Allstate Auto Insurance Logo

Allstate Auto Insurance

8.9

Allstate offers excellent auto insurance coverage options and several discounts that can help you save money and get the protection you need for your liability and car.

Allstate stands out for its Drivewise® program that in addition to offering savings for good driving offers rewards for completing safe driving challenges. Allstate is a recommended insurer, especially if you're looking for a safe driving discount program that stands out.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Helpful Tools and Resources
  • Range of Coverage Options
  • Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance
  • Good Discounts
  • Drivewise® Program

Positive Reviews

Allstate auto insurance reviews on BestCompany.com are largely positive. Reviewers praise Allstate for customer service, trust in agents, claims processing, and pricing.

Allstate's high proportion of positive reviews reflect customer satisfaction with the car insurance company.

Helpful Tools and Resources

Allstate offers many helpful tools and resources on its website. You can get a quote for an insurance rate, file a claim, and track your claim all online.

You can also learn more about car insurance and how to read car insurance documents from Allstate's articles.

Allstate's Bumper-to-bumper Basics® tool helps you see what limits and deductibles might work well for your situation and needs. This tool is especially helpful if you're in the early stages of car insurance shopping because it can help you decide what you should look for in your car insurance coverage.

Range of Coverage Options

Allstate offers a range of coverage options that you can include in your policy. These coverages include collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments, underinsured and uninsured motorist, sound system insurance, roadside assistance, personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and rental reimbursement.

Allstate also offers personal umbrella liability coverage that goes beyond the liability coverage usually offered by auto insurance policies.

Rideshare drivers can close the coverage gap between when their personal policy stops and when the rideshare company's begins with Ride For Hire®. This rideshare insurance ensures that you're always covered while you're driving.

If you're a car collector or have a classic car, you'll benefit from Allstate's classic car insurance. There are no mileage restrictions. The policy protects your car's value and allows you to choose where your car gets repaired.

Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance

If you're planning a trip to Mexico, your U.S. car insurance policy won't cover you while you drive in Mexico.

Allstate's Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance offers protection for physical damage and theft, bodily injury or property damage, medical payments, legal assistance, loan or lease payoff for a totaled new car, roadside assistance, and medical evacuation.

Pay attention to what the policy's limits are because that is the most the insurance company will pay for each coverage. You'll also want to look at the deductibles because that's what you're responsible for before your insurance policy kicks in.

You must have similar coverage for your U.S. policy, be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license.

Good Discounts

Allstate helps you save money on your car insurance premium by offering several discounts. You may qualify for some of the following discounts:

• New car (first owner)
  • Multiple policy
  • Smart student (under age 25 and good grades, successful completion of teenSMART driver program, or live 100 miles away from your car)
  • Anti-lock brake
  • Anti-theft device
  • Early Signing Discount® (since policy seven or more days before it starts)
  • Responsible payer (no cancellation notice for non-payment within the last year)
  • EZ pay plan (autopay)
  • Allstate eSmart® (go paperless)
  • FullPay® discount
  • Safe Driving Club

Most insurers offer a range of discounts that help policyholders save on their car insurance rate.

Drivewise® Program

You can also receive a discount for participating in Allstate's Drivewise® program. This program monitors your driving and scores it. You benefit from real time feedback and can start earning cash back or policy credits after your first 50 trips.

You'll also earn Allstate Rewards® for daily deals when you complete safe driving challenges. Allstate's Drivewise® program stands out for its safe driving challenges and Allstate Rewards® benefits.

As you accrue points for safe driving and develop good driving habits, you can redeem them for things like gift cards, auctions, magazine subscription, travel, and more.

In addition to helping you save and drive safely, the Drivewise® app also offers parking reminders so you can avoid tickets and towing. You can use Good Hands Rescue to connect with roadside assistance.

The Bad

Must Provide Specific Personal Information for Quote

Before you can view quotes on Allstate's website, you must provide personal information like your car's VIN, your address, and your driver's license. While this can be frustrating, this information is necessary to show reliable quotes. Other car insurance companies follow the same practices.

The Bottom Line

Allstate is worth exploring further if you're looking for a good auto insurance policy that fits your budget. Positive Allstate customer reviews reflect claims satisfaction, good customer service, and good rates.

Allstate offers many great coverage options that meet the needs of rideshare drivers, car collectors, and tourists in Mexico. Whatever your driving needs, you'll be able to find a policy that meets them.

When you purchase Allstate car insurance, you can also benefit from its many discounts, including participation in its Drivewise® program. You'll get a discount for participating in the program.

