Founded in 1992, SunPower is a solar company that prides itself on delivering reliable energy and long-term peace of mind for homeowners and businesses. The company is a pioneer in the industry and currently holds more than 750 patents for solar technology.

SunPower is known for manufacturing top-quality and high-efficiency solar panels that generate more power than conventional solar technologies. The company has a uniquely attractive, all-black appearance for itself and offers a few different options to help both residential and commercial consumers get started with renewable energy. SunPower outsources most, if not all, of its projects to third-party solar installers.

Keep reading to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about SunPower, and check out SunPower reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available
  • High Efficiency Panels
  • Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production
  • Attractive Appearance
  • Compatible With Battery Storage
  • Online Monitoring
  • Lengthy Warranties

Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available

SunPower offers three different payment options for customers to choose from: solar leasing, purchasing with cash, and financing with a loan.

With the lease option, SunPower Capital owns the system and the customer rents the system from the company, requiring monthly payments. The lease comes with a 20-year performance guarantee, as well as easy options in case the customer needs to transfer the lease.

SunPower also offers outright purchase and financing options for customers interested in the tax credits and other incentives that come along with solar power ownership. Loan terms for solar systems typically range from 5 to 20 years and do not have any prepayment penalties attached.

The cost of a SunPower solar system ultimately depends on several factors, including current energy usage, available amount of unshaded roof space, the local utility’s net metering policy, and other factors. The easiest way to figure out exactly how much solar will cost you is to obtain a free quote from SunPower.

High Efficiency Panels

SunPower is on the cutting edge of solar technology and excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment, so customers can be confident that they will have high quality products on their homes.

In fact, SunPower makes the highest efficiency solar panels you can buy for your roof in today's market, and the company's solar cells are made of anti-reflective glass and coated with anti-reflective coating to ensure that they capture as much sunlight as possible.

Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production

SunPower's X-Series solar panels excel in terms of power generation and deliver 44 percent more energy per watt than competitive products. This means that SunPower can provide more clean power for its customers' homes with fewer solar panels.

SunPower panels also boast 75 percent more energy per watt than conventional solar panels, meaning that an investment in a SunPower system will ultimately pay off more in the long run.

Additonally, SunPower panels maintain their energy production much better than conventional panels in partly-shaded conditions, making them a better rooftop solar option for customers who live in a cloudy region or a relatively shaded area.

Attractive Appearance

In addition to being highly efficient, SunPower's panels are uniquely attractive and aesthetically pleasing. While many other companies in the solar industry offer traditional blue photovoltaic panels, SunPower's panels are all black, which helps them to blend in better with the rooftop on many houses.

Compatible With Battery Storage

SunPower's panels are compatible with the Freedom CPAP Battery produced by Battery Power Solutions. When a SunPower module is installed along with this battery, customers will still have access to electricity in the event of a power outage.

Online Monitoring

Online monitoring is extremely important for customers who want to see what the panels on their roof are producing and ensure that everything is up to par.

SunPower offers a helpful, convenient app for customers to do just that. The app provides important system information such as power output, savings, energy usage over time, and environmental effects.

There is also a consumption monitoring kit that provides more information than the app for customers who would like a more in-depth way to monitor their system. The consumption monitoring kit is installed by the dealer, but may not be compatible with all homes.

Lengthy Warranties

SunPower offers multiple warranties to protect its customers' solar energy systems, including a 25-year product warranty, which covers the equipment itself, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation. The clean energy company also offers a 25-year performance warranty, which covers the customer in the event that their solar modules underperform in terms of electricity production and output.

The Bad

• No PPAs for Non-Commerical Buyers
  • Few In-House Installations
  • Customer Service Complaints

No PPAs for Non-Commercial Buyers

Many customers may be interested in obtaining a SunPower module through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) because this payment method typically includes some kind of $0 down option, which eliminates a barrier to entry for them to go solar.

Unfortunately, SunPower only offers PPAs to commercial customers, so consumers who are interested in a PPA for their home solar system will not have much luck with this company.

