Progressive Auto Insurance Logo

Progressive Auto Insurance

Is This Your Business?

9.2

Progressive Insurance is known for offering savings on car insurance. You can benefit from using its quote comparison and signature Name Your Price® tool to find good coverage that fits your budget. You can also benefit from the many discounts that Progressive offers its clients.

In addition to personal car insurance, Progressive offers many other kinds of specialized car insurance. These policies include rideshare, commercial, classic car, and auto insurance in Mexico.

You can also meet many of your other insurance needs when you choose Progressive because it offers dental, life, property insurance and more. We recommend working with Progressive especially if you have other insurance needs.

Read Progressive Auto Insurance Reviews

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Excellent Coverage
  • Classic Car Coverage
  • Mexico Car Insurance
  • Variety of Discounts
  • Snapshot® Discount Program
  • Policy Features With Savings
  • Useful Rate and Comparison Tools
  • Helpful App
  • Convenient Customer Support
  • Additional Insurance Policies and Quotes

Positive Reviews

Progressive car insurance reviews on BestCompany.com reveal high levels of customer satisfaction.

Positive reviews mention good customer service and satisfaction with rates and savings.

If you're looking for a good car insurance rate, Progressive is worth exploring further.

Excellent Coverage

You can include the following when you buy from Progressive:

• Liability coverage
  • Comprehensive coverage
  • Collision coverage
  • Uninsured or Underinsured motorist coverage
  • Medical payments
  • Roadside assistance
  • Loan or lease payoff
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Custom parts and equipment value
  • Rideshare coverage
  • Deductible savings bank (lower your deductible by $50 for each policy period without an accident or violation)

This variety of offerings means that you can find a policy with the coverage and perks you want. Keep in mind that some offerings from this auto insurance company can vary by state.

Classic Car Coverage

Progressive Classic Car by Hagerty is designed for cars 25-50 years old that are stored in an enclosed structure and are not used frequently. It offers Guaranteed Value® coverage for your classic car's real value. It also includes original replacement parts coverage. This policy is a great option for insuring your classic.

Car Insurance Coverage in Mexico

If you're planning a road trip to Mexico, you can choose from three coverage options for your trip. All of the options include roadside assistance in Mexico.

• Basic coverage includes level liability, travel assistance, medical payments, and legal assistance. It's ideal for cars over 20 years old.
  • Standard coverage includes everything that Basic coverage does. It also includes collision and theft coverage.
  • Extended coverage builds on both the Basic and Standard options by adding vandalism partial theft and U.S. repair coverage. You'll also benefit from fixed deductibles.

You can also purchase insurance for your RV or motorcycle. Having any of these coverage options will give you peace of mind while you drive in Mexico.

Variety of Discounts

You can find a variety discounts on Progressive car insurance. With such a high number or discounts and more flexibility with these discounts, it's easy to save money on your car insurance policy. Many of these discounts are also competitive for the auto insurance industry.

Progressive offers the following discounts:

• Snapshot® program participation
  • Multi-policy
  • Multi-car
  • Continuous insurance (based on how long you've been consistently insured even through other insurers)
  • Teen driver
  • Good student
  • Distant student (full time students age 22 or younger away at school without a car)
  • Homeowner (just for owning a home)
  • Online quote
  • Online document signature
  • Going paperless
  • Full 6-month payment
  • Automated payments

You can also save by bundling policies. Three consecutive years without accidents or tickets also results in lower premiums.

Snapshot® Program Discount

Many car insurers offer programs that customize your auto insurance rate based on your driving habits. Progressive stays current with industry trends by offering its Snapshot® Program. Through this program, you can get a personalized rate based on your driving. This rate won't be offered until your first policy period ends, which is typically six months.

You can use the Snapshot® app or the Snapshot® plugin to track your driving and get tips to improve your score. It only counts when you're driving the car, so you can deselect trips where you didn't drive.

The app notes when you use your phone, hard brakes, and fast acceleration. The plug-in is attached to your car and beeps when you brake hard. In general, you can improve your score by avoiding hard brakes, using slower acceleration, not using your phone, driving less frequently, and not driving at night.

While you'll need to wait six months before your discount kicks in, you do receive a discount just for participating in the program.

Policy Features With Savings

Progressive offers Small Accident Forgiveness that starts with your first policy. Your rate stays the same if the claim is less than $500. This accident forgiveness is a nice feature that protects your long-term budget.

Progressive clients who have been with the company for at least five years and have had no accidents in the last three years benefit from Large Accident Forgiveness. You won't have to worry about a rate increase if you're in a large accident and you meet Progressive's criteria.

You can add a Deductible Savings Bank feature for an increased premium. This feature knocks $50 off of your comprehensive or collision coverage deductible for each policy period without an accident or violation. These savings can come in handy when you do have an accident and need to pay your deductible.

