Turo Logo

Key Details

• Airbnb Model for Car Rental
  • Availability in 300+ Airports and 4,500+ Cities
  • Rent a Unique Car from a Local Owner

Summary

Turo, formerly Relay Rides, is a peer-to-peer car sharing company that started in San Francisco, California in 2009. Similar to the Airbnb model, local car owners advertise and rent their vehicles to drivers who would prefer to avoid the standard rental car experience.

The company launched nationally in March of 2012 and is currently available in over 4,500 cities and over 300 airports throughout the United States. Turo is supported by top-tier investors, including August Capital, Google Ventures, Shasta Ventures, Canaan Partners, and Trinity Ventures.

Keep reading for the pros and cons of Turo car rental or skip to the Turo reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Variety of Vehicles Available
  • Simple Sharing Process
  • Rental Prices and Fees
  • Insurance Coverage

Variety of Vehicles Available

To cater to individual preferences, the company offers over 800 different car models to choose from. Renters can choose from cars, SUVs, minivans, trucks, convertibles, hybrids, and vans. One can also filter by rental period for long-term rentals, the vehicle make, features like all-wheel drives, and more.

Simple Sharing Process

Turo has an easy, user-friendly, and customizable rental sign-up. In order to sign up for car sharing, create a Turo account by simply signing in to your Facebook or email account.

The first time you sign up for a car, all you have to do is enter some general information, choose a car, rental date, and time. You can either decline additional insurance or purchase the Basic or Premium option, each with varying physical damage and liability protection.

In order to get the car and the keys, all the renter needs to do is meet the Turo host and show them their driver's license. Some owners will even deliver the car right to the renter. Returning the car is simple, as the renter just needs to return the car with a tank full of gas to where it was initially picked up.

Rental Prices and Fees

Turo rents vehicles priced approximately 35 percent lower than other car rental options. The price ranges depending on what car one gets. There is no membership fee and cars generally go for a flat rate of $40 per day.

In addition to rental fees, buyers may be charged fees for additional miles, parking tickets, and cleaning fees. To get the car's trip price, one must multiply the relevant trip rate advertised on the vehicle by the duration. There are also the following fees:

• Trip Fee — 10% of trip price
  • Protection Fee — varies by if one chooses a premium (40% of car's rate), basic (15% of car's rate), or the decline option
  • Young Driver Fee — 20% fee of the trip price for people under age 25
  • Delivery Fee — varies based on owner's settings
  • Airport Fee — 10% fee of trip price if the rented vehicle is involved in the Turo Airport Lot program

It should also be noted that payment information, including debit card and credit card payments, is made through the Turo app or website, not the rental host.

Insurance Coverage

With Turo, there are private and commercial hosts. When it comes to Turo's insurance, owners can either use Turo's policies or decline coverage to be eligible for a commercial, third-party insurance policy.

When owners decline Turo's insurance coverage, they are considered a Commercial Host. As such, they must have their commercial rental insurance policy verified by Turo prior to renting any of their vehicles.

Turo's originally offered three different tiers of protection for owners to choose from. The Premium, Standard, and Basic plans (available before July 1, 2020). All three plans came with $1 million in liability coverage and physical damage protection that covers the value of the car, up to $125,000. From there, the plans differ in host deductible, cost, and other amenities.

As of July 1, 2020 Turo offers five vehicle protection plans: the 60 Plan, 70 Plan, 75 Plan, 80 Plan, and the 85 Plan.

All five plans provide up to $750,000 in third-party liability insurance (offered by Liberty Mutual) and varying levels of contractual reimbursement (reflected in the plan names) from Turo for physical damage and theft. However, bear in mind that the level of available reimbursement will vary depending on the chosen plan.

We recommend consumers thoroughly read Turo's detailed terms and conditions for more information regarding Turo's car insurance.

Guest Protection

Just as you would when you rent a car with other rental car companies, before you complete your booking, you have to choose which protection plan you want for your trip.

If you choose a commercial host, then the host will provide you with options. None of the guest plans cover mechanical or interior damage.

If you already have personal insurance, Turo's coverage will supplement your existing coverage. Policies differ in the amount of liability insurance, deductible payment required, and damage protection. We recommend you refer to the company's website for detailed information on each plan.

The Bad

• Car Retrieval
  • Variable Restrictions
  • Availability Limitations
  • Caring for the Car

Car Retrieval

Since Turo does not operate with clients out of a specific agency, it utilizes car owners that do not use their cars on an everyday basis. Renters must meet the car owner personally in order to pick up the car. Renters may have to go out of their way to retrieve the car if there is not a Turo already at the airport.

Additionally, each renter must show the car owner his or her driver's license, which does have personal information that people may not feel comfortable sharing with a random person.

Variable Restrictions

Since Turo does not own the cars, rules and regulations are inconsistent. Some owners allow renters to drive 200 miles a day, while others allow only 100. Each owner has his or her own set of restrictions, so Turo does not have an overall list of rules for the available cars.

Availability Limitations

Turo does not offer cars in New York. People under 21 years of age cannot rent a car, and people under age 25 have to pay additional fees.

