Consumer Cellular Logo

Consumer Cellular

Is This Your Business?

6.2

Thu Tran Omaha, NE

Consumer cellular is very bad in service customers, We lost the phone , Tried to call them , no answer the phone , we tried to chat no ' answer , But they continue to send us a bill asking for payment, They seem do not care what happen to customer , when we lost phone we worry someone will use the phone to do some thing wrong They seem do not care just want to collect money. My case having someone one used ,our phone but I can not find the destination for the call .We call back and forth several times customer service said , any way you should pay by the end of the date you call , Actually we did not use the phone until the date they charged us . It is very bad service , Nerve used Consumer Cellar. Terrible !!!

Susan Eggert La Crosse, WI

As a wisconsin resident they failed to tell you that one of there main carriers is ATand T. ATT does not work well in the state of Wisconsin. My reception was terrible!!! I had 50 minute commute to work and never had any decent service. Only in a major metropolitan city could you get decent reception or service. And there customer service, IT SUCKS!

WSTC_Army_68W Sacramento, CA

Poor customer service and poor reception. I prefer to check and compare because when it comes to phone companies, none are really that special or unique. They offer us two things, price and connectivity. Price seems ok but not good or great. Secondly, they rely on the ATT network. So my son has service with ATT and when we are doing stuff, we frequently compare coverage or talking at the same place at the same time. We also both have iPhone 6s Plus. I almost always have between zero and one bar. While he has four bars. And when we call someone, mine is cutting in and out constantly and his sounds great. Obviously, there is a difference between how Consumer Cellular customers are treated compared to actual ATT customers. They also try to nickel and dime you constantly. Not great price, poor service, very poor customer service.

Teresa Barnes Newport, TN

Consumer Cellular sucks bought a brand new phone from them 2 weeks ago they never could get my phone activated transferring it from Verizon all they did is point fingers at Verizon and never got my phone turned on so I ended up having to send a brand new phone back to them two weeks later because they couldn't get it turned on they lied to me and told me that when I sent it back it was brand-new that I would instantly get my money back because it was never really used now that they got the phone back as of yesterday today they tell me it's going to take five to seven more business days to inspect the phone because now I won't get my money back until they do an inspection on it and that could take anywhere from five to seven business days which means it could be a couple of more weeks before I get my money back they do nothing but lie lie lie they teach their people their customer service representatives to lie to you I do not appreciate it it's definitely not good customer service and their service sucks I've heard nothing but complaints they even admitted to me that they get back a hundred refund situations per day what does that tell you I certainly don't doubt that that's the only truth they did tell me is they have to process hundreds every day of refund must be a reason y'all don't waste your time

Marie Juneau, AK

Everything was a hassle, including: *they input the wrong number for porting which made everything take forever *hold times to speak with someone are extreme (hours long), and there is no other way to contact them, and they require calls for everything. *I bought a phone from them that doesn't work right. Because they messed up my number repeatedly, I didn't realize this within the 30 day period and they wouldn't take it back/ make it right *poor coverage (though that's not really their fault - they're just AT&T) *using my social security number for password, ID. That may be more convenient than remembering another password, but it sure seems risky for identity theft reasons. *they didn't mention the taxes and extra fees, so these many hours are wasted because I'm just switching back to my original carrier - there was zero savings and this isn't worth it. So now I'm on hold waiting for someone at Consumer Cellular to answer the phone to cancel my contract with them. Basically, this is a rinky-dink company that is crap. The only good thing I can say is that all the representatives were pleasant people.

