Solar is Freedom

Solar Is Freedom boasts being Midwest's most trusted home solar installer.

Solar Is Freedom is a locally owned and operated company with offices in both Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; and Louisville, Kentucky. The company prides itself with having roots in these communities, and sincerely cares about the future of the homeowners it serves.

Solar Is Freedom strives to take all the nonsense out of the process and provides consumers with all the information upfront before any level of commitment is necessary. The company wants homeowners to be educated about solar and aims to help them understand the benefits of solar.

The Good

• Free Evaluation Survey
  • Multiple Financing Options
  • High-Quality Solar Inverters
  • NABCEP-Certified

Free Evaluation Survey

Solar Is Freedom offers homeowners a free, no-commitment solar evaluation.

A company representative will personally come to your house, provide you with all the necessary information about solar, and determine if your property can handle a solar system.

Multiple Financing Options

According to the company website, Solar Is Freedom offers several payment options. Homeowners may use cash, financing, or a blended model. If there are any questions, customers are encouraged to call and speak with someone on Solar Is Freedom’s finance team.

High-Quality Solar Inverters and Panels

Solar Is Freedom maintains high industry standards regarding its solar installations. The company implements solar inverters from both SolarEdge and Enphase, two industry leaders. Solar inverters are crucial to the success of your home's solar system because they translate the solar energy produced by the panels into usable electricity to power your home. Solar Is Freedom attaches extended in-house warranties on all solar equipment, including inverters.

Solar Is Freedom sources its solar panels from LG, a leading panel manufacturer, and features solar panels in 355, 360, and 365 watt sizes. All LG solar panels come with a 25-year manufacturer's equipment warranty.

NABCEP-Certified

Solar Is Freedom has received an accreditation from the North American Board of Certified Energy Providers. This certification sets Solar Is Freedom apart from other companies in terms of adhering to industry best practices.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Solar Is Freedom currently only offers its services in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.

The Cincinnati office services the greater Cincinnati region (including Southeast Indiana and Northern Kentucky), as well as surrounding counties in Ohio.

The Columbus location services the greater Columbus, Ohio region, including surrounding counties and Dayton.

Lastly, the Louisville location services the greater Louisville area, including Southeast Indiana. This particular location also services central and southern Kentucky (including Frankfort and Lexington).

Although Solar Is Freedom’s service area runs across three states, and the company mentions general areas that are serviced. It would be wise for homeowners to call and ask if their home is within the service area. We recommend making this phone call before filling out the online form.

The Bottom Line

Solar Is Freedom is dedicated to helping homeowners learn more about the benefits of solar and its website provides a decent amount of information. However, the site mainly provides general solar information that isn’t specifically related to the company and its services. While Solar Is Freedom may be a decent choice for those living within the service area, we recommend calling the company and asking about its warranties, payment options, service area, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar is Freedom below.

Message from
Solar is Freedom

Solar Is Freedom is every home and business owner's one-stop shop. This means everything from the first trip out to the last quality control inspection is done by Solar Is Freedom employees, in-house. Each solar purchaser becomes a member of the Solar Is Freedom family. This means when you sign up with us, you are assigned a dedicated account manager to answer all your questions and guide you through the process. This is the Solar Is Freedom difference. You can contact your Account Manager directly and will never have to wait on hold. Our warranty is in-house and 25 years long, both parts AND labor. This means that when something goes wrong, we fix it. No questions asked, no headache. We install the best because we know all of our product and finance partners have to reflect the unmatched quality and service that the Solar Is Freedom brand stands for. The Solar Is Freedom offices through the Midwest have more 5-star reviews on third-party websites than any other solar company in our home towns. We are not just counting our five years in business, but we have the most 5-star reviews than any other solar company in our area, period.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

5.0

bookmark

Featured Review

Trish gribbins Mansfield, OH

My rep was so patient and knowledgeable he was honest with all the questions I had (I had a Lot) friendly and understanding. This was a great opportunity for me to give back to my environment and have peace of mind in my senior years, it will add more value to my home, it was so easy to do everything was very simple. I’m impressed and it takes a little bit to impress me. My rep jalen J made me feel like I had a partner with Ltd if understanding and knowledge for his business, I feel proud to be a apart of solar is freedoms family. Thank you so much.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an excellent review! We are excited for you to take advantage of all the Customer Advocacy Program benefits! Ask Jaylen about the t-shirt give away!

