Titan Solar Power

3.5

LAST UPDATED: August 13th, 2022

Titan Solar Power was founded in March 2013 in Mesa, Arizona, and has since become one of the fastest growing solar installers in the southwestern United States, with further plans to expand across the South and Midwest regions of the country. Its current active markets covers solar installation projects in the following states:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • New Mexico
  • Nevada
  • Texas

The solar company has been rated as a top solar installer on Solar Power World Magazine, and made Inc.’s 5,000 fastest growing companies list in 2018. Titan Solar Power employs NABCEP-certified contractors, and has an active partnership with Loanpal to help homeowners make the switch to solar and save on their utility bill.

The Good

• Full-Service Solar Installation
  • High-Quality Solar Equipment
  • Awards and Certifications
  • 25-Year Extended Warranty
  • Loanpal Partnership
  • Charitable Giving

Full-Service Solar Installation

Titan Solar Power conducts a five-step solar panel installation process to help homeowners maximize their savings:

• Initial survey and consultation — During the initial survey, solar cell experts will evaluate the home’s current energy needs and costs, then design a customized system to help homeowners produce as much solar energy as their budgets and roof size will allow.
  • Permit pulling — Titan Solar Power will pull all necessary permits with the city, the HOA, and any other authority to ensure every solar installation is up to code.
  • Panel installation — Titan’s solar experts will implement the design and mount the solar panel system and inverter(s) to industry requirements (can take between 1 and 5 days).
  • Final inspection — Once the system is in place, the city or country will conduct a final inspection. Customers should note that this process can take a few weeks to complete.
  • Grid connection — after the system passes inspection, Titan Solar Power will coordinate with the utility company to ensure the solar array meets all interconnection rules. Customers can start saving money the minute the system gets plugged into the power grid.

High-Quality Solar Equipment

Titan Solar Power prides itself on the quality of solar panel and solar inverter equipment it uses for its residential solar arrays. In addition to LG solar panels and the LG Chem solar backup battery, Titan has also formed a partnership with a leading solar panel manufacturer in Silfab. This partnership has made Titan Solar Power one of the few solar installers in business that sells privately labelled solar panels. Titan customers can rest assured knowing that a Titan solar panel is one of the top solar panels made today.

As for the solar installer’s inverter selection, the company primarily installs SolarEdge inverters, which are considered the industry leader in microinverter technology. New SolarEdge models report energy transfer at 99 percent energy efficiency.

The company also installs the Generac PWRCell solar generator as an additional service. Like the LG Chem battery, this device stores excess solar power that can be used at night, or in the event of a power outage or other disturbance.

All Titan Solar Power equipment comes with a 25-year warranty.

Awards and Certifications

As mentioned above, Titan Solar Power was identified as one of Inc.’s 5,000 fastest growing companies in 2018. The company has also received recognition within the solar industry by Solar Power World Magazine. From 2016 — only three years after its founding — to 2029, Titan Solar Power was named a “Top 500 Solar Contractor,” cracking the top 50 the last three out of those four years. Companies that make this list, have demonstrated their ability to successfully install a significant amount of solar power within their service area. As of 2019, Titan solar power has installed more than 220,00 kilowatts of solar energy across seven states in the county, an impressive feat by such a young company.

Titan Solar Power also employs solar professionals who have received their NABCEP certification. The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners is an organization widely regarded in the solar industry as a gatekeeper for industry best practices, installation and professionalism standards, and technological literacy.

25-Year Extended Warranty

Though few details are mentioned on the company website, Titan Solar Power does appear to offer a 25-year extended warranty to customers through its authorized partner program. More information about what’s covered under this warranty should be disclosed in order for customers to have an accurate idea of how the company will support them post-installation.

Loanpal Partnership

In addition to cash purchase, Titan Solar Power gives customers the option to finance their solar panel system through the company’s partnership with Loanpal, a third-party financier that specializes in solar loans. Loanpal boasts high approval rates, fast financing, and loan amounts of up to $100,000.

