Pacific Debt Inc.

verified

Pacific Debt Inc.

verified
This company has ZERO upfront costs

Pacific Debt Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in debt settlement services. The company holds major industry accreditations with the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA). Pacific Debt was also recognized by US News and World Reports as one of the best debt settlement companies for 2018.

In addition to debt management experience and accreditations, Pacific Debt has achieved a top spot on our list of debt settlement companies because it offers its debt relief services at one of the lowest prices in the industry. Pacific Debt's pricing ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total debt you enroll.

The major downside to Pacific Debt is that their debt management services may not be available in your state. The company has been in the debt settlement industry since 2002 and is headquartered in San Diego.

View real Pacific Debt Inc. reviews below.

The Good

• High Savings, Low Fees
  • Industry Accreditations
  • Positive Customer Reviews
  • Personal Account Manager
  • Customer Resources

High Savings, Low Fees

On its website, Pacific Debt boasts how much it has reduced individual debt--and it is impressive. In most cases, the company is able to reduce your debt by 20 to 50 percent--a significant amount in this industry.

Pacific Debt's ability to effectively settle your debts makes it much easier for you to pay the debts and be on the road towards being debt-free.

Not only can Pacific Debt reduce the amount borrowers pay on each of your unsecured debts, but also it also has low fees. To work with Pacific Debt, you will pay the company 15 to 25 percent of your total enrolled debt. On average, most of the companies we have reviewed charge an average of 21 to 24 percent.

Though it does charge a percentage of enrolled debt, Pacific Debt's debt consolidation fees are lower than average. The nature of debt settlement companies make it difficult to judge pricing (since individual pricing depends on the enrolled debt of each customer), but it's safe to say a lower price range (like Pacific's 15 to 25 percent range) gives you more of a chance to save money.

Additionally, Pacific Debt only works with unsecured debt, which is debt that doesn't have an asset tied to it. Examples of unsecured debt include student loan debt, medical debt, credit card debt, and utility bills.

Industry Accreditations

According to consumers, one of the most important things a debt settlement company can offer is accreditation. Pacific Debt is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA. Being an accredited member of the AFCC means Pacific Debt submits their website for an audit each year. The AFCC makes sure their accredited members conform to industry standards and strives to protect consumers.

Positive Customer Reviews

Pacific Debt reviews are overwhelmingly positive and speak highly of its customer service. he most common review we see of Pacific Debt is that company representatives know what they are talking about when consumers call, and they keep consumers informed throughout the entire settlement process.

Many clients also praise Pacific Debt for early settlements. The main job of a debt settlement company is to negotiate a lower total debt with customer's creditors.

Though debt settlement can negatively impact a customer's credit score, it will also relieve the debt of customers with nowhere else to turn (those who already have lower credit scores).

Credit card debt, medical debt, and student loans are difficult to escape, but companies like Pacific Debt are designed to protect you from creditors and debt collectors; that's why it's important to take a close look at Pacific Debt reviews.

Previous customers are the best reference for checking the quality of debt settlement companies and debt consolidation companies.

Personal Account Manager

When a customer agrees to a debt settlement program, Pacific Debt assigns each customer a personal account manager as a debt specialist.

This single point of contact works with customers throughout the entire negotiation and settlement process. This may be another reason why customers seem to love Pacific Debt as not having an assigned debt specialist is one of the most common complaints of other debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief.

Customer Resources

Customers who wish to receive an education more specified to their specific circumstances will not be disappointed by Pacific Debt's online resources.

The company website clearly defines each of the customers' various options within debt relief, even some that Pacific Debt doesn't offer (including consumer credit counseling, bankruptcy, debt consolidation, debt negotiation, and debt settlement). It then clearly outlines the benefits and downsides to each of the debt relief options.

Because debt settlement and debt negotiation are better options for long-term debt, customers are encouraged to consider not making minimum payments, as there are more efficient ways to become debt free. Customers are notified within the company resources that debt negotiation is a much more aggressive approach to debt relief and may result in a lower credit score.

In addition to online resources, potential customers can have a free consultation with a certified debt counselor who will review their financial situation and options for becoming debt-free.

The Bad

• Service Limited to Certain States
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Service Limited to Certain States

While there are amazing perks to using Pacific Debt (relief from credit card debt, medical bills, student loans, etc.), unfortunately, they are not available to everyone. Pacific Debt only offers service in 31 states.

