The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

In addition to working with the three major credit bureaus to remove negative items and clean up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options — a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will dispute negative items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The repair company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates and a free service trial.

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain the following after using their credit repair services:

• 30 percent average increase in credit scores
  • 71 percent auto loan approval
  • 64 percent home loan approval
  • 74 percent new credit approval
  • 67 percent approval for refinancing

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some poor credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others.

Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly/six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different membership options that clients can choose from — the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

Potential clients should also note that The Credit People's services are certified under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and that the company has over 15 years of experience within the credit repair industry.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a legitimate credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some clients, however, have claimed that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others.

Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Jose

June 2nd, 2015 Bell, CA

Well it's great company I appreciate thank u Sincerely, Jose

Dan

May 22nd, 2015 Dallas, TX

I was with another company, here's the difference...the little things you really can't appreciate until you go through a bad service. haha Compared to my last experience, they get a 10 from me.

Jackie Clear

May 21st, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

Great service...REALLY helped me with my credit. I think they're the best out there.

James P

May 21st, 2015 Matawan, NJ

I only had a couple things on my credit I've been working on myself. When I signed up I explained everything and told them I would give them 60 days to see something. They were up front, and did their best and in the end only charged me for the work from the first month. It wasn't what I wanted, but I thought I would share that they were a standup company.

CW

May 21st, 2015 San Jose, CA

Positive experience. I have referred several people from my church who have also had good (mixed but still good) experiences. I am happy to write them a testimonial. After referring a couple people I think it's important to not expect any miracles the first month. Anyone looking for a quick fix is not going to find it. They will have a great experience with The Credit People if they are serious about getting their credit repaired.

Matthew

May 5th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

I looked at a lot of companies, and you can pretty much go crazy trying to find the differences. I just liked The Credit People for a lot of reasons, and I'm glad I went with them...they've done an awesome job.

Matty

April 17th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

Great service thanks

Heather Brown

April 13th, 2015 Piscataway, NJ

This was my first try at credit repair. It worked very well for my Experian and for my Equifax scores and reports, I'm wanting to clean up one or two more of my TransUnion issues that weren't addressed yet. They've done a great job so far. We're buying a house in July and are going to start looking at lenders in May, and I knew it would be worth it regardless to pay for a couple of months and see what can happen. My score was raised by over 100 points the first time! I know it won't be as drastic this time, but it is well worth every penny that it costs. ~Heather

Vanessa

April 9th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

They've been really awesome. I've had to move my payment back a couple of times and it was no problem and I needed them to write a letter for me, which they didn't charge me for. Definitely check them out.

Kat

April 8th, 2015 Seattle, WA

I've been with them for a little while and very happy so far. I haven't checked up on my credit report like I should have over the years and there was a hot mess on there. I started calling places, was on hold, wrote a few letters, called again, was on hold. It was too much and I was done at that point. I read about the credit people and signed up. Everything has been in their hands and they've been working on my credit ever since. I've wrote them a testimonial after recommending my friend so here it is! ...I think they've been awesome.

NGuyen

April 3rd, 2015 Matawan, NJ

THEY DID GREAT THANK YOU!

Jim Perry

April 2nd, 2015 Tempe, AZ

Been with them 4 months now, and they've done a good job. My only wish is that it was cheaper than the 59 per month...but it's worth it. they're probably the fairest priced company out there too

Cathy Redding

March 26th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

My husband and I used the credit people years ago, and I just needed to sign up again. they're service is really great. this is my second time using them (I know how bad that sounds) but Im glad they're able to help me!

Camilla

March 25th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

This has been a great experience. They are still working on my credit, but I have seen good progress. A little slow from the start, but that's expected while they gather what they need. I have been kept updated via email and through my online account, and they only had to call me once. It's been a pretty easy process. I'm really happy with them.

Tony

March 24th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

good company ..glad to give them a good review, they did a great job. its my 3rd attempt at credit repair.. I guess third times a charm witht eh right company

Kelly Marie

March 23rd, 2015 Matawan, NJ

THEY'RE GREAT!!! They gave me a letter of recommendation to my job too! really liked them!!! :) THANK YOU!!!

r wells

March 10th, 2015 Tallahassee, FL

totally disappointed,they did good for about 2months,then totally forgot me.no one answers the phone there.most of my credit that was removed fell off because 7 years was up.automatically these items came of.what a waste of 600.00 dollars.there is no such thing as credit repair but time.i did a lot of disputes myself.

