Best Company Guarantee Sun Badger Solar Logo

Sun Badger Solar

7.2

LAST UPDATED: August 11th, 2022

Headquartered in Wisconsin since 2018, Sun Badger Solar is a full-service company providing both commercial and residential solar installation services to home and business owners in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Despite being in business for a relatively short amount of time, the company has already made a name for itself, making Solar Power World Magazine’s “Top 500 Solar Contractor” list every year since its founding (2018–2020 to date).

Sun Badger Interview with Best Company

The Good

• Tier-One Equipment
  • NABCEP Certified

Tier-One Equipment

Sun Badger Solar carries inverters from Enphase, which supplies a proprietary consumption monitoring system that syncs with the Sun Badger Solar mobile app.

On top of its impressive array of solar panel and inverter selections, Sun Badger Solar also installs solar backup battery solutions through its partnership with Tesla Solar. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most efficient solar batteries available today, and can harness and store enough energy to keep the lights on at night or in the event of a power outage or other grid mishap.

NABCEP Certified

Sun Badger Solar employs electricians and technicians who have been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is an industry-recognized organization that has authored numerous and rigorous certification programs aimed at raising the standard in solar. The organization actively educates companies on best installation standards and solar technology. Companies with this certification distinguish themselves and experts in their field, so Sun Badger Solar customers can rest easy knowing their installation will be done right.

The Bad

• Utilizies Electrical Partnerships for FL
  • No Lease or PPA Options

Utilizies Electrical Partnerships for FL

Sun Badger Solar’s team of certified solar technicians are present at every solar panel installation in Illinois and Wisconsin; however, the company does contract out its installation services to qualified partners in Florida. While the difference in quality may be negligible, Sun Badger Solar customers living in these locales should be aware of these partnerships that may or may not maintain NABCEP-certified status the way that Sun Badger Solar does.

No Lease or PPA Options

Like many companies in the solar industry, Sun Badger Solar readily offers customers direct purchase of its solar energy systems, or financing through a third-party lender in the form of low interest, long term loans, zero-down, zero-interest for up to 12 months solar loans or home-equity lines of credit (HELOC). However, the company does not appear to offer customers the option to lease its solar energy systems, or pay for solar power through a power purchase agreement (PPA).

Both of these options can be incredibly cost-effective for customers on a fixed income who want to get involved with solar power. They both charge monthly fees that are often lower than utility bill payments, and place the burden of ownership (along with installation and maintenance fees) solely on the company.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sun Badger Solar checks several boxes for what a competent, quality solar installation company should have. Its technicians are NABCEP certified, and are authorized to install some of the best and most energy-efficient solar equipment on the market.

Florida customers should note that the company contracts its solar project installations to partners local to those states, and Sun Badger Solar customers everywhere will have to choose between purchase and loan financing. With all that in mind, customers are encouraged to obtain a free quote with the company to see if Sun Badger Solar is the best solar company for their needs.

Message from
Sun Badger Solar

Sun Badger Solar® is a top rated solar developer servicing residential and commercial customers. We focus on high-quality solar PV systems and the best customer experience, including education, design, and application for state and federal rebates. All of our work is performed by licensed electrical contractors.

Experts in the Field Our solar experts will walk you through the financial benefits and financing options, as well as customizing the most efficient and appropriate system design for your home and budget.

Only the Best Take the guesswork out of which panel is best for you. A solar project with Sun Badger® means you are getting the best product & technology available.

Fair Pricing Ensuring you have the right balance between energy production and consumption while reaping the most incentives available is our number one priority. All in all that means you’ll be getting the best pricing out there.

