Sun Badger Solar

6.6

Headquartered in Wisconsin since 2018, Sun Badger Solar is a full-service company providing both commercial and residential solar installation services to home and business owners in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Despite being in business for a relatively short amount of time, the company has already made a name for itself, making Solar Power World Magazine’s “Top 500 Solar Contractor” list every year since its founding (2018–2020 to date).

The Good

• Tier-One Equipment
  • NABCEP Certified
  • Habitat for Humanity Partner

Tier-One Equipment

Sun Badger Solar only installs equipment with a 25-year equipment warranty or better. As an LG Platinum Partner, the solar provider installs some of the most durable and energy-efficient solar panel modules on the market. LG solar panels clock an impressive 22 percent efficiency (second only to industry leader SunPower), and sport a sleek, black on black aesthetic designed to withstand extreme temperatures, rain, snow, or shine. Sun Badger Solar also carries inverters from Enphase, which supplies a proprietary consumption monitoring system that syncs with the Sun Badger Solar mobile app.

Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer

On top of its impressive array of solar panel and inverter selections, Sun Badger Solar also installs solar backup battery solutions through its partnership with Tesla Solar. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most efficient solar batteries available today, and can harness and store enough energy to keep the lights on at night or in the event of a power outage or other grid mishap.

NABCEP Certified

Sun Badger Solar employs electricians and technicians who have been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is an industry-recognized organization that has authored numerous and rigorous certification programs aimed at raising the standard in solar. The organization actively educates companies on best installation standards and solar technology. Companies with this certification distinguish themselves and experts in their field, so Sun Badger Solar customers can rest easy knowing their installation will be done right.

Habitat for Humanity Partner

Sun Badger Solar has partnered with Habitat for Humanity to promote sustainable communities throughout the country. For every solar panel installation Sun Badge Solar builds, the company will donate $250 to Habitat for Humanity that goes directly toward building strong and stable homes for strong and stable communities. Sun Badger Solar is donating, at minimum, $100,000 to the charitable organization through 2021 — an impressive number that demonstrates the company’s true commitment to sustainability.

The Bad

• Utilizies Electrical Partnerships for FL and MN
  • No Lease or PPA Options

Utilizies Electrical Partnerships for FL and MN

Sun Badger Solar’s team of certified solar technicians are present at every solar panel installation in Illinois and Wisconsin; however, the company does contract out its installation services to qualified partners in Florida and Minnesota. While the difference in quality may be negligible, Sun Badger Solar customers living in these locales should be aware of these partnerships that may or may not maintain NABCEP-certified status the way that Sun Badger Solar does.

No Lease or PPA Options

Like many companies in the solar industry, Sun Badger Solar readily offers customers direct purchase of its solar energy systems, or financing through a third-party lender in the form of low interest, long term loans, zero-down, zero-interest for up to 12 months solar loans or home-equity lines of credit (HELOC). However, the company does not appear to offer customers the option to lease its solar energy systems, or pay for solar power through a power purchase agreement (PPA).

Both of these options can be incredibly cost-effective for customers on a fixed income who want to get involved with solar power. They both charge monthly fees that are often lower than utility bill payments, and place the burden of ownership (along with installation and maintenance fees) solely on the company.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sun Badger Solar checks several boxes for what a competent, quality solar installation company should have. Its technicians are NABCEP certified, and are authorized to install some of the best and most energy-efficient solar equipment on the market. Through its partnership with Habitat for Humanity, the company also gives back and actively works toward establishing healthy, sustainable communities.

Florida and Minnesota customers should note that the company contracts its solar project installations to partners local to those states, and Sun Badger Solar customers everywhere will have to choose between purchase and loan financing. With all that in mind, customers are encouraged to obtain a free quote with the company to see if Sun Badger Solar is the best solar company for their needs.