This leaves just under half of the U.S. unable to take advantage of Pacific Debt's low cost, industry experience, and customer service. Some debt settlement companies are available in 40 or more states.

Negative Customer Reviews

Negative reviews of Pacific Debt are more difficult to come by than positive ones, but some clients have complained of being passed around between account managers.

A couple of reviewers mentioned they wish Pacific Debt could have settled their debts for less. Customers shouldn't be shocked to see negative reviews on a debt settlement company; the nature of debt settlement lowers your credit score because it takes the money that would have been spent on monthly payments to creditors and saves it up in anticipation of a lower total debt. This lack of understanding is likely the reason for some negative Pacific Debt reviews.

The Bottom Line

Debt management programs like debt settlement are highly complex and difficult to do right, so Pacific Debt's high customer reviews are extremely important.

In comparison to debt consolidation companies, a debt settlement program is usually approached as a last resort (you have a low credit score and lack the money to make monthly payments).

Settlement companies negotiate with lenders for a lower total debt. Pacific Debt focuses on unsecured debt, which includes debt from school, health care, a personal loan, and consumer debt (e.g. credit card debt). If a consolidation loan is not a good fit for your financial situation, debt settlement may be a good fit.

Debt settlement allows you to eventually recover your credit score quicker than bankruptcy (which stays on your credit report for up to 10 years) and saves you from debt collectors; Pacific Debt does a fantastic job of negotiating lower debt with your creditors.

The positive Pacific Debt reviews speak for themselves. If you find yourself in more than $7.5k in debt--student loans, medical bills, or high outstanding balances on your credit card--and live in one of the 31 states the company works in, we highly recommend using Pacific Debt. The company is held to high industry standards (they are members of all four major accreditation organizations), and they have a proven track record of settling debts for much less than what is owed.

Call our recommended rep over at Pacific Debt Inc. below.

4.8

Joan Welte
March 25th, 2019 Newport Beach, CA DETAILS

They have treated me Joan Welte well. I trust them.

Robert G Daugherty
March 25th, 2019 DETAILS

i think this company can help me get rid of my large debts. they will keep me out of bankruptcy.

Jorge
March 22nd, 2019 Laredo, TX

Excellent customer service! They take you step by step on the process and they give you peace of mind that what ever situation you are in it will be resolved. Ms. Kelaiah C was very supportive and attentive .

Kelli
March 22nd, 2019 Patchogue, NY DETAILS

My husband and I had gotten in over our heads with our debt due to costs related to our wedding 3 years ago followed with back to back medical set backs. Eva with Pacific Debt Inc. helped us to see there was a way out without having to declare bankruptcy. She was so helpful and put our worries to easy. We are now able to start saving for a house and still able to get out of debt within two years.

Pam
March 22nd, 2019 Havelock, NC

Well, I only just got started, but so far everyone seems completely devoted to helping me and NOT being judgemental - which is huge!!

Lewis Farwell
March 21st, 2019 Calimesa, CA

The employees know their job and didn't confuse me with a bunch of double talk.

Rozetta
March 21st, 2019 Montgomery, AL

The reason I am giving a 5 star rating is because I tried other ways to resolve my debt. But, I was denied three times by other companies so, after that experience I decided that there was no need to try again, then a friend of mine sent me the website care one credit. I selected the website and it rerouted me to a number to call. I called the number and Eva answered and I told her my name and my reason for the call and she proceeded to assist me. Eva was very professional in asking questions and explaining to me each time before she proceeded with the information I gave her. She explained the process to me and I was able to understand. But, when she came back to the phone and told me that she was able to help me, I was overwhelmed with excitement because I just knew it was going to be denied again. Although I am just starting the program my experience was very impressive and I believe that the duration of the program will be a success as well! Thank you Eva L!

Jen
March 21st, 2019 Arlington, NE DETAILS

Kia was very thorough and talked me through the entire process. I felt very comfortable and confident in their services.

John Strout
March 21st, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

first I was greeted quickly by a person who spoke clear fluent English! Erin C, I'm assuming the best of the best of this company, helped me understand exactly what I was getting into the costs of it, and a clear outcome so that I was incomplete understanding of everything and was not left in complete confusion. Which is a huge deal for somebody with OCD! Much better offer than any of the other companies I got quotes for and seemed much more honest and the others from the very beginning. I will totally be recommending this company to family and friends! The customer service was undoubtedly the best I've experienced by far!