Useful Rate and Comparison Tools

Progressive's platform allows you to compare rates and policies from other insurers, which will help you find the best policy at the best price.

Progressive's signature Name Your Price® Tool makes the car insurance company stand out from others. With this tool, it's easy to see car insurance policies that fit your target budget. This makes it easy to sort results and find policies that fit your budget.

Keep in mind that the coverage offered may not be as robust as more expensive insurance policies.

Helpful App

The Progressive App makes managing your insurance policy simple and convenient. You can view your policy information, billing and payments, ID cards and documents, and browse other insurance products from the app.

You can also use the app to request roadside assistance, file a claim, and upload photos for repair estimates. The Progressive App is full-service and makes it easy for your to manage your car insurance policy.

Convenient Customer Support

By choosing Progressive, you'll also benefit from convenient customer support. Progressive offers 24/7 customer support.

You can get insurance quotes and buy policies online. Once you have a policy, you can also manage your car insurance and file claims online. If you prefer, you can also call for a quote and call to make a claim.

You'll also benefit from Progressive's network of repair shops. These shops can do inspections or repairs. Progressive offers a limited lifetime guarantee for these repairs, which gives you additional peace of mind and confidence in the repairs your car gets.

Additional Insurance Policies and Quotes

Progressive offers many kinds of insurance. If you need a specific kind of car insurance, you can probably find it at Progressive. Progressive offers the following:

• Commercial auto
  • RV
  • ATV/UTV
  • Golf cart

If you're looking for a different kind of insurance product, you'll most likely be able to find it through Progressive. You can purchase the following from Progressive:

• Motorcycle insurance
  • Vision insurance
  • Pet insurance
  • General liability insurance
  • Professional liability insurance

You can even look for personal loans using Progressive. With its impressive selection of insurance types, Progressive is a great choice if you're looking for a one-stop shop for all your insurance needs.

The Bad

• Coverage Levels May Not Be Enough with the Name Your Price® Tool
  • Personal Information Required for Quote

Coverage Levels May Not Be Enough with the Name Your Price® Tool

Since the Name Your Price® Tool shows policies based on what you want to pay, these policies may have less robust coverage than more expensive ones. As you use this tool, pay close attention to the coverage offered by the policy and note the deductible.

You should also understand what kinds of coverage you can include in your policy and decide which ones you need. Knowing how car insurance works and looking at the deductibles will help you use the Name Your Price® Tool wisely.

Personal Information Required for Quote

To get a car insurance quote, you'll need to provide details on your car, your address, and driver's license. While this information is much more specific than what other services or insurance policies require for a quote, an auto insurance provider will need personal information to determine your quote.

The Bottom Line

While you should use the Name Your Price® Tool wisely, Progressive is an excellent way to find savings on car insurance. Its helpful features allow you to compare auto insurance rates and policies. You can also narrow your options down to policies in your price range with the Name Your Price® Tool. You'll also benefit from savings with Progressive 's many discounts.

Progressive offers many kinds of car insurance, so you'll be able to find even a specialized policy through the company. With each type of car insurance, Progressive offers good coverage options.

Whatever kind of car insurance you need, you're likely to find a good coverage option at Progressive.

Miriam Timmer-Hackert Iowa City, IA

We have progressive car and home insurance. They are super nice when we have called to ask if we needed a rider for solar panels (and we did not need an extra rider.)

Deborah Bastien Guyton, GA

I have been dealing with Progressive insurance for many years. They always have the lowest quote and good coverage. Easy to accesss your information with the app, and you can make changes to your policy on the app as well.

Mel L Canton, OH

When my son got in his accident Progressive basically did nothing. I don't even know what kind of deal they did with the driver of other car. They did not help to make ANY phone calls at all like my moms insurance did with her accident. I basically had to make most of them. What did I pay them for? I had know idea what I was doing and they have me no instructions either. So I did not get my money back from the GAP insurance like I should have and was told I was getting. "The check is coming" but I never received it and then it became too late. No one at Progressive would return my emails or phone calls. Waste of insurance premiums.

Joshua Mahoney New York, NY

We have insurance through Progressive on both our vehicles and our home. We are satisfied with the rates we pay; fortunately, we have never had to make an insurance claim with them in the 5+ years we've held policies with them, so I can't review that element of their service.

Candace Powers Port Richey, FL

Progressive is a fine company with very reasonable rates. They gave me an auto tracker to check my driving. I never realized before about my abruptness when breaking. I am glad that I had that little unit to help me drive better and lower my rates.