bookmark

Featured Review

Ratnicks Northville, MI

Excellent customer support from entire Sun Badger Teamwork After doing research for more than 3 years and getting various quotes, in 2020, my neighbor referred me to Sun Badger Solar, which has impressed me from the beginning to the end. I definitely will be recommending my family and friends for a referral with Sun Badger Solar. From the beginning, my sales representative, Ann G., provided a detailed solar system proposal presentation (very professional), unlike other solar contractors. She patiently worked with me to revise the proposal based on my particular requirements for my solar system. Even after installation, Ann is super responsive to all my questions. During the course of the project, Sun Badger also impressed me when they showed that they were using a project management software and detailed timeline documentation to ensure that both the Sun Badger project team members and I were always informed of all project steps. Sun Badger approached every aspect of my solar project in a professional and courteous manner. Of course, with every solar project, the not-so-fun part is the waiting game for permit approval with the municipality. I believe Sun Badger did their best to push the approvals through in a timely manner. On the day of installation, which happened to be a snowy January 2021 morning, everything went super smooth. The installation team also made an improvement to the original solar array layout on the day of installation which improved my roof’s aesthetic. Final inspection was handled professionally between Sun Badger and the municipality representative. Audrey C. helped answer my questions (super responsive) over email once I was approved to use my new solar system. After my solar system was up and running, I also received a friendly follow up call from Lindsey S. to ensure that I was properly setup with the solar monitoring software. She also helped to answer my solar tax credit questions and solar monitoring software questions. Thank you to Sun Badger Solar for the excellent customer support and professionalism in installing my dream solar panel system!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure working with you on your dream solar panel system! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and we are happy to hear we met those standards for you. We are looking forward to the sunny days ahead for your system! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 22nd, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Sleepy Hollow Customer West Dundee, IL

We contacted them almost a year ago about installing solar panels on our roof. It seemed like many of the companies selling installations were based in California and we wanted to deal with a company based in the midwest because the weather and solar output would be different from that on the west coast. They responded promptly and talked us through the process thoroughly. The other installers didn't seem as diligent about the details of the installation and their prices were higher (at least their first estimates were). We followed through with Sunbadger and have been pleased with every step of the process.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for the compliment Sleepy Hollow Customer! Sun Badger is proud to be a Midwest company, operating with a midwestern work ethic and old-fashioned honesty, wherever we are. We also work hard to have a local presence in all of our markets, so that we get to know our customers, the local utility companies and of course the seasons and the sunshine specifics. We hope you will enjoy the benefits of your Sun Badger Solar system for many years, and we remain ready to assist if you ever need us.

Jun. 7th, 2021

Matt K Saint Michael, MN

We were very satisfied with the overall experience in working with Sun Badger. All the people involved in the process were very helpful along the way. They educated us on how the whole solar power system worked and answered any questions we had in a very timely manner. I'd recommend Solar Badger to anyone who is thinking about going solar in the future.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your compliments Matt! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are informed on the products and process of going solar, and are also satisfied with their end result! We are happy to have met these standards for you. Congratulations on going solar and don't forget to use our Sun Badger app to spread the word!

Jun. 7th, 2021

Dave Klocke Hastings, MN

The best part of my experience was the one day install for my system. The system is up and running now and looks good. The people I worked with were all friendly and professional. Disappointments included a significant delay in install compared with promised and the need for a few return visits by electricians and power company to satisfy inspectors. The company indicates they have made some adjustments to improve these issues. I would rate between 3-4 stars where five stars would have been best price, accurate install date, and flawless install with all inspections passed the first go around.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback. You have a high quality system that will produce savings for you for years to come! We appreciate your patience through some of the delays, and we look forward to many sunny days ahead for you!

Apr. 16th, 2021

DocJ Buffalo Grove, IL

5 service and technical ability their estimate of the power output of the system was spot on. 3 after sales service replaced a faulty panel immediately. They use 5 installers Rethink Electric did my instalation of 24 panels in just 1 and a half days

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the feedback based on your experience! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

VJ Orfordville, WI

Working with SunBadger made my solar installation so easy, and I felt confident the whole way through. I talked with a lot of companies, and SunBadger really offered the best overall package, professional service, and detailed answers to all my questions.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! This is our ultimate goal, and we are confident you will see the production of your system match what we predicted! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger app! Stay sunny!

Jordan Milwaukee, WI

The entire process from start to finish was so easy for us to understand and moved quickly to get us saving as soon as possible. We've had some follow up questions with their service department since that have be answer fast as well.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy you had an excellent experience! Don't forget about our referral program to continue earning money back!

Nancy Muehllehner Middleton, WI

They were very responsive and professional. There were a few hiccups when a financial employee was new, and MGE was difficult to schedule, but each time I found them responsive to the issues. All in all I can highly reccommend SubBadger

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Scheduling with utility companies can sometimes be a challenge, but our goal is to always keep you updated along the way! We are always here if you have any questions or concerns. Stay sunny!

