1. Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved billions in debt since its founding in 2002.

The company has considerable industry experience and high client satisfaction ratings.

With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. Its minimum debt requirement is $7,500. Freedom Debt Relief accepts clients dealing with financial hardship that meet this threshold and clients that can make regular payments to an account to pay for settlements. Freedom Debt Relief employs professional debt experts to negotiate and settle debt for those suffering financial hardship.

The company offers a debt settlement program that involves negotiating with creditors to lower total debt owed and is available in 40 states.

On average, Freedom Debt Relief charges 22 percent of your total enrolled debt, which means the cost varies depending on your financial situation. To settle a $20,000 debt, it will cost around $4,000.

View Freedom Debt Relief reviews below.

The Good

• Excellent Settlement Program and Debt Relief Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews
  • Online Dashboard
  • No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

Excellent Settlement Program and Debt Relief Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages to its debt settlement services including:

• Low minimum of $7,500 in debt to begin debt settlement
  • Costs between 15 and 25 percent of the total unsecured debt
  • Free consultation with a Certified Debt Consultant

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation with a highly trained, IAPDA-certified debt consultant when a consumer decides to enlist the company's debt settlement services.

Experience and Accreditations

As an accredited debt relief company, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 17 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. It has settled over two million accounts since its founding and regularly settles over 50,000 accounts monthly.

Freedom Debt Relief has years of experience standing between the creditor and the client. Freedom will work to obtain settlements that resolve credit card debt (or any type of unsecured debt).

FDR will walk clients through the debt settlement process: first, customers will voluntarily choose to stop making monthly payments to lenders. Instead, clients will elect to make a monthly deposit into a separate special purpose account to save money to pay for the settlements once negotiated. Freedom Debt Relief will then work to negotiate a settlement on behalf of its clients.

Unfortunately, this settlement process will affect your credit score. If you miss any minimum payments on your credit card or other debt, this will decrease your credit score. It's smart to have a plan for boosting your credit score before you start the debt settlement process.

If you choose a debt settlement plan to resolve your debts, the debts you settle are marked as "settled" on your credit report.

While there are some risks to debt settlement, this process allows you to settle debts, avoid bankruptcy, and become debt-free.

Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Most Freedom Debt reviews on Best Company are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining debt management, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the debt settlement program.

Clients drowning in high amounts of unsecured debt (credit card debt, personal loans, medical debt, student loan debt) usually find that the company can save a large percentage of what they owe.

Despite the debt settlement program's tendency to negatively affect credit scores, clients with mountains of credit card debt find it extremely helpful for debt reduction. It's also important for people to know that forgiven debt is considered taxable income, so you may owe more in taxes when using debt settlement services.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts. It also offers education to help clients improve their financial knowledge.

Not many debt settlement companies in the industry offer such helpful tools.

No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

As opposed to a debt consolidation company which consolidates all of a customer's debt into one consolidation loan and one monthly payment, debtors approach Freedom Debt Relief as a last resort in order to escape high amounts of debt and avoid declaring bankruptcy.

Freedom Debt Relief doesn't charge any fees until after debt is settled with creditors. This practic is standard for the industry. Debt Relief companies, like National Debt Relief and Pacific Debt, also do not have upfront fees.

Upon enrollment, customers will open an FDIC-insured bank account that the client controls. Clients will put all of their money that would have gone toward paying their debt into this bank account instead. This is the main reason why this program hurts your credit score more than debt consolidation.

Next, FDR or its representatives or agents will negotiate with your creditors to settle on debt to pay.

Freedom Debt Relief makes money by charging fees on the enrolled debt amount. Its average fees are a bit high (around 22 percent fees on enrolled debt), but its services are thorough.

The company's ability to help clients find an easier road to financial freedom and paying off debt is highly valuable.

The Bad

• Freedom Debt Relief Cost
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints
  • Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Lawsuit

Freedom Debt Relief Cost

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. On average, Freedom Debt Relief charges $4,000 to settle $20,000 in debt (22 percent of total debt). If Freedom Debt Relief cuts your debt in half, you would end up paying $14,000 instead of $20,000.

Users are charged an average of 22 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more or less than this to use FDR. FDR’s prices range between 15 and 25 percent. The rates vary depending on the state the client lives in.

Current national debt relief trends indicate that debt settlement companies tend to charge a percentage of enrolled debt as opposed to saved debt. This means that the more total debt you have, the more debt settlement companies will charge you.

