Founded in 2012, Solar in America is a solar provider with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar PV system. The company provides a money-back energy performance guarantee, as well as warrants all of its roofing work.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, Solar in America only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchases, loans, PACE financing, leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs) with terms ranging from 5 to 25 years, which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on their system's performance and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar project is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

• Relatively Basic Website
  • Limited Availability

Relatively Basic Website

Solar in America's website is quite basic. Although the company's site does contain bits and pieces of helpful information here and there, it's not the most insightful resource and does not offer a blog section to educate potential customers about solar energy.

Limited Availability

Similar to many solar companies, Solar in America operates in a small service area. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Idaho

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, and Idaho.

tjv
November 13th, 2019 DETAILS

NONE, never called or made any contact with me about solar!!!

Laura Vigil
November 6th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!!HAD TO CHANGE MY REVIEW...CARL R L IS A TOTAL SCAM ARTIST!!!...READ THE BAD REVIEWS NOT THE FAKE GOOD ONES...I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HE HAS RIPPED OFF!!!...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY ..I HAVE TEXT MESSAGES , PHONE CALL LOGS & EMAILS TO PROVE ALL OF THIS .My initial review was good because they seemed very nice & I believed them...but after everything I rate solar in America -10.....EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE....CARL L, THE OWNER, AVOIDS MY CALLS TELL ME HES IN A MEETING FROM 8:30 -5:30 THAT HE WILL CALL AFTER & HE DOESN'T...WHEN I CALL IT GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL ....HE IS LIKE A POLITICIAN ..SAID WE WOULD GET A REBATE CHECK COVERING US FOR FIRST 18 MONTHS, A $50 GIFT CARD FOR A REVIEW, OUR ELECTRIC BILL PAID UP TO $500 & AN EXTRA $1000 SINCE IT WENT PAST 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE , STILL ISN'T UP & RUNNING SINCE JULY 1ST....HE SAID HE PUT CHECKS IN THE MAIL ON 8/23 ...STILL NOTHING...WE WERE ALSO SUPPOSED TO GET 2 NEST THERMOSTATS, LED LIGHT BULBS & WEATHER STRIPPING..... I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING AT ALL & MY SYSTEM STILL ISNT UP & RUNNING. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD.... I AM CALLING NEWS CHANNELS AND A LAWYER.....DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!! CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!!!! I RARELY DO REVIEWS BUT THE PUBLIC CONSUMER NEEDS TO KNOW THE TRUTH!! PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FREEDOM FOREVER OR SOLAR IN AMERICA & DO EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON SOLAR COMPANIES!! READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY. I HAVE EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES & CALL LOGS TO BACK ALL OF THIS UP! I'M LOOKING FOR A LAWYER NOW. This company is a fraud. Freedom Forever has other smaller companies contracting & baiting customers with all these "PERKS" for signing up. I was baited by a Company called Solar In America dealing with Carl L who is a total fake!! He is nice at first to get your business then a fraud and VERY RUDE after he gets the contact signed and then you get nothing they promised once you are in the loan contract. THE MAN THAT CAME TO MY HOUSE TO SIGN ME UP WHO WORKS FOR CARL L, (TREVOR D), EVEN SAID HE HAD NEVER GOTTEN PAID FOR HIS WORK, WHICH I ALSO HAVE IN A TEXT!! I was promised they would give me a rebate check from them to cover the first 18 months of the loan for the solar panels, which should cover me till I got the Income Tax solar rebate all to put towards my loan which should make my monthly solar/electric payment $92. I was also promised a $50 gift card just for doing a review on Solar in America, which I did raving review at first but once I saw what was really going on I changed it to reflect the truth, and once I did Carl L was Very rude and said he wanted nothing to do with me and that Whitney F would handle everything from here out. She also seemed nice at first said she would handle everything and apologized for Carl's behavior. No more than a few days later she was also making false promises and avoiding my calls & they say they are working on it, the check is in the mail since 8/23 & they all avoid calls, texts & don't respond to anything. They also promised an extra $1000 for going over 30 days on the installation, but of course backed out after the fact. Lastly, I was supposed to get a solar package to help keep me energy efficient including 2 Nest Thermostats for my 2 furnaces, LED light bulbs for my entire house & weatherstripping. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE SINGLE THING THAT WAS PART OF THE DEAL THEY GAVE WHEN WE SIGNED UP!! THIS COMPANY IS DOING A CLASSIC BAIT & SWITCH!!! PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SOLAR IN AMERICA OR FREEDOM FOREVER!!!! DIG DEEP INTO ANY SOLAR COMPANY BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM DUE TO THE FACT THAT FREEDOM FOREVER HAS/HIRES CONTRACT WORK TO DO THE BAIT & SWITCH!!! ANYONE CAN CALL AND WORK FOR THEM? CALL THEIR PHONE # AND LISTEN TO THE OPTIONS #3 TO BECOME A FREEDOM FOREVER DEALER?? THIS IS VERY FRAUDULENT!!

