Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over billions in debt since its founding and has saved clients billions.

The company has considerable industry experience and high client satisfaction ratings.

With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. Its minimum debt requirement is $7,500. Freedom Debt Relief employs professional debt experts to negotiate and settle debt for those suffering financial hardship.

The company offers multiple debt settlement (involves working with creditors to lower total debt owed) and debt consolidation (involves consolidating all customer debt into single monthly payments) services and is available in 36 states.

On average, Freedom Debt Relief charges 20 percent of your total enrolled debt, which means the cost varies depending on your financial situation. To settle a $20,000 debt, it will cost around $4,000.

View Freedom Debt Relief reviews below.

The Good

• Excellent Settlement Program and Debt Relief Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews
  • Online Dashboard
  • No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

Excellent Settlement Program and Debt Relief Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages to its debt settlement services including:

• Minimum of $7,500 in debt to begin debt settlement
  • Costs between 15 and 25 percent of the total unsecured debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation with a highly trained debt consultant when a consumer decides to enlist the company's debt settlement services. The same debt settlement consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire debt settlement program while Freedom Debt Relief helps you resolve your debt. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

As an accredited debt relief company, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 15 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. It has settled over two million accounts since its founding and regularly settles over 50,000 accounts monthly.

Freedom Debt Relief has years of experience standing between the creditor and the client. Freedom will work to negotiate with every creditor the customer has, in order to secure lower credit card debt (or any type of unsecured debt).

FDR will walk clients through the debt settlement process: first, customers will stop making monthly payments to lenders. Instead, clients will make a monthly deposit into a separate savings account, saving a lump sum for debt negotiation (the minimum payment into this account is different for each company). Freedom will then contact each creditor on the customer's behalf to negotiate a settlement to make it easier to pay debts that you owe.

Unfortunately, this settlement process will affect your credit score. If you miss any minimum payments on your credit card or other debt, this will decrease your credit score. It's smart to have a plan for boosting your credit before you start the debt settlement process.

However, this process allows you to settle debts, avoid bankruptcy, and become debt-free.

Freedom Debt Relief also understands the importance of proving its ability to negotiate with creditors by maintaining accreditations.

According to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt settlement company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

These accreditations show that Freedom Debt Relief is dedicated to offering high quality debt relief services to its clients.

Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Most Freedom Debt reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining debt management, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the debt settlement program.

Clients with unsecured debt (credit card debt, personal loans, medical debt, student loan debt) usually find that the company can save a large percentage of money that would otherwise go to their creditors.

Despite the debt settlement program's tendency to negatively affect credit scores, clients with mountains of credit card debt find it extremely helpful for debt reduction. It's also important for people to know that forgiven debt is considered taxable income, so you may owe more in taxes when using debt settlement services.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts. Such resources let customers make informed decisions that will affect their credit scores.

Not many debt settlement companies in the industry offer such helpful tools. These tools help customers keep informed about where they are in the debt resolution process and stay ahead of their lenders and tackle every type of debt (whether it's credit card debt, student loan debt, utility bills, etc.).

No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

As opposed to a debt consolidation company which consolidates all of a customer's debt into one consolidation loan and one monthly payment, debtors approach Freedom Debt Relief as a last resort in order to escape high amounts of debt and avoid declaring bankruptcy.

Because clients come to FDR in order to escape high payments, the company doesn't charge any fees until after debt is settled with creditors. However, most debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief and Pacific Debt, do not have upfront fees.

First, customers will open an account through Freedom Debt Relief into which they will put all of their money that would have gone toward paying their debt (this is the main reason why this program hurts your credit score more than debt consolidation).

Next, FDR will use that account to work with your creditors to find a lower total debt to pay.

Debt settlement companies make money by charging fees on either enrolled debt or saved debt (fees charged to saved debt are more beneficial for customers). Though its services are highly trusted and thorough, its average fees are a bit higher (around 20 percent fees on enrolled debt).

However, FDR’s ability to help clients find an easier road to financial freedom and paying off debt is highly valuable.

The Bad

• Freedom Debt Relief Cost
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints
  • Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Lawsuit

Freedom Debt Relief Cost

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. On average, Freedom Debt Relief charges $4,000 to settle $20,000 in debt (20 percent of total debt). If Freedom Debt Relief cuts your debt in half, you would end up paying $14,000 instead of $20,000.

Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more or less than this to use FDR. FDR’s prices range between 15 and 25 percent. The rates vary depending on the state the client lives in.

Current national debt relief trends indicate that debt settlement companies tend to charge a percentage of enrolled debt as opposed to saved debt. This means that the more total debt you have, the more debt settlement companies will charge you.

Although working with a debt settlement company still saves you from paying thousands of dollars to creditors, it's better to work with companies that charge a percentage of saved debt rather than enrolled debt.

So exactly how much will Freedom Debt Relief cost you? It will cost you around 20 percent of your total enrolled debt, but customers will have to have a consultation to get an accurate estimate. The price is competitive for the industry and is assessed when a successful settlement is reached.

However, Freedom Debt Relief’s services are high quality and make it easier to make your way to being debt-free.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt settlement programs in only 36 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7,500 (the amount of which is charged fees between 15 and 25 percent). Most debt settlement companies will require a minimum amount of debt in order to ensure payout.

A debt settlement company that charges by saved debt will not run into this problem as much.

An additional limitation is that Freedom Debt Relief is that the company only works with debtors with unsecured debt. This limitation is understandable since no debt settlement company wants to risk losing its client's homes.

Complaints

While most of the Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have are the following:

• Debt settlement takes too long
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers up to 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

These complaints are fairly common within the debt settlement industry. It’s important for clients to be fully informed about what debt settlement is and how it works. Potential clients should use the free consultation to learn more about the time it takes to reach a settlement and specific price information.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Lawsuit

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau sued Freedom Debt Relief in 2019 for allegedly charging upfront fees, charging clients without settling their debts, misleading clients, and not making clients aware of their rights to money deposited in their settlement savings account.

These allegations are serious. However, clients who understand what debt settlement is and what is standard for the industry will know when they're working with a good debt consultant. It's a good idea for potential clients to do some research on the process, consumers' rights, and industry standards for settlement companies before setting up a free consultation with a debt settlement service. It's also recommended to read recent customer reviews to get a better sense of Freedom Debt Relief's commitment to clients and how good its settlement services are.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, ample debt settlement and debt consolidation (consolidated monthly payments) experience, thoughtful and experienced debt consultants, negotiation with each creditor, and more. The company's 15 to 25 percent fees are pretty standard in comparison to other debt settlement companies (like National Debt Relief). However, it does have the potential for higher fees.

FDR's debt negotiation experience is worth the money. Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews relate that the company has saved them thousands of dollars by negotiating with their creditors. If you're looking to settle your debt through debt negotiation, we highly recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a reasonable quote from them during your free consultation.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Kirk & Shari Ellis
April 16th, 2015 Amarillo, TX

Great customer service and response time, etc. Wish things could go a little faster, but I know it takes time!

Julie
April 15th, 2015 Cottonwood, AZ

Freedom Debt Relief has helped us so much. The calls stopped immediately and we are working on our first settlement.

Renee Presley
April 15th, 2015 Waco, TX

We were told a pack of lies. Freedom did not even begin trying to negotiate until all the accounts were sold to 3rd party collections. We told them that we do not deal with 3rd party collections and by law we do not have to. Now we will have to wait out the 4 year statute of limitations unless we can renegotiate with the original creditor. As a result our credit rating is in the toilet. Not only will we not recommend Freedom Financial, we are actively denouncing them on social media and to our friends and business acquaintances. Freedom is a rip off company.

Mercedes
April 13th, 2015 Joplin, MO

I started with them in August and have only had 1/7 settled. The only reason it was settled was because of collections. If it hadn't gone to collections Id still be waiting which I think is ridiculous! I just settled with one of my debtors and settled myself for 50%. When I called freedom to let them know I need to drop that account they told me to send a fax. Why do I have to justify my actions!? You guys are sitting around collecting your money while my accounts are going to collections and getting sued by these companies. There's so much mixed information from every representative you call. I do not recommend this company at all!!!