Aug. 21st, 2020

bookmark

Featured Review

Kerry Ragland Cincinnati, OH

Solar Is Freedom has done an absolutely phenomenal job! The sales team, installers, and customer support were all super professional and blew us away with the responsiveness and workmanship. I have already recommended them to my parents and neighbors and would highly recommend working with them. They also have opportunities to stay involved with the solar community and came back out to make sure everything we were promised we got. A fantastic company with integrity, that does what they say they are going to do. Already seeing savings after our first bill!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thanks for the awesome review! Reach out to your SIF Account Manager with homeowners interested in a solar property evaluation and earn cash back!

Alicia Mitchell Springfield, OH

Purchase solar panels from my home this summer and I am very pleased with them. I no longer have an electricity bill. I do have to pay for the panels, but that is $50 less than what I would normally pay per month. Having solar panel saves me $600 a year. But that’s not why I chose to do it. It’s the direction we all need to be following to save our planet. My Sales associate, Adam, was was very responsive and helpful in the whole process. He had all the answers and always responds in a timely manner. The technicians who installed the panels were extremely knowledgeable about what they were doing. Only thing bad about this whole experience is the meter readers for the electric company aren’t so nice. Lol.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Excellent feedback! Sounds like Adam and the installation team did a great job. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

May. 5th, 2021

Ervin Xenia, OH

Everything is great except for their installation team does not communicate well with me as the client. The sales person says one thing and the installation team does another without contacting us.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Hey Ervin, thanks for the feedback! I'm sure your account manager would like to hear more about that and ways that we can improve that communication moving forward. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

May. 4th, 2021

Dan Passidomo Springboro, OH

Knowledgeable, friendly, professional. My sales representative answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable making the decision to go forward with Solar Is Freedom

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thanks for the feedback, Dan! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

May. 3rd, 2021

James Kirkbride Columbus, OH

The installers we're efficient and polite, and the account manager explained everything clearly. Beyond that the account manager advised me about switching energy providers, resulting in a rate less than half of what I was paying. Coupling that with the solar generation and my electric bill is now 22% of what it used to be!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear about your savings! Welcome to the Solar Community!

Keith Evansville, IN

We had a great experience! Adam, our rep, was always polite and friendly and answered all of our questions. The workers who did the actual install were also very polite and friendly. The worked hard the entire time they were here, which was just over a day, and did a great job of cleaning up. And of course the best news is the electricity we are saving. In the first full month we used 86% less electricity than the year before!! All in all, we give them TWO BIG THUMBS UP! We definitely recommend them!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great job Adam! Welcome to the solar community Keith!

Apr. 29th, 2021

Kent Andrews Fishers, IN

I shopped pretty hard for Solar companies, did a lot of research and was pitched quite a few times. I knew Solar is Freedom was highly recommended, but I’m a skeptic at heart. We installed in August of 2020, so I wanted to wait 6mos to get a feel for my decision before rating. My experience has been 5 stars all the way around. Don’t be fooled by unrealistic designs for solar from companies focused on the $$$$. The design presented by Greg and Patrick was explained thoroughly and I was well educated on the solution. Installation was done right the first time and was exactly as designed visually and functionally. Who better to install than a Solar company with a roofing division. Let’s talk service. Don’t forget the 25yr warranty and relationship you are now involved in with your home. I can get someone on the phone very quick. Cliff with Solar is Freedom has been here to my home (2hrs away) in Fishers, IN from Cincinnati. He answers his phone for my questions and has been great through the installation of consumption monitoring and net metering. Top notch team, highly recommend!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We look forward to that 25 year relationship! Thank you for spreading the word and helping us democratize energy! This is great feedback, welcome to the solar community!

Mar. 18th, 2021

Brandon Beard Louisville, KY

I had a great experience with Solar is Freedom. They where prompt and courteous during installation. I am pleased with the savings on my utility bill. They have been supportive every step of the way. I am very pleased.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Outstanding feedback! Welcome to the Solar Community!

Kristin Gates Fairfield, OH

This was a great experience and I just received my first bill after installation. Great savings and no hassle to have them installed. Solar is freedom handles everything paperwork wise to get the net metering set up with Duke. This is worth every penny spent.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Phenomenal feedback! Welcome to the Solar Community!

Bill Teders Ostrander, OH

From day one, I believe I was receiving an honest and zero pressure representation of what the goal was for purchasing a solar system designed for our home. Communications between the sales representative and his management was very open and professional. I was always able to reach someone for my particular questions. The install team was very professional and respectful to me and my property. Over all, very impressed with this company.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback! We love hearing about how well the installation went, welcome to the solar community!

