Best Company Guarantee Solar is Freedom Logo

Solar is Freedom

7.5

LAST UPDATED: September 23rd, 2022

Solar Is Freedom boasts being Midwest's most trusted home solar installer.

Solar Is Freedom is a locally owned and operated company with offices in both Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; and Louisville, Kentucky. The company prides itself with having roots in these communities, and sincerely cares about the future of the homeowners it serves.

Solar Is Freedom strives to take all the nonsense out of the process and provides consumers with all the information upfront before any level of commitment is necessary. The company wants homeowners to be educated about solar and aims to help them understand the benefits of solar.

Video Customer Reviews

Aaron Isaacs Customer Review Video About Solar is Freedom

Aaron Isaacs

Gracie Taylor Customer Review Video About Solar is Freedom

Gracie Taylor

Paul E Denny Customer Review Video About Solar is Freedom

Paul E Denny

The Good

• Free Evaluation Survey
  • Multiple Financing Options
  • High-Quality Solar Inverters
  • NABCEP-Certified

Free Evaluation Survey

Solar Is Freedom offers homeowners a free, no-commitment solar evaluation.

A company representative will personally come to your house, provide you with all the necessary information about solar, and determine if your property can handle a solar system.

Multiple Financing Options

According to the company website, Solar Is Freedom offers several payment options. Homeowners may use cash, financing, or a blended model. If there are any questions, customers are encouraged to call and speak with someone on Solar Is Freedom’s finance team.

High-Quality Solar Inverters and Panels

Solar Is Freedom maintains high industry standards regarding its solar installations. The company implements solar inverters from both SolarEdge and Enphase, two industry leaders. Solar inverters are crucial to the success of your home's solar system because they translate the solar energy produced by the panels into usable electricity to power your home. Solar Is Freedom attaches extended in-house warranties on all solar equipment, including inverters.

Solar Is Freedom sources its solar panels from LG, a leading panel manufacturer, and features solar panels in 355, 360, and 365 watt sizes. All LG solar panels come with a 25-year manufacturer's equipment warranty.

NABCEP-Certified

Solar Is Freedom has received an accreditation from the North American Board of Certified Energy Providers. This certification sets Solar Is Freedom apart from other companies in terms of adhering to industry best practices.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Solar Is Freedom currently only offers its services in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and South Carolina.

The Cincinnati office services the greater Cincinnati region (including Southeast Indiana and Northern Kentucky), as well as surrounding counties in Ohio. The Columbus location services the greater Columbus, Ohio region, including surrounding counties and Dayton.

The Louisville location services the greater Louisville area, including Southeast Indiana. This particular location also services central and southern Kentucky (including Frankfort and Lexington).

Although Solar Is Freedom’s service area runs across four states, and the company mentions general areas that are serviced. It would be wise for homeowners to call and ask if their home is within the service area. We recommend making this phone call before filling out the online form.

The Bottom Line

Solar Is Freedom is dedicated to helping homeowners learn more about the benefits of solar and its website provides a decent amount of information. However, the site mainly provides general solar information that isn’t specifically related to the company and its services. While Solar Is Freedom may be a decent choice for those living within the service area, we recommend calling the company and asking about its warranties, payment options, service area, and more.

Message from
Solar is Freedom

Solar Is Freedom is every home and business owner's one-stop shop. This means everything from the first trip out to the last quality control inspection is done by Solar Is Freedom employees, in-house. Each solar purchaser becomes a member of the Solar Is Freedom family. This means when you sign up with us, you are assigned a dedicated account manager to answer all your questions and guide you through the process. This is the Solar Is Freedom difference. You can contact your Account Manager directly and will never have to wait on hold. Our warranty is in-house and 25 years long, both parts AND labor. This means that when something goes wrong, we fix it. No questions asked, no headache. We install the best because we know all of our product and finance partners have to reflect the unmatched quality and service that the Solar Is Freedom brand stands for.

The Solar Is Freedom offices through the Midwest have more 5-star reviews on third-party websites than any other solar company in our home towns. We are not just counting our five years in business, but we have the most 5-star reviews than any other solar company in our area, period.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Trish gribbins Mansfield, OH

My rep was so patient and knowledgeable he was honest with all the questions I had (I had a Lot) friendly and understanding. This was a great opportunity for me to give back to my environment and have peace of mind in my senior years, it will add more value to my home, it was so easy to do everything was very simple. I’m impressed and it takes a little bit to impress me. My rep jalen J made me feel like I had a partner with Ltd if understanding and knowledge for his business, I feel proud to be a apart of solar is freedoms family. Thank you so much.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an excellent review! We are excited for you to take advantage of all the Customer Advocacy Program benefits! Ask Jaylen about the t-shirt give away!

