Omega Auto Care

8.6

LAST UPDATED: June 23rd, 2022

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Michael Albuquerque, NM

Easy to deal with, friendly, and very informative. I was looking around for car warranties and Omega stood out because they covers oil changes. I found that more interesting and more valuable - something I would use more often than having a major breakdown. Also they're affordable. They saved me a few dollars on repairs - on my brakes - and it would have cost me more out of pocket without Omega. It was pretty simple.

Angel Louisville, KY

I don't have no problem, everything is good. It just doesn't make sense for my car because I only want the warranty for the oil changes and I don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Michael Harvest, AL

They are very professional, very helpful. My reimbursement check was a little more delayed than I thought it would be. I paid a 100 dollar deductible for a 1600 dollar bill.

Willie Houston, TX

I've been pretty pleased so I have no nothing negative to say about them thus far. I think they're pretty trustworthy. They seemed to be genuine and down the earth.

Gail Joliet, IL

It's a great company as far as I know. They had more to offer for the money than other car warranty companies. I used my warranty for an oil change.

Philippa Burleson, TX

I tried to use my warranty on an oil change and I've sent them the price for the oil changed but they haven't reimburse my money back yet.

Garrett Canton, MS

They were very supportive and I've never had any issue nor any problem at all. Anytime I call them I had pretty much got straight through.

Naomi Milwaukee, WI

They don't pay the tax, they only pay for the oil change itself. They give you two free oil changes when you first come on.

Robert & Jean Chebanse, IL

They've been good to us. I am pretty confident with the program. Everything that is covered is done without a problem. My wife recently got an oil change and she got reimbursed for it with no problems. We have been pretty loyal to them and they have proven to be loyal to us. They gave us a good renewal policy. There is always room for improvement business wise but I have been pretty happy. I have recommended them to people.

Luther Homosassa, FL

They're responsive and they care. My Cadillac computer wasn't working correctly but they replaced it.

Robert Tucson, AZ

So far I haven't had any issues. Everything is taken care of. They have been exceptional. When I have a question, they answer me. I was able to get my oil changes smoothly. I was reimbursed for all the costs. I was worried about where to take it but it wasn't a problem.

Santiago North Bay Village, FL

Good price for a good service. If they can't help you, they look for a way to help you. I've used it to get a free oil change. They helped me find someone to fix my car. You don't have to wait too long to get customer service.

Marcia Seffner, FL

When I call in, no matter what, they were helpful and informative. I used it for a service on my vehicle and I needed the oil change and different stuff like that and I was kind of surprised at some of the stuff that was covered because they covered the oil changes and so that came in handy. They weren't timely each time it was kind of annoying when I did not understandhow the service was nonstop, so each time I log in they were very informative and patient. They do what they said they work on it.

Crystal M. Fort Worth, TX

The care is exceptional. And I really liked the company. I had to use my warranty a couple times and it said I had to use it. I use this to get my brakes fixed which was the main part of the warranty and Auto mechanic who did the work there this was one of the best vehicle maintenance warranty sees that pristine talk never had a problem always got things taken care of without issue.

Patricia Birmingham, AL

I have no problem with Omega. I continue be with them. I called them on my transmission was going bad and they took care of that. All I had to pay is the deductible and they pay the rest, no problem. I love the work that they do. I had no problems with them. I haven't had any problems. And I like the service that I get from them and I hope and pray I continue to get that great service.

Kendoff Boston, MA

They really here to help I like omega a lot when you call tell them about what's going on with your car they got it

Joanne Rossi

When you call them, they are very polit and helpful with the problem you are having. They pay you the money they owe you right away within 2 weeks.

Francis Bridgeton, NJ

Every time I have a question, I call them and they quickly give me an answer. I had my oil changed and my windshield wipers paid for. It seems to be the right choice for me. They will be there for me when I need them.

Kim Moore

I was able to get my funds from my oil change sent to me quickly. I could get it done locally , without having to drive an hour to an authorized place that accepted over the phone payment . I appreciated that, as I am disabled and don't like driving further than I have to!

Tanisha West Springfield, MA

Whenever I have a situation, they get back to me and get to the bottom of it. It's pretty affordable and they are really helpful. My battery had died and my Omega care adviser helped me out a lot so and they got to the bottom of it.

James Converse, TX

Sometimes it's been a little difficult actually talking to a person. In the past when I've had to use my warranty to get something first Omega took care of it. I had no issue. Then using the service warranty, it becomes a little difficult with getting the payment done to the Auto stuff

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the great review!

Nov. 29th, 2021

William Houston, TX

I got the best deal with Omega. They helped me out with my truck. It was not running right. I had the heater fixed and for the maintenance oil. They do great work.

Laura North Las Vegas, NV

Every time I need a service I get it done and Omega takes care of it. I get insurance for my car through them and they have taken care of it. I just do the oil changes and I have to upgrade my battery next

Crystal Rivers Bronx, NY

You can always reach them when you need them as well as they keep their word about everything within your contract. They are awesome and get things done and handled in a timely manner

Gregory Bethlehem, PA

Sometimes the service was a little slow. They messed up some of my financial stuff one time when they changed systems or something and the payment didn't go through, so that was my only glitch so far with omega. I just recently used my warranty in the car dealer negotiating column and it worked out. Everything that needed to be done worked out perfect. I'm satisfied overall

Debbie Roanoke, VA

I got this to protect my car in the future in unexpected you know things. I wish they would at least accept phone calls on weekend or just on Saturday's at least. I went to get an oil change for the initial purchase and I ended up having to pay for it myself because there was no one in on Saturday (the only time that I could actually have it done). They told me they would reimburse me, but they ended up just taking care of the next on.

