Solar in America

6.4

LAST UPDATED: April 18th, 2022

Founded in 2012, Solar in America (not to be confused with Solar America) is a solar installer with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar installation. The solar company provides a money-back energy performance guarantee, as well as warranties for all of its roof work.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right
Zenernet Logo
#3 Zenernet chevron_right

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Robust Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the most highly efficient solar panels currently available in North America, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, the solar energy company only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchase, solar loan, PACE financing, solar lease, and power purchase agreement (PPA) with terms ranging from 5 to 25 years, which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget. While each of these options will help save on your electric bill, only outright purchase and solar loans will give you access to the solar tax credit, which can result in massive money and energy savings down the line.

Robust Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the solar array (panels and inverter), and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar panel system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on the performance of their solar cells and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar panel installation is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Website Offline

Limited Availability

Similar to many solar companies, Solar in America operates in a small service area. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Idaho

While the three-state availability in no way implies poor customer service or installation practices on the part of Solar in America, it can disadvantage the company against more nationally recognized brands. Leveraging verified review from actual customers can be an effective means of standing out from the crowd.

Website Offline

Solar in America's website appears to be offline. As a result the information outlined in this review may be out of date. Additionally, lack of functioning website can make the solar provider unreachable to new or current customers.

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive solar technology features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, and Idaho.

However, Solar in American may not be the best solar company for all homeowners; the lack of a functioning website may cause potential customers to look elsewhere.

View Best Solar Companies

Giovanna Capone Oakland, CA

Solar in America has been very helpful in assisting me in sorting out my options for solar energy. Staff has been very available to answer my numerous questions and they have offered me two different options for either leasing or purchasing panels. Sometimes I had trouble getting correct information on particular questions, especially re: what happens to the panels and the solar contract once you sell your house. But I was persistent and staff went farther to make sure to get me accurate information. I still have not made any final decisions but I appreciate the time various staff members have taken to help me sort out what is a huge decision for me.

Oct. 12th, 2019

Jim Shea Colchester, CT

I found their representative to be very knowledgeable and he helped me understand some the issues I was concerned about. He explained things in good detail and followed up when he said he would. However, I believe this company leans toward your purchase of their product rather than lease. Their lease proposal did not meet my requirements and I'm not interested in purchasing. As my wife and I are over 70, we probably won't be in this house long enough to recoup expenses if we purchase. I'm leaning towards SunRun. They have a lease option that fits our needs and I also have the advantage of a SunRun rep in my town.

John C. Peoria, AZ

Carl was very prompt at getting back to me to explain the benefits of solar power for my new home in Arizona. He was able to explain the different products and benefits very clearly. I will look forward to working with Carl on putting my solar system once my home is built.

ANNETTE MORALES Moreno Valley, CA

Carl was very patient and explained the process to me over 3 times until I understood it. I researched the panels, etc. they are using and they are one of the best in the industry. Now I hope the installation goes as smoothly.

Bola Oke Brentwood, CA

We started off rocky because I was unable to get in contact with my rep, but once we were able to communicate, I was pleased with what Solar in America had to offer and I am happy to say that we've started the process of obtaining solar through them.

Reply from Solar in America

Regardless, of being unable to catch up with you earlier in the week, its wonderful that you stuck with us and received 3 possible quotes for your solar needs just this morning. We apologize for the delays.

May. 18th, 2018

Bob Widtfeldt Orange County, California

great technicians, however operations is a little slow. They seem to try hard but everything seems to take a long time

Debra Harper California City, CA

Salespersons are great and product sounds fantastic! You would had received 5 stars if I knew there was going to be a hard credit check against my account. I believe customers should be aware of that before credit is ran.

Raul Santos San Jose, CA

Everything started fine. Prices were good. Carl L and Sam R were both great. Very knowledgeable. We would recommend Solar in America. We have been very happy with our experience with this company.

Bruce Bailey Valley Springs, CA

Fast and efficient although communication could be better with the contractor. Sales is in constant contact and is very helpful. Pricing is some of the best. Installation took one day and was very professional.

Candido Cruz Jr

Great rep. Very professional, spent time to explain the plan. Only drawback was not following up with a detailed analysis so I can make a decision.

Michael Richard Tracy, CA

I was referred to solar in America by a family member. Glad they did. Now I'm saving $50 a month on my electrical bill vs my utility company. Sweet!

Kim Merced, CA

Good service, helpful staff, like my solar

Aug. 19th, 2019

Cary Chico, CA

The company is thorough and educated consumer on all possibilities. Carl L. was pleasant, responsive and efficient.

Timothy Kingsburg, CA

This company is great! Handle all your paperwork and keeps in contact with you often!

William Winhall Spring Valley, CA

Carl was informative, friendly and cooperative

Carlos Dublin, CA

good company. spanish speaker coming n i buy