Few In-House Installations

SunPower is performing installations itself in select areas of California; however, SunPower panels are available in the following areas through a network of dealers:

• Arizona
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Texas
  • Utah

The dealer you choose will end up being your installer and customer care center for the life of the solar PV panels, which creates a bit of confusion as to who should be contacted (the dealer or SunPower) in the event that any issues occur.

Customer Service Complaints

Many users on our site have provided negative feedback in regards to SunPower's customer service.

Common complaints include difficulty to reach a representative, company failure to return phone calls, slow response time, and inability to resolve issues.

The Bottom Line

SunPower offers a number of payment options, some of the most efficient solar panels in the industry, online monitoring for its customers, and a lengthy workmanship and product warranty.

However, the company does not offer PPAs to residential customers and outsources most of its installations, making it confusing for customers to know who to contact if there is an issue.

Call our recommended rep over at SunPower below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

George Plesa

May 3rd, 2018 Sun City West, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I could not be happier and I own the system. Financing is okay and leasing is a complete loser. The company I used, Cool Blew in Peoria Az., did a great job. They are experienced at working with the power provider and the application process was smooth. Install is a very clean 20 panel 6.9 KWh system using 345 panels with no unsightly inverter. The conduit was painted and a quality bird block was installed. A whole house surge protector was included that also "cleans" up the electricity so our appliances run more efficiently with less electrical draw. From the day I signed the contract to beginning to generate my own power 3.5 months and that was during the major winter holidays. Most of that was waiting on the county inspector and APS to set the meter. I always generate excess electricity which I will use credits to be net zero in the summer. My first full month with solar my bill was negative $62.05. The monitoring system is a bit buggy and sometimes runs a few hours to a day behind. With a 25 year parts and labor warranty what is not to like. I knew all about Sunpower and the rest of the solar companies before I had the salesman come out so I didn't have to sit through a sales pitch and we were able to get right down to business. I'd done enough research I could sell this product. The price was very fair but then it was just before the major winter holidays and they were not selling much solar. Timing is everything.

LS

April 15th, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The project took more than twice as long as I was told it would. Communication was horrible. No one appeared to be in charge.

Richard

April 13th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I agree with James, the panels are not the problem, the panels produce more power than most other panels. I moved into a brand new home in Murrieta Ca, 4 months ago once Edison gave sun power the permission to activate the system it took the local company that installed the equipment several attempts to do so, finally after many calls the system was activated, by 10 am in producing 2 kWh by noon its 3 kWh by 1 pm in rocking 3.5 or better until 5 pm then it drops to about 3 kWh. My electric bill this month was $ 3.00 dollars that’s only because I didn’t have a full month of usage, also when I use the air conditioner I look at the meter and I’m still sending power to the grid, so far I’m a happy camper

S. Santos

April 11th, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After many months of researching what company to use for solar, I decided with SunPower. Not only with good reviews, but they have been in the solar business for many years, way before the solar got popular being installed in homes. They were already installing solar to big known companies. Unlike many solar companies out there now a days, anyone can install solar and when issues arise a few years from installation, they are nowhere to be found. Found a great sales person that was very knowledgeable with solar. He was the ONLY sales rep that I talked to (talked to many from diff companies) that actually had solar installed in his home, and through SunPower. He knew his stuff. He showed me (used my laptop and logged into his Edison account) and showed me that he has solar and how it works. He was the ONLY one that knew the answers to my questions on how solar works, billing, credits with edison, etc. He followed through on everything he promised. Installation went quick, all approvals went fast and we've had our solar going on 3rd year now and so far so good. I would definitely recommend SunPower. If I can only recommend my sales rep to everyone I would. Great guy!

Shawna

April 11th, 2018 San Gabriel, CA

The company sales was not professionally train. Limited English skill. I called to their manager in Rosemead office and she also was not helpful. So i switch to other dealer.

