The Credit People

7.1

The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options - a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Reasonable Pricing
  • Couples Discount
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

Clients will typically have a team of about three people who will work on their credit. The company will, however, provide one-on-one support per clients' requests.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Reasonable Pricing

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is lower than what many other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will work to dispute certain inaccurate or invalid negative items on clients' credit reports, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, will help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

Like the majority of other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates.

Couples Discount

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also appear to be no hidden fees or any extra costs associated with the company's credit repair service.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims that clients will never pay for anything they are not happy with. Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Limited Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

In addition to a monthly fee, The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

While this initial fee is fairly low, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's monthly/six-month costs are low, it seems that the company does not provide a free trial period to clients like many of its competitors.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or additional services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers one credit repair program with the option of two different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of  credit repair package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, many other companies in the industry may offer plan options that include additional services, customizable plans, etc.

Limited Payment Options

Unlike some other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly plan and a six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different credit repair membership options that clients can choose from - the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a reputable credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some consumers, however, have claimed in the past that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. It's important to keep in mind that credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see results sooner than others.

On The Credit People's website, the company states that most customers who use its services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Landry Mukonkole Grand Prairie, TX

I was trying to repair my credit and I decided to give them a try. They were pretty quick to call me and give me the details of the process. I was given all the chargers and told how things would as far as repairing my credit went. There were no surprised in the process, I everything was discussed ahead of time and things were done accordingly. Within 3 or 4 months of me signing up with them, everything was taken care of in terms charges and old accounts that were just lingering in there. In fact, they stopped charging us after that since everything had been taken care of. They just said, you know, that if we ever need them again we should check back. They were just very honest and understanding of everything. They improved the quality of my life in terms of work and anger related to my credit.

Stanley Plutt Florissant, CO

We wanted to do something with our house, so we needed to improve our credit before doing that. All I had to do is get my reports to them and they took care of everything in a few months. They did an incredible job raising our credit score. They were always available and got back to us as soon as they could. They were very prompt in responding. I really like it, though the prices have gone up since we used it. At that time it was $20 cheaper and we just did my husband's credit score since they didn't really offer a deal to do both of our scores. Right now my son in law is doing it too and it has been rather expensive for him. I've actually been helping him pay for it and it's not going as quick for him as it did for us. Still, I thought it was a pretty valuable tool when we used it.

Sandra Las Vegas, NV

They are very clear in telling you what part you need to do in order to improve your credit. They are very professional, and they disputed some of the credit I had. They disputed for me, and fought for me. They have a pleasant call center, and anytime I've talked to someone there, they're very knowledgeable. I've never had a bad experience with them.

Sunny Prasad Elk Grove, CA

I wanted to improve my credit and I think going with them was a good decision. They have a very good system going on. They have been pretty responsive to every question that I've had. I like that they're professional too. They've done what I wanted them to do. I love that they're very honest you know. They're an online company and you just trust them with your permits and what not. When you're ready to get out, they just say 'yeah, no problem' and give you no problems about it. I didn't have to fight them for anything.

Corey Ballet

They are a very amazing company.They strive to get your credit on track. they strive to get your credit on track. Working on people Credit.Is personal with the credit people To get the job done. They are not just a regular credit repair company.they are like your family.

Ian Bradenton, FL

I am a skeptic by nature, but this is a diligent credit repair company. My credit was in the mid 500's and in about 2.5 years, it has raised it to the mid 700's. In all honesty, I would attribute half of that rise in score to the Credit People and the other half to my own efforts. If you do both in tandem, use their service while also responsibly addressing everything under your own control, you will see an exponential rise in your credit score. A sidenote: their customer service is always very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly.