Mar. 29th, 2021

Kelly Teynor Bucyrus, OH

We worked with Sonny and he is wonderful. He is professional, honest and very prompt. He answered every question we had honestly. Unfortunately for us we are not able to make this work do to our electric company having some ridiculous fees. If in the future things change we will definitely be calling Sonny or Solar is Freedom. Great company to work with.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Dave Nappanee, IN

From start to finish I was very impressed with Solar is Freedom. From sales to service, they were all very knowledgeable and could answer all my questions as we moved thru the process. Installation was a breeze. In a mere day and a half, my solar panels were installed up and running beautifully. The installation crew was very professional and did their best to educate me as to how the system worked and what to expect from it. Overall, I would highly recommend Solar is Freedom to anyone looking to reduce energy costs while reducing emissions.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback Dave! We appreciate your continued support in our mission to democratize energy! Welcome to the solar community!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Michael Prather Georgetown, KY

Very professional from sales to install. Answered any questions that I had before and after contract.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Awesome to hear! Welcome to the solar community!

Apr. 19th, 2021

Jason Cross Louisville, KY

We've had a great experience with Solar is Freedom. Our rep, Shelby, has been very knowledgeable and responsive to all of our questions (and there were a lot as we learned the details of solar, how we save and installation). She didn't pressure us with a "sales pitch" but provided as much data as we requested in order to make an informed decision. In addition to Shelby, everyone we've dealt with at SiF has been nothing but professional and polite. Due to the crazy weather, our install has been moved back but the SiF team has kept us in the loop the entire time.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Awesome to hear, Jason! Shelby always does a great job! The weather has caused some significant delays this year, but our project team can handle anything. Welcome to the solar community!

Paul E Denny Indianapolis, IN

We had the Solar is Freedom system installed in mid- February and at the end of April we had 2x as much electricity produced and returned as we had used from the utility company during the nighttime and on cloudy days. The installation, service, and results are amazing. A big thank you to the installers, and the Solar is Freedom team. A special thanks to Shelby who made it all come together!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great job Shelby! Awesome to see! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

May. 3rd, 2021

Matthew Neal ,

Solar is Freedom did my Solar installation in early 2021, My account manager Chris S is the best. He helped me build a solution specific to my needs and is always very responsive to any questions, The installers were super professional and took great care with my property. The panels look amazing, The customer service from Solar is Freedom has been incredible.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback! Chris always does a great job. Welcome to the Solar Community!

Feb. 11th, 2021

Rob Barnett ,

Solar Is Freedom installed my system the last quarter of 2020 and I am very pleased with the results. My account manger Jennifer made this process simple, easy, and stress free. Since I work with contractors daily, I come across numerous companies that do not communicate well nor care about the customer. This was not the case with Solar Is Freedom. Jennifer made it a point to touch base with me weekly giving updates and progress reports. The system also comes with an App that can be easily downloaded to track power so that you can watch your savings grow. I highly recommend contacting them and getting on the books for your install in 2021.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback, Rob! Welcome to the solar community!

Jan. 25th, 2021

Michael Samples Lexington, KY

The best part about our experience with Solar is Freedom was the care and attention we received from our sales rep Shelby. She was available 24 seven and responded promptly with any issue or question we had.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear! Unbelievable job Shelby! Welcome to the solar community!

Apr. 7th, 2021

Rick Graman London, KY

All the people at Solar is Freedom that we dealt with - from our salesperson to the installers - where very professional, knowledgeable, and willing to take time to answer all my questions. I highly recommend this company!!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear! Our mission is to democratize energy. We want every property owner to have the same experience you had! Welcome to the solar community!

Mar. 27th, 2021

Joseph Spitzig ,

The purchase and install process went smoothly. Waiting for the install was the hard part because we were so eager to have it done. Now that it it installed and running, we're happy to see a high level of energy independence.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thank you for the feedback! Our services are in demand more than every right now, you signed up at a great time! Welcome to the solar community!

