The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

In addition to working with the three major credit bureaus to remove negative items and clean up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options — a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will dispute negative items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The repair company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates and a free service trial.

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain the following after using their credit repair services:

• 30 percent average increase in credit scores
  • 71 percent auto loan approval
  • 64 percent home loan approval
  • 74 percent new credit approval
  • 67 percent approval for refinancing

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some poor credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others.

Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly/six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different membership options that clients can choose from — the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

Potential clients should also note that The Credit People's services are certified under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and that the company has over 15 years of experience within the credit repair industry.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a legitimate credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some clients, however, have claimed that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others.

Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Shanice Hood

January 2nd, 2017

I have tried to call over 7 times to cancel my credit. The first time I was hung up on. The other times I waited over 40 minutes wait time for each call before hanging up and calling back. All I want to do is simply cancel. I also called directly when they open and still have not talked to anyone

Musa Aden

December 20th, 2016

My name is Musa I can't thank enough for what the credit people done for me. it took long to get where I am at now but my numbers are looking good like a gold. it took me two years to get close to 800 score. a lot of people saying we not happy but did you do your part? every time you get mail from any credit company your job is to email or fax back to the credit people you got to be on top of this system that's the only way you can get where you want to go. I am now buying a house but two years ago forget about buying a house I couldn't even get a credit card. again thank you

Noemi B

August 9th, 2016 Chicago, IL

Just got off the phone with you, and as I said, i'm really thankful for what you've done so far! I'm going to wait a little longer to go car shopping as you suggested, but I can't wait to go in there and NOT be ashamed of my credit for the first time! Thank you again!

JB

July 11th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

Great service...I cancelled recently and it's only because my credit is in great shape and things went awesome. I don't need the service anymore but they did a really great job. Thanks!

Katie Katz

July 6th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

The credit people were referred to me by someone who used them before. I do not know what other services are like but they have been very professional and have made steady progress with my credit. I have an account where I can see the improvements and they do a great job keeping me informed. its a good service.

Rosanne

July 5th, 2016 Plano, TX

I had a very good experience with the credit people. They have such a friendly staff and my credit was a handful to say the least. I did a lot of research before I chose them and they did exactly what they said they would. I received my scores and got access to my account, then they were off and running. I just checked in but it was very easy. I have told several people about their service and am got really great results. Thank you.

JARED BUSBY

June 14th, 2016 Houston, TX

I am currently the victim of identity theft,and being in a position to find a place of my own my credit score could play an important role as-too whether or not I can celebrate my recovery in a place of my own! 18-months TOMORROW! PRAISE the LORD OH MY SOUL!

Patti Buckels

June 8th, 2016

Patti I have been with "The Credit People" since last July almost a year. I have only had one item removed from all 3 credit bureau's and that item was easy. I had been late once with this credit card and they were able to get that off. My other items I have several more I have 2 settlements but have paid off and they can't get those taken off. They have not helped me to my satisfaction.

erica

May 24th, 2016 Plano, TX

they were so much better than the last company I was with. they were professional and easy to get ahold of when I needed something. they helped me get clearance for my new job which required a credit check. they helped improve my credit and get it to a great shape. I tried another company before them and they just wasted my time. the credit people did actually help me and I would say if you're interested you should sign up and try the credit people.

Tim Glasgow

May 17th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

GREAT SERVICE! I tried credit repair before with another company and it did not go well. I have now used the credit people and they have been outstanding. The service takes the same time as any other service I would think but I always was kept informed and they were really helpful. I started with a lot of bad credit from a divorce (I pretty much let everything go) and they get things back on track. I have started rebuilding my credit now and this was a huge part (my credit) that I was not wanting to deal with. It was really easy and Im telling you to give them a try if you need help with your credit.

Marina F.

May 12th, 2016 Chicago, IL

Huge THANK YOU to The Credit People for exceeding my expectations! I just showed my mom where to sign up online so look for her too!

janell

April 15th, 2016 Columbus, OH

They raised my score 43 points in five months!! They really do help get you results!

