Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Tax Defense Network Logo

Tax Defense Network

verified
$100 Guarantee
Tax Defense Network has consulted on over $15.7 billion in tax debt since 2007.

Tax Defense Network is a highly recommended tax company with a full range of services extending from tax debt resolution services to tax return preparation. The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. Tax Defense Network has an average cost of $2,500 to $3,000 for its full services (prices will be lower for less in-depth services), a good price in the tax relief industry. With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating.

Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

The Good

• Tax Defense Network Cost
  • Excellent Customer Reviews
  • Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services
  • Professional Debt Forgiveness Team
  • Available Nationwide

Tax Defense Network Cost

Tax Defense Network charges between $2,500 and $3,000 on average. End price depends on the amount of tax debt you have and the tax relief actions required, Tax Defense Network's average price is fair in comparison to other tax debt relief options.

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website; this is something to applaud. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are almost never available until customers have called and given information about their situation.

Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs from customers.

Excellent Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews.

Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and find resolutions.

Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns, removing a bank levy, and settling their IRS tax debt. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners.

The company's full-service approach allows customers with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, federal tax lien issues, and bank levies.

The qualified tax forgiveness professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare IRS debt forgiveness solutions such as innocent spouse relief, student loan forgiveness programs, and other tax amnesty programs.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com.

It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more. TDN can help people fight a wage garnishment or tax lien, prevent future tax liability, take advantage of tax cuts, and educate you on your personal taxable income for future reference.

Professional Debt Forgiveness Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals.

A highly qualified tax team is vital for creating and providing customers with a quality tax forgiveness program.

Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail. Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies. With the help of a professional tax lawyer, you'll be able to fight virtually anything the IRS throws your way.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

There is also a minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000, which is low in comparison to other tax debt relief companies; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. A $5,000 minimum requirement makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people from many different financial circumstances.

The company can also help natural disaster victims and taxpayers with tax problems, such as the recent victims of Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. Disaster tax relief is the IRS' way of helping those who live in an area that has been declared a "disaster area." Qualifying customers will be able to claim a loss and gain some tax credit.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

Tax Defense does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications.

Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

In comparison to other tax relief companies, like Optima Tax Relief, Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. The company has a minimum debt requirement of $5,000 and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief. Tax Defense Network can offer you the services of a skilled tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent. Though the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

3.7

James Cross
December 7th, 2017 Muncie, IN' DETAILS

Since they had a good rating on Better Business Bureau I went with them. It has been a year since I started with them and nothing has happened yet. They take a little longer than I would like to return my calls. It's all a little iffy. I'd like them to hurry up and take care of stuff so I can get the taxes off my back.

Arneaud Wharwood
December 7th, 2017 Sterling, VA' DETAILS

I needed some help with my taxes so I got them. Every time I had a question they were able to answer it and the response was usually very quick. They are trustworthy.

Donnie Chappell
December 7th, 2017 Snellville, GA DETAILS

I think I heard or saw one of their commercials. I can't remember exactly where, but I thought I'd sign up with them. They get right back to me and explain everything to me. They've got my best interest in mind and it's reducing what I owe. That was exactly what I was looking for and they've been doing a good job. Things have been resolved very quickly. It was a good decision.

Barbara A. Morgan
December 7th, 2017 Johnstown, PA DETAILS

I saw an ad on the internet and decided to sign up. They have been very responsive to my questions and were able to make a good deal for my mother. I feel confident after signing up with them. The only thing is that even though the service provided was great it is a little expensive.

Bernadette Checchia
December 7th, 2017 Levittown, PA DETAILS

The gentleman that I spoke with told me that they would be able to wipe out my taxes so I went with them. In the beginning they were friendly and everything, but they are not easy to contact. I'm satisfied with the service, though a little dissatisfied with the outcome.

Ana G Traczyk
December 7th, 2017 Lehigh Acres, FL DETAILS

I had a real huge tax problem since 2006 and decided to do something about it. Somebody told me about them so I called in and they were super good. They kept me informed through the whole process. Even when they had to switch the person that was in charge of my case, they called me and the lady that took over introduced herself. She kept me updated on everything that the attorneys were doing. She has accomplished a lot for me. I'm still waiting on the last resort letter that will free me from paying all this money attached to my tax interest. She said that I just had to wait and I trust her, she hasn't lied from the beginning. I can't wait till I'm able to solve this huge problem I have. I'm thrilled and thankful for finding about them. They do what they say they will do.