Mary Guerguis
April 13th, 2015 Saint Clair Shores, MI

Freedom Financial is doing for myself what I couldn't do! Get out of credit card debit. I am very please and satisfied with their services. I thank all of them- very very much! Mary Guerguis

larry anderson
April 10th, 2015 Mcleansville, NC

I am in more debt now sense I signed with Freedom they take your money first before the pay your debts I think they are money grabbers down with them

L. Smith
April 10th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

I have mixed feelings about the service. One of five debts has been resolved, but with the fees and potential for a 1099 later, the savings are not likely to be that great. Also, one of the accounts involved a creditor that will not deal with the service. That creditor sued me and refused to negotiate with me. The service was aware that the creditor had changed its policy of not dealing with the service, but did not contact me and let me know that until I informed them that I had been sued by the creditor. At that point I had zero negotiating power re the debt and was left having to agree to pay the full balance or face a judgment and garnishment. Moreover, at the time this was happening, I agreed to settle one of the accounts that would work with the service--that money should have been sent to the creditor that wouldn't work with the service, which would have enabled me to get a better deal. The service has assured me that the 3 remaining creditors deal with the service and will work out a reduction of the debt. I'm hopeful that is accurate and I won't get surprised by another process server on a Sunday night!

sue yarber
April 9th, 2015 Cypress, TX

FDR has been grew!! One settlement already, hopefully more soon!!

Judith Smotherman
April 9th, 2015 Marble Falls, TX

Everyone that I have talked with has been just fantastic! I am a disabled veteran and having such helpful folks has been an absolute joy! If you have debts that are out of control, THESE are the folks you want to help you!

Eileen McGuire
April 8th, 2015 Lehighton, PA

Excellent service everyone was kind and helpful, answered my questions and assisted me with paperwork. I am glad I chose your company

aaron vigil
April 6th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

The did what they said they would / we were going to file a chapter 13 bk with 50k of debt FREEDOM DEBT RELIEF recommended there debt reduction program instead, we listened and now our debts are gone and my wife just started up her own business life is great thanks to freedom

chad derouen
April 6th, 2015 LA

I'm pleased with the progression. I thought that we would be closer to settling with all creditors. Hopefully we can settle soon so my credit score can return to where it was. Other creditors are lowering my cc availability due to the non payment on the accounts that are under review.

maritza
April 3rd, 2015 Opa Locka, FL

my experience is good with freedom debit select because they are help me with my debit account

John
April 2nd, 2015 Southington, OH

has worked very well.

Veronica Maldonado
April 2nd, 2015 Houston, TX

Thank you FDR for all your help and guidance. God bless every single one of you that has worked with me one on one in trying to solve my debt. We're getting there little by little. Thanks again for helping me when no one else would and most of all for believing in me.

Rachel
April 2nd, 2015 Newbury Park, CA

I have been with the program since Aug 2014. Since then I have had one credit card settled. I was told it would take about 6 months, so I haven't been worried until now. AMX filed against me in court. I was alarmed at this and called FF and they said not to worried about it, so I didn't. Then I received an email from FF stating they were unable to negotiate with AMX and my time to legally respond to the court papers was almost up! I had about 3 days left. I was so confused and called FF again, and talked with several people all with different answers. I missed the 30 day deadline to respond because I was given misinformation to start with. I have also received a call from a representative from Citibank, also stating they don't deal with FF and I would need to work out my settlement directly with him. When I called FF, they said they do work with Citibank, but they also told me they work with AMX and now I have found out that they don't. So far I have mixed feelings and am very worried about my situation.

Salud Quiming
April 1st, 2015 Ladera Ranch, CA

Above everything, I want to thank God for leading in the right path towards becoming debt free soon in the near future; thank you Freedom Debt Relief for coming to my rescue. Your services are awesome and I won't hesitate to tell others about you. This has been one of the best answers to my prayers for all troubles I have been in. I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you all of you who are working very efficiently on my behalf. I trust you will continue to help me resolve my problem. I am tremendously relieved. May God bless you for your wonderful job which I would like to tell the WORLD loud and clear. I feel I am going to have a new life, a debt-free life!!!' With great appreciation & gratitude, Salud

Kathy Bettis
April 1st, 2015 Plano, TX

I am a little upset. I have done this since last June. I was told that it would all be settled within a year. So far, I have had only one really great settlement. Mark C. called me about getting a loan to pay it off, but I took my time doing what I needed to do. I guess he just dropped it. I wanted to make sure that if I had a settlement that it would be in the loan. Most of the time, I am just shuffled from one person to the next. The person that signed me up for the program told me that he would be with me all the way. I have never been able to talk to him since that first call. I am stuck in the program, because I committed myself to it. My credit is ruined, which it was excellent before I started. I knew that it would be, so I can only blame myself. My mistake... I will be forced to hold on to the end. I just hope that it comes sooner than later.

