Allstate Auto Insurance

Allstate Auto Insurance Logo

7.5

Allstate Auto Insurance

Mobile app, 50 state coverage

Allstate is the second largest provider of personal insurance and the largest publicly-held insurance company in the United States. The company offers many other types of insurance, including homeowners, life and fire insurance, and has expanded into Canada. However, Allstate does not seem to be the fastest or most efficient company when it comes to handling claims.

The Good

• Coverage features
  • Service coverage
  • Discounts
  • File/track claims

Coverage Features

• Rental reimbursement
  • Audio/Video equipment
  • Towing and labor

Service Coverage

Allstate services all 50 states and each state has agents to help customers to better understand their state's insurance requirements. Allstate allows you to check auto insurance requirements for each state. Agents help create personalized plans to satisfy your needs

Allstate has a truly impressive variety of insurance coverage types for just about any area you can imagine, so it can be a one-stop shop for all of your insurance needs. Rates are not the lowest in the industry, and in some cases are a bit higher than the competition, but overall they are not bad. In fact, for such a massive company with so many options, the rates are reasonable.

Discounts

• Safe drivers
  • TeenSMART
  • Defensive driver

File/Track Claims

Allstate offers a free app for iPhones and Android phones that is fairly well reviewed. The current version has a higher rating than previous versions, as Allstate has added features, improved the interface and corrected some minor bugs. The app offers a good range of features, giving users access to all of their accounts, allowing them to make payments, file and track claims, manage policies and access roadside assistance.

In fact, filing and tracking claims couldn't be easier. Customers can do it through an agent directly, over the phone, online through the Allstate website or through the mobile phone app. The process is fairly simple, and the claim can be tracked every step of the way.

The Bad

• Poor claim payout
  • Steep rates

Poor Claim Payout

The American Association for Justice ranked Allstate as among the worst insurance companies on the market in 2008 because of what they called a "boxing gloves" approach to paying out claims. Allstate says they have vastly improved their approach since then, but complaints continue to mount.

Steep Rates

Allstate does not have the most affordable rates on the market. In some cases, their rates are a little higher than the competition, so this might not be the best choice for someone who is just looking for the cheapest premium.

The Bottom Line

Despite some complaints about claims processing, Allstate is a massive company that offers an impressive array of insurance coverage types. Rates are not bad, if not the lowest in the industry, but the convenience of getting all of your insurance needs met in one place might make it worth paying just a little bit more.

They lack one or two common discount options, but the ones they do offer are pretty good. The safe driving bonus check is particularly appealing. Overall, Allstate comes highly recommended for their long, stable history and variety of coverage option.

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Allstate Auto Insurance is a very trusted company, and I feel the same way. When I had an accident they took care of everything without a hiccup.

Avery Fowler
June 7th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

When we compared this company with our current insurance provider they were very similar in services, but because we have been with our insurance for so long we decided not to switch at this time. If we ever decide to change companies, we will seriously consider Allstate because of their customer and brand reliability.

Louis Francis
May 25th, 2018 Lompoc, CA DETAILS

Very Helpful and Friendly Been with Alstate since 1984

Diane Kretser
May 21st, 2018 Albany, NY DETAILS

My agent and the office are always available to answer questions. They were right by my side during a car accident.

Rickf
May 11th, 2018 DETAILS

Rates are a little expensive if you don't have other products with them.

Dawn Rutledge
May 11th, 2018 DETAILS

because they give you good service they are very kind and helpful in evey way.

Beverly Tubbs
May 11th, 2018 DETAILS

Have been with them for years and always great customer service

Stuart Hanken
May 7th, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Personal service is good, claim response is excellent, rates are competative.

David Lewis
May 1st, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have had Allstate insurance for about 5 years and have loved them. I am with Aaron G. and he has been extremely helpful. He was able to explain things extremely well and help with everything I needed. I have auto and home insurance and he did not try and sell me other insurances. They keep me well informed and have been very quick with filling any of my claims.