Charitable Giving

As part of its deal program, Titan dedicates a portion of all sales to a number of charitable organizations:

• Phoenix Children’s Hospital
  • Lupus Foundation of America
  • Feed My Starving Children
  • Mercy Ships
  • Compassion International
  • Givepower
  • And more

The Bad

• No Lease or PPA Financing
  • Insufficient Customer Reviews

No Lease or PPA Financing

While both purchase and loan options are available through Titan Solar Power, solar lease and power purchase agreement options do not appear to be. And considering the broad service area the company covers, one would hope that more financing options would be available to help customers go solar. Solar leases and PPAs, while not qualifying customers for the federal solar tax credit or a path to ownership, often do allow them to take advantage of solar power and save money while doing so.

Insufficient Customer Reviews

Titan Solar Power's awards and certifications are certainly impressive; however, verified Titan Solar Power reviews from actual customers would help to bolster the company’s reputation in the eyes of prospective buyers.

The Bottom Line

In a relatively short amount to time, Titan Solar Power has done an impressive amount of solar installation work across the country. With high-efficiency solar equipment and flexible loan options, the company is working hard to make a quality solar power system accessible to its customers. On these merits alone, the company is worth looking into and seeking a free quote from. That said, the company lags behind top solar companies in the industry in terms of its available financing options as well as a large swath of verified customer reviews.

2.3

Aurora Cruz Reno, NV

DON'T LISTEN TO THE HYPE, WE LOVE TITAN! Titan was such a great company for me....I was able to ask a few of their representatives why they have some upset customers and they where very clear and transparent with me. Being a business owner myself, I understood what they meant when they said they had a bad year and quite extensive turnover of staff.... trying to get people that represented their brand, company, integrity and ethics correctly took a while company wide remodel. The director or owner ended up starting over, letting go anyone who showed diminished care for their clients. Its a tough process and I've been there...bad staff are common, lazy workers even more so. Impatience is thriving in 2022, we know this! So, I take my hat off that they put their foot down and made sure to get out all the bad apples though that is no easy task. PRODUCT: I've NEVER had a problem with TITAN at all. They've always been wonderful to work with, thorough, timely and competent. PANELS: Their panels have held up substatially, i have neighbors who's panels broke down and actually started to come apart after 3 years because they chose another company that was cheaper. Jokes on them!...mine are still looking and producing like bran new after 6! PRICING If you put them up against companies that use product comparable or of similar quality, then their pricing is very reasonable. BUT if you compare them to the local mom and pop that wants everyone to be FOOLED and go with them before their panels start breaking then you will be the dunce come 2025. Everyone, actually, that I know who went with the "cheaper" company got what they paid for compared to me. I'm the only one in the neighborhood that has withstood all hail, wind and snow storms without any problems. I think people like to talk about the bad more than they do the good and if everyone I knew who purchase from a company that used them as their installers posted on here, I guarantee their rating would look more like 4.5 Ask people you KNOW after TIME how their panels are. See how "cheaper" companies out there that use china's version of Titans AMERICAN product don't hold up. I would recommend them to my family and friends...oh wait, I DO recommend them to my family and friends! They are doing my mothers, aunt's and cousin's this next month and I look forward to their amazing reviews of this awesome company!

Thank you Aurora!

Hunt Garner Salt Lake City, UT

The companies attention to its customers is absolutely abysmal! They began installation of my system in February. It took them over a month to complete the installation. At the end of March, they sent me an email telling me that the installation was now complete, and they were just awaiting inspections from the city and the power company. After several weeks, I sent them emails asking them why the inspections were not being scheduled. Over the next several months, I would email them repeatedly, and generally not get a response. On the rare occasions that they would respond, I was told that they were in the process of scheduling an inspection, and that it would occur shortly. I could go on and on about the frustrations I’ve have had with his company, but suffice it to say that it is now the middle of August, and the inspections have still not occurred. I’ve even gone so far as to threaten a lawsuit, and to Make a complaint to my states office of professional licensing. I don’t know if they are lazy or just incompetent, But I would never advise anybody to do business with this company. They are not honest!

