The Credit People was founded in 2001 and strives to provide hope to those in bad credit situations and share how better credit awaits them in the future. With many years of credit repair experience, The Credit People have helped over 100,000 people raise their credit score

The credit repair company states that everything it does is centered on providing the highest quality service with unmatched benefits for potential and current clients with bad credit.

These benefits include a free credit report and a free credit score summary, a free credit consultation, and lower fees. According to the company's website, most clients "see results within the first 45-60 days" of service.

In addition to working with the three major credit bureaus to remove negative items and clean up credit issues, this credit repair company strives to focus on obtaining score-driven results which includes going beyond traditional dispute routes in order to raise a client's credit score.

The Credit People offer two membership plan options — a monthly membership and a flat rate membership. Each membership includes unlimited disputes, 24/7 account access, creditor communication, toll-free customer service, and more. Potential clients should note that the credit repair company also offers a service discount specifically for couples.

Read on to learn more about The Credit People's credit repair services and to see reviews from real clients.

The Good

• Low Price
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Member Resources

The Credit People provide clients with all three credit reports and credit scores from the credit bureaus completely free.

The company's credit repair process company also focuses on ensuring that clients receive the highest credit score increase they can possibly achieve.

The Credit People have many great features that go along with its repair services, such as:

Low Price

Potential clients can choose to either pay a monthly payment of $79 for credit repair services or a flat rate of $419 for a complete six-month premium credit repair program. This is much lower than what most other credit repair companies charge.

For these prices, The Credit People will dispute negative items on credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, work to fix every client's poor credit, will keep each client updated on the credit repair process, help clients become motivated to better maintain their credit history, and much more.

Clients can obtain unlimited disputes, debt validation, and inquiry validation services when they sign up for The Credit People's credit repair services.

The Credit People also offer a free credit consultation to all clients. The repair company also provides an online dashboard where clients can obtain immediate credit updates and a free service trial.

In addition to lower fees and a free credit consultation, The Credit People provide a credit repair service discount for couples who both could benefit from having better credit.

To get this discount, one person in the couple needs to sign up for credit repair services and then can sign up for their spouse immediately after their order is completed or up to three days following the completion of their order. Once both people in the couple are signed up, they'll receive $20 off of each of their first credit repair payments.

No Hidden Fees

The Credit People strive to be very transparent when it comes to helping clients achieve a level of good credit.

Their credit repair pricing details are all on their website and customers can use the company's services for a monthly fee of $79. There are also no hidden fees or any extra costs.

Satisfaction Guarantee

The Credit People offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The firm claims "you'll never pay for anything you aren't happy with." Clients have the ability to cancel their monthly repair services membership with The Credit People whenever they please.

According to the company's website, The Credit People's clients are able to obtain the following after using their credit repair services:

• 30 percent average increase in credit scores
  • 71 percent auto loan approval
  • 64 percent home loan approval
  • 74 percent new credit approval
  • 67 percent approval for refinancing

Member Resources

Clients have 24-hour online account access, which is a great resource for members.

In addition, there is a blog, educational material, and answers to frequently asked questions for potential and current clients to learn more about credit repair services, what affects their credit scores like student loans, late payments, credit card debt/other debt, and more.

The repair company's blog also touches on other various information clients should know about credit (FICO score, credit card usage, the interest-free grace period, credit unions, etc.)

The Bad

• Case Set-Up Cost
  • Limited Package Options
  • Payment Options

While The Credit People handle each credit case with little to no client work (meaning the client does not have to be an active participant), it is important to note the following:

Setup Cost

The Credit People charges clients a $19 setup fee.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the credit repair industry do not charge customers a setup fee for their services. Although The Credit People's costs are low, the company does not provide a no-cost trial period to clients.

Limited Package Options

The company does not provide any premium packages or services that clients can choose from. Instead, The Credit People just offers different payment structures ($79 per month or $419 for six months).

The company's lack of package and service options may add limitations to potential customers. For instance, some poor credit situations require more intense credit repair and attention than others.

Without options, the customers must be satisfied with the offered company services.

Payment Options

Unlike many other companies in the credit repair industry, The Credit People do not adhere to the "pay-per-deletion" pricing option.

The company follows a monthly/six-month payment plan. However, they do implement a satisfaction guarantee for all clients which allows for some pricing flexibility.

The Bottom Line

The Credit People have very affordable prices for their credit repair services and offer a 60-day, 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides a credit repair service discount that couples can use to save money on each monthly payment.

The credit repair service offers two different membership options that clients can choose from — the monthly membership option and the flat rate membership option. Each membership comes with 24/7 account access, creditor communication, score-driven results, unlimited disputes, and more.

The Credit People also provide all website visitors with access to an online credit resource center, a detailed online FAQ page, and more. Clients can use these resources to learn more about the credit repair process, credit scores, credit reports, and much more. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of different online resource mediums including infographics, videos, and articles.

Potential clients should also note that The Credit People's services are certified under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and that the company has over 15 years of experience within the credit repair industry.