Sami48

April 7th, 2016 Chicago, IL

I found this company on this site, and told myself if they did a good job I'd come back and say so. Well, I'm coming back to say so! So happy I went with them, and that I can start fresh with my credit. Highly recommended!

Jeff

February 29th, 2016 Aurora, IL

The credit people are awesome! The most affordable company and amazing results. Only 4 months in and my credit has drastically improved. I was just approved for a car loan I couldn't get before the Credit people helped me out!

Hely Rodriguez

February 26th, 2016 Homestead, FL

I'm very pleased with the service, my credit was in bad shape. I'm about to close on a house. The service is excellent and fast.

Dee Marsh

February 26th, 2016 Mount Dora, FL

I signed up with The Credit People and was so thrilled to speak to very pleasant and understanding people. They were there for me to answer all my questions and help me every step of the way. They raised my credit score as well.

Mark S

February 18th, 2016 Plano, TX

I want to thank the credit people for what an awesome job they are doing. I have been very impressed and the fees are very reasonable for the results they are getting for me. I have passed on their info to several realtors and lenders in my local area. They have heard me sing praises about the results and have asked for information to pass on to their clients. Thank you!

Jen Gridier

January 30th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

I could easily give them a 10, but I wasn't receiving their email responses initially which was important at the time. Regardless, they were great. thanks.

Tommy

January 29th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

Signed up about 5 months ago and my score is up over 90 points. I just needed to get to 680 but Im going to stay on for 2 more months to see if I can get just a bit more improved. Its been a really good experience, they've been always helpful.

Tony Deacs

January 27th, 2016 New York, NY

I've been with them for a few months now, they have already helped and taken some stuff off my credit.. my score's going up..we'll see!

Marilyn

January 26th, 2016 Aurora, IL

I started a few months ago and they have already gotten stuff removed from my reports. I am very happy with the service so far and would recommend it.

Rami

January 26th, 2016 New York, NY

They did such a great job for me. My credit is so much better and I'm ready to move forward with my home shopping this spring...very excited!

Jen

January 6th, 2016 Seattle, WA

Happy with the service, they did good. My credit is better, I still have some work to do but Im much better off! Thanks!

Gilly

January 5th, 2016 Miami, FL

My reports transformation has been awesome! Can't say thank you enough..Excellent company!!

Andrew Northup

December 18th, 2015 Miami, FL

I actually had a somewhat lack luster initial experience, but they really impressed me with their response. I was with them for six months and things went good for the first 3 months, but the second three months came and went with hardly any results. I cancelled the service and was not happy. I received a follow up email and they asked about my experience, I told them I was not happy, and about my service. They asked if someone could call me and discuss it, and within 24hrs someone (Anne?) called me. I explained what happened to her and she apologized and wanted to make sure I received what I paid for. She arranged for 3 months of free service with no payment or obligations after. They just wanted to make sure I received the results that I felt lacked over the last three months of my service. I didn't ask them to do this, I didn't ask for a call, they just cared about my experience (very cool). Top-notch gesture by them, and I just wanted to share this!

Troy

December 14th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

This was AWESOME. My friend recommended me and he used them before. They helped me get my score up 114 points! GREAT JOB!

Halley S

December 10th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

I was with the credit people for 5 months and had a great experience. the service was professional and they did a really great job, they were awesome.

Kim Hawk

December 8th, 2015 Rock Hill, SC

I have to admit I was skeptical when I first signed up for this, thinking it was going to be just like Lexington Law who simply takes your money and not much else. After the very first round of disputes, negative items started being removed and the good news continued from there. I have been very pleased with their service. The only problem I encountered was that they seem to start off full boar at the beginning, but then seem to need some nudging after the first month or so to stay on track. They do however get right back on track and seem to really know what they are doing. I would recommend them to everyone needing this type of service.

