Semper Solaris

7.2

Thomas Collimore

I researched a number of companies in the San Diego, Ca area. This company had the best prices and, as I found out, great service. Headed by an ex-serviceman (hence, vet discount.),they could not have been nicer to work with. HIGHEST RATING!!

Ann Redwood City, CA

Not to put too fine a point on it, but our experience with Semper was pretty awful, from start to finish. I don't mean just annoying and vaguely less than on the ball awful, the two-star variety of awful. I mean such a relentless, ever-rolling stream of screw-ups that it became a family joke. Because, you know, sometimes all you can do is laugh. To start with, it took them nearly a year and four months after we signed the contract to get the system up and running. But mere slowness is not what lands them in one star land. It's their unbridled, relentless, needless screwups that led directly to these delays. Here are the highlights of our depressing slog with Semper: * In January 2020, after a couple months of back and forth with our sales person, we studied the proposal he had given us detailing the price, system size, physical components, and promised energy generation, and chose Semper over two other companies. Within literally minutes after signing the contract, however, the sales person emailed back to us saying that oops, he'd mistakenly given us too low a price, and would need to charge us about $3,000 more. We, being in possession of a basic understanding of how a legal contract works, said no. This set off a couple of months of relentlessly, exhaustingly trying to get the corporate office to acknowledge the contract that the sales person had signed (which they finally did, only after I finally got hold of a top company manager. Who did not apologize.) * When they started designing our system, they told us that oops, they'd mistakenly underestimated the number of panels we'd need to generate the level of production they'd promised us, and would need to charge us roughly $3,000 more to add the additional panels. So another round of weeks of explaining to them that when you sign a contract with certain specs, it's actually binding on you. * Months went by after that hearing nothing. I contacted their customer service line, which is staffed entirely by nice, chipper people who are utterly unfamiliar with your particular project, they're just messengers. And this particular chipper messenger assured us, week after week, that our permit would be issued shortly - about three or four times, she told us we'd get our permit "in only two weeks now!"; and then told me he exact same thing again when the permit didn't actually materialize in that time frame. Well, I got suspicious and actually called the County permitting staff, and found out that they had identified problems with the permit application and sent it back to Semper with comments - which Semper had simply let drop. So, I spent another several months sorting that all out. With Semper continuing to give me information that was plainly wrong about the permit issuance status, again and again. * When we finally got the permit, installation was a comedy of errors. Semper operates on such a decentralized model that they cannot even keep basic scheduling or project status straight. We embarked on another six months of utter scheduling chaos. Workers would not show up when scheduled, but then would show up unannounced, having no idea at all what the status of our installation was or what they were supposed to be doing. Inspectors would show up at our house and wait around and ultimately leave frustrated because the Semper rep had failed to come. One or two scheduling screwups would be annoying, but it was relentless and constant. * When we finally got the system running, we discovered that they had basically broken our HVAC system when doing a simple add-on (soft start) to our AC system. They eventually fixed it, but not before walking away and leaving us without heat on a cold night. This list doesn't by any means capture it all - it's just the highlights. An overall problem with Semper, in addition to their decentralization, seems to be that they are understaffed. The one person I finally identified who was actually consistently helpful and knowledgeable (thank you Jessica!) had a huge workload and little assistance. What Semper needs to do is get rid of their model of using a generic customer service line (the chipper messengers) and assign a single project manager - with technical chops - to each sale. Who will see the personally project through start to finish, be consistently on top of all the scheduling and technical details, and be consistently available to the customer. And who, needless to say, should understand the legal meaning of a contract. Until and unless they completely revamp their business model, I would stay far away from this company.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Good afternoon, Ann. We appreciate you reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We value our customers and aim to provide everyone with excellent customer service, clear communication, and top-notch installations. It sounds like we did not meet those standards with your project and we would like to investigate and make things right for you. We do need a bit more information to locate your account and get started. We also received your Yelp review and have sent you a private message via Yelp requesting your details. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Apr. 26th, 2021

Ben Gilroy, CA

After reading a bunch of reviews, i feel like I also needed too. First I choose Semper to install solar panels approximately 2 years ago. They are military and first responder friendly but mostly they all did a great job. The initial contact was great, the team that came out did a professional job. I had no problems. So when the sales gentleman contacted me about getting Tesla home batteries and that I qualify for a rebate I didn’t think twice. Guess I really should have. I started this project back in March of 2020, it’s now April of 2021 and still waiting. I have been scheduled four different times to just have all four canceled for one reason or other. Using excuses as it’s raining, to it has to go back to the building department and the last one a transportation delay. Every time except for the last one I had to call and find out why nobody showed up. No one called me to inform me. I am now coming up on the end of May 2021 in four weeks and possibly losing my rebate. When I call to find out why or what is happening I get the run around. I have told them many times that if I don’t get the rebate I will have to cancel my project even if the system is up due to not being able to afford it, and they just don’t care. I had someone from the SPIG section tell me that I was wrong about my dead line being the end of this May, until I showed them the email they sent that specifically states the rebate can be voided if not completed by them. Every time I call or email the staff in San Jose it takes days for a response. Why? I would attach all the emails I have, and yes I have them all it’s one thing I have learned to do is case things like this come up, but it would be pages. The few responses I do get just say “I will get the right person to get in touch”. Still waiting. Only one person by the name of Tawny has gotten back to me the same day, everyone else takes days. I know two people, one of which I referred them to Semper that have already had their systems installed and running, while I sit here and wait. Why is it taking over 14 months to get my system installed? The meaning of Semper as I understand it is “Always faithful”, As I stated earlier I used this company because of the solar panel installation they did and the great experience I had with them. Not sure if the battery section is the same as solar or possibly different, but either way this has been the single worst experience I have ever had hiring a contractor to do work. I have really been excited about these batteries due to having PGE and they turn off power any time the wind blows, but at this point I almost don’t even care anymore. Not worth the headache. I have lost almost all faith with this company and it’s ability to communicate.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Ben, our goal is to complete each project in a timely manner with a superior installation. Over the past year, we have hit a few snags with Covid delays, especially in the Bay Area with the shelter-in-place order, and have done everything possible to expedite projects while working with building departments and utility companies. We would like to look into your account and project delays and see what we can do to make things right. We need your information to get started, so we've sent you a private message requesting your details. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Apr. 21st, 2021

Cheryl Rocklin, CA

I really thought I had found a good company to install our solar battery. Robin came out, was very nice and explained everything to us. We felt comfortable with him so we signed the contract and gave a $1,000.00 deposit. It took quite a while for the process to get started which I can understand. The crew that came out was very nice but they weren't able to finish the install. 1.5 months later, they finally came back to finish the install. When returning home on the day of the install, we found that most of our house didn't have any power. We weren't able to get hold of anyone at the company, so we called the installer directly. He was apologetic and came out that night to try and fix the problem. He was able to fix most of it but one-third of our kitchen and our dishwasher still had no power. After repeated calls and emails to the company, they said they would send someone out in 2 weeks. The day came and went and their person didn't show up. Again, repeated calls and emails to the company only to be told their guy called in sick and they would get back to me on when they might be able to have someone come out and fix the problem. At this point, we ended calling an electrician and paying for it out of pocket. It took a third installation date to finally finish the project. I was told I had to be home which I didn't understand as the system is outside and I didn't have to be home for either of the other 2 visits. I took a vacation day only to be told by the installer that there was no reason for me have to be home. Once the project was done, I was invoiced the final payment, which I paid. A few weeks later I get a not so nice email stating I have a past due balance and need to