Although working with a debt settlement company still saves you from paying thousands of dollars to creditors, it's better to work with companies that charge a percentage of saved debt rather than enrolled debt.

So exactly how much will Freedom Debt Relief cost you? It will cost you around 22 percent of your total enrolled debt, but customers will have to have a consultation to get an accurate estimate. The fee is competitive for the industry. The fee is assessed when a successful settlement is reached.

However, Freedom Debt Relief’s services are high quality and make it easier to make your way to being debt-free.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt settlement programs in only 40 states. If Freedom Debt Relief does not offer services in your state, you'll have to consider other debt settlement companies.

Most debt settlement companies have a minimum debt requirement to ensure a payout. A debt settlement company that charges by saved debt will not run into this problem as much.

Freedom Debt Relief requires a minimum debt amount of $7,500 (the amount of which is charged fees between 15 and 25 percent). While this threshold is low compared to other debt settlement companies, it does rule out people struggling with lower debt amounts.

An additional limitation with Freedom Debt Relief is that the company only works with debtors with unsecured debt. Freedom Debt Relief is not an option for those struggling with secured debt.

Complaints

While most of the Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The two main complaints clients seem to have are the following:

• Debt settlement takes too long or isn't as effective as people hoped
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers up to 25 percent of their total enrolled debt

These complaints are fairly common within the debt settlement industry. It’s important for clients to be fully informed about what debt settlement is and how it works. Potential clients should use the free consultation to learn more about the time it takes to reach a settlement and specific price information.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Lawsuit

In 2019, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Freedom Debt Relief reached an agreement that FDR would:

• Make it clear that in some cases FDR may not be able to negotiate a debt if the creditor is unwilling to negotiate
  • Let consumers know that, in some cases, the creditor will only negotiate if the client is also directly involved in the negotiations, and that the consumer has the right to refuse to participate in the negotiations and can remove the debt from their program without penalty
  • Make it clearer to consumers under what circumstances they will be charged a fee
  • Stop charging fees on all accounts where the settlement amount was not reduced, or where the creditor wrote off the debt on their own
  • Make it clearer to consumers that, if they end their program early, any money left in their program savings account belongs to them, minus any funds earned by the company according to legal statues
  • Pay restitution money to injured consumers
  • Pay a civil penalty

It's a good idea for potential clients to do some research on the process, consumers' rights, and industry standards for settlement companies before setting up a free consultation with a debt settlement service. It's also recommended to read recent customer reviews to get a better sense of Freedom Debt Relief's commitment to clients and how good its settlement services are.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, ample debt settlement experience, thoughtful and experienced debt consultants, negotiation with each creditor, and more. The company's 15 to 25 percent fees are pretty standard in comparison to other debt settlement companies (like National Debt Relief).

While people interested in other debt resolution methods, like credit counseling, a debt management plan or debt consolidation loan, will need to consider other companies, Freedom Debt Relief is a good option for those seeking a debt settlement program.

FDR's debt negotiation experience is worth the money. Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews relate that the company has saved them thousands of dollars by negotiating with their creditors. If you're looking to settle your debt through debt negotiation, we highly recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a reasonable quote from them during your free consultation.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Freedom Debt Relief Frequently Asked Questions

What is Freedom Debt Relief?

Freedom Debt Relief is a debt settlement company. We offer a debt settlement program that helps you get out of debt faster and for less. With over 15 years of experience working to reduce our clients’ debt, we have resolved over $10 billion in debt since 2002.

How does the Freedom Debt Relief program work?

After signing up for Freedom Debt Relief, you make monthly deposits into an FDIC-insured bank account that you own and control. Once enough money has built up into this account, negotiations occur towards resolving each of your debts one by one. Once a settlement offer is obtained, we present the offer for you to sign off on. If you agree to the terms, the funds in your FDIC-insured account are used to pay the creditor. This is also when we collect our fee. Once the creditor has been paid according to the settlement agreement, the remainder of the debt is written off. We repeat this process with all of your debts until you no longer owe anything on your enrolled debts.

How does Freedom Debt Relief affect your credit?

Freedom Debt Relief could negatively impact your credit as your creditors are not being paid every month. As such, they will report your missed payments to the credit bureaus, which negatively impacts your score. If you are already behind on payments, however, your credit is already negatively affected, so you should take that into consideration.

How much does Freedom Debt Relief cost?