In fact, people under 25 may need to demonstrate at least two years of current U.S. licensed driving history, and potentially can only rent out certain cars because they are considered "high-risk."

Caring for the Car

One thing that is different about the Turo experience is that guests are expected to care for the car as if it were their own. So, if the exterior of the car is significantly dirtier or if it has junk food crumbles inside from a road trip, you have to take it through a car wash and vacuum it out before returning it. If not, you may be charged a cleaning fee between $30 and $250. This is a big difference between standard car rental companies and renting a car with Turo.

The Bottom Line

Travelers who want a cheap or out-of-the-ordinary rental vehicle will be satisfied with Turo's offerings. Users can choose the car model, location, and Turo host.

Finding a unique rental vehicle, on the low or high-end is made easier through Turo's growing community, where owners can use this portal to the sharing economy to make some extra money.

However, keep in mind that service is not available in New York or to potential customers under age 21, and people under age 25 must pay extra fees while renting.

Have you used Turo? Would you recommend it to a friend? Let us know by leaving a review below.

3.7

Christopher Nordman Los Angeles, CA

Turo did not do their due diligence to ensure the host followed the rules. The host (Damien) was supposed to file a report to request payment for the tolls but never did. He then forgot to pay the tolls and incurred late fees. At that point, he notified Turo. Instead of first investigating with us, Turo automatically charged my card $800 without informing me beforehand. Even though we reminded Turo of their policy, they did not reimburse us. My advice is to stay away from Turo.

eric shoff WA

If the car breaks down or you get a flat, they will not help you. Waited on hold for two hours to speak to someone and then just used my own personal insurance. I paid for insurance with Turo but they don’t have anyone to pick up the phone when you call for emergency help My host eventually called me back and said there was nothing he could do I’d need to talk to Turo itself. And they don’t answer. Don’t do it. You’ve been warned.

Derrick Nguyen Knoxville, TN

The rental experience was good for me, but my credit card information might be leaked by Turo. It has been used for a transaction as a Uber trip in Brazil, while I am in the US all the time.

Denise Bock Gold Canyon, AZ

I feel like I was sucker punched! I recently rented from Turo and the service I received from the company was crap. The person who owned the car was decent but…. We paid $1700 for a Jeep with unlimited miles in AZ to drive into Utah for a hiking trip. We were required to get their insurance even though I had rental insurance with my company which brought the cost up. My issue though is that we returned the vehicle a day early and no costs or fees were prorated even though they say they work on a daily cost basis. Totally not happy and want all to be forewarned.

Sue S Penticton, BC

I would not recommend renting with them. The way their insurance is covered is extremely odd. I had some minor damage to the tail light happen while renting and they’re charging me $1998 for this, just $2 below my deductible. And their customer service after the fact was atrocious. I’m out $2000 now for something that should not cost more than $450 and there’s no recourse.

lloyd remme Pompano Beach, FL

I attempted to rent a car on Turo's website. It went through, but the Host said I must send $250 dollars security deposit to hold vehicle. I complied, and thought all was well. I just happened to check my account and the rental was canceled. (NO notification to me). When I attempted to contact Turo, they told me that the Host was just kicked off Turo for Scams. I requested they send me the deposit that the Host was sent back, but they refused. I am out the $250! Appartantly there is absolutley NO ACOUNTABILITY for the Hosts, and they are free to scam you and keep the money!!!. I will NEVER use the company again because you cannot trust the hosts are not scammers. Please DO NOT EVEN THINK about using this company!!!

Rosanna T West Palm Beach, FL

I would give Turo a zero star if i could. My family booked a vehicle in West Palm Beach for our winter holidays over the December/January break 2022. We received the confirmation a couple months in advance. We sent our host a text message the day before our flight to go over details. However when we didn't hear from them we sent another text and called but no answer. WHILE WE WERE AT THE AIRPORT WAITING TO BOARD to arrive in West Palm Beach, our Host finally decided to respond stating he needed the car for his baby. This left us scrambling to reserve another car rental at an inflated cost! Not only did we reserve WELL in advance, he chose to notify us while we in the AIRPORT same day reservation! Unacceptable and inconsiderate! I would never rent from them again. Rosanna Turi

Erin Case Laurel, MD

I used Turo once and I never will again. I was looking at rental cars vs. Turo, and the rental cars were just slightly more expensive (by about $25) so I decided to try Turo. I went on a road trip, and it turned out that one tire had previously been worn down to a point there was no tread left, and it was leaking air. So I then had to spend half a day of my trip at the mechanic shop getting the tire replaced. The car owner paid me back for that cost, it was their suggestion to use Paypal, which I had not realized was against Turo policy. I would have let it go, but then when I returned the car, the owner messaged me trying to accuse me of causing various damages to the car that had already been there. Thankfully, I had pictures to prove they had already been there, but if I hadn't I'm sure they'd have tried to charge me. I sent the owner money to cover tolls through Cashapp (also at their request). Two months later, I get billed for the full cost of the tolls through the Turo app. When I went to their customer service and sent evidence of the issues with the car and the fact that I had already paid the tolls, they said since it was sent outside of the app it did not matter and I'd be billed for it. Not only that, but my account was now going to be monitored to ensure I did not send other transactions outside of the app (with no recognition of the fact that the car owner is the one who suggested doing so). I highly recommend going with a car rental company instead, it would have saved me significant time and this entire customer service nightmare.