Pedro J Santos
December 7th, 2017 Augusta, GA DETAILS

I called several companies, but they were very nice when answering my initial phone call. That was the reason why I signed up with them. They respond to all my questions and they have wonderful people working for them.

Jeffrey Baker
December 7th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX' DETAILS

They looked reputable so I went with them. They've done exactly what they said they would do. I'm happy with the service, they did a good job overall. It was obviously a good decision on my part.

Clarke C. Odden
December 7th, 2017 Roy, UT' DETAILS

They had good ratings and seemed to be qualified to help us. On top of that they were responsive to our needs and very compassionate so we signed up with them. They were very responsive, though sometimes they weren't as quick to respond as we would've liked. I'm a bit of an over-communicator so I'd like them to contact us with every change that happens, but it felt like things just weren't that way. It was a little bit more expensive than what I thought it would be, but they still got the job done. It was all worthwhile. I'm pleased with it.

Dameon A Johnson
December 7th, 2017 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

They brought down the payment that I had to do. The brought it down enough so that it was more affordable for me. They're actually helping me out, it's a good company.

Walter N Lambert
December 7th, 2017 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

I was told they were a very reliable company and that they would work on my behalf. They understand all the questions that I asked them and then acted to get things done. They didn't just stand around, they got things done. They were able to get the whole situation under control and work towards a long term solution for some very difficult issues. I was impressed with the quality of the folks that we dealt with across the company. They all looked after me quite nicely. I'm very pleased with it.

Jerry Wayne Cavins
December 7th, 2017 Strawberry Plains, TN DETAILS

If I ever had any questions they were always willing to answer them all and find a solution to my problems. Everybody you talk to is very professional and they have done a good job for me. I'm completely satisfied with it, it's well worth the money.

Marguerite Shepard
December 7th, 2017 Williamston, SC' DETAILS

I feel good about getting it. They have been very helpful.

Roy P Croston
December 7th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I needed some help filing my taxes. They have good customer support and give you prompt answers. The results were there, but it could've been better. I feel like I made a reasonable choice though.

Donald E Lipscomb Jr
December 7th, 2017 Alexandria, VA' DETAILS

It was a bit of a shot in the dark. I just started looking online at what they had and felt like their services made enough sense for me to inquire a bit more. They did everything they said they would do but once we got into the negotiation phase, their agent just let a lot of time slip by. I just thought they needed to follow up a bit more than what they did. At the end of the day though they did everything they had planned to do and the strategy was executed as they said. I didn't know that afterwards they have a program that's free of charge to monitor the agreement compliance. I would've liked to know about that first hand. It's a good service and it would have helped me keep track of things after the fact.

Susan J Rentz
December 7th, 2017 Griffin, GA' DETAILS

I did some research online at all the companies that handled tax difficulties. They seemed to have the best things in writing and it seemed secure. Initially, the customer support was great, but when I actually started dealing with my case things were different. I had a little difficulty sorting everything they had to tell me about my case. Still, they were very aggressive with the IRS since they were starting the process of seizing my assents. Tax Defense got to it and fixed that issue it in less than 24 hours. I feel positive about it. There were a couple of things that got me concerned, especially having to do with some of the penalties I got over not paying taxes. The person handling my case was not very clear about that. My only suggestion is that when assigning cases to their people they should think about the generational gap between their providers and the person they aid. 20-30 year old people are a bit more in a hurry and their explanations are not quite as clear sometimes. When they're dealing with someone my age, I don't think they necessarily have the patience to explain everything clearly, though that's a mild suggestion.

Daniel R Lipp
December 7th, 2017 Sagamore, MA' DETAILS

Dealing with my taxes was getting confusing and I needed their help. Their customer service is great. Right now, the guy that works with me has been very prompt in getting back to me and answering all my questions. He researches everything and keeps me on track with what's going on.

