 15th, 2019 Independence, KY DETAILS

I was referred by a friend to use pacific debt relief. I’m so glad I did! It was overwhelming in the beginning, but Kia was so helpful! She answered all the questions i had!

Ruth
January 15th, 2019 Crockett, TX

Counselor was very knowledgeable and very helpful to me. Made sure I understood everything. Walked me through everything step by step. Very pleased.

Sarah
January 14th, 2019 Livonia, MI

Rian was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Shawn
January 14th, 2019 Florence, KY

So far in this experience it has been a seemless process and I loved working with my representative. I feel now that I’ll be able to become debt free!

Keith
January 14th, 2019 Olive Branch, MS

My experience with Pacific debt was Comforting. Kia was very sharp and has an excellent voice. The transaction went very smoothly. It is hard to trust any such company to really help you but despite the fee of 25 percent I do feel good about my decision. So far so good. It will give me the ability to live without the overwhelming interest rates that some credit card companies charge. I will finally be able to get ahead.

Armando Freire Jr
January 14th, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The representative I had Eric was absolutely the most patient and understanding person. He was a no pressure type of individual that gave it to you like it is. I appreciate his honesty and help!

Angelica
January 11th, 2019 Omaha, NE

Chris was very helpful & informative. He was able to help me feel that I made the right decision & gave me a piece of mind that I haven’t had in a very long time. He reassured me that Pacific Debt is there for support anytime. I felt relieved knowing that I wasn’t alone & able to get this debt under control & able to fit it in my budget.

DEBORAH WATSON
January 11th, 2019 Shinglehouse, PA

Cedric, my Pacific Debt Specialist was very easy to understand as he explained the program. As well, each individual is evaluated for their own personal situation. Understanding how the program works, the money you save, the reduced monthly financial debt, and the freedom to reach goals will result in a debt free life. If you persevere, believe, and feel comfortable with Pacific Debt Inc., they can help you.

Vivian Meridith
January 11th, 2019 Stilwell, OK

Chris was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He answered all the questions I had. He has helped me with problems more than once.

Brenda a hernandez
January 11th, 2019 Glendale, AZ

I am just getting started and I felt like Kia was very understanding and was letting me ask as many questions and made me feel comfortable In my decision even though I am still scared I am hoping they keep walking me through

Samantha H
January 10th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

I was apprehensive at first to start this, but Rian helped me so much and gave me a lot of information and advice. I am excited to start this journey.

Arin
January 9th, 2019 Tomah, WI DETAILS

The customer service is great. Very patient. Always finds a time to talk when your free. They never pressure you.

Chaneko Robbie Terry
January 8th, 2019 Bowling Green, KY

Very helpful polite answered questions on time

David
January 7th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA

I just recently became a client with Pacific Debt so I can only comment on my consultation with Rian. He was very polite and friendly, and took plenty of time to explain the program, and answer my questions.

Jan 07, 2019

David, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are hopeful that you will take the time to update your review in a few months as your progress through the program. We'd love the opportunity to earn that 5 star review!

Carol Cox
January 7th, 2019 Ridgewood, NY

Julius Y is the person l spoke to, he helped me understand how consolidation worked. He explained everything l asked, he had a Great Personality & made me feel very comfortable talking to him. He knew every answer to the questions l asked. He is a Great Person to deal with the public. I had my friend call him & sign up with your company.

Angelica
January 7th, 2019

I was not told this is a debt settlement company until it was the signing process. I withdrew from the program the same day.

Jan 07, 2019

We apologize for the experience you had and the misunderstanding. Please note we strive to educate our clients on the options available to them and enroll them in a program that is appropriate for their situation. On our web site it clearly states debt settlement, as well as the service agreement that was signed. That said, we know that misunderstandings happen and we will review the call to see if there is something we can do improve our process. We appreciate your feedback.

Eileen Hudson
January 7th, 2019 Nipomo, CA

So far this has been a good experience. Ashley was very courteous. I am just starting so I don't have a lot of info., but, again, they have been very helpful & accommodating!!

Henrietta Spellings
January 4th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

My experience with Eric was fantastic ..he so helped so much...

Theresa
January 4th, 2019 Grandview, MO

Ashley is awesome. Just finished paperwork with her and I’m looking forward to becoming free from credit card debt!!

Z Maria
January 3rd, 2019 Amarillo, TX

Rian did a great job explaining everything and got me into a program that I can handle. Looking forward to being debt free!

Marcy
January 2nd, 2019 Lansing, MI

Wyatt was extremely helpful and empathetic to my situation and very knowledgeable. I appreciate his customer service.

Carla Pinheiro Ghipsmann
January 2nd, 2019 Pompano Beach, FL

So far so good...first call went great, was able to get all my accounts in and finalize my paperwork in 1 hour. Rian did a great job!!!

Dave
January 2nd, 2019 Ludington, MI DETAILS

We have been working wit PDI for about 4 years. We are very pleased with their service. They just settled our last account, in less than 6 mos. we will be debt free. They have helped us very very much.

Rebo Kuma
December 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Pacific Debt Inc goes above and beyond to support my debt settlement. Excellent customer service makes the difference.

Dec 31, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your 5 star review. We couldn't agree more - Excellent Customer Service does make all of the difference. If you should ever need anything with your program, please feel free to call us at 1-877-722-3328 or via email at [email protected]

Davonica France
December 30th, 2018 Harker Heights, TX

I am looking forward to this life changing experience. Mr R was a joy to speak with in the setup process. He was very informative and very open to explain any questions that I had. Thank you!