Allstate Auto Insurance Logo

Allstate Auto Insurance

8.9

Allstate offers excellent auto insurance coverage options and several discounts that can help you save money and get the protection you need for your liability and car.

Allstate stands out for its Drivewise® program that in addition to offering savings for good driving offers rewards for completing safe driving challenges. Allstate is a recommended insurer, especially if you're looking for a safe driving discount program that stands out.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Helpful Tools and Resources
  • Range of Coverage Options
  • Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance
  • Good Discounts
  • Drivewise® Program

Positive Reviews

Allstate auto insurance reviews on BestCompany.com are largely positive. Reviewers praise Allstate for customer service, trust in agents, claims processing, and pricing.

Allstate's high proportion of positive reviews reflect customer satisfaction with the car insurance company.

Helpful Tools and Resources

Allstate offers many helpful tools and resources on its website. You can get a quote for an insurance rate, file a claim, and track your claim all online.

You can also learn more about car insurance and how to read car insurance documents from Allstate's articles.

Allstate's Bumper-to-bumper Basics® tool helps you see what limits and deductibles might work well for your situation and needs. This tool is especially helpful if you're in the early stages of car insurance shopping because it can help you decide what you should look for in your car insurance coverage.

Range of Coverage Options

Allstate offers a range of coverage options that you can include in your policy. These coverages include collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments, underinsured and uninsured motorist, sound system insurance, roadside assistance, personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and rental reimbursement.

Allstate also offers personal umbrella liability coverage that goes beyond the liability coverage usually offered by auto insurance policies.

Rideshare drivers can close the coverage gap between when their personal policy stops and when the rideshare company's begins with Ride For Hire®. This rideshare insurance ensures that you're always covered while you're driving.

If you're a car collector or have a classic car, you'll benefit from Allstate's classic car insurance. There are no mileage restrictions. The policy protects your car's value and allows you to choose where your car gets repaired.

Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance

If you're planning a trip to Mexico, your U.S. car insurance policy won't cover you while you drive in Mexico.

Allstate's Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance offers protection for physical damage and theft, bodily injury or property damage, medical payments, legal assistance, loan or lease payoff for a totaled new car, roadside assistance, and medical evacuation.

Pay attention to what the policy's limits are because that is the most the insurance company will pay for each coverage. You'll also want to look at the deductibles because that's what you're responsible for before your insurance policy kicks in.

You must have similar coverage for your U.S. policy, be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license.

Good Discounts

Allstate helps you save money on your car insurance premium by offering several discounts. You may qualify for some of the following discounts:

• New car (first owner)
  • Multiple policy
  • Smart student (under age 25 and good grades, successful completion of teenSMART driver program, or live 100 miles away from your car)
  • Anti-lock brake
  • Anti-theft device
  • Early Signing Discount® (since policy seven or more days before it starts)
  • Responsible payer (no cancellation notice for non-payment within the last year)
  • EZ pay plan (autopay)
  • Allstate eSmart® (go paperless)
  • FullPay® discount
  • Safe Driving Club

Most insurers offer a range of discounts that help policyholders save on their car insurance rate.

Drivewise® Program

You can also receive a discount for participating in Allstate's Drivewise® program. This program monitors your driving and scores it. You benefit from real time feedback and can start earning points after your first 50 trips.

As you accrue points for safe driving and develop good driving habits, you can redeem them for things like gift cards, auctions, magazine subscription, travel, and more.

In addition to helping you save and drive safely, the Drivewise® app also offers parking reminders so you can avoid tickets and towing. You can use Good Hands Rescue to connect with roadside assistance.

The Bad

Must Provide Specific Personal Information for Quote

Before you can view quotes on Allstate's website, you must provide personal information like your car's VIN, your address, and your driver's license. While this can be frustrating, this information is necessary to show reliable quotes. Other car insurance companies follow the same practices.

The Bottom Line

Allstate is worth exploring further if you're looking for a good auto insurance policy that fits your budget. Positive Allstate customer reviews reflect claims satisfaction, good customer service, and good rates.

Allstate offers many great coverage options that meet the needs of rideshare drivers, car collectors, and tourists in Mexico. Whatever your driving needs, you'll be able to find a policy that meets them.

When you purchase Allstate car insurance, you can also benefit from its many discounts, including participation in its Drivewise® program. You'll get a discount for participating in the program.

