Sprint is a major provider of wireless phone and Internet products and services for individuals and businesses throughout the world and offers the latest smartphone and tablet device technology with 4G LTE data coverage in over 500 cities nationwide.

Founded in 1899 and headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, Sprint now owns Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and the Assurance brands of non-contract providers.

#1 Verizon chevron_right
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Metro Area Network Coverage
  • Multi-Line Service Prices
  • Additional Perks
  • Device Options

Metro Area Network Coverage

Though Sprint's coverage depth and breadth are not as robust as that of the top companies, its coverage is improving in certain areas. Sprint now offers especially fast 4G LTE network coverage improvements in four major U.S. metro areas in preparation for 5G speeds:

• Atlanta, GA (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Denver, CO (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Las Vegas, NV (nearly twice as fast as previous download speeds)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (twice as fast as previous download speeds)

Multi-Line Service Prices

Sprint focuses heavily on serving families or groups of friends that want to go in on a phone account together. The group pricing provides an incentive to add more lines because of the discounts available.

For example, the Unlimited Basic service plan gets you your third, fourth, and fifth lines free, totaling $20/month per line, a price that is very difficult (if not impossible) to find elsewhere for what you get. The carrier claims using its Unlimited Basic multi-line plan actually gives customers a $1000 savings over their first year over certain competitors.

Additional Perks

Sprint's three "Unlimited" plans, Unlimited Basic, Unlimited Plus, and Unlimited Premium, all include these benefits:

• Unlimited talk and text
  • Hulu account
  • Mobile hotspot (500 MB LTE, 50GB LTE, or 100GB LTE)
  • Video streaming (480p, 1080p, or full HD)
  • Canada and Mexico roaming and unlimited talk, text, and data (5GB, 10GB, or unlimited 4G LTE data)
  • Text and data in 200+ worldwide locations

Unlimited Plus includes a Tidal account as well, and Unlimited Premium comes with Tidal, Lookout, and Amazon Prime.

Customers age 55+ or customers who are active military or veterans qualify for specialized Unlimited plans. Data plans for tablets, mobile hotspots, and smartwatches can be purchased, too.

Device Options

New and popular Apple and Android phones and tablet options are available through Sprint. Financing rates are based on credit qualifications, but generally, you can utilize the Spring Flex 18-month lease on a new phone. Pre-owned phones are also available. If your current phone is compatible with the Sprint Network and it is unlocked, you can activate it with a new Sprint account. You do need a SIM card to activate your device.

Sprint also sells other tech product accessories:

• Smartwatches
  • Tablets
  • Hotspots
  • Sprint Drive (enables vehicle diagnostics, driving behavior analytics, location tracking, roadside assistance, and media connectivity)
  • Ear pods and other wireless headphones
  • Chargers

The Bad

• Coverage Gaps
  • Early Termination Fees
  • Expensive Hotspots

Coverage Gaps

Depending on where in the U.S. you live, Sprint's network coverage can be outstanding or poor, so potential customers should closely study Sprint's coverage map prior to signing up to avoid slower download speeds and dropped calls.

Early Termination Fees

The early termination fee (the cost a consumer pays when they cancel their contract early) is something you should be aware of before signing up with Sprint. If you sign up for a 1 or 2-year contract and then decide to change carriers, you must pay a fee for each line of service you signed up with. The fee is prorated based on the length of your remaining term commitment, but depending on how many months you have remaining on your contract, you might end up paying a steep price.

Expensive Hotspots

Standalone hotspots and Wi-fi card plans are expensive with Sprint. The cheapest plan the carrier currently provides is $30/month for 10GB of data. There are also additional fees that can apply with the limited GB data.

The Bottom Line

Sprint has plenty to offer prospective customers, with the most attractive perk being the affordable multi-line smartphone plan pricing. Paying $20/month for smartphone services is almost unheard of.