After your first 50 trips, you'll start earning cash back or policy credits. Unlike other safe driving programs, you can also earn rewards for completing safe driver challenges.

We recommend working with Allstate for its car insurance product options, discounts, and Drivewise® program.

Ronnie Rockinoldman63 Delaware Concord, CA

Allstate was a great company, I had them for all of my insurances, multiple homes & autos, an umbrella for 24 years. I had a fender bender on the way home from the airport, $1050.00 in damage to the other car. In California, any damage over $1,000.00 requires that a half-point be added to your license. This one accident raised my insurance cost from $395.00 every six months to $1,300.00 every six months. When asked if there was anything that could be done to lower the cost I got a flat NO. Even after 24 years of being a customer, my only blemish on my driving record was this one accident. Nothing they could do I was told. So I check with other insurance companies and all of them had lower rates, by a few hundred dollars. I called back told them I would have to move my insurance if I couldn't get a break on the auto insurance. Nothing they could do they said. So move all of my insurances to State Farm. I save 650.00 per year on my homes and 550.00 on my auto. You might be in good hands, but they sure do not care about loyalty.

Rodney ,

I'm refinancing my Home and needed Home Owners Insurance information from my Allstate Agent. Christina C. helped me and was Awesome. I called or emailed her at least 10 times with different requests. She helped me with every situation. I'm glad she was there to assist me through the process. She also helped me add a new Vehicle to my auto policy. She was very knowledgeable and professional throughout.

Gina Marie Commack, NY

I absolutely love all state and have been with them for over a decade now my entire family utilizes all state as well as friends. They always go above and beyond to make sure you were satisfied all of your Questions are always answered in a timely manner and the price you cannot be. I would highly recommend Adam S. as an agent of all state as he has always done such a phenomenal job. I utilize them not only for my automobiles but also my home insurance as well currently I am looking into life insurance with them they always have the best prices and the best customer quality care

Rebecca Mays ,

While Allstate offers some pretty competitive rates, they severely lack in their customer service department. I specifically went to my local agent that was located close to my home in order to get help from someone close when/if I ever needed it. Every time I called them to ask simple questions, I would be redirected to their generic customer support number and was never able to speak with someone in the same area, let alone the same country.

Paul Cynthia Smith Lakewood, CA

We work with Matthew H in Orange County, California. He has been our agent for Home and Auto for over 12 years. His response time is impeccable when we need attention and or adjustments. He is prompt when we qualify for rebates or different upgrades in coverage that might benefit without being pushy. He just provides the information and we do as we see fit for our needs. We just recently added earthquake insurance and were pleased with our package. We have no intentions of changing our Agent or Insurance company. The Customer service is preference over price.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

I was a customer of Allstate for a number of years both for Auto and Home. I liked the discount for having both home and auto together. I liked having an agent. I used Allstate while having several teenage drivers. Having an agent meant having someone who would go to bat for you. Particularly we had a car that needed repair and the repair shop caused damage during the repair process. I was able to explain to the agent that the damage was caused by the shop and even though the shop denied responsibility, the agent stood up for us and the shop competed the repairs. The shop would not have done the repair without our agent going to bat for us. I felt Allstate charged fair rates, the only reason we switched was that Allstate stopped providing earthquake coverage for homes. Without the discount for having both Home and Auto it was not worth staying with them.

Mim Lauj Hudson, WI

Allstate has been great! I've been with them for 8 years now. I got in an accident when I had Progressive and was immediately dropped by them. Went with State Farm afterwards but because I was dropped, my rate was terrible. After asking for a discount or lower rate after a year with State Farm, the agent said he couldn't help me. I looked at Farmer's and Allstate and got a great quote from an agent in the Tom Baecker office in St. Paul. I've been with them since, 3 accidents later, still with them. The claims process is as painless as possible and thorough.

Magnum0970 Cerritos, CA

Overall I have been happy with Allstate, and have used them for both auto and home insurance, but overtime felt like prices slowly creeped hire to the point that I had to shop around again to get my prices back down. Depending on price is I wouldn’t mind switching back to Allstate at some future point again.

Yeun Childers Evanston, IL

My agent is the best to work with. So far, Allstate has been great with a couple of auto claims we had and a homeowner's insurance claim. The pricing is far less than what I was paying with State Farm.

L Cody Morongo Valley, CA

Have been with Allstate for many many years. Their prices are not as good as some but we have our same agent for many years . He is great and customer service is very good

I P ,

I called to get a quote and everyone was so helpful and informative! It only took about an hour and I had better coverage and was paying 100 less!!!