Reilly

March 10th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

3 months in and going strong! It was a great choice...I tried this on my own and it was soooo time consuming. Well worth the money and I think they're doing a great job.

Courtney

March 5th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

AWESOME! THEY WERE SO HELPFUL!!!

C.K.

February 25th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

They're great! I used another company before and wasted my money so I went into this not expecting much, but they exceeded my expectations! I've sent them a few people too!

Jennifer

February 18th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

Great service. After you get started it's smooth sailing. I had a little hiccup in my service just because I missed their beginning emails. I would say just make sure you add them to your safe sender or contacts list...that's what they did with me and I had no problem then! Great service though.

Kelly W

February 11th, 2015 Tempe, AZ

I originally emailed The Credit People with my testimonial but they asked me to share my experience here. So here it is... I started with The Credit People to get approved for a loan. My credit was not where it needed to be. My scores were too low. Everyone was friendly it was easy and it's been a GREAT experience. My scores are up 78 points and climbing. I've already been approved for my loan but I still have them working on my credit because I realize how important it is now to have good credit when you need it. I've recommended them to a lot of people and think they're awesome!

Susan Jennifer

February 10th, 2015 Owosso, MI

I have used the Credit People to get my credit score down so I can purchase a log cabin in Colorado. In just a few months my score went down and I am moving forward in my plans. The people I have talked to on the phone are very pleasant and helpful. I can see my results right away. I would recommend this company to anyone. Give it a try and dream big.

William

February 6th, 2015 Columbia, MO

The Credit People are a bunch of lairs. I was with them for over a year and they worked on less than half of the problems on my credit report. They did not look into all of the items on my report they kept them on hold for over a year. The Credit People are a waste of money and I plan on pursing a 50% refund.

Drew

January 22nd, 2015 IL

They never dissapoint. I used them a few years back with huge success and moved into my home because of it. I've sent friends and family their way since and they all have thanked me for the recommendation and been happy. I fell into some hard times last year so I'm contacting them again. I know they will help.

jay

December 27th, 2014 Las Vegas, NV

Just started using this company about three months ago. So far I am very impressed with my results.

Hanna F

December 4th, 2014 Woodridge, IL

Just started 3 months ago and seeing great results so far! Thanks for recommending them!

Richard A. Layton

November 15th, 2014

My experience with the Credit People was fantastic. Their expertise and professionalism was top notch. They are so knowledgeable, therefore they solved my credit problem. I was in huge pressure, and they relieved me from it. Such a worthy service, which I will definitely recommend.

Mike Mitchell

November 14th, 2014

I am pleased with the services from The Credit People primarily for 2 reasons. First, I pay for a service and they do the work. Other places I have tried in past had me pay and me do the work....just plain thievery. The last, but certainly not least, you see results. I highly recommend.

K

September 19th, 2014 Tulsa, OK

Only 2 months with this company and I am amazed at what they've done so far!! Very glad I chose them- My future is looking up! I would recommend them to anyone who needs help with their credit

Ashraf Hafez

September 9th, 2014 Corpus Christi, TX

I am halfway through the process. I am very satisfied with what these guys are doing and money was well spent. I recommended them.

Ray

September 3rd, 2014 Ambler, PA

Been with them 7 months I had 26 negative they removed 17 so far not disputed but removed great company

Sam Burton

August 29th, 2014 Ontario, CA

I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. Reasonable prices and they get the job done. I started with them 5 months ago and I can say it was definitely worth it.

SHANE

August 14th, 2014 Houston, TX

Great company...first round of disputes and 4 things taken off my report. So far so Good!!

Bradley

June 30th, 2014

All I can say is they know their stuff and spent time talking with me. I strongly recommend them. They made me feel comfortable and confident! thank you so much.

Jess

June 8th, 2014

I tried them and have been really happy. They've done a good job all around and been on top of everything. I picked them because there's a lot they do that other companies don't....Its been easy.

amanda

May 30th, 2014 Westmont, IL

Biggest waste of money!