Alex Lewis
May 1st, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

We've had a very positive experience with Allstate. We have a comptetive price for our car insurance. Their agents are accommodating and answered all of our questions and we have never felt pressured to include additional products or services that we didn't need.

Andrea S
April 16th, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

Our family has used Allstate for home and auto insurance for 30 years. They have been great when we've needed to file a claim and helpful and professional in all ways. We have lived in several parts of the country and we've changed our agent when we moved, but stayed with Allstate because the service has been excellent. They are competitive in price, but not the least expensive, but you get a great product and service. We receive cash rewards for good driving records, which are significant. We also had an instance where someone fraudulently said we had been in an accident with them in another city and Allstate took care of it quickly and without any trouble to us. We would highly recommend them. My only "complaint" is that they send a lot of email advertisements, but that is something you can control.

Tera Lee
April 12th, 2018 Layton, UT

I had to file a claim against a policy holder that's with All State. The claim adjusters were very helpful and in get my claim filed so I could get my car fixed!

Anne Marie Milne
April 10th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I really enjoyed Allstate Insurance. When I first got married I had Allstate they took such good care of my family. Reminding me when my bill was due help me when my car got hit they were honest loyal they had our back. I recommended Allstate to all my friend's.

Daniel
March 16th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS

Good service and the agent is very responsive. However price is a little on the higher side.

Margie Hamilton
February 26th, 2018 Morrow, OH DETAILS

Poor customer service, and raising cost without notice and lame/questionable reasons.

IRIS LOPEZ
February 21st, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Claims get resolved in a timely manner,representatives always have been able to answer my questions and resolve any concerns!

michael Parrott
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Insurance OK, Agent doesnt listen to me. It takes multible conversations to get simple changes made

John
February 12th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

They have always handled my claims quick and painlessly

Dee
February 12th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Great service, always there for me in my time of need. Kind and helpful.

Karen Ingram
February 12th, 2018 Farmingdale, NY DETAILS

Never hear from my agent,rates high; claims through an 800 number.

JEANHARRELL
February 12th, 2018 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

Too expensive, false advertising for California on television

Paul Feldan
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

Generally very good, slow in addressing a claim

Donald Hughes
February 5th, 2018 DETAILS

Friendly and as helpful as any insurance out there today.

diane
February 5th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

fairly reasonable priced, very helpful, and courtous

Gerald T Goodnow
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Never had any problems with them , have always been there when needed

John Nelson
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Had them for 33 years. Policy premium kept escalating. Nationwide got me better coverage for litteraly half the amount Allstate was gouging me for, and it has stayed virtually the same price.

DaleB
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

They provide good customer service and are responsive to claims.

Susan Krupp
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Very good service and very respectful people that work there

McKinney Boyd
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Allstate offers comprehensive coverage, and its insurance meets every need as a motorist.

Mary
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Always helpful and courteous. Easy to do changes.

Xiqing Li
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I like the company's service and quality of product.

John Dean Tucker
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I believe that they've gone above and beyond when I've had issues. Example: I received a lawsuit due to an accident my son had. They handled everything!

Richard Wachowicz
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

They provide fast response and follow up afterwards.

William Mulligan
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Easy and truthful not to pushy a n d covered my house and c as rs v ery well.

HILTON LOTERO
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

RELIABILITY. My agent is always there for me. He takes time to explain and makes sure I understand.

Roger Leach
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Basically a good company. Tends to over charge.

Scott
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Very affordable and always available to answer questions. We have been with them for 20 years

Steven Jackson
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Allstate insurance company has the best all around the table deal. Car insurance,Rental insurance and, Life insurance plans. All have to do is call Elk Grove Allstate insurance company like did .Believe me you will be happy just like me.

kevin tucker
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Not reliable, after 3 years of marriage to my new wife they NEVER could get it together enough to get her name right after repeated request verbally and in writing. Unprofessional, not honest, when I had complaints about our agent the number I was given by that agent to their "corporate office" and what I could find online sent me back to my agents office that I had a complaint about, very shady they police themselves. We moved on to another Insurer and now getting much better service, better coverage at a lower premium rate.

Faye Curren
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Good customer service, provided what I needed.