Kristi Sanders

I had repaired my credit up to about 125 points and hit a wall, they pushed past the wall and fixed the sticking points the rest of the way. I had one mark that required a special handling, and because they handled all the inconsistencies I was able to focus in on the one and get the necessary filings done to remove it as well!1

Bryan

I actually signed up for credit repair with two different companies and right away, The Credit People had the best support. I have never had any problems with their customer service. They tell you exactly what they are going to do. I was very satisfied with them and all their help they provided.

Israel Baton Rouge, LA

Going with The Credit People was the best decision I've made in my life. They were very attentive, respectful, and went above and beyond what they said they would do. My credit score went from 500 to 660 with them. Customer Support is always prompt and help solve my problems. I have a great relationship with them.

Kathleen Wilmington, DE

Sometimes it's hard to get on the phone with someone over at customer support. It was a good decision for me to go with them, because they helped my credit report improve quickly. They removed charges off my credit account quickly because they were false charges due to my identity being stolen.

braindr11 Springfield, IL

They got the job done which is why I rate them highly. The reason they didn't get a full 5 stars is that it's difficult to call them over the phone and find someone to speak with. They prefer electronic communication which is fine as well. They did manage to help increase my credit score dramatically which is the most important and frankly the only consideration I care about.

Alan Madison, AL

The Credit People have changed my life! My credit was in shambles from a divorce and now it's better than ever. All I had to do was send them documents I received in the mail. Best decision I ever made. Thank you Credit People!

Kody Clemmons Panama City Beach, FL

I needed help with some collections that just weren't right and some old stuff that needed to be cleared up. I feel like it was a great decision. I was approved for a house 3 months after having them help me. Though since then, they've been cutting out every time I've called them after finishing my service.

Stanley Tomlinson Monroe, NY

I had bad credit, that's why I signed up with them. It was all outstanding. Every time I needed to inquire about something, they were quick to respond. Thanks to them, in the last six months my credit score went from 612 to 731.

Devon Brown

I went with them since they were rated well. So far everything has been taken care of. They do what they say they will do and so far they've done a good job. It's easy to figure out what they're doing too. Every time I call them there's always somebody there to answer my questions in a proper manner and everything.

Roberto Salas San Antonio, TX

I looked online at different prices and ended up settling for The Credit People. They're doing a good job, they're fixing my credit. Customer support always checks up on me about how things are going. So far they have done what they're supposed to do. It has been great.

Robert Vogt Nashville, TN

They got some pretty good reviews, so I went to them. Customer support was good, though they were a little slow at getting back to me with some things. Sometimes, instead of them following up with me, I had to call them to follow up and figure out what was going on. I wish they would work on that. Overall, it was still a good experience. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was good.

Scott Dexter Butler, KY

To be honest my credit was bad. They got a very high rating on a website that I visited, and based on the customer reviews I decided to go with them. Ever since, they have helped me to repair my credit report, and even though I don't have my final report from them yet, I've seen a few things that come in the mail that were extremely favorable. I'd say that they're hundred percent trustworthy.

Christian Romero Houston, TX

Their reviews were very good and their price was great so I went ahead and tried them. At this time they're still working on my credit score. They send me emails and everything has been easier, so it should be better. I'm just waiting for couple more papers and it should be finished. It's been a good experience and I'm very satisfied.

Dwana Dumolt West Monroe, LA

They were trustworthy and did what they say they would do. As of right now, I have nothing bad on my credit. I actually have an 800 credit score because they helped me increased it up 40 points. They do what they advertise and they're very professional and informative.

Niccole Workman Louisville, KY

I received an initial feedback call and everything has been done through their web page. It has been very smooth, easy and clear. I would recommend them because they delivered, and their service have increased my credit score significantly.

Rodger Albright Pittsburgh, PA

I was trying to get rid of some old stuff that was on my credit, and they helped me raise it about 120 points. They did what they said they were gonna within a time frame and I was very happy. I highly recommend them because I'm very satisfied with the service.

Joseph Humphries Tampa, FL'

The credit repair people were very helpful and they assisted in raising my scores. There were some charges that I could not get removed on my own, in normal due process. I don't have any complaints in regards to the service they provided - they were helpful.