Our fee ranges from 15%-25% of the debt, depending on the state you live in, how much you owe, and other factors. Under no circumstances, however, will you pay us our fee in advance of a settlement on a debt.

What kind of debt does Freedom Debt Relief work with?

Debt from credit cards, medical bills, department store cards, and many other types of unsecured debt could qualify for Freedom Debt Relief. However, secured debt that involves collateral, including auto loans, mortgages, and federal student loans, do not qualify.

What happens if a creditor tries to sue me during settlement?

Since you’ve stopped making payments to your creditors, there’s a chance that they may sue you in an attempt to collect what you owe them. Freedom Debt Relief makes available to its clients an optional subscription to a legal network of lawyers, which could help in these instances where you get sued.

Is forgiven debt taxable?

According to the IRS, a forgiven debt is considered taxable income. At the end of the year, they will expect taxes to be paid on any settled debt. However, IRS Form 982, Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness, may exempt you from this tax. To learn how forgiven debt could affect your taxes, talk to a tax professional.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband passed away and left me with an awful lot of financial obligations. Over the couple of years that I've been with them they have really helped me. I just give them all the information that they need, make my monthly payments, and they take care of the rest. I can always get a hold of someone if I need them. Everyone I've contacted has answered my questions and solved my problems. I couldn't have handled it all without their help. It has worked out wonderfully, I can't speak enough good things about the company. I'm close to taking care of all the financial obligations that we had.

May 07, 2018

Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your debt relief program! We strive to provide excellence to all of our clients! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Ijaz Anjum

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I saw them on a TV ad and since it seemed helpful, I called them. The person that I talked to explained that the process would be long, some 4 years, but that there wouldn't be much interest and that I'd just have a monthly bill. That's why I started with them. It has been a couple of years but I feel better with it, it has been good and helped me a lot. They keep in touch with me through emails and texts. Sometimes I check on the dashboard to make sure everything is good, there I can see what I'm paying, what I've done so far, and what's in the process of being paid. It's really comforting to see that everything is ok and that my credit card is being taken care of. Right now I'm just waiting for my 1099C form that the bank should send both to me and the IRS. After that I don't have to worry about anything.

May 03, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Stephen Gieser

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to them to get out of debt faster. So far they have been pretty responsive and really knowledgeable about the product. They will send me texts and emails whenever an offer comes up so that I can approve it or not. They are really upfront about everything they do. We've had some bad experiences with other shady companies out there, but they have been reassuring. They are a legitimate good alternative to pay off debt. I'm satisfied with it.

May 07, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or with any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Amelia Rios

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was getting up in age and didn't want to leave behind debt for my loved ones to take care of. It was time to settle that and get it out. So far they have done what they told me they would do. I provide the money and they negotiate for my debts to be gone. I'm able to check on their site any progress they make. I can look at my account and see how much I have contributed monthly and even get a statement printed out. They have been pretty much on track to reduce my debt. Provided I have the funds needed, everything goes smoothly. Sometimes I feel that it's going to little too slow but maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it. I really do want to reach my goal and be debt free by march 2019 though. I'm dead set in going until the end of my contract and I'm hopeful that then I will be debt free.

Shirley Hostetler

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just had so much debt that I wanted to get rid of, so Freedom Debt Relief seemed like the best company to go with for that. It's easy to see that their top priority is to help you. They have been very helpful anytime I had any question and are always available for me. They're also very knowledgeable and know what they're doing. They keep me updated through texts and email. I think it was the best decision I've made.

May 07, 2018

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to receive your 5-star review and we look forward to helping you reach your goals of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Hope Grimsley

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience has been very positive; it has saved me a lot of money. Amber, my representative, has been just wonderful. She has answered my questions and has been able to qualm my fears. I got updates through emails and phone calls. They worked with me even after I was laid off from my job. I'm very happy.

May 07, 2018

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did a lot of research. In the end, we liked talking to the people at Freedom Debt Relief more than anyone else, so we went for it. I didn't want to do it but I didn't have a choice. Their people have made me feel better about going with it though. They've always answered all my questions and reassured me in many ways. Once I learned how to use some of the things they offered on the computer, it wasn't as hard to work with them. Now I can go online and check on my account whenever I want. They also notify me whenever they successfully negotiate something for me. One thing is that I've had to change reps a lot, I imagine they got promoted or something like that. If possible I'd like to have the same person all the time. Other than that, I'm pleased with it.