Jul 05, 2019

Barbara
October 31st, 2019 San Pablo, CA

Carl L is an excellent representative for you company. Carl covered all aspects of the solar installation and costs. We wanted to review our circumstances and the value provided by solar and would get back to Carl and he was not pushy as some sales people can be. I would highly recommend Solar in America and Carl if you are interested in a solar installation.

Roger
October 29th, 2019 Jordan, MN

Four weeks after requesting a quote and still waiting

gordon J Brown
October 28th, 2019 Fremont, CA

Carl was very informative and patient with all our questions. Solar in America is saving us money right off the bat!!! How cool is that??!!!

Rogelio Martinez
October 15th, 2019 San Mateo, CA DETAILS

They made this look easy and straight fort. It’s a no brained. Go solar

Bryan
October 11th, 2019 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS

After waiting about 5 months, I finally have the system and panels installed, ITS NOT WORKING AT ALL, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A Technician to come and set or put my system online, I've followed the directions to the "t", no-joy, don't work at all, they can't even see anything on there side. But my first payment is due nect week and i'll be billed by PG&E also! and another thing, I was promised a $1000.00 discount? where is it. Just shaking my head,..sell something that works.

Oct 12, 2019

You are mistaking Solar 4 America with Solar in America. We did not handle your solar project.

Vijay
October 8th, 2019 Newark, CA

it was great discussion about the whole process of getting fixed solar panels , warranties(for 25 yrs) and it’s extension in future. I feel , price is reasonable compared to other companies . There is no hidden fees .

Giovanna Capone
October 8th, 2019 Oakland, CA

Solar in America has been very helpful in assisting me in sorting out my options for solar energy. Staff has been very available to answer my numerous questions and they have offered me two different options for either leasing or purchasing panels. Sometimes I had trouble getting correct information on particular questions, especially re: what happens to the panels and the solar contract once you sell your house. But I was persistent and staff went farther to make sure to get me accurate information. I still have not made any final decisions but I appreciate the time various staff members have taken to help me sort out what is a huge decision for me.

Daniel Spooner
September 30th, 2019 Marlton, NJ

As they were rated highly, I was looking forward to hearing their proposal but they never called.

Oct 01, 2019

Mr. Spooner, I reached out to you multiple time with no answer. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks

Devin brown
September 27th, 2019 Pittsburg, CA DETAILS

Never knew having a system would save me that much money. Hands down the best company and decision I've made.

Miguel A Reynoso
September 27th, 2019 Hollister, CA

So far I have 5 or more stars if there was more to give to Solar in America, specially to his agent Carl L which has been doing all he has on his power and way beyond to help me with my loan and to get the panels. I still don’t have the panels installed, but can’t wait to get them.