Aug. 21st, 2020

bookmark

Featured Review

Kerry Ragland Cincinnati, OH

Solar Is Freedom has done an absolutely phenomenal job! The sales team, installers, and customer support were all super professional and blew us away with the responsiveness and workmanship. I have already recommended them to my parents and neighbors and would highly recommend working with them. They also have opportunities to stay involved with the solar community and came back out to make sure everything we were promised we got. A fantastic company with integrity, that does what they say they are going to do. Already seeing savings after our first bill!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thanks for the awesome review! Reach out to your SIF Account Manager with homeowners interested in a solar property evaluation and earn cash back!

Jordan Buford Trenton, OH

Solar is Freedom made the whole process super easy. They explained everything from start to finish and even got the job done a month earlier than they had promised. I didn't have to pay anything upfront and got a great loan with a payment of 50 some dollars lower than my average monthly electric bill. My first month in and I'm already producing more power than I'm using. Solar is freedom is an honest company with great customer service. I highly recommend you give them a call.

Tony Stilger La Grange, KY

rachel firkins Avon, IN

If it was possible to give negative start I would. Panels installed less than two years ago, a part is already bad, and I’ve been trying to get it fixed since July 2022 and it’s now Sept 2022. Find a different company to install your system.

James A Stilger pendleton kentucky

game stilgar. I got involved with solar when my electric bill for january came in in february. And I said, oh wow, it's doubled in price this year and it's never gone up that much at all. Even up a little bit in february. And so I went through the internet search and look for solar companies. Well if you do that, you're gonna find that there's a whole lot of solar companies out there, a lot of them are just call them marketing firms. If they just market the product, they don't really know what's going on. But if you get these slick salesman and I, I knew enough from after about five or six of these guys that I didn't want to deal with them and they were overcharging by like $20, each for their product and basically the same product I have right now. And so I said, all right, well I'm gonna start to see if anybody does it local. And so I looked online, I found two companies here in Kentucky that does it. One who was solar is freedom and I forgot the other one's name. Uh, I talked with the gentleman there named Adam and it sold his freedom and he was very helpful. We actually explained the whole process. He didn't just say, hey, you need to buy this. And because I, at first I wanted to get a battery backup system and he didn't, he's like, no, no, no, you need to think about that. We're still researching on how to make battery backups. He said, We're thinking two or three years and then you can get the battery backup. But right now that would be about a $15,000 expense that you're probably gonna want to replace and you know, the last 10 years anyway. And it's not like, oh yeah, you're right. I never thought about that. So we explained all my question, answered all my questions, explained it in detail. Show me how the whole process worked. Set everything up. and within 45 minutes of after us talked to him a couple of months, he had it all written up and if he had done and it was just an easy stream smooth process. I didn't have any issues at all. He just took care of everything and we just went through this whole process. Like it was nothing. I'm like, I mean, he took care of everything. I was very happy, very happy with the whole way. It all turned out we haven't installed, it's running um it's that hasn't been any issues. All right. He's stayed on top of everything the whole way through this. So like I said, when I was, I'm happy, I found sober as freedom because they're there uh, product was the most reasonable price for the quality of the work for what they were going to do. And plus you got a 25 year of warranty. We've covered everything. If there's any type of problem with it, They fix it. You know, that's covered by then. You don't have to worry about this for 25 years. Like oh that's the best deal and they're not some internet company that's way out in California that's gonna never see them again. You know they're hearing, I think they're out of Cincinnati someplace I like. So I was so glad I found that company because I was serious about getting it. But I was very depressed about what I was gonna get cause a lot of these companies were like $30,000 morning but I paid for soldiers for them. So Like I said, I looked at like seven or 8 companies and I talked to lots of people. I was like this is just horrible. I have to get up and put it on there myself which I didn't have any idea what I would be doing, but I obviously glad I did that. So I'm very happy with what solar is freedom has done

kelly Louisville, KY

I was told, no guaranteed that my solar payments would replace my monthly LG&E bills every month. Nope. The panels weren't turned on and it wasn't caught until 2 months after installation-2 months of sunlight wasted. Everytime I call my rep I get a, "let me find out what's going on and I'll call you back". I'm still waiting for those calls. I'm paying double what I did before I signed up for this. The ease of getting the panels installed was 5 star. The aftermath is a 0 star. I'm regretting my decision. I have a sinking feeling the rebate I was told I would get for installing these won't happen either.