Homer Carter Buckeye, AZ

After a month of panels not working I contacted the company that sold them to me Sun Solar Solutions.. I was informed that they no longer monitor my system and all access was removed by Titan Solar and they are who will monitor and maintain my system. I called Titan and was informed that they do not monitor, but the recording when on hold does say Titan DOES provide system monitoring .... Just adds to what already shows here on reviews as bad customer service. If you MONITOR why was I NOT notified that my system went into fault and stopped producing power. This has been the most expensive mistake I have ever made, and is very frustrating.. Would not recommend

Jake Stevans Las Vegas, NV

"Still brand new and the panels haven't started producing any power yet. But they look good on the roof, happy with the whole installation process so far. Phil M and the support team have been responsive when I reach out to them so no issues there. Phil always gets back to me via call or text right away whenever I reach out.*

Thank you Jake!!

leroy pacheco Las Cruces, NM

listen to the HYPE once your signed up and committed forget any help from them. Four months to get a panel upgrade that was approved three months ago and since upgrade only half the power going to the stove try and contact them phone or email and they wont respond we are both over 80 years old and this has taken a serious toll on us and still no solar. SCAM SCAM SCAM AND VETERANS DONT LISTEN I FELL FOR IT AND IM A DISABLED VET

Paul Westchester Las Vegas, NV

Phil was on time for the Solar appointment, very responsive, hard worker, and provided valuable and factual information. Thank you, Phil & Titan!

Thank you Paul!

Linsa Morales Georgetown, FL

The worst service I have received in my life. They told us that by installing the panels we would not have to pay an extra electricity bill. We would only pay for the solar panels that would cover our service. We have been paying electricity plus the bill for solar panels for months. We spent 1 month for someone to attend to our complaint. But his answer was that we would have to pay more to install more solar panels (when they had told us that the solar panels we had were enough to cover the energy we needed in our home). There was no help. They are not interested in helping the customer. They lie and promise things that are not true, then pass the responsibilities from company to company. The worst thing is that he told us that if we wanted something different, that we go legal and get lawyers and they hung up the phone on us. So let's get to the legal part now. Don't fall into this trap.

Reply from Titan Solar Power

Hi Linsa, we are sincerely apologize that this has been your experience. Here at Titan, we do not directly employee the sales representatives. However, we would love to get your concerns addressed. Please email [email protected] with your property address and a customer care manager will reach out asap.

Jul. 11th, 2022

mickey white San Antonio, TX

Worst company I ever dealt with. Took them 6 months to come out then they put panels where they were not suppose too cause they could not read their own diagram then battery does not work and hasn't since it was installed 6 months ago and they just continually make excuses. Monitoring system does not work and hasn't since it was hooked up and they blame the battery yet systems without battery's have same monitoring system. They do not respond for weeks at a time simply to say they are waiting on a part. It's been one year since I signed up and still don't have a working system. I have many friends with systems from other companies and none have Reese problems

Reply from Titan Solar Power

Hi Mickey, we apologize that this has been your experience. Upper management has reached out to you directly and left a voicemail to ensure that you are taken care of.

Jun. 28th, 2022

andrea hawkins Portland, TX

Titan Solar Power is a scam and not able to finish out projects. Titan likes to take advantage of the elderly and completely refuses to make things right. Do not do business with them. THEY WILL TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE PROJECT UNFINISHED.

Cody The TXBEAST Houston, TX

Don't do solar!!! At least from my experience its a waste of money. I had a system 1.5 times bigger than what i supposedly needed for my house installed. I asked for additional panels to be put on my house to help with knocking the electric bill out all together . But I am still paying the same price for my electric bills as i was a year ago without solar. so that's 150-250 for electricity and 200 a month for the panels. how is this supposed to help us save money.

Jeffrey Pease Austin, TX

Predatory marketing practices, lies, misinformation, incompetence. The lie: 1. Titan said I wasn't going to have to pay for the system until it was installed but they started billing me for the system when the installation was half way done. 2. I asked for a solar system that would allow me to run the AC in the event that the Texas power grid fails. The system that I was sold by the sales team is not able to do this according to the electrician responsible for installing the battery systems. Predatory Marketing practices: Installation date for the panels was moved up and was completed before I was told about the battery situation. Now that the panels are on the house, I'm no longer able to cancel the installation. This means that I either am stuck with an installation that won't do what I asked, or am forced to pay more money to get more batteries so that the AC unit can be powered. Incompetence: The electrician said that I need a whole home backup system to keep the AC powered ( which is what I asked for ) but in trying to communicate this to several different people at Titan, they have no idea what that means. Initially they thought that the main panel upgrade was what I was complaining about and informed me that it was already scheduled. No, the MPU and a battery are not the same thing. They made no effort to find a correct answer to my issue. They never reached out to me with any answers for my concerns. Despite me repeating the problem with the installation several times I had to be the one that initiated contact every single time ( with the exception of when I filed a BBB complaint and they got the answer to that wrong too). One person even went so far as to say that there is not a battery in existence that can power an AC unit and that it would take 5 or 6 of them to do it. This is false. Tesla has clear public facing documentation for AC units that can be powered by a single powerwall with some installations needing 2. Lennox also has tailor made installations for making sure that AC units remained powered in the event that the grid fails.

