Sun Badger Solar

7.9

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

Headquartered in Wisconsin since 2018, Sun Badger Solar is a full-service company providing both commercial and residential solar installation services to home and business owners in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Despite being in business for a relatively short amount of time, the company has already made a name for itself, making Solar Power World Magazine’s “Top 500 Solar Contractor” list every year since its founding (2018–2020 to date).

The Good

• Tier-One Equipment
  • NABCEP Certified
  • Habitat for Humanity Partner

Tier-One Equipment

Sun Badger Solar only installs equipment with a 25-year equipment warranty or better. As an LG Platinum Partner, the solar provider installs some of the most durable and energy-efficient solar panel modules on the market. LG solar panels clock an impressive 22 percent efficiency (second only to industry leader SunPower), and sport a sleek, black on black aesthetic designed to withstand extreme temperatures, rain, snow, or shine. Sun Badger Solar also carries inverters from Enphase, which supplies a proprietary consumption monitoring system that syncs with the Sun Badger Solar mobile app.

Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer

On top of its impressive array of solar panel and inverter selections, Sun Badger Solar also installs solar backup battery solutions through its partnership with Tesla Solar. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most efficient solar batteries available today, and can harness and store enough energy to keep the lights on at night or in the event of a power outage or other grid mishap.

NABCEP Certified

Sun Badger Solar employs electricians and technicians who have been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is an industry-recognized organization that has authored numerous and rigorous certification programs aimed at raising the standard in solar. The organization actively educates companies on best installation standards and solar technology. Companies with this certification distinguish themselves and experts in their field, so Sun Badger Solar customers can rest easy knowing their installation will be done right.

Habitat for Humanity Partner

Sun Badger Solar has partnered with Habitat for Humanity to promote sustainable communities throughout the country. For every solar panel installation Sun Badge Solar builds, the company will donate $250 to Habitat for Humanity that goes directly toward building strong and stable homes for strong and stable communities. Sun Badger Solar is donating, at minimum, $100,000 to the charitable organization through 2021 — an impressive number that demonstrates the company’s true commitment to sustainability.

The Bad

• Utilizies Electrical Partnerships for FL and MN
  • No Lease or PPA Options

Utilizies Electrical Partnerships for FL and MN

Sun Badger Solar’s team of certified solar technicians are present at every solar panel installation in Illinois and Wisconsin; however, the company does contract out its installation services to qualified partners in Florida and Minnesota. While the difference in quality may be negligible, Sun Badger Solar customers living in these locales should be aware of these partnerships that may or may not maintain NABCEP-certified status the way that Sun Badger Solar does.

No Lease or PPA Options

Like many companies in the solar industry, Sun Badger Solar readily offers customers direct purchase of its solar energy systems, or financing through a third-party lender in the form of low interest, long term loans, zero-down, zero-interest for up to 12 months solar loans or home-equity lines of credit (HELOC). However, the company does not appear to offer customers the option to lease its solar energy systems, or pay for solar power through a power purchase agreement (PPA).

Both of these options can be incredibly cost-effective for customers on a fixed income who want to get involved with solar power. They both charge monthly fees that are often lower than utility bill payments, and place the burden of ownership (along with installation and maintenance fees) solely on the company.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sun Badger Solar checks several boxes for what a competent, quality solar installation company should have. Its technicians are NABCEP certified, and are authorized to install some of the best and most energy-efficient solar equipment on the market. Through its partnership with Habitat for Humanity, the company also gives back and actively works toward establishing healthy, sustainable communities.

Florida and Minnesota customers should note that the company contracts its solar project installations to partners local to those states, and Sun Badger Solar customers everywhere will have to choose between purchase and loan financing. With all that in mind, customers are encouraged to obtain a free quote with the company to see if Sun Badger Solar is the best solar company for their needs.

Message from
Sun Badger Solar

Sun Badger Solar® is a top rated solar developer servicing residential and commercial customers. We focus on high-quality solar PV systems and the best customer experience, including education, design, and application for state and federal rebates. All of our work is performed by licensed electrical contractors.

Experts in the Field Our solar experts will walk you through the financial benefits and financing options, as well as customizing the most efficient and appropriate system design for your home and budget.

Only the Best Take the guesswork out of which panel is best for you. A solar project with Sun Badger® means you are getting the best product & technology available.