Elaine
March 30th, 2015 Cleveland, OH

Settling takes to much time. I would like to see this happen in a quicker fashion.

Lawrence Franz
March 30th, 2015 Silver Spring, MD

I have been very pleased with Freedom Debt Relief since I got into the program with them in the Fall. So far they have helped me settle with two accounts and have always been helpful when I had to call up and talk to a Service Rep. about a question that I had at the time. Their professionalism has been outstanding!

james norman
March 26th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

So far it's ok but not great I would have gave a 10 but lacking communication on your part , I was ked to right a letter for confirming I wanted an account added and was told just take a pic and email it and countess weeks or I think was a month went by i had been calling and calling and asked about the account being added said was still in review and finally got a curtious, call I asked about it and was said it didn't work it needed to be faxed and I never got no phone call or email in regards , i could have taken care of this matter long ago , still waiting to here back from you about the new account being added to the program

Lucien Langlais Jr
March 25th, 2015 Ludlow, MA

So far so good. I have only be in the program for a short time but it's been good. I have a way's to go yet but I'll get there. I just hate getting the letters from my credit card company's..

Edwin Douglas Deck
March 24th, 2015 Tampa, FL

It's been quite an experience with this debt consolidation process. I've never went through this before in my life. I always check out a company by using the BBB first. This company does have an "A" rating with the BBB which means this is a reputable company to use. It has been difficult trying to explain that one creditor changed from Discover to Master Card. It still shows Discover in the statement and "Home" page with the wrong credit card number. I do believe they have it correctly but just not changed in their on line system. Being disabled and on a low monthly income, it is very hard to save up the required amount they take each month. But, if this is the way it has to be - so be it. Thank you for your service in helping me get closer to being debt free. Just to note: one company that has been paid off just sent me a notice to reopen another credit card with their company. WOW, how they want those fees!

gary altieri
March 22nd, 2015 Gwynn Oak, MD

You guys are great with answering all questions in detail. Thank you.

Matt Turner
March 21st, 2015 Paradise, CA

Good so far have been in program since October 2014 and have had one debt settled. Just wish it would go faster and have more debts settled.

Linda Roe
March 20th, 2015 Baltimore, MD

It was a bit confusing in the beginning but I'm not as stressed out as before. A lot of the calls have cease.

Keith L hall
March 19th, 2015 Irwin, PA

once we got on the same page together I feel we our get things done

thomas
March 18th, 2015 Port Jefferson Station, NY

everything is good ,But I would like to here more updates on what's going on thanks

Tally Jones
March 16th, 2015 Charlotte, NC

So far my experience has been very good with the Freedom Debt Relief program. Two of my debts have been resolved by 50% within 5-6 months and I cant wait to see the rest of my debt paid off. I will definitely recommend this program to others once I see all my debt paid off. The only downfall is the collectors of the debt call everyday wanting a payment or offering you a discount of some sort. This is the only disadvantage but its not the program's fault.

Alex Camarillo
March 15th, 2015 Canyon Country, CA

I was beginning to feel the panic of falling deeper in debt, and as a public school teacher I thought I was used to living with debt. Yet, with the high interest comes the inability to ever catch up... Freedom Debt Relief is proving that there is help for us out there, and with their support the cycle of debt can be broken.