TIna Wilder Phoenix, AZ

NOT WORTH THE HASSELL!! My 80 year mother living in a senior living facility bought basic flip phone in July from Target. She's had nothing but issues with the phone freezing up, getting really hot and not working for days. She's called customer service multiple times they finally told her to take it back to Target to have it looked at. We went to target and they reset the phone by removing the battery and restarting, it still continued to freeze weekly. She called customer multiple more times. On October 2 2020 I called customer service with her and was walked through taking battery out to reset it again. We were told if it happens again she could get a replacement phone we just had to call back. I called today October 17th as her phone froze again yesterday and she could not use it or an entire day. I was told that we had to repeat the battery removal rest, wait 24 hours before we could call to see about replacing the phone because the prior resent was longer than 10 days prior. We were NEVER informed we had a 10 day limit and I asked what do we do when its happens again! I was told just call as they made a note in her account that she's had issues from the start! Since she lives in a senior complex, I don't have easy access to her right now with covid, and can't see her daily and can't keep dealing with her new phone not working and this has been going on since July! So I contacted my phone carrier AT&T this morning. In 5 minutes, They added her to my account for the same price as Consumer Cellular $20 a month and are overnighting me a new flip phone for her for only $10! Now that's real customer service!!! So long Consumer Cellular wish I could say it was pleasant dealing with you!

Bear Pocatello, ID

My husband and I have experienced so many difficulties, lack of integrity, honesty, fraud, and blatant unprofessional problems with Consumer Cellular, we have moved to another cell phone company that values their customers. We reached out to the executive staffed multiple times with no response and no resolution to our problems. Their entire team should be retrained in ethics, leadership and integrity working with clients, and retrained on their system to research and properly help a customer before upsetting customers and speaking untruths on a recorded line. Very terrible company and there are thousands of consumers reviews that have experienced the same issues as we have. Their awards are joke.

Scott Ebright Cary, NC

My Doro 7090 But now add to your list of problems with this phone and service: The replacement telephone sent to me (my new phone had to be returned within 10 days of arrival because guess what....Yup! The phone FREEZES up all the time.) So when the replacement phone arrived, I was surprised to see some sort of weird black and white modern art picture showing on the monitor on the outside of the phone. I just ignored it for a week since it did not interrupt making phone calls. But when I recently sent that phone back to CC to cancel service entirely, they shipped it right back to me saying that the display window on the cover WAS CRACKED!! So that means when I saw a black and white weird modern art photo, that was actually the defective crack in the monitor making the pixels create an ugly photo. Consumer Cellular sent me a DEFECTIVE PHONE to begin with!!!! And now they expect me to EAT the loss of $50.00!!!

Bethany Bacon Lakeville, MN

Comsumar Cellular is the best cell phone company ever. They are extremely helpful and knowlegable with customer service; they genuinely care about their customers.

Beth Butler Hot Springs Village, AR

So far so good. I have just signed up. From what I have been able to learn the prices are amazing. Appears that coverage is excellent. I am looking forward to have a less expensive phone. No contract either!

Rocatta Tait Norfolk, VA

Transferring service from T-Mobil to CC was incredibly difficult. It took literally hours on the phone, 1 new phone, and 3 SIM cards. The customer service reps failed to return calls or follow up and wait times were extensive. Since then I have been very pleased with CC ability to provide quality phone service at 2/3 the cost.

Joe Flo Taylorville, IL

My experience with Consumer Cellular was a cluster flop. They sent me 3 cards and none of them worked. After 5 weeks the phone wouldn't turn on and they wouldn't stand good on it, they said it was only warranted for one month, I said I don't want this POS!!!

Joe Parker Kingston, TN

This company is great. We've been with them for about 6 years now, and every so often, they will increase our plan data limits with no increase in costs. Their plans are very affordable, better than any major carrier I've seen. Their coverage is also good, not like the big guys, but I've never not had a signal when I needed one.