Russel Justice Columbus, OH

Update: Aug 12, 2022. Still no contact from company and still paying for my non working panels and my full electricity bill and not banking any power. System is less than 1 year old. This is not how a reputable company operates. Be warned. Update: There has been no further communication and my panels are still broke. Please do your research through the reviews before making any final decision on using this company. Also, I think they changed my Doesn't Recommend to Recommend after they reached out to me...which I dont. Update: Customer Service has reached out and told me they should get to my system within two weeks and that the delayed issues are due to company growth and trying to select the correct partner companies for monitoring, etc. I have been happy with their choice of partners in the past, hopefully they will get back on track. I'm now waiting to see if they how my repair goes and what if any assistance I will get since my system has been down for so long and I've banked no credit with my energy provider. Update: At this point I would caution anyone on using this company. If you have any faults with your system, getting through customer service is a nightmare and it's been 2 months now with no service. My panels no longer work and I'm paying for them and my full electricity bill...not the savings they promised me...now a huge out of pocket cost I wasn't expecting...and at a time when gas and all other bills are higher. Solar is not Freedom now...its a weight dragging me and my finances through hell. The install process went ok; however, they said they would monitor the system. It was completely down for over a week when I noticed and it's been a month or more since I told them and I have gotten little assistance and no estimated time to get it fixed. I'm starting to get worried that anything past installing the system is going to be a huge headache. I definitely would not use a company that I have to rely on for 20 years if I knew they drop their customer service in the maintenance phase.

Josh Christian Lexington, KY

Wonderful experience with Solar is Freedom and can not recommended them enough. My man Adam T is top notch and still keeps in touch with any question I have. No brainer going solar with the prices of energy sky rocketing and Solar is Freedom will look after you like family.

Spartan45 Chicago, IL

Bradon was my rep, great guy. The whole process was smooth as it could be. My system looks great and everyone has complemented it. The whole team really kicked butt. I’d definitely feel confident in recommending them to anyone going solar.

David Hairston Ashburn, VA

Last Wednesday Solar is Freedom completed the installation of my solar panels. Working with this company has been great from start to finish. Patrick O is a no pressure salesperson that was with me through the entire process. In fact, when I closed the deal in January, he said I would be installed by March. In the mean time after Closing the deal in January I had many questions and he took the time to answer everyone of them. I was further impressed with Jacob and the "A" team. They installed my panels over a 3 day period. They arrived on time explained what they were going to do each day and did it. Once they cometed the goal for the day. They cleaned up, packed up, and returned the next. This e tire process has been very professional. In fact, it has been such a great process, my decided to go Solar as well. Patrick is also working with him. In closing, I have literally interviewed 11 companies over the past year. Solar is Freedom stand out from the other companies because I knew someone that purchased from them and they were happy. They are base I Ohio. They don't use sub contractors and they use top of the line equipment. Solar is Freedom is the way to go! Thank you Patrick, Jacob and the "A" team for this awesome experience.

Happy Camper Mooresville Indiana Martinsville, IN

Good customer experience seems to be a rare commodity in this day and age. Exceptional customer service almost unheard of. My experience with SIF has been exceptional at all stages of the the process. It started with Kyle, our account manager and first point of contact who provided answers to all our questions promptly and responded quickly if anything needed follow up. There was never pressure to commit to anything, all decisions were left to us. The installation team started at 9:00 am, one installer, Jeremy who was fantastic, and the electricians, Ryan and Scott equally so. They completed the entire install by 1:00 pm, with not one scrap of paper or debris left behind. The system was tested, working well and shut down as we wait for the Net Meter to be installed next Monday. I could not be more satisfied with the entire experience and look forward to a long relationship with Kyle and SIF. We have batteries on order as as soon as the supply catches up, will have it installed.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We love it when customers have such a great experience with us! Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We express much gratitude for these kind words and recognize all the people you mention in your review internally. Thanks again!!

Phil

We’ve had a great experience with Solar is Freedom! Our sales specialist, Chris Simmons, was very friendly, super responsive, and explained each and every detail of the installation process. We produced nearly 2x more electricity than we used for the month of June! That was with a good mix of sun and clouds. Even on mainly cloudy days, we are producing about as much electricity as we typically use in a 24 hour period. The great reviews, friendly sales staff, and impressive parts and labor warranty are why we chose Solar is Freedom out of Columbus. Very pleased thus far!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an awesome review! Make sure Chris helps you get into the Customer Advocacy Program! We have t-shirt give away coming up!

Tina McClintock

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an excellent review! Greg Leksan does a great job!

Aug. 12th, 2020

Cathy Ross Fairfax Station, VA

Looked into solar panels in early July and we set up an agreement with solar freedom now several months later and no install and no one returning phone calls or emails and yet I am suppose to pay for something that isn’t installed! Not happy at all with this!

Jerry Cantrell Louisville, KY

Jaylon J the representative I worked with was outstanding. He explained their Solar System products honestly and thoroughly. There was no hard sell and he did everything he promised to do. If you’re interested in learning about solar I highly recommend Solar is Freedom!!

