YSG Solar Logo

YSG Solar

5.0

LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2022

YSG Solar has completed over 1,000 residential and commercial solar system installations. The company offers flexible payment options and strives to provide high quality equipment, excellent customer service, and competitive prices with no hidden fees or charges. Additionally, YSG Solar offers a 25-year parts, labor, and power guarantee.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Equipment and Installation
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Energy Management System Included
  • Referral Program

Variety of Payment Options

YSG Solar strives to make solar energy as obtainable as possible for its customers by offering several payment options, including outright purchases, on-bill financing, low-interest loans, PACE financing, power purchase agreements (PPAs), and leases. The company walks through the details of each of these options on its website.

High Quality Equipment and Installation

YSG Solar offers high quality solar products from top-tier manufacturers, including LG panels and SMA inverters. The company also offers Sonnen batteries for customers interested in backup power. In addition, YSG Solar does not subcontract any of its work and each of its solar panel installers are NABCEP certified. Every YSG Solar project is overseen by a licensed Master Electrician.

Lengthy Warranties

YSG Solar offers some of the best warranties in the industry, including a 25-year production warranty, which guarantees a certain level of output from the system; a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other components of the system; and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Energy Management System Included

Each YSG Solar system includes an energy management tool so that customers can track how much power their system is producing, as well as how much electricity they are using. Using this tool, customers can ensure that their solar energy system is working optimally.

Referral Program

YSG Solar offers a referral program that provides customers with a $500 American Express gift card each time one of their referrals has a solar system installed by the company.

The Bad

Limited Availability

YSG Solar's service area is relatively limited; the company currently only operates in Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Connecticut, California, and Rhode Island. Consumers who do not live in these states will not have the opportunity to do business with YSG Solar.

The Bottom Line

YSG Solar is a solid, experienced solar company with over 1,000 installations under its belt. The company offers a number of attractive features, including several financing options, high quality equipment, battery storage, in-house installations performed by certified installers, lengthy warranties, energy management, and a referral program. Individuals who live within the company's service area should definitely consider YSG Solar.

View Best Solar Companies

Beth Sweeney Hampton Bays, NY

One word Chelsea! You did an amazing job with our solar panel project. We signed a contract about 2 months ago and my partner and I had a lot of questions and concerns (our first home). We had lots of construction at the home and had questionable experiences with our flooring company ( a story for another day) and the solar project was next so we had a bit skeptical. Chelsea was able to answer all of our questions and even was kind enough to allow us to text her, and sometimes even into the late hours of the night, which we thought was so nice of her. My last electric bill was $23 from ConEdison. The solar panels are all black solar panels and they make our house just amazing! Way to go YSG and THANK YOU CHELSEA

Deep Patel The Bronx, NY

We had spoken to many solar companies to get solar. Our business operates 24/7 so having a company that does not slow down our operations was important. YSG kept us up to speed through out the entire process. Thank you YSG, you made the process simple and the work came out great. We are excited to start saving money and are thrilled to use all of the tax benefits from the city and government. You guys rock!

Rachel New York, NY

My Tesla is now being charged from the sun! thank you YSG Solar. In September we started searching for a solar panel company. My neighbor used another company that we met previously who came to our home to provide us an estimate. We started the process and after months nothing occurred, my husband ended up cancelling. We called YSG and within one day of calling we received the estimate. From the day the paperwork was signed until the panel system had been installed was just weeks. This was a big relief. It was not an easy decision for us to go electric with our car. YSG even installed our Tesla charger, they delivered on all of their promises and are a true professional company. There is nothing better than getting a $20 power bill.

Tara Pratt New York, NY

We couldn’t be happier with our experience with YSG Solar. My husband and I searched high and low for the best company in the deer park area. They had a high level of service throughout the entire process. Will absolutely be recommending their services to friends and our family!