Ed De Leon

April 5th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had SunPower solar system installed in my home and it has been approximately 5 years now. I have had no issues with my equipment or issues with Tucson Electric. They installed it with no problems and their customer service has been excellent. They answer all my questions in a timely manner and I am happy with my purchase.

Avi

March 29th, 2018 Alameda, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Spectacularly poor service. We've had panels on our roof for months. They're completely unable to be activated. All I've received from SunPower so far are broken promises and updates that never come. When I get calls back, they've done no prep, have no updates, and seem to be completely clueless about how solar is activated. It's pretty nuts. I feel like you'd really have to try hard to be this unhelpful. I would never recommend working with them.

mary rodgers

March 29th, 2018 Pine Bush, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible Company NO cost savings , had them for 3 years . Barely made production and 3 year had a short fall. Cost me 1200 extra, so I think they sued for false advertisement. The lease is a ONE sided lease no benefits for the homeowner. Now I battling with them over the avalanche effect the snow has cause. Almost injured me and my dog. 3 later they tell me OH there is a $1500 sunguard they can install. How N.Y. doesn't mediate a snow guard is ridiculous . Danged my 10000 deck. They don't care , the lease make the home owner liable in every situation. They don't care about ANYTHING but collecting the lease payment. I've filled a complaint with the BBB , NYSERTA and gonna do NYS Dept of public service. Worst financial

Thomas J Prihoda

March 22nd, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got our solar system installed about one month ago. Its been great, its generated more than we used despite how cloudy it has been in San Antonio lately. The equiptment is outstanding, it was installed without a glitch as is working wonderfully.

John J. Smith

March 17th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Warning to all those looking into the solar investment and dealing with Arizona Base Elite Solar concepts, Titan Solar and Corporate Sun Power. Yes they may have the highest efficient Solar panel product on the market but their Sales and Customer support has been nothing but a nightmare. Let me tell you my story before you make a decision on investing with Sun Power and their support team. My nightmare all started shortly have both parties signed a lease contract on Oct’17. A few weeks after the lease contract was signed, I received a call from Elite Solar Concepts stating that Sun Power accidently cancelled my contract, so we had to resign a new one. Well when they sent me a new contract I noticed that my monthly lease payment had increase and only after multiple phone calls did they finally get the contract payment back to the original agreement. Now we are in late Nov’17. Then I waited and when Jan’18 came around I finally had to make multiple calls to all three companies to finally find out that there was some issue with the drawings that the city had, and Elite Solar Concepts and Titan Solar had to redo and resubmit. They stated that this was going to be walk thru and everything should be back on track. Well again I waited to hear from Elite Solar/Titan Solar/ Sunpower on a installation date but nothing. So again, I had to make multiple calls to Elite Solar/Titan Solar/Sunpower to find out that there was some internal drawing issues and they had to do another Shade report. Well they came out the next day to do their shade report then once again every went quiet. Then the final hammer came down. I received and email from Sunpower and Elite Solar Concept stating I had to sign an amendment to the original signed contract because they overestimated the amount their system annual kWh could produce. After reviewing the drop in kWh from the original contract agreement I was still OK however I noticed that my Price Pre kW went up and my monthly Lease payment stayed the same. So I contracted Elite Solar Concept/Titan Solar/Sunpower stating I was OK with the drop in the annual kWh however I would think that my monthly Least payment would also go down. To my extreme shock they told me that Sunpower has gone thru price changes since my original Contract signing (Both partied agreed) and if I sign the amendment that I now have to pay the price difference. I challenged this response stating the I should be honor the original contract Price pre kw and my payment should lower due to their miss-calculation in what they original agree too in the signed contract. However, after venting my frustration with this, they answer was “Sorry, your out of luck”. Well it is now 6 months from the start of this whole project and I have no solar panel. My final message to anyone reading this is I only warning you of the potential frustration and head that you may encounter when dealing with Elite Solar Concepts, Titan Solar and Sunpower.