Quick Work You don’t need anything else in the way of taking your energy into your own hands, so time is of the essence. While most installers are quoting 5 to 6 months, Sun Badger® strives to have your system up within 3 to 4 months. This means more money back to you, faster.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Ratnicks Northville, MI

Excellent customer support from entire Sun Badger Teamwork After doing research for more than 3 years and getting various quotes, in 2020, my neighbor referred me to Sun Badger Solar, which has impressed me from the beginning to the end. I definitely will be recommending my family and friends for a referral with Sun Badger Solar. From the beginning, my sales representative, Ann G., provided a detailed solar system proposal presentation (very professional), unlike other solar contractors. She patiently worked with me to revise the proposal based on my particular requirements for my solar system. Even after installation, Ann is super responsive to all my questions. During the course of the project, Sun Badger also impressed me when they showed that they were using a project management software and detailed timeline documentation to ensure that both the Sun Badger project team members and I were always informed of all project steps. Sun Badger approached every aspect of my solar project in a professional and courteous manner. Of course, with every solar project, the not-so-fun part is the waiting game for permit approval with the municipality. I believe Sun Badger did their best to push the approvals through in a timely manner. On the day of installation, which happened to be a snowy January 2021 morning, everything went super smooth. The installation team also made an improvement to the original solar array layout on the day of installation which improved my roof’s aesthetic. Final inspection was handled professionally between Sun Badger and the municipality representative. Audrey C. helped answer my questions (super responsive) over email once I was approved to use my new solar system. After my solar system was up and running, I also received a friendly follow up call from Lindsey S. to ensure that I was properly setup with the solar monitoring software. She also helped to answer my solar tax credit questions and solar monitoring software questions. Thank you to Sun Badger Solar for the excellent customer support and professionalism in installing my dream solar panel system!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure working with you on your dream solar panel system! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and we are happy to hear we met those standards for you. We are looking forward to the sunny days ahead for your system! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 22nd, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Sleepy Hollow Customer West Dundee, IL

We contacted them almost a year ago about installing solar panels on our roof. It seemed like many of the companies selling installations were based in California and we wanted to deal with a company based in the midwest because the weather and solar output would be different from that on the west coast. They responded promptly and talked us through the process thoroughly. The other installers didn't seem as diligent about the details of the installation and their prices were higher (at least their first estimates were). We followed through with Sunbadger and have been pleased with every step of the process.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for the compliment Sleepy Hollow Customer! Sun Badger is proud to be a Midwest company, operating with a midwestern work ethic and old-fashioned honesty, wherever we are. We also work hard to have a local presence in all of our markets, so that we get to know our customers, the local utility companies and of course the seasons and the sunshine specifics. We hope you will enjoy the benefits of your Sun Badger Solar system for many years, and we remain ready to assist if you ever need us.

Jun. 7th, 2021

Andrew Helminiak Oak Creek, WI

My experience with Sun Badger Solar has been extremely positive. They exceeded expectations from beginning to end of the sales, installation and government/utility process. One of the significant factors in choosing Sun Badger is they have a comprehensive installation process that includes the planning, financing, working through all permitting, installation and monitoring. My time involvement after making the decision to go with Sun Badger for my installation was minimal - digital communications, a site visit, letting the installers into my house for each 3 days of installation and meeting the city inspector for about a half hour for his inspection. My understanding is that Sun Badger has its own installers do the vast majority of their installations. They actually had Home Team Electric perform my install. Home Team did a great job. I had 23 panels installed, plus had my panel upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp. I have a detached garage, that panels were installed on, so Home Team also ran a wire for a 240 Volt EV charging port to the garage. This work included trenching and cutting a small amount of concrete. The installers did a great job of both planning and execution. Everything was completed in about 2.5 days, which included rain on 1.5 of the days. They left everything cleaner than they left it. The inspector had one small issue which was fixed within days of when the inspector came. The system was also approved by We Energies and then producing power within less than 2 weeks of installation. I chose the financing option that Sun Badger offered through Sunlight Financial as I did not have the funds available for a full solar project and electrical upgrades needed for the project I wanted to do. If you are not planning to sell your house for a while, I highly recommend this option. I received my first electric bill and my Sunlight Financial bill is already less than the savings on my energy bill. This is with the extra generating capacity I added to my system for a future electric car purchase, and the electrical upgrades that I included in the financing. One thing - I would not recommend getting capacity beyond use in the We Energies service area in Wisconsin, as they pay wholesale prices for the energy you sell back. When you see on an energy bill how little that is, you just shake your head. Once the system is installed, you can monitor production every day through the Sun Badger app on your phone - seeing how much each panel produces, production by 15 minute increments, daily, weekly and monthly production. It is cool to see. I found Sun Badger delivered completely on what I was sold in my initial Zoom meeting. Their representatives have been professional and communicative and very good at explaining the overall process step-by-step. If you are considering a home solar panel installation, I highly recommend Sun Badger Solar.

