Sprint is a major provider of wireless phone and Internet products and services for individuals and businesses throughout the world and offers the latest smartphone and tablet device technology with 4G LTE data coverage in over 500 cities nationwide.

Founded in 1899 and headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, Sprint now owns Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and the Assurance brands of non-contract providers.

#1 Verizon chevron_right
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Metro Area Network Coverage
  • Multi-Line Service Prices
  • Additional Perks
  • Device Options

Metro Area Network Coverage

Though Sprint's coverage depth and breadth are not as robust as that of the top companies, its coverage is improving in certain areas. Sprint now offers especially fast 4G LTE network coverage improvements in four major U.S. metro areas in preparation for 5G speeds:

• Atlanta, GA (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Denver, CO (over 50 percent faster than previous download speeds)
  • Las Vegas, NV (nearly twice as fast as previous download speeds)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (twice as fast as previous download speeds)

Multi-Line Service Prices

Sprint focuses heavily on serving families or groups of friends that want to go in on a phone account together. The group pricing provides an incentive to add more lines because of the discounts available.

For example, the Unlimited Basic service plan gets you your third, fourth, and fifth lines free, totaling $20/month per line, a price that is very difficult (if not impossible) to find elsewhere for what you get. The carrier claims using its Unlimited Basic multi-line plan actually gives customers a $1000 savings over their first year over certain competitors.

Additional Perks

Sprint's three "Unlimited" plans, Unlimited Basic, Unlimited Plus, and Unlimited Premium, all include these benefits:

• Unlimited talk and text
  • Hulu account
  • Mobile hotspot (500 MB LTE, 50GB LTE, or 100GB LTE)
  • Video streaming (480p, 1080p, or full HD)
  • Canada and Mexico roaming and unlimited talk, text, and data (5GB, 10GB, or unlimited 4G LTE data)
  • Text and data in 200+ worldwide locations

Unlimited Plus includes a Tidal account as well, and Unlimited Premium comes with Tidal, Lookout, and Amazon Prime.

Customers age 55+ or customers who are active military or veterans qualify for specialized Unlimited plans. Data plans for tablets, mobile hotspots, and smartwatches can be purchased, too.

Device Options

New and popular Apple and Android phones and tablet options are available through Sprint. Financing rates are based on credit qualifications, but generally, you can utilize the Spring Flex 18-month lease on a new phone. Pre-owned phones are also available. If your current phone is compatible with the Sprint Network and it is unlocked, you can activate it with a new Sprint account. You do need a SIM card to activate your device.

Sprint also sells other tech product accessories:

• Smartwatches
  • Tablets
  • Hotspots
  • Sprint Drive (enables vehicle diagnostics, driving behavior analytics, location tracking, roadside assistance, and media connectivity)
  • Ear pods and other wireless headphones
  • Chargers

The Bad

• Coverage Gaps
  • Early Termination Fees
  • Expensive Hotspots

Coverage Gaps

Depending on where in the U.S. you live, Sprint's network coverage can be outstanding or poor, so potential customers should closely study Sprint's coverage map prior to signing up to avoid slower download speeds and dropped calls.

Early Termination Fees

The early termination fee (the cost a consumer pays when they cancel their contract early) is something you should be aware of before signing up with Sprint. If you sign up for a 1 or 2-year contract and then decide to change carriers, you must pay a fee for each line of service you signed up with. The fee is prorated based on the length of your remaining term commitment, but depending on how many months you have remaining on your contract, you might end up paying a steep price.

Expensive Hotspots

Standalone hotspots and Wi-fi card plans are expensive with Sprint. The cheapest plan the carrier currently provides is $30/month for 10GB of data. There are also additional fees that can apply with the limited GB data.

The Bottom Line

Sprint has plenty to offer prospective customers, with the most attractive perk being the affordable multi-line smartphone plan pricing. Paying $20/month for smartphone services is almost unheard of.