Richard Fairfield, OH

Our Salesperson, Adam T, was very professional and fully explained the entire process, including installation, operation, agreement with Duke Energy, etc. The installers were also very professional, arrived in a timely manner, and did an excellent job of installing the solar panels and the connection boxes on the outside of the house. We are enjoying a significant reduction in our Duke Energy bills thanks to the solar panels, even throughout the winter months.

Emily Layton Newark, OH

We are currently a customer is Solar is Freedom. Going solar is not something we did our homework in.. we were just curious. Jeff W did a fantastic job of explaining everything to my husband and I. What sold us is that the cost of electricity will more than likely go up (inflation alone); whereas, we will have a fixed payment with our solar loan. Great financing options were provided to us too. Additionally, I loved to learn that they use Tier 1 LG panels. If we were going to do it, I wanted to do it right! Their reputation made them an obvious choice. Kuddos for an easy to read app too.

James Kirkbride Columbus, OH

The installers we're efficient and polite, and the account manager explained everything clearly. Beyond that the account manager advised me about switching energy providers, resulting in a rate less than half of what I was paying. Coupling that with the solar generation and my electric bill is now 22% of what it used to be!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear about your savings! Welcome to the Solar Community!

Apr. 26th, 2021

Nathan Bellows Louisville, KY

Adam H with Solar is Freedom offers wonderful and informative service! They have quality equipment, they took care of the permitting, and it was a smooth installation! They come highly recommended by me and I bring it up in conversation quite often!

Adam Cincinnati, OH

I worked with Hugh Schmelzer and from the initial consultation to the final project was all amazing. There was no surprises or hidden cost every single team member was friendly and respectful of my house AND my time. They are local and quality of large company. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!!!!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thanks for the awesome review! Reach out to Hugh with homeowners interested in a solar property evaluation and earn cash back!

Jeffrey Jackson Louisville, KY

I was looking into solar systems for a while and invited a couple of companies to come out and survey the property to provide estimates. After looking at the products, capacity and price it was evident that I needed to go with Solar is Freedom group. My sales rep, Karim K, was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. Evan D, the installation manager maintained regular communications and ensured everything stayed on track. My ground mount system was installed recently with no problems. The entire team was very professional and courteous. I highly recommend this company. I can now enjoy knowing my system is ready for the next 25 years to provide clean sustainable power. Great Job everyone.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Jeffrey, thank you so much for the positive feedback! We share all of the great feedback with our team! Shine On!

Ahmad Abdelhadi Miamisburg, OH

We had a great experience with Solar is Freedom. The service was quick and installation was fast. Adam T explained everything to us before we began with the process and we knew what to expect. It has been smooth and professional.

Joe moreland Olive Hill, KY

Looked around everywhere top notch from Adam T to the installers well satisfied pleasure doing business with/after install they won’t return phone call left messages because they owe use not to pleased at the moment with the service

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Joe, thank you so much for the positive feedback on Adam and the rest of the team! We will be sure to share your feedback. Thanks again!

Kerry Avon, IN

After posting an earlier review, Solar is Freedom finally worked with me to have the electrician come out and finish the work, five weeks after the original installation. They also arranged for an additional backup battery to be installed at over $4,000 less than had been quoted in my original request for installation. Unfortunately, it is a second financed item and has its own payment plan. I was told that this will be a new queue item and it will be 90 days before they can complete the work. They may be able to come earlier, but no promises. Adam T. said that I had not previously validated my email, so many of my emails went to his junk folder. He promised that if I call or text him, he will respond within 24 hours or the next business day.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Kerry, thank you for leaving us a review. We take your feedback very seriously and will work to turn your experience around. I know our Customer Success team is aware of your concern and we work to address it. You can email us at [email protected] for any further questions. Thanks again.

Dustin Bishop

We had a great experience working with Solar is Freedom and have enjoyed all our interactions with them. We are SO happy with our solar panels, and glad to be doing our part to help combat global warming!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We love to hear that! And we appreciate both your support of SIF and of the environment! Reach out to your Account Manager about the Customer Advocacy Program and future ways to help lead the way into a cleaner future!

Sophia Huff Lexington, KY

I have just had my solar panels installed. This process was satisfactory but did take longer than I was told. After electrical work was completed my hot tub kept kicking breaker, I was told this was on my end. Hot tub worked before they came and did not when they left. Crew left and didn't come back for a week. Electrician made me wait to even assess hot tub. He said it was my equipment but would have been nice for electrician to fix while he was there. Going on 2 weeks without hot tub due to wait time with local electrician. Anxiously waiting to see if this saves on electric bill. Karim is super nice to work with.