Jim Hill Hastings, MN

Our system went into service May 26, earlier than expected, and is delivering as promised! Sun Badger folks were extremely helpful and responsive, and professional, throughout the purchase, permitting, and installation process. We chose Sun Badger after considering a competitor, and felt the Sun Badger equipment and funding process was superior, and their technical qualifications hit all the items in a checklist provided by our utility for solar provider selection. Sun Badger was responsive to questions throughout the process, and even provided a solution to our weak home WiFi signal, in order to get system communications on-line for performance monitoring. Self-monitoring is kind of fun through the Sun Badger app, but 3 years of advanced monitoring and diagnostics, with automatic alarming and call out of a maintenance professional are provided free of charge. This covers the period when "infant mortality" component failures would be expected.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing this feedback! What a wonderful time to get your solar system energized! Sun Badger solar prides ourselves on being knowledgeable in the industry, including the products offered. Our team is always here for you shall you have any questions going forward. Congratulations on going solar!

Jun. 17th, 2022

Carol H Madison, WI

Very positive experience from the sales process through after sale support. A small supply chain delay (no surprise) and schedule juggling, but all the staff with whom I worked were professional, friendly, and worked together as a team. Only "oops" was missing the Critter Guard, but I'll be okay. Highly recommend the company.

Jill Kulick Watertown, WI

We experienced poor customer service. The only experience that went smoothly was our interaction with the sales agent that sold us the system. The installation team left trash and screws in our yard both times they were here. We were told that one of the panels would have to be moved from how the original layout showed because the engineer didn't show a roof vent pipe on his drawings. The electrician left insulation on the floor of our house and made black rub marks on our attic access panel from his ladder. Then after paying for 90% of our solar system, we were informed that there was a production delay and we had to wait almost 5 months for our system to be onboarded. We were given a VERY small credit for the delay. We FINALLY have our system online and it seems to be working, but I'm not sure it was worth all the extra headaches.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Jill. We sincerely apologize for any trash that may have been left behind. With this being a construction project, it is always our goal to clean up and leave the property as it was upon arrival. We are always more than willing to return to pick up pieces that may have been left behind on accident. Our team is very detail oriented and understands the importance of cleaning up small pieces that may have fallen during installation. In regards to the delay, this is an industry wide issue we have been working through due to the national supply chain shortage. Sun Badger is committed to our customers and is unique in that we do offer credits due to these delays that are out of our control. Your system is producing wonderfully and for years to come will be producing energy for your own use! Congratulations on going solar!

Apr. 29th, 2022

Jay Highland, WI

Customer Sales and service was exceptional, crews performing the work were very helpful, and polite, Project Management was pleasant. We had a minor issue related to installation that caused our septic alarm to go on, which was resolved without issue. Overall, a great company to work with. would be 5 stars if we did not have the minor septic issue.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Jay! We appreciate your understanding on minor issues that can arise during installation, and we always are striving for a smooth process from start to end. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with your referrals in the future! ☀️

Feb. 9th, 2022

Joe Smith Beloit, WI

My overall experience was positive. Knowledgeable and helpful staff. A bit disappointed in power production, but the system has been functional for only 3 months, and the power company credit for energy is poor.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased that you had a great experience working with our staff through the solar installation process! In looking at your system's production, I see that the first few months of the year will not exceed the energy usage for your home. However, the next several months you will see a drastic difference in the production of your system versus the energy usage of your home! Looking forward to many sunny days to come!