Jason E

December 2nd, 2015 Chicago, IL

My wife and I signed up a couple months ago because we want to buy a house in the spring. Its already looking like we'll be doing just that! I'm excited

Tim Core

November 23rd, 2015 Raleigh, NC

I've only been with this company for 2 months or so and I've already had 8 items taken off all 3 of my credit reports. I wish I would've tried them a long time ago, lol. I'm on my way to credit I deserve and need.

Jen

November 9th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

My credit is so much better and they were great!

Mila

November 6th, 2015 Atlanta, GA

Good company I liked them and got my score to acceptable range

Reilley

November 4th, 2015 Elk Grove Village, IL

I researched a lot of different companies before I chose the credit people. The final decision was based on reputation and some unique things about them...and good old fashioned "feeling". haha Well, Im here to just say that I'm very happy with them and I think they have done a great job. I was with them for 5 months and my credit is night and day from where it was. I wish I would have started this a few months earlier that's all!

Linda

October 21st, 2015 Orlando, FL

Great Customer Service!! I have been using their services since September 2015 and I have seen some improvement. Thank You!!

Kenny

September 28th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

I have been very impressed with the credit people so far. Everyone I have had interaction with has been professional and kind.

Char

September 27th, 2015 Chicago, IL

I heard someone in front of me at the bank talking about them, so I looked them up and decided to give them a try too. I'm really happy I did, they are doing some major fixes on my credit already! I've needed this for a long time!

Donnie

August 25th, 2015 Chicago, IL

I heard about them from a co-worker who went through their service, they made a big impact for him so I thought i'd give it a try. Only 2 1/2 months in and i'm already impressed with what they've done. It's already been well worth it

Chase Kapazinsky

August 17th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

I was referred by my mortgage agent because I didn't have good enough credit for my loan. I was with the credit people for about a few months and my credit is already much better. I was going to wait but I've already gotten the process started with the mortgage company again. they did a really great job!

Bob

August 11th, 2015 Dearborn, MI

average at best

Zoe J

July 13th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

I've been a customer for several months now and it's been a great service.

Carlton Moore

July 12th, 2015 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Excellent service!

Kenneth

July 10th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

I'm so happy with the service. I can't thank the credit people enough. I got my credit in shape now and I hope to get my house this year now. I will give you all another testimonial after I get my house too!

Connor

July 10th, 2015 Miami, FL

I liked the service and I was happy with the outcome.

KD

July 10th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

They have been so patient with me, they went through everything in such detail and taking the time to explain everything with me. It really made me feel so much better. It has been a great service so far.

Monique

July 10th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

I'm real happy with the everything. Got a new car thanks to them. I got great advice too and it worked. they were on top of everything, its been a big weight off...Ive been telling everyone. Thanks

Ashley

July 6th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

Great experience and they did a GREAT job fixing my credit! My score is up 93 points and they were very helpful along the way. I knew that this was going to take time because my friend was with them before. If you're expecting to have perfect credit in a day it ain't happening. They explained that. This process takes some time, they told me to hold tight for a couple of months and see where we're at then. I did and it was steady progress. Im just passing this on because I should have just done this a while ago but didn't really want to deal with it. My friend and I both have had a very good experience. thanks.

Courtney

June 19th, 2015 Plano, TX

This was my first time trying a credit repair service and although I don't have a comparison, I think they were great. Just make sure you add them as a contact in your email when you get started (important) because I missed the first couple emails until they helped me find them! haha Great company though and good customer service and they helped my credit a lot.

Chris Sanchez

June 19th, 2015 Matawan, NJ

I'm very happy with my experience and with The Credit People. They removed 24 of the 26 negative items on my credit and although it took a while, it was well worth it! It just takes time. Sign up and they'll take care of you!

Ken

June 18th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

I've been very impressed with the service. They take great are of their customers.

Sammy

June 9th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

Just started and already a WORLD of difference from the last company I was with! Thx!