Is Sprint good? Customer reviews are mixed, reflecting both positive and negative experiences with Sprint's customer service team, terms and conditions, and network coverage. Read the reviews below to decide for yourself.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

2.7

Casdaniel

January 18th, 2020 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I switched from Verizon to Sprint and only had the plan for for a week. Once the phone came in I only used it for 1 day. I only went to sprint because my job was part of the sprint perks were I would get a discount. I called and signed up and asked for the cheapest plan. The guy made sooo many mistakes. He misspelled my name and then added on numerous ad ons that spikes my plan. I made the guy repeat numerous times that my plan with tax would be under 70$ and he assured me it would be. Turns out he signed me up for an expensive plan that would be around 80 a month. Also since he misspelled my name I would have to go into a store to fix it. He sent me an email that said to change my name I would have to submit my license. He charged me a 103$ down payment and when I finally got my phone in the mail it came broken. I also was told that I had to call the customer service line to get the discount. The email I was sent about the discount said to take it to the store. I took it to a sprint store and was told they can’t do anything, she told me to call. My phone bill was showing my first bill as 154$. The woman at the store assured me that it was a mistake and then proceeded to tell me that if I decide to cancel my plan I had to call, not do it there. I called sprint the next day and was told that the first guy was wrong and I learned that the price he quoted me was not anywhere close. I was told it would be 64-68$ total. She said it was 75-80$ a long and then proceeded to tell me that to get the discount I had to do the top plan and my plan didn’t qualify. I literally called to get sprint just because of the discount and the man assured me I would get it. I decided that this point to cancel everything. I asked for a refund and was told I have to go into a store. I literally went through 6 different people before I drove all the way to a corporate store and had to stand in line for 2 hours. I was also told that they have to mail me a check they can’t put it back on my card. I wasted my only 2 days off dealing with this company. I’ve never been so disgusted with a company. I’ve decided to stick with Verizon. Don’t go with sprint, no one would give me an accurate price and no one knows what to do. Even at the corporate store I had to wait for the manager who was helping 3 different people at once. Sprint is a scam, they will take your money and waste your time. I regret trying to switch, and hope no else has to deal with them.

SkylarPickens

January 17th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have sprint and it’s amazing! I have great high speed data everywhere i go! And the costumer service is very helping!

Valentino Cimini

January 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Company is very good service and very helpful

Debbie Fish

January 12th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a long time customer I am for the most happy with sprint. I do not like, however, the fact that only new customers are eligible for the great deals. It’s like they already have you so why reward you. Not very fair.

Robert Paugh

January 10th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer of sprint for several years now. They have great customer service. The coverage is fantastic. i would highly recommend them.

DAVID HADAWAY

January 10th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been with Sprint since 2004 and we couldnt be happier. We have lived all over the country and have never had a coverage issue. The family plan is about the best out there.

Kiara Guerrier

January 8th, 2020 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is not a bad company but sometimes they can have unexpected fees. Service is pretty reliable.

Michael M.

January 8th, 2020 Redmond, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

100% Unsatisfied New Customer Experience Being a new customer with Sprint, in a 2-week span I noticed that the previous wireless company I had provided me with 4G internet speed on my phone, but with Sprint my internet speed downgraded to 3G. So slow that at times I cannot even access my GPS application on my phone. I tried troubleshooting the problem over the phone with no positive results. I then tried to upgrade my phone to see if that would resolve the issue, and I was told I did not qualify. Needless to say, I have wasted countless hours on the phone with management with absolutely no solution to my issue. Having worked in the wireless industry in the past, we would have "Never" let this issue escalated to this point, especially when you bring 5 new lines to a new company, like in my case. I've been a month and a half now with Sprint, and I am already exploring new wireless services with other companies due to the fact that it has clearly been a one-sided relationship with Sprint.

Diego acevedo

January 7th, 2020 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a client for 9 years. Honestly i want to tell everyone thinking about this company to run and find a better option. This company survives month to month based on deceits and lies. It steals from its customers, lies and provides no way out. They lied to me 3 times and over the 9 years and i consistantly looked the other way, however the fourth is the last time. I own 5 lines on this company and as of 1/7/19 i am looking for a better company. I am also looking into a class action lawsuit against sprint for illegaly and without my permission opening a new line on my account. They violated a contract and only offered a way out after i satted i was heading to small claims court. This is not ok on any level. Looking forward to seeing them in court.

Melissa Miller

January 7th, 2020 Stony Brook, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint gets no stars. MY 23 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DIED ON AUGUST 10, 2019 I contacted Sprint and gave them a copy of the death certificate. Since August SPRINT CONTINUES TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH I CALL EVERY MONTH and have to relive the horrific experience to some Sprint customer service person who does nothing to help me. In fact, this month they took more than the agreed contract amount. Furthermore, the company has taken advantage of my situation as I am grieving the loss of my child. I never thought such a company would have absolutely no social or professional conscience. HIGHLY DISGUSTED WITH THIS COMPANY'S UNETHICAL CONDUCT.