After your first 50 trips, you'll start earning points that can be redeemed for gift cards, travel, and more. Unlike other safe driving programs, you can also earn rewards for completing safe driver challenges.

We recommend working with Allstate for its car insurance product options, discounts, and Drivewise® program.

Myrtle Wallace Clayton, NC

I have only had Allstate for less than a year but so far am completely satisfied with them. Our local agent is Stephen M and is such a nice young man. Myrtle E. Wallace Clayton NC

Rodney Lee Fort Worth, TX

I love Allstate and my insurance team. Julie S's office is the reason I've stayed, Esmeralda and Margo are two of the most professional and helpful agents I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I've definitely found cheaper policies, but the team is worth the money. Any claims I've had, they've taken care of me and it's great to have that sense of safety.

RICH STANTON Levittown, PA

The agent is really a customer service type of guy. I tol him even if his rates are hiher I would never stop allstate, he answers the phone always or his staff. what I dislike is nothing, the company is very good. I would never chang I have my home and car with allstate the only thing that was not goo is they WOULD NOT TAKE A CLAIM AND PAY IT OTHER WISE THEY ARE GOOD CLAIM

Pazzo Miami Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was a customer a few years ago. Their customer service is good but their service in general not so much, too expensive, your policy increases every time (I’m in FL). The drivewise program is an insult to their customers, it should be called the “don’tdrive” program. Not the worse company though, I stayed with them for about 10 years.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

We have used the Allstate lockout service when our kids have locked their keys in their cars more times than I'd like to admit. The customer service staff have been very helpful each time we have called whether it be for the lockout service or inquiries into our protection. We have bundled our house and our cars to save us money and every little bit helps. We would recommend Allstate to others.

John Carter Winchester, VA

In March of 2021 I realized that I was paying to much for auto insurance through USAA. My daughter had been with Allstate for a few months, so I contacted the same agent that she had. I could not believe the price I was quoted. As opposed to USAA I’m currently saving 400.00 by using Allstate. Great Company

BestEggCustomer

Premium is up out of sudden without any wrong from us. Called in to ask for reasons of higher premium but got some chunk explainings. Got 2 cars and a house for insured. The house premium went up 30% out of nowhere. I canceled the house insurance and my car insurance went up from $740 to $1065. I took out 1 newest car. Ony 1 older car left but premium now is $730. What in the world. I’ll move that car out of Allstate next month.

Ronnie Rockinoldman63 Delaware Concord, CA

Allstate was a great company, I had them for all of my insurances, multiple homes & autos, an umbrella for 24 years. I had a fender bender on the way home from the airport, $1050.00 in damage to the other car. In California, any damage over $1,000.00 requires that a half-point be added to your license. This one accident raised my insurance cost from $395.00 every six months to $1,300.00 every six months. When asked if there was anything that could be done to lower the cost I got a flat NO. Even after 24 years of being a customer, my only blemish on my driving record was this one accident. Nothing they could do I was told. So I check with other insurance companies and all of them had lower rates, by a few hundred dollars. I called back told them I would have to move my insurance if I couldn't get a break on the auto insurance. Nothing they could do they said. So move all of my insurances to State Farm. I save 650.00 per year on my homes and 550.00 on my auto. You might be in good hands, but they sure do not care about loyalty.

Jeffrey A Stapp Ellensburg, WA

Allstate has been the only insurance company I have ever been with for about 40 years, have never had a problem with their service or insurance, always willing to help me when ever I need something, very caring and curtious, and extremely helpful, Thank you Allstate, I know I would never go anywhere else

Daniel Johnson Wonder Lake, IL

Truly, the best auto insurance I have ever experienced this far. I have researched countless auto insurance carriers, and not one has been able to beat Allstate's fantastic prices, benefits, and customer service, for all my insurance needs. I'm keeping them for a very long time.time

Sherry Pitts Fort Walton Beach, FL

I enjoyed All-State. But I could never get a call back from them when I needed them and are auto insurance went up.

Maru Gallegos Calexico, CA

More than happy, fast solution and answer quickly when I have been in trouble with my car. The price is very good for what they offer. Excellent coverages.

Kimberly Adams [McDoniel ES] Las Vegas, NV

I have had Allstate Insurance for many years although I have changed to different agents. It seems that they will give you better prices over another Allstate agent. The only way to find out is to ask. Sometimes it works, it did for me.

Julie Baier

Allstate has proven to be exactly what an insurance company should be. High level solutions as easy as possible. I am thankful for how they have handled my claims.

