The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

In addition to working with the three major credit bureaus to remove negative items and clean up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options — a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will dispute negative items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The repair company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates and a free service trial.

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain the following after using their credit repair services:

• 30 percent average increase in credit scores
  • 71 percent auto loan approval
  • 64 percent home loan approval
  • 74 percent new credit approval
  • 67 percent approval for refinancing

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some poor credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others.

Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly/six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different membership options that clients can choose from — the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

Potential clients should also note that The Credit People's services are certified under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and that the company has over 15 years of experience within the credit repair industry.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a legitimate credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some clients, however, have claimed that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others.

Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Anthony Njeru

February 6th, 2018 Grandview, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed to improve my credit score by removing some negative marks on it. They were helpful and responsive, and they did improve my credit, but they didn't do it as fast or helped as much as I hoped they would.

Devon Brown

February 6th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went with them since they were rated well. So far everything has been taken care of. They do what they say they will do and so far they've done a good job. It's easy to figure out what they're doing too. Every time I call them there's always somebody there to answer my questions in a proper manner and everything.

Landry Mukonkole

February 6th, 2018 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was trying to repair my credit and I decided to give them a try. They were pretty quick to call me and give me the details of the process. I was given all the chargers and told how things would as far as repairing my credit went. There were no surprised in the process, I everything was discussed ahead of time and things were done accordingly. Within 3 or 4 months of me signing up with them, everything was taken care of in terms charges and old accounts that were just lingering in there. In fact, they stopped charging us after that since everything had been taken care of. They just said, you know, that if we ever need them again we should check back. They were just very honest and understanding of everything. They improved the quality of my life in terms of work and anger related to my credit.

Roberto Salas

February 6th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I looked online at different prices and ended up settling for The Credit People. They're doing a good job, they're fixing my credit. Customer support always checks up on me about how things are going. So far they have done what they're supposed to do. It has been great.

Stanley Plutt

February 6th, 2018 Florissant, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We wanted to do something with our house, so we needed to improve our credit before doing that. All I had to do is get my reports to them and they took care of everything in a few months. They did an incredible job raising our credit score. They were always available and got back to us as soon as they could. They were very prompt in responding. I really like it, though the prices have gone up since we used it. At that time it was $20 cheaper and we just did my husband's credit score since they didn't really offer a deal to do both of our scores. Right now my son in law is doing it too and it has been rather expensive for him. I've actually been helping him pay for it and it's not going as quick for him as it did for us. Still, I thought it was a pretty valuable tool when we used it.

Soraya Renta

February 6th, 2018 Homestead, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband had done this before me, so I just went with the same people. They're a very excellent service, they're very effective. Now everything is fine with my credit and I don't have problems with it.

Debra Phillips

February 6th, 2018 Mukilteo, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I found them through a referral. They have done everything they could for me. They are always available and helpful.

Robert Vogt

February 6th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They got some pretty good reviews, so I went to them. Customer support was good, though they were a little slow at getting back to me with some things. Sometimes, instead of them following up with me, I had to call them to follow up and figure out what was going on. I wish they would work on that. Overall, it was still a good experience. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was good.

Juli Sanchez

January 19th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use the credit people to bump my score. With my new score I will get a mortgage and buy my first rental house. I like the service.

Joseph K

January 18th, 2018 Atchison, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used credit people for credit restoration services. I was happy although I do use Mint Credit for ongoing monitoring. I would recommend they add credit card suggestions in the future. 4.9/5

Becky Zimmer

January 7th, 2018 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional service and awesome results.

Larry Summers

January 4th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I liked working with credit people. The customer service ladies are really sweet and everything was pretty easy. If you call in and you get Cindy on the phone you will be well taken care of. All around great folks.

Randy Jones

December 15th, 2017 Shelbyville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Price was good and they did exactly what they said that they would do for me.

Reliable Client

December 15th, 2017 Albany, GA' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was able to get approved for home loan through using the credit people. I used for about 5 months.

Damon

December 15th, 2017 Dolton, IL' DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because they went beyond and above to get my credit back on the right track

Sarah

December 8th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They helped me clean up the messes in my credit, so I could pursue my goals.