johnna brady Peoria, AZ

Bought my system in August of last year. Salesman said it takes about 4 months to install, get inspections and the system up and running. It is now April of 2022 and I’m still waiting. The salesman also said they pay referral bonus of 1000$ to referral that buys the system from them. I referred my boss who purchased the system and I’m still waiting for my bonus. Made numerous contact with the salesman who just kept telling me a few more weeks and when she gets her solar installed. She had her panels installed over 2 months ago and I’m still waiting. He also lied about the tax credits which said was an amount 3x the credit the government gives over 3 years. Was also told that I would get 2 months of solar before I started paying on my loan. My next payment with be my 4th payment and still no solar. This company is a ripoff to say the least!

LeeWalters Los Angeles, CA

Titan Solar Power does NOT know what they’re doing! Installed the solar panels, and everything seemed ok outside of not following Burbank’s requirements which required a revision of AC/DC, outlined on Burbank’s website. First inspection was scheduled for February 9th from 7-9 am. At 3:30 pm, I called and emailed Jessica with no response. A few hours later, I received an email stating inspection had been moved to February 10th, but Jessica is in Arizona training, so she cannot make it. A few days later, I received a call from Sara to reschedule, as she outlined their customer service policy and will always call me. Inspection with the city happened on Friday, February 25th. Titan Solar FAILED the Inspection but did not communicate this to us. He knocked on our door to say he was leaving and NOTHING! (I was at a DR. appointment, or I would have asked) Texted Sara the next day asking if we passed and the next steps. No Response. Call her today (March e2nd 2022) and left a voicemail. I called my Sales rep, JACK, which is great at answering his phone and returning calls. He stated he checked this morning and found it; Titan had FAILED the inspection. I asked why Titan would not have told up when he knocked on the door, but Jack could not answer. The first payment on the Solar system is due in March 2022, and Titan Solar Power cannot pass inspections! From reading the reviews, Tital Solar always says – Call us, and we will handle it quickly. Why don’t you answer your phones or emails when you’ve FAILED inspection? Why do you NOT communicate to the homeowner that you FAILED the inspection? Why am I writing this review after you’ve been paid for the installation but cannot PASS Inspections? Bottom line: USE ANOTHER INSTALLATION COMPANY. DO NOT USE Titan Solar Power.

Scott Bailey Grand Junction, CO

Cant say enough good things about these guys and what they have done for my dad. Also unmatched customer service. Two thumbs way up Thanks again..

Thank you Scott!

Mar. 4th, 2022

Patrick King Denver, CO

Absolutely horrendous experience. I sadly made an error in not using my original solar installer to add 7 new panels. This company is an unorganized disaster. 2 weeks into having “permission to operate” my critter guards are still not installed and the inverters aren’t reporting correctly to my monitoring co. It’s been issue after issue, rescheduling, showing up to install without the correct “parts”. The list of utter BS just continues. Just a complete disaster. Avoid Titan at all costs.

Tim San Antonio, TX

Did not finish the job. They failed to connect/wire/tie in the solar system to the house electrical. They passed the project to the local electric company to turn the system on. The electric company left after 2 minutes because Titan didn’t complete the project. Made multiple calls to Titan and sent photos. First call, they said they would pass the photos on the their utility maintenance department. After hearing nothing, called again and got the same answer. Asked for the response time and was told I would hear from someone in 24 to 48 hours. After hearing nothing, I called again. This time they told me everyone in the local branch was at a conference out of town for the whole day. Other issue brought up from local electric company was they left the wrong plans on the system. They are required to leave the electric company approved plans. I have a very bad feeling this is going to be an issue. When the engineer from Titan came out to measure everything, the plans they drew up didn’t note where all the roof vent pipes were located. The install team said this will not affect anything or cause any delay in getting the system turned on.