Jeff Boudreau Oregon, WI

Ever since signing up with Sun Badger my wife and I have been getting spammed by multiple companies, I am very disappointed in this. Good support. Ok install. The stickers I was told would get mailed to me still haven't arrived. The original stickers were put on lte and then over the protective plastic bag on the box

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Jeff! Being spammed with emails is never enjoyable, but Sun Badger does not sell your information! Perhaps this could have been in result of your search for solar. Our operations team will be re-sending you the stickers that were supposed to arrive, so please keep an eye out for those! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] or our dedicated service department at [email protected] Stay sunny!

Apr. 1st, 2022

Peter Schmidt

SunBadger always kept us informed and were very professional conducting business.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Peter! Our goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their solar installation and to make it an easy and stress free process! We look forward to many sunny days ahead for you!

Apr. 1st, 2022

Benjamin Martin Mound, MN

Sun badger did their best but the installers were an unorganized mess. I've always wanted solar panels since I was a kid and the dream was nearly a nightmare. Granted nearly all the issues were the third party installers so sun badger was fine and good when viewed on what they were like and could control.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for this feedback Ben and we sincerely apologize that the dream you had was not met by our installers. Sun Badger wants the best experience for our customers and for that reason, we have made changes on the installation teams we work with. Thank you for still choosing to go solar with Sun Badger, and we know that your high quality system will meet those dreams of yours going forward!!

Feb. 9th, 2022

JESSE DOIRON Milwaukee, WI

The planning process was efficient, everyone was easy to work with but then communication broke down. There was a supply chain issue (which I do not blame them for) and we had to change the type of inverter. This actually should have saved me money, however they never sent over a change of work order which reflected the price difference. They went along with the installation but did not give me much notice and I had to move my schedule around to accommodate. The installers were great and everyone was professional. At the end of the process I again inquired about the change of work order which never went out. After multiple emails they got back to me and said I should receive a refund in 4-6 weeks. It has been 14 weeks and I have followed up consistently but am yet to receive my promised refund. I would imagine there are other solar companies in SE Wisconsin you could work with and I would encourage you to look into them. Sun Badger comes off as cool and everyone is very nice, but I do not believe they are good stewards of their customers money. This is important as these systems are expensive.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Jesse. We sincerely apologize for the delay on the change order with your project. Sun Badger stands by our customers and understands that this has affected your, otherwise, great experience with us! We have implemented a new process to avoid similar over sights like this in the future. I understand that you have received this refund now and hope that going forward you will experience our wonderful customer service and the high quality solar system that you have installed with us! We look forward to many sunny years ahead for you!

Feb. 4th, 2022

Margaret Briggs Palatine, IL

Sun Badger Solar was great to work with. They thoroughly explained the process each step of the way. They were courteous and on time for every appointment and answered all our questions.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Margaret! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger solar app, and if you have any questions we are likewise here to help you!

Howard Reddan Madison, WI

The installation was done very well, the panels look great, the electrical interface was well done! The customer service was poor. We never received saw a sales person or project manage or coordinator. The system has still not been explained as far as what the electrical interface does. We have not had any information of any preventive maintenance or how to see if the system is operating properly.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Howard! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the installation and the energy production of the solar system! Sun Badger is very proud to offer a dedicated service department and a success manager who handles post installation concerns. During your close out call, we provided access to your monitoring account where you can ensure the system is operating properly, and introduced you to the service department. Please use these contacts if you have any questions or concerns on the system's maintenance. They can be reached at [email protected] Stay sunny!

Duane Jourdeans Manchester, TN

The Sun Badger Solar team communicated very well throughout the process. We had some challenges on our property, but they worked hard to solve the issues and create an affordable alternative for our situation. From the moment our system went live, we were producing at a high rate.