Howard Boulder, CO

I bought an iPhone 7Plus from Consumer Cellular and have had trouble since the beginning with voice clarity. There is so much interference sometimes that I have to hang up and try again. I suspect that I was sent a used phone, though I cannot prove that. Although there is a year's warranty on the phone dealing with Consumer Cellular staff is a real hassle. They may as well not exist. One person told me once that I only have a 9 month warranty! this is obviously untrue as I have the warranty in formation for one year. They asked me to replace the SIM card on the phone, which I did, but the disturbance on calls is still there. They now want me to call on another phone so they can wipe my phone clean. I am hesitant to do that because I am not sure that will solve the issue. Even if they everything clean, I will still have the same phone. Very frustrating. I would not recommend doing business with this provider.

Jane Tallahassee, FL

I have had Consumer Cellular for over 10 years and have always been very happy with the service. I recently had to replace my phone (a DORO). When I got the new phone, I found that several of the features had changed...and not for the best. With the previous phone, if a caller was in my Contact List, it showed the Contacts name so I always knew who was calling. If it just showed a number, I would just ignore the call since they were usually unwanted sales calls or crank calls. If it was important, they could leave a voicemail. With the latest model, it only shows the phone number so 1) you have to know every contact number and be able to recognize it, 2) you can not answer and hope they leave a voice message, or 3) you can answer what is probably not a caller you don't want to waste time talking to. With the previous model, you could delete records of calls received with one selection. With the latest model, you have to perform 6 separate steps to delete the call record. On my phone, I have to delete the same calls multiple times over several days before they finally stop showing up (example-today {a Tuesday}, it shows calls that were deleted last Wednesday and Thursday--I didn't get calls between last Thursday and today). I called customer service today to find out if there were settings I could change to get the previous features. I talked with the rep for a while. Then she wanted to research something and said she would call back in 10 minutes. She never called back. I would like to be able to write a letter to Consumer Customer but am unable to find an address for the company. I am very dissatisfied with the updated phone and may just switch to another company.

T Forgette Pleasant Valley, NY

We have used Consumer Cellular for about 6 years. We have never had a problem with them. My wife has a smart phone, I have a 6 year old flip phone and we use the home phone service from them. My service for all 3 are less than $80 a month that includes unlimited calling, long distance, 2 GB data, etc. Cell service is the best.

Richard Overland Park, KS

The service works well and is much less expensive than my previous AT&T plan. The AT&T customer service (Overseas) became just horrible so I switched. Consumer cellular service is all US based and my experience has been positive so far. The only downside is to get international coverage, the phone needs to operate on the T-Mobile network (you will need a T-Mobile SIM card) and you need to place a $50 deposit with the company, from which your international charges will be deducted. Hopefully they will expand their coverage to include AT&T For international roaming in the future.

Kathleen Iowa City, IA

I have had Consumer Cellular for 4 years and loved it. This year I bought an iPhone 8 from CC because CC said it now provided phone service oversees. I went to Switzerland and Italy, and my phone NEVER had phone service, unless it was connected to wi-fi. I called CC twice from Rome and received completely incompetent suggestions from Customer Service. One rep told me that I was likely in an area that was not covered. I replied I had been all over the city of Rome and never had service. If oversees travel is important to you, go with another company. By the way, CC uses T-mobile lines in Europe. I checked T-mobile service in Rome -- customers report being very happy with coverage. so, something was not right with my phone, and I could not get a Customer Service rep to help. In 6 months, I will shift companies.

Muriella

The customer is very nice but some of them are not trained very well. In my case when I called to switch, I informed them I lived in a rural area and had no cell service at my home with my current carrier. I told them the hamlet I live in is a known dead zone. I am dependent on wifi calling when at my home. So they send me an ATT sim card and ATT for some antediluvian reason won't support wifi calling. ATT DOES NOT have cell service in my area either. So now my family and my work have no way to contact me. Consumer Cellular said they would send me a T Mobile sim xard because they support wifi. Why didn't they do that in the beginning? Also sending pics is not supported, even when I am on the ATT cell. If you live in an urban area Consumer Cellular would be ok, but if you are in a rural area with known dead zones, I would not reccomend CC.I hope T Moblie better or I will cancel my CC account.