Michelle Jacksonville, FL

I made a good decision going with this company, because I've had nothing but positive experiences. I wish they could repair credit sooner than they do, but I trust them. I don't have any complaints with customer service, because any time I called in to them they have answers for me.

Mark Cottrell Mount Joy, PA

Effective results; they made a positive impact on my credit. The only area of concern was communication; one needs to proactively reach out to them to discuss progress & value of service continuation, although their website communicates valuable information.

Alan Benefield Madison, AL

I wanted to improve my credit after some mistakes I did in the past. I'm very happy with the results they gave me, I can't complain. It has certainly changed my life and I think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Anonymous Charleston, SC

I needed their services. They are very good, attentive, professional, and thorough in their job. There was a lot of attention to detail. I feel great about it, it was a very effective service.

H. Ford Macon, GA

They do exactly what they say they are going to do. They get back to you quickly and everything. It only took 3 or 4 months for them to get off 78% of what I needed to get rid of. I feel good about it all.

Vitaliy Dzyuba Frisco, TX

Since they seemed like a decent company that could help me, I decided to go with them. Their communication was great, they always keep you posted on what's going on. The few issues that I had, they fixed them.

Soraya Renta Homestead, FL

My husband had done this before me, so I just went with the same people. They're a very excellent service, they're very effective. Now everything is fine with my credit and I don't have problems with it.

Anonymously Tucson, AZ

I needed some help improving my credit and I read some information about them on the internet and decided to use them. I'm very satisfied with how they handled my needs. They are very helpful and they were able to improve my score dramatically.

Paul New York, NY

I have used The Credit People twice, once from 2015 to 2016 and again from 2018-2019. Both times they were very helpful and effective. My credit has been completely cleaned up, and scores are good to very good. I was able to get approval for my first AMEX card ever. Yes it takes some time for it to work, for me it was a 14-month process in the more recent run. Many times the credit bureaus would mail credit reports that did not remove the negative marks, and this would happen from month to month it seemed, and when finally one of the reporting agencies cleared a mark, we still had to work on the othe 2 agencies, and so forth. Also one of the credit card companies I had 2 cards with, would mail me letters each month asking me to specify which account that I was disputing, over and over again, and no matter how many times I uploaded the docs to The Credit People, that didn't seem to change. However, over the 14 months, all deragotory marks have been removed from all 3 credit reports. So I would say that it takes a bit of patience. Overall I am very pleased with the results, and it's not as expensive as some of the other providers. highly recommended!

Sylvia Brien Wylie, TX

From day one Credit People were awesome. I was very pleased on the way they explained everything. Customer service was always very nice. If I emailed them they always responded promptly. They always kept me informed of what they were going to do and what they did. Never kept me in the dark. Keep in mind its your credit . So you have to do your part . As long as you do your part on your end, they take care of the rest. Very easy. I was very pleased with what they did with my credit. I couldn't get anything due to how bad my credit was and now I have credit cards. I've been approved for loans . It feels great that I was able to start over and rebuild my credit. The Credit People helped me do that.

Jeff Green

My experience was excellent from the start. I received my welcome call within 24 hours. The entire process was explained in detail and everything went just as explained. After less than 4 months my scores increased by 75 points. I was finally able to buy a new car and rent the apartment I wanted. When I called to put my account on hold due to accomplishing my immediate needs, I'd just been charged my next monthly fee. They refunded that fee even though I didn't even ask for it. I will definitely use the Credit People again when I'm ready to buy a home and get the best interest rate possible.

Tim Glasgow Los Angeles, CA

GREAT SERVICE! I tried credit repair before with another company and it did not go well. I have now used the credit people and they have been outstanding. The service takes the same time as any other service I would think but I always was kept informed and they were really helpful. I started with a lot of bad credit from a divorce (I pretty much let everything go) and they get things back on track. I have started rebuilding my credit now and this was a huge part (my credit) that I was not wanting to deal with. It was really easy and Im telling you to give them a try if you need help with your credit.