Lexe G.
September 27th, 2019 Bridgeport, CT

Thank you for showing me what I would be in for in the future. I reached out to the company for a quote in the week of 9/16/19 and 9/23/19. I had to call Carl L on 9/23/19 to remind him to send me the quote. When he finally sends it on 9/24/19 it’s not what I requested. I said ppa and he sent me a quote for a loan. I call him to discuss and he says he will promptly send me the correct quote first thing Wed morning. I received nothing, I then email him at 1:15pm EST and he says "You will have it in your email inbox by noon PST. Thanks" That was Wed. It is now Friday 10:30am and still nothing. I guess they only want to do loans b/c they know they won’t be around for the next 20 years.

Oct 01, 2019

Unfortunately we do not sell leases or ppa in the state of Connecticut. However, I can refer you to your local Costco for Sunrun or leasing reps. I am glad that you were able to find what you were looking for.

JMC
September 9th, 2019 Apopka, FL DETAILS

Carl L is a scam artist. They promise an incentive of paying the $1,000 or the amount of the first year of payments and do not deliver. They reel you in with lies and then subcontract the work to incompetent contractors. They have failed to obtain permits as well as fail inspections (the failed inspections were voided because the permit was designed for the wrong house!) I too am pursuing litigation against them along with quite a few other people. I'm currently paying out of pocket for a system that doesn't produce power and probably won't for months! Don't believe them go somewhere else these guys are the worst.

Aug 02, 2019

After speaking with you today, Joshua, I am so happy that everything was able to be resolved with both you receiving your rebate of $1000 to cover your first 12 months of payments and the installation department is handling things to get your system running properly. I, personally, apologize for any inconvenience.

Dennis Phillips
August 23rd, 2019 Kuna, ID DETAILS

Excellent product performance. Installed system end of March and as of end of July, I have a energy credit in spite of hot June and July!

Kennedy
August 23rd, 2019 Pahoa, HI DETAILS

Too expensive, no savings on energy bill, demands access to private property, energy can be taken into the grid with no permission or monetary gain to the property owner to

Aug 23, 2019

Unfortunately in Hawaii, solar can be a tough proposition. However, we appreciate the opportunity to help you.

Risa
August 23rd, 2019 Aptos, CA DETAILS

Attentive, always on time, answered questions, excellent service.

Aug 23, 2019

JB
August 20th, 2019 Patterson, CA DETAILS

Carl is a scam artist. I cannot find a company called “solar in america” on the California secretary of state website. He promised rebates and more, but never followed through. Its been months and he keeps promising “the check is in the mail” and how it’s “being sent overnight”. BS. I’m owed thousands of dollars and must go to court now. Pote of bad reviews recently!

Aug 20, 2019

Good afternoon JB, As of 8-20-2019 we do not have any clients in Patterson, CA, so I am not familiar with you or your solar project. Please give me a call at 310 867 1031 to verify who you are and to clear this matter up. Secondly, if solar is on your roof and working you were installed by a license contractor and installer in the state of California. Solar in America is a business licensed in the state of California. Please give me a call. ASAP!

Mike
August 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Great company to work with. Saw a ad on facebook and requested to be contacted. They had someone come out the next day for a quote. The panels look great and completely satisfied with the overall process.

Aug 20, 2019

Thelma Blckwell
August 19th, 2019 Dinwiddie, VA DETAILS

When black-out or no power you will have electric

Thanks for the reply.

Laura Johnson
August 19th, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS

Wonderfulp attention to detail best price

Kim
August 19th, 2019 Merced, CA DETAILS

Good service, helpful staff, like my solar

Kevin C
August 19th, 2019 Vista, CA DETAILS

Very helpful answer any questions very fast they do it all

Frank Mata
August 19th, 2019 Bowling Green, OH DETAILS

Great service and friendly knowledgeable staff

Devin Wieseler
August 19th, 2019 Hartington, NE DETAILS

I was in contact with one of your reps and sent them the total square footage of my property but never got back to me on a quote.