Fair Pricing Ensuring you have the right balance between energy production and consumption while reaping the most incentives available is our number one priority. All in all that means you’ll be getting the best pricing out there.

Quick Work You don’t need anything else in the way of taking your energy into your own hands, so time is of the essence. While most installers are quoting 5 to 6 months, Sun Badger® strives to have your system up within 3 to 4 months. This means more money back to you, faster.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Ratnicks Northville, MI

Excellent customer support from entire Sun Badger Teamwork After doing research for more than 3 years and getting various quotes, in 2020, my neighbor referred me to Sun Badger Solar, which has impressed me from the beginning to the end. I definitely will be recommending my family and friends for a referral with Sun Badger Solar. From the beginning, my sales representative, Ann G., provided a detailed solar system proposal presentation (very professional), unlike other solar contractors. She patiently worked with me to revise the proposal based on my particular requirements for my solar system. Even after installation, Ann is super responsive to all my questions. During the course of the project, Sun Badger also impressed me when they showed that they were using a project management software and detailed timeline documentation to ensure that both the Sun Badger project team members and I were always informed of all project steps. Sun Badger approached every aspect of my solar project in a professional and courteous manner. Of course, with every solar project, the not-so-fun part is the waiting game for permit approval with the municipality. I believe Sun Badger did their best to push the approvals through in a timely manner. On the day of installation, which happened to be a snowy January 2021 morning, everything went super smooth. The installation team also made an improvement to the original solar array layout on the day of installation which improved my roof’s aesthetic. Final inspection was handled professionally between Sun Badger and the municipality representative. Audrey C. helped answer my questions (super responsive) over email once I was approved to use my new solar system. After my solar system was up and running, I also received a friendly follow up call from Lindsey S. to ensure that I was properly setup with the solar monitoring software. She also helped to answer my solar tax credit questions and solar monitoring software questions. Thank you to Sun Badger Solar for the excellent customer support and professionalism in installing my dream solar panel system!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure working with you on your dream solar panel system! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and we are happy to hear we met those standards for you. We are looking forward to the sunny days ahead for your system! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 22nd, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Sleepy Hollow Customer West Dundee, IL

We contacted them almost a year ago about installing solar panels on our roof. It seemed like many of the companies selling installations were based in California and we wanted to deal with a company based in the midwest because the weather and solar output would be different from that on the west coast. They responded promptly and talked us through the process thoroughly. The other installers didn't seem as diligent about the details of the installation and their prices were higher (at least their first estimates were). We followed through with Sunbadger and have been pleased with every step of the process.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for the compliment Sleepy Hollow Customer! Sun Badger is proud to be a Midwest company, operating with a midwestern work ethic and old-fashioned honesty, wherever we are. We also work hard to have a local presence in all of our markets, so that we get to know our customers, the local utility companies and of course the seasons and the sunshine specifics. We hope you will enjoy the benefits of your Sun Badger Solar system for many years, and we remain ready to assist if you ever need us.

Jun. 7th, 2021

Olufunmilayo Ashiru Bolingbrook, IL

There is no word to describe Sun Badger Solar than being AWESOME. From the sales personnel (Marina Shortino) to all the other members of this wonderful team such as Allison, Alisa, Jen, Liam, Nick, Lindsey and others who made the whole process easy and fast. There was great communication and all my concerns were addressed and resolved. Also, the inception to the final installation was not up to three months. It was a wonderful and amazing experience.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you very much for the kind review Funmi! We are happy you were able to share this amazing experience with Sun Badger Solar, and trusting in us to complete the project for you! Congratulations on going solar, and we look forward to many sunny years to come for you!

Joshua Hoverman Chicago, IL

Sun Badger did a great job from start to finish. There was very limited effort required on my part during the entire duration. I especially appreciated the level and frequency of communication from various functions within the team. Additionally, the sales process was incredibly low pressure and informative.

Timothy Woelk Brookfield, WI

We had no stress with dealing with permit shenanigans, or anything, just looked out for email traffic. Panels got up and running by June, and hope to add battery backup in the future. Install team were pretty cool, and they were able to put panels on a different location where we wanted them, very cool.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Timothy! We look forward to being able to work with you again for your future battery needs! Don't forget about our referral program to spread the good news of going solar!