Felix C Buffalo, NY

YSG are the go to solar guys. Two of my colleagues had systems installed by two of the bigger name companies and both of them have had non stop issues since their systems were installed in 2017 and 2018. I had a hard time finding a solar contractor after listening to their experiences until I met YSG at a trade show out in Staten Island in 2019. After about a year of going back and forth we finally pulled the trigger and had our system installed January 2020, right before the pandemic hit. Throughout all the shut downs and issues out of their control YSG was able to keep me in the loop and the closeout process was pretty quick considering what disarray the city was in at that point. Our system has been running beautifully for the last 5ish months since it was turned on and we’ve overproduced so far this summer. If my wife gets her way we’ll be moving out of the city soon and I would absolutely hire YSG again for a solar system. Thanks Felix C.

kristen fisher Buffalo, NY

The team to install led by James and Eric were awesome. They accommodated the ideas I had about the system install and even accomadated some semi last minute equipment changes my husband wanted to make regarding different looking panels. The work looks great and they cleaned up very well. Really nice guys, they even took the time to go over the system with my son so he can keep an eye on it when we're out of town for half the year. We had our system installed in June 2020 and have already banked a good amount of power with Coned above what we used, which used to be around $250/month. Couldn't be more satisfied.

pennianne craft Buffalo, NY

After looking at multiple companies, we went with YSG and are very happy we did. They had no high pressure sales tactics, aka let my wife take her sweet time deciding while still honoring the quoted price, and were actually 40-50% cheaper (!) per KW than the other two companies we looked at in detail. The whole application process was very streamlined and well organized, almost all done online, with YSG taking care of all the paperwork, right down to getting the local building permit. The installation itself was done less than 12 weeks after we opened our application, which was incredibly fast compared to what the others were offering, plus the installers were actually YSG employees, not contractors. Finally, I think YSG's panels look better, with a lower profile and a nice skirt around all the panels versus the design examples we received from the other two companies. We are very pleased with our panels and the entire project.

Jasmin Sarma Buffalo, NY

From start to finish cannot say enough about the service and professionalism of the entire team that came out to install our panels and power walls. We first had 21 panels installed to cover roughly 50% of our usage since my husband did not want panels on the front of the house (which is south facing). Once he saw our system at work for a couple months, he agreed that we should pull the trigger and have the front of the roof done to get us to having 100% of our usage covered. So we ended up having an additional 24 panels installed and 2 power walls and they got it done in 1 day! They answered all our questions and went above and beyond for a seamless installation. We highly recommend!!!

Darlene Wilson Buffalo, NY

We did our homework for about 2 years and finally decided to go with YSG Solar. From the initial consultation with a very knowledgeable salesman to turning on the system everything is made very clear to us and we knew what to expect next. We loved the fact that YSG uses their own installation crews which other companies subcontract out and the parts we went with are American made. We have family and friends that wish they would have went with YSG after their horror stories with other solar companies. We had our system installed Nov 2019 and have already accumulated around 1000 extra kwh in the last year, on top of covering our entire $320/month Coned bill. We are supremely pleased and would hire again.

Darlene F. New York, NY

After researching different Solar companies I am absolutely satisfied with the decision I made choosing YSG Solar for the installation of my solar panels! YSG Solar was responsive and helpful from the time I first called, through our decision-making process, and throughout the planning and installation of our system. Kenneth D went over all of my options and answered every question I had no matter what time of day I called. He was very helpful and efficient!! My installation went smoothly and as planned. Kenneth D followed up with me every step of the way to ensure the system was working as it should. I am very pleased with YSG Solar and would recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone considering a solar installation. Darlene F.