Carol Zimmerman
March 20th, 2019 Nampa, ID

Erin is wonderful, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with,She is an asset to your company.

Tina
March 20th, 2019 Marlow, OK DETAILS

We completed the entire process in about an hour and half , with the help of Jordan who was the most helpful and informative customer service representative I have ever dealt with . I had no idea this was even an option and I am so thankful to God for leading us to Pacific Debt and Jordan. That being said we just started yesterday so I hope we get to give another review later on into the process . Thank you for everything Pacific Debt .

Jose Robles
March 18th, 2019 East Wenatchee, WA DETAILS

Unresponsive. I just inquired about their about their product and it cost me 25 points off my credit report. I'm outraged!

Mar 18, 2019

Jose, thank you for the review, however, I don't show any record of your recently inquiring about our service. Additionally, we typically run a soft credit pull via Experian if it is via our web site, which has no impact on your score. Lastly, we do not service the state of Washington so it might be that you had your credit run by a different organization.

Dwain Cromwell
March 18th, 2019 Fayetteville, AR

I was most impressed with Ms. C's detailed professionalism in guiding me through the entire process, which is about a 20 minute deal. She was on target while being friendly. I recommend you promote Ms. C to Director of Traing, because she is the best !

Tom r
March 14th, 2019

Excellent guidance provided by Ray C In breaking down the pros and cons of debt relief and how pacific debt could help me renegotiate my debt downward!

nikki bluestein
March 14th, 2019 Oceanside, CA

This was not an easy decision for me to make, but Rian was patient and gave me a lot of information. He was not the first consultant that I spoke with, but I liked his demeanor and he made me feel very comfortable.

Jean
March 11th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM

It was amazing key went above and beyond to help me solve my problems really showed me real customer service.

Mavis Rogers
March 11th, 2019 Upland, CA DETAILS

I just started with pacific debt and so far everything has been phenomenal. All my questions were answered and all my worries put to rest. I feel well informed and confident in this company and I’m looking forward to paying off my debt once and for all!

James tunnell
March 8th, 2019 Visalia, CA

Very easy to work with. You have given me a better look at life right now. Thank you.

Alton Warner
March 6th, 2019 Baton Rouge, LA

The people I have contacted have professional and helpful.

Glenn
March 6th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY

I was feeling very overwhelmed and didn’t know where to turn. Then I stumbled upon pacific debt and Wyatt in particular. He was ever so professional and knowledgeable. He walked me through the process easing my concerns. Thanks pac debt and especially Wyatt.

Arpik
March 5th, 2019 Glendale, CA

Nick was tremendously helpful in explaining every detail. He was able to quickly gain my trust with his expertise. I really appreciate his patience and the time he took to educate me with the process. I feel I'm in good hands. Thank you Nick

Laura Wood
March 4th, 2019 Corinth, MS

So far so good. Camille has been very professional and has answered all my questions. .

Howard Bland
March 25th, 2019 Laveen, AZ DETAILS

These people are wonderful! They walk you through each process and call and check on you monthly to answer any questions. I 100% recommend Pacific Debt.

James
March 1st, 2019 Matamoras, PA DETAILS

My experience from my initial contact with Wyatt and working with Julia Q has been professional, courteous and just a seamless transition. I have never been exposed to situations like I am in but Julia has made me know that it will all work out and she is awesome at explaining the process, what to expect and that is a huge comfort. The unknown is the most fearful state a person can be in and Julia has made it not as frightening and just keeps everything in perspective.

Floyd Alsup
March 1st, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Just work to make the program work for your specific needs

Brenda Taylor
February 28th, 2019 Tempe, AZ

Cedric was very informative in explaining process and how it can help me get my debt down. I felt very comfortable and a big help for my expensive. Thank you

Bruce Jones
February 28th, 2019 Portage, IN

It was very easy to get enrolled and Eva L is very encouraging.

Mike Nolan
February 26th, 2019 Hamburg, NY

Great customer service experience! They truly care about their clients!

Mark J
March 14th, 2019 Greenbackville, VA DETAILS

New to this but so far it is going well. I am looking forward to being debt free in way shorter time than I otherwise would be. Everyone so far has been very helpful.

Paula
February 25th, 2019 Baldwin, NY

Ryan T was awesome. He explained with patience and simply answers I could understand . My experience great.