Carolyn Hagan

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was having some issues so I decided to go to them for help. Whenever I've had issues and had to contact them for anything, they've resolved things right away. I've found it easy to understand a lot of their fees and things like that. They sent me any updates to my email.

Gary

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Two years ago I was between a rock and a hard place. I had heard that they were an honest company and they young lady that I talked to was very nice, so I thought it would be the best thing for me to do. I had to wait a while before they could start negotiating. When they started settling debts 6 months in, I felt like it was the right thing to do. They have always answered any question I had. I was kept up to date through the dashboard that they have online, everything is there. At one point I noticed that there was some data that would just go up and down all the time, but they explained to me that that would normally fluctuate a bit, so I just let them take care of that. I don't really have to worry. They do everything they say they will do and, whenever they have a settlement, they call me or text message me to approve it. They're doing a good job so far. Years before I had had a similar problem where I just got a bunch of calls demanding payments, so this service is really worth it. I don't have to be nervous anymore. To be honest though, I don't know exactly how much they charge me for things. I know that once they settle a debt, they take some of that payment for their fees. They've been taking sips out of my checking account for that. I'm hoping that I only have a couple more years and that'd be it.

Gloria Almaguer

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They sounded like a good, established company that could help me with my situation and, so far, it has lived up to my expectations. The lady that I spoke to, one of their specialists, was very helpful at showing me what my payments and my savings would be like and how that would reduce my debt. Every time I ask a question they are prompt about answering it. When there is an update or anything changes, they send me an email to let me know about it. They have accomplished what they set out to do very promptly.

William Faso

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They came in at the right time and helped us. They usually communicate with my husband online. We've been very satisfied with it, the service is excellent.

E.L.

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm glad that I reached out to them. They have been very helpful whenever I needed their help and they answered all my questions.

Eva Dupuy

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had heard about it when I was in a pretty bad debt, so I called them. I talked to a guy named Anthony I think and he was so upbeat and nice that he sold it to me. I haven't regretted my choice. Every time I call they are very polite, helpful, and informative. For updates they contact me through phone and email. When I was working with their lawyers they would call me and email me too. I've had no problems with them. I've gotten up and out of debt thanks to them.

Lori Staley

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been super nice and pretty good. They kept us informed about the program and of anything that we needed to do. So far they have done everything they said they were going to do. I feel relieved about going with them.

Johnny Gomes

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were recommended by a friend. I'm pleased with my decision to go with them. I've found them to be very informative when it came to anything regarding the management of my account. They are easy to reach out to and resolve any questions rapidly. For updates, they email me and text message me. They're very efficient and have kept my costs relatively low compared to other companies.

Duane Earl Mckean

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have good service. They helped me get out of debt and through it all they kept me up to date with emails. I feel relieved now.

Delaura White

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was overwhelmed with the amount of payments I had to do. I was working two jobs but I still wasn't making any headway, so I went to Freedom Debt Relief for help. They've done a really good job. They have been very responsive and have answered every question I've had. Whenever something happens, they send me emails, text messages, and they even call me. They have negotiated most of my debt and have saved me about 50% of what I owed. I'm pleased with it and very glad I did it.

Dina Lynn Mashburn

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is very quick and friendly. They keep me up to date on the dashboard and also through phone calls and emails. They have been able to get my debt down quickly. It has taken a great burden off of my shoulders.

Dawn Cunningham

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time they pay a bill off they let me know and confirm if it's alright before going ahead with anything. I think they need to update their website more often though. I've had the same message there for the last month. I've even answered the question that is there but the message hasn't moved. I also think they should speak to all my debtors, not just the ones they're dealing with, because I keep getting calls from them. I feel pretty good about it though, it's better than filing for bankruptcy.

Kimberly Noland

May 1st, 2018 Mason City, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We went with them because we wanted a reliable company that we could afford. Our whole experience with them has been excellent. They are easy to work with, very accommodating and affordable. They explain things to you in a way that you can easily understand them.

May 1st, 2018 Fairfield, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It turned out that going with them was the best thing that I could've done. They really took care of me. I always knew what was going on because they would call me or email me with updates. That was just excellent. I really want to thank them for their help and consideration, I really appreciate it.