Aug 19, 2019

We apologize for any inconvenience. I will have a representative reach out to you ... ASAP!

Chris Gentry
August 19th, 2019 DETAILS

Great company to work with. Carl was very informative and gave me various options to go with. I recommend Solar In America.

Thanks, Chris.

Betty
August 19th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

They don't take any repairs that are necessary

Aug 19, 2019

We handle all repairs as needed in the installation of repairs. Please send a email to [email protected] or give me a call at 310 867 1031. And, we will help. Thanks

Mitchel Robinson
August 15th, 2019 Maggie Valley, NC DETAILS

High cost, even with tax credits it takes between 18 to 22 years to break even. No return on your investment. Then it will be worn out before or by that time.

Aug 15, 2019

Typically the real value of solar is the cost avoidance and long term dollar saving because eventually you will pay off system and the cost per kilowatt is less than what you are currently paying. I would recommend you have one of our representatives go over your individual needs and reevaluate your situation. Please drop us a line at [email protected] or in our office at 310 867 1031. Thanks

Tara Burkhart-Grove
August 15th, 2019 Hayward, CA DETAILS

scheduling difficulties (contractors), mistakes made and not fixed well (holes in wrong place), downspout still not fixed, house does not look better now

Aug 15, 2019

I am absolutely sure you are confusing Solar in America with a company of similar name; maybe Solar America or Solar 4 America. We are not the company who handled your solar installation.

Diane
August 15th, 2019 Lakeview, OR DETAILS

I was never contacted after several inquiries

Aug 15, 2019

I apologize that you were not contacted. However, Solar in America does not service the state of Oregon. Are you sure it was us you contacted?

Morey
July 16th, 2019 Bangs, TX

They never responded to my inquiry. Therefore no review is possible.

Aug 02, 2019

Morey, I am so happy that regardless of the delay in getting your proposal and information that you got the information you requested. And, things worked out for you going solar. Thanks

Elena
July 10th, 2019 Dublin, CA DETAILS

This is a great company. Really easy to work with. Love the deal they gave me and the communication was easy throughout the process. Thanks

Jul 10, 2019

Jose Pulgarin
June 27th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

Carl L and Sam (A) are scam artists. They took me for $30 grand. I am currently seeking litigation in the state of Colorado for breach of contract. Run from these guys. Ask yourself a question. Could you find either of these guys if you had to? They offer no information anywhere, and simply sell your information to a local installer. Please, please, please, do a little research and use a local installer. These guys will never set foot on your project so spear your self the headache. Reward offered for anyone who can provide actionable information on their whereabouts.

Jun 27, 2019

Jose, You purchased your solar project from guys from Blue Sky Solar & Roofing who were fired from working as intermediary sales guys. They knocked on your door and you choose to use them even after you had multiple problems with them including misleading home improvements offers. I tried to contact you multiple times to clear the issues up with back in November of 2018 and I stand by ready to help with anything that has to do with the solar installation. Please feel free to call me 800 781 4460. As we have completed successfull the solar installation. You can direct any problems to Dan Mestas 720 625 9349and Neil or Alex Dorotik 720 980 4238 the people who came to your home and helped you from the start of your project. I have also reached to you today to clear up any issue you may have. Please call me 800 781 4460 or email [email protected]

debbie fulkerson
June 25th, 2019 Clearlake, CA

I really was impressed with the professionalism and knowledge. I would and have recommended solar in America to friends and family.

Jim Shea
June 3rd, 2019 Colchester, CT

I found their representative to be very knowledgeable and he helped me understand some the issues I was concerned about. He explained things in good detail and followed up when he said he would. However, I believe this company leans toward your purchase of their product rather than lease. Their lease proposal did not meet my requirements and I'm not interested in purchasing. As my wife and I are over 70, we probably won't be in this house long enough to recoup expenses if we purchase. I'm leaning towards SunRun. They have a lease option that fits our needs and I also have the advantage of a SunRun rep in my town.