Dawn Stoliker Madawaska, ME

Good company, good prices, but they messed up when signing us up. I signed us up, used my email, and pay all the bills. Husband was clueless, as I take care of bills. Progressive automatically put policy under his name, so I was unable to make any changes without his permission. I was very insulted, and it was very inconvenient. They could not fix it. They would have to cancel entire policy and give me a new policy, but by doing so, it flagged us as changing insurance in a short period of time, and the price would have been a couple hundred dollars more.

Lisa C Johnson Windsor Mill, MD

I have been with progressive a long time. I was looking for an affordable car insurance and a friend suggested that I try Progressive. That was 11 years ago. Even though my driving record is pretty good, I have been hit by other drivers. I immediately called Progressive and the other drivers insurance to handle it. Progressive always has the most attentive customer service. I have never had any problems with them. I highly approve Progressive.

Kelly Knight , IL

I've had progressive for a long time and very satisfied. Not the cheapest but have excellent customer service. They are "Johnny on the spot" when you need a tow or had an accident. Couldn't ask for more. They even pursued 2 different drivers that hit me . unfortunately they were like gypsies& moved alot apparently. Agents got alot of info on the drivers for me and kept me informed in everything I ever had a claim for. #1 in my book

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

When I move to Florida I switched my insurance to progressive since travelers was not available in Florida and I was originally happy with the rate that I had for six months… Unfortunately after six months my rate was increased $250 which prompted me to look for other insurance which is why I switch to Geico… Prior to that however I will say that their customer service was amazing and the person that I had spoke on the phone with one originally getting my “explained everything to me in detail as to what all the coverage is meant since some in Florida or not provided or required up north so she took the time to explain everything to me and I am greatly appreciated for that… I can honestly say that I would’ve stayed with progressive had the rates stayed lower but like everybody we all want to save money

Jessica Lopez , FL

Been with them for 5 years for our autos and motorcycles . Their partners wanted too much for the homeowners insurance so I stayed with my current company.

Rachie Ray Riverside, CA

I recently got in a accident & they were great. Very helpful & responded in a timely manner. The man that was assigned to my case was so patient w/ me & explained everything as many times as I needed.

Greg Clayton ,

I've been with progressive for almost a decade and any time I've had an issue they have been ready to help. They offer amazing discounts for long term safe drivers.

Shawn McMahon Wausau, WI

Easy online application, with quick estimate of rates. Great customer service after becoming a customer as well. I had to file a claim on an auto accident, and they were easy to work with

Valencia Rucker Maple Heights, OH

I’ve been a customer for 3 years now and I can say progressive is top notice. One, their prices beat every other place I’ve searched around for insurance and their customer service is impeccable.

rachel tilley ,

Progressive was another choice of insurance companies I choose because im always able to speak with someone to resolve any issue I have with my car progressive is a great insurance provider

OverItAll Leesburg, FL

I am a new customer after running from the lizard company after 34 years! I am happy with my new coverage and with the customer service. And they gave me a great rate. Took advantage of their Snapshot program. I recommend Flo and her gang.

murfday College Station, TX

I went years without having a claim. I have had a hail damage and accident claim within the past year. The ease of the process has been great! And they are generous, not stingy, with the payouts. I also love the roadside assistance option. It’s basically $10/ year for peace of mind. I have used it when my battery died or a tire blew out.

Abby Ashby Provo, UT

K progressive is the BEST! Maybe I’m biased because my dad works there but he left other companies for their dishonesty and corruption. Now working for progressive he is so proud and loves their policies and honesty. He’s been there for over 10 years now and going strong :)

Dalyn Bellingham Monument, CO

Rates are the consistently the best I can find and service has been great as well. We had an accident which the claims specialist coordinated the repairs all the way through. A few months later, we found that there were still lingering issues and they continued to be very reasonable about covering it and helping.

jamie cox Dayton, OH

They are a great price. Love that my rate goes down every few years with any incidents. Def pay to get the roadside assistance.

Bethany Rockville, MD

We had Progressive Auto Insurance for almost 2 years. During the pandemic, most of other insurance companies provided good discounts due to the less use of auto cars. But Progressive didn’t. I do believe the company can be more considerate.

Maralisa Salazar ,

The best valued price for someone with a not-so-perfect driving history. Great if you have accidents or a DUI because they don't shoot their prices through the roof because you make mistakes.

brandon bingham West Jordan, UT

I have trailer insurance through them. It is fairly inexpensive. I really don't use my trailer that much so I may just forego the insurance next year. It took a while to set up the policy.

Jessica Duncan Angola, IN

I love progressive auto insurance! If I have any questions they always make sure to provide the answers! I also like the fact that the longer you are with them the less you pay!

Kris Kehe Houston, TX

Recently change my Wife's Auto provider to this company and so far they are great. Its a great Insurance which covers everything you'll need for owning your own vehicle and driving safely on the roads.