Toby Behmer Stillman Valley, IL

They did a great job throughout the entire process. My salesman was easily accessible with any questions I had. The install team was courteous and professional and the installed system looks and works great!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience Toby! Your system is producing beautifully in the first year, and many more years to come! Congratulations on going solar!

Steven Kling Bloomingdale, IL

Very professional and thorough in the process. Communicated very well and cost was reasonable. Provide a very nice proposal that laid everything out before we committed to the project.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! We are here if you have any questions beyond system installation, so feel free to reach out to us! Congratulations on going solar!

Dan Reimann Mount Prospect, IL

We were one of the first customers for a Telsa battery so it took some extra time but the results were great. A year earlier we used SunBadger Solar for Solar panels and they were perfect for this installation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for the feedback Dan, and thank you continuing to support and choose us for your solar powered installations! Don't forget about the referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app as well.

Dana Kaempen Naperville, IL

All the folks at SunBadger were up front and transparent about every step of the process. They stand behind their work and make sure everything is done 100% correctly. I really enjoyed working with each member of the team.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure working with you as well! Your system is producing right on track with the predictions, and looks beautiful on your home! Thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with!

Tim Salefski Prospect Heights, IL

I had 8 estimates and sun badger was the best. They had great service and did a great job on the install. The estimated panel output has been almost spot on with actual production.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for choosing Sun Badger, and as always we appreciate the feedback!

Terrell Smith Madison, WI

SunBadger was prompt, polite, worked with us to make sure everything was according to our desires, and most importantly, worked with the city to obtain the permits. We are very pleased with them!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for writing this review! It was a pleasure doing business with you! We hope that you can continue to earn rewards by utilizing our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app!

Daniel Zientara Lakeville, MN

I original chose Sun Badger because they were the lowest cost of four different quotes I got. Their service, hardware, and software is great. The installers did a great job. The install happened later than we expected, but Sun Badger paid my electricity bill from the time when the install was originally schedule for and the date of when the system came online.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review! We are very excited for the sunny days ahead for you! Congratulations on going solar, and thank you for choosing Sun Badger!

Mar. 17th, 2021

Kurt Stefan Menomonee Falls, WI

From start to finish my experience with Sun Badge Solar was overly positive. One of the first steps in the process is to meet with one of their solar energy consultants. I was worked with Dustin S who was incredibly knowledgeable and took the time to answer any and all questions. He did a fantastic job of laying out all of our options and showing us how solar could be beneficial for us. However, never during this process was I pressured into making any decisions. It was always a casual conversation with no pressure. The project schedule played out pretty true to what I was told to expect. I signed my contract with Sun Badger in early August 2020 and had my solar panels installed in early January with interconnection to the energy grid in mid-January 2021 (about 5.5 months start to finish). You constantly get updates and emails from the project team to make sure that you are aware of the latest progress. Installation went very smooth. It took the install team about 1.5 days to complete my project. It took them a bit longer than anticipated due to snow on my roof at the time of install. Yes - they are able to install the system year round and not damage your roof! Unfortunately, one of my panels was damaged in transit. The installers immediately brought this to my attention and put a plan together to ensure that a new panel was ordered and would get installed. They even identified that the caulk around the new electric meter needed to be redone. This was all identified by the install team and did not require me bringing these issues to their attention to have fixed. I appreciated the install team's attention to detail and professionalism. The Enphase app that you use for tracking and monitoring your solar system is very easy to use and informational. It's amazing to track your energy consumption and production. The only sad part is cloudy days, but you can't control the weather. I'm particularly impressed with Sun Badger's warranty. Both my solar panels and the labor are covered by the warranty should anything go wrong over the next 20 years. That's pretty impressive and shows you how confident they are in the product and their workmanship. Sun Badger even guaranteed that I would still receive my 26% tax incentive. The rate was scheduled to drop to 22% if the system wasn't connected to the electric grid by 12/31/20. Guaranteeing the 4% difference wasn't something they had to do. However, it shows you how much they value their clients and want to do right by them. I am extremely happy with my decision to install solar on my house. If you are even considering solar, I'd highly recommend reaching out to Sun Badger Solar for a consultation. You wont' regret it!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure working with you, and your feedback is definitely appreciated!! If you have any questions about your system, we are here to help always! Congrats on going solar!

Vadim K.

Best price, competent field workers and knowlegable saleman, The only issue is extremely protracted drawings/permit/approval process. Looks like they need to strengthen the office team.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! Since your project, we have strengthened our team to ensure we are providing the best customer experience possible! We also have made changes to our project management software and added onboarding sessions for new customers. Our focus is on our customers and hope that your future referrals will see the difference as we continue to grow!

