Skyline Solar Logo

Skyline Solar

8.4

LAST UPDATED: July 3rd, 2024

Skyline Solar is a residential and commercial solar installation company serving homeowners in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. As a family-owned business, the Skyline Solar team seeks to deliver personalized attention and care in each solar installation project. The company completes all installations in-house and offers high-quality solar panels and products.

The Good

• In-House Installation Services
  • Free Online Quotes

In-House Installation Services

Skyline Solar completes all solar installations in-house, meaning that work isn’t contracted out to third-party contractors. Some companies contract installation work out, which can result in miscommunications and installation delays, as more people are involved in the process.

When you work with Skyline Solar, the company takes care of all aspects of the solar installation process, including submitting all necessary paperwork, such as state rebate applications and permit requirements.

Free Online Quotes

If you’re interested in Skyline Solar’s solar installation services, you can request a free quote on the company’s website. After providing some personal contact information, you’ll be contacted by a Skyline Solar representative to discuss your solar project and estimated costs.

The Bad

• Limited Service Area
  • Undisclosed Warranty Information
  • Undisclosed Financing Information

Limited Service Area

Skyline Solar is a prominent name in the solar industry in the Northeast. Currently, the company only serves the following three states:

• Connecticut
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey

Unfortunately, if you don’t reside in one of the states listed above, Skyline Solar’s solar installation services may not be available to you.

Undisclosed Warranty Information

Skyline Solar doesn’t currently provide any information on its warranties. Typically, solar companies offer an equipment and workmanship warranty that both range in length from 15 to 25 years.

Going solar and installing a solar system on your home can be a large expense, so it’s important to confirm a company’s warranty offerings, ensuring that your investment is protected.

Undisclosed Financing Information

Solar system installations can be a large investment — the average cost of solar panels and installation can range anywhere from $8,000 to $40,000. For this reason, most solar installation companies offer financing options, making the solar process more affordable for homeowners. Common financing options include solar loans, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

Currently, Skyline Solar doesn’t provide any information about financing. Thus, it’s unclear whether or not the company offers any financing options, which could be a turn-off for many homeowners that may not be in a position to pay in cash for their solar installation project.

The Bottom Line

Skyline Solar is a residential and commercial solar installation company that serves homeowners in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. The company completes all solar installation projects in-house, saving you from potential miscommunications and delays that can occur when multiple parties are involved in the solar process.

It’s unclear what types of warranties and financing options are available. It’s important to ascertain information about both, ensuring that you can afford and protect your solar investment. However, you’ll have to speak with a Skyline Solar representative to get detailed information about both warranties and financing options.

5.0

M. J. M.

In 2023 I had solar panels installed on my house by Skyline Solar; the installation also included a new roof and a great crew to do the work. They worked tirelessly for one and a half days and kept me informed of the progress, and the clean-up afterwards was exceptional; my yard looked like they had never been there! I have been so thrilled with the efficiency of my solar panels, and since April of this year have had zero cost electric bills, and in fact a $149 credit from my utility bill! I anticipate with all the sun hitting my roof, it will have several months of continued zero bills and continued credits on my bill! The use of solar energy offers huge potential for harvesting sunshine's inexhaustable source of renewable energy and bringing on more energy independence, reducing the consequences of global warming.

Tom MacDonald

Clear communication, quick quote including a shade analysis. Best reliability in the industry with Enphase. Adjusted their proposal to meet our needs and keep the total cost down. After 5 months we are on plan producing more electricity than we consume and achieve pay back time estimate.

SBoyle

After being misled by several solar companies, we had put our hopes for solar on hold. Then along came Dave from “Evergreen Solar” (subsidiary of Skyline Solar). No nonsense, no pressure, and our 1st system was INSTALLED within 2months. The installers were fantastic: professional, pleasant, and left ZERO debris. Dave & Sean kept me informed thru every step and responded quickly when I had a couple of minor questions. Smooth process from start to finish (we are turning on our system today!).

Brad Carroll

I am on my 5th year with Skyline Solar and I have been pleased with my decision to go solar with them. I have only had one down time with the system, and they were quick to respond to the problem. They had me back up and running with only a slight delay. I had enough kilowatt hours in the bank to cover my downtime. Even with the electric provider going to peak and off peak hours, it has only slightly impacted my electric bill. My wife and I are pleased.

Ron Yenulevich

Skyline was my second attempt at solar. My first experience really turned me off to the possibility of installing it. The rep from skyline reached out without pushing and already had pertinent info on my location. The review process and installation went really well. But the proof is in the pudding as they say. My system was installed fall of 2023. The energy generated by the panels is really very good. We are running a negative balance with eversource while running all our appliances plus a hot tub on electric. For me this was a great win. Oh! Don’t forget the federal tax credit - huge!

Paul Holland Jr

My experience with Skyline solar was exceptional. I was a little nervous in the beginning because I wanted an installation that would hide the wires connecting the solar panels to the electrical grid in the basement. Skyline and their installers were able to exceed my expectations with regard to running the wires internally so that nothing is visible from the outside of the house. Their staff was professional and courteous they answered all of our questions on a timely basis and made the entire process from beginning to end as easy as possible. I would highly recommend them. Paul H.

Jake Steele

The communication and coordination through the entire installation process was great! And the support on the back side has been prompt and helpful.

Steven Haldeman

Installed rooftop solar last summer and Skyline made it easy! they used quality products and the installers were friendly and did a quick, clean, efficient install

Ken Williams

Skyline was very easy to work with, didn’t try to upsell me on roof replacement and had the job complete in a single day. Permits pulled an approved for operation in a week.

Paul Braun

Communicative group both via email and direct texts with staff from sales through to the end. Installers were friendly. process was timely & they handled facilitation with the city and utility well. installers left a bit of a mess - more thorough cleanup would be nice.

Gale Taylor

Skyline Solar installed my system. I highly recommend them. I pay $100.00 monthly for my system. Awesome.

Adam David

Skyline installed my solar panels in a very timely and professional manner. I would definitely recommend them.

sheena

Very friendly and helpful staff they explained everything to me multiple times follow up calls no problems so far

Sharyn Alice Murray

Crew was polite, quick, explained the process well.