Gloria Mckoy Buffalo, NY

I had researched solar power two years earlier and decided against it because of costs. YSG's partnership with their manufacturers and reduced material costs made procuring/installing a system within our financial reach. Their Proposal was well clear. When they agreed to an installation date, they arrived on time, worked much of the day, cleaned up after installation and when they left it was operating. Thus far (system installed Nov 2019) our electric bills show a 63% reduction in cost. I sized the system to break even with electrical costs by the end of the year. Using this approach YSG's ROI was 8-9 years. Based on our current bills (Sep-Nov2019), I fully expect to cut that ROI at least in half. Very happy with the system and YSG Solar.

wassim Oceanside, NY

I have to start by saying I am very demanding customer and I’m not easy to satisfy, We start looking into solar in 2014 we met with few companies and we had different offers and different options. but I wasn’t excited about any. We keep searching until I find YSG [you save green] on the Internet I give them a call and I spoke with David. and I have to tell you throughout the whole process he never let me down he was available each time I try to reach him and always giving me accurate information’s. he was great and reasonable and any promise he had made definitely had met. The installation team was great they did their job in 1 1/2 day. The work site was clean organized. very friendly people. system had been working perfectly sense October 2016. based on my experience they are great people great equipment And very honest. never tried to cut corners and I’m so happy to deal with them and whenever I have the opportunity to recommend them I do so.

Nick Ha

I could not be more satisfied with YSG Solar. From start to finish they were professional. From the initial consultation, without knowing what to expect, they explained everything in details. It was truly a no-brainer decision to get solar based on how much it will cost me and how much I will recoup that and how much I'll save beyond that. They took care of ALL the paperwork, explain the loan options, tax benefits, etc. They came, they installed and clean up after themselves. My main concern was what kind of damage is done to my roof. 3 years later, no issue. My electric bill is now about $20, the cost of hooking up to the grid. I even bought a Nissan LEAF. My intention was just to save myself some $$$, but I'm so happy that I'm doing my part to save the planet and feel really good about it. All thanks to YSG Solar. And yes, they have helped me get the paper work needed to file my taxes and claimed my refund.

Seth Berrelo Buffalo, NY

If solar panel construction was a baseball team, YSG would be the Yankees. I have never been this biggest baseball person but these guys are good. Our installation took place almost three years ago and the process was amazing. At first we had looked into solar and received so many calls. I had to put off the project for several months we just had been very turned off at first. YSG was the only company still followed up with us and took the time to explain how it works. We received conflicting information from two of the other companies and it just gave us a bad feeling. My house is heated with electric so going solar seemed like a natural next step. The installer stayed at my house late until the job was done and came early the next day, the entire team was hard working and are passionate about solar panels. My electric bill after solar has been $20 each month. Hard to believe more people are not going solar. If your thinking about it take the time and research the equipment. ( we went with Panasonic) Make sure you get quick mount flashing this is an item we did a lot of research about when we went solar. The roof was new and we had been concerned about water damage. YSG offers the longest warranty we found but we also had our roofer inspect the job after they finished. Everything is working just like they promised., thank you YSG!

Richie Lewis Massapequa, NY

We have been looking into solar power for a while and after comparing few companies we decided on YSG! From the moment we signed the contract they've been very quick and professional on every step. We got our panels installed just a few weeks after the contract. The inspection took two visits to get done. Pseg would not change my meter since I have a small dog in the yard. We have had solar for few years now, and we reduced our electric bill significantly. He set up the monitoring system and we track our power every day since the activation. Amazing how easy it was to produce clean electricity, Thanks to the entire team!

Larry C East Northport, NY

We got our solar done about four months ago and love it! The sales rep was great to work with. No BS talk and was very friendly and no pressure. He spent time listening to our concerns about going solar and addressed them. He gave us great detailed info about the products and the pro's and con's about solar. YSG had been the only company to explain how the tax credits actually work. They made us feel very comfortable with the whole process and was very professional and friendly. The install crew was a great bunch of guys. Got the job done fast, clean and ran the conduit piping the way I wanted. Thanks again to YSG for the great experience and professionalism.

Allison Larchmont, NY

We had solar installed back in 2015 by YouSaveGreen. The solar works great and our bill has not been above $50. We used to pay over $200! They energy audited our home during the first meeting. We had been impressed with all of the recommendations. He found out our air condition vents had been using more energy since they did not have a seal. This made sense since all of the vents are in our attic. Most other companies tried to have us rent the solar panels. We are happy we purchased our solar panels from YouSave.