Lucas thayer Cottage Grove, MN

We spoke with 3 companies including sun badger and we were most impressed with them! Very easy to talk to, not “sales-y", kept in contact with us for every step, and install was a breeze! Very impressed and loving our solar!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

We appreciate your feedback Lucas, and are happy you enjoyed our sales process of connecting with our customers and ensuring this project works for you and your home! Congratulations on going solar!!

Oct. 28th, 2021

Paul Navarre Cedarburg, WI

As most people are "new" to solar when they first contact a company to quote and install their home system, we were surprised by the lengths Sun Badger Solar went through to ensure we were informed. After our initial meeting with a sales rep. we were scheduled for an on-line "onboarding session" with the team at Sun Badger that was going to be responsible for our project. They walked us through the entire process, introduced us to their phone app so that we can track the progress of our project and communicate directly with them. At first we thought the MANDATORY onboarding session was a bit much, but without that meeting I'm confident our expectations (time wise) for our project would have been way off and frustrating. We were introduced to our project team, and given the average time-lines for each phase of the project; which turns out from start to finish is roughly 3-4 months. So we were pleasantly surprised when we were informed that our install date would be moved up almost a full month! The only snafu we ran into along the way was on the first day of install when we were informed that the designer had put too many panels for the size of our South facing roof, but the installers worked with us on the spot to rectify the situation my adjusting the location of the panels designated for our East facing roof, and installed the two orphaned panels there. The entire crew from our sales rep to the project manager, to the installers and electricians that came to our home were all very courteous, and a pleasure to work with.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Paul! Our goal with the onboarding sessions is to ensure our customers are knowledgeable of the project pathway and what milestones will be met along the way. We are happy to hear you appreciated being informed of the process! Please let us know if you have any questions going forward, as we have a dedicated service team in place. We look forward to many sunny days ahead for you!

Mar. 17th, 2022

Molnar

Adding solar panels to our home was one of the best things we've done and Sun Badger handled the entire process flawlessly.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! The reasons for going solar are different for everyone, and we are so happy you are pleased with your decision! Your system has been producing wonderfully, and we look forward to many sunny years ahead for you! Don't forget about our referral program and spreading the word of going solar! Congratulations!

John Perkins Madison, WI

I was very impressed with Sun Bader Solar, it was a great experience from the first sales call to now when we are just monitoring our energy production. They took care of all the true hastles of a project like this: 1.) All the paperwork with the city - minus signatures, of course. 2.) All the paperwork for financing - minus signatures, of course. 3.) Installation clean up - the install team was fantastic at picking up after themselves, I only found 1 bolt and small piece of bracket in the yard, I make a way worse mess than that anytime I do a big project - especially on a roof. They had one team member who's job was, among other things to make sure things were kept clean, this was much appreciated. Since install we have enjoyed watching the energy roll in on the app and with helpful emails from the Sun Badger Team. All in all great work and workmanship.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience John! Your system is producing beautifully, and we look forward to many years of solar energy to come for you! Thank you for the awesome feedback on our installation team as well! We appreciate that you recognize our efforts in taking care of our customers from start to end of the project. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions going forward.

Olufunmilayo Ashiru Bolingbrook, IL

There is no word to describe Sun Badger Solar than being AWESOME. From the sales personnel (Marina Shortino) to all the other members of this wonderful team such as Allison, Alisa, Jen, Liam, Nick, Lindsey and others who made the whole process easy and fast. There was great communication and all my concerns were addressed and resolved. Also, the inception to the final installation was not up to three months. It was a wonderful and amazing experience.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you very much for the kind review Funmi! We are happy you were able to share this amazing experience with Sun Badger Solar, and trusting in us to complete the project for you! Congratulations on going solar, and we look forward to many sunny years to come for you!