Becky Having Indianapolis, IN

Overall, we're happy with the product and work done by solar freedom. There had been some issues with 1 of the subcontractors. It seemed like we had difficulty with schedules and/or contacts. I would get a message that my husband didn't answer multiple calls, but I'd check and there wouldn't be any missed calls or messages on his phone. I had on my calendar a meeting and then we'd find out the following week that there had been a "mix-up" but they'd come the following week. There were delays due to wrong or no equipment or even possible weather issues then be left hanging as to when they would actually return. I understand scheduling, weather and lack of help , I just think there could've been improved communication with those outside of the actual solar team. The account manager (solar team, Adam) tried to resolve issues and he offered to call us weekly to check on the status of the product and our comfort with the solar set-up.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Awesome to see how responsive Adam is! Great feedback! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Edward Zechmann Cincinnati, OH

In the summer of 2021, I purchased a new roof and solar panels as a combination package. The new roof was installed then the solar panels were installed. The workers were professional and courteous. The grass and a few plants were matted down but that was to be expected. I have found about 7 nails and 12 bits of roofing material which were easily put into the garbage. It was a pleasant experience. They have consistently reminded me in a timely fashion when documents needed to be downloaded for future reference or to be read carefully then approved with a signature. The electrical net meter is installed and operational. I am glad to have a new roof and solar panels.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Excellent feedback, the crews always try to get all excess materials and leave the property as undisturbed as possible. That feedback will be helpful for the team! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Aug. 27th, 2021

Jim Rackett Springboro, OH

My wife and I decided to check out the benefits of going solar in order to reduce our costs while also trying to help improve the environment. After speaking with quite a few companies, we spoke with Patrick O at "Solar is Freedom" and found our best value. We discussed many options and actually decided to go with a roof mount system on our house. After speaking with Caleb when he came out to do the pre-site inspection, my wife and I asked if it would be ok if we went with a ground mount design instead. Mind you, we had already signed the papers for the roof mount system. Fortunately, Patrick was able to work with us and make the changes! It made my wife happy and showed that he cared about our satisfaction. This gave us a good feeling that the company is willing to work with us and we are very optimistic that this experience and the upcoming results with "Solar is Freedom" will continue to exceed our expectations.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Thank for the outstanding feedback! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Aug. 25th, 2021

Azedine Assassi OH

SIF was not the only solar installation company i reached out to, but they were by far the most responsive, professional, and well organized. That's why i ended up selecting them over the competition. Even though i had an assigned single point of contact (Adam T.), i felt the full support of a whole team, including Adam's manager, the electricians, the roof installers, the legal/admin support team, etc. Aside from the typical minor initial glitches of any new install, my system is running smoothly, and producing at the levels I was promised. I feel confident that my satisfaction and peace of mind with my system will continue for years to come thanks to the solid warranty provided by SIF.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback! Even when things don't go perfectly the SIF team strives to make it right quickly. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Aug. 4th, 2021

Alicia Mitchell Springfield, OH

Purchase solar panels from my home this summer and I am very pleased with them. I no longer have an electricity bill. I do have to pay for the panels, but that is $50 less than what I would normally pay per month. Having solar panel saves me $600 a year. But that’s not why I chose to do it. It’s the direction we all need to be following to save our planet. My Sales associate, Adam, was was very responsive and helpful in the whole process. He had all the answers and always responds in a timely manner. The technicians who installed the panels were extremely knowledgeable about what they were doing. Only thing bad about this whole experience is the meter readers for the electric company aren’t so nice. Lol.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Excellent feedback! Sounds like Adam and the installation team did a great job. Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

May. 5th, 2021

Kent Andrews Fishers, IN

I shopped pretty hard for Solar companies, did a lot of research and was pitched quite a few times. I knew Solar is Freedom was highly recommended, but I’m a skeptic at heart. We installed in August of 2020, so I wanted to wait 6mos to get a feel for my decision before rating. My experience has been 5 stars all the way around. Don’t be fooled by unrealistic designs for solar from companies focused on the $$$$. The design presented by Greg and Patrick was explained thoroughly and I was well educated on the solution. Installation was done right the first time and was exactly as designed visually and functionally. Who better to install than a Solar company with a roofing division. Let’s talk service. Don’t forget the 25yr warranty and relationship you are now involved in with your home. I can get someone on the phone very quick. Cliff with Solar is Freedom has been here to my home (2hrs away) in Fishers, IN from Cincinnati. He answers his phone for my questions and has been great through the installation of consumption monitoring and net metering. Top notch team, highly recommend!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We look forward to that 25 year relationship! Thank you for spreading the word and helping us democratize energy! This is great feedback, welcome to the solar community!