Lashunm

May 20th, 2014 Grand Prairie, TX

I have been with the company for about 2 months. They were able to clear 3 negative items . I had dealt with other companies that wanted to charge over $1000 and I had to buy my own credit report ! None has ever offered to give me free credit scores nor give me access to look at the progress being made.I have research several companies, and the credit people was by far the cheapest. I did not give a 10 because I have done some credit restoration myself and the item they got off was not that difficult. I am waiting to see what they can do with the item I have had trouble with myself removing from my credit.

Apsed1957

May 16th, 2014

I needed a boost in my credit score to qualify for a car loan. Credit People were very quick to respond, and they had ideas I had never known about previously. I quickly made a move, helped my score, and will spare a lot of money on this car loan. Thank you Credit People for everything. Highly recommend!

Jeremy

May 16th, 2014 Downers Grove, IL

I put them to the test since I had pretty much zero credit history and what little i did have was bad. After I started I spoke with a really sharp person with the credit people who explained everything about credit to me (a 45min call). I started about 5 months ago and my credit is 10x better than it was then. They did a great job all around.

John Brent

April 25th, 2014 Westerville, OH

These guys are awesome. My credit score was not going perfectly, but after I started working with this company, my problems were solved. I'm really happy to write this review for The Credit People - because they deserve full 10 Stars! They helped me with my credit rating and I appreciate that. I recommended them to my friends and co-workers & The Credit People also saved them from lower credit rating. Simply they are superb!

Greg

April 5th, 2014 Marietta, GA

My credit, due mostly to my own stupidity I have to admit, was a mess. I'd heard from various people that 'credit repair' companies were scams so I just dealt with it. Recently my brother told me about the Credit People and that they had done him right, so I figured I would give them a shot. Glad I did. they have actually helped increase my credit score by 120 points! They're responsive, nice to deal with and didn't charge me a lot of money either. So yeah, they deserve your business because they do what they say. I would recommend them to anybody.

Tanya

March 27th, 2014 Arlington Heights, IL

They helped me qualify for my new home! My credit wasn't the greatest and the Credit People helped improve my scores tremendously! They provided excellent customer service and were really easy to work with. They worked really fast too, I saw results way faster than a previous company I had tried. I would definitely recommend them to anyone I know!

Rob

March 18th, 2014

The Credit People really helped me out of a jam recently. They took a look at my finances and helped me sort out a way to get my credit back into shape. I really appreciate their help and the work that they do. Highly recommended.

Kat Janiak

March 4th, 2014 Chicago, IL

Great company. Happy to recommend them. They've always been helpful and the customer service has been awesome and they did a great job fixing my credit. -Kat

Tonya

February 8th, 2014 Lexington, NC

I had previously given Credit People a not so good rating after a few months from starting with them but now I will have to update that status rating. They have been working diligently on my case and I am appreciative. At the moment I am still not quite where I need to be but hopefully within the next month I will be. We need to move in June and I would hope that I would be able to qualify for a home and a nice car at a low financing rate.

Ryan Jordan

December 31st, 2013 Waterville, ME

The credit people are a real life saver. I've had kinda crappy credit for a while, but after I contacted them they found some very convenient ways for me to improve my score. I'm finally at a place where I can reasonably make big purchases!

Larry Purley

November 25th, 2013 Saint Louis, MO

They only removed a small amount of negative marks, but I give them a 10+ because they kept there word. I contacted them after 90 days and they sent a full refund no questions asked. I must say a companies word being honored in my book is excellent. I would say, what's to lose if they clean your credit up great, that's what you paid for in the service, and if not a full refund. That sounds like a win win in my book.

Mona

October 31st, 2013 Atlanta, GA

After searching many companies I chose Credit People. they had a Good offering service. I have been very satisfied with their job and the following results. My score has already gone up and I am more than happy to write my review for them. Great customer care, easy process. I would definitely recommend them.

Jessica R.

October 29th, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about The Credit People at all... Everyone I have spoke to has been so helpful and nice. I'm able to see things changing already when I log in to my account. I haven't called much though, because I haven't needed to. I signed up with them because I am way too busy to deal with this on my own. Couldn't be happier so far and i'm only 3 months into my service.