Janneth

January 6th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I been with sprint for 5 years or more. I haven't encounter any issues with the company. I have three lines and I pay s decent amount. The only reason I'm giving four stars because I haven't found a good deal to upgrade my phones. I want to pay same or close to what I'm paying right now with new phones. When upgrading phones I recommend yo get it from Best Buy not from sprint store.

Cindi

January 6th, 2020 Lexington, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a great experience ever time i call for help

LJ

January 6th, 2020 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's average, custmer service is horrible.

Kristi Knudson

January 4th, 2020 East Grand Forks, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could give Sprint a big fat zero because that's what they deserve. They're the worst phone company I've ever dealt with ever! do not sign up for auto-pay because they will rip you off and then it will make excuses to why they are not wrong. I've given up on Sprint I'm getting a lawyer and they're going to get sued.

karis buggs

January 3rd, 2020

The price is okay but the service is very poor. It may be average in some areas and horrible in others. Not worth the money.

Suzanne mason

December 30th, 2019 East Northport, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible company. Every month I am paying a different amount with no explanation. I returned a phone in June and I am still waiting for my credit. The first time I called I was told I would see the credit within 24hrs. Called 5x and put on hold for 30 minutes until I hung up each time. We are now almost in January. Ridiculous. Still nothing from this company.

Sean

December 28th, 2019 Baldwin, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is one of the worst cell phone providers ever I can never go anywhere and rely solely on my service I have to try and search for WiFi this sprint phone is honestly just good for barely making phone calls

Ladejah

December 23rd, 2019 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give you no stars I would absolutely worst phone company to have my account have been hacked twice because they let people into my account without my permission I never received my gift card because they sent to the wrong address and was told it was my fault the card was already used in I needed to file a police report to have it disputed after talking on the phone to 6 different agents getting different answers every time then my phone nearly works cause they network just sucks like they worse then metropcs if I could back to them I would because no customer should have deal with sprint bull they don’t even need to be a phone company need to go learn how to run their business the right way don’t even get me started on how extremely expensive there bills are an can’t even explain a damn bill to me I work for Verizon customer care in never in my life I have handle my customer how sprint do I have hung on multiple reps took multiple survey and they best option was for me to continue to pay my monthly bill n it would decrease what kind of bull is that because it’s been getting higher every month n nothing even changed on my account

Lou

December 16th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchase a phone in October 2019.They had the promotion of $100 Walgreens gift card, I didn't get the card later they say because I change my plan after a month, now I didn't qualify. There was mo mention of all of this when I bought the phone, this was told after waiting weeks for card. First they said I would get it then said no. Then they charge me more than I should have been charged twice. They gave me a small credit but not sufficient. Customer service is awful! They never get anything correct! I finally went to a store and a young man name Marc A help me and he did an excellent job!! He has been the only bright spot in having this phone from Sprint!! If I could change service without penalty I would! Stay away from this company until they learn what they are doing!!!

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

Never has service!!!! When I had Sprint, the only time I had service was when I was connected to wifi. DO NOT GET!

mike a xavier

December 13th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The WORST!!!! ZERO Stars!!! Inferior Cell Signal creating a.non use situation with my phone: NO RECEPTION!!!!! Called for months with promises of 'new towers' being built! Disputed charges with credit card company and got refund from credit card company but was threatened with Collections by SPRINT!!!!! Had SPRINT for over 18 years at the time; so much for any loyalty!!!! Paid the amount back; wasn't even about to ruin my 830+ FICO Score for these Fools!!!!

Angie Burnett

December 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using Sprint for over 12 years. I have no had any issues. There are some areas near me where cell reception is poor, but that is for everyone regardless of cell phone carrier. Calls never drop, and prices are very reasonable.

Tyler

December 12th, 2019 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ABSOLUTE worst company I ever had to deal with. Hands down the absolute worst and their customer support is a laughable joke. Had sprint for 10 days , and it was the worst service I ever experienced. On day 1 I had 75% of my calls get dropped and my internet speed was .40MBPS (even my iMessages wouldn’t send) I called into customer service on day 1 of having sprint and a tower was down in my area and it was gonna be 3-5 days before they got it fixed. I understood that and gave them a chance . On day 8 , I called again and they said the tower was up and running fine but my calls would continue to get dropped and internet speed jumped to a whopping .78 mbps I gave it 2 more days and it only got worse. I returned the phone and cancelled everything on their “30 day satisfaction guarantee” yeah that was a joke. I first was told I would get all my money back in 3-5 business day. It’s now about 20 business days an entire month and they can’t seem to refund me my money. But it got worse. After 14 days of cancelling everything they charged me $120 for no apparent reason and nobody knows why and they ALSO cannot return that apparently . It’s been over a month , I have 3 open cases and still no return. JOKE OF A COMPANY BUYERS PLEASE BEWARE OF. THIS COMPANY IS CROOKED AS IT GETS

Christine A

December 11th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was warned about using Sprint for my service, I wish I would have listened. Very rigid and horrible customer service. They absolutely do not care about their customers. I honestly don't understand how they're still in business. I would imagine it won't be long...Worst service I've ever had. Save yourself the time, money and headache. Find service elsewhere!