Debt Free
February 25th, 2019 Clifton, VA

Erin has been the sweetest person to speak to. She laid out entire process without making me feel I am the loser. Fee gets a but higher than I expected but overall process was pleasant and flawless. Thank you!

nancy
February 21st, 2019 Newburgh, IN

I spoke with Nick and he was very pleasant and understanding of my situation. He was polite, friendly, and helpful. He was very encouraging with set up of paying off my debt in a much shorter period of time. He walked with the me thru the documents and answered my questions patiently.

Feb 22, 2019

Thank you so much for writing your review and we love to hear the great feedback about our team member Nick. We are hopeful that by the end of your program we will have earned a 5 star review.

Mark W
February 21st, 2019 High Ridge, MO DETAILS

A friend of mine who went through financial trouble referred me and I could not be happier. For months my family has been struggling to make minimum payments on our Credit Cards and Loans. With the plan Erin C helped us get established, we feel such a weight lifted off our shoulders.

Rosalyn Noyes
February 20th, 2019 Clovis, CA

My customer service rep was great. He answered all my questions, explained the program in detail, after working around my hectic schedule for 2 days.

Alex Perez
February 20th, 2019 Dallas, TX

I spoke to several companies and it just did not feel comfortable and they was to pushy , now when I spoke to Ryan it felt like speaking to a family member .

Feb 22, 2019

That is great feedback Alex. Rian is a great team member and treats out clients like family. Welcome to PDI Alex.

Aubrey
February 19th, 2019 Alexander City, AL

Since it was an intake assessment, I cannot rate the company overall. I can say, however, this initial contact was excellent. Julius was personable and made our experience pleasant and informative. We felt good about our decision to work with Pacific. Thank you for helping us know we can climb out of a difficult position!

Holly
February 15th, 2019 Pinconning, MI

Kia was very helpful she answered all my questions and was very thorough and friendly

Robin
February 15th, 2019 Georgetown, KY DETAILS

Getting started was easy. I felt like a failure but was put at ease.

Wright
February 20th, 2019 Clayton, NC DETAILS

The degree of professionalism was outstanding. I felt all my questions were answered and with patience. Eric was patient and very courteous. Great experience!

Brenda
February 14th, 2019 Hansen, ID

I was impressed with how knowledgeable and very informative about Pacific Debt Cedric was. When I didn't understand or I had a question he answered them to my satisfaction. He explained that only I could cancel my program, the guarantee, the billing where I chose the date to pay and instead of paying most of my check I pay less, which helps tremendously! I really appreciate the dedication and time he spent with me explaining the program. He also, told me if I have any questions before I get my account manager that I could call him and he gave me his information. Very nice! I am very excited about becoming debt free!

Lauren
February 14th, 2019 Shawnee, OK

Wonderful! I was very pleased with Aalyssa S. She answered all of my questions and went over everything in a very professional manner but was also welcoming and didn’t make me feel bad for the situation I was in. from the first, shewas so positive and made me feel hopeful that there was a solution for me.

Beth smith
February 14th, 2019 Owosso, MI

They were very understanding and it helped me feel better about my situation

Marshall
February 14th, 2019 Oxford, MS DETAILS

Very easy to work with. Made the process very easy to understand.

nita Ashlock
February 14th, 2019 Azle, TX

She was great she stayed on the phone with me over 3 hrs

Marissa
February 11th, 2019 Deerfield Beach, FL

I can’t really give a review as of yet since I just started. But as far as customer service, answering questions and working with my situation so far so good.

Jen
February 8th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

Eva was so professional and very caring, she made everything so easy and was so kind. Made me feel so much better. If you have to call you should ask to talk with her because she is the BEST in my book!!!!!

ARTURO PRECIADO JR
February 8th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA

Excellent service. I was taken care of from day one. Jennifer put me at ease and walked me step by step through the process. I look forward to start my process of being debt free

Brandon
February 7th, 2019 Dania Beach, FL

I'm amazed with how fast Rian was able to get me approved. Rain by far is best knowledgeable at what he does. The whole process was completely painless and the entire process legit took under a half hour. I truly recommend Pacific Debt as I now have peace of mind. Thank you once again!

Daniel Smith
February 6th, 2019 New Smyrna Beach, FL DETAILS

Scott was very thorough and very helpful. Definitely made my consolidation experience easy to this point.

Kay McManus
February 6th, 2019 Austin, TX

Friendly and explained different steps and took time.