Is Sprint good? Customer reviews are mixed, reflecting both positive and negative experiences with Sprint's customer service team, terms and conditions, and network coverage. Read the reviews below to decide for yourself.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

2.7

Blessy Devasia

November 13th, 2019 Braselton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company to have a phone service with. I bought the sprint unlimited plan with an I-phone and the dude sold me two, saying the second phone is free with the second line,. Two years later after we pay off the phone they charge me $60 a month for lease!! I would have owned the phone by now if I had just bought the phone separately and had T-Mobile!!!

Michael e Crosby

November 12th, 2019 Phenix City, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is awesome great service hardly ever drop calls better than Verizon and at&t I give a 5 star but should be a 10 star

Tony

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used to have the best coverage available and I had a business line with Sprint. I finally switch as the coverage got worse and the cost got higher.

A

November 10th, 2019 Kaneohe, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ever since I upgraded my phone in Sprint store in Cali in 2017, I have had nothing but problems. 1st of all the leases were put on the wrong phones. 2nd after the fires in 2017 one of the phones burned in the fire along with my family's house and they continued to charge me for 4 phones when I only had 3. 3rd my bills have increased from 180 to 351. Because they are always finding some way to get more $$$ from me. I have called and chatted with customer service for years and all they do is mess things up more!!! I ask them to make changes to my bill to lower the monthly bill but guess what it never truly gets lowered. So apparently my bill is 174 without taxes, with taxes it 211, I'm still paying a ton of money for nothing but horrible reception and horrible cell service and the most horrific customer service I have dealt with. Their "taxes" is just their way of secrecy stealing more from you. I'm done with Sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddi

November 9th, 2019 Ashley, MI

Went to the one in St. John’s, Michigan. My family was helped by Dustin, who was very friendly and explained everything out. Was even willing to stay after for a bit to help us get everything set up. Great customer service

Brittany Wilkinson

November 8th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently visited a Sprint store to find a cord for a cell phone. They customer service was good and I found a cord that I was unable to find at 5 other stores. I would visit them again if needed.

Sandra Faust

November 8th, 2019 Malden, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Expensive the company offers great services and products

Isabella

November 8th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think Sprint has good prices, but I don't get good cell phone service everywhere I go, so that's a downside.

Vincent Carter

November 8th, 2019 Monroe, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great prices, terrible customer service.

Beverly

November 8th, 2019 Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the most part they are great. I have had a few glitches, but they have been quick to help.

Rikki

November 8th, 2019 Midlothian, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint has the worse cell service I've ever had, along with terrible customer service, and over charges. Do yourself a favor and find a better cell provider.

Theodis Vincent

November 8th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor Customer Service, Poor Reception, Poor Network. Failure to follow up with me after I spent over 20 minutes explaining the following issues, billing, poor reception, dropped calls and troubleshooting. After a week and half I called back to follow up and was told the phones were not switched to the 6 month plan so we can keep the phone. The agent said she updated the plan and backdated to September and the 6th payment will be in February 2020 along with a credit.

bryan jones

November 8th, 2019 Marion, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

sprint is the worst company,the reps don't know what they are talking about.I wanted to put another phone on my account,and one of the reps said ok so she activated the phone to my account,but found out that the sims card was not working for my phone so she said to go to a sprint store and get another sims cards.So that's what i did i went to five sprint stores and every sprint store said they did not have a sims card for that phone.So they said call sprint and they will mail a sims card to you,so the next day i called sprint customer service and about 1 hour on being on the phone with them they finally came to the conclusion that their was no sims card for that phone any more,and that their was nothing they can do for me.so number 1 how can they add the phone without the sims card,and two why did they first tell me i can use that phone.So thanks sprint know i am paying for a phone bill and i don't even have a phone that is working.

Eric Smith

November 6th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We didn't last too long with Sprint as coverage was not good in our home, but worked well most places.

Paula B

November 4th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rates are good and very satisfied with service.