Woody Locust Dale, VA

Until recently I was very pleased with Consumer Cellular (CC). My wife and I were planning a trip to Europe so we called CC to get a recommendation on keeping one of our cellphones fully functional. The customer service rep recommended I go to a local Target (20 miles away) and get a universal sim card. I did just that and came back home to get the sim card activated for use overseas. The rep activated two of the three features (downloads, texts) that would work over the T-Mobile network there. When we got to Europe my wife’s phone did not work as promised. She had to be tied to a local wireless network in order to text, so it was next to worthless. When I got home I called CC and told them about it. They apologized, but did not offer a real excuse. So I told them to let me put the old CC sim card in and they led me thru the process. The clincher is that the card takes up to 72 hours to get provisioned. So far, her phone has been an exercise in frustration for almost two weeks. What a mess!

Cir5or Hagerstown, MD

Love love love this company! Half the price I was paying at AT&T, great customer service and the exact same coverage. And they just added more data to my plan at no additional charge! All this without being roped into a contract. I have recommended them to my friends, my kids and my parents all of whom are very happy.

Manny Katz Redwood City, CA

In trying to transfer a service (ie do a port) from Credo Mobile to Consumer Cellular, and using a current iPhone, they sent us a new SIM card for their network. The card did not work and produced no service. Upon calling CC, they told us that they needed an account number and PIN number from Credo. Well, I said, why did you send us the SIM card before getting this information; as it stood, the SIM card was useless. They told ME to call Credo, which was not for me, as a new customer, to do. They needed to get the porting info before sending me the card. They failed. They asked me for the account number and PIN, not even knowing that CREDO doesn't use PIN numbers. VERY BAD SERVICE.

Larry and suella baird Sun City, AZ

We went to a target and though they didnt have the newer phone for seniors they told us of the new model doro 7050. It is much better in dusplay and easy yse than older phone. So we went to the company web site to purchase the phone. It was not listed as an option. Only the older doro. I chatted with a Rep from consumer cellular. He saud tgey wont offer the newer midel phone exceot at target...lttough the targets here dont have it...until they sell all tbe older model. This us just not acceptable. They are basically concealing the fact there is a much better phone forcing seniors to buy the old model thats not very user friendly. My husband had the older model and so we know about it.

Daniel Ward Meridian, MS

Excellent service, you can stay, and we will stay, or leave anytime. Excellent rates. They lower rates as needed if you you don't use minutes or will advise you to chnage if it is on ly for a month, then go back to previous rate. Excellent all the way around, not to mention the excellent phone coverage area.

Georgia Brazzell Cantonment, FL

We have just begun service with CC so cannot comment on long term, but with set up, cost of phone, Samsung Galaxy J7 and estimated monthly cost, it is exactly what we are looking for and cheaper than what we had. CC has already emailed and called to see if they can do anything else for us at this time. Just gave 4 stars because don't have long term experience with CC.

Jaci Rhoades Bryant, AR

I signed my parents up for this cell service. For my father, mother, and uncle the bill every months is less than $100. a fraction of the cost I was playing before. Understand, this cell phone services is for people over a certain age to quality. You get to pick your own cell phone nothing too complicated. They have unlimited text service, unlimited calls, and internet access.

Aunt Cathy Bay Saint Louis, MS

I set my mom up with them, to help save her money. The customer service was awesome and talked me thru changing out the sim card in her old one. Then we had a few issues getting everything to work, they hung in there with me. You can't beat a $23 monthly bill for unlimited talk. She doesn't text or use wifi. Has a flip phone.. Now on to AT&T to let them know why we changed her over to CC..

David Griffeth Hoschton, GA

Consumer Cellular = terrible Consumer Cellular = terrible. Run away. Just don't do it. Their customer service is the worst: 20 minute hold times to get customer service reps that can't or won't help you resolve any issues. Their coverage is terrible. Their data is artificially throttled on AT&T's network - you can put an AT&T phone beside a Consumer Cellular phone and the AT&T phone will be 10x faster. When you try to port out to a different carrier, they will hold your phone hostage. Run away.