Judy Marino

March 13th, 2018 Mineola, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased 12 panels from third party dealer Energy By Choice Northport, Long Island , NY. I have no complaints, From my initial phone call to finish was an good experience. Purchased outright, w/ the 25 yr. warranty for my home, produces the kilowatts it was designed to do. Pay $11.00 a month electric bill for utility access, and they pay me back $25.00 at the end of the cycle for overage. I make 1 payment of $110.00 for the year whats not to enjoy!!!

Richard

March 11th, 2018 Coarsegold, CA

These guys are total crooks I told them I wanted enough panels to cancel out the cooling system during the summer. the said 4 panels would do the job. so I paid $7000.00 AND THEY DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE. AND THEY WON'T COME BACK TO MAKE THE JOB RIGHT. WE WILL SEE WHATS RIGHT WHEN i SEE THEM IN COURT!!

Paul E. Boehm

March 7th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had a SunPower System installed for 3 years and we have nothing but outstanding comments to make. System has worked flawlessly and efficiently over the years meeting all our needs. Company salespeople and installers were just tremendous. SunPower provides routine daily and monthly monitoring with reports. System + panels are the best made in America. I can't say enough about the elimination of our energy bills and satisfying feeling of producing our own electricity. SunPower is just outstanding in service and equipment and staff!

Abundio Ramos

March 3rd, 2018 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my 3rd year working with Sun Power, last year I was shock when PGE pool over $800.00 from my account as a result of not enough power that I had requested originally they suggested 40 panels I requested more so it was added 5 more that should be more then enough will delivery 2500 KW. I replied I don't want to get a bill from PGE I was assure no bill will come, 1 cottage in my property is not in use yet . I just cant imagine , so I contacted Sun Power their suggestion add more panels or buy another system ? if had known this purchase is the way to go, do to the prices on energy cost . I inquiry about battery same company and they don't offer batteries backed. But they are in training to offer it soon. System works fine just did not delivery as promise . PANELS AMERICAN MADE ? I was told they are made in china it had sing on the panels. So I hope the ones been installed now are AMERICAN MADE.

Kenneth

March 1st, 2018 Litchfield Park, AZ

I would have no problem recommending Sun Power to my family or friends. This company kept me updated step by step, and any inquiries that I had, they were answered in a timely manner, and still the price is right. Thank you Sun Power for your transparency and great service.

Livia S Shemansky

February 21st, 2018 Altadena, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We’ve had their panels on roof for over 3 years and they have never worked as advertised. Now they don’t work at all. Does the lemon law cover solar panels. They come out but never get it fixed.

Denise Squeri

February 15th, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do Not use this Solar Company. I have had them as as my Solar Company in a previous home with no problems. However in my new home I am Completely dissatisfied with the excuses they have given me. I am paying $264. a month on my lease, but also, up to $277, 198, 213, to my electric company. I have complained to NYSERDA which explained that many other companies will add a couple of panels if their math calculations were off. All Sun wants me to do is buy another system. BY the way FYI this company is in the Philippines, the glossy picture you get with the paperwork is a photo in the US.

Jeff Jannarone

February 4th, 2018 Belmar, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They absolutely fail at fixing their product in s timely fashion. They took 6 years to replace my failed system. Just in time for the 10 year warranty to expire. When the system works it is excellent. WHEN it works.

Kathleen Martin

February 3rd, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Today 2/3/2018 my Solar System turns on! Very excited about this new venture. I cannot wait to see the savings. All the team at Sun Power is very professional, friendly and courteous. My experience is that from the sales representative is great; the way he explained the entire process from the beginning stage of the project to completion was on point. Some one always calls to follow up with the process and what the next step will be. I have to say I am very satisfied thus far. Again, I cannot wait to see the actual savings on paper. I will definitely update my review .about the service. I will definitely recommend Sunpower to my friends. Overall the experience is excellent! Kathleen M

David R Mogensen

January 14th, 2018 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of my inverters has been out for over 3 weeks and the company has failed to repair. When we reach out to them, we are put on hold and calls are never answered. We have had nothing but issues with them since the day we assumed the lease from the previous home owner. The service company for the units blames SunPower, as we have called them on several occasions to see if they can resolve the issues. I would not recommend this company for your solar needs.