Joe Teunessen Chicago, IL

Overall, they did a great job installing 25 solar panels on our South facing roof. Some of the timeliness dealing with inspections, et al, could be a little frustrating but not the fault of the installer.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! Your solar array looks beautiful and is producing right on track with what we predicted. We appreciate your understanding of the different parties that are involved in this process, and how delays may occur due to outside factors of Sun Badger. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Jason Atchison Milwaukee, WI

SunBadger was very helpful in walking me through the process of going solar. They didnt pressure me at all when it came time to deciding to move forward or not

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Jason! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

Peter Richardson Mount Prospect, IL

I am very happy with the system SunBadger designed and installed for me. I recommended them to 2 friends who also had systems installed. 3rd friend showed different panels in quote. They did not look as 3. Get multiple quotes and check the specs. Paperwork for sRECs was lost and delayed for a long time.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! The SREC process is known to be lengthy so delays are often from within that organization, which Sun Badger has no control over. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we appreciate the referrals! If you haven't already, please download our Sun Badger Solar app to start earning rewards for those referrals!

Kaleb Haugen Madison, WI

SunBadger offered great quality of materials and installation. Their price was competitive, and considering the high quality LG panels and Enphase inverters used the price to value is much better than competitors.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review Kaleb! We are here if you have any questions at all. Congratulations on going solar and we are so happy you chose us here at Sun Badger!

Ben Tolsky Wilmette, IL

SunBadger offered the best solution at the best price. They were friendly and very easy to work with. The entire installation process was very smooth.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for your feedback Ben! It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on going solar!

ChicagoO Lockport, IL

My rating is reduced to the complex contract process. Before signing with SunBadger, ask for the contract with the utility company. The utility company is holding you responsible for the solar delivery, not SunBadger. I was extremely happy with Sunbadger, the design, and implementation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback. During your solar project there are many different parties involved in getting this system installed and turned on for you. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with Sun Badger Solar! Our goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and handling the communications with your utility is part of that. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns! Stay sunny!

Pam Deleskiewicz Wood Dale, IL

SunBadger is tough to beat! Knowledgeable staff, quality products and 5 communication. I'm very happy I chose SunBadger.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Pam!! Don't forget about our referral program to earn extra rewards! Congratulations on going solar :)

Jay Mews Saint Paul, MN

Installation went well: crew friendly and professional. The biggest issue was not getting a heads-up on material drop off and confirming work start date.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback! Our new project management software that was recently put in place, should alleviate some of those communication errors. We do get excited for installation day though! :)

Feb. 19th, 2021

Carl Cacciatore Rockford, IL

very satisfied with my system. It delivers as promised. The only complaint I may have is that when it snows it interfers with the power collection.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Carl! Yes, your system is right on track to produce as predicted! We do take into consideration snow interference when creating these predictions for your annual offset. Stay sunny!

Neil szalewski Milwaukee, WI

Customer support. Communication. The entire process was easy and sun badger was able to meet my requirements and answer any questions along the way.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are pleased to hear it was a seamless process for you! Don't forget about our referral program to earn extra rewards!