With a significant amount of positive client reviews combined with the company's emphasis on each client's credit history as well as good credit habits, a free credit consultation, and no hidden fees, The Credit People prove that they are a legitimate credit repair company and that they offer quality credit repair services.

Some clients, however, have claimed that they have experienced slow negative item removal times, but they are few. Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others.

Credit accounts and situations vary per client, so some clients may see good credit score results sooner than others. On their website, the company states that most customers that use their services "see results within the first 45-60 days".

We recommend The Credit People for their advanced experience and for their reputable credit repair services. If you choose The Credit People to improve your credit, you will not have to worry about communicating with creditors as that will be handled by your assigned credit specialist.

Call our recommended rep over at The Credit People below.

Dan

October 2nd, 2017 Marble Falls, TX

Started out active on the case but then got quiet with no updates several months later.

Desiray

October 2nd, 2017 Pahrump, NV

customer service is not good I leave messages and no one has ever called me back. I'm about to cancel because things no longer on my account are being disputed and i receive letters from credit bureau stating that

Joseph Zaccheo

October 2nd, 2017 Cambridge, MA

Very quick with responses and removal of disputes have been good so far.

Darnell

October 2nd, 2017 Fredericksburg, VA

They do as much as they can with what they can. At a certain point there is very little that they can do.

Dwayne

October 2nd, 2017 Lawrenceville, GA

Caring people that will do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Gil

October 2nd, 2017 Joliet, IL

Easy to deal with. Sent various emails about random inquiries and always responded within the hour.

Fabiano Ostrowski

October 2nd, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

Just don't like the way they talk when want stop my service

Jim Vautrot

October 2nd, 2017 Melbourne, FL

They helped me remove inaccurate information that was dragging my rating down. They were always available when I was seeking answers. I now have a 775 Fico score.

Kevin Parker

October 2nd, 2017

They seem to be great they are on top of credit repair and getting stuff off your report

Miss Tyler

October 2nd, 2017 Aiken, SC

Very progressive work & pleasant staff members!

No name

October 2nd, 2017 Newark, NJ

The take their take to do a dispute. I don't see result and it's been 3 month already.

Paul Dekker

October 2nd, 2017 Louisville, KY

I think they do a good job but seem to stretch out the process.

Pam

October 2nd, 2017 Carrollton, GA

You guys were great to start with but seemed to slack off toward the end of getting everything cleared up.

Shaina

October 2nd, 2017

They are doing what they claim to do, but I think some areas could use some improvement.

Scott

October 2nd, 2017 Houston, TX

Cost is low, customer service is average.

Steve L

October 2nd, 2017 Hubert, NC

they provided awesome service and great results

Thomas J

October 2nd, 2017 Savannah, GA

Did what was expected and more. My score went up over 125 points!

Willll

October 2nd, 2017 Lehigh Acres, FL

It was simple, thrustfull and I was able to buy my house and a piece of mine.. thanks

Troy J Powell

October 2nd, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

Knowledge of Industry, Quick Response Time, Results

Scott Dexter

September 29th, 2017 Butler, KY

To be honest my credit was bad. They got a very high rating on a website that I visited, and based on the customer reviews I decided to go with them. Ever since, they have helped me to repair my credit report, and even though I don't have my final report from them yet, I've seen a few things that come in the mail that were extremely favorable. I'd say that they're hundred percent trustworthy.

Theresa Walker

September 29th, 2017 Arlington, TX

Their specialists did not contact me and did not interact with me. It was a little disappointing. They did deal with the main problem I had, but they did not clear everything up. There was never a re-following up back to me and I just felt all they were doing each month was taking my money, in fact, I had to do a lot of the stuff that they should have been taking care of.

Valeria Williams

September 29th, 2017 Prescott Valley, AZ

I highly recommend The Credit People. They helped us build our score up to 50 points. Clearing up my credit information and credit reports has been a very good experience.

Patrick Green

September 29th, 2017 Homestead, FL'

They helped to get my credit score up to about 150 points. They did what they said they were gonna do and I was happy with the outcome.

Anonymously

September 29th, 2017 Yukon, OK

We had some incorrect information on our credit profile. Using The Credit People has raised our score. They got what we needed done on our credit profile.

Dwana Dumolt

September 29th, 2017 West Monroe, LA

They were trustworthy and did what they say they would do. As of right now, I have nothing bad on my credit. I actually have an 800 credit score because they helped me increased it up 40 points. They do what they advertise and they're very professional and informative.

Christian Romero

September 29th, 2017 Houston, TX

Their reviews were very good and their price was great so I went ahead and tried them. At this time they're still working on my credit score. They send me emails and everything has been easier, so it should be better. I'm just waiting for couple more papers and it should be finished. It's been a good experience and I'm very satisfied.

Joseph Humphries

September 29th, 2017 Tampa, FL'

The credit repair people were very helpful and they assisted in raising my scores. There were some charges that I could not get removed on my own, in normal due process. I don't have any complaints in regards to the service they provided - they were helpful.

Anonymously

September 29th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

I needed some help improving my credit and I read some information about them on the internet and decided to use them. I'm very satisfied with how they handled my needs. They are very helpful and they were able to improve my score dramatically.