Lauren

November 2nd, 2019 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint service was good where I lived, but when traveling I had many issues with the service

Andreea

October 31st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Sprint for 17+ years and overall it has been good until 4 months ago. My phone/network stopped working at my home (where I have lived for 4+ years) and they can not figure out why.Dropped calls, text messages not working or sending 3-5 times of same text while on my end it says not delivered, people calling me but going straight to voicemail, trying to make calls but unable to. Everything is failing. Upgraded to new phone thinking maybe it was the phone. Not so much. For the last 8 weeks I have been dealing with this non stop trying to be patient while they were figure it out and fix the problem. I have talked to at least 10-15 people from customer service, tech support, manager at Sprint store. Did all sorts of tests, reset many things, got a magic box to boost signal(a box that never worked/came online regardless of many troubleshooting with tech support). Nothing. Now, when I have to cancel for no coverage since I have no other options, they are putting it on me saying I have 16 months in contract, even if I tried to canceled during 30 day guaranteed, but they kept trying to try new things before we can do so. They made me believe the problem will be fixed and tried to "save me" since I have been with them for so long. Now it is my fault and responsible for a contract which I would understand if I had coverage, but they can't figure out why I don't. I have been on the phone with them when I dropped the calls, or they tried to call/text and didn't work. All within my grace period. Now it doesn't matter, they want me to pay for the next 16 months for a service that DOES NOT WORK anymore. A contract goes both ways: pay for it while you are getting the service promised, or let me out of contract that I signed 6 weeks ago thinking new phone will work better. Have all the back up with then, they agree it's weird/bs and been dealing with this for a while but they refuse to help me. Very disappointing after 17+ years with them. You would think loyalty would go a lot further but not so much. Been an advocate for Sprint for years, and now I am getting punished for my loyalty and being tricked in believing my problem would be fixed. Shame on you Sprint and your customer service. Your retention people said they will take care of it, tech said they will help me, they didn't, now you want me to pay for a service that DOES NOT work for the next 16 months

Meagan

October 30th, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I regret walking into a sprint store. Especially the Candler rd location in Decatur, GA. A whole bunch of lies and empty promises!!! Your store manager Joe is the worst. He’s no longer at this location but he is terrible!!! Told me I would get my 2 $50 promotion gift cards in 3 months. Haven’t gotten it. Told me I would get $113 pay off balance on a debit card in the mail. Never got it!!! I wish I would have never left AT&T and I am canceling my sprint plan as soon as possible. On top of that. Sat on the phone with sprint customer care for over 2 hours and didn’t get anything resolved!! Connected me to multiple different ppl and nothing got resolved!!! I will tell any and everyone I know to never get sprint y’all are terrible!! Your phone service is terrible. I never have service. Calls are always dropping.. sprint is the worst phone carrier I’ve ever encountered.. DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION!!! They tell you a whole bunch of lies to get you to sign up and it’s empty promises!!! If you’re thinking about getting sprint I would strongly advise you not to!!

Barbara Headd

October 30th, 2019 Syracuse, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was blatantly lied to at Sprint. I was told they would keep my 3 phones for two weeks in the store while I made a decision about their service. Two phones are paid for one is not and has a balance or $400. After a week of dropped calls, terrible sound quality and bad coverage I called to go back to store and get my phones. You guessed it-Phones were sent out and there is no way to track them. They had the audacity to offer me $80 per phone. I am still waiting for a call from a district manager. I am filing a police report as they essentially stole my phones. I am also going to small claims court over this. What a hassle! I was trying to save money being with Verizon but learned the hard way "You get what you pay for" DO NOT GO WITH SPRINT!!! TERRIBLE SOUND AND CONSTANT DROPPED CALLS. AND THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES.

Davina

October 30th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very helpful in getting me into ther phone I wanted

KSCOMOGA

October 30th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The technical part of the company is fantastic however, the sales side doesn't know how to tell the truth or be honest in any way. They will say some thing that is not true at all but it takes me awhile to find out. I put up with them since all my family and extended family's phones work so well. I have been with Sprint since 1998. The reason I choose Sprint was their old name United Telecommunications was my next-door neighbor. If the phone service wasn't flawless, I would not stay with them.

Terri gale

October 30th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Personally I cant stand it. They are over priced and no service

Mercy Larson

October 30th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is horrible. Unwilling or unable to help with any problem(s) I have ever had.

