Founded in 2017, Soleil Inc (also called Soleil Energy) is a residential and commercial solar installer. The solar company serves residents in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C., and offers estimated yearly utility bill savings up to $2,000 or more. Soleil Energy is well-versed in both federal- and state-level solar incentives to help customers save even more money on their solar installation project.
- Top-Level Solar Equipment
Top-Level Solar Equipment
Soleil Inc installs some of the most high-efficiency, high-durability solar panels in the industry. Its inventory includes solar cells from leading manufacturers like LG, Trina, Jinko, and Canadian Solar to name a few. Each of these manufacturers produce panels that boast up to 20 percent energy efficiency or greater, and manufacturer's warranties between 10 and 25 years.
- Unclear Financing, Warranty Terms
- No NABCEP Certification
- Limited to Availability
Unclear Financing, Warranty Terms
In order to be fully considered as being on the same level as leading solar providers, Soleil Energy needs to provide greater disclosure in the following areas:
- Financing options — while customers can infer the company provides direct purchase as a possible financing option, no information regarding other payment methods (such as solar loans, solar leases, or power purchase agreements or PPAs) can be found.
- Workmanship warranty — a workmanship warranty is usually applied to a solar panel system to protect the customer against damage or other errors caused during the solar installation process. These errors can inhibit system performance and solar production, and most solar companies apply a minimum 10-year workmanship warranty on their systems, while leading companies guarantee the system for up to 25 years.
- Energy storage options — Soleil Inc may or may not install system upgrades such as EV charging installations or batteries powered by solar energy. Both upgrades can significantly reduce energy bills and fossil fuel dependence.
No NABCEP Certification
Soleil Energy does not appear to hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), which authors some of the most widely regarded employee training programs in the solar industry. Companies with this designation set themselves apart as true experts in solar energy technology and have their work endorsed by one of the most respected organizations in the game.
If you're interested in solar power, but live outside of Maryland, New Jersey, or Washington, D.C., Soleil Inc is not right for you.
The Bottom Line
Although Soleil Inc possesses many of the qualities of a reputable solar company, some omissions on the company's part prevent us from fully recommending its services. Important data like available financing paths, system add-ons, and labor warranty terms would greatly inform homeowners in their decision to go solar with Soleil Energy.
Until then, solar customers are encouraged to read verified Soleil Energy reviews and compare them to reviews from leading solar companies before making a final decision.