Allstate offers excellent auto insurance coverage options and several discounts that can help you save money and get the protection you need for your liability and car.

Allstate stands out for its Drivewise® program that in addition to offering savings for good driving offers rewards for completing safe driving challenges. Allstate is a recommended insurer, especially if you're looking for a safe driving discount program that stands out.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Helpful Tools and Resources
  • Range of Coverage Options
  • Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance
  • Good Discounts
  • Drivewise® Program

Positive Reviews

Allstate auto insurance reviews on BestCompany.com are largely positive. Reviewers praise Allstate for customer service, trust in agents, claims processing, and pricing.

Allstate's high proportion of positive reviews reflect customer satisfaction with the car insurance company.

Helpful Tools and Resources

Allstate offers many helpful tools and resources on its website. You can get a quote for an insurance rate, file a claim, and track your claim all online.

You can also learn more about car insurance and how to read car insurance documents from Allstate's articles.

Allstate's Bumper-to-bumper Basics® tool helps you see what limits and deductibles might work well for your situation and needs. This tool is especially helpful if you're in the early stages of car insurance shopping because it can help you decide what you should look for in your car insurance coverage.

Range of Coverage Options

Allstate offers a range of coverage options that you can include in your policy. These coverages include collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments, underinsured and uninsured motorist, sound system insurance, roadside assistance, personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and rental reimbursement.

Allstate also offers personal umbrella liability coverage that goes beyond the liability coverage usually offered by auto insurance policies.

Rideshare drivers can close the coverage gap between when their personal policy stops and when the rideshare company's begins with Ride For Hire®. This rideshare insurance ensures that you're always covered while you're driving.

If you're a car collector or have a classic car, you'll benefit from Allstate's classic car insurance. There are no mileage restrictions. The policy protects your car's value and allows you to choose where your car gets repaired.

Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance

If you're planning a trip to Mexico, your U.S. car insurance policy won't cover you while you drive in Mexico.

Allstate's Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance offers protection for physical damage and theft, bodily injury or property damage, medical payments, legal assistance, loan or lease payoff for a totaled new car, roadside assistance, and medical evacuation.

Pay attention to what the policy's limits are because that is the most the insurance company will pay for each coverage. You'll also want to look at the deductibles because that's what you're responsible for before your insurance policy kicks in.

You must have similar coverage for your U.S. policy, be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license.

Good Discounts

Allstate helps you save money on your car insurance premium by offering several discounts. You may qualify for some of the following discounts:

• New car (first owner)
  • Multiple policy
  • Smart student (under age 25 and good grades, successful completion of teenSMART driver program, or live 100 miles away from your car)
  • Anti-lock brake
  • Anti-theft device
  • Early Signing Discount® (since policy seven or more days before it starts)
  • Responsible payer (no cancellation notice for non-payment within the last year)
  • EZ pay plan (autopay)
  • Allstate eSmart® (go paperless)
  • FullPay® discount
  • Safe Driving Club

Most insurers offer a range of discounts that help policyholders save on their car insurance rate.

Drivewise® Program

You can also receive a discount for participating in Allstate's Drivewise® program. This program monitors your driving and scores it. You benefit from real time feedback and can start earning cash back or policy credits after your first 50 trips.

You'll also earn Allstate Rewards® for daily deals when you complete safe driving challenges. Allstate's Drivewise® program stands out for its safe driving challenges and Allstate Rewards® benefits.

As you accrue points for safe driving and develop good driving habits, you can redeem them for things like gift cards, auctions, magazine subscription, travel, and more.

In addition to helping you save and drive safely, the Drivewise® app also offers parking reminders so you can avoid tickets and towing. You can use Good Hands Rescue to connect with roadside assistance.

The Bad

Must Provide Specific Personal Information for Quote

Before you can view quotes on Allstate's website, you must provide personal information like your car's VIN, your address, and your driver's license. While this can be frustrating, this information is necessary to show reliable quotes. Other car insurance companies follow the same practices.