Mike Chakoian

They walked me through every step of approvals and applications; installed promptly as promised; activated as soon as my utility company gave final approval; were competitive in price; and appear to have a first-rate product. The representitives were courteous, competent, and cordial.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here! Our team aims to inform our customers of the process it takes to go solar, before signing a contract, during the project, and to follow up once your system is on, so we are happy you received that communication! We look forward to many sunny days ahead for you! Don't forget to reach out to us shall you have any questions going forward!

Isral DeBruin Milwaukee, WI

My sales experience with Sun Badger was excellent -- the provided multiple design options at different price points with clear, well-explained documents that helped me understand how much electricity the system would generate, how much it would cost, etc. Installation was pretty good, though I had some issues with communication about where specific pieces were installed. Finally, my communication with the company owner about final payment was challenging and tense at times... however, we did ultimately come to a mutually agreeable solution. In the end, I'm pleased with the installation and the product and would recommend Sun Badger to a friend.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Isral! Sun Badger Solar's sales team takes pride in being honest and ensuring our customers are well informed on the decision they make when going solar. We are pleased that you had a great experience and would recommend us to your friends! Be sure to do so through our Sun Badger Solar app and let us know if you have any questions going forward! Here's to many sunny days ahead for you!

Whitney Sickler Franksville, WI

Good communication for the most part. Things were done in a timely manor. The installers were friendly. I was a little unhappy that my credit needed be to ran a second time, taking a hard hit to my credit report.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your feedback and hope that there are many sunny days ahead for you! :)

Michael Naretta Rockford, IL

For the most part everything was fine. There was some weirdness regarding the install because they started installing, stopped because it was too cold, came back out in the same temperature and again said it was too cold, and finally finished installing when it was warm enough. Also, the solar credits with my energy provider are not working as initially described. I tried contacting Sun Badger via e-mail about this and never got a response.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Michael! Sun Badger's installation teams install all winter long, but if weather conditions do not allow for safe installations, we will postpone for these reasons. We apologize that this occurred during your installation dates. As for the energy credits with your utility company, please reach out to [email protected] so that we can help you navigate this conversation with your utility company.

Jessica Titus Reeseville, WI

Very direct, straightforward, and informational process. I felt as if we were told about the various options available and able to choose, without pressure, the option we truly wanted!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Our sales team is truly full of rockstars! We strive to take the educational/non pushy approach and consistently hear just that from our customers. We are so glad you're happy with the outcome of your solar project and thank you for choosing Sun Badger Solar!

Craig Johnson Naples, FL

There was constant communication during the entire process. From sales to post-installation follow-up the Sun Badger team kept me up to date and was always available to answer questions

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Craig! We are always here to answer any questions, so please don't hesitate to reach out.

Joel Payment South Saint Paul, MN

I had constant contact with the team working in my solar. I was never kept out of the loop, email and phone calls weekly.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review Joel! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and are communicated with throughout the entire process. We are so pleased to hear you had such a great experience and hope you share the good news by using our referral program! Here's to many sunny days ahead for you!

Nathaniel Ferendzo O'fallon, IL

good sales department, installation team was great. took very long to get it installed. they went to install on a house in a different state which pushed it back another month

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! In this rare occasion, we appreciate your understanding and patience while our team worked to rearrange their installation schedule to ensure you did get installed as quickly as possible. Now that you have your beautiful system installed, we know you will see the benefits for years to come! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions. Stay sunny!

Ajay Gupta Wilmette, IL

Excellent customer service, very responsive. Everything was delivered as promised. Would enthusiastically recommend without hesitatio.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Don't forget to download our Sun Badger Solar app to participate in our referral program, as well as have access to your system's warranties and the monitoring app! We look forward to many sunny years to come for you!

John Scheel Muskego, WI

Installation went great. System is working well and sized so my production slightly exceeded my consumption the first full month.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your systems energy production in the first full month, and how exciting that your system is over producing! Here's to many more sunny years ahead! Thank you for choosing to go solar with Sun Badger!

Barbara Buckley Bradenton, FL

Their customer service is outstanding! This company goes above and beyond with communication! I always knew what was happening!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your feedback Barb! It was also a pleasure working with you! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app and congratulations on going solar!

