Home Depot

• Company Size
  • Established Brand
  • Products
  • Claim this Profile

Home Depot was established in 1978 as a neighborhood home improvement store. Now there are more than 2,200 stores throughout North America, making Home Depot the world's largest home improvement retailer. Home Depot lives by a simple premise: put customers and associates first. They are committed to providing quality customer service, quality products, efficient and interconnected retail. Additionally, they have become the industry leader in water softener sales and service.

The Good

• Company Size
    • Established Brand
    • Products

Company Size

Over the past 35 years that Home Depot has been around, they have become one of the largest water softener companies in the world. They employ thousands employees and have helped prestigious customers from all around the world.

Established Brand

Home Depot serves thousands of customers, including top world-wide chains and companies. Home Depot is one of the largest brands in the industry, and offers various services, features, and products. Although they offer high quality water softeners, they are also a home improvement store located all throughout the United States. Home Depot offers more than 35,000 products in store and over 1 million products online.

Products

Home Depot offers many different products and resources for customers to help with their specific water softener needs. They have products and features for all types of budgets. The prices differ based on the different systems, but they range from $350-$2,500.

The Bad

• Installation Services
    • Undisclosed Information

Installation Services

Home Depot only offers installation services based on location and certain products. Although you have the option to pick up the product from the store or have the product dropped off at your home, you have to ask whether installation services are available. If installation services are available in your area and with your product, you will have to pay an additional fee for installation.

Undisclosed Information

There is a lot of information that Home Depot doesn't include on their website. They do not provide any information regarding contract length or a cancellation policy. Other industry competitors are very transparent when providing information about contracts. Usually there are month to month contracts or yearly contracts, but Home Depot does not release this information on their website. Additionally, they do not disclose if they have a cancellation or refund policy regarding contracts.

The Bottom Line

Home Depot has proven themselves to be a reliable water softener company over the years. They do not always offer installation services, which is a little concerning, but they do offer many different products and are available in multiple different regions. Additionally, they offer various different products available for those with all different budgets. Overall, we would recommend Home Depot for those who want a guaranteed satisfaction.

Tualagi
    August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Excellent customer service. Answered my questions with different products/brands and helped me choose a good product. I walked in not knowing anything about water softner to leaving comfortable with what i was paying for.

Preston Fowler
    August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Theyre customer service is great, I love the interaction that they have with us.

Jr
    August 28th, 2018 Orem, UT

Bought GE from Home Depot with help from a sales man who gave really good pros and cons about different brands. Good Size,/weight, fits perfect in small space we had. my family has noticed a huge improvement and difference. wish we would have invested in a water softner years ago.

Kris
    August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

When we lived in Las Vegas We bought our water softener from home depot and were very happy with it. The customer service was friendly and helpful.

Lesa Burgess
    August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I can always tell when I have a good quality water softner in our home. I feel like Home Depot is a great resource for good quality water softners. Home depot is pretty dependable. Customer service could be a bit better.

Tyler Williams
    July 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Home Depot has always been a great place to shop. Customer service is always by far much better than its competition and price then doesn't matter nearly as much.

Amy Stewart
    July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

We love Home Depot! It is so convenient and they always have what i am looking for. We purchased a water softener from them and have loved the customer service provided. We have not had any problems with the water softener and we have had it for years. I love all of the friendly workers and how helpful they are to me. I love shopping at Home Depot.

Hunter Kasprzyk
    June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Our water softener has always been pretty nice growing up. I cant stand drinking any other water other than water bottles but even some like arrowhead arent as good as my houses.

Sadie Scoville
    June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Home Depot. I love how the employees are very nice and they tell you exactly where every thing is. I also love that if I need to fix something or do anything in my home or yard, Home Depot has it.

Adam Crawley
    June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

The customer employees were crucial to my experience at Home Depot. I recently picked up a few things, and if it wasn't for the patient-employee helping me, I wouldn't have been able to find anything I needed because the store is so huge. Although the customer service is good, the return policy on many products I've purchased is very confusing. It needs to be simplified more for me to even understand.

Amelia Gibson
    June 8th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I like The Home Depot, they are very trustworthy. They also have great customer service.

Noelle
    May 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Best quality things here. Super easy to find things too and everyone is so helpful there.

Bella Houtz
    May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Home Depot is good for all projects around the home. The workers always help us with what we need to find.

Isa
    May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Being a person in the trades I love Home Depot because I can find everything I need for a project

Rebecca Malone
    May 1st, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

It has a good selection for the most part, I just wish there was someone who worked there who knew what they were talking about. So many times I’ve needed help and the staff are not knowledgeable.

Raquel
    November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Everyone is super helpful and knowledgeable at Home Depot. And I love that they let us bring our dog! She loves Home Depot too!

Paul
    November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I've noticed a significant drop off in the variety of inventory carried and a drop off in the number and quality of department "experts" or helpers. I'm a novice do it yourself shopper. Home Depot used to be a great place to shop but now I'm finding more of what I need and more help when I needed at Lowe's.

SD
    November 28th, 2017 Temple, TX DETAILS

Very informed associates helped us get the best price on our new appliances and the best features for our needs.

Mike
    November 21st, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Months after purchasing unused items for our remodel, the store returned in full the amount of the items even though it was past the return date.