Carl Davis Jr.
December 7th, 2017 Roopville, GA' DETAILS

They were ranked number 1 with the Better Business Bureau. I didn't want to fool around with this kind of thing, but they seemed to have their stuff together and know what to do. There were a couple of little hiccups here and there. We had problems with communication going back and forth. I would miss phone calls and opportunities because of that. It wasn't too bad though, plus some of it was my own fault. Overall it was great and I'm satisfied. Everything turned out ok and it should all be done and taken care of by the end of next year. They were pretty thorough. When it was all said and done, it was just a good experience. If I had to do it again, I would.

Darrel P Melton
December 7th, 2017 Marietta, GA DETAILS

When I was looking online they had the better rating so I went with them. They have been very responsive in general and when I called with any question they would always answer right away or call me back with the answer. The service itself was ok. They explained everything from me but I don't think I got a lot of relief from it. After it was done I found out that a lot of what they did I could've done myself, especially considering what I paid them.

Jeffrey A Day
December 7th, 2017 Boston, MA' DETAILS

The original communication with my first agent was horrible. The second agent they assigned to me was mediocre, I had to go to customer care just to get what I needed each time. Still, they negotiated and communicated on my behalf with the IRS. They negotiated to relieve me of some of the penalties and interests that I had. I'm glad I did it.

Boyd Gourneau
December 7th, 2017 Lower Brule, SD DETAILS

There was a different tax group that just wasn't that good for me, so I went with Tax Defense. They did the negotiating for me and it turned out really well. It was all as advertised unlike other similar companies that are all promises. They are very attentive and put you in touch with lawyers and everything. They handled everything professionally and the payment plan they got me was good. I felt at ease since they handled most things. It was good to get a tax agreement. I don't think I would've been able to handle it on my own.

Carri Gulley
December 7th, 2017 Sylmar, CA' DETAILS

I needed help with my taxes at the time, so I went with them. The gentleman that was handling my case was very responsive and would always answer my questions and call me back. He would always do that in a timely manner. They're very knowledgeable too. I felt good about it.

Charles A Fite
December 7th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Fear of the IRS is what made me sign up with Tax Defense. The people were very hospitable and good, but the process wasn't really clearly defined for me. It just seemed like a big waste of money compared to just going directly with the IRS. It did not even reduce my payment whatsoever. I could've taken care of it all myself and get it done more quickly. I feel like I was just misinformed about it or didn't make enough research before making the decision.

S.L.J.V.R. or Anonymous
December 7th, 2017 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

I wasn't sure of what the situation with my taxes was at the time, so I signed up with them. They have been very responsive to my questions and were always very informative. They resolved my issue and managed to arrange a payment plan for me. It was very expensive to go this way, but I think they did a great job nonetheless. Thanks to them I have peace of mind.

William A. Swaney
December 7th, 2017 Westport, WA' DETAILS

I really just picked them out of the many different companies that I could've used. They have answered every time I've called and got right back at me whenever they had to. I felt like they could have done more though. It all seems like I still have to pay the same amount I was going to pay anyway. I'm a bit on the fence about it all, but they did some good anyways.

Geneva Karen Murphey Ziller
December 7th, 2017 DeLand, FL DETAILS

I thought that they could help me as a mediator with the IRS. They didn't really do anything do. I'm really unhappy with them.

Tracy L. Gray
December 7th, 2017 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

At the time I had a large outstanding tax debt that I wasn't aware of. I wasn't really comfortable contacting the IRS directly, so I went with them. They were very responsive and were always able to perform on the task that we needed them to. If I ever left a message they would respond as soon as possible. I would get a good perspective on everything that was going on. The only thing is that, even though I understand that all services are kind of like this, the additional amount to pay was too much. I mean, the debt I had was already insurmountable and having an additional one didn't help me much. Plus I was never advised that I could've done all of this myself directly with the IRS. I'd encourage others to look for additional ways to work around this. I'm not 100% satisfied with this.

December 7th, 2017 Conway, SC' DETAILS

I had heard they were a good service, so I went and signed up with them. Initially things were good, but at this point I'm not too excited about them. It's alright I guess.

Charles Ukegbu
December 7th, 2017 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

A friend of mine told me they were good, so I decided to give it a try. They kept me updated on things and told me what I needed to do, that was pretty much it. They were up to the task and they did what they had to do and so did I. I'm pleased with them and feel ok with my decision to go with them.