Isral DeBruin Milwaukee, WI

My sales experience with Sun Badger was excellent -- the provided multiple design options at different price points with clear, well-explained documents that helped me understand how much electricity the system would generate, how much it would cost, etc. Installation was pretty good, though I had some issues with communication about where specific pieces were installed. Finally, my communication with the company owner about final payment was challenging and tense at times... however, we did ultimately come to a mutually agreeable solution. In the end, I'm pleased with the installation and the product and would recommend Sun Badger to a friend.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Isral! Sun Badger Solar's sales team takes pride in being honest and ensuring our customers are well informed on the decision they make when going solar. We are pleased that you had a great experience and would recommend us to your friends! Be sure to do so through our Sun Badger Solar app and let us know if you have any questions going forward! Here's to many sunny days ahead for you!

Scott Fosdick Vernon Hills, IL

Sales representative was very knowledgeable and honest. Sun Badger had the overall best and value-added proposal versus five other companies.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Sun Badger Solar's sales consultants pride themselves on being the most knowledgeable in the industry, so we are happy you recognized that! Congratulations on going solar!

Joe O Salem, WI

Sun Badger did everything for me and communicated through an app (sometimes too much) it made the process effortless. I’ve already recommended them to neighbors and family

Tammy Davies Racine, WI

It has almost been one year since I had my solar panels installed. I am very pleased with the power they are generating for me. Sun Badger was very upfront and easy to work with from start to finish.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our goal is to make sure our customers are well-informed throughout their project, and we are so happy you received that! Don't forget about our referral program through our Sun Badger app!

Oct. 28th, 2021

Josh Quint Racine, WI

This is my second system with Sun Badger. The process was straightforward and the equipment and installation were top-notch. They handled all the red tape and got my system up and generating ahead of projections. 2 weeks in to generation and I've generated my first megawatt with my new system.

Timothy Woelk Brookfield, WI

We had no stress with dealing with permit shenanigans, or anything, just looked out for email traffic. Panels got up and running by June, and hope to add battery backup in the future. Install team were pretty cool, and they were able to put panels on a different location where we wanted them, very cool.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Timothy! We look forward to being able to work with you again for your future battery needs! Don't forget about our referral program to spread the good news of going solar!

Mike Chakoian

They walked me through every step of approvals and applications; installed promptly as promised; activated as soon as my utility company gave final approval; were competitive in price; and appear to have a first-rate product. The representitives were courteous, competent, and cordial.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here! Our team aims to inform our customers of the process it takes to go solar, before signing a contract, during the project, and to follow up once your system is on, so we are happy you received that communication! We look forward to many sunny days ahead for you! Don't forget to reach out to us shall you have any questions going forward!

VJ Orfordville, WI

Working with SunBadger made my solar installation so easy, and I felt confident the whole way through. I talked with a lot of companies, and SunBadger really offered the best overall package, professional service, and detailed answers to all my questions.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! This is our ultimate goal, and we are confident you will see the production of your system match what we predicted! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger app! Stay sunny!

Feb. 10th, 2021

DocJ Buffalo Grove, IL

5 service and technical ability their estimate of the power output of the system was spot on. 3 after sales service replaced a faulty panel immediately. They use 5 installers Rethink Electric did my instalation of 24 panels in just 1 and a half days

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the feedback based on your experience! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 15th, 2021

Jordan Milwaukee, WI

The entire process from start to finish was so easy for us to understand and moved quickly to get us saving as soon as possible. We've had some follow up questions with their service department since that have be answer fast as well.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy you had an excellent experience! Don't forget about our referral program to continue earning money back!

Feb. 1st, 2021

Mike Nelson Oshkosh, WI

Sun Badger Solar is the solar provider I chose after consulting with 4 solar providers. My Solar Energy Consultant, Tristan Klein is definitely the top choice if you are looking for premiere solar customer service. I ask the tough questions that would most would not have answers to. My electrical needs on an outdated farm were challenging to design, but Tristan was patient and resourceful. Tristan formulated the right questions and found the exact fit for me and my family. I am so grateful our paths crossed and look forward to showing others how Solar Energy from Sun Badger can help them save money. Electric costs are going up, but the solar will save us more money year after year. Thank you Tristan!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you very much for sharing the experience you had with our sales rep Tristan! Our sales team prides themselves on being very knowledgeable in the market and taking their time when designing a system that will make sense for each individual customer. The feedback you've shared embodies just that, so thank you! Congratulations on going solar, and don't forget to spread the word using our referral program!