Stevie Michelle Aycock Houston, TX

It’s a scam. SCAM SCAM They don’t vet their hosts. I have been accused of smoking with pictures taken of ashes in the car. I don’t smoke. I have been terminated from Turo therefore I can’t retrieve any of my pictures or correspondence with the host. I sent in the pictures that I took before I dropped it off of a clean car. They took my money and I can’t get in touch with anyone. If it were a fender bender I was accused of with a scratch or dent I could possibly go along with it, however it’s smoking and I was the only one in the car and don’t smoke. The fact the host turned in pictures of an ash filled cup holder and console is suspicious and reeks of a scam. Please protect yourself and don’t use this company.

Patrick Duddy San Diego, CA

Turo scammed my Family and I do not recommend them to lease a vehicle. The possible savings is not worth the problems you will experience. The legal team has written the contract so you have to arbitrate any disputes and can only sue them to protect your rights in small claims in Phoenix. You will in no way be able to protect your self and I recommend you run for the hills and stay so far way from them

Siamak Saadati New York, NY

Turo is a Scam! For a one-day trip, I found a car for $155 including insurance. It was not cheaper than other rental cars but the advantage was that I knew what car I was getting. I was 2 hours late to return the car and I ended up paying $413!! I called their customer service 3 times and I was on the phone for hours. They kept transferring me to the " right " department, and no one could answer why there was such an insane increase in my bill. Be aware, when you sign the policy you are giving them the right to charge your credit card without having your confirmation.

S A (Europa) El Monte, CA

I booked a rental car using Turo. After reading the reviews, I got scared and cancelled, however I was charged $50 for the cash transfer return. This is wrong given that they advertise 100% cash back if cancelled in time. What are they doing differently than other companies where I am being charged a transfer fee. I guess I should feel lucky that I got cold feet before renting with them. I will not do business again with Turo.

Stewart Baker Arlington, MA

I've used Turo to rent a car a few times with no difficulty, but I will not use them again. About a year after the last time I used Turo, my card was billed for a trip I never took. I had to cancel my card and get a new one because of the fraud, but Turo then allowed another fraudulent charge on my new card, so I had to change cards again. A real hassle, and an indication that Turo isn't good at addressing credit card fraud. I like the idea, but the savings aren't worth the risk of major inconvenience from fraud.

Symph Symph

After Being A “Guest” Of Turo And Booking Multiple Times Over The Last 5yrs, Turo Decided To Tell Me I Was Ineligible To Book A Car. After Reaching Out To Customer Service Than Begin Sent A Link To Speak To A Live Agent & Being Told That The Issue Would Be Resolved Immediately, They Waited Hours To Get Back To Me (via Email) & Tell Me I Can Host A Car But I Can Not Book A Car To Rent.

G jones Bridgeport, CT

Not even a star. Bad experience as a host. My guest is using my car for drug activity and I reported it to them, Turo just dismissed it. Plus when filling up all information , it won’t give you a soft stop, it will just allow u to submit a file. Be careful . NOT WORTH USING THIS COMPANY AT ALL.

Chan Mississauga, ON

My experience was horrible they kept charging mt account with 257.00 fees and than another week goes by and i got a 58.00 fee i cancelled my account called my bank and im reporting and opening up a investigation into this is fraud i had to cancel my card so they could t kep going into my account this is rediculous im literally going crazy how pissed off i am

rac1 Austin, TX

If you're planning to rent your car on tour don't ever do it. I had my brand new car on the platform and my guest got it crashed like 400 miles away from my location, undrivable. Turo direct customer service doesn't exist! You are let on your own in case of an accident like the one that happened to my car. I filed the claim and they call me like 3 days after, totally unuseful as my car had already been towed to a safe place thanks only to my guest's private insurance. Stay away from Turo as host

Greg Rosenheck Port Orange, FL

I needed a car today on 11/13/22. it was supposed to be $43 a day. they took my CC and photo then after compleation they added a $15.00 Trip fee - Then if I declined to take their 3rd party insurance they added more money. The whole thing was going to cost $74.00 I decided njot to book. Also they are impossible to contact. There is no human contact with this company to hell with them.

cjordan Noblesville, IN

We scheduled a 2021 Toyota Corolla at 2:30 on a Friday through the turo website, and it wasn't until 1:20 AM on Saturday that we received an automated response telling us that turo is not responding, and we would have to make another request all over again. Suffice it to say my wife and I weren't going to put any further fate in a company with such a broken system. 2:30 on a Friday afternoon is perfectly reasonable to see a request come in on ones system, and then if you need to reach out to someone by phone to work something else out, then do it! Don't just not respond because some of us have schedules that we are trying to keep. Thanks for wasting our time.