Kellee Newman

May 1st, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to them because I was struggling to pay my bills. I just couldn't save any money even though I was trying. The service is great. Whenever I had an issue, they would solve it for me. I would get progress updates from phone calls or emails. I'm 100% glad I did it. They are working hard to clear up my debt. My credit is going up and my bills are going down. I'll be free of it by 2020 and I'm so close to that now.

Justin Jones

May 1st, 2018 Winterville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were the best ones that we talked to. They worked with us, gave us all the information we needed, and were very professional. They really understand what's going on and, if they can't answer a question, they'll find someone who can. They update me mainly through text messages and emails. Sometimes they get things done quickly and sometimes they take a little longer to get it done, but they take care of everything and handle things in a professional way.

John Lundbohm

May 1st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their service is great. The people that work there are very customer friendly. They don't give you half answers or anything. I get emails and phone calls from them with updates too. I thought they could just help me with debt consolidation but they've also helped me getting court stuff taken care of. I have no complaints about it, I'm satisfied with it.

Joyce Vought

May 1st, 2018 Leonard, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went with them because they had the best rating in the Better Business Bureau. They always answer my questions and call me if there's any problem. I also constantly get emails from them with updates. They are trying their best to get me out of debt. They have relieved me a lot so far.

John Montgomery

May 1st, 2018 Belmont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're just very courteous. Every time I call them there is someone right there that knows my story and that can answer all my questions. I receive every time a creditor is taken care of. They will also let me know about any progress they make. There is also this excellent dashboard system that they have where you can go online and find out what's going on. I feel really comfortable knowing that things are being done. They're doing their job to the best of their abilities to get me out of debt.

Delores Walter

May 1st, 2018 Greeley, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We needed the help. We were really far into debt and my husband is sick with multiple sclerosis. A lot of money goes out on getting him medicine every month, so it's really hard to pay for the bills and his medicine at the same time. So far my experience with them has been great. They're very friendly and very helpful. They always answer my questions and do what they can to take care of anything that comes up. Every time I get a settlement they call me to see if I want to do it. I do think they could get their fees a little bit lower than what they are but it's still a very good company

Joanne Rosenbrook

May 1st, 2018 Munith, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At the time they looked like the best option for me. I haven't run into a situation where I needed support from them yet. So far I just signed up with them and make my payments. They take care of the negotiations and I can check on the progress online. I'm glad I signed up, I needed to do something about my situation. I just wished I had thought a bit further about my actions because their fees are quite high.

May 07, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We look forward to providing you with an excellent experience. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or should you have any questions or need assistance with your client dashboard. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

James Howard

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went with them because I was in debt. They have been really helpful so far and really do what they advertise they do. They keep me updated with emails, calls, and texts. They have really helped me out.

Jesusita Villeda

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Going with them wasn't really a choice. My son was diagnosed with cancer and I was just overwhelmed. I tried to go to a bank in my own city and they wouldn't help me. When I called them they just explained how everything was going to work and I signed up. They helped me a lot when I really needed it. Customer service is very respectful. They have good manners and explain things to you in a way that you can understand them. They're always willing to help you out. It's an awesome company, very reliable. If no one else wants to help you, I believe Freedom Debt will 100% have your back.

Jerry Rallo

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I looked into different companies and also at the option of filing for bankruptcy. Since my kids were going to college, I felt like paying my debt back was my best choice. In the end I went for Freedom Debt because I knew they would take care of things and it was a good choice. I had several credit card companies after me and they have been able to get them all to back off a little. They have settled a couple of them already and we're working on taking care of a couple other ones. They've been very responsive any time I've called. They keep me updated with emails and I also have an update system online that is very easy to use. Every so often I get a little annoyed with them because I still have to pay monthly, but they are saving me money. Maybe I should've filed for bankruptcy, but that has nothing to do with Freedom Debt. For anyone else that decides to use them, they should consider paying a couple extra dollars so they take care of your litigation.

Iain Walker

May 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up some 2 or 3 years ago. I don't really remember where I found them, I think I was just going through services online that could help me with all my credit card debt because it had all gone south for me. Freedom Debt was one of the companies that came up, so I just went from there. They were right behind me every step of the way. Anytime I had a question I could call them or email them and I would get an answer or solution right away. A big part of it all was the law firm that helped me out whenever a creditor tried to take action against me. The client dashboard was awesome too. I could go there to know what was going on right away. I also got emails with updates whenever something happened. With them I got everything resolved a lot faster than what I thought it was going to take me. They also settled things for a fraction of what I would've had to pay. I'm very happy about it, I would do it again.