Austin Lauinger

October 29th, 2019 Ortonville, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not only is it the worst coverage it’s also the worst service. I was charged a $500 non disputable charge even though I didn’t even own the phones for 8 and a half months, and I deactivated my account with them. I tried fighting the charges and they sent it to collections anyways. I made over 100 calls to sprint and their different departments in the last year, but everyone gave me the “I can’t do anything, how are you paying us money” even when asked to speak to managers. Highly recommend staying away from this “business” if it could be called that when it’s clearly just a bunch of crooks.

Melissa Riviere

October 27th, 2019 Clarks Summit, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Sprint for 8 years, and their service has been quite reliable. I have an unlimited plan and the rates have not gone over the $90/mo mark in all those years. They are easy to communicate with and very helpful.

Lauryn A

October 25th, 2019 Bristol, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been worn sprint for almost two years now and I am very unhappy with my care!! Way past my upgrade and I had to pay certain fees paid almost $1000 and they told me my bill was $179 monthly but some odd reason I’m paying $370 for prorated plan? Which I was never informed about and a damage fee for a phone they took back and was suppose to be a one time fee but yet I’m still paying it! One thing a loyal customer will pay for their quality and rely on the sales rep to tell them correct information. I was thinking about turning my service off

Laura Vera

October 24th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had questions regarding my service and when I can receive upgrade and I had a very nice and helpful chat with "Irene K". I would just like sprint to know that she/he was very pleasant and very nice even though it was through chat. I would like for sprint to know that she/he is providing wonderful customer service and appraised me for my years with sprint. I also want sprint to know that their is good in the company not just bad comments.

Gideon Dunn

October 24th, 2019 Branson, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One star is far too high of a rating. This company should be closed for fraud. I have been overcharged, lied to, and dismissed for hours on end on customer service calls. And on top of it all, the cell service is literally the worst in the country. They misrepresent ‘good deals’ to get you into a contract. STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT.

Jason Shoemaker

October 22nd, 2019 Harrisonburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is one of the worst places I've ever visit in my life I was told my bill was going to stay the same when I traded in my S9 for an S10 phone turns out I am paying way over $30 more on my bill each month Haven called Sprint store to try to have them fix this for me I got in touch with one person who said they would work with me and try to lower my bill so when they did they said everything would stay the same and they lowered my bill for me but then the next month came I lost my Hotspot all together then I called him back and said what happened it and they act like they didn't see this transcripts which was right in front of them so they try to put me back on my old plan and it charged me an extra $5 on top of that this has been a horrible experience Sprint has been one of the worst companies of ever had to deal with.

Vic

October 22nd, 2019 Lumberton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Prices increased dramatically not as promised. Terrible customer Service. The lady actually called me stupid...need I say more. Sprint is the worst! They don’t even deserve 1 star. Worst business ever!

Baby

October 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think that this company is pretty great for the price we pay, we get unlimited everything which is nice in this day and age but the one thing that kind of bothers me is that I dont really get much service when I go hiking or to some places. Which is inconvenient because that is when you want your cellular data tow work.

Disappointed

October 17th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They only care about new customers and not 16 year customers. I pay for 4 lines no new phones average $380 a month. The phones only last two years and than start havening issues. You pay for insurance average $20 per phone = $80 a month and they want $200 if they say they cannot repair your phone. You are forced to lease phones now no more discounted purchase prices. I have to use WIFI for my cell service s their towers cannot provide adequate service for my area where I live and work. I was in law enforcement for 30 years and depended on being able to be reached by cell. I encountered continuous service problems. If you are a new customer you can get a new phone and unlimited service for $35 per line. Therefore for $140 you get the newest iPhone and unlimited service but for an existing 16 year customer since 2003 you have to pay over $400 for the same. THEREFORE Sprint only cares about new customers.

Nita

October 17th, 2019 Elyria, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is not a good phone store the rip u off by making u pay so much for the phones and on your bill a month. I advise any one looking for a good phone company go somewhere else .they will make u stay collecting phones from them and ur not gonna ever be able to own them and they are a rip off making u pay so much money out the pocket after they screw u up.

nbaker

October 16th, 2019 Evanston, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tired of poor customer service and terrible coverage when I travel abroad, I cancelled my sprint account. Mailed back my perfect-condition phone. Then, one month later I received another bill. After 90 minutes on a chat session, they said it was closed for real. I have the chat transcript to prove it. One month later, I received another bill. Total scam.