Ben A. Minneapolis, MN

We have mixed feelings about our experience with Sun Badger Solar. In short, the equipment itself is great and the sales and installation teams were outstanding. However, a simple miscalculation on Sun Badger’s part, and refusal to own up to the mistake from upper level leadership, including the president, Trevor S., really soured our experience, so unfortunately we cannot recommend Sun Badger. In our experience, it appears that Sun Badger put profit over customer commitment. Here’s our experience in more detail, for those to whom it’d be helpful. The positives: Everything about our experience with our salesperson, Jake H., was outstanding. He helped us understand all our options and was very attentive to our questions, thoroughly addressing all of them to ensure that we were making the best possible decision for our needs and our property. Even after the initial consultation and throughout the process, Jake and the others on the project management team were available and responsive if we ever had any questions or wanted to touch base. About a week before the installation was scheduled, we found out that the panels we had planned on were not available, but that a similar higher-producing panel in the same size was. Sun Badger offered to swap these in, like for like, which we very much appreciated. The panels themselves are high quality and performing as they should be. The negatives: Our most significant negative experience in the process was that on the day of the install the installation crew informed us that the number of panels Sun Badger had laid out in their design would not fit. Our roof surface is a simple rectangle, so calculating the number of panels should be simple math. The installation crew rearranged the panels in such a way that they could fit as many as possible on our roof, but we were still left with 2 fewer panels, which translates to a system that produces 7% less energy than expected. This may sound like a small percentage, but when our goal was to max out our production to get as close as possible to the 120%-offset limit (as set out by our utility, Xcel Energy), 7% makes a big difference, especially considering how that multiplies over the 30-year life of solar panels. Had we known the original panels wouldn’t fit when we should have known—right after the engineering site visit—we would have re-designed, with different panels that would get us closer to our energy production goals. Instead, we were faced with a day-of-install decision of either delaying our project until the following year to accommodate a redesign (and therefore accept a lower federal rebate rate), or opt for a lower-producing system. We went with the latter. This caused another issue on the financing side since we had signed the financing documents at the beginning of the process, and could not now change those documents with our lender. Sun Badger did credit us for the panels that were not installed, so we could apply those funds to the principal on our loan, and they have assured us that they’ve changed the loan process so that this won’t happen to future customers. With regards to the miscalculation, Sun Badger says they’ve made system changes to avoid this error in the future. However, when we approached Sun Badger for any sort of good-faith gesture of compensation to help make this right for us, the best they could do was an Amazon or restaurant gift card. In fact, Sun Badger largely avoided owning responsibility for the error and the long-term negative impact it will cause us over the life of the panels. Sun Badger also avoided apologies by saying things like, “at the end of the day, you still have a great system and are getting thousands back in rebates.” True, but we are not getting our planned return on investment. The empty words and platitudes don’t address the problem. Sun Badger’s leadership’s lack of responsibility is the most disappointing part of this whole experience. We don’t question that the panels themselves and the installation are great, and our experience with our salesperson, Jake, was great. But if the best that we can say is that the product itself, installation, and the salesperson were great, you’d be better off finding another solar company that can accurately design a panel layout and will do the right thing for their customers.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Mr. Alle thank you for your comments. Sun Badger takes care to install the highest quality and newest technology products, and we ensure the best possible customer experience. We apologize that you found our efforts did not meet your expectations. As you noted, Sun Badger took responsibility for providing you a no-charge upgrade to the original panels selected for your design, and we also refunded you for any panels that were not installed and any financing fees related to the slight change in your design. As explained, you are receiving the maximum production possible out of the solar array we installed on your home, given the physical space available on your roof. We explained changes to our design procedures to prevent future situations like yours from occurring. And we offered you gift card compensation, which you declined because you demanded something of a higher value in exchange for not writing a review. You have an excellent, well designed solar array which we are very proud of, and which will save you thousands of dollars on your electric bill over its life. We stand by our work and believe Sun Badger has treated you more than fairly. But of course, we are disappointed you didn’t feel our efforts and offers were sufficient. We are confident you will enjoy your solar energy system for many years.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Utpal Patel Forney, TX

Honesty and exceptional customer service, no force selling, Quality of installation and varieties of Panel selections to meet for budget. The only negative is the time taken after installation to activate the system. It took almost 6 weeks after installation to activate the service due to issues with ComEd paperwork.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review and congratulations on going solar!

Josh Graminske Sheboygan, WI

We worked with Tristan and the sun badger team to install a solar power generating system on our roof. As our electricity usage is so high, we needed quite a few panels, which are split over the roof of our house and our detached shop. We were highly impressed with the entire team, from sales, to permitting, to installation! They made it a seamless process. We would definitely recommend Sun Badger Solar to anyone looking to get solar panels installed on their home!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so pleased to hear this feedback! Hopefully through the referral program on our app you will see more money back in your pockets too! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

Jan. 18th, 2021

Jake Richards Muskego, WI

Our experience with Sun Badger Solar was superb. From the initial sales presentation with Jarred all the way through to the closeout with Lindsey, Sun Badger exceeded our expectations. Ryan and his installation team were professional, courteous and efficient with their install, working through inclement weather and always communicating with us on the progress. We obtained multiple quotes from various contractors and ultimately went with Sun Badger because of their dedication to customer care and transparency. 10 out of 10 experience and highly recommend them for your solar journey.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure working with you both! We are happy to hear that the process from start to end has exceeded your expectations! Also, don't forget about the amazing rewards program! ☀️ If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

Dec. 14th, 2020

Kathleen Walsh Chicago, IL

SunBadger Solar kept me informed about every step of the project. They were always ready to answer any questions we had

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Our service team is always ready to answer questions for you, even now after your system is installed! Stay sunny!