The Bottom Line

Allstate is worth exploring further if you're looking for a good auto insurance policy that fits your budget. Positive Allstate customer reviews reflect claims satisfaction, good customer service, and good rates.

Allstate offers many great coverage options that meet the needs of rideshare drivers, car collectors, and tourists in Mexico. Whatever your driving needs, you'll be able to find a policy that meets them.

When you purchase Allstate car insurance, you can also benefit from its many discounts, including participation in its Drivewise® program. You'll get a discount for participating in the program.

After your first 50 trips, you'll start earning cash back or policy credits. Unlike other safe driving programs, you can also earn rewards for completing safe driver challenges.

We recommend working with Allstate for its car insurance product options, discounts, and Drivewise® program.

Lora Thomas

January 14th, 2021 Denton, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been with Allstate for 2 1/2 years. The agent was very helpful. He listened and made suggestions. I got the coverage I wanted.

MikeD

November 17th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is awesome! They took care of everything through the entire process when my wife was in an accident. Would highly recommend.

Scott Billings

November 9th, 2020 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always easy to contact and get straight answers from the agent. Competitively priced.

Mindy Baumann

November 5th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been with Allstate for 20 years for both home and auto insurance. They have been great for when auto accidents have happened, and we trust every agent we work with.

Wendy

October 26th, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have a great Allstate agent! He is very knowledgeable and we feel he has our best interest in mind.

Mark

October 25th, 2020 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been with Allstate for many years, both for Home Insurance and Car Insurance. For the most part, it has been a great experience. Primarily, the 5 star review is for our Agent. He is amazing!

Melissa vandenover

October 9th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we drove through a freak hail storm I was able to go online instantly and file a claim. Allstate was fantastic to work with quickly processing our claim and ultimately helping get our car fixed in a timely manner

Ashley Ulibarri

September 4th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the Allstate app and their Drivewise program. Saving money based on good driving habits is such an awesome perk.

Tiauna Anderson

September 3rd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Allstate was the very first insurance company I ever used when I got my driver's license and they have always taken very good care of me! I haven't had an accident and I love that I get a discount for my record.

Jolene

September 3rd, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used Allstate for many years. I appreciate how kind and helpful the agents are. They helped us through each step of our claim. I also love the accident forgiveness option too.

NikhilW

July 7th, 2020 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Haven't filed a claim and I mostly work out of home but still saw premiums go up. The agent (dean b) seems out of touch with reality and competition. It takes 15 mins to switch...

Nicole Richman

July 2nd, 2020 Pearland, TX

I've gotten multiple quotes from Allstate for homeowners, car, and life insurance. They aren't the cheapest, but as a big name company, their customer service is probably better.

AD

July 1st, 2020 Milford, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This year Allstate really impressed me with coming through on price promises. Excellent customer service. They have definitely secured my business and I highly recommend them to others.

Continuing Customer

June 30th, 2020 La Porte, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Allstate has very high rates. I have eliminated some of my services with them. As soon as I can find a company where I can combine all of my services at a reasonable premium, I will surely say good bye to Allstate.

Pamela B

June 28th, 2020 Fairmount, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This Company does what they say, and dont come out of the sky with raised prices. Their Drivewise really saves you money. You can watch yourself earn money back on each driving trip you take. The Morgan S Agency has live agents you get to talk to when you call

walter e crockran

June 27th, 2020 North Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My insurance experience with Allstate has always been awesome. They are always courteous to me and very helpful. I left them after being with them for most of my driving experience and was in a rush to get back because they always return my calls, e-mails and handle my claims extremely fast

turner2001

June 21st, 2020 Santa Clara, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Several years I had Allstate Insurance Co. for my vehicle. I had a great insurance agent, and I would give him 5 Stars. The reason I rated Allstate 4 Stars here is because their premiums can often be beat. On the other hand, Allstate is a large and reputable company that pays customers' claims. Overall, you won't go wrong with Allstate.

Hina Zeb

June 19th, 2020 Richmond, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have always had a good experience with Allstate and their agents. They are real good with trying to match or beat prices.

Thomas

June 9th, 2020 Groveport, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No claims have been filed since I have been with the company. Received a rebate/refund due to the coronavirus.