Dec. 15th, 2021

Bennett Brantmeier

Great set up , but my shed roof leaks and nobody coming to fix it

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of going solar with us! Your system looks beautiful on your shed, and we can't wait for you to see the benefits of producing your own energy on your next utility statement! Congratulations on going solar and thank you for choosing and trusting in Sun Badger!

Charles Shaw Naples, FL

Great customer service. Best pricing out of 6 quotes. Took almost 6 to complete but all the permitting etc to blame

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Charles! Sun Badger does our best to keep the process moving along, but you are correct that certain parts of the process can take a bit longer than expected due to other parties being involved. Congratulations on going solar!

Cynthia Bade

I was hand held all the way and knew what to expect. Very Happy especially when the sun is shining.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for your feedback! It was a pleasure working with you and congratulations on going solar!

Zach Rendall Waukesha, WI

Sun Badger is very easy to work with. They make the process seamless from start to finish. Having someone do all the paperwork, design, and installation of my solar was worth every penny!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the feedback! Taking care of you, as the customer, is our main priority, and we are so pleased you experienced that. Don't forget about our referral program to share the experience with your friends and family!

Jun. 1st, 2022

Funmi Ashiru Aurora, IL

Great company to work with. All the Sun Badger teams were great. Inquiries were answered promptly and communication was great. The whole process was super fast and easy. Will highly recommend.

Haase Handcraft

Great experience from start to finish. They took care of everything!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you very much for this kind review! If you have any questions from here going forward, please let us know as we are here for you even beyond the installation of your solar system! We look forward to working with your referrals! Stay sunny ☀️

Mar. 17th, 2022

Michael Naretta Rockford, IL

For the most part everything was fine. There was some weirdness regarding the install because they started installing, stopped because it was too cold, came back out in the same temperature and again said it was too cold, and finally finished installing when it was warm enough. Also, the solar credits with my energy provider are not working as initially described. I tried contacting Sun Badger via e-mail about this and never got a response.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Michael! Sun Badger's installation teams install all winter long, but if weather conditions do not allow for safe installations, we will postpone for these reasons. We apologize that this occurred during your installation dates. As for the energy credits with your utility company, please reach out to [email protected] so that we can help you navigate this conversation with your utility company.

Whitney Sickler Franksville, WI

Good communication for the most part. Things were done in a timely manor. The installers were friendly. I was a little unhappy that my credit needed be to ran a second time, taking a hard hit to my credit report.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your feedback and hope that there are many sunny days ahead for you! :)

Jessica Titus Reeseville, WI

Very direct, straightforward, and informational process. I felt as if we were told about the various options available and able to choose, without pressure, the option we truly wanted!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Our sales team is truly full of rockstars! We strive to take the educational/non pushy approach and consistently hear just that from our customers. We are so glad you're happy with the outcome of your solar project and thank you for choosing Sun Badger Solar!

Craig Johnson Naples, FL

There was constant communication during the entire process. From sales to post-installation follow-up the Sun Badger team kept me up to date and was always available to answer questions

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Craig! We are always here to answer any questions, so please don't hesitate to reach out.

Nancy Muehllehner Middleton, WI

They were very responsive and professional. There were a few hiccups when a financial employee was new, and MGE was difficult to schedule, but each time I found them responsive to the issues. All in all I can highly reccommend SubBadger

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Scheduling with utility companies can sometimes be a challenge, but our goal is to always keep you updated along the way! We are always here if you have any questions or concerns. Stay sunny!