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

I purchased this service for my brother. The price is good and the products are adequate. They are a no frills kind of company, but perfect for seniors!

George Head Brookfield, MO

Been with them since right after they started advertising. This is a great cell phone provider. No one beats their rates and service.

Betsy G Elmwood Park, IL

I've been with Consumer Cellular for years and have rarely called. I've ordered new phones from them, and had questions on invoices and everything has been handled well enough. Now, their Customer Service has declined to where they must be putting reps o the phones with zero training. I ordered a new phone from CC on August 17. The order has been totally screwed up and the reps I've spoken with each give a conflicting story on what the policy is and have offered zero help to resolve the problem . When the new phone I ordered from CC was shipped from the CC warehouse in Portland, OR I began tracking the shipment for its arrival. On the promised delivery date, I could see the phone had been delivered to a wrong address. I called CC immediately to see if they could intercept the shipment and have it redirected (CC ships with USPS.) I said I needed my phone - the CC rep could see that the phone had gone to the wrong city - could they redirect that phone or recall that phone and send me a new phone. "No" I was told: "You have to wait for PO to attempt delivery several times, and then the PO would return the phone to the Portland warehouse." I said this could take weeks - or even months. The CC rep said there is nothing else they can do except wait for the undeliverable phone to come back. The CC rep said I could buy another phone and they would try to ship it to me again - this time they would try to get the shipping address right. And then when the mis-shipped phone finally came back to them, they would credit my account. This was over $800 I would be out - waiting for a phone and waiting for CC to try to get my address right. This was not a reasonable solution. The next day, I went to Target to buy a CC phone . This way I'd have a working phone right away, wouldn't have to wait weeks for the first phone to be returned to Portland and then reshipped to me, and wouldn't have to pay for a second phone that CC might ship to the wrong address again. The Target tech guy was great and got the same phone I had ordered. He went to activate the new phone The Target rep had a problem completing the activation and had to call CC. The CC rep said I cannot buy another phone or activate another phone - I have to wait for the phone that was shipped to the wrong address to be returned and then CC will ship it to me again. The Target rep could not believe what he was hearing and neither could I. We kept on putting the CC rep on hold so the Target guy could talk to me and ask "what is this guy talking about?????? I've never heard of anything like this." Both myself and the Target rep tried to speak with the CC rep because the CC policy of me not being able to buy or activate any phone until the misshipped phone turned up - it didn't make any sense. Finally, after about 40 minutes Target and I gave up, and I left the store without a new phone. The next day - Sunday - I received some emails from friends asking what's wrong - they have been trying to call me and my phone's not working. I tested my phone - "No cellular network". I called CC again. After trying to figure out what was wrong with my old phone (an ASUS) the CC rep said "did you try to buy a phone at Target yesterday?" I told her "Yes - but we could not activate it because the CC rep said I could not buy a new phone, I had to wait for that phone that went to the wrong address to go back to Portland and then be shipped out again" This CC rep said "That's crazy. I don't know why he told you that. You can get a new phone whenever you want and as often as you want. and we will activate if for you." This new rep said that the CC rep from yesterday had de-activated my old phone (my ASUS) - so now I had no phone at all. She said they were showing the Target phone as partially activated. I told her I did not buy that phone because the CC rep would not allow Target to complete the activation. I said I have to have a working phone and that I needed my old phone. She said re-activation would take up to 48 hours. So they can instantly deactivate a SIM card without telling the customer, but it takes 48 hours to reactivate a paying customer? She said there is nothing she could do. This must be the phrase that CC customer service reps practice again and again - because all 4 CC reps I spoke to kept telling me "there is nothing I can do." This all sounds unbelievable, I know. It's unbelievable to me that any company would ship goods to a wrong address, where they can see the "Ship To" address is not as on the original order, and then tell a customer of many years "there's nothing we can do". I can't switch my service today - I need phone service like most of us do. But I'm leaving Consumer Cellular after many years : I had to hold in excess of 30 minutes to speak with a rep each time, then when you get a rep - they don't know ANYTHING so they make stuff up, their "policies" are unbelievable - I can't buy a new phone??? I have to wait for the PO to send back a misshipped phone???? they deactivate my SIM card??? I must have spoken with the anti-customer service department.