Gene Joles

December 31st, 2017 Florence, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My solar system has been installed since Sep 2017 including the final inspection and is still inactive. SunPower has neglected to send Arizona Public Service (APS) the Lessor Agreement Acknowledgement in order for APS to install their meter and give approval for turn-on. There has been no reply after several inquiries to my direct representative, SunPower service personnel and their Arizona office from myself as well as APS for more than 2 months. Customer service, support and responsiveness is terrible!!!

Joel Marquez

December 30th, 2017 Avondale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sunpower has the best panels over all american built panels i love my new sunpower system and the representative was awesome show us why we needed sunpower after having 3 previews proposals from solarcity, sunrun, and elevations he was on another level

robert schure

December 20th, 2017 Cave Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is the worst worst in customer service worst in equipment before anyone deals with sun power be sure to check out their customer service by calling them or chatting with them on line When you find that they DO NOT respond you will go elsewhere

DesiB

December 7th, 2017 Walpole, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had sunrun earlier and they have best customer service. Now I am with SunPower. The main inverter to the home was not working and no one knows it. I escalated to the local company and finally after 40 days we go the new one installed. The service, response , customer care are the worst with SunPower.

James

November 29th, 2017 Lathrop, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Okay! "so here's the scoop," I've been looking into solar for quite sometime, however it's been a nice journey, for me to learn about solar power and its affiliates. I looked into several companies, many had great salesperson rep down, but it just wasn't what I was looking for, when it comes to the panels, I've learned that while many of the panels from solar companies are at it's best for that particular company, doesn't mean it's the best panel. I had to consider a few things, for example: pricing, degradation over 20 years, product warranties for service, also power. Yeah!!, I finally found the company that had the panels and the warranty for the lifespan of the system, "Sun Power." Although I've seen negative feedback about customer service when it comes down to the contractors, not performing top notch, it has not implicated the panels negatively, and the reason why? is these panels are the best around, I've got say Sun Power panels are better than their competitors, they're more efficient, built stronger, the degradation is slower, also have better durability, I also must mention the "(25,25,25)." 25 years on service, product, and power. I want to inform you good folks, that customer service for me so far has been a great experience, of course I hope it continues, I have a wonderful sales rep her name is Katarina, she works with a great team of people, Adriana is also a gem to this service. I would say as long as you have wonderful installation team and contractor, like I have, it's a no brainer, to go with a Sun Power company, for your solar needs.

Jewell

November 14th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My panels were installed in 2013 by a local Arizona installer for SunPower. I was told that they would monitor my system and as soon as something goes wrong, they would notify the local installer. My inverter went down on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 but they didn't notify me until the evening of Friday, August 11, 2017. They sent a work order to the local installer on Monday, August 14, 2017. First I was told 3-5 days for them to call and schedule an appointment. Then I was told they had 7-10 days. They didn’t come out until I started calling them the end of August. The installer said a new inverter needed to be installed. I called on September 6, 2017 to confirm that one had been ordered. I was assured it had been but was told it would take about 12 weeks. So on Thursday, November 9, 2017, I called to inquire about the status. When I started getting lies, I called SunPower Support. I was told no inverter had been ordered and the local installer was required to call their technical support while at my home looking at the inverter. I asked SunPower that I wanted a supervisor and to have this escalated. I didn’t get that. I was told I had to wait for the installer to schedule an appointment with me but they would make sure they are closely monitoring my ticket. As of Monday, November 13, 2017, I still have not heard from the local installer. SunPower’s after the purchase/lease customer service is not satisfactory. Nor is the customer service of their local installers.