RANDEEP SINGH

December 11th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stay away from Sprint please , Sprint will over charge you on their unlimited phone plan , you will be on phone every month trying to adjust your bill , Sprint will put it on your credit report , please stay away from Sprint .

Doug Schartiger

December 10th, 2019 Shelby, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is no way to put into words how disappointed we are with Sprint. I have made some terrible decisions in life, but switching to Sprint nears the top of the list. Our service could not be worse and we compare it to a prison sentence. Far too many times we have not been able to get in touch with our children which is unacceptable in today's society and Sprint will do nothing about it other than offer to let me buy out our contract for thousands of dollars. PLEASE BEWARE AND STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE ANY REAPONSABILITY AT ALL!

Amanda

December 10th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

Sprint has great service in most areas and the customer service has always been great!

Sergey Dunn

December 8th, 2019 Columbiana, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Sprint for a long time. I went to switch phones for a black Friday special. Everything went great switching over and no problems with sprint workers. But I switched phones on November 30th. I was told I had to call sprint customer service to cancel my old phone which I did. Since I canceled it at the beginning of December I was told I had to keep my old plan for my old phone the entire month of December and was charged for both phones in December. I was also told I got a promotion for a galaxy watch that was supposed to be half off but was then told it takes a few months for promotion to activate. I'm will not be going back to sprint after my 18 month. I wonder if Verizon charges customers for phones they dont use.

Alan P

December 5th, 2019 Marble Falls, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Sprint for 1 week and I am DONE with them! I was with Verizon before and I thought their service was bad.....boy was I wrong! With Sprint my internet barely works and I can barely make a call from my home. I NEVER had a problem making a call with Verizon. Sprint has the "Magic Box" that is supposed to boost you signal but they keep giving me the run around. I called to order my 1st one Nov 28th and the lady said she would have it overnighted to me so I should see it Friday the 30th. It didn't show up. I called Dec 1st and they had no record of it being sent so they apologized and said we'll overnight one to you. This one showed up but the unit is faulty. So after a bunch of time spent with worthless technical support that didn't call back like they promised I again had to call them and complain. Again I got an apology and "we'll overnight one to you". Guess what? It should have been here today and nothing shows up again! I'm so frustrated with Sprint right now. I think tomorrow I will take all this new stuff back to Sprint and return it. The other bad thing is all the Black Friday deals are over and I gambled on Sprint. Now I'll have to go back to Verizon and pay hundreds more than I would have last week just because I tried the wrong wireless company. Sprint sounded like a great deal but their service absolutely sucks!!!

Juan

December 4th, 2019 Beaver, PA

If i could give 0 stars i would. MY gf had sprint she just got on a plan with tmobile with me because her phone bill was 150 a month for 1 phone! when we tried to switch sprint refused to provide her account number so we could switch. I spent over 20 minutes on the phone begging for the account number i had to hang up and call back.

Jalina

December 1st, 2019 Nazareth, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The employees ripped my boyfriend off on multiple occasions. The worst time was when they sold us a tablet that we were not originally going to buy. The manager said he could give us the tablet for free and just pay the service. Once realizing that the bill was so high, we saw that they had been charging for the tablet and there were a bunch of extra expenses as well. This is the sprint at Northampton Crossings Easton/Nazareth highway PA. They did not own up to their lies and the whole experience was horrible.

Lorna Sommers

December 1st, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was great until about 6 months ago. I'm always getting messages from my apps that the network is unavailable. They said I needed a magic box and I've been trying to get it for 3 months. I hate calling them because I wind up spending an hour on the phone getting put on hold and transferred around. The customer service is polite but not effective.

Roman Christiansen

November 29th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Sprint as a phone plan omg he past and it was a great carrier! The service was amazing everywhere and the staff helping me set up my phone were very nice!

Larson

November 27th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It has been a while since I’ve had in the spring as a customer. I have used Sprint in the past and found it difficult to get service and to meet the needs of my company.