Niccole Workman

September 29th, 2017 Louisville, KY

I received an initial feedback call and everything has been done through their web page. It has been very smooth, easy and clear. I would recommend them because they delivered, and their service have increased my credit score significantly.

Rodger Albright

September 29th, 2017 Pittsburgh, PA

I was trying to get rid of some old stuff that was on my credit, and they helped me raise it about 120 points. They did what they said they were gonna within a time frame and I was very happy. I highly recommend them because I'm very satisfied with the service.

Keoin Brown

September 27th, 2017

They started off well, I was getting phone calls and letters sent home. After about 3 months, My credit score didn't move. I couldn't get any phone calls back and I had no clue if my credit was being repaired or not. I stopped paying and they didn't contact me until two months later as if they had just noticed. Which further more made me think no one was working on my case.

Ms Tay

September 13th, 2017 Alton, IL

They communicate with me throughout the process. My score went up over 50 points in just a few months

Darrell

September 13th, 2017

Good customer service. I like the website they give you to track their progress.

Tfelton

September 13th, 2017 Milford, DE

They got items off of my report that I was told from the collection agencies could not come off, even after the debt was paid.

D. Phillips

September 13th, 2017 Elizabeth, NJ

Everything your company stated it would do, it did! I have no complaints with the service provided.

Jeff Green

September 8th, 2017

My experience was excellent from the start. I received my welcome call within 24 hours. The entire process was explained in detail and everything went just as explained. After less than 4 months my scores increased by 75 points. I was finally able to buy a new car and rent the apartment I wanted. When I called to put my account on hold due to accomplishing my immediate needs, I'd just been charged my next monthly fee. They refunded that fee even though I didn't even ask for it. I will definitely use the Credit People again when I'm ready to buy a home and get the best interest rate possible.

Marissa

September 5th, 2017

The Credit People really helped me with my scores and getting some bad stuff off my reports. It took awhile but I am verry happy with my results. They did a good job and are always friendly on the phone.

peter larson

August 7th, 2017 Longboat Key, FL

It took 3 days to finally hear back from The Credit People, but I'm now finally signed up. If y.ou're over 90, you cannot sign up on line because the birth date year only goes back to 1927. If you're born before then, you have to speak to a customer service rep...which can take a few days before you hear back. Hopefully the credit repair service goes faster than it takes to sign up if you're over 90.

Mario Roman

July 25th, 2017 Raleigh, NC

Excellent communication . Good dashboard

Jennifer Campbell

June 27th, 2017 New York, NY

They are very helpful. Its nice to be able to talk to someone and everyone I have talked to from the credit people has been very professional and helpful. I spoke with someone for an hour about my credit, she was really nice and explained everything. My credit is the last thing holding me back from getting my home and they have done a great job so far.

Sammy HG

June 27th, 2017 Matawan, NJ

MY CREDIT SCORE WENT UP 70 POINTS SO FAR! THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT THANKS

Janice B. Hill

June 15th, 2017

To see how your credit repair works, I've been with a credit repair for a year or more and I still have 7 negative credits still on my report.started out. Paying $99.00, but couldn't afford it so I went to $59.00 a month. Is this good or not.

Jonathan Torres

June 4th, 2017

Very happy they removed lots of bad things on my reports. And they are still working on my score. Good job! Rip mela

blake

May 8th, 2017

I recently used The Credit People and I'm very upset that I used them. They guarantee results within 45-60 days, and after three months of no changes on my credit report I cancelled with The Credit People. They disputed three of the six companies on my credit report, but nothing changed and The Credit People stopped contacting me. They did refund me the $59 that they were taking out for this month, but not for the other two months of $59 each. That was $118.00 wasted. I might go back to Lexington Law, even though they cost more they removed three disputes from my credit report within a month. I definitely do not recommend The Credit People, I don't know how they got decent ratings in the first place.

RJ

April 21st, 2017 Chicago, IL

This company helped me out big time with my credit. Awesome!

Julie

April 6th, 2017 Edison, NJ

I had 9 out of my 11 negative items on my credit report fixed. This was exactly what I was looking for and the credit people did a great job.

Patricia

February 2nd, 2017 Miami, FL

Very happy with the results of the service. I signed up with the credit people a few months ago and they have done a fantastic job. I have seen steady improvements in my credit, and their customer service has been excellent. I have referred a couple of people to them as well since starting. I had a very good experience.

Kenzie Paplovskus

February 2nd, 2017 Plano, TX

AWESOME! MY CREDIT SCORE IS UP 160 POINTS AND THEY DID A GREAT JOB!

Wendy

February 2nd, 2017 Plano, TX

Big help with my credit. It was easy and super worth it for the money. They raised my score and my credit is a million times better. Thanks!

Robin

January 5th, 2017 Chicago, IL

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about The Credit People. I did notice a few slow months, but I found later it was because I wasn't following along or doing my part. Once I sent them what I was supposed to things have been going great! I'll report back in a few more months for a final review