Steve
June 3rd, 2019 Brookfield, CT

Requested info on solar options twice and haven’t got any response back. I will be moving on to another company.

Jun 27, 2019

You are mistaking Solar in America for another company as we have never received a request form you.

DON R
May 31st, 2019 DETAILS

It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. I was a little skeptical at first at how things would carry thru but, from the time I started working with Solar in America and Carl everything has worked out smoothly. They are very professional and the installation took less than one day. The entire process to 22 days. Great Job!

Bruce Fo
May 20th, 2019 Arcadia, CA

Very knowledgeable and gave excellent advice on the the best solar configuration for our home and needs.

Ashley
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Solar in America has a Sole Price Calculator that help us know about how much it would cost to do solar for our home. It was very reasonable and wow we have already starting saving money. We were even able to get a 2019 local Tax Rebate on our tax return.

Mike stanford
May 13th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

Great experience! The sales team that was sent to me house was very knowledgeable and helpful. They helped me every step of the process! Would highly recommend for any solar project!

Kyle
May 13th, 2019 Riverside, CA

Solar In America is the one stop shop for all of my Solar needs and wants, when searching for my system. They are professional and their team is hard working and very informative. 5 stars!

Johnny Merritt
May 9th, 2019 Tyler, TX

Solar in American has done a wonderful job for me. The installer did a great job..High quality work...installation was finest in one day. (Super!)The system is up and running and now im getting saving. Thank you for everything!

John C.
May 9th, 2019 Peoria, AZ

Carl was very prompt at getting back to me to explain the benefits of solar power for my new home in Arizona. He was able to explain the different products and benefits very clearly. I will look forward to working with Carl on putting my solar system once my home is built.

Karen Frusher
May 2nd, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL

I called to discuss a solar option for my situation. Carl, with uncommon honesty, suggested that solar is not a good option for my situation. I am a single 75 year old and even though I'm in good health, I have no guarantee of another 10 years, let alone 20. With relatively low energy usage, my savings would be small and the hassle of the installation, no matter how smoothly it went, is significant. I get it. What a good guy!

Graham Abbott
April 29th, 2019 Sun City West, AZ DETAILS

Amazing experience. Far easier that I anticipated and stress free from beginning to end. Carl was there to answer every question and concern. These guys are legit!!!!

Mike Dunlap
April 29th, 2019 Meridian, ID

Paul and Carl were great to work with and great explanation of how things work. All questions answered professionally and honestly. Very low pressure sales pitch.

Stephen
April 15th, 2019 Rocklin, CA

Carl from Solar in America was easy to talk to, he explained all our options and gave us a great price. I highly recommend Carl for all your solar needs

Dylan Griswold
April 8th, 2019 Caldwell, ID

The first thing I would like to mention is how fast and prepared the representative was when he arrived and shared the information. His name was Paul G. He was very nice and was attentive to our questions and gave answers without trying to give the run around. I would recommend him and this business to anyone who needs solar energy.

Mike Brooks
March 28th, 2019 Dumfries, VA

The salesperson texted me one night after 11pm to ask me when a good time would be to talk on the phone the ne t day. I told him to call me around noon the next day. I never heard from him that day, or since. Therefore, you get a one(1j star rating.

Mar 28, 2019

We do not service the state of Virginia. I am sure you are mistaking Solar in America for a company with a similar name. Thanks

Chad
March 26th, 2019 Boise, ID

Carl called me about 9 minutes after requesting a quote. Then within 2 hours they had Paul G at my house and went through the design of the system based my yearly energy consumption. Paul went through and did the site survey while at my house so nothing needs to be scheduled for later. We went through all of the paperwork and I got approved for the installation. They work with the HOA to get it approved. Idaho Power to get the correct meter installed and go through all of the Tax credits both Federal and State. The only thing that the home owner needs to do is get the value of the Solar panels added to their Home Owners Insurance. Paul also went over why this needs to be done.