SUNation Energy Logo

SUNation Energy

6.2

LAST UPDATED: July 27th, 2022

Founded in 2003, SUNation Energy (formerly SUNation Solar Systems) is located in Ronkonkoma, New York. The company is a full-service solar installation provider and has earned a solid reputation in the community by successfully performing over 5,000 installations. SUNation Energy's mission is to create a more sustainable world through renewable, clean energy for generations to come, and the company is committed to maintaining a safe and happy workplace for its team.

SUNation Energy has earned numerous awards from Best of Long Island, including Best Solar Company (11 years in a row), Best Alternative Energy Company (9 years in a row), Best Green Business (8 years in a row), and Best Environmental Organization (2 years in a row). Additionally, the company was rated as one of the Top Long Island Workplaces 2019 and one of INC. 5000's America’s Fastest Growing private companies.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Panels
  • Additional Services
  • Positive Customer Feedback

Flexible Payment Options

SUNation Energy empowers customers to take advantage of solar ownership by offering purchase to own payment options. The company works with various lenders and has several loan options available. SUNation Energy also offers two years without payment.

High Quality Solar Panels

SUNation Energy offers solar products from some of the top manufacturers in the industry, including LG, Panasonic, and Solaria. Additionally, the company is a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer.

Additional Services

In addition to installing qualify solar panels systems, SUNation Energy also provides efficiency upgrades or replacement services to the roof. The company also installs solar energy storage through the Tesla Powerwall.

Positive Customer Feedback

Customers of SUNation Energy who have left reviews on our site have been praising the company for the level of customer service that it offers. Multiple reviews mentioned the solar sales rep checking up on the customer more than a year after the installation was completed to ensure that everything was up to par.

The Bad

Only Available in New York

SUNation Energy only offers service in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, and Long Island. Unfortunately, if you live outside of these regions, you won't have the option to do business with SUNation Energy.

The Bottom Line

SUNation Energy offers purchase to own payment options, as well as a number of different brands of high quality equipment, including LG, Panasonic, and Solaria panels. The company provides its customers with great warranties, but as of now, it only services a few areas in New York. If you live in one of those areas, SUNation Energy may be a good option for you. However, if you live elsewhere, you'll need to check out other solar companies.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
SUNation Energy

We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer experience. We are your neighbors – we live here, we work here, and we give back to our communities.

We want to make Long Island a better place to live for generations to come through clean, efficient solar power. SUNation has won Best Solar Company on Long Island for over a decade!

JC. The Bronx, NY

They really promised alot and failed to keep their word and promise in multiple aspects I really dont recommend anyone go solar because it not worth getting in debt and having a system that does not function as promised and have damage done to your roof. The first person I spoke to pauline promised a solar panel instalation with a tesla battery I started the paper work and a few months went by then they changed Pauline as my rep to James he scheduled my instalation and I did not receive a tesla power bank with my instalation he told me that there must have Been a confusion cause they do not normally include them in their installs. I was promised 120 percent of my homes power production but the systems has never produced that much power for me it doing a little more than 70 percent so my I still pay around 60 dollars of electricity on top of the solar panels. They told me I would get exactly 12700 dollars of tax reimbursement so that I can pay off half of the instalation I got about 7000 and now have have to pay the difference on top of the 15 year loan. That 5,700 that I have to immediately pay back so there really is no saving as expected and the 0 money out of pocket cost is a lie. They told me that if my ceiling ever had a leak that I would need to call right away and that they would send some one immediately. Today my roof started leaking and they told me the soonest they would have some one out here would be a week. Both of my reps Pauline and James no longer work at sun Nation I have no one to go to for assistance and their service is piss poor I am really not happy with the desicion I made with this company to go solar.