Bruce R Sapp
December 7th, 2017 Glen St Mary, FL' DETAILS

I just found them online and after talking for a while with them they seemed modest and I felt comfortable with them. They are quick at calling you back to answer questions and they keep you informed of what's going on. They help you out to get things to the lowest amount they can to make it affordable for you. I feel good about getting it. I'm happy with the service.

Tonya T Nunnally
December 7th, 2017 Danville, VA DETAILS

A friend told me about them so I went with it. They were friendly and the service was good.

William R Herndon
December 7th, 2017 Live Oak, FL' DETAILS

They seemed to be the easiest to work with at the time. The did everything I asked them to do and also everything they said they would do. The people there are really good and easy to work with. It works and I feel much relieved thanks to them.

Kim A Ticali
December 7th, 2017 Cocoa, FL' DETAILS

They are very professional and very, very efficient. They got things done and didn't waste any time. I feel good about going with them.

Clark Sneed
December 7th, 2017 Holly Ridge, NC DETAILS

I saw a bunch of commercials from them at a time when I needed some help. They got me out of a pretty bad jam that I had gotten myself into. It helped me a lot. It was something that I had to do and in the end everything worked out well. I'm glad I did it.

Anthony De Julio
December 7th, 2017 Folsom, CA DETAILS

They were advertising somewhere and we wanted to try them. We made a mistake in signing up with them though. They started off really nice but the people handling our case did not follow through on things. They were always unavailable and it was just hard to get in touch with them. In fact, they were supposed to call us the other day but they haven't done that yet. They also weren't truthful, in fact we had to hire another attorney to get them to move along. Right now we are going through a bunch of paperwork that we signed and realizing that they misled us on a whole bunch of items. We were paying them to help us but in the end we just paid them to do basically nothing and cause us trouble. In the end it all cost me over twenty thousand dollars. I could've done pretty much the same thing that they did by calling the IRS or paying the federal taxes myself. It was just a very unpleasant situation. I've talked to other people that ended up quitting halfway through with them. I would tell everyone to not even start with them.

Karl A Huff
December 7th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ' DETAILS

I needed someone that could represent me, so I signed up with them. It took them a long time to get started on things. In the end I didn't save any money. The money that I would've paid to the IRS ended up going to them. In fact, I'm now paying slightly more than what I would've paid if I had just gone to the IRS.

Raymond J. Prins
December 7th, 2017 Ithaca, NY DETAILS

I looked them up online when I needed help with some tax stuff. The person that I dealt with did a good job at explaining things to me. They were really patient and I appreciate that. They took care of the issue and I had no problems. It's a good company.

Brian Bocek
December 7th, 2017 Durand, MI' DETAILS

I needed help with my taxes since there was a mistake with them. I've actually used the service twice already. They were fast, quick and kept me updated every step of the way. I knew what was going on all the time. They were very nice people too. In the end it was better for me since the amount I had to pay in the end was better. Bottom line is they got the job done. My decision to get them was great the first time around. The second time I used them I already knew what to expect. It works and I would tell others to spread it around and get them more business.

Roger Talbott
December 7th, 2017 Donnellson, IA DETAILS

Honestly I just found an ad for them in the yellow pages and decided to give them a call. From there we entered into a good relationship with them. All of my experiences talking with them over the telephone were good. They were prompt at getting back to me and we exchanged a number of messages that way as we went through. They would let me know what they needed from me and always informed me when they had received it. They gave me everything they told me they would and they were accurate. I haven't heard back from the government telling me that something was wrong. I even got a little bit of return in a timely manner. There were no hidden charges or costs either, I'm very pleased with them. We live in an era where good service is almost a surprise and when you get it it's a pleasant surprise. I've never done anything like this before and tax issues were kind of hanging over my head for a number of years. I was really nervous of going with them, especially since it was all over the phone. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but it couldn't have gone better, it was a good decision. All in all, it was actually a fun experience.

December 7th, 2017 Hilo, HI' DETAILS

They were the first ones I found while searching online. They respond to you in a timely manner and are also just nice people. They did a very professional job. My decision was good, I got what I wanted and they did a good job.