Raymond Larson III

June 9th, 2020 Iowa City, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service! Very friendly and reasonable and feel like the people of the company try to provide excellent service!

Norm Risoya

June 9th, 2020 Blacklick, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a collision loss with my BMW 650i last year. Allstate allowed for all oem parts, had the rental car waiting for me a the body shop, and I did not even need to fool with an estimate.

Michael Spencer

June 9th, 2020 Malabar, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fair price, great service, great agent. They handle claims quickly with no hassles.

Marv1959

June 9th, 2020 Oxford, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was rear ended buy a party who was insured and admitted responsibility. They made me photograph the damage prior to opening the claim in spite of my telling them that I am disabled. They sent me a check based on an estimate based on those photos minus my deductible.

LRandall

June 9th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Agent stays in touch and constantly makes us aware of the discounts! Is always on top of things.

Greg

June 9th, 2020 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Agent is good, Allstate is horrible. Take my money and have obscene price increases as I drive less than ever.

Leo Carter

June 9th, 2020 Cordova, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All State has won my my dedication to them by providing me with excellent coverage at a very reasonable rate, professionalism and expressing what appears to be genuine concern for me and my family

Debra

June 9th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and always able to answer any questions that I have about my car insurance.

Granada Combs

June 9th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast and fair on claims but premiums are too expensive . I have had three different agents but I’ve never seen or spoken to anyone in person.

Del

June 9th, 2020 Bellevue, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hard to deal with after an accident. The individual we felt with was nothing but attitude and didn't care about anything but getting the claim of her desk as cheaply a possible. The vehicle has been in the shop for almost monthly since being repaired from a front end collision and bent frame.

Angelique

June 9th, 2020 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always friendly and things get taken care of quickly

Ulyssis

June 9th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service always there to assist you with any question

Quentin Smalls

June 9th, 2020 Longs, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company. Always take care of the customers on the spot. Awesome

JoAnn Deardorf

June 9th, 2020 Brookfield, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best price by far, especially if you bundle home and auto. The employess are very helpful.

Rickey

June 8th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot tell you how much I love Allstate for my auto insurance. My agent rocks; she checks in on me regularly and explains why costs change when they go down or up. By switching to Allstate from State Farm, I saved a lot of money. In fact, I went with Allstate because I had heard they were nice to work with, and they were giving me the best offers for my money (bang for buck) out of ALL the other companies I called and got quotes from. This includes companies like Geico, State Farm, etc.

Matt Pioli

June 3rd, 2020 Rochester, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had many different insurance companies, but Allstate was the best o e to work with my family's situation. Highly recommended!

mary b

June 3rd, 2020 Columbus, OH

great representatives. Always very polite and helpful. Good coverage. Best price i could find

Trent

June 3rd, 2020 Pineville, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst insurance company i have ever dealt with. I had them while I was living in Texas and my monthly rate changed every month on 2 vehicles. No one could tell me why. So i left them and went elsewhere

afayman

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful in setting up new account and with settling intermittent claims. Great customer service -- always available to answer questions and address concerns.

D. Kaiser

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely positive. I just receive a 15% discount due to the COVID-19 virus.

Terri

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very Professional. Great rates and friendly staff.

Salvador Nieto

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Exceptional service and support service and customer service

Kristine L

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good with claims, agents office is great but their premiums are one of the highest.

Eric Metzger

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent. When I really needed them they were there.

Barbara C Strahm

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good coverage, just costs too much. should get discounts for no claims

Gerry Fribourg

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

have not had a major claim, but small stuff has always been no problem

c. Hayden

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the service agent was great and she was very helpful in meeting my needs.

MissB

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had wonderful experiences with this company throughout my enrollment period

Beatrice Lane

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

friendly agents , very knowledgeable , trustworthy , very dependable.

Edger Royster

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

' just ok not informative nothing explained. Or discuss with client. Would like more options discussion

Robert J. Vaites

May 26th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are always helpful and if they are not sure about something they will check and call me back in no time.