James Edwards ,

I switched to them last year from State Farm. With State Farm, the premiums just kept going up. When I compared, Allstate was the dramatic winner by saving me a lot of money for the exact same coverage.

Alexis Hirschi Idaho Falls, ID

My parents used Allstate growing up and I use them now and have for several years. They're always very quick to help me out and when I got in my car crash they promptly took care of everything

Bryce Johnson Colorado Springs, CO

Allstate is tremendous, they truly save you money wherever is possible. If drivewise or similar products were required, driving could be a much safer and pleasurable experience.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

If you are covered by Allstate, they have very good lawyers to make sure you don't have to pay much if you get in an accident. If you get hit by someone who is insured by Allstate, you are screwed. I have never dealt with such a rude and unforgiving insurance company. And quite frankly, if I was the person that seriously injured someone else and my insurance company gave them nothing, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

We have car insurance from Allstate Auto Insurance. It has very good customer service. When we have a car accident, we call Allstate, it gave us a help right away.

Christi Gilbert Gettysburg, PA

I lost my car in a house fire. Allstate was able to get me a rental car to get to work while we searched and found a new replacement.

Prius542 ,

Helped me on my most recent claim. I had hit a pothole in the road and had major damage and everything was repaired quickly

Ashley Brown New River, AZ

Great response with claims and ensuring they get paid out quickly. Definitely was a plus when trying to get a new car after totaling my old one. Other than rates being expensive definitely would us them again

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Allstate Auto Insurance has offered me the best rates covering every possibly liability. They are careful in creating policies that safeguard against financial liability. They have easy terms and fair billing practices. Their insurance agents are highly trained being able to answer any concern. Highly recommended as I have had nothing but a great experience with them.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

We have had our car insurance, life insurance, and house insurance with Allstate for 20 years. They have always been very helpful and have excellent customer service. When we were searching for a car for our son, they were willing to give us quotes on how much the car insurance would be which was very helpful in determining what type of car to buy. We like the discounts we receive for good grades and good driving.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

Allstate is a good insurance provider. However, i got in a car accident a few months ago and when my husband called them, the representative made the whole situation a lot more stressful by saying that we’d have to pay for the rental car, etc. Even though the accident wasn’t our fault. The rep knew the accident wasn’t our fault but he was still required to say we had to pay for it and then get reimbursed later on just to cover Allstate from any liability. That bothered me a lot and i wished they would’ve been more easy going in stressful situations like car accidents. No need to make things more stressful for the person!

Rickey Lehi, UT

I cannot tell you how much I love Allstate for my auto insurance. My agent rocks; she checks in on me regularly and explains why costs change when they go down or up. By switching to Allstate from State Farm, I saved a lot of money. In fact, I went with Allstate because I had heard they were nice to work with, and they were giving me the best offers for my money (bang for buck) out of ALL the other companies I called and got quotes from. This includes companies like Geico, State Farm, etc.

Jane Shirk ,

Called them about relocation. They were very accommodating and understanding to my situation.

Elmer Pimentel Pacoima, CA

Allstate is a very reputable and reliable company, and they have much to offer!! Yes

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

Our family has used Allstate for home and auto insurance for 30 years. They have been great when we've needed to file a claim and helpful and professional in all ways. We have lived in several parts of the country and we've changed our agent when we moved, but stayed with Allstate because the service has been excellent. They are competitive in price, but not the least expensive, but you get a great product and service. We receive cash rewards for good driving records, which are significant. We also had an instance where someone fraudulently said we had been in an accident with them in another city and Allstate took care of it quickly and without any trouble to us. We would highly recommend them. My only "complaint" is that they send a lot of email advertisements, but that is something you can control.

Adal madera Statham, GA

I had this company ever since I was in college. I dropped them about 2 years ago. I switched from this company to Farmers. At farmers they told me that they did not know why every year six months they increased the insurance price. They told me that doing that was wrong.

G2 Hollywood, FL

All state is a great company that provides amazing deals for my family. I truly appreciate how well they do business.

Marvet Anderson ,

As a policy holder with Allstate for 5 years I've had exceptional service. The all Chino Aslop Allstate reps are very courteous and professional.

Jimmer4three Provo, UT

After someone crashed into me while I was at a stop sign, my car was totaled. It took Allstate a month to decide whether it was totaled or not, and they did not communicate with me much throughout the process. I’m now looking to get different car insurance.