Reply from Titan Solar Power

Hi Tim, We really hate to hear this and would like to make sure this gets taken care of. Can you please email [email protected] so we can look into your project. Thank you!

Oct. 25th, 2021

Patrick Rafferty DeFuniak Springs, FL

Company took longer than stated to start, this was before COVID. When it was first signed, they were to give me LED bulbs for the whole house, variable speed pump pool, aeroseal the ducts for a/c heating system. They brought the bulbs,gave me $1500.00 for the pool pump, but I am still waiting for the aeroseal on the ducts. It has been 9 months and my salesman, Brandon Miller, will not answer my calls, or return messages. My project manager says they will get it straightened out, but still waiting and no return call from her either. Go with someone else.

Cinzia Z Moncks Corner, SC

Unprofessional liars. I regret every day choosing this company. They are incompetent, unprofessional and they offer no customer service. After having solar panels and inverter installed and being connected to the grid of the local electric company, I have been chasing my tail calling Titan Solar Power to have the system up and running. When you call their customer service you talk 99% of the time to unprofessional, unschooled and incompetent people. Every single one of them will tel, you a different story. The customer service representatives are just happy to get rid of the customer and tell them that everything is fine and that, yes, you are using solar energy. If you are lucky enough you speak to a representative who actually knows what (s)he is talking about, they will tell you that, actually, you are not using solar energy yet, because your inverter is defective. Oops! They installed a defective inverter and they did not even care to check it out before ending the installation. Nice! If you call customer service again, they will even tell you that your system is not turned on, although you had called them after being connected to the grid and asked them to walk you through the process of turning the system on. And they assured you that your system was up and running. Do not ask why you see flashing lights on the devices they installed. ‘Ideally” (I am quoting the word choice of a customer service rep) the green light should be solid. Do not even hope to be able to talk to a supervisor. They are mysterious beings, if they exist at all. They cannot be reached and the agent is not allowed to reveal their name, phone number or email address. They are not allowed to divulge the secret, but the supervisor will call you back and they will follow up with the supervisor to make sure you get a phone call. Good luck with that. I am still waiting on a call from a supervisor and I am not holding my breath. A month after being connected to the grid, I am still happily paying my regular electricity bill to my local company. I wish I could give this company zero stars. Do yourself a favor and go with a more serious and competent company.

Gale Senglaub Pensacola, FL

The sales person is very evasive about providing the true facts and hid the fact that you still receive a bill from your power company. From the signing of the contract to installation was 7-8 weeks. There were several problems with installation the the town electrical inspector failed them three times. The fourth time he cam back it was finally passed. The put a hole into my house to the inside electrical box. (Putting a hole in my new siding) They left the loose wires inside the box which was not needed to run the system . This was one reason the inspector failed them. They did come back and remove the wires and patch the hole. I asked them to replace that piece of siding and they did. It has been 6 weeks since the inspection passed and I still am not on solar power. I called my local electric company and they said the solar company was notified on 3 weeks ago to turn the system on. When I spoke to Titan Power they said the electrical company had not yet replaced the meter. But the new meter had been put on the house two months ago. Their customer service rep argued with me that it was not installed on my house. I told her I was home and watched them install it. She had her coordinator call the electric company and two hours later I received a message with instructions how to turn the power on. I followed the vague instructions and did not get the results of a green and blue blinking light. I called them and the gave a window of this morning. The service worker called to let me know of an inverter emergency at another residence. I guess they don't care that I already made two payments on the system that is no running and I am also paying my electric bill at the same time.

Ajames ,

Sales rep was very informative. It took about a month to get installed. Install was done in a day. Getting it turned on took about 3 more weeks. Everything has been up and working.

Peg Orlando, FL

We have had Titan Solar and they are a fine company. The only problem is that we have to monitor our system. There is an app we have on our phones and every day I go and check to make sure everything is working. If it is not, you call their customer service and then they respond and resolve the issue.

Ramtin Moghadam Emeryville, CA

Excellent service from start to finish, we got the best equipment at the best price

Camila Villon Austin, TX

They installed me in less than a month without a problem

David Garrison Dickinson, TX

3 months after installation and no solar power. It turns out this is common with Titan. Plus they are more expensive than any of their competitors. This company is a total scam.

Nicole Black Union City, CA

False advertisement, bad panels. It took 7 months for a simple project. And my solar sucks. This company is a rip off!!!