Sara Walton Kansas City, MO

Pricy but a good service my family used them for over 20yrs until their prices were to high to afford but they are a goof service to have and have good perks just like inthe commercials state.

DealStar Salt Lake City, UT

I had a GREAT experience with Allstate Auto Insurance and only left them when I moved out of state and connected with a family member's insurance agent. No complaints at all about Allstate!

Rodney ,

I'm refinancing my Home and needed Home Owners Insurance information from my Allstate Agent. Christina C. helped me and was Awesome. I called or emailed her at least 10 times with different requests. She helped me with every situation. I'm glad she was there to assist me through the process. She also helped me add a new Vehicle to my auto policy. She was very knowledgeable and professional throughout.

Gina Marie Commack, NY

I absolutely love all state and have been with them for over a decade now my entire family utilizes all state as well as friends. They always go above and beyond to make sure you were satisfied all of your Questions are always answered in a timely manner and the price you cannot be. I would highly recommend Adam S. as an agent of all state as he has always done such a phenomenal job. I utilize them not only for my automobiles but also my home insurance as well currently I am looking into life insurance with them they always have the best prices and the best customer quality care

Paul Cynthia Smith Lakewood, CA

We work with Matthew H in Orange County, California. He has been our agent for Home and Auto for over 12 years. His response time is impeccable when we need attention and or adjustments. He is prompt when we qualify for rebates or different upgrades in coverage that might benefit without being pushy. He just provides the information and we do as we see fit for our needs. We just recently added earthquake insurance and were pleased with our package. We have no intentions of changing our Agent or Insurance company. The Customer service is preference over price.

WT Vienna, VA

Had been insured by Allstate for almost 10 years with no accidents or tickets and my insurance rate almost doubled. Left them for California Casualty and have had a reasonable rate since.

Jim Small Concord, NC

My agent helped me navigate all my insurance needs to find new the best possible deal that fit my life.

Dave Spokane, WA

I've been with Allstate for over 20 years. I stick with them because from what I can tell they have the best rates. The customer service is generally good.

Bob Rosenthal Dallas, TX

Pay by the mile is an ingenious program for anyone that puts on little mileage. We will save close to $1000 off our insurance rate this year.

Barb Pro Columbus, OH

We’ve been with Allstate for over ten years. My husband likes them. He needed them when a deer jumped on his Jeep. They covered everything fast.

Mike Ashurst, Sr Prattville, AL

Used Allstate for several years on many cars. Claims paid quickly and handled very efficiently. Price is in line with competitors and value is great.

John Swensen Croton-on-Hudson, NY

I have been with Allstate for 50 years and they are the best! I've had 3 accidents in that 50 years and they fix right away and no problems!

Gabriel Sanchez Phoenix, AZ

I came to Allstate from another insurance company and love how easy it is to use their technology. I was able to use their app to get insurance cards and even schedule a tow.

Mim Lauj Hudson, WI

Allstate has been great! I've been with them for 8 years now. I got in an accident when I had Progressive and was immediately dropped by them. Went with State Farm afterwards but because I was dropped, my rate was terrible. After asking for a discount or lower rate after a year with State Farm, the agent said he couldn't help me. I looked at Farmer's and Allstate and got a great quote from an agent in the Tom Baecker office in St. Paul. I've been with them since, 3 accidents later, still with them. The claims process is as painless as possible and thorough.

Patriot Bren Houston, TX

Love this company! I've used USAA and TX Farm Bureau but they cost more. Filing a claim was quick and easy!

Carrie Prince George, VA

I was in an accident with a driver who was insured with Allstate and it has been almost five years later and Allstate still has not paid me for the accident and I was hit from behind while sitting at a red light. They tried to offer me less for my injuries than they paid to get my car fixed.

Liquid_Robot TE Florence, SC

I’ve had and will always have Allstate for all my home, car and life insurance coverage. THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!

Rebecca Mays ,

While Allstate offers some pretty competitive rates, they severely lack in their customer service department. I specifically went to my local agent that was located close to my home in order to get help from someone close when/if I ever needed it. Every time I called them to ask simple questions, I would be redirected to their generic customer support number and was never able to speak with someone in the same area, let alone the same country.

Magnum0970 Cerritos, CA

Overall I have been happy with Allstate, and have used them for both auto and home insurance, but overtime felt like prices slowly creeped hire to the point that I had to shop around again to get my prices back down. Depending on price is I wouldn’t mind switching back to Allstate at some future point again.