Freddy V Eagle Mountain, UT

I love Allstate and the app they have! The app is so simple to use! Every time I have a question I call customer service and they always help me out.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

I like Allstate for the prices. Our agent was not the best though, but there was never a ton of questions we had, so we just dealt with it. Overall not bad at all

Norm Risoya Blacklick, OH

Had a collision loss with my BMW 650i last year. Allstate allowed for all oem parts, had the rental car waiting for me a the body shop, and I did not even need to fool with an estimate.

Leo Carter Cordova, TN

All State has won my my dedication to them by providing me with excellent coverage at a very reasonable rate, professionalism and expressing what appears to be genuine concern for me and my family

Mark Park City, UT

We have been with Allstate for many years, both for Home Insurance and Car Insurance. For the most part, it has been a great experience. Primarily, the 5 star review is for our Agent. He is amazing!

Melissa vandenover Saratoga Springs, UT

When we drove through a freak hail storm I was able to go online instantly and file a claim. Allstate was fantastic to work with quickly processing our claim and ultimately helping get our car fixed in a timely manner

Steven Jackson

Allstate insurance company has the best all around the table deal. Car insurance,Rental insurance and, Life insurance plans. All have to do is call Elk Grove Allstate insurance company like did .Believe me you will be happy just like me.

Pamela B Fairmount, GA

This Company does what they say, and dont come out of the sky with raised prices. Their Drivewise really saves you money. You can watch yourself earn money back on each driving trip you take. The Morgan S Agency has live agents you get to talk to when you call

walter e crockran North Little Rock, AR

My insurance experience with Allstate has always been awesome. They are always courteous to me and very helpful. I left them after being with them for most of my driving experience and was in a rush to get back because they always return my calls, e-mails and handle my claims extremely fast

Laurie G ,

I love that I can make my payments monthly and they are automatically taken out of my account so I dont have to remember each month. I wish I could do more with my drivewise points in the way of cashing out or applying to my bill.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Allstate Auto Insurance offers great rates for families with teen drivers. When I was a new driver, they offered a discount for my good grades. And since I had to pay for my own insurance, I thought that this was a pretty great deal. And when I was in a little fender bender, I didn't lose my coverage... They were understanding that sometimes things just happen.

edgeman68 Long Beach, MS

My wife and I have everything we own insured with Allstate and they have been absolutely great to us. When we went to add our teenagers to our policy, our agent even provided us with an alternative that literally saved us thousands of dollars a year insuring our kids. Who does that? Most companies just willingly take your money, rather than provide you with options to heavily save. Allstate has gone far above and beyond for us

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

We love our agent and his office team. They are very honest and we can count on them as we continue to add or subtract from our policy items. We are very pleased with the customer service, also. In a heartbeat they will help and call back, if we need them, too. A couple of days ago I dropped by to pick up my insurance cards and the agent came out of the back office and shook my hand and visited with me for awhile. They are amazing.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

I have been with Allstate since I got married 20 years ago. And with my parents forever before that. We have had tons of occasions where Allstate has protected our property and our family. We have had good experiences with roadside service, towing, and flat tires. We’ve been in accidents and all the fun that follows. Allstate helped directly with body shops and made everything go smoothly. I will never switch away from Allstate. I really feel like my family is in good hands.

Nancy Brown American Fork, UT

We have always had excellent customer service from our Allstate agent, Adam W. His office does fun perks like movie tickets, but more importantly they are always willing to work through my insurance to get me discounts without sacrificing quality. They were so helpful and efficient when we needed a new roof due to a windstorm, as well as working through our claims with a car accident. Very best customer service.

Brady Hanson Orem, UT

My family has car and renters insurance through Allstate. We have been extremely satisfied with the service. They completely covered the cost of replacing our car windshield, and the premiums are low. You can get a discount for bundling insurance and for getting statements online. You can even set up automatic renewals so you don’t have to worry about your insurance running out. I would highly recommend.

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

I have had Allstate insurance for about 5 years and have loved them. I am with Aaron G. and he has been extremely helpful. He was able to explain things extremely well and help with everything I needed. I have auto and home insurance and he did not try and sell me other insurances. They keep me well informed and have been very quick with filling any of my claims.

Estraleda Roberts Houston, TX

this company was good at the start, but then each quarter the rate went up, no better services or any changes.

Ellie Olea Chandler, AZ

I’ve had it for 3 years and they have been able to help me with all of my car troubles. They are very responsive.

Olivia San Jose, CA

Great insurance provider, happy with their pricing and customer service. Would not change car insurance