Brian White Plains, NY

Adding voltaic panels to our home was a goal when we had lived out west. Arriving in New York we did not know if this would be worth it. We built our house with a perfect roof facing south. Our YSG solar panel experience has been great and we are the proud owners of a 5000 Watt panel system. YSG answered all of my questions and had been patient with us the entire time. I recommend them.

nsingh Queens, NY

I had a great experience working with YSG Solar. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and helpful. The project manager I worked with answered every question from start to finish and I truly felt like he was always listening/looking out for my best interests.

Vish, C. ,

The YSG representative I worked with did an amazing job with the entire process. He explained solar panels and it's benefits in detail along with YSG attractive price. He went above and beyond on finding me the perfect loan. I definitely recommend YSG for your solar panel needs .

Bobby East Northport, NY

From the first time I contacted YSG I was impressed. The knowledge and professionalism in all aspects of the job were great. The installation was on time and clean. The system is up and working as I expected. Any questions I had were all answered promptly. It is not often you meet a good reliable company.

Blevy The Bronx, NY

Very professional and efficient. Thanks for all of your help. We ended up putting in a special part after the job to stop the snow coming down so fast in the winter. This has helped a lot even though our winter was mild. The internet monitor app is also neat. Thank you YSG!

Alberto Riverhead, NY

Their customer service, especially after installation, was top notch! We only had a issue with my meter with LIPA. There was some miscommunication with how that worked. As soon as I mentioned an issue, they were on it. The converter box has a plug so when we have sun we can keep our fridge and a fan running. That is a very nice bonus feature.

Erin A Plainview, NY

Not only was everyone incredibly friendly, they were also very educated. My husband and I put panels on our house back in 2012. He wanted solar for a very long time. When we purchased our house we made sure it faced the right direction. YouSaveGreen installed solar panels for three of our neighbors.

Brian W Freeport, NY

Fantastic professional experience. We would recommend YSG. The application is great, it shows us the power we are making and using in our home. After meeting with several contractors we signed up with YSG. Once we got started it was quick and easy.

A Suarez East Hampton, NY

Couldn't be happier! This company was very courteous, got the enphsae system installed. We can see all the solar panels from our computer. They used micro inverters that produce more power than I use, enough so that I am able to charge my electric car. Our electric bill since has never been over $50 a month. We got tax refunds in the first year!

CJC Holtsville, NY

We've had our system installed for just over 3 years now and its been working great. The whole process from contract through installation went very smoothly. After sales support has been great as well. Would definitely recommend them.

Anthony Landisi Rocky Point, NY

YSG Solar was recommended to me and David M did everything I was told. He did a full energy analysis and explained everything in full. His calculations was spot on and the process was not stressful. The installation team did a clean job and quick! The system preforms great and the return on investment is a no brainer.

Juan Hernandez Boca Raton, FL

I had a great experience with ysg solar. I purchased my system 3 years ago and it worked great. Never had any issues at all... when i put my house for sale, it lasted 2 days, and a main selling point was the solar system. The best thing about ysg was the financing option with the bridge loans.

Mriam Levy Greenvale, NY

Electric bills have been reduced by 90% even when the A/C is at 68. We expect some months with credits when it cools off. System operates hands free and monitoring app is very cool. The information from the monitoring app can lag, we had to change the connection twice times. YSG took care of all the paperwork for us and we just had to sign

Julia F West Babylon, NY

We have been very happy with our entire experience with YSG. The actual installation was very neat. The credits for both federal and state were thoroughly explained and was a definitely a factor in our decision. The installation crew Sava was great and is a hard worker. All in all, very pleased as we have been running on solar since April!

Joe Natale Rocky Point, NY

Great experience. David was there for me durring the entire process and answered any questions for me me. Instalation was done quickly and neat! All the paperwork and permits were done correctly!

Dan B Staten Island, NY

The team at YSG did a fantastic job during all steps of the project. Always returned emails and phone calls promptly.

WestchesterNY Chappaqua, NY

My 12kw system is producing even more power than promised, thanks.