Founded in 1812, Citi is the third-largest bank in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards, loans, and investments.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• Rewards Programs
  • APRs
  • No Annual Fee
  • Free Credit Score
  • Fraud Safeguards

Rewards Programs

Citi offers several rewards programs that offer cash back for gas and other consumer items. The more regularly customers use their Citi card, the more points they will earn to qualify for rewards.

APRs

Citi offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 21 months. After that rates jump to 13.24 to 23.24-24.24 percent* depending on the card, which is fairly average when compared to APRs offered by other top credit card companies.

No Annual Fee

Citi does not charge any annual fees, which is a great benefit because it can save cardholders hundreds of dollars.

Free Credit Score

Citi provides its customers with the ability to view and monitor their FICO score for free, which is helpful for consumers who like to keep track of their credit.

Fraud Safeguards

Citi provides online and mobile security to protect its customers from fraud. Additionally, Citi cardholders have $0 liability for unauthorized charges. Visit Site

The Bad

• Late Payment Fees
  • Undisclosed Information

Late Payment Fees

Citi charges late payment fees of up to $35.

Undisclosed Information

After looking at Citi's corporate website, it is unclear whether or not the company charges foreign transaction fees.

The Bottom Line

Citi offers rewards programs, competitive APRs, free credit score tracking, fraud safeguards, and no annual fees. However, the company does charge late payment fees.

Zac Marx
October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS

My citi credit card is my most used credit card. I enjoy the no annual fees or added interest rates. I also love the cheaper deals with costco and traveling benefits and rewards from use of my citi card.

Amy Boren
October 4th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have a costco citibank card. We love the cash back rewards and it has been very easy to use. Lots of great perks.

Don Boren
October 4th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Good customer service on the phone. Never had trouble with merchants not accepting my Citibank Visa.

Joy Hill
October 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Love my costco citi card. Makes it easy to pay at costco and the rewards are the best that I have found

Miles Strother
September 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have a Citi card through Costco, and it's amazing. No annual cost, high credit limit, good cash back.

Michele Dougherty
September 12th, 2019 Calabasas, CA DETAILS

07/15/17 My AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard was charged $3,449 from a hotel I had stayed at in Mexico. i had paid for my room on my am ex, and had given this Citibank Card upon check info incidentals, but had no room charges. I assumed this charge was an error, and contacted the hotel 3x to ask for an explanation, but they did not respond, so I contacted Citibank- assuming they would of course protect me. Here are my notes from the nightmare than ensued and ended with Citibank office of the president stating that “if customers give a card to a merchant for incidentals, custom is giving hotel permission to change WHATEVER HOTEL WANTS, and Citibank requires no proof of authorized charged! I was informed this is ESPECIALLY the case if the hotel is out of the country. Citibank cannot protect customers from fraud, and does NOT consider this fraud, if we willingly give a merchant a card for incidentals. On 8/15/17 I did “chat” w/ Citibank customer service via these website & the representative disputed the charge & tagged it as both fraud and as a dispute (i have the full transcript) 9/11/17 spoke w/ fraud dept for 1 hour & emailed & mailed them requested documents. I received a credit for a month, then it was reversed for no reason i could find. I immediately called on 11/13/17 & spoke with Timothy customer service Citibank -he said claim wasn’t handled properly, so he’s resubmitting it to the investigator. He said they had it incorrectly inputted as a “double pay”, but he fixed it. There's NOTHING needed from me. They will reissue me a credit for the $3449 of unauthorized charges & any interest. 11/30/17-spoke with Sarah who seemed confused about everything (she spoke very bad English). On the phone for over 70 minutes. She said she couldn't see Timothy's notes from 11/13 and she attempted to “kick the charge back to the fraud department”. She said an Investigator will be in tomorrow & Sarah will give investigator all info & request that they issue my credit again until this is resolved. Sarah did not have the ability to issue the credit herself, and could not explain why no one has contacted me or followed up on this. 12/17/17 spoke to Tina who’s sending this back to a disputes investigator as “paid by other means”. Per her request I emailed her the room charge on my Am Ex from the hotel. 1/14/18- I spoke with Joseph in customer service - who transferred me to Robert - a customer service supervisor- who said he can’t help with disputes & he’d transfer me again. Then I spoke with disputes supervisor Richard - he went over entire story AGAIN. Richard is opening as a “new dispute”, and doesn’t know why this one “fell through the cracks”. He requested that the documents be moved over & he may still send a letter than needs me to check boxes & sign again, but he has all info & apologized many times. Citicards account - services, statements and communication, letter should be there. He said the system will not allow a conditional credit, because one had been issued & reversed through no fault of mine, so Ricard is requesting that a director get involved and help me. He will request a credit of the $3449 plus interest since July. He could see where Tina tried to reopen the dispute- but it didn’t get it reopened for some reason. Richard created a NEW dispute to get it back in the system. He said I Should hear back in 3-5 biz days from the director. I did not. 2/9/18 received an email requesting a written letter- I sent on 2/12. 3/13/18 Called again - Spoke w/ GraceLynn, who informed me that the dispute had been sent back to security for review & that she cannot assist further. Asked to speak to supervisor. Was forwarded to Josiah, Account Manager, who was incredibly rude & not helpful at all. Stated that since the card was given to hotel for incidentals, that the hotel is allowed to make ANY charges they want without having to provide ANY detail of the charges & Citibank customers are liable for those charges. I Filed a complaint with consumer financial protection bureau. 3/ 27/18 Arlene from Citibank exec offices called & We spoke for 28 min on a recorded line. she said if I could not provide a receipt that showed NO charges upon check out of hotel, Citibank could not protect me. She also said hotel does NOT have to provide an accounting of the charges & that when I provide a card for incidentals a hotel is allowed to charge whatever they want without proof. She said it is especially difficult for Citibank to protect customers if a hotel is out of the country. customers have to prove there were NO charges- the hotel does NOT have to prove that charges are valid. Arlene said that my card was present at the time of purchase. A few minutes later she corrected herself and said the charge could have been made remotely via email or the phone. Arlene said that because I could not prove that I did not authorize these charges, that I am liable for them. OMG! How is this legal?