Andrew Northup Miami, FL

I actually had a somewhat lack luster initial experience, but they really impressed me with their response. I was with them for six months and things went good for the first 3 months, but the second three months came and went with hardly any results. I cancelled the service and was not happy. I received a follow up email and they asked about my experience, I told them I was not happy, and about my service. They asked if someone could call me and discuss it, and within 24hrs someone (Anne?) called me. I explained what happened to her and she apologized and wanted to make sure I received what I paid for. She arranged for 3 months of free service with no payment or obligations after. They just wanted to make sure I received the results that I felt lacked over the last three months of my service. I didn't ask them to do this, I didn't ask for a call, they just cared about my experience (very cool). Top-notch gesture by them, and I just wanted to share this!

Ashley Phoenix, AZ

Great experience and they did a GREAT job fixing my credit! My score is up 93 points and they were very helpful along the way. I knew that this was going to take time because my friend was with them before. If you're expecting to have perfect credit in a day it ain't happening. They explained that. This process takes some time, they told me to hold tight for a couple of months and see where we're at then. I did and it was steady progress. Im just passing this on because I should have just done this a while ago but didn't really want to deal with it. My friend and I both have had a very good experience. thanks.

Dissatisfied Customer Decatur, GA

I worked with these people for several months, I could not get anything removed from my report. To get my credit scores higher, I took out a couple of credit cards and kept them at zero balances, during this period. Plus, my older credit card war already being kept at zero balance. Doing this, I saw my credit scores increase from the mid 600's to 703. When I saw that these people weren't doing anything to remove the negative items on my report, I decided to cancel my membership. When I did that, my credit scores dropped from 703 to all the way down to the lower 600's, was lower than what it was when I started with them!!! I am extremely angry, as I worked so hard to get my credit scores increased to the 700 mark. Please don't waist your money with these credit repair companies. They are all rip offs, if they require you to pay them to do something I was able to accomplish on my own by just opening up a few credit cards and keeping them at zero balances. You people suck something awful!!!!

Reply from The Credit People

Thank you for your feedback, and we do appreciate you letting us know your concerns. Unfortunately, without any name provided for this review, there is only so much we can do to be helpful. There is nothing we would be doing in this process that would lower your scores, if anything they would stay the same or improve. However, there is many other factors that contribute to your scores that are not within our control such as credit usage (if you use more than 50% of the available credit limit on any of your credit cards) or on-time payments (if you miss a payment with a creditor while having our service that could be a new negative mark on your reports) or if you apply for credit and open a new account, or close an account, etc. All of those are factored into your credit scores, and just simply canceling our service doesn't make your scores drop (that solely means we would stop submitting disputes for you moving forward, but has no bearing on anything new that may be added to your reports that may have lowered your scores). It's also important to make sure you review your scores through a reliable source such as the bureaus directly (websites such as Credit Karma and Credit Sesame can be very misleading with their scoring and are not the same scores a lender will pull for you if you apply for credit. If you would be willing to provide your name, we would be willing to look into your account further at no additional charge to see what may have changed, and what lowered your scores. If not, than we certainly wish you all the best in all you do moving forward, and hope things only continue to improve for you. Thank you! -The Credit People -

Feb. 8th, 2021

Mandy Satterwhite Atlanta, GA

This company isn’t what people are saying it is. I was with this company for 4 months never seen a change nothing ever happened. I was with another company a couple of years back and I seen a change definitely within the first month. I used a lady that I knew while in the military and I seen a change with her within the first 2 months. No way you are telling me that within four months that nothing’s going to change. I closed my account after the first 3 months. What happens is they go online copy and past the disputes on there and send them to the credit bureaus. You can do the same thing, I learned this from my realtor:) she’s amazing. It work!!!

