Home Depot Logo
Home Depot was established in 1978 as a neighborhood home improvement store. Now there are more than 2,200 stores throughout North America, making Home Depot the world's largest home improvement retailer. Home Depot lives by a simple premise: put customers and associates first. They are committed to providing quality customer service, quality products, efficient and interconnected retail. Additionally, they have become the industry leader in water softener sales and service.

The Good

• Company Size
  • Established Brand
  • Products

Company Size

Over the past 35 years that Home Depot has been around, they have become one of the largest water softener companies in the world. They employ thousands employees and have helped prestigious customers from all around the world.

Established Brand

Home Depot serves thousands of customers, including top world-wide chains and companies. Home Depot is one of the largest brands in the industry, and offers various services, features, and products. Although they offer high quality water softeners, they are also a home improvement store located all throughout the United States. Home Depot offers more than 35,000 products in store and over 1 million products online.

Products

Home Depot offers many different products and resources for customers to help with their specific water softener needs. They have products and features for all types of budgets. The prices differ based on the different systems, but they range from $350-$2,500.

The Bad

• Installation Services
  • Undisclosed Information

Installation Services

Home Depot only offers installation services based on location and certain products. Although you have the option to pick up the product from the store or have the product dropped off at your home, you have to ask whether installation services are available. If installation services are available in your area and with your product, you will have to pay an additional fee for installation.

Undisclosed Information

There is a lot of information that Home Depot doesn't include on their website. They do not provide any information regarding contract length or a cancellation policy. Other industry competitors are very transparent when providing information about contracts. Usually there are month to month contracts or yearly contracts, but Home Depot does not release this information on their website. Additionally, they do not disclose if they have a cancellation or refund policy regarding contracts.

The Bottom Line

Home Depot has proven themselves to be a reliable water softener company over the years. They do not always offer installation services, which is a little concerning, but they do offer many different products and are available in multiple different regions. Additionally, they offer various different products available for those with all different budgets. Overall, we would recommend Home Depot for those who want a guaranteed satisfaction.

Amy Barrus Sandy, UT

Most of the time I have been able to find what I needed at Home Depot. The employees are generally helpful and polite. The quality is pretty good. We buy all our water softener salt at Home Depot. The quality is great. At my local Home Depot I have actually had really great help in the garden center. I’m surprised how much the employees actually know something about gardening. We use Home Depot for a lot of our home improvement needs, and we are always well taken care of. It’s our favorite Home Improvement stop.

Max Winkel Salt Lake City, UT

I recently went to Home Depot to look at there Water Softners and they had a small selection and wasnt very impressed, but I looked on the Home Depot website and they had a very large selection to choose from. Good employees and was happy I found what I needed eventually

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

Home Depot's collections are so vast. There is every style, color, and model possible to choose from and their water softeners are life changing. They're affordable and if you ever have any issues they are more than happy to help you. My family used their service recently and they walked us through everything. They also provided financing options tailored to our needs which was super helpful. They did the installation process and I really appreciate their attention to detail and professionalism. I highly recommend!

Amy Stewart Gilbert, AZ

We love Home Depot! It is so convenient and they always have what i am looking for. We purchased a water softener from them and have loved the customer service provided. We have not had any problems with the water softener and we have had it for years. I love all of the friendly workers and how helpful they are to me. I love shopping at Home Depot.

H W American Fork, UT

Home Depot is excellent and they have very good customer service there. I know I can always get help with what I need

Lukaah Marlowe American Fork, UT

Home Depot is a great store for all of my home needs. It is easy to find stuff most of the time, and always has what I need.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

Got our 15 GPM Pelican Water Softener from this store. They had what we needed and additional tools needed to install it on our own. We were pleased with our purchase experience! The ship to store option worked for us, since the store didn't have the water softener in stock.

Morgan whiting Salt Lake City, UT

I got a water softener from Home Depot. It is absolutely amazing. The water spots in my shower are way better. I also feel so moisturized after my showe.