Darrin Henry
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love my citi card. I am able to accumulate points for cash back and get tickets for certain concerts ahead of time and I love Costco where I use it at.

Kimberly Jackson
September 9th, 2019 Derby, KS

Decent, but their website and customer service could use an update, as neither are very user friendly.

Janessa
June 7th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

We have the Citi double cash card and the Costco Citi card. Love both of them and the perks we receive from each. Double cash back on everything we purchase is better than most other credit cards normal rates or 1 or 1.5% back. We also don't have to worry about the rotating rewards and getting the cards mixed up of what to use and when. The Costco card has great perks with 4% back on gas and 3% on dining and travel. We have had to get new double cash cards a few times because of stolen information, which is probably another company's fault where we have used the card. Citi is always great at overnighting new cards to us and cancelling the transactions that were not made by us.

Grant Lofgreen
June 5th, 2019 Provo, UT

Billing is easy to manage. Good card. AA perks are great. Feels well backed and is widely accepted.

E
May 29th, 2019 North Port, FL DETAILS

This is a huge mistake to get this credit card!!! They charge you more money on your minimum payment the more you use it. The customer service assistance is awful, they literally give you answers that are all hypothetical. Everything is a variable …. The interest on this card is not worth having it, and I honestly do not even want/cant make purchases on it because it is not worth it. I do not recommend this card, and definitely look into other cards. Complete disappointment !!!

Reese
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have had a Citi credit card in the past and it was good on fees, average on the interest rate and easy on the functionality. I could use it anywhere and the limit was reasonable. It would have been better if I could have payed it off monthly but I had to carry a balance and this wasn't terrible as they were easy to work with, but it was expensive. They have great options for everyone and a card that will fit everyones situation.

Ashley
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Citi credit card was my first credit card. They had an unbelievable beginning APR rate. It was a great way to establish my credit history and put me on my way from college. The student card even gives great rewards! It is a very reliable and trusted company which was important to me.

Tim Berrett
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Every CC company raises rates and tries to get the maximum amount of interest out of you, including citi. I avoid credit cards as much as possible, but I do have one Citi Costco card. It has been fine, but I am ready to cancel it even though it is paid off every month.

Ponch Thompson
February 13th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

We have a Costco Citi card - Voucher for Costco each year. Great rebate on Gas 4% and Restaurants 3%. We like it. It has allowed us to earn a cashback bonus by simply using it for things we already would.

Brandie Rudy
February 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I have been a citi customer for a long time and over the years they have made so many great improvements. I love being their customer as they take suggestions from consumers serious and make changes that are appropriate. They have so many card options to fit anyones needs. They have low interest rates, no annual fee and offer low interest payoff options for high interest rate debt. They have an extremely intuitive website that provides options to make payments and ask questions.

Nicole Garrett
February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

This company has been easy to work with. The mobile app is a little buggy. I like the automatic payment option to avoid late payments.

Nathan Hill
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have always liked my citi cards. I currently have a costco card and an advantage card. They are easy to work with and I don't have any complaints. I like the reward program with Costco. They also give good balance transfer options which is nice.

Keri Christensen
February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I have a citi card with my Costco membership and I have been very impressed! I always get my Costco cash checks in the mail and when I misplaced it one time they sent a replacement very quickly.

Helen Thompson
February 12th, 2019 Bountiful, UT DETAILS

WE DO SO MUCH OF OUR FOOD SHOPPING AT COSTCO THAT WE DECIDED TO SAVE AND TRY USING THE CITI BANK CARD. WE HAVE REALLY ENJOYED THE SAVINGS AT THE END OF THE YEAR WE GET WITH THIS CARD. THEY HAVE BEEN VERY EASY TO GET AHOLD OF WITH OUR QUESTIONS THEIR MONTHLY STATEMENTS ARE EASY TO USE AND KEEP TRACK OF YOUR SPENDING. WE ARE HAPPY WE CHANGED OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

Hung
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service is very helpful, I had a few disputes with charges from some company and the Citi bank personnel had straightened it out quickly, I would recommend others to have business with them

August Moulton
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We used a City credit card to consolidate debt about 10 years ago. The rate was amazing and that alone saved us as we were paying off the balance. Citi is a great company and we never had any issues.