Erika Johnson Machesney Park, IL

Great experience from the sales process through to installation and beyond. We have referred several people to Sun Badger for their solar needs and will continue to do so.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Erika for writing this review! We appreciate you as an advocate for Sun Badger, and know that your high quality system will continue to sell itself! Congratulations on going solar! :)

Frank Stanek Madison, WI

The process took longer than expected, but they did communicate the entire time. We had a leak issue afterwards that caused some damage though

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We understand that there were some permitting delays with your municipality, but happy to hear you were communicated with during this process! Please reach out to our service department if you ever have any issues relating to your solar project- [email protected]

Lisa Kregel Minneapolis, MN

Disorganized at times, my installation pushed into next calendar year delaying my rebates by a full year. But the panels are producing well.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your feedback Lisa! We have already made some adjustments to our growing MN market to account for some of these delays. We appreciate your patience and understanding through the project, and know that over the next few decades you will see that your high quality system will continue to produce solar energy for your home!

Ryan Lake Villa, IL

Lackluster communication, imperfect execution, several changes from original plans with very limited and inconsistent communication. I had read several good reviews so maybe me experience was an outlier.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Ryan. Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project. We apologize that we did not meet these standards for you. We strive to communicate each step along the way of your project, and that starts with our onboarding process. I hope that your high quality system will continue to show you that Sun Badger Solar was the right choice, and if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Berthold Boone Chicago, IL

I have not received any tax breaks mentioned by the sales person.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback Berthold. Based on previous notes and conversations that were had with your sales rep, we understand that you were aware you could be waitlisted for the SREC incentives in IL. Even though you are currently on the waitlist (along with many others industry wide), we are still hopeful that these funds will be re allocated this fall for our customers! Also, as a reminder, you will need to file for the Federal tax incentives yourself to receive the 26% tax credit. You can do that when you file for your 2021 tax returns. Please reach out to us if you need the tax form, otherwise it can be found on the IRS website in January.

Dominique Reyes

The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. They even sent me swag months after my panels were completed. So thoughtful!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the swag during these sunny, summer days! :)

Kyle Meise Middleton, WI

Overall I am very pleased with how clearly each step was communicated from day one. The installation turned out excellent, and power up was a breeze. I’m very excited to see everything working as promised, and especially happy that my new meter is actually counting backwards for the first time ever. Here’s to many years as a happy customer, thank you SunBadger team!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Kyle for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with! Your system looks great and is producing wonderfully! We look forward to many decades of sunny days for you!

DocJ Buffalo Grove, IL

5 service and technical ability their estimate of the power output of the system was spot on. 3 after sales service replaced a faulty panel immediately. They use 5 installers Rethink Electric did my instalation of 24 panels in just 1 and a half days

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the feedback based on your experience! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

VJ Orfordville, WI

Working with SunBadger made my solar installation so easy, and I felt confident the whole way through. I talked with a lot of companies, and SunBadger really offered the best overall package, professional service, and detailed answers to all my questions.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! This is our ultimate goal, and we are confident you will see the production of your system match what we predicted! Don't forget about our referral program through the Sun Badger app! Stay sunny!

Feb. 10th, 2021

Jordan Milwaukee, WI

The entire process from start to finish was so easy for us to understand and moved quickly to get us saving as soon as possible. We've had some follow up questions with their service department since that have be answer fast as well.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy you had an excellent experience! Don't forget about our referral program to continue earning money back!

Feb. 1st, 2021

Lindsay Pederson Shakopee, MN

They were great at communicating next steps to me and worked hard to make me happy with my project.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We understand that each of our customers have different needs for communication, and we strive to meet those each individually. Our goal is to keep you informed throughout the entire project and I'm happy to hear we did that for you! Congratulations on going solar!

Nancy Muehllehner Middleton, WI

They were very responsive and professional. There were a few hiccups when a financial employee was new, and MGE was difficult to schedule, but each time I found them responsive to the issues. All in all I can highly reccommend SubBadger

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Scheduling with utility companies can sometimes be a challenge, but our goal is to always keep you updated along the way! We are always here if you have any questions or concerns. Stay sunny!