Rodney Shaffer Florence, KY

We have been so glad that we selected Solar is Freedom for our Solar Installation. After much research & talking to multiple companies, we went with Solar is Freedom. Our Rep Adam was great! Even though they were not the cheapest option, they did everything they said they would. My research on the panels reinforced that they were using higher quality products and not cutting corners. The install crew did an amazing job & answered all questions that I had during the install. I look forward to years of generating our own clean energy to help the environment while saving on our electric bills. I would gladly recommend anyone seeking to solar to reach out to Solar is Freedom for their install.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear! Adam always does a fantastic job. This is such great feedback, expressing the value Solar Is Freedom brings! Welcome to the solar community!

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Shonna Paczosa Louisville, KY

My husband was very interested in obtaining solar for our house in Louisville. I was very hesitant given the arrangements/permits/pricing that comes along with solar. Shelby helped ease us through the process. The initial call does seem scripted but it it to get to know you, your family and your wants and needs. The presentation was through zoom. Once we committed Shelby took care of our homeowners paperwork, zoning, electric company documents and stayed in contact with us the entire way. The guys who placed the panels and wiring were extremely respectful and helpful. Would absolutely recommend this company and Shelby to anyone who will listen.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback! We will pass that along to Shelby, she does a fantastic job! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Greg Christensen ,

I know we all have been skeptical of solar integration into our houses. We made the leap earlier this year and can say the following: -Our previous electric bill was ~$142 during AC months -It was now ~$23 (October) which is simply the standard charges from duke with minimal energy -I am excited to see a credit in electric during the wonder months as we have gas heat. -our FIXED solar monthly bill is $122 which is NOT subject to escalation from duke. Our same duke energy bill would be $165 in five years (based on 3% escalation). The savings will only go up as we live in our home. - solar systems are warranted for 25 years and after 20 years our loan will be paid off. They guarantee 80% panel efficiency at 25 years. - it was a hard decision but I believe it is the right move That being said we took advantage of the current 2020 26% tax credit and it goes down to 22% in 2021 and in 2022 there is no tax credit. After having some personal data, I do recommend solar. There is 0$ in seeing if your home is even a good fit for Solar and I know and trust Jordan with Freedom is Solar.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Wow this is absolutely incredible feedback! A perfect case study on how solar works! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Phil

We’ve had a great experience with Solar is Freedom! Our sales specialist, Chris Simmons, was very friendly, super responsive, and explained each and every detail of the installation process. We produced nearly 2x more electricity than we used for the month of June! That was with a good mix of sun and clouds. Even on mainly cloudy days, we are producing about as much electricity as we typically use in a 24 hour period. The great reviews, friendly sales staff, and impressive parts and labor warranty are why we chose Solar is Freedom out of Columbus. Very pleased thus far!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an awesome review! Make sure Chris helps you get into the Customer Advocacy Program! We have t-shirt give away coming up!

Aug. 11th, 2020

Tina McClintock

They were able to get my system up and going fast. Installed over a year ago. Greg L has checked in periodically to make sure my system is meeting my expectations and so far it has exceeded them! Everything that was presented to me about the company, their responsiveness, and my system have shown true and I have yet to owe anything to Duke in over a year!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an excellent review! Greg Leksan does a great job!

Aug. 12th, 2020

Alex Tomes Cincinnati, OH

I felt like we have been friends for a long time upon first speaking with solar is freedom. Excellent customer service. Polite,friendly, caring. Can’t say enough good things about company! Keep up the good work!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Awesome feedback, Alex! Welcome to the solar community!

Chris Spurgeon Evansville, IN

Ultimately, we received an efficient solar system at a very competitive price. Adam, our sales representative was informative and responsive. We had some issues with installation that delayed production for a while, but they provided reasonable reimbursement until the issue was resolved.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thank you for the feedback, Chris! Welcome to the solar community!

Mamma Mia Crittenden, KY

This company was easy to work with on getting the solar panels. Everything that they have promised has happened. The crew that installed the panels was extremely professional and completed the project in 2 days.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thanks for the excellent feedback! Welcome to the Solar Community!

Feb. 22nd, 2021

Wendy Figgins Marysville, OH

This company has been the most responsive of all the companies we have spoken with. Jennifer, our representative, has always been prompt and knowledgeable. She worked well and around the clock for any questions we presented during or after the virtual conversations we shared.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear! Jennifer always does a great job!

Jan. 29th, 2021

Brian Long Indianapolis, IN

The thing I like the least about solar is freedom is it took them a while to get started the thing I like the most is when they got started they did an awesome job fast courteous friendly they knocked it out and it's working great Shelby key my contact person and she is awesome

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great job Shelby! Thanks for the awesome feedback Brian. Welcome to the solar community!