Charles Horejs

November 10th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

I purchased my solar electrical system through POCO Solar and completed the entire system 4 years ago. At that time, PG&E limited size of the system, but that was increased by petition to PG&E. SunPower solar panels are technologically superior, and have a higher output per square foot than other companies I compared. My system has 21 panels, roof mounted, and a wall mounted inverter. My home is two story and includes a large pool and hot tub. The contract included a OUTPUT guaranty as well as the 25 year warranty - all through Sun Power and POCO Solar at no additional cost. The POCO Solar sales person wexplained everything in great detail and all payment options were presented. The installed system is continuously monitored by Sun Power and myself to guaranty performance and identify any problems. All system maintenance, if any, is handled by POCO Solar. My electric bill for the entire year is between -(minus) $ 20 to - minus $60. The entire contract was completed as scheduled and on time. I have had no system or equipment failures.

Ray Stockdale

November 10th, 2017 Los Banos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased my SunPower system over a year ago and have had no problems since the system installation. My electricity bill has been reduced to about $25.00 a month. Many of my neighbors with equal home size have twice the number of panels my system has. SunPower panels are very efficient and have a 25 year warranty. Easily one of the best systems out there.

Jim Holloway

November 7th, 2017 Upland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an incredible experience with SunPower. They worked with me to figure out how many panels I needed and kept me informed on every step and completed each step as outlined and met with the inspector on each inspection. They got my work done from start to finish under a month. I love the 25 year warranty. This was an EXCELLENT experience from start to finish and great follow up on explaining my SCE bills and follow up to make sure I was getting everything I was expecting. This could not have been any better.

E. Burke

November 1st, 2017 San Francisco, CA

I have had a SunPower Solar system for over 14 years and it is still going strong. We have never had any problems whatsoever. I strongly recommend this company.

scott peck

October 30th, 2017 El Cajon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE !! Worst customer service ever. If you have a problem they don't care, they just want your hard earned $. They spend a lot of time and money on fancy websites making false promises. Go with a local company and do your research. Look at the BBB reviews of SUN POWER. 86% are negative.

Gerry Hawkes

October 27th, 2017 Woodstock, VT

They appear to make the best solar panel with the best warranty. We have had them more than 2 months, and so far so good.

Susan Nowak

October 26th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolute worse decision I made was going with this company. I was led to believe that they would monitor things. When my system had been down for a bit, I called and asked about the monitoring and was told it was a "shared responsibility". Meaning, if the customer doesn't watch this everyday and the system goes down, the customer gets screwed. Customer service is terrible - absolutely no accountability and the communication is not much better.

Ian Wesly Vincik

October 23rd, 2017 Tacoma, WA

This is my second property that SunPower installed the solar system. No hidden thing, I am happy with the system production although I still have to pay a few $$ for electricity to PG & E. SunPower also provided a rebate refund $1000 for being a Triple A member. SunPower's contracted installer also applied the $2421 San Francisco City reward. I received both rebate funds.

Hal

October 23rd, 2017 Oakhurst, CA

Works well, looks good, less panels then the others.

Kelly Musgrave

October 23rd, 2017 Pittsburg, CA

Best solar panels and warranty! Very clean looking installation.

Billy Ng

October 20th, 2017 Santa Clara, CA

I install a 17 panel, 5.86 kW (DC), 5.13 kW (AC), system. We decided to go for SunPower because their system needs less panel, but produce more power than other vendors' systems. Last Aug/Sept, we have no guilt to turn on the AC 24/7 daily. I used to pay $300ish for my power bill. I am going to break even in 5 years.

Henry Evans

October 16th, 2017 Cupertino, CA

It was great.. They paid ME about $1000 to install it [4 years ago,lease] -it produces 97% of our total household energy needs [inc hvac, hot water, stove, cars, etc] and saves us about $250/mo. No equipment failures after 4 years -it just silently does its job. Biggest no-brainer of my life.

kelly del

October 9th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

I am a leasee of a Sun Power lease and have been happy with them over the past one year of lease. I feel my product is excellent and an excellent warranty.. I have had only superior customer service and would highly recommend to anyone who wants a solar lease.