Mar. 18th, 2021

Rob Barnett ,

Solar Is Freedom installed my system the last quarter of 2020 and I am very pleased with the results. My account manger Jennifer made this process simple, easy, and stress free. Since I work with contractors daily, I come across numerous companies that do not communicate well nor care about the customer. This was not the case with Solar Is Freedom. Jennifer made it a point to touch base with me weekly giving updates and progress reports. The system also comes with an App that can be easily downloaded to track power so that you can watch your savings grow. I highly recommend contacting them and getting on the books for your install in 2021.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback, Rob! Welcome to the solar community!

Jan. 25th, 2021

Rodney Shaffer Florence, KY

We have been so glad that we selected Solar is Freedom for our Solar Installation. After much research & talking to multiple companies, we went with Solar is Freedom. Our Rep Adam was great! Even though they were not the cheapest option, they did everything they said they would. My research on the panels reinforced that they were using higher quality products and not cutting corners. The install crew did an amazing job & answered all questions that I had during the install. I look forward to years of generating our own clean energy to help the environment while saving on our electric bills. I would gladly recommend anyone seeking to solar to reach out to Solar is Freedom for their install.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear! Adam always does a fantastic job. This is such great feedback, expressing the value Solar Is Freedom brings! Welcome to the solar community!

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Shonna Paczosa Louisville, KY

My husband was very interested in obtaining solar for our house in Louisville. I was very hesitant given the arrangements/permits/pricing that comes along with solar. Shelby helped ease us through the process. The initial call does seem scripted but it it to get to know you, your family and your wants and needs. The presentation was through zoom. Once we committed Shelby took care of our homeowners paperwork, zoning, electric company documents and stayed in contact with us the entire way. The guys who placed the panels and wiring were extremely respectful and helpful. Would absolutely recommend this company and Shelby to anyone who will listen.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great feedback! We will pass that along to Shelby, she does a fantastic job! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Dec. 15th, 2020

Greg Christensen ,

I know we all have been skeptical of solar integration into our houses. We made the leap earlier this year and can say the following: -Our previous electric bill was ~$142 during AC months -It was now ~$23 (October) which is simply the standard charges from duke with minimal energy -I am excited to see a credit in electric during the wonder months as we have gas heat. -our FIXED solar monthly bill is $122 which is NOT subject to escalation from duke. Our same duke energy bill would be $165 in five years (based on 3% escalation). The savings will only go up as we live in our home. - solar systems are warranted for 25 years and after 20 years our loan will be paid off. They guarantee 80% panel efficiency at 25 years. - it was a hard decision but I believe it is the right move That being said we took advantage of the current 2020 26% tax credit and it goes down to 22% in 2021 and in 2022 there is no tax credit. After having some personal data, I do recommend solar. There is 0$ in seeing if your home is even a good fit for Solar and I know and trust Jordan with Freedom is Solar.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Wow this is absolutely incredible feedback! A perfect case study on how solar works! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Dec. 15th, 2020

Satisfied in the country ,

We had expressed interest in solar but asked to be contacted in mid April. Andrew contacted us then but due to the pandemic our presentation was made through Zoom. He had detailed pictures of our roof and where Panama would be placed and why. The panels were reasonable and by paying cash we received an additional discount. Installation went smoothly but because our city own it’s utility company there were some hoops that needed to be jumped through. Solar is Freedom took care of all of this. The first two months we had a small electric bill but for the last 3 months our bill has been xerox

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We will pass this feedback over to Andrew! What an excellent review! Welcome to the Solar Is Freedom community!

Dec. 8th, 2020

John Fisher Georgetown, KY

The best part of Solar is Freedom is the upper management team. When issues arose, they responded personally to ensure that the issues were being addressed or fixed. We had a major hurdle with HOA, which I am fairly certain was really one 'vocal' person in the neighborhood. We got the approval for panels for one side of the house. This was a win because solar panels are not allowed as called out in the deed of restrictions for the neighborhood. After the first set of panels went up, we received a kickback from the HOA (neighbor) to move them to a different part of the house. Then, during the second visit from Solar is Freedom to move the panels, the company was contacted directly to NOT do anything. We were not contacted initially by the HOA (or the mystery neighbor). Finally, things were agreed upon and after the third trip to our home, the panels were installed. The situation written above shows the dedication that Solar is Freedom has with its customers and to solar. Each trip out is ~2.5 hours for them and the panel installers made three and the electricians made two. Being the first house in a neighborhood that frowns on solar panels is ... was a tough road. But with Solar is Freedmon's patience and help, maybe we opened the door for others to take advantage of solar energy. Things to know when getting started and if you have an HOA: 1 - Check the deed of restrictions. 2 - Call the HOA committee and get everything approved (in writing for a paper trail). Another note of worthiness is the competency and friendliness of the solar panel installers and electricians. They did amazing jobs and were very friendly to me and my family (my children wanted to watch them work). They also gave us details of how things work for our better understanding. They are all good crews.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Absolutely phenomenal feedback! We appreciate the vote of confidence, and hope to install many more arrays in your neighborhood!