Ken Dundee, IL

I had 3 service and the installation crew was very professional Both on the electrical side and the panel side

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Your feedback is appreciated! Thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with!

Richard Merrell Waukegan, IL

Everything was very smooth and seamless. All I had to do was sit back and let SunBadger do all the work.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for choosing us to go solar with! Don't forget to join our referral program to earn more rewards. Stay sunny!

Katie Simenson Burlington, WI

Great communication, kept to the agreed upon schedule. Worked with me when I needed to extend installation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! It was a pleasure working with you, and congratulations on going solar!

Leslie Swartz Bolingbrook, IL

SunBadge did a wonderful job answering our questions and helping us through the process of getting our solar roof.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Congratulations on going solar! ☀️ Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger solar app to continue earning rewards!

Terry W. Rockford, IL

Everything went great, tax breaks, rebates, all went well. I ended up having a16.00 a month electric bill

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It's so exciting to see lower utility bills! Congratulations on going solar!

Kirk Round Lake, IL

The system works well. My check for the renewable energy credits came about a year after installation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, the SREC program can take some time to send out the checks, but we are happy that you received what you were expecting from it!

Mark Stenftenagel Elmhurst, IL

They were excellent even though my salesperson quit in the middle of the transaction. The rest of the team picked up and finished the job .

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Mark! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app to earn more money back!

Jason Weiss Glenview, IL

Exceptional service. They explained the the whole process. They answered all my questions and concerns.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are always here to answer questions, so feel free to reach out. Also, don't forget about our referral program and our Sun Badger Solar app!

Disappointed Madison, WI

The farm after work two current electric but didn’t tell me that in the sale. They made it seem as though they had their own project manager and such. They did not So I had to put up with it and uncooperative contractor

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project. We apologize that we did not meet these standards for you. I hope to be able to connect with you to see if we can look further into what occurred during your project and see how we can help alleviate some of the frustrations.

William Tsai Naperville, IL

SunBadger Solar provides all my questions in very promptly fashion and resolved all my issues

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! We are always here to help, so do not hesitate to reach out with any questions down the road! Thanks for choosing Sun Badger!

Everett Madison, WI

Easy enough, kept in touch and kept me informed, got the system installed and it works great.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

Martin & Melissa North Aurora, IL

Professional, polite, knew their stuff, promptly answered questions, no surprises.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure working with you and congratulations on going solar!

Stephen Hwang Naperville, IL

Couldn't set up system correctly at the first try. Some issues happened during my first year solar system ownership.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! Your first full year of production very closely matched what we predicted for your system to produce! How exciting to see those utility bills go away! If you have any questions or issues regarding your system, please reach out to our service department at [email protected] We are always here to help! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 18th, 2021

Will Hornsby Skokie, IL

Customer service was spotty. One staff person we dealt with was underwhelming, while others were great.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with! We are always here if you have any questions, so don't hesitate to reach out!

David Danner Racine, WI

I have had issues and left voice messages and emails and no one has responded. All the people I spoke with on preparation and installation are no longer there. Steer clear and do not give them any business. HORRIBLE

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback David. We are sorry to hear that your frustrations come from not being able to reach us due to your original sales rep no longer working at Sun Badger. We are always available via phone or email. If you have future issues please reach us at 1-888-SUN-BDGR (1-888-786-2347) or via email at [email protected] If it's a service related issue please email [email protected]

Feb. 5th, 2021

Richard Pierce Schaumburg, IL

Knowledge and service don't sell you more than is cost effective and great support

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased you chose us to go solar with! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app to earn even more money back!

Dorothy Gurnee, IL

Awesome the crew were knowledgeable and friendly. All questions we had were addressed

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

We are so happy you decided to go solar with us, and hope that we can point out that your system is performing as expected. Your system produced nearly 11,000 kWh last year, while we predicted that it would produce about 10,000 kWh. High bills can be frustrating but a lot factors into that, and with the amount of electricity that you use, we never guaranteed 100% offset. Without solar your utility bill would be even higher. We hope that this helps clarify any frustrations you have and that you understand the system a little bit better now.

Jim Weber De Forest, WI

Easy to work with, answered all our questions, and did what they said they would.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Jim! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions throughout the lifetime of your system. Stay sunny!