Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates rise to 15.74 to 24.49 percent*, which is very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees up to $95, which is higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees of $15 to $37 dollars.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

Courtney
October 24th, 2017 Crystal Lake, IL DETAILS

I don't have any issues with Chase in terms of service, the rewards could be better.

Tracy Dauterman
October 24th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA DETAILS

Love everything except I think they could have more security features. This number gets stolen all the time.

Elaine Walz
October 18th, 2017 Madison, WI

No problems with Chase thus far...safe reliable Just not going to be nearby soon

Gwen Shannon Simpson
October 9th, 2017 Daytona Beach, FL

Do not honor their promise to increase card limit after six on time payments and I had the card for 6 years, never made a minimum payment and never missed a payment. I just paid them off and will never use them again.

Chester Hayes
October 2nd, 2017 Fremont, CA

they turned me down for a credit card even though my fico score is over 850. will never do business again with chase.

David McChesney
October 2nd, 2017

ease of use, good analytics, good technology

[email protected]
October 2nd, 2017 San Diego, CA

They are always on top of the fraud and hacking of my credit cards

Marie Weckerle
October 2nd, 2017 Rocklin, CA

Quick to respond to fraud issues... or any issues you have

Rose Risk
September 25th, 2017 Louisville, KY

There is no yearly fees and it is just a great company to have

Megan Van Peenen
September 25th, 2017 Pompton Lakes, NJ

I like the card, however I have nothing to ahi for the thousands I've spent on my United card. I have never received one plane ticket from all the money we have spent.

Carol Kalvik
September 25th, 2017 Pine Level, NC

I've had the chase freedom card since 2005...all statements and payments have been correctly posted. The card administrators have also contacted me twice about suspicious usage; the suspicious usage was by me and after explaining the circumstances the card lady apologized and said she would take steps to correct the problem. I believe they are very good at monitoring the accounts and very willing to help in any way.

Susan Miracle
September 25th, 2017 Louisville, KY

they are pests. Everytime you turn around they are sending you blank checks for you to tranfer other credit debt. Their rates are slightly higher. Or they keep sending you junk mail.

Verna Poole
September 25th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

They're great, and I love the accuracy of my account. Friendliness of the bank staff

M C Wilson
September 14th, 2017 Fort Pierce, FL

The interest rate is a little to high. Been a card member for along time and CHASE knows my payment history.

Elizabeth Prothro
September 14th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

Interest rates are high and going higher but customer service is good.

David Hieronymus
September 14th, 2017 Vancouver, WA

okay service; okay interest rate; okay everything. Just okay.

September 14th, 2017 Preston, ID

I have NEVER had any problems. Whenever I have needed to call I actually get to talk to a person. Their customer service is GREAT!!!

Michelle Stewart
September 14th, 2017 Cornelius, OR

Customer services is null, not willing to work with long standing customers about interest rates or services.

Irene Schmigiel
September 14th, 2017 Buffalo, NY

I have had no issues. The only thing I wish for is that someday I could actually talk into my bracelet and pendant. Sometimes I forget to take the piece you talk into and listen to,

Clifford Parker
September 14th, 2017 Fairview Heights, IL

I've had the card for 30 plus years and have never had a problem with service or the products offered by Chase. I am completely satisfied with Chase and would gladly recommend their services to my family and friends.

John G. Ambrose
September 14th, 2017 San Diego, CA

low interest rate, high credit line, convenience checks often

hanson kathleen
September 12th, 2017 Forest Lake, MN

They are very nasty people unwilling to work with you report incorrectly and will not correct any issues they do whatever they want to your credit report I have a credit agency working on this and cannot get anywhere with them

Danish Noor
September 12th, 2017 Peoria, IL

Good Customer Service and Support. Can do better on the cash back. There are others credit cards out there that are offering more cashback points with no annual fees

James
September 12th, 2017

Great return on money spent and low fees

Sheila Sheets
September 12th, 2017 Ithaca, NY

Unexpected rate hikes when economy is not performing well; misleading promotions ending in NG results

Chris Kramer
September 12th, 2017

Refused to adjust APR after incorrect information was removed from credit report. My APR was evaluated on false information.

Jonathan Irizarry
September 12th, 2017 Newark, NJ

Intrest rates and also customer support has downgraded from what it was at one point

Zai Namaste
September 12th, 2017 Elizabeth, NJ

I am overall satisfied with their service. I've never had a problem with them. They have excellent customer service.

Kim Fahrni
September 12th, 2017

Chase offers fair incentives. The application process is quick and easy.

Nicol Palomar
September 12th, 2017 San Jose, CA

They are good, but dealt with alot of confusion on their end which just made everything go down hill trying to straighten out

Deborah Ramsey
September 12th, 2017 Sterling, VA

Because they answer all my questions and work with me on the due date that is perfect for me

Jason Prunick
September 12th, 2017 Marquette, MI

I love the reward points and the APR is low.

September 12th, 2017 Forney, TX

Extremely reliable. Great for traveling points.

September 12th, 2017 Forney, TX

Extremely reliable. Great for traveling points.

Bobbie Giles
September 12th, 2017 Richmond, VA

My card allows me to receive discounts on Amazon orders

Angelica Torres
September 12th, 2017 Arverne, NY

I think the interest rate is astronomical, considering we have excellent credit.

Ed Thibodo
September 12th, 2017 El Cajon

They provide a reasonable rewards program and twice noticed a fraudulent charge.

Heather Asher
September 12th, 2017 Lenoir City, TN

They're fair and treat their customers fairly. Applying and managing your account is easy and very self explanatory.

Fernando Tapia
September 12th, 2017 Panama City, FL

Excellent customer service, low rates, good rewards

Mario Renteria Jr
September 12th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

Never helped with lowering rate, always kept me in the high twenties just to make money off me I feel.

MERRY C WEHRLE
September 12th, 2017 Peoria, IL

good service, on time payments get me a higher credit limit

Oleeta
September 12th, 2017 Lagrange, GA

I do things online and their website is very intuitive and has given me no trouble. You/I can set alerts, which is very helpful. Excellent service.

Allan
September 12th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

They are nice people, service is great I am pleased with this bank. What more do you want?

Tom Fisher
September 12th, 2017 Easley, SC

Market acceptance of their cards. Rewards. Customer service.

Richard Anderson
September 12th, 2017 Chicago, IL

High Interest Rates from my own bank. Disappointed with the fact my other cards offer a better rate

George Vanek
September 12th, 2017 Sherman Oaks, CA

They do what I ask, are responsible and I have NOT had any problems with them contrary to B of A that I have had nothing but trouble with!!!

Jerry Galbreath
September 12th, 2017 Seal Beach, CA

Great service and personnel are friendly and helpful. Frequent flyer miles are too high to make reservations.

August 14th, 2017 Midlothian, VA

Never had any problem with them, of course would always like cheaper interest rate.

Kevin Mullins
August 14th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

Chase Credit Card is extremely on top of Fraud attacks

Lindsey
August 14th, 2017

They work with those who have financial issues.