Krake25

November 25th, 2019 Winder, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If i could it would be negative number. I left sprint 10 days after my billing cycle and they're trying to charge me for a whole month of service. I will be telling everyone i know not to get service through sprint. I will never come back to sprint.

Jon Robinson

November 24th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a lot of challenges with Sprint cell service. The coverage was very spotty and I encountered so many dead spots in the service. Customer service was great and tried to help me multiple times, but we could never find a resolution.

Jayleen Cutler

November 23rd, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to Sprint, after being lied to about monthly charges, I was supposed to pay $55 plus taxes...i was billed $85 the first month which I paid and then I cancelled. I did so within 30 days, yet not only did I NOT receive credit for my $85 payment I started receiving collection notices! I was given different info every time I spoke with someone with Sprint but never the truth. I finally filed a complaint with the FTC.

Tom Gourley

November 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Sprint provided me with reasonable customer service when I was looking for a new carrier but they were more expensive than others. Additionally, their nationwide coverage isn't as good as the competition. They seem to have more "dead spots" in their reception than many.

William Monday

November 21st, 2019 Knoxville, TN

I have dealt with Sprint since I was 17 and got a Samsung phone after my old one broke and they helped me get a new phone for a few dollars. They also helped me switch an IPhone that my father had from his job to my number.

MT

November 19th, 2019 Stockbridge, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall good service, hard to get some answers.

Alex Danielson

November 18th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a Sprint customer for many years and haven't had any issues until now. Their customer service has been great, but their cell coverage has been very intermittent and inconsistent.

Kaydence Bonino

November 18th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used to be with sprint but switched over to verizon due to a lot of dropped calls. We are paying more but it is worth the extra money.

Lily

November 18th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint is good. It has good deals for new customers. Prices are also good. I really liked sprint.

Caroline

November 16th, 2019 Germantown, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for many years and although this may not be the cheapest plan for all, I find or to be very reliable. Everyone is quite professional and I have the utmost respect for this provider. In this ever changing technology driven world keeping up levels of excellence is very challenging. Thank you for keeping up your standards.

jarobb

November 15th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sprint has been the worst. company I have ever had to deal with. I would give them 0 stars if it was an option. they offered promotions when we first signed that "expired" and we were never told they expired. if ever spoken to on the phone they were always short and never any help with explaining or helping us understand the bill. this is why we switched to Verizon, we were explain everything about our bill before we signed, had wonderful customer service, and Verizon has made us so happy in the short time we have been with them. the bill is only about $10 more per person but is well worth the money to get the new phone, unlimited service, and much better customer service. they even offered an inconvenience credit when we had issues getting our phones and bill right. sprint has never offered this nor given a first time fee waived. they come up with charged ive never seen on any other network and are no help when we had issues with our phones, service, or bill. BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE IVE EVER HAD!

Jone F.

November 15th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A lot of false advertising on their part, and overpriced for the quality of service!

Melanie

November 15th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM

Spring has great coverage for cell phones and also pays for annual AAA emergency roadside service, which is a great thing!

Sandra

November 15th, 2019 Dayton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m not very satisfied with my spring program right now customer service is always horrible and the plans just aren’t for me anymore the worst part is they trick you with the iPhone forever plan and then once you want a new iPhone you have to wait for everything to cancel out so you don’t end up spending more money

Kathryn Robinson

November 15th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I decided to try Spring as a cell phone provider, but it only lasted 2 years (due to my contract). The coverage was really spotty and I frequently dropped calls. I tried a number of suggestions from customer service to enhance my coverage, but nothing seemed to work. I liked the price and packages they offered, but it just wasn't worth it because of the poor coverage.

David Hawley

November 14th, 2019 Crossville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are thieves and liars! We signed up for a plan that was for up to 5 lines for $100 a month. Plus the payments on the phones which would take 24 months and we would own them. We actually only put 3 lines/3 phones on the plan. Our bill was around $210 every month but when we got our phones paid off we were to pay only the $100 a month. Well lo and behold after 18mo our bill mysteriously increased to $350 a month. Excuse me!? We can not understand for the life of us why the increase no matter how many times we call and they tell us “the charges are valid”. Now that’s it been 24 months we want to own our phones like they said and go to another company. They say we were only leasing our phones and we don’t own them. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!???!!! They have robbed us hand over fist and now are stealing our phones that we have MORE than paid for. Whatever you do DO NOT SIGN UP WITH SPRINT! PS They’re service is also pretty spotting. I drop calls all the time:-(