Nov. 9th, 2020

Laura Hawthorn Dayton, OH

Overall a great experience with Solar is Freedom. There were a few delays with the install due mostly to Covid and weather, but they paid our electric bills until the install was complete! Also got a perk for providing references of friends who also might want to take advantage of the great opportunity to install Solar at this time. From beginning to end, EVERY person we interacted with was very professional, did great work with the ground work and install (ground mounted system) including electrical etc. Sales pitch was data driven. Turn key operation and it looks great! Highly recommend Solar is Freedom!!!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

This is excellent to hear! Be sure to reach out to your Account Manager about the Customer Advocacy Program!

Oct. 29th, 2020

Caitlin Barkley Pleasant Prairie, WI

We can’t recommend Solar is Freedom enough! We had considered solar panels for years, but after moving into a new home, we decided to explore it more seriously. Alex Hay was an outstanding project coordinator. He made the entire process so simple, from the initial presentation to installation. When he shared the proposal, it was really a no-brainer to proceed. With rates so low, our monthly solar payment will be less than our typical monthly electric bill. Saving money, plus running on clean energy and contributing to a greener future – a true win-win! The installation team was very professional, clean and efficient. Our job was done in less than a day! If we ever have another need for solar, I’d only consider Solar is Freedom and would call them again in a heartbeat.

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Great to hear!! Alex does an outstanding job! Looking forward to your help in growing the Solar Is Freedom community!

Oct. 20th, 2020

Stephen Smith Mount Vernon, OH

Our family had been casually researching home solar solutions over the past several of years. During late 2019 and early 2020 we took a deeper dive into the subject and we narrowed down our search to three potential vendor options. From these three - we further researched each of them, we received their proposals, and we talked with their respective representatives. Also, during our search journey in early 2020, we discovered some good friends were also looking into solar solutions for their home too. So, we got together with them several times, compared our research information, and collectively narrowed our respective searches down to a couple of potential options. Once we both more thoroughly evaluated the important elements for us (e.g. pricing, financing, products used, warranties, other reviews, ground mount system vs. roof mount system, battery backup solutions, etc.) Solar is Freedom quickly became by far the best option for our family and our friends. Additionally, this summer based upon our research and experiences - we had a family member use Solar is Freedom for their home solar install too. All of us have been delighted with Solar is Freedom and Alex (our Solar is Freedom representative) - our only regret is why we did not undertake our home solar solution installations sooner…?!?!?

Reply from Solar is Freedom

We love to hear it! And we agree! Everyday you don't have solar, you're wasting money!

Sep. 15th, 2020

Brian D. Oliver Bucyrus, OH

Leaning on the recommendation of a knowledgeable and trusted family member, my wife and I made the big decision to take the plunge, so to speak, and "go solar", using Solar Is Freedom as our company of choice. Our motivation was twofold: 1) Saving money in regards to our electrical energy costs - both now and in the years to come, and; 2) Doing our part to "go green" and help the environment (we previously had a Geothermal heating/cooling system installed). Our 44 solar energy roof-mounted panels (the number of panels required is specifically tailored to your energy usage) were installed in late June of this year, and the entire install job, as well as all electrical work, was completed in just one day! The installers and the electricians were all courteous, friendly, professional, and extremely thorough - when they left, other than our solar panels, one would have never even known they were there! We were, and continue to be, exceptionally satisfied with the job they did for us, and we have immediately begun to realize substantial energy cost savings! Lastly, a huge shout-out to our Sales Associate, Alex H - what a warm, respectful, and genuinely nice individual! From our initial phone contact to our truly fascinating Zoom presentation, to all follow-up texts, calls, emails, etc., Alex has cheerfully and expertly answered any and all of our questions and concerns, and has let us know emphatically that he is always just a phone call away! He has truly helped make this solar energy endeavor a remarkably pleasant, interesting, and positive experience! The fun factor is enhanced even more by accessing their app on our phone to track our daily/weekly/monthly solar production! To sum everything up, our experience with the Solar Is Freedom company has been nothing short of excellent, and I would enthusiastically and unequivocally recommend them for being your company of choice as well, if you decide, as we did, to "go solar!" Brian and Becky Oliver Bucyrus, Ohio

Reply from Solar is Freedom

Wow! What a phenomenal review! Thank you for your excellent feedback! Alex always does a great job!