Toby Behmer Stillman Valley, IL

They did a great job throughout the entire process. My salesman was easily accessible with any questions I had. The install team was courteous and professional and the installed system looks and works great!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience Toby! Your system is producing beautifully in the first year, and many more years to come! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 11th, 2021

Steven Kling Bloomingdale, IL

Very professional and thorough in the process. Communicated very well and cost was reasonable. Provide a very nice proposal that laid everything out before we committed to the project.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! We are here if you have any questions beyond system installation, so feel free to reach out to us! Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 9th, 2021

Dan Reimann Mount Prospect, IL

We were one of the first customers for a Telsa battery so it took some extra time but the results were great. A year earlier we used SunBadger Solar for Solar panels and they were perfect for this installation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for the feedback Dan, and thank you continuing to support and choose us for your solar powered installations! Don't forget about the referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app as well.

Dana Kaempen Naperville, IL

All the folks at SunBadger were up front and transparent about every step of the process. They stand behind their work and make sure everything is done 100% correctly. I really enjoyed working with each member of the team.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure working with you as well! Your system is producing right on track with the predictions, and looks beautiful on your home! Thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with!

Tim Salefski Prospect Heights, IL

I had 8 estimates and sun badger was the best. They had great service and did a great job on the install. The estimated panel output has been almost spot on with actual production.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for choosing Sun Badger, and as always we appreciate the feedback!

Terrell Smith Madison, WI

SunBadger was prompt, polite, worked with us to make sure everything was according to our desires, and most importantly, worked with the city to obtain the permits. We are very pleased with them!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for writing this review! It was a pleasure doing business with you! We hope that you can continue to earn rewards by utilizing our referral program through the Sun Badger Solar app!

Feb. 1st, 2021

Matt K Saint Michael, MN

We were very satisfied with the overall experience in working with Sun Badger. All the people involved in the process were very helpful along the way. They educated us on how the whole solar power system worked and answered any questions we had in a very timely manner. I'd recommend Solar Badger to anyone who is thinking about going solar in the future.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your compliments Matt! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are informed on the products and process of going solar, and are also satisfied with their end result! We are happy to have met these standards for you. Congratulations on going solar and don't forget to use our Sun Badger app to spread the word!

Jun. 7th, 2021

Dave Klocke Hastings, MN

The best part of my experience was the one day install for my system. The system is up and running now and looks good. The people I worked with were all friendly and professional. Disappointments included a significant delay in install compared with promised and the need for a few return visits by electricians and power company to satisfy inspectors. The company indicates they have made some adjustments to improve these issues. I would rate between 3-4 stars where five stars would have been best price, accurate install date, and flawless install with all inspections passed the first go around.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback. You have a high quality system that will produce savings for you for years to come! We appreciate your patience through some of the delays, and we look forward to many sunny days ahead for you!

Apr. 16th, 2021

Brittany Kersting Delano, MN

Good customer service! I am really happy with the product and am overall happy

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for your review Brittany! We are always here if you have any questions going forward. Congratulations on going solar!

Alexander grandt Mundelein, IL

Quickly did the job and handled all the paperwork and follow ups

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

We are pleased to hear we met your expectations for going solar! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project. Don't forget to download our Sun Badger Solar app to monitor your system, be able to participate in the referral program, and more!

Keith Poulsen Lodi, WI

Great customer service, very responsive and was not an aggressive sales pitch.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and couldn't be happier to hear we met your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Brandi Copling Machesney Park, IL

Easy to work with, & great vendors! They are like a well oiled machine.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you Brandi for your feedback! Sun Badger works hard for our customers from start to end, and your review compliments that! Thank you for choosing Sun Badger to go solar with, and congratulations!

Michael Poepping Naperville, IL

They were very good to work with through the entire process.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review Michael! Don't forget to continue to spread the word of going solar with Sun Badger!