Yeun Childers Evanston, IL

My agent is the best to work with. So far, Allstate has been great with a couple of auto claims we had and a homeowner's insurance claim. The pricing is far less than what I was paying with State Farm.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Allstate Auto Insurance has offered me the best rates covering every possibly liability. They are careful in creating policies that safeguard against financial liability. They have easy terms and fair billing practices. Their insurance agents are highly trained being able to answer any concern. Highly recommended as I have had nothing but a great experience with them.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

We have had our car insurance, life insurance, and house insurance with Allstate for 20 years. They have always been very helpful and have excellent customer service. When we were searching for a car for our son, they were willing to give us quotes on how much the car insurance would be which was very helpful in determining what type of car to buy. We like the discounts we receive for good grades and good driving.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

Allstate is a good insurance provider. However, i got in a car accident a few months ago and when my husband called them, the representative made the whole situation a lot more stressful by saying that we’d have to pay for the rental car, etc. Even though the accident wasn’t our fault. The rep knew the accident wasn’t our fault but he was still required to say we had to pay for it and then get reimbursed later on just to cover Allstate from any liability. That bothered me a lot and i wished they would’ve been more easy going in stressful situations like car accidents. No need to make things more stressful for the person!

Jackie Spokane, WA

Have been an Allstate customer for years - I appreciate the discounts offered to keep our rates low.

Cbblighthouse Atlanta, GA

I have had All state Home and Auto for 15 yrs. Paying too much for both. Agent is great. Customer service is fantastic. Think that is why I stay.

Debra Sims Chicago, IL

I loved all state auto insurance in the beginning the 1st few years but at the end I had an agent that was very sarcastic and basically just mean so I dropped them

Cherie valence Westwego, LA

They are priced very well. They are quick to get you paid In the event of an accident

Holly Neff Moorefield, WV

Was with Allstate for 20 years no accidents or tickets but they continued to raise my rates for no good reason. Would not recommend.

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

Our family has used Allstate for home and auto insurance for 30 years. They have been great when we've needed to file a claim and helpful and professional in all ways. We have lived in several parts of the country and we've changed our agent when we moved, but stayed with Allstate because the service has been excellent. They are competitive in price, but not the least expensive, but you get a great product and service. We receive cash rewards for good driving records, which are significant. We also had an instance where someone fraudulently said we had been in an accident with them in another city and Allstate took care of it quickly and without any trouble to us. We would highly recommend them. My only "complaint" is that they send a lot of email advertisements, but that is something you can control.

James Edwards ,

I switched to them last year from State Farm. With State Farm, the premiums just kept going up. When I compared, Allstate was the dramatic winner by saving me a lot of money for the exact same coverage.

Bryce Johnson Colorado Springs, CO

Allstate is tremendous, they truly save you money wherever is possible. If drivewise or similar products were required, driving could be a much safer and pleasurable experience.

Steven Jackson

Allstate insurance company has the best all around the table deal. Car insurance,Rental insurance and, Life insurance plans. All have to do is call Elk Grove Allstate insurance company like did .Believe me you will be happy just like me.

Don Dunagan Camillus, NY

We have them for homeowners and car. Good price, ease of putting in a claim

Marjorie Galloway Stone Mountain, GA

I really like the offers from Allstate but their prices for insurance are outrageous. $300 for a pd for 2010....

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

I was a customer of Allstate for a number of years both for Auto and Home. I liked the discount for having both home and auto together. I liked having an agent. I used Allstate while having several teenage drivers. Having an agent meant having someone who would go to bat for you. Particularly we had a car that needed repair and the repair shop caused damage during the repair process. I was able to explain to the agent that the damage was caused by the shop and even though the shop denied responsibility, the agent stood up for us and the shop competed the repairs. The shop would not have done the repair without our agent going to bat for us. I felt Allstate charged fair rates, the only reason we switched was that Allstate stopped providing earthquake coverage for homes. Without the discount for having both Home and Auto it was not worth staying with them.

Rickey Lehi, UT

I cannot tell you how much I love Allstate for my auto insurance. My agent rocks; she checks in on me regularly and explains why costs change when they go down or up. By switching to Allstate from State Farm, I saved a lot of money. In fact, I went with Allstate because I had heard they were nice to work with, and they were giving me the best offers for my money (bang for buck) out of ALL the other companies I called and got quotes from. This includes companies like Geico, State Farm, etc.