Cjorduno Logan, UT

We bought our water softener from Home Depot years ago. It has lasted us and been a quality product for half the price as other companies. No more hard water has saved our appliances and saved us the cost of repair from the build up hard eater used to create! It was easy installation and easy to maintain!

Jr Orem, UT

Bought GE from Home Depot with help from a sales man who gave really good pros and cons about different brands. Good Size,/weight, fits perfect in small space we had. my family has noticed a huge improvement and difference. wish we would have invested in a water softner years ago.

Adam Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

The customer employees were crucial to my experience at Home Depot. I recently picked up a few things, and if it wasn't for the patient-employee helping me, I wouldn't have been able to find anything I needed because the store is so huge. Although the customer service is good, the return policy on many products I've purchased is very confusing. It needs to be simplified more for me to even understand.

Nishita McLean, VA

Home Depot is and has always been an outstanding store. We get almost all of our home furnishing items there and it is not very pricey either. We picked our wooden blinds, carpet, and lamps from there. Love it

Amber Gilbert, AZ

This water softer is a must have in Arizona. My skin and hair are softer. I see more suds collect when washing dishes and clothes. The hard water was destroying my clothes. I've seen a huge difference in the water

Tualagi Saint George, UT

Excellent customer service. Answered my questions with different products/brands and helped me choose a good product. I walked in not knowing anything about water softner to leaving comfortable with what i was paying for.

Hunter Kasprzyk Gilbert, AZ

Our water softener has always been pretty nice growing up. I cant stand drinking any other water other than water bottles but even some like arrowhead arent as good as my houses.

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Home Depot. I love how the employees are very nice and they tell you exactly where every thing is. I also love that if I need to fix something or do anything in my home or yard, Home Depot has it.

Charity Bond Smithfield, UT

Great service, they are really nice and respectful of their customers. Great quality in all of their products

Tagg Ogden, UT

We got a good water softner at Home Depot that ended up paying for itself in the first year because of using less salt.

Raquel Sandy, UT

Everyone is super helpful and knowledgeable at Home Depot. And I love that they let us bring our dog! She loves Home Depot too!

Paul Sandy, UT

I've noticed a significant drop off in the variety of inventory carried and a drop off in the number and quality of department "experts" or helpers. I'm a novice do it yourself shopper. Home Depot used to be a great place to shop but now I'm finding more of what I need and more help when I needed at Lowe's.

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

great place to go to get your household repair needs huge store so to be completely honest good luck trying to find someone that knows exactly where to find what your looking for

mgillings

We were interested in purchasing a Water Softener from our local Home Depot. I used to really appreciate their employees help, but the last couple times, especially the day we went to look at water softeners the employees pointed us in the right direction to locate them on our own, but offered no help further than that. We will be purchasing our water softened somewhere that the employees can and want to answer our questions.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I can always tell when I have a good quality water softner in our home. I feel like Home Depot is a great resource for good quality water softners. Home depot is pretty dependable. Customer service could be a bit better.

Tyler Williams Gilbert, AZ

Home Depot has always been a great place to shop. Customer service is always by far much better than its competition and price then doesn't matter nearly as much.

SD Temple, TX

Very informed associates helped us get the best price on our new appliances and the best features for our needs.

Mike West Jordan, UT

Months after purchasing unused items for our remodel, the store returned in full the amount of the items even though it was past the return date.

Linda Quach Gilbert, AZ

Love love love this company great prices and i always get what i need asap. i would recommend place to anyone- great support and help

Rebecca Malone Minneapolis, MN

It has a good selection for the most part, I just wish there was someone who worked there who knew what they were talking about. So many times I’ve needed help and the staff are not knowledgeable.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

When we lived in Las Vegas We bought our water softener from home depot and were very happy with it. The customer service was friendly and helpful.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

Home Depot is good for all projects around the home. The workers always help us with what we need to find.

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

I like The Home Depot, they are very trustworthy. They also have great customer service.

Preston Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

Theyre customer service is great, I love the interaction that they have with us.

Noelle Pleasant Grove, UT

Best quality things here. Super easy to find things too and everyone is so helpful there.

Isa

Being a person in the trades I love Home Depot because I can find everything I need for a project