Amelia Kracinovich GA

DON’T USE TURO! We rented a Turo to go out to the middle of nowhere for a wedding. Driving 70mph down the highway the engine light came on and we couldn’t get past 1st gear. WE WERE ON THE WAY TO THE WEDDING!! We had to call an Uber and beg them to pick us up on the side of the road. WE WERE LATE AND MISSED PART OF THE CEREMONY!!!!! The Uber cost us 85 dollars and to get back to the hotel we had to get a ride from the photographer at the wedding. The hotel was over 2 hours away and our Uber back cost us 200 dollars. We have spent countless hours on the phone speaking with Turo representatives who have failed to recoup any of these costs associated with the engine failure are even threatening to charge US for towing the car. We had the car for 24 hours and the car had over 100,000 miles. There has been no acknowledgement of the extremely dangerous and inconvenient situation we were placed in. The host did nothing to help the situation and the towing companies called us four different times despite relaying the information to Turo. TURO IS ABSOLUTE A HORRIBLE COMPANY WITH NO QUALITY CONTROL! Your car could break down at any moment and TURO WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ASSIST!! No replacement car, no covering of extremely expensive Uber rides. Just a huge headache and a huge cost! Go to a reputable rental car company NOT TURO!

Cynthia Loveday

If I could rate it a 0 I would ! I hope there is a lawsuit against this company asap and everybody they’ve lied on gets reimbursed for Turo and there car owners for making up lies to get extra money after you return the car! My trip was good up untill I dropped the car off! Before I dropped the car off I went and washed and vacuumed it and then I got gas straight across the street from where the guy told me to drop it off ! And I have a witness with me because I was new to the app I probably didn’t take as many pictures but I think they take advantaged of people like that because their system when you go through it it only advises you to take pictures around the car and odometer it and then it says if you want to add more pictures you can! But a few hours after I dropped the car off I got a message from the owner saying that I owed $24 and some change and that was a $10 charge for not filling the car up and then he filled the car up the rest of the way and it was $14 and something so me and him argued back-and-forth and I told him he was a liar and that was that and I said well we will leave it up to Turo thinking Turo would fix the issue but not let this go on so I go to use my bank card a few hours Later and noticed four knew charges totaling almost $300 from Turo so I called Turo hopeing they would help me fix the issue and at this point I was even willing to pay the $25 for the gas problem because after I went off on the dude I guess he added a $250 smoking charge and I don’t know what else but he never said nothing about that to me and I would have all the messages to show you but what Turo does is close your account after they charge you this money and you can’t go back and look at the messages that you and the hostess had For their protection this is so obvious what they are doing they do that on purpose and if you go back and look at all the other complaints on this page you will see that What I’m saying matches what they’ve all said I’m not the only person that says that this is such a scam and it is so ridiculous I thought this was a good app like I was talking so good about this app up until all this happened ! And the funny thing is and I know everybody says this but I really do not smoke I have never smoked my whole life I mean I can go back and get all of my medical records and prove to them that I am not a smoker what do you think Touro even gave me the time a day or the understanding or any leniency no they’re getting rich off of ripping people off and it should be against the law ! how is such a big company getting away with this! I’m supposed to go to my bank and they’re going to dispute it but I’m sure I’ll still be stuck paying it because Touro has a sneaky way and I even told the guy man I wish I had my messages I even told him those pictures that is not what that car look like it’s like he went and poured sand in it or something I swear to God and like I said I had somebody with me and they can tell you that car did not look like that! Yeah paying the money Made me mad because it was lies lies lies and after I told him off about the $25 then he adds $300 more and Turo just letting him do it! What made me more mad was the fact that I tried my best like who I don’t even know if does normal people go vacuum and wash the car before they return it but I did because I feel like we are dirty to little bit and then we put the gas in it right across the street didn’t even drive one minute across the road so when he messaged me about the gas it kind of Made me mad because I felt like he was so totally lying he had another car there he could’ve put that gas in there and use that receipt I don’t know but there’s some fishy stuff going on and it just made me mad because I had tried so hard to do the right thing and then he has this person that just keeps adding charges and make an applause in the company is backing them up I’m sure they get a percentage of it or something there’s some reason they back them up so much please if anybody’s a lawyer look into this I’m telling you this is not legal this is so illegal and it’s unfair All I wanted to do was go see my son in the Air Force and I get back to this

Divine Starr Springfield, PA

If I could do zero stars I would We signed up for Turo to give it a try, our car recently broke down and we had an appointment we had to get to. We scheduled with host Lakia in De. With her Chevy Traverse. (horrible horrible host who lied and completely ruined everything) less than 2 hours before the car was scheduled to be delivered host claims cancelled claims she was out the country and "lost" her phone and somehow miraculously found it in time to cancel prior to scheduled delivery. At this point we have already paid fully for our rental. After being inconvenienced by this host, who was passively aggressive in her horrible service, we contact Turo, who turns around and says now we have to go through another verification. We were ALREADY SCHEDULED PAID FOR ABD BOOKED! After telling Turo at this point this is illegal and scammy they denied my husband who was already previously approved, said it was due to him having a criminal background!!! More lies from this company, He has never as so much got a parking ticket! He has no points on his DL, however this company lied scammed and did not return our money right away! How do you do a criminal background check on just name an DOB with a person with an extremely common name! After spending over 3 hours trying to get a rep on the line who knew what they were doing I had to get my lawyer involved! This company and their host are the worse! Do not I repeat do not waste your time or money, an if you do by all means avoid host Lakia in Delaware with the 2013 Chevy Traverse! Worse experience, the company and the host all lie!!! Could not provide any proof to this alleged criminal record or DL issues. Completely totally lies, instead of penalizing their lying unprofessional host they turn around and do the same thing! My lawyer is still involved.