Joyce
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

They have nice 0% APR offers. Their dispute service has been unsatisfactory.

Brinley Knowles
January 2nd, 2019 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

Citi is great to communicate with if I am ever needing questions answers or have a problem with something. They have such a great rewards program and they don't charge you to pay an annual which is so great.

Fernando Delgado
December 11th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

I have had my Citi Credit card for many years now and always carry with me in case i forget my debit card or need it for any emergency. Also great interest rate and promotions.

Shauna Craig
December 10th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have the business Costco Citi card and absolutely love it. We use it for everything and end up getting a nice check at the end of the year. We have had to contact customer service to reverse charges and they were professional and efficient. They alert us if charges are made that may not be ours. When I lost my card, they were extremely helpful and quick to replace it.

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton
December 10th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Citi is easy to communicate with as well as helpful in times of need. I have had cc theft and they took good care of my issue.

Katie Howard
December 6th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We use our Citi card for Costco shopping, since it's the only one they accept. It gives us rewards, which we love, and I like having it as a backup card for other shopping as well. The interest rate isn't great, like most credit cards, but we pay off the balance each month so it's not a problem.

edward reese
December 6th, 2018 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS

just recently got a card from them and i enjoy not having penalty, no annual fee, and i can set my own pay date. another great benefit is the access to ticketmaster presales!

Jaime
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT

We currently have a Citi card through Costco. We use it often and love the benefit of earning cash back by using our card places! It's also convenient to be able to look up our statements and past purchases online.

HLG
December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Probably would not use this card if not for Costco. They seem pretty average. Haven't done anything to earn my use other than partner with Costco.

Melissa Carreno
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I have a credit card through Citi, have never had any problems, they're a deliute to do business with. I can call or go online, or use my application on my phone with no problem. will recommend.

Rischelle Mikkelson
November 15th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I really like Our Costco Citi card. It makes it easy to shop. I like that it tracks expense categories for me to help me know where my dollars are going. The mobile app is very user friendly and I am able to do anything I want from it.

Michael
November 5th, 2018 Calabasas, CA DETAILS

Have been very happy with our airline mileage card from Citibank. It has provided a good return on investment with miles that have been useable whenever we have wanted to use them on a wide selection of both domestic and international flights. Our mileage is through American Aiines and it’s affiliates. Would recommend the card for others

Adam B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT

Provided a quick and easy process to apply and approved me for a decent line of credit amount. I use this card for most all my purchases.

Mitch Krull
November 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Good service, decently quick response times. Do as advertised. Not much else to say.

Angela Nelson
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have the Citibank Costco visa and we love it! We get great cash back and customer service has been great, and of course it makes shopping at Costco much easier. No complaints so far.

Tania Saunders
October 31st, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

Love my Costco Citi card. I haven't really had any other rewards card, but I have really enjoyed this one. Already racked up $360 this year.

Shari Evers
September 18th, 2018 Lehi, UT

We live off of our Citi card. All of our day to day expenses go on it. The cash back makes it a no brainer!

POLYANA LAVAKI
September 17th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

My one and only credit card is through Citi. I am still trying to pay off my credit card debt. I signed up with them without reading all the details. The interest is too much, as soon as I pay this off. I would never use credit card.

Celia
September 13th, 2018 Waipahu, HI

My husband has a CITI card and we love it. He uses that more than any card, we earn points and it gives us alerts on what we are spending. We pay it off all the time.

Dave Brinton
August 27th, 2018 DETAILS

I use a Citi card for all of my major grocery shopping. I love the cash back options. When I lost my card they sent a replacement the next day. Great customer service.

Kris
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love my Citi credit Card. When I first got it I received 0% interest for the first 6 months. Great customer service too.

Kym Gangl
August 22nd, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

Love citibank..always courteous. Helpful and CSU seems to KNOW their stuff. I will stay with this co.

Nathan Johnson
August 6th, 2018 Palmyra, PA

Excellent customer service and cash back rewards

Derrick
August 6th, 2018 Lubbock, TX

I have multiple accounts that are accessible together on a single app. Excellent interface, excellent service, and excellent savings. Highly recommend.

Eric
August 2nd, 2018 Annandale, NJ

Love the Costco visa! Nice rewards categories that apply at all times.

Taylor Vance
July 26th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I love the double dash card. It is just so simple to earn cash back. I use as my go-to card if I am not trying to meet the spending requirements for another rewards credit card.

Justin Vance
July 19th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

My Citi Visa through Costco has been awesome. The rewards program is top notch and there is no annual fee. Not worried about late payment fees since I believe they have every right to charge these fees to get back the money they lent out. Customer service has always been professional and accommodating.

Troy Siren
June 28th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Great card with awesome rates. Customer service is top notch.