Alice Brown
March 13th, 2015 Bronx, NY

Since this is the only type of organization I've ever dealt with, I can say FDR is giving me very good service.

ed
March 12th, 2015 Costa Mesa, CA

Good work

LeeFreedom Debt Relieffaff
March 11th, 2015 Queen Creek, AZ

Freedom Debt Relief has gone way beyond my expectations. Professional, great website for keeping track of where I am, ALWAYS available for questions. Best think I have ever done...not to mention eliminating the massive stress when you live takes a nose dive. Thank You FREEDOM

Freedom Debt Relief Logo

Reply from Freedom Debt Relief

Jan 03, 2019

Hello Lee, We thank you very much for sharing your response. We do our best to give you outstanding results while becoming debt free and we are very pleased to have you apart of our debt resolution program. Success is coming your way soon! Please reach out to our Client Services department at 1 (800) 655-6303 or you can log into your Client Dashboard at www.fdrclient.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Cherlyn
March 10th, 2015 Fresno, CA

Worst most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with! They prey on people in financial trouble promising deep write offs. Doesn't happen. Some were less than the 21% fees they charge. Top it off, they have you change your address to theirs and now all my 1099s were mailed there and they have yet to forward them to me. It is March 10, 2015. I called and they say they never received them. Interesting that 5 creditors verify Freedom's address as where they were sent and they haven't received them? Not a coincidence. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Call your creditors and negotiate your own settlements. That is what I ended up doing when I had multiple legal suits filed against me due to Freedom not contacting certain creditors as promised.

Nancy Evans
March 6th, 2015 Chardon, OH

I am very pleased with the reponse that I have received with getting my debt taken care of. I never realized how bad off I was until I connected with Freedom Debt Relief.I am so thankful for all the help I have received.

Susan
March 5th, 2015 Orchard Park, NY

Very pleased with the 2 settlements so far. Whenever I have called they have been very helpful. Would recommend their services.

david howard
March 4th, 2015 Cypress, TX

everything is great

larry
February 26th, 2015 Falkville, AL

Thank you for all you have done and are doing. You saved me 65% on one account.

Andrew Beumer
February 25th, 2015 Cincinnati, OH

So far so good. I am paying down my debt in a way that fits well with my financial situation. I hope to be debt free within three years.

Denise Marshall
February 23rd, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

Good experience for far

Gina Llamas
February 19th, 2015 Amarillo, TX

I love Freedom Financial! Me and my hubby are less stress and are very happy we made this decision and I wish I would've called sooner and love Janet Song she was Super Friendly and We just loved her attitude and ability to help us.

gary steward
February 18th, 2015 Tucson, AZ

Freedoms Debt relief is a life saver, they have resolved several of my debt and is continually working hard to resolved the rest. Thanks freedom debt staff for helping me with my debt issues!!!!

Alicia Brown
February 17th, 2015 Sahuarita, AZ

This has been the best decision I made for myself. I couldn't have done without the help and support of this company! My questions are always answered and everyone is so easy to work with and make things so easy on me. My life is turning around for the better all thanks to you! Thank you so much for everything.

Armando R. Gonzales
February 15th, 2015 San Antonio, TX

So far I am satisfied with the progress that has been made through Freedom Debt Relief and I hope we can continue to eliminate the rest of these debts as quickly as possible.

Deborah karpuszka
February 12th, 2015 Coraopolis, PA

Good service, professional, helpful

Rolland F. Weber
February 11th, 2015 Beverly Hills, FL

Things are moving along quickly, and everyone associated with your company has been great. I'm very happy.

Lisa
February 10th, 2015 Youngstown, OH

Have only been w FDR for a month and so far my bank account has been compromised three times. Two of my creditors keep taking money out of my account and then I'm charged a NSF fee!!!! Right now my bank account is in the negative again. FDR has not contacted any of my creditors yet and when I called today I was told to call the bank myself to resolve the issue. Of course FDR got their money am I ever going to see results??? I'm reading all of these BAD reviews and quite frankly I'm very scared!!!! Court!!! Harassing phone calls from creditors and most of all the lack of communication I'm hearing about. I thought I would be feeling better about paying my debts off, but now I'm worried for my future. Praying this company does not completely screw me over.

Roxanne Butler
February 7th, 2015 TX

Everyone I have talked to are very professional. I'd I email them I get an answer within a couple of hours.They make sure they keep you up dated able every little thing that changes and they are keeping an eye open for anything else that might help me better myself. I believe in you and the company that I've given contact information to 3 other people that need help.

Roger
February 6th, 2015 Greensboro, NC

The Debt Relief Program is awesome and I see myself coming out of debts !

Kathryn Bullington
February 5th, 2015 Florence, AL

Federal Debt Relief have done a great job representing me and helping me relive my debts promptly!