Nikki

Do not rent from Turo. You’re expected to fill up tires and maintenance cars with no consideration on how this impacts your time or plans for the day. After trying to go to a gas station to fill up tires (safety notification appeared), and taking it to a discount tire all on my own time - either the platform or the host had the nerve to charge me a $10 convenience fee to fill up .25 of the tank that was used. Mind you, the host didn’t bother to take their time to actually fill up the car and provide the car with a full tank of gas to begin with. This on top of a safety alert regarding the gear shifts ability to move without being unlocked that also resulted in me using my personal time to troubleshoot. Without question we returned the car immediately, and then I spend two days going back and forth with customer service. They don’t give ticket numbers, or read their notes so you have to re-explain the entire issue each time you call back. The customer service number dropped my call multiple times. I invested a full day of my personal time fighting for a refund. Without even so much as a “sorry for your inconvenience” for the host. My host was rude, and not detailed or customer service oriented, and Turo customer service is off shored and disorganized. Stay far far away.

hilde kahn McLean, VA

You're at the mercy of whoever you rent from. My brother rented twice. The first time the guy had the car at Dulles. He said he'd pick us up, so we told him we'd arrived and then waited. Then he told us that he'd parked way out at the end of the lot, so we schlepped there. We couldn't find the car for 15 minutes. So that wasn't a great experience. The second time we picked the car up and checked in with a human being. When my brother dropped the car off, on time, he again gave the keys to a human being. The next day he got a charge saying he hadn't returned the car on time, which was a bold-faced lie. It took hours to reverse the charge, and we got nothing for our time. So altogether I'd say it's a mixed experience, and definitely buyer beware.

Dave Elgin West Des Moines, IA

I did Turo once. I signed up for a car and got a discount because I did it far in advance of my trip. Somehow, either Turo's fault, my error or the car owner's error the pick up time was put down as 3AM instead of 3PM. The car owner caught the problem and said to go in and change the time - NO PROBLEM! So I changed the time - 12 HOURS LESS TIME - and Turo said that I changed the contract so they charged me $81 for 12 hours of less time. After some hassle, I finally got the right supervisor and he fixed the problem. Everything with the car went great - I would have given a 5 star rating if it wasn't for the $81 charge that had to be corrected.

rochelle demello San Jose, CA

I had a great experience on my trip. Chun K is a great host. He picked us up at the airport and drop off was just as worry free. I was kind of skeptical of using Turo for my first time but Not any more I will rent from Turo from now instead of the rental car agencies. The only problem I had was I wanted to cancel the insurance that I added for my trip and tried to get a hold of customer service before my trip began after finding out my insurance would cover me 100% there was no phone number to call customer service and every time I tried to send an email it kept say address unknown. That’s probably something I did wrong but now I know better. All in all it was pretty perfect vacation.

Adam T Newport Beach, CA

In an age where everyone wants to be able to control everything with their mobile device it was only a matter of time before personal car rentals became a thing. Renting exotic cars from mainstream agencies was a hassle and with so many liabilities and extra charges you never felt comfortable driving on the road. The whole experience with Turo was completely different. Looking for specific cars was a fun process and the filters were useful in narrowing down the list. We had a specific car in mind, including colour, so went searching straight for that. Everything was self explanatory and easy to follow. Having 2 different options for insurance type was nice too. Unfortunately, Turo depends on ‘non-employees’ to make sure your experience is seamless which I can imagine sometimes doesn’t happen but our experiences have been great and we’d certainly use the app and our lenders again!

Charles Hoffman Estates, IL

Went to Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ to spend some time at a Hip Hop Convention and some time relaxing with the family. I've always wanted to drive a Tesla and see how feasible it would be to have one of my own. After searching Tesla rentals, Turo was the first site to come up. I was a bit skeptical at first but started reading reviews from customers because I've never heard of Turo before. I thought I'd give it a try. Turo is the AirBnB for cars. I rented a Tesla Model S from a Tesla owner. He dropped the car off at the airport where we met. He showed me everything I needed to know to drive the vehicle and made sure I was comfortable and good to go before he left since I've never say in a Tesla before. I'm now shopping for one and plan on purchasing a Tesla within the next year.