Tim

October 7th, 2017 Riverside, CA

Worst company to deal with . Got my panels from Sunpro in Wildomar Ca. I explained that I needed enough power to operate 2 additional washers and dryers and a spa. I have to pay $800+ to Edison every end of the year. I was promised that I would probably pay 12-22 dollars at the end of the year. My system does not produce enough and I cant get Sunpower to help me anymore. They sent out 2 additional panels and the installer told me it would not make any difference because I needed at least 6 more to compensate for what I needed. I wish I could have them come get their stupid panels and go with a company that is honest. DO NOT GO WITH SUNPRO IN WILDOMAR CALIFORNIA. They are rude and lie to you.

Robert Wiener

October 6th, 2017 San Marcos, CA

Sunpower Co. installed my panels a few years ago. Installation was quick and informative. System has worked great and saved many dollars. Staff is friendly and efficient. Recommended this business to others and they are completely satisfied, recommend to anybody.

Sara Thornton

October 3rd, 2017

Our 1st year anniversary just passed, very, please. The power calculations, and performance of the panels, provided 100% of our usage from August 2016 to July of 2017. Actually, we overproduced by 300 Kwh. (Which I don't recommend, having a system larger than usage, not cost-effective.) Installation went as planned, very professional. No Leaks, Northern Cal had a very wet 16/17 winter. We lost internet service for 1 day and was contacted by SunPower since they could not see the power generated. 25 year warranty Parts & Labor.

Susan Guire

September 30th, 2017

I have had Sunpower solar panels for 5 years. They guarantee production for my panels. If production is less than the guarantee, no questions asked they provide a refund check for the difference. I have had great customer service for any issues both from the front office and the repair person.

allen penwright

September 23rd, 2017 Valley Center, CA

had baker elec install system old bill was 850 950 month leased system during install they almost burned down house by putting ground into hot metrics's box roof leaked they had me sign release pulled panels new roof re grouped panels lots of problems very unhappy any good lawyers out there 77 old dumb guy would like to have them put it were the sun doesn't shine

Dave Gwynn

September 20th, 2017 Concord, CA

Sun Power installed my 12 panel 3.9 KW system 2 years ago. They designed the needed KW system perfectly and the net metering system has resulted in an electric cost of $10/month (the amount required to stay connected to the grid). I am saving $150/month which, as power costs increase, will recoup my total costs over 6 years at which time I will have free electric power. I like being my own power company!!

David Long

September 20th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

Worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Richard L Maudlin

September 12th, 2017 Henderson, NV

Research has indicated thatvSun Power Solar Panels are the best in the industry. Company who installed panels did a reasonably good job. However, before the end of the first year of service, had to call to get system down resolved. This occured 3 times over 4 month and replaced one inverter twice.. Finally had to completely rewire my panels and replace one inverter twice. Since then, have had flawless operation. Sun Power panels have provided 100% of my power for 4 years. Installer has went though Capter 11 and service has since degraded. Not happy with installers support since filing Chapter 11.

Lou Nihoul

September 8th, 2017 Hayward, CA

Sun Power installed the panels for our home - work was well done and on schedule. Had some minor technical issues that were quickly fixed - great monitoring system.

Previn T Marquez

September 7th, 2017 Littleton, CO

We have a SunPower system installed on our home. The terms, installation, performance and aesthetic of our system has been fantastic. Our system is the right size and the components installed are tidy and hidden as best as possible. We have had our system installed for 2 summers now and it has delivered flawlessly. Our system was installed by Photon Brothers and from sales person to installer and those on the phone have provided A+ service and have answered my questions promptly. Our thoughts on this installation and service are that if the system runs flawlessly, there will be no other interaction with either SunPower or Photon Bros., becasue all components are operating as intended. The monthly reports and online monitoring are pretty cool too.

THOMAS CAHILL

September 5th, 2017 Davis, CA

They did a detailed on site analysis and did not try to sell me more panels than my roof and the shading trees would allow.