Emery Pineville, NC

I chose Omega Auto Care because I'm probably going to have major issues with it. Every time I call them they are very helpful and I never have issues with communicating with them about things I have issues with. I've used the oil changes that are included in my warranty and it went pretty smoothly. I didn't have to do much of anything other than give me my warranty card at the time of payment.

Donald

I originally started with their policy because they did a promotion where you could get three oil changes after signing up with them. I think it takes a little while to get reimbursed when you have your car fixed. I understand that it might take a little longer due to COVID-19, but I still think they should put more attention to getting people paid faster.

Tiffany

Customer service makes sure I get the service needed. They even talk to places I've been to to make sure everything was covered. One time I needed an oil change and went to a place that said wouldn't cover under my warranty. I called Omega and they helped me find a place that would accept them. They made sure I had an appointment scheduled and everything before I went in. They eliminate confusion and make sure everything is being taken care of.

Sandra

Their customer service is awesome! Anytime I call, I never have problems getting through to them and they always take care of my issues. My car just wouldn't start one time and when I called they had me take my car to the dealership to get the battery replaced. They always take care of things in a timely manner. They have the best value and seem to be the best company for my auto care, and I've already recommended them to other people.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing your experience Sandra!

Jul. 28th, 2021

Crystal Chiles Frisco, TX

Excellent customer services! They take their time to speak with you and try to see how they can keep your business and how they can make it better for you. I like how they work with you and not forceing you into something you don't want to do. They even will rached out to you later if you are not sure about what you would like to do at that time. Theu are just a great company to work with.

Thank you for sharing!

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Bonnie Anderson, IN

This warranty was in my budget. Omega has always been polity and ready to help me when I call. I just recently needed to use my warranty because smoke was coming out of my car and it was smelling like coolant. I took it to the Buick body shop and they were going to check it over when I found out that my turbo was leaking nad I neded a new heat gasket. Omega fixed it within days.

Mike Edmonton, KY

When I hadn't used it before, they found out there was something wrong with my trip expenses and it was covered so it worked out just fine. There were a couple of things that needed to be replaced. And I went in and had it checked out at the dealership and showed them Omega Auto Care's card and they were very pleased. We are very impressed with the professionalism and speed of taking care of business.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mike, We appreciate your kind review, and it'a always great to hear when we have met the expectations of not just our customers, but also the repair facility. We definitely work on having the most efficient processes as possible, so to hear that it was easy for you to use is fantastic. Safe travels!! -Omega Auto Care

Oct. 10th, 2019

Sandra Elgin, ND

I used it when I needed a new battery. It sounded like a pretty good deal so I took it.

Hans Schmidt

The product is convenient because I have all of my information handy on my mobile phone.

Debra w Edwards Tulsa, OK

Because I've had no problem I got went fast for oil change they located right away I'm heading no problem good looking out

Janet Comer Akron, OH

Great prices to protect my vehicle the best customer service around and very friendly. I would highly recommend to any vehicle owner

Jeannette Bradenton, FL

So far so good the time I had to deal with them. I had to get an oil change and to make sure the car was in good working condition.

Nora Redmond, OR

It's been covering what it promised. Customer service was really helpful in explaining things to me. They were really very helpful so I'm really thankful for it.

Ahmad Melrose Park, IL

The customer service is very good. They know what they are doing they said they good in when you talk them they're very polite but then the payback is very slow.

Jasmine Roanoke Rapids, NC

I have been with Omega for awhile now . I enjoy the fact I can call and there are always there to help . My car haven’t need anything major done to it thus far but I know Omega will be there to help . Omega reimbursement process is great . Thank you for the oils changes payments!

Anonymous Spartanburg, SC

I am very likely to recommend them. They answered all my questions. I needed an oil change verified by omega and they contacted me to do so. Then I contacted them and they got right back with me, they told me what was needed and I did it and turned the paperwork in, it was very easy.

Wayne Brooklyn, NY

I already recommended them to someone. They have a great plan that fits my budget. I didn't have any problems, everything went smoothly. There was only one time working on some brakes and I called about the brakes but the dealership let me go through and I ended up paying out of pocket for it.

Carol

They've always been very very helpful, very polite, and they address your issues right away. I've used it several times and it works very well with the with the dealership. Everything went smoothly - I didn't have any problems. I encourage people to get extended warranty, it's worth it.

Glenda

They gave me a good deal and they always come through. I used it whenever something needs it. They helped me fix my radiator and I only had to pay my part of the deposit. They paid the rest. They’ve been true to their words.

Erica Barnes Sarasota, FL

4 experience and worth the money, nice how you can get reimbursed for certain repairs and regular maintenance including oil changes and batteries. 5 customer service as well and they were very helpful with negotiating the price

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Erica, It sounds like you have been able to take full advantage of you policy, so it's great to get feedback from you on the benefits. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Jeffrey Lawtey, FL

I chose Omega because they called me and I decided to go with them. I needed to have my brakes fixed and they paid for everything except for $122 which was pretty nice. If I hadn't had the coverage, I would have had to pay over $300 to get the brakes fixed.

Cynthia New Hyde Park, NY

Their customer service team is always there when I need them and they always answer questions I have. They are very respectful to me. When I used my warranty, they paid for everything and they dealt with the vendors directly themselves.

Darren Brentwood, TN

I've had a great experience with this company. Whenever I talk to anyone over the phone they give me great service. I needed a part replaced and Omega talked to the auto shop for me and got everything sorted out and taken care of. Now everything works perfectly and worked out just as I expected.

Kyle Michelsen

I've been completely satisfied with the coverage from Omega Auto Care. I got a free oil change as well as $100 to the replacement of my battery when I needed a replacement. Customer service has always been fast, friendly and reliable.