Jan. 14th, 2021

Mark Louisville, KY

The Experience Was great. The sales man was on top of his game and freindly. If we had any questions he took the time to explain them. Its like talking to a friend.I wish more companys were like this. The install was smoth and the installers were perfessional. I have no complaints.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear! We are very excited to welcome you to the solar community!

Jan. 14th, 2021

Richard Draher Delaware, OH

All went great with every step of the process

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Love to hear it! Thanks for the positive feedback and welcome to the solar community!

Apr. 19th, 2021

Alison Hilliard, OH

Couldn’t be more pleased. Excellent sales presentation answered all my questions. Installation occurred on time with minimal disruption. The installation looks gr8 and has performed as promised. The system was sized appropriately so I’m getting the biggest ROI possible. I’ve had one technical issue which was addressed and resolved promptly. Warranty covers the life of the system and is transferrable. Gr8 company to work with.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear this awesome feedback! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Dec. 16th, 2020

Dave Smith Cincinnati, OH

Solar is Freedom was excellent to work with and I highly recommend them if you are considering going solar! The sales rep and installation crew were professional and gave knowledgeable and honest answers my many questions. My solar panels with battery backup system were installed in September 2020 (about three months ago) and we have seen the expected solar system production and cost savings on our monthly energy bills. Overall, I am extremely satisfied.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

This is fantastic feedback! We are so glad to hear everything went well. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Libertarian Lt ,

We shopped 5-6 different solar companies to get a system on our home. Solar is Freedom had the by far best customer service and salesman. Alex H as great. Everything from the initial conversation to the company, process and product overview to the install and setup was amazing. He really worked hard to get us the right loan and system for our home. The install was completed in about 1-1/2 days. I would highly recommend Solar is Freedom.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

This is excellent feedback! We would like to follow up further, can you share with us the best email to contact you on?

Dec. 14th, 2020

Carla Hack West Chester, OH

I am highly satisfied with my experience with Solar is Freedom. They were so professional, installation was seamless and the solar panels are saving me so much money on my electric bill each month! My bill is easily cut in half. I tell everyone I know that they should get in contact with Solar is Freedom and start saving money today! I highly recommend ithem!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Awesome feedback! We are so happy you had an excellent experience! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Deana Schuler Naperville, IL

My husband and I had our solar panels put on a few months ago. We had to have them put on the front of the house because of how it faces. No one hardly notices them until we point them out. The people who put them on were very professional and friendly and did a great job. Our electric bill has dropped almost $75 a month! We love them and would recommend them to everyone for a cost saver and for helping the environment.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Awesome feedback! We love to hear about savings! We will pass along the message to the installation team! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

David j Maguire Westerville, OH

I researched six solar companies and finally selected Solar is Freedom due to their price, technical knowledge, and helpful approach. The project leader, Brian B, did a fantastic job from start to finish and made it all an easy process. They organized everything – getting the HOA approval, getting the City of Westerville permits and net metering, and final approvals. The installation was completed in less than 6 hours. (29 panels) Look forward to man years of energy savings. I would highly recommend Solar is Freedom.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What a phenomenal job Brian! No better praise than selecting us over 5 other solar installers! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Jeff Key Indianapolis, IN

Solar is Freedom was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I had a system before that was badly misrepresented and I was very skeptical about getting another system installed. I was very upfront about this with my rep, Shelby. She answered all of my questions and I couldn’t be happier. I wound up buying 126 panels to offset bill by 100%. If you are looking at other companies know that Solar if Freedom does what they say!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Excellent to hear! Shelby always does a phenomenal job. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Brian Elligson Winchester, KY

The SIF installers did a great job and the system looks very professional. I enjoyed chatting with the team and learning about how the system works. Our salesman, Clay, was awesome. He did a wonderful job of walking us through the product, the process and finalization. We have enjoyed working with him through the hiccups and are very impressed with his professionalism and attention to detail. We count him a friend and found it easy to explain the benefits of solar to our friends and neighbors.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Clay always does a fantastic job! Thanks for all the excellent feedback! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Robert Slonaker Newark, OH

All work was done professionally and "Solar Is Freedom" worked with me to find ways to reduce the cost of the installation. After installation, there was a minor problem with turning on the solar array. They were quick to respond and work with me to resolve the issue. The output has been in line (by the daily computer monitoring webpage) with the original estimates of KW production. The electric utility bill has already been reduced by more than 50%. Below is the control panel that is mounted on the side of the barn.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