Jen Davie Sanford, ME

We are a family of six who recently traveled to Salt Lake City, UT from Maine. When shopping for a rental car, we were unable to find a deal online, as we were sized out of the standard sedan option (due to the sixth passenger). I was chatting with my mom about our situation, and she remembered a friend using Turo in Salt Lake City previously. I contacted her friend to hear about her experience and decided to give Turo a try! I am so happy that we used Turo as our rental car option! We saved a ton of money and had a great ride while visiting Utah. The person we rented from was amazing and went above in beyond to ensure that our rental experience was fantastic! I will definitely use Turo again in the future when traveling!

Bill Wegesend Happy Valley, OR

Turo is an excellent option over traditional rental car agencies where you have a better selection to what you really want to drive. In my experience I was able to rent a 2019 Corvette with only a couple thousand miles on it and a 2017 Jaguar F-Type both in immaculate conditions while in Hawaii. At first I was very cautious about using this online service however now I'm sold on it based on my experience. Turo is there for you if you need them but their All Star Hosts are outstanding with reliable beautiful cars. Some with cars you'd never be able to rent at traditional rental car agencies i.e. Telsa, Porchse, Audi. Jaguar, etc. Turo online is quick and easy and highly reccomend it to all. Bill W. from Happy Valley, Oregon

Alex Vorderman Fort Wayne, IN

Started this whole process on Kayak at my home in Fort Wayne, around 10:30pm the night before I needed a vehicle in Denver the following day around noon. I waited til the last minute so all SUV's from the mainstream rental companies were pricey. I remembered I downloaded the Turo app a couple years ago for fun to see what kind of cars were available here in Fort Wayne. Checked out the app, found not only a Suburban, but a very cool RST version, for less than any of the rental companies large SUV's. Requested it at 11pm, and at 12:04am, Mike, the owner responded and confirmed. He sent his daughter to the airport, right outside baggage claim so I didn't need to get a shuttle to rental companies a couple miles away, and his daughter took an Uber home. At dropoff, we met in the same location. It truly was the most luxurious, seamless transaction with a rental vehicle I've ever had. If all Turo experiences are as good as this was for me, Turo is going to take over the rental industry. I've been describing it to others as "the AirBnB for rental cars." Maybe one day AirBnB will buy out Turo for big $$$$! ; )

Brandon Kopack Freehold, NJ

Great experience using turo twice both trips were in Los Angeles and both trips were smooth and easy. First trip we picked up the car at the turo lot right by the airport and dropped off in same location. Second trip we picked up the car from the car owners place also right by the airport and dropped off at the turo lot by LAX. Over all great experience using this app. Much better renting through Turo rather then a car rental at the airport because of how quick and easy the process is. Get the car keys, take pictures to document how the car looks when picking up, then drive away. Super easy and get to rent awesome cars. Thanks Turo!

Laura Williams Allen, TX

I recently used Turo to rent a vehicle from Boston L after my adult son told me about Turo and the good experience he had using it. I found the website to be easy to navigate. I was looking for a car that would be mechanically sound and older, as securing a low price for my 11 day rental was important. When I first used the Turo app expensive rentals showed up first, but I set a filter on the app for my price range and found several vehicles to chose from. I was happy with the vehicle I picked. It was a 2010 Toyota that ran fine, had fantastic A/C, and plenty of included miles. The owner that I rented from responded to messages quickly and was easy to work with. He was also courteous. I had no problems during my rental period, so there was no need to contact him then, as I returned the vehicle as arranged, washed and vacuumed, since I got sand in it. So, 5 stars from me: The app was easy to navigate, liability insurance is included at no extra cost, I found a vehicle that fit my budget, my expectations were reasonable for a vehicle 9 years old, and the owner was honest and the car was fine. Don’t hesitate! Try Turo!

Crystal Carrillo Seattle, WA

First time using Turo and so glad I went with Shamsulh's vehicle. He's very professional, organized and prompt with his responses. He asked for our flight info in order for them to track our flight for a smooth curbside pickup. Derek (Shamsulh's associate) picked us up outside of baggage claim within 10 minutes. We dropped Derek off at the pickup/dropoff location which was 5 minutes from the airport. We ended up renting two beach chairs and an umbrella from them which came in handy. The vehicle was clean, ran well and has AC! I would recommend renting a vehicle from Shamsulh to my family and friends.

Dale Columbus, OH

I had a decent first experience with Turo. The process of booking a car was straightforward. One thing I really liked that Turo offered was the ability for me to quickly modify the end time of the rental when I found out I needed the car for later in the day. Unfortunately, the car I rented turned out to have a strong burnt cigarette odor. I was running late so I didn't have time to speak with anyone. At the end of the day when I dropped off the car, I followed the instructions for ending the rental, which prompted me to leave feedback for both Turo and the owner of the car. I decided to leave private feedback for them since I had an excellent time independent of the unpleasant burnt cigarette odor. Within hours of leaving the feedback, I got a reply from the owner first and then Turo. The owner was apologetic and offered me to contact him personally before renting another car so he can ensure it is odor free. Turo was also apologetic and gave me credit for another rental. With that done, my only complaint is why was I given a car that had a bad cigarette odor in the first place? The owner shouldn't have had the car I rented available for rental if he knew, but I'm guessing he didn't have time to check the car before giving it to me? But it's water over the dam, I forgive him and plan to rent a car from him when I need a car rental. I'd like to thank both Turo and the owner of the car for providing friendly customer service.