Alan Horwitz Huntington, WV

Consumer Cellular has absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE for its consumers. Nearly 4 months into the pandemic, they still tell you to expect a 15 minute wait for a customer service representative because of "high call volume. I've twice waited over an hour before giving up. I tried to get a temporary password sent by email in order to access my account, but the web page refused to accept my cell number when I entered it. I tried getting help from the chat service, but was placed #88 in a slow moving queue. I simply am unable to obtain help in real time in downgrading my plan from the automatic upgrade for exceeding 250 minutes of usage on a busy month. High call and high chat volume? Consumer Cellular has had 4 months to work this out! There's a HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT RATE with people who NEED JOBS! Instead of HIRING people to staff your costumer service department to meet the demand, Consumer Cellular continues to spend aggressively on TV ads showing satisfied older customers. if every one of those old folks in the commercials answered a customer call as often as I see them on TV , I bet there would be no wait for service. I'm one of those older customers and I can't afford to spend a hapless hour waiting for help each time I get up the energy to try again! I will find another provider with a real customer service department.

Kelley Stevens Huntington Beach, CA

Switched from AT&T to Consumer Cellular. Could not make or receive calls from home. Made 5 calls to customer service. Finally had someone at CC reset something (perhaps my priority), now I can make and receive calls at home. Have been warned, I need to monitor and call back if this changes. Should I anticipate no reception again? Seems so. Want wi-fi calling to ensure this is not a problem in the future? Have to go to Target, spend more $ to get a new SIM card to switch from the AT&T network to T-Mobile. BUT, it will use time from the CC plan. So, the point of wi-fi calling is what? The old adage, "you get what you pay for", seems to apply.

Ryan Kulawiak Traverse City, MI

Cheap plan prices, many basic and high end phones. Target and online sales options. Mobile app lets you pay bill and look at usage. If you need a lot of technical support, no company is good in my opinion.

Don Mesa, AZ

Switched to CC and brought our phones with us from AT&T on 10/29/2019. It was simple, it was easy and Tech Support was excellent. I was up and running in less than an hour. Our plan is so much cheaper than before. Loving it

Ann Graves Greensboro, NC

I left AT& T hoping I would never have to deal with them again. But Consumer Cellular uses their towers. I have been without answering machine service now for at least a week, because there is a problem with AT& T's towers. None of the customer service reps. have any idea when the answering service will be repaired. This IS NOT GOOD customer service.I have no idea how many important calls I have missed.

CowboyAl O'Fallon, MO

I am extremely disappointed in the coverage of Consumer Cellular. I have been a customer for quite a number of years because it is inexpensive. However, whenever I get into rural areas, I almost always lose service. Even just outside my city (St Louis) is a shooting range....where I lose service. I lose service when visiting mom in rural central Illinois, family in rural Wisconsin, traveling through rural Arkansas and Texas. Sure makes my iPhone GPS undependable. However.... I do praise the voice clarity, am satisfied with uploads and downloads, and love the price. My cost would double to go to most carriers from my approximately $45 per month for two phones and unlimited data. So, for now I'm staying with this company....but bought a Garmin GPS to cover the deficiencies in this company. To Consumer Cellular I say : Get towers from someone other than AT&T or T-Mobile! Theirs are inadequate.