Beverly Hopkins Charlotte, NC

Progressive insurance is extremely affordable & offer great service! I would recommend Progressive insurance to anyone that is looking for great customer service and coverage!

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

This is my favorite insurance. When I was looking for an insurance, I did not know much about what I needed or how it would work and progressive explained everything to me very simple and made my plan just for me! I 100% recommend!

Ashton Rogers Fayetteville, AR

Progressive has been my car insurance company for 3 years now and I have never had any issues with them. The customer service is great and I love the app because it is so user-friendly and modern. I was able to add my insurance cards to my Apple Wallet on my phone so that if I need to present them, they are easily accessible.

Kent Logan, UT

I used Progressive for motorcycle insurance while I still rode. Their rates are good and the process for enrolling is straightforward, as is their periodic billing. Reminders came automatically and with plenty of advance notice when premiums were due.

Cassie Banuelos Tampa, FL

So far so good! I am able to do a lot from the app and any customer service representative has been excellent.

Kelly chase Newark, NJ

Progressive is the best car insurance I’ve ever had! They listen and understand. They have great coverage!

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

We have car and home insurance from Progressive Auto Insurance. We satisfy the service from it. It providers on time custom services and give great help.

Debbie McCale ,

Switch last yr.Better rates and awesome customer service. WE DID THE PLUG IN TO TRACK OUR DRIVING AND GOT A HUGE DISCOUNT

Rachel Butler Provo, UT

Best price possible by over $100 dollars and honestly our coverage is pretty great too. Didn’t cover full windshield replacement, but would have for repair

David Tanner Tempe, AZ

They have helped us through moving to a new state and given us great deals on our auto insurance from day one. They’re programs to let you reduce your price are great, too.

Queendom Ally Miami, FL

Progressive is very responsive however like many insurance ompanies they don't really want to pay so the investigation is annoying. They were surprisingly affordable tho a d the customer service was A1

Shahin H. Centreville, VA

Offers initials discounts to lure in customers but then your price goes up by $50+ dollars during every renewal. If you call to ask for their reasoning, they read off the same script, some of the others do. Good company overall but not great.

Gilbert M Des Moines, IA

I am a three year customer now. I have not had any accidents. I do enjoy the discounts and look forward to having less price. I would always suggest progressive. They have taken care of me for sometime now.

Melissa Providence, UT

We have had Progressive for several years and they are very helpful with all the claims that have been processed. They also help us get and save money with our student drivers.

Chelsea Bishop Las Vegas, NV

Progressive has been so easy to work with. I like their online portals, and it is easy to compare and contrast what you are spending on Auto insurance to what you could be spending if you move your policy around a little bit. They have good customer service as well!

Mindy Smith Smithfield, UT

We have had progressive insurance on both of our vehicles for 9 years and nothing but good things to say about it. The 1 time I was in a rear-end accident, they were so efficient and helpful and we got everything squared away so fast. We always are getting rebates and discounts to so that is a plus!

Lottielyn Schwenke Orlando, FL

I've had Progressive for a few years now and it's pretty great. Rates are reasonable and I'm able to renew every quarter without rates skyrocketing. The flat tire service is my favorite service covered through the app. We hit lots of nails so it's nice to have help.

KSCOMOGA Overland Park, KS

We first choose Progressive after using the online app that compares prices with other insurance companies, they were the lowest. We have been with them for over 25 years. We never had any problems with them yet. All my children have them also. The claim process is so easy I don't know why other companies don't do it. Before I wrote this I tried very hard to think of something wrong that Progressive did, but I couldn't.

Tabyoungco2008 Decatur, GA

I’m new to Progressive but they saved me over $600 a year in car insurance. My credit is less than perfect and my previous auto insurance was Root. Root increase my premium because of my credit score dropped. I got quotes for over 10 different companies. Progressive was the only one that suggest to increase my $500 deductible to $1000 and was able to keep everything else the same. That kinda suck but now I can once again afford my insurance.

Jay Atz Little River, SC

I have been using Progressive personal and commercial Auto insurance since 2006,there was 1 accident involved and 3 Auto emergency services needed (like AAA) for the accident the agent assigned to the case was most informative and influential, the emergency Auto service was there in under 20 mins each time, a flat tire change and second occurrence was dead battery.

B A Hooper Mesa, AZ

Awesome rates. Full coverage with great options available. Excellent service.

David Legarretta Midland, TX

They are a good company and the price is excellent. They are good with customers.

Christopher Lake Menomonee Falls, WI

Really the easiest insurance to work with. We have had 2 claims in 5 years and they have been incredible to work with.

Alexa Williamson Orem, UT

We get the best deal with progressive! We even got the save driving discount and based off our driving patterns save 25 dollars a month

JB3 Consulting Group Houston, TX

I been with Progressive for a couple of years now and they have the best prices in the business. Customer service is awesome.