Kurt Stefan Menomonee Falls, WI

From start to finish my experience with Sun Badge Solar was overly positive. One of the first steps in the process is to meet with one of their solar energy consultants. I was worked with Dustin S who was incredibly knowledgeable and took the time to answer any and all questions. He did a fantastic job of laying out all of our options and showing us how solar could be beneficial for us. However, never during this process was I pressured into making any decisions. It was always a casual conversation with no pressure. The project schedule played out pretty true to what I was told to expect. I signed my contract with Sun Badger in early August 2020 and had my solar panels installed in early January with interconnection to the energy grid in mid-January 2021 (about 5.5 months start to finish). You constantly get updates and emails from the project team to make sure that you are aware of the latest progress. Installation went very smooth. It took the install team about 1.5 days to complete my project. It took them a bit longer than anticipated due to snow on my roof at the time of install. Yes - they are able to install the system year round and not damage your roof! Unfortunately, one of my panels was damaged in transit. The installers immediately brought this to my attention and put a plan together to ensure that a new panel was ordered and would get installed. They even identified that the caulk around the new electric meter needed to be redone. This was all identified by the install team and did not require me bringing these issues to their attention to have fixed. I appreciated the install team's attention to detail and professionalism. The Enphase app that you use for tracking and monitoring your solar system is very easy to use and informational. It's amazing to track your energy consumption and production. The only sad part is cloudy days, but you can't control the weather. I'm particularly impressed with Sun Badger's warranty. Both my solar panels and the labor are covered by the warranty should anything go wrong over the next 20 years. That's pretty impressive and shows you how confident they are in the product and their workmanship. Sun Badger even guaranteed that I would still receive my 26% tax incentive. The rate was scheduled to drop to 22% if the system wasn't connected to the electric grid by 12/31/20. Guaranteeing the 4% difference wasn't something they had to do. However, it shows you how much they value their clients and want to do right by them. I am extremely happy with my decision to install solar on my house. If you are even considering solar, I'd highly recommend reaching out to Sun Badger Solar for a consultation. You wont' regret it!

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure working with you, and your feedback is definitely appreciated!! If you have any questions about your system, we are here to help always! Congrats on going solar!

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Marc Ballbach Wayzata, MN

We had a really great experience with Sun Badger at every step of the process! We now have a full solar array on our home's roof.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Congratulations on going solar! We are happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to your system producing energy for your home for many decades to come!

Vadim K.

Best price, competent field workers and knowlegable saleman, The only issue is extremely protracted drawings/permit/approval process. Looks like they need to strengthen the office team.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review! Since your project, we have strengthened our team to ensure we are providing the best customer experience possible! We also have made changes to our project management software and added onboarding sessions for new customers. Our focus is on our customers and hope that your future referrals will see the difference as we continue to grow!

Joe Teunessen Chicago, IL

Overall, they did a great job installing 25 solar panels on our South facing roof. Some of the timeliness dealing with inspections, et al, could be a little frustrating but not the fault of the installer.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for sharing your experience! Your solar array looks beautiful and is producing right on track with what we predicted. We appreciate your understanding of the different parties that are involved in this process, and how delays may occur due to outside factors of Sun Badger. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Jason Atchison Milwaukee, WI

SunBadger was very helpful in walking me through the process of going solar. They didnt pressure me at all when it came time to deciding to move forward or not

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your review Jason! Sun Badger takes pride in ensuring our customers are satisfied with their solar project and we are so pleased that your experience is proof of that! Congratulations on going solar!

Peter Richardson Mount Prospect, IL

I am very happy with the system SunBadger designed and installed for me. I recommended them to 2 friends who also had systems installed. 3rd friend showed different panels in quote. They did not look as 3. Get multiple quotes and check the specs. Paperwork for sRECs was lost and delayed for a long time.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! The SREC process is known to be lengthy so delays are often from within that organization, which Sun Badger has no control over. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we appreciate the referrals! If you haven't already, please download our Sun Badger Solar app to start earning rewards for those referrals!

Kaleb Haugen Madison, WI

SunBadger offered great quality of materials and installation. Their price was competitive, and considering the high quality LG panels and Enphase inverters used the price to value is much better than competitors.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for the review Kaleb! We are here if you have any questions at all. Congratulations on going solar and we are so happy you chose us here at Sun Badger!

Ben Tolsky Wilmette, IL

SunBadger offered the best solution at the best price. They were friendly and very easy to work with. The entire installation process was very smooth.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thanks for your feedback Ben! It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 9th, 2021

ChicagoO Lockport, IL

My rating is reduced to the complex contract process. Before signing with SunBadger, ask for the contract with the utility company. The utility company is holding you responsible for the solar delivery, not SunBadger. I was extremely happy with Sunbadger, the design, and implementation.

Reply from Sun Badger Solar

Thank you for your feedback. During your solar project there are many different parties involved in getting this system installed and turned on for you. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with Sun Badger Solar! Our goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their solar project, and handling the communications with your utility is part of that. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns! Stay sunny!