Reply from The Credit People

Hi Mandy! Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you're doing well. I think there is a misunderstanding so I would be happy to clarify. You mentioned that you never saw a change in your credit and nothing happened while you had our service. However, we did confirm 5 negative accounts were removed from your reports based on our disputes, and we did post that information to your online dashboard so you could review it. So it's good news there was progress and positive results based on the disputes we were submitting for you. You also mentioned you were with us for 4 months but it was only three months. Lastly, you stated that we go online and copy and paste information for disputes but we actually do the exact opposite and that is not part of our process at all. We draft custom dispute letters and mail them to each of the bureaus since that provides much better results than generic online disputes. We do care about our customers, and we have the same goal our customers do of trying to get the best results possible and help to clear up their reports and increase their scores. Please contact us if you'd like to review your results and we would be happy to go through them with you. Thank you, stay safe, and Happy New Year! - The Credit People -

Jan. 5th, 2021

Anonymous Honolulu, HI

Service was too similar to previous credit repair service. However, customer service was very unsatisfactory. When I cancelled the service, I received repeated emails stating my payment was due. I sent responses after contacting the customer service notifying cancelation. I finally had my financial institution put a stop payment and fraud alert for all charges. I'm still receiving emails to make payment.

Reply from The Credit People

Hi There! I'm so sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our service. We do care about our customers and always try to do everything we can to go above and beyond for them. If you can please provide your name, I can definitely look into your account to better assist you, make sure you no longer receive emails if that is still occurring, and answer any additional questions you may have. Unfortunately, without a name, there's only so much I can do to try to assist you. We hope you're doing well, and stay safe! -The Credit People -

Jan. 6th, 2021

Cathy Mobile, AL

Because I was mislead and it took forever for The Credit People to update my credit score. At first I was happy with this company, but if you do not stay on top of them, nothing will get done to your account. I wasted my money over the years. Misinformed!

Clyburn Silver Spring, MD

Every time I've needed someone in customer support, they've been there for me. I haven't had any problems with them. They did everything they said they would do. They repaired my credit, and I'm grateful for that.

DM Miami, FL

They disputed fraudulent collections that were droping my credit score. Within two months they wete gone. I have nothing bad to say about this company, at the moment.

Anthony Njeru Grandview, MO

I needed to improve my credit score by removing some negative marks on it. They were helpful and responsive, and they did improve my credit, but they didn't do it as fast or helped as much as I hoped they would.

Sunny Chicago, IL

They really help to remove things on my credit that were wrong and things that were hard for me to clear off my credit that really affected my score and ability to apply for certain things I needed to accomplish.

Jim Vautrot Melbourne, FL

They helped me remove inaccurate information that was dragging my rating down. They were always available when I was seeking answers. I now have a 775 Fico score.

Theresa Walker Arlington, TX

Their specialists did not contact me and did not interact with me. It was a little disappointing. They did deal with the main problem I had, but they did not clear everything up. There was never a re-following up back to me and I just felt all they were doing each month was taking my money, in fact, I had to do a lot of the stuff that they should have been taking care of.

Anonymously Yukon, OK

We had some incorrect information on our credit profile. Using The Credit People has raised our score. They got what we needed done on our credit profile.

Amanda Akron, OH

10/10, folks. I gave them their $19 setup fee, I've been a client for 3 mos. now & giving them their $79/mo fee, and in exchange I've gotten a 40+ point boost to my credit score, I've gotten the best customer service, including prompt email replies to specific inquires, and they're already onto their second round of disputes on my behalf- I love The Credit People!

Jennifer Campbell New York, NY

They are very helpful. Its nice to be able to talk to someone and everyone I have talked to from the credit people has been very professional and helpful. I spoke with someone for an hour about my credit, she was really nice and explained everything. My credit is the last thing holding me back from getting my home and they have done a great job so far.