Susan Simpson Albany, OR

I booked a car on TURO for the first time a few months ago in anticipation of the birth of our grandson this past month. The company and the app were both new to me and I installed the app with no issues and found it easy to navigate. There are many cars, many price points, from which to choose and I found a car I thought would be perfect for my use while I was in Washington State. The app offers secure messaging as well as secure payment. The process was seamless and the car was available to me just as promised with both the pickup and return easy and convenient . I highly recommend TURO and will use this service again.

Charles Griffiths Binghamton, NY

First time Turo user since rental service was not great at a smaller airport I flew in to. The experience was overwhelmingly positive. The biggest plus was the convenience. My car was waiting for me right outside the baggage claim area of the airport. Took 5 minutes to be on my way. Then, I dropped the car off at the departure entrance of the airport which took another 5 minutes max and I was on my way. The car, although a few years old, was immaculate, mechanically perfect and the owner was very easy to communicate with by text or phone. So,,,, I'm sold on Turo for convenience and the pricing beat the big name rental companies.

Marcelle Curtis Ft. Washington, MD

St first I was a bit skeptical having never heard or used Turo, but it was easier than expected. How often is it you can choose the exact ride you wane instead of a category or even choose a reasonable pickup and drop off date. That’s what sold me on Turo is that I needed a 4 wheel drive from a rental company and they told me they do not know if they would have one and to call back the day before I needed to rent. That was not comforting especially if I called just to find out they didn’t have a 4 wheel and everyone knows that the closer you reserve a rental, the pricier it gets. Turo is the complete opposite and that’s what I love about Turo. The price, the convenience, the process and the choice,

Brandon Nease

I had a guys trip planned for Tahoe and 1 of the people in our group rented from the airport. It was a mid sized SUV. after we did a head count and realized our luggage and oversized ski bags were needed, I checked Turo. I have used it with my wife in the past on trips with kids to Florida. We found a local SUV with more room and comfort, and the owner had a ski box for it which we didnt have an option for from the car rental place. The Turo owner was quick to respond , easy to coordinate with, and overall a really nice guy. We had a blast, used it to get to our rental, skied all week, then returned the vehicle to the owner at passenger pick up at the airport.

808 Girl Flowood, MS

This was my first Turo experience and when traveling in cities where it is available, I don't think I will ever get a conventional rental car again. The selection, price and ease of use (pickup/drop off) was amazing. There was a little confusion on my end when it came to documenting the pick up and drop off (car condition and mileage etc.) when picking up from an airport location things move pretty quickly and there wasn't much time to understand and go through the process - which I could foresee causing problems. I think that Turo needs to provide/point customers to instructions for the pick up and drop off documentation process at the time of rental confirmation so that they are aware of what is expected and how to get everything done.

Brandy Babnaw Winter Haven, FL

This was our first time using the app and we were very leary of how it worked. We were so pleasantly surprised!! The process was easy there was no deposit and no credit card needed just my bank card. It takes a photo of your license and a photo of your face and it uploaded quickly. We added the basic insurance for the three days we rented at just $9 a day. We chose to have the car dropped off to us for just an extra $40 which also included them picking it up. It was extremely easy to communicate with the car owner with the messaging system in the app as well. When the car owner drops off the car they take photos and then before you drive it you also take and upload photos and the same at the end. It was a fantastic experience and we will be using it again! Thank you so much!

Carl Morris Savannah, GA

Turo is the greatest invention since Uber. The concept is brilliant and it works flawlessly. It was so easy and quick to use the website and or App. I rented on the website and checked in on the app. Unlike the major rental companies there is no extra amount held on my card, Payment process is the easiest and quickest. My hosts were the greatest and the cars were as good or better than I could have gotten anywhere else. I had to contact support for an issue and they were extremely responsive. I needed another reservation and Ron made all the arrangements and called me. I cannot say enough about the support, service, and relationships I built simply being a customer. My host delivered and retrieved the car at no extra charge and he was so accommodating and professional, I felt like I had made a new friend. Please don't change anything... It's perfect!

Nick Basiaga Boynton Beach, FL

It was my first time using Turo. I heard about it from a friend and wanted to try an alternative to the traditional car rental. Both the website and iPhone app were easy to use and Turo had a large selection of vehicles available. I rented a Mercedes SUV from Ade and I could not be happier that I did. The vehicle was clean and he provided more miles than I actually needed. Both pick up and drop off were a breeze and the whole rental cost was much less than any traditional rental company for the same type of vehicle. I plan to continue using Turo and I hope to rent from someone as professional as Ade.