Pedro Galindo

May 1st, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was having some financial problems at that time and they offered me the help that I was looking for. They're pretty efficient and friendly. They've been there when I needed them and always answer my questions to the best of their ability. They also always do what they say they're going to do. I'm updated on the progress of my account via email and also through the customer dashboard.

Amanda Evans

May 1st, 2018 Bel Air, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went with them to finally get out of debt. At first I was nervous, I didn't think I would be able to settle anything but they have been able to take care of my debt. They're really easy to work with, I don't have to do a lot on my side. For updates they usually email me and I can also check the online dashboard for that. I also get notifications whenever they settle something for me. I've made the best decision in my life, it was definitely the right thing to do. Hopefully I'll be done in 2 years or so.

Aug 07, 2020

Amazing feedback, Amanda! We are honored and thrilled you took the first step to resolve your debt. Our partnership helps to collaborate to resolve your finances. It's great to hear you have utilized the resources such as the Dashboard. Thank you for allowing Freedom Debt Relief the opportunity to serve your financial needs, and if you have any questions please call 800-655-6303.

May 1st, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been very happy with them since I signed up. Before I was trying to make these big payments on my credit card but couldn't always do it. I wanted to pay my debts and they have helped me do it. They've treated me well and with great respect. They call me or email me with updates. They've even made a settlement for me and I'm very happy with it. I was just very surprised when they took a $100 fee for the attorney, but they took care of things so it was kind of necessary. Still, it's probably the best decision I've ever made. I feel good about paying and taking care of my problem.

Marc Peterson

May 1st, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with them because it was a reliable and respectable company. They have always been really helpful with my needs. I get updates with emails and phone calls. They have really helped me save money and get out of debt. I feel great about it all.

Brian Stepherson

May 1st, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At the time I was retired and working a part time job. I was having problems getting the hours that I needed to pay back my debt, so I signed up for a program with Freedom Debt to reduce the debts I had. A long time ago, about 18 years ago, I had to declare bankruptcy, so I feel good about going with them instead of going through that again. The people there are always helpful and able to accomplish whatever I need. Everybody seems to know what they are doing and they are usually able to help me out. If I want to I can check online to see how much is being paid, which accounts are being resolved, and just keep track of everything. It's a program that I can afford. I had a substantial amount of creditors and debt and this has been a solution that has worked well for me. I can handle it all without having a full time job.

Terri Elmore

May 1st, 2018 Dayton, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a wonderful experience with it, I'm really satisfied. They have great customer service employees. Every time I have called, they have been very helpful. They email me or text message me right away when something happens. They are right on top everything. I think they are very pricey but I'm getting things paid off. I couldn't have done it in better way, they are awesome.

Melody Locklear

May 1st, 2018 Raeford, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a lot of things that I needed to take care of. When I called them they explained everything that I needed to know really well. I was told what was going to happen and how they would do things, so I took the step and signed up. I was kind of worried at first because I didn't know what was going to happen, but I'm really glad I did. It was one of the best choices that I've made. They worked hard to get me the best price they could for my bills. Everybody that I've talked to has been very supportive. They really care and it shows. They always help me in any kind of way they can and they're there for me pretty much all the time. If I need something, they'll do it for me. I'm always well informed of everything that is going on through text messages and emails. They explain everything to me and make sure I'm satisfied. I really appreciate everything they've done for me. It's just a very good company with very good people.

Mary Callahan

May 1st, 2018 Goose Creek, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did a lot of research and I found out that a lot of debt relief services were just fraudulent. From what I read in the Better Business Bureau, Freedom Debt seemed like a responsible corporation that responded well to their customer complaints, even the negative ones. Overall they just seemed like a good company, so I signed up. I'm glad I went with them. They really made the extra effort to make sure that I knew everything about the process, what would be expected of me, and even how to manage future situations. They have been very responsive to every question that I've ever had and they always return my phone calls or emails. That was the main way we communicated, mostly because I had told them that was my preferred method of communication. They were able to quickly help me resolve my financial issues. I feel like I got what I paid for. Considering what they negotiated for me it was worth every penny.