MM

Got CC for my mother because her budget is limited. She is old school flip phone only and has no internet. The CC Phones are crap. Phone customer service worthless, keep being told to go to “dealer”. No dealers avail. , only Target and they just dial CC and you talk on the phone at Target. There is no one to help my mother retrieve messages. The expense of having to keep buying a new CC phone 3 in 2 years) would have covered her service with her old Samsung with her previous carrier. CC needs to have a real store with people that can physically help senior citizens that do not have internet or smartphones and are hard of hearing.

Nancy Lee Seattle, WA

BEWARE!!!!! I switched to Consumer Cellular December 28th, 2018. In the time I have been with them, I had to change phones 3X. Once was my fault so I am not including it in any of this review. Each time I had to change phones, it took me 4-5 hours to reconstruct my contacts, my calendar, my photos, and my text messages. I am a volunteer for the VA, VFW, USO, and I also transport seniors to appointments and shopping. My last exchange was completed on May 28th, and that phone had a fatal failure 48 days later!!! I not only had to BUY another phone, I lost all my data, too. That phone should have carried a longer warranty than it did. I HAVE SAVED NOTHING ON THIS PROGRAM, AS IT HAS COST ME OUT-OF-POCKET over $100 PLUS my time to reconstruct my data. The phones fail through no fault of mine. This last phone they couldn't figure out WHY it failed, but I HAD TO REPLACE IT AT MY COST!!! There were no external scratches or marks on the outer casing, absolutely NO WATER marks or moisture detected inside the battery compartment, and both of the plastic coverings on the outside & inside viewer windows were in pristine condition. The Customer Service at the head office REFUSED to warranty this phone, even knowing the perfect condition it was in, and the fact it was only 48 days old!!! CONSUMERS BEWARE,

2Troy Fort Myers, FL

Beware! You may live in a “Moderate” service area!!! 1) MANY dropped calls; 2) Sound cuts out A LOT during calls that DO go through; 3) Loooong calling delays. (Enter phone # and wait 60 seconds for dialing to begin.) CC had all the info they needed to prevent these problems - but instead...their protocol was to provide crappy service and offer to correct problems only AFTER I called to complain about AWFUL service. Customer Support checked my address - said it was a “Moderate” service area for their T-Mobile network...said I’d have to switch over to their AT&T network to get better service. Offered to mail me the new Sim card I’d need (3-5 days)...said my other option was to buy card at and get $10 Cons Cellular credit with purchase. Offered to walk me thru re-activation process if needed. ? Why no protocol to match customer address with the network required for decent service??? Message to CC: Correcting frustrating problems that you could have prevented is NOT good customer service - no matter how cheerful and kind your staff are in the process!

Marta A Perez

I been customer for long time. I liked it at first and all was okay. But when my cell phone was stolen I got a replacement and the phone wasn't that good for it being new as they claim it was. I felt I was sent a used one especially since the alarm didn't work at all. I will be switching to a better company, I don't like the phone I was sent and want something better.

Richard Kelley Indian Valley, ID

I have been a customer for almost a year now, but I have finally decided to switch carriers. It is true there customer service is good, very polite and try to help you the best they can, but I found there phone service its marginal at best. Always dropping calls, not having any service even in large cities were there shouldn't be a problem. There were lots of time I would completely lose service, and would have to call in from my land line to get service restored. Bought two new phones when I signed up, one for me and one for my wife, had nothing but trouble with the wifes phone, finally after months of frustration I canceled her phone and went to another carrier. Its true there price for service is very good, but if you don't have service How Good Is It? I wish it would have worked out better but I need a service I can count on.