This is a fantastic review! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

William Kone Louisville, KY

They were great. They walked us through the process and answered all our questions. They were very clear on the Pros and Cons of a solar system. We were very happy with them. The install team was outstanding. They showed up and went right to work. They did not take very long and the whole team stayed till it was done. They did a great job of clean up also. Very friendly and nice.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We typically accomplish the installation in just one day! Thank you for the excellent feedback and welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Joshua Torpey Norcross, GA

From the first call the experienced and helpful staff guided us through the process taking time to answer all of our questions. We never felt pressured to commit to anything. They kept us up to date through the entire process and were always easy to get ahold of if we had any further questions. I can't recommend this company highly enough! Andrew was super helpful. Solar is freedom really came through for us!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Andrew always does an excellent job! Thanks for the fantastic feedback. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Kathy Mann Cincinnati, OH

We were very sceptical about solar and it seemed there were horrible stories. We decided to give Solar Is Freedom a chance. It has saved us alot of money on our electric bill and as soon as we have our panels paid off we will save even more! The customer service is the best. They help the transition with AEP....seemed AEP isn't happy with customers going solar. I highly recommend!!!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the continued support and it is so important to share that kind of feedback! We strive to create an outstanding customer experience every time. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Brian Oberg Elizabethtown, KY

Outstanding company to work with. Our representative (Clay K - Louisville) was proactive, informative, and friendly to work with. They provided an in-depth analysis of our electric use, as well were able to incorporate an external generator to our project to help make our home completely supported with power during any incident. Highly recommend using them for your solar needs.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Clay does an excellent job! So glad to hear everything went well! We are happy to welcome you to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Dec. 4th, 2020

Nathan Bellows Louisville, KY

Adam H with Solar is Freedom offers wonderful and informative service! They have quality equipment, they took care of the permitting, and it was a smooth installation! They come highly recommended by me and I bring it up in conversation quite often!

Adam Cincinnati, OH

I worked with Hugh Schmelzer and from the initial consultation to the final project was all amazing. There was no surprises or hidden cost every single team member was friendly and respectful of my house AND my time. They are local and quality of large company. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!!!!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thanks for the awesome review! Reach out to Hugh with homeowners interested in a solar property evaluation and earn cash back!

John Fisher Georgetown, KY

The best part of Solar is Freedom is the upper management team. When issues arose, they responded personally to ensure that the issues were being addressed or fixed. We had a major hurdle with HOA, which I am fairly certain was really one 'vocal' person in the neighborhood. We got the approval for panels for one side of the house. This was a win because solar panels are not allowed as called out in the deed of restrictions for the neighborhood. After the first set of panels went up, we received a kickback from the HOA (neighbor) to move them to a different part of the house. Then, during the second visit from Solar is Freedom to move the panels, the company was contacted directly to NOT do anything. We were not contacted initially by the HOA (or the mystery neighbor). Finally, things were agreed upon and after the third trip to our home, the panels were installed. The situation written above shows the dedication that Solar is Freedom has with its customers and to solar. Each trip out is ~2.5 hours for them and the panel installers made three and the electricians made two. Being the first house in a neighborhood that frowns on solar panels is ... was a tough road. But with Solar is Freedmon's patience and help, maybe we opened the door for others to take advantage of solar energy. Things to know when getting started and if you have an HOA: 1 - Check the deed of restrictions. 2 - Call the HOA committee and get everything approved (in writing for a paper trail). Another note of worthiness is the competency and friendliness of the solar panel installers and electricians. They did amazing jobs and were very friendly to me and my family (my children wanted to watch them work). They also gave us details of how things work for our better understanding. They are all good crews.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Absolutely phenomenal feedback! We appreciate the vote of confidence, and hope to install many more arrays in your neighborhood!

Nov. 9th, 2020

Laura Hawthorn Dayton, OH

Overall a great experience with Solar is Freedom. There were a few delays with the install due mostly to Covid and weather, but they paid our electric bills until the install was complete! Also got a perk for providing references of friends who also might want to take advantage of the great opportunity to install Solar at this time. From beginning to end, EVERY person we interacted with was very professional, did great work with the ground work and install (ground mounted system) including electrical etc. Sales pitch was data driven. Turn key operation and it looks great! Highly recommend Solar is Freedom!!!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

This is excellent to hear! Be sure to reach out to your Account Manager about the Customer Advocacy Program!

Oct. 29th, 2020