Gabriel Perry Huntington Beach, CA

I was traveling to Tampa fl from HB Ca for a week to look at homes and I booked my trip including my car rental . The day of my trip I was notified my rental was canceled and they had no cars I was infuriated at how terrible the commercial car rental industry has become . If it was not for Turo I would of been Car less and could not of accomplished what I went to Tampa for . The car was a luxury vehicle and was cheaper then any traditional rental co . Turo is amazing and an awesome easy experience . Once they offer unlimited miles they are going to kill the commercial car rental industry . Thank you Turo I will use you for now on in my travels for a rental car

Diana Munds Park, AZ

This is such a different concept that I was nervous if my owner, for some reason, didn't show up, I'd be stuck with a high rental from an airport agency with exorbitant fees. Nothing like that happened! My owner, ANIL, in Honolulu, was exceptional. I texted him after I'd boarded my flight so he knew I was on my way. Called after I'd deplaned on way to luggage. He answered right away, saying that when I had my luggage to call back, we'd arrange a convenient meeting place and he'd immediatetly leave to get me. I waited, maybe, ten minutes! He loaded my luggage and we drove to his drop-off location. Fortunately, it was in direction of my lodging!! The car was REASONABLE and just fine for going to work and parking it all day. I will definitely use TURO everywhere I go!!

Chris Frazier Gainesville, GA

Turo works very well. Of course, it depends on how your host responds to your reservation and services your needs. I was lucky that my first experience was great and now I rent cars from only one person who has multiple vehicles. That way, the pick up / drop off location is the same and I know the person who brings the car. So, Turo is a wonderful service offering for those who do not want to pay all of the fees that are applied with rental car companies. The app is good because it sends you reminders about your reservation and offers to extend your trip. Customer service is good with Turo when you are having an issue.

Linda L. Chappo El Cerrito, CA

My experience with Turo was really good. I saw something about it on TV one night and thought I would look into it. I knew I needed a car for my upcoming trip to San Diego so I did some research to find a better deal than what is offered by regular rental car agencies, which is no deal at all. I figured out a strategy and then found a Turo car owner near the airport that made my trip easy and affordable. I could take care of everything online, and the car owner was helpful, patient and responsive. Great customer service, it was so good that I booked Turo again for my trip in September. I highly recommend Turo, and I have told my family and friends.

Karen Mellman-Smith Chicago, IL

We had a bit of a "bumpy" ride initially with Turo, but their Customer Service and Reservations team really took care of us. And so overall, I was very pleased. The 1st day of our travel, our initial host messaged me that his previous renters cracked his windshield. He did the right thing by telling me right away. We landed in Boston without a car and were a bit freaked out. Fortunately, our customer service rep (through live chat) stayed with our case until we connected with Reservations, and our Reservations person found other options for us immediately. She too stayed on the phone with me until the situation was resolved. Fortunately, another local host offered us immediate availability and we were on our way. The reservations team really took care of us, especially given the unfortunate experience, and because of that, I have to give them full stars.

Loche Kline Ashville, OH

All was fine and as expected other than one thing, which should be worth your attention. I had been warned, in advance, by other relatives who experienced the same thing with TURO rentals at other locations. My confirmation intentionally specified CURBSIDE pick up and drop off. My vehicle owner texted me the day of my late night arrival that he'd leave the car in short term parking with the keys and money for the parking fee. I insisted that CURBSIDE was necessary. I explained that I am a female, senior citizen, traveling along, who has mobility issues, and who prefers to not be wandering thru an airport parking lot late at night looking for my rental! Plus, I pointed out that I'd chosen his vehicle BECAUSE of the CURBSIDE option! Jeremy agreed (he said he only lived 5 minutes away and for me to text when the airplane landed, which I did). The pick up was rushed and not at all pleasant, but the airport was very crowded so I was ok with the way that it worked out. The morning of drop off, the owner texted that he knew that I wanted CURBSIDE (as was agreed upon and confirmed!) rather than leaving the vehicle in short-term parking, however he said that I'd need arrive by 11am or before (instead of the 11:30am the prior time commitment) since he had another appointment. I had thought about and was prepared to go early, so it was not a problem and I did so. AGAIN, other TURO customers have experienced the same "switch" type thing at locations in Calif., VA and other places, so it might be worth addressing on your corporate end. Also, because I was somewhat prepared for it, and my vehicle owner was fine, this is not a complaint against him. Sincerely, Loche Kline

ANNA Christina Antioch, CA

It has been a dream, having the opportunity to rent practically any vehicle by reserving online. Turo makes doing this both, streamline and very convenient. The prices are absolutely fair, perhaps slightly better than competitors. I'm pleased because of transparency regarding the entire booking process. Turo is amazing as well as their variety of cars offered. The quality is consistent, meanwhile the choices are linear and depends on individual preference. The website displays a range that could cater to any consumer, spanning between the average commuter automobile and towards the luxury, performance and/or exotic ranked class. The personalized transaction simply is not plausible at the outdated rental counter managed by corporations with their fluctuating fleet, erratic authorizations, varied policies based on location, weekend hours and with only a guarantee of waiting in line. As my familiarity grows with Turo, I now have a few owners who I frequent and this is refreshing to further elimate potential stress. I feel the peer to peer platform is professional when using Turo. Stellar service and it is impressive that my needs are accommodated, especially on occasions where I have scheduled at the last minute. Thank you.