Destiny New Iberia, LA

I chose consumer cellular for the reason it’s discounted with AARP & sound like a good bargain. HOWEVER, there were quite a few issues that I have with this phone service. My bill was initially supposed to be about $20-30 based on my unlimited minutes and 2GB of data. BUT when I received my bill I was alerted of an additional $20 charged to my account for an “auto upgrade” I did not authorize regarding my data. Now when I called to see why would the automatically charge me without my consent, their response was “well other companies do the same.” Well no other companies don’t, not the ones I’ve dealt with anyway... usually with other companies they ALERT you when you hit the total Gigs included in your plan then give you the option to up your data for a simple fee. Well when I stated that I was no longer happy with the service and would like to discontinue my service, I asked that they unlock my phone. Well they told me I would have to have their service for 180 days before they can unlock a phone I paid for in full before I even started my service with them... hmm, confusing because at the end of the, their suppose to be a “no contract” type of company but have all these strings attached... I’m Baffled 😕 just another way to get over on people

Penny Cincinnati, OH

Signing up was easy. Customer service on the phone is always polite. However, I spent a lot of time on the phone with the tech people trying to move my iPad mini service. We completely wiped it, and then did a restore from my backups. It STILL did not work and I was left to rest a lot of things on it. I now have a WiFi only iPad that I paid the extra money to have it cellular capable. I also paid THREE months of $15 charges ($45 total) while attempting to get it to work. It never managed to download a single byte. I’d give up and move back to AT&T but I can no longer get the unlimited plan I was on. Very disappointing.

Adrianna Phoenix, AZ

Consumer Cellular prides itself on supposedly being the best in customer service but out of the 6 or so times I’ve called, the customer service was terrible. The representatives either had a rude tone or an attitude or sounded extremely disinterested, all the while I remained cordial. The wait times to speak to a rep are ridiculously long. Besides that, I recently purchased a new phone and was going to pay it with easy pay. 2 months into payments and $200 later they cancel service on me. I asked and the rep said my credit wasn’t authorized... whatever that means? She couldn’t elaborate at all like she didn’t know the subject matter of her own job. I’m here trying to get my service back but “there’s nothing I can do”. So I have to return my phone and I will be reimbursed but this is just ridiculous. I would not recommend this service to anyone even friends or family members who only want talk service.

wayne Desert Hot Springs, CA

I had mostly good service from them as far as cellular service is concerned. It is very weak where I live. The in person customer service lacks.in cathederal city. Have a hard time setting up a new phone and saving the old info, pics, etc. Sometimes they cannot! and you lose it all.

Bonnie G. Johnson High Point, NC

I have been with Consumer Cellular for approximately 6 years and was content with the service for the price until I needed customer support! This month my husband & I were experiencing some financial issues and my cell phone bill was late, so I called and spoke with Customer Service to discuss payment. Initially I requested an extension until the next week, however our funds were not available and I immediately called Customer Service back to explain & request an extension with my paying 1/2 the bill this week and the balance next week on my pay days. The agreement was confirmed and I received an email from Consumer Cellular to that effect, which stated no collection process would start until after the payment date, 02/26/19. As agreed I made the first 1/2 of the payment on 02/15/19. On 02/16/19 my service was disconnected and when I called Customer Service I was told that since I had made the first payment arrangement my second confirmed payment arrangement was not going to be honored! Why was I not told this when I called Customer Service the second time and why was that second arrangement confirmed! My husband and I are now without a phone until next Friday! I upheld my part of the arrangement by paying the first half of the payment, but Consumer Cellular didn't honor theirs! Having a confirmation in writing meant nothing and my being a long time Customer without prior issues meant nothing! This is not good Customer Service and I would not recommend Consumer Cellular to anyone based on this experience! Bonnie G. Johnson

Charles

The price is good, and Customer Service is excellent. Problems I have had are my own fault, except for signal strength at my home location, which is too weak for the wireless landline system.

Janet Lamanna

Fantastic service and cost. Their billing is easy online or by mail. They even emailed that we were getting more gigs for the same price. There is nothing that needs improvement at this time. Very happy with everything!

Pete Roselli North Las Vegas, NV

Consumer Cellular never lets you incur penalties by upgrading you to the next level if you go over the level you have. Also, you're never bothered with marketing emails. I haven't found any area in which they can improve.