Aug. 20th, 2020

Rona Rose Hamtramck, MI

I did my solar panel in 2019 and I am totally satisfied with the services of "Solar is freedom" company. They are knowledgeable, proactive and always come back to you in case of any question. They are quick to install and patient to explain the ins-and-outs of solar system, how it works and what are the benefits. Their cost ratio per kwh is the lowest and thus best in the whole Ohio region. Another company in the market like "Power home" is twice expensive as "Solar is Freedom". I have secured my house for the best by bringing my electrical bill by net metering practically to nothing. More over, I have 30% of my total cost of the solar project deducted from my TAXES! I am happy the idea to install the solar panels on my roof came to me before I actually retire, so I can spend my retirement time with peace at my heart: the more sunshine, the less is my power bill! Go for "Solar is freedom" and kill that bill!

Reply from Solar is Freedom

What an awesome review! Make sure your Account Manager helps you get into the Customer Advocacy Program! We have t-shirt give away coming up! We appreciate your business and appreciate you sharing your tax credit experience!

Clayton Cleveland, OH

We were interested in solar and eventually settled on Solar Is Freedom. Brian B was my salesman and he did a fantastic job explaining the whole process and answered all of our questions. I never felt pressured at all and he waited patiently until we made our decision. One of the most surprising aspects was that when I told him we wanted to get other quotes, not only was he understanding about it, he actually encouraged it. All of the companies we spoke to were very close in price and they all seemed to use the same components so for me it was a no brainer to pick the company with whom I felt the most comfortable. That being said, Brian was head and shoulders above all the other salesmen I spoke to. Once the sale was made, his support didn’t stop there. He kept me informed with weekly calls and updates on everything that was happening. Once the install date came, I was very pleased with the crew that came out. They were all very professional, clean and once they left; there was no sign they had even been there. The electrician (who’s name escapes me) did a fantastic job. He actually Recommended an alternative to mounting the inverter outside and instead moved it inside my barn. This gave me a much cleaner looking install and I couldn’t have been happier. It has only been about a month since our system was installed, but so far it’s doing great. We’re already seeing the benefits and saving money.

Walter Middleton Columbus, OH

I had spoken with and had a couple of solar companies come into my home to speak with me and to evaluate the rooftop in my attempt to go solar. While the companies were all good with the exception of one, which I won't mention, Solar is Freedom had the best deal and customer service. I am the type of person that needs details to be explained to me. I ask questions and check out the answers if they don't fit my understanding. Brian at Solar is Freedom was quick with good answers and just as quick to tell me if he didn't know, then follow up later with an answer for me. Overall, I have zero complaints. The sales pitch, cost, the installation, and service have been top notch!

Shane Costello Piqua, OH

We had a 33 panel solar array installed by Solar is Freedom and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Our contact Evan D. was extremely patient with my wife and I while we contemplated making the decision to go solar or not. He came out multiple times to our home and presented the benefits and cons to the whole process in a concise and easily understood manner. The installers also did a great job. We hardly even knew they were there During installation. It went seamlessly and they cleaned up after themselves. The first bill was a pleasant surprise as we actually made more energy than we consumed and got a $10 credit on our electric bill. That was even better than expected for the capabilities of our system. Overall I’m very happy we went solar and used Solar is Freedom as our installer. Would recommend them 100 times over to anyone interested. Ask for Evan when you call.

Mark Kelly Mount Vernon, OH

Andrew Rohrbach Germantown, OH

We had a solar system installed by Solar Is Freedom. They are a great company! Our salesman was Evan D, he not only did a great job presenting the solar plan for our home, every one is different based on your needs, he even suggested that some of our money would be better spent replacing our 22 year old central air system to lower our electric usage. A great idea that we took advantage of. He could have just sold us enough panels to cover all our bill, but Evan saw an opportunity to help us in two ways. All the installers were great as well. Very friendly and knowledgeable. They answered all my questions as well as friends who stopped by to watch the installation. I highly recommend Solar Is Freedom, they look at the whole picture and give you the best advice for your situation. Plus they were half the price of the other estimate we got for a solar system for our home. Andrew Rohrbach Sr.

Colin Niemeier Cumberland, RI

We decided to go with Solar Is Freedom, for the main reasons of very effective power production, competitive cost and high-quality materials backed up with a full 25-year service warranty including parts and labor. Alex H, Sales Consultant; and Jake T, Sales Manager; were very knowledgeable, friendly and put no pressure on the outcome. They explained the long-term advantages of solar production, addressed all questions and concerns, and were happy to pursue the variance application with our HOA Architectural Review Committee (ARC) and building permit with the city. We love the fact we are saving money and doing our part to positively affect our environment too. As the cost of power continues to increase, our solar production will become even more valuable.