Anthony Bryant

December 8th, 2017 Brandon, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Knowledgeable, prompt Great staff , Explain all the steps needed and began working on my credit immediately .

Victor Heitz

December 8th, 2017 Aurora, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They fixed my credit. It was an easy process. Good results!

Veronica C

December 8th, 2017 Kingman, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They went above and beyond the call of service. In the beginning I did not understand the process and had really expressed my unsatfaction with the service. Immediately they refunded a couple months of service fees assigned me to a personal credit counselor and ended up removing over 20 negative items.

Courtney Mcmillan

December 6th, 2017 Canton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After 3 months 50% disputes removed

Arnold Flowa

November 8th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Im new to the credit people but so far so good. My score has gone up in the 2 months I have been services by them. I picked them because they are cheaper than the others.

Jon Roueful

October 31st, 2017 Mountain View, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up to the credit people maybe 3 months ago. Overall experience is solid and my score went up. Nothing mind blowing. - Jon

Jessica Hensley

October 9th, 2017 Timberville, VA

My credit has improved. It would be nice to have more information so I can understand the dispute process better.

Annoyed in Orlando

October 9th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Absolutely nothing was fixed on my report.

Bern1017

October 9th, 2017 Cedar Crest, NM

Very responsive, with excellent customer service.

Bill

October 9th, 2017 Mount Pleasant, SC

They helped my credit. They did what they said they would.

Eric V.

October 9th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ

They did a great job removing negative credit line items

Sharon

October 9th, 2017 Granite Bay, CA

because they are always friendly and very helpful in answering any questions I have.

sal

October 9th, 2017 Kingsburg, CA

could not delet all my debet and dose not delet hard checks

Brock jar

October 9th, 2017 Herndon, VA

Excellent service all the way around. Product is as advertised and customer service is easy to reach.

D. Hollinger

October 9th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

They did an amazing job in a short amount of time. Their prices were low and they are very good at responding to questions in a timely manner.

Milt

October 9th, 2017 Pottstown, PA

Because they really helped my credit score and fought for me every step of the way...!

#theygotmestr8

October 9th, 2017

Just an awesome experience! Excellent customer service and support

Barbara Smith

October 9th, 2017 Houston, TX

They're good. Very responsive to your questions website user friendly

LH

October 9th, 2017 Houston, TX

They are really thorough and on top of things!

Grey

October 9th, 2017 Irving, TX

Good people. They walk you through it and if I had any questions they would pick up phone

October 9th, 2017 Cypress, TX

In general, they are effective. However, when I returned for a follow-up help, I was not happy with the results. They were more effective the first time around.

Sunny

October 9th, 2017 Chicago, IL

They really help to remove things on my credit that were wrong and things that were hard for me to clear off my credit that really affected my score and ability to apply for certain things I needed to accomplish.

Jack B

October 8th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

Great customer service. Excellent results. I highly recommend this company and it's much less expensive than others I looked into.

Alfonso

October 2nd, 2017 Miami, FL

Great Customer Service - Results not so great

October 2nd, 2017 Easton, MD

They drag out the process over months with very little real impact on my score.

Bill League

October 2nd, 2017 Knightdale, NC

They are doing what they say they are going to do. That simple.

Big help!

October 2nd, 2017 Burbank, CA

Almost perfect. Needs to be reminded on updates

Brenda

October 2nd, 2017 Houston, TX

Because they are always available & great customer service

Dan

October 2nd, 2017 Marble Falls, TX

Started out active on the case but then got quiet with no updates several months later.

Desiray

October 2nd, 2017 Pahrump, NV

customer service is not good I leave messages and no one has ever called me back. I'm about to cancel because things no longer on my account are being disputed and i receive letters from credit bureau stating that

Joseph Zaccheo

October 2nd, 2017 Cambridge, MA

Very quick with responses and removal of disputes have been good so far.

Darnell

October 2nd, 2017 Fredericksburg, VA

They do as much as they can with what they can. At a certain point there is very little that they can do.

Dwayne

October 2nd, 2017 Lawrenceville, GA

Caring people that will do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Fabiano Ostrowski

October 2nd, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

Just don't like the way they talk when want stop my service