Percy

October 14th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is genuinely concerned about issues customers bring up

Amy Boren

October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we were shopping around for phone plans we spent a lot of time at sprint. They have great reception and service, very rarely drop calls. But their family plans were just too expensive so we decided to stay where we are. We would definitely look at them in the future when we need less lines.

Lisa

October 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible cell service.I lose service all the time and its really annoying.

Lucille Adler

October 9th, 2019 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No complaints. I have had only good experiences with them.

tracey

October 9th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

nobody is never on the same page, charges are rediculous

Adam

October 9th, 2019 Rancho Cordova, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Looks like its a good company the network is okay

Kelly Robinson

October 9th, 2019 Montclair, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service. Crappy service and network. Too expensive.

Jodi Dipolito

October 9th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service but cell service especially in my home sucks. Constantly being disconnected with dropped calls, bad static, and talking to my friends and family through a fishbowl sound sucks!!!

LoLo

October 9th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is horrible. Front line people in the stores can't answer questions, phone reps refer you to the store for help any you never get help until you decide to go with another carrier, then they want to help. TOO LATE!!

Cynthia Carman

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint was our first cell phone provider many years ago. I must say that it was nice to have a cell provider that I could be confident was not going to drop my calls every 10 minutes so I could easily communicate with my husband while he was working out of town.

Jami Howell

October 7th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The price is too high for what I get. They've raised their rates on me several times and the service is spotty.

bailey jo

October 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service can some times be spotty but overall it has been a solid company to use.

Ella

October 6th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have sprint, and I am seriously considering switching providers. The prices are great, but it comes at a cost. When my colleagues who have T-mobile had no trouble getting service, my phone seriously struggled making simple calls. Any building I enter blocks my service, and the employees have minimum care or empathy.

Sepideh Soltani

October 4th, 2019 Duncan, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with them is the worst I have ever had in my life. They really deserve a negative rating. Their services is the worst possible. My job requires a lots of communication and making lots of phone calls. During the short period of time that I signed up with them it was so frustrating for me and no one could hear me clearly, I did everything to fix the problem, from checking my device with apple store and through swapping my phone with another new one but Nothing helped. The problem was not because of device it was because of poor services they provide. They left me no other choice than cancelling my services with them. They did not return my Iphone 7 plus and my Kids Iphone 6S ( 2 of them). They told us you have signed to trade your phones and you will not get it back. Since the problem was from their side they should have return our phone or atleast replace it with something for us. But they STOLE our phone. Just with being with them from August 22, 2019 till September 2nd , 2019 we lost hundreds of dollars. I highly DIS- RECOMMEND them. And please do not trough your money away with signing up with them.

October 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had sprint in the past services was ok however as time moved on they seemed to stay in the past with what they offered to current customers. we had new people come into the sprint family and they had some awesome plans but the people that were with them from there inception were grandfathered in at such high costs that it was no longer manageable to pay the bill. no unlimited anything and if you got a new phone once the old one did not work they restarted another contract all over again with the old pricing and now a new phone to pay monthly sorry sprint but it was just to expensive to stay with you.

Carlos

October 1st, 2019 Conyers, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don’t waste you money I am sure that we all have money to spend on other things that’s worth spending your money on.I lease a phone from them in 12/26/17 service was not all that great due to I travel for a living around the country.Called then in May of 2019 and told them I am canceling my service and will be going to another provider.I have been still been getting charge the same monthly fee of $242 and service is off since July and my contract is up this year in December.I am at a $726.00 bill now and I am sure by time December comes around it will be over $1,200 and that’s for one phone not to mention.Its not worth it truly to be honest other service providers have better coverage and will just cut your service and just charge you a fee to end the contract.Went into a store and tried to turn the phone in and my account is lock and they can not take the phone back.Go online and account is block also so just don’t waste your time with corporations like these which is scam artists.