Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Megaphone Icon

Third-Party Brokerage Service

Smart Energy Brokers does not install solar energy systems, but rather connects homeowners with trusted providers; consequently, important data like system costs, warranties, and available equipment will vary depending on the customer's budget and specific energy needs.

That said, Smart Energy Brokers' energy consultants are well-versed in the solar industry, and will work with customers every step of the way to ensure they are receiving the best deal and maximizing their utility bill savings.

Smart Energy Brokers is a new solar energy brokerage launched in 2020 in Roseville, California by cofounders Tom Hoang and Franklin Moore. Both founders bring a wealth of experience in the industry, having worked for Tesla, Sunrun, Solar City.

The company works with large and small industry players to match customers with solar providers. The company also partners with GivePower, a nonprofit, donating a percentage of revenue to support the organization’s empowerment programs.

The Good

• No Fees
  • Unbiased Research
  • Industry Relationships

No Fees

As a brokerage firm, Smart Energy Brokers' services are free to customers. The company is working toward building a solar marketplace to connect homeowner with a well-known energy provider and great services.

This no-fee service is very beneficial to customers, and no one can complain about the price point. Other companies like Pathways Energy do charge customers for providing consultation and evaluation of options.

Unbiased Research

As an independent brokerage firm, the company’s goal is to help customers find the best fit for their needs. The team offers to use their years of experience to identify the best solution for each customer’s specific solar needs.

Because the customer is not paying Smart Energy Brokers, the trust level is extremely high, as customers are being supported without financial incentive on the company’s part.

Industry Relationships

While Smart Energy Brokers offers unbiased options, the company is able to procure better pricing for customers due to ongoing relationships with solar energy providers. These connections keep the firm freshly updated on the ins and outs of the industry.

The Bad

Possible Recommendation Limitations

While Smart Energy Brokers has partnered with solar companies large and small, the company likely compares providers from a curated, rather than a comprehensive list. Given the recent rise in new solar companies entering the market, it's possible that Smart Energy Brokers may not present offerings from the best local solar providers in your area.

The Bottom Line

Solar energy is an investment for any customers; and the return on that investment depends so much on the effectiveness, cost, and usefulness of the panels and installation provider customers choose.

Having a supportive resource like Smart Energy Brokers in one’s corner to provide information, connections, and advice is a no-brainer for any customer considering adding solar energy to a building or home.

Homeowners are encouraged to read verified Smart Energy Brokers reviews to see how successful the company has been at matching customers to qualified solar installers.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Smart Energy Brokers is on a mission to create an easier, smarter way to shop for solar. We are changing the solar experience by providing a no pressure, unbiased, and consultative approach — connecting homeowners with the solar installer that best meets their needs. We work with integrity, focusing on providing an experience that is transparent and honest. We offer solutions that are reliable and affordable. We believe in empowering our communities.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

5.0

bookmark

Featured Review

Sy Thompson Berkeley, CA

Smart Energy Brokers is a small company, but their vision is large. They have a very experienced and caring staff from the top, and throughout the managers, and sales consultants. Furthermore the owner made himself available to answer any questions that relied on his specific expertise. Whenever there were concerns that were aired he answered them objectively and provided us with the information we needed. Mona our sales consultant was involved in this process from the beginning, and made herself available to guide us through any concerns we had as the project moved forward. She has an effervescent personality, and has the ability to render excellent customer care. It was because of her dedication and hard work we were convinced that we had made the right decision. Overall I would say that the experience with Smart Energy Brokers was of the best quality one could experience in a project of this sort. Sy Thompson, M. Arch

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Sy! This is an amazing review! We appreciate you trusting Mona and Smart Energy Brokers to help you find a solar provider for your home. Mona does have a great, fun and easy going personality. Thank you again for starting with Smart Energy Brokers. With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family.

bookmark

Featured Review

Jim Jacob Palm Desert, CA

This experience has been nothing short of exceptional. April started the process and then I was smoothly handed off to Dan. Dan has been on top of my progress from when he got involved. Dan is quite professional, explains everything and makes sure all my questions are answered. I look forward to the install and completion. Smart Energy Brokers LLC are GREAT !!!

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Jim for the great review! We are very happy that you allowed April and Dan to help you with deciding on a solar provider for your home. April and Dan are true professionals and they are the best of the best when it comes to solar. We are also looking forward to your solar system installing, and will stay in touch even after the fact to make sure you are still happy. With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family

Sharon Henderson North Hollywood, CA

Franklin M made this so easy for me. Question? Franklin responded! Problem? Franklin took care of the issue. I feel very lucky that Franklin was able to help with my Solar Project. It isn't often that you find people who actually care about the clients once you purchase something! Thank you, Franklin and Smart Energy!

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Sharon for the great review! We love that you appreciate Franklin. He is a huge reason on why Smart Energy Brokers is successful thus far! We will definitely keep in touch to make sure you are happy with your solar system. With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family!

Jun. 11th, 2021

Christine A Drew Canyon Country, CA

What a pleasure to do business with this company! It's not every day that being solicited by a company (Sunrun) I already do business with, that they "have it all together"! April C. name comes to mind (with Smart Energy Brokers, LLC). She was professional, polite and listened to my concerns, to ensure I received great service! And that I did! Would not hesitate to refer someone to this company.

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Christine for your positive review! We appreciate you allowing us to help you with your solar home upgrade. April is one of our top team members and it just reaffirms it with reviews like these. Please let us know if you have any referrals and we will make sure we treated them with a 5 star service like we served you. With care, the Smart Energy Brokers Family.

James Ernest Boggs Fresno, CA

I was impressed with the manner in which I was guided step by step through the design and installation procedures. The response time for the actual placement of the solar panels on my roof exceeded my expectations. Daniel kept me informed and allowed me to thoroughly review what impact the system would have on my electrical generation. Great job!

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you James for the great review! We appreciate you allowing Dan and Smart Energy Brokers to help you find a solar provider for your home. Daniel is one of the best and your review reaffirms his dedication to homeowners. We will stay in touch even after the fact of installation to make sure you are still happy. With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family

karen snyder Wildomar, CA

Dan S. has been a pleasure to work with. I'm an old testy lady and expect the very best treatment when spending our hard earned money. Dan is knowledgeable, pleasant and eager to please. If all businesses strived as hard as he does - the business world would be so much better.

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Karen for the positive review! We appreciate you allowing Dan and Smart Energy Brokers to help you find a solar provider that fits your needs. You are in great hands with Dan as he is one of best out there in the solar industry. Dan and Smart Energy Brokers will stay in touch to make sure you are happy year 1 and through year 25. With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family

Kimberly, T Oakland, CA

Thomas H was very helpful and made the process very easy,I highly recommend Smart Energy Brokers, he find you great rates and Solar company to go with .

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Kimberly for the positive review! We are very appreciative of the opportunity to help you with your solar search. We will keep in touch to make sure you are happy and taken care of throughout the life of the solar system. With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family

Jun. 1st, 2021

Mike Mccarthy Thousand Oaks, CA

My rep Kristian was very helpful and explained everything to my full satisfaction

Reply from Smart Energy Brokers LLC

Thank you Mike for the positive review! Kristian is one of the best solar professionals in the industry. We are very happy that you feel the same. Kristian and Smart Energy Brokers will stay in touch to make sure everything is running smoothly now and into the future! With care, The Smart Energy Brokers Family