Mark Olsen

May 1st, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was reading reviews and they were one of the top companies for debt relief, so I went with them. I'm happy with them so far. They are really good. If you have questions, if your creditors are bothering you, or if you need anything from them, you can just call or send them an email and they will take care of things. Honestly, I was having issues with one of my creditors. After sending them to Freedom Debt Relief they stopped hassling me and I never heard from them again. They actually take the pressure off of the consumer and take ownership of the debt. They really work hard to get things resolved for you as soon as possible. I get weekly emails to update me on things and they also have this online site that you can go look at and check how they're actually doing with settling your debt. You can see which ones have been settled and when the pending ones will be paid off. I would trust them with my life. Everything is confidential and they handle things the way they need to be handled. It's going to take a couple of years to get it all resolved but I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Janice Brown

May 1st, 2018 Roanoke, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Between my daughter's lungs collapsing and my husband's medical problems I got behind on my bills. So, when someone told me this could work and help me, I called them as soon as I got home. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me. They're very friendly and courteous. Whenever I call to ask questions they check to make sure that they're talking to me and get me the right information. If they don't have the answer they put me on hold for a bit and get back to me as soon as possible. I love that. They really keep me up to date and let me know if I have to put more money into the account, if I need to approve anything, or if they negotiated something. I usually check the dashboard every day for updates, it's very helpful. I just love it, it's a wonderful company.

Gregory Brunk

May 1st, 2018 Romeo, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been good to me. So far they have taken care of what they are supposed to take care of. They let me know if something happens by email or through telephone calls. They really do what they promise they'll do.

L.B.

May 1st, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called several places and in the end I felt more confident and comfortable with what they had offered me. I love the service. One time, on a weekend, I got a letter and I had no idea what to do with it. So, I immediately called them and there was somebody there to help me, even though it was a weekend. I just faxed the information to them and they took care of the rest. Since then, every time I get correspondence that I don't understand, I can just fax it to Freedom Debt and they'll usually just take care of it. Whenever I get a notice telling me that I have an update I go ahead and check my account. I don't check my account that often, but I get those messages periodically so I keep up that way. Every month a modest amount is taken out of my check to take care of things. It's an amount that I can work into my budget and still live alright. This is better than me trying to divvy up my money between 6 accounts because this way the interests don't add up a lot more. Thanks to them I stopped receiving telephone calls from the people that I owed money to. They had told me they wouldn't ever stop but now I don't get any. That's a great relief. They have taken care of my debt and pretty soon that will be paid off. I'm very pleased with how they have handled my account.

May 1st, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're the best company. Everyone understands me very well and work with me. They let me know everything I need to know and every time I had a question they explained everything well. I feel great about going with them.

E.R.

May 1st, 2018 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Before signing up I looked at their paperwork and it all seemed like a solid idea. They have constantly reached out to me through phone calls or on the computer. It's very easy to pay the fee every month. They have helped us so far.

Ariadne Solano

May 1st, 2018 Wappingers Falls, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have done everything they could to get things done. I could look online for updates and I could also call them for that. They always answered the phone and were available for the customer. I feel like it was a good decision, they relieved some of my debt.

May 1st, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a lot of credit card debt and it was hard for me to pay it back because of other circumstances. That's why I went to Freedom Debt. At first it was kind of rough to know if I had made the right decision, but once I was in the program it was clear that I had. Customer support works with you every step of the way. They provide you with any explanation you might need and put in a lot of detail. They're very easy to work with and they have helped ease any concern that I've had. I was updated on the process through the dashboard.

May 1st, 2018 Freeport, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a lot of credit card debt and was looking for a relief company that would help me alleviate that. I found Freedom Debt Relief and since they had a good rating with the Better Business Bureau I decided to take a chance. Turns out, it works really well. Since I signed up with them 2 years ago, they have settled 6 or 7 of the 9 credit cards that I came in with. Their customer service representatives are very informative and encouraging. They always remind you of the progress you've made and keep you going until you're done. They have always addressed my concerns and they're very efficient too. I would get updates via email or they call me personally if there were any settlements. Overall it's a great company. This is probably one of the best financial decisions I've made. I feel like they were instrumental in helping me manage my credit and get it paid.

Barbara J Williams

May 1st, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At the time I had just retired and had a lot of things that I needed to pay off that I just couldn't do on my own. Since they were recommended by credit Karma and they seemed to work pretty well, I went for it. Every time I've had to contact them, they have been there right on the spot. They would resolve anything that needed to be resolved quickly. I was always notified of what was going on at every minute, usually through phone calls or email. They really worked with me to get me the lowest possible amount for me to payback without causing me any stress.