Feb. 15th, 2021

Toby Behmer Stillman Valley, IL

They did a great job throughout the entire process. My salesman was easily accessible with any questions I had. The install team was courteous and professional and the installed system looks and works great!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience Toby! Your system is producing beautifully in the first year, and many more years to come! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 11th, 2021

Tim Salefski Prospect Heights, IL

I had 8 estimates and sun badger was the best. They had great service and did a great job on the install. The estimated panel output has been almost spot on with actual production.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for choosing Sun Badger, and as always we appreciate the feedback!

Steven Kling Bloomingdale, IL

Very professional and thorough in the process. Communicated very well and cost was reasonable. Provide a very nice proposal that laid everything out before we committed to the project.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! We are here if you have any questions beyond system installation, so feel free to reach out to us! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 9th, 2021

Dan Reimann Mount Prospect, IL

We were one of the first customers for a Telsa battery so it took some extra time but the results were great. A year earlier we used SunBadger Solar for Solar panels and they were perfect for this installation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for the feedback Dan, and thank you continuing to support and choose us for your solar powered installations! Don't forget about the referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app as well.

Dana Kaempen Naperville, IL

Customer Review Video

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure working with you as well! Your system is producing right on track with the predictions, and looks beautiful on your home! Thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with!

Terrell Smith Madison, WI

SunBadger was prompt, polite, worked with us to make sure everything was according to our desires, and most importantly, worked with the city to obtain the permits. We are very pleased with them!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for writing this review! It was a pleasure doing business with you! We hope that you can continue to earn rewards by utilizing our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app!

Feb. 1st, 2021

Kurt Stefan Menomonee Falls, WI

From start to finish my experience with Sun Badge Solar was overly positive. One of the first steps in the process is to meet with one of their solar energy consultants. I was worked with Dustin S who was incredibly knowledgeable and took the time to answer any and all questions. He did a fantastic job of laying out all of our options and showing us how solar could be beneficial for us. However, never during this process was I pressured into making any decisions. It was always a casual conversation with no pressure. The project schedule played out pretty true to what I was told to expect. I signed my contract with Sun Badger in early August 2020 and had my solar panels installed in early January with interconnection to the energy grid in mid-January 2021 (about 5.5 months start to finish). You constantly get updates and emails from the project team to make sure that you are aware of the latest progress. Installation went very smooth. It took the install team about 1.5 days to complete my project. It took them a bit longer than anticipated due to snow on my roof at the time of install. Yes - they are able to install the system year round and not damage your roof! Unfortunately, one of my panels was damaged in transit. The installers immediately brought this to my attention and put a plan together to ensure that a new panel was ordered and would get installed. They even identified that the caulk around the new electric meter needed to be redone. This was all identified by the install team and did not require me bringing these issues to their attention to have fixed. I appreciated the install team's attention to detail and professionalism. The Enphase app that you use for tracking and monitoring your solar system is very easy to use and informational. It's amazing to track your energy consumption and production. The only sad part is cloudy days, but you can't control the weather. I'm particularly impressed with Sun Badger's warranty. Both my solar panels and the labor are covered by the warranty should anything go wrong over the next 20 years. That's pretty impressive and shows you how confident they are in the product and their workmanship. Sun Badger even guaranteed that I would still receive my 26% tax incentive. The rate was scheduled to drop to 22% if the system wasn't connected to the electric grid by 12/31/20. Guaranteeing the 4% difference wasn't something they had to do. However, it shows you how much they value their clients and want to do right by them. I am extremely happy with my decision to install solar on my house. If you are even considering solar, I'd highly recommend reaching out to Sun Badger Solar for a consultation. You wont' regret it!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure working with you, and your feedback is definitely appreciated!! If you have any questions about your system, we are here to help always! Congrats on going solar!

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Aaron leach Burlington, WI

Good commutation on the wholeproject crew was fast and cleaned up the work site after thejob was completed

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review Aaron! We are happy to hear that our crew was clean and respectful of your property. Our goal is for this to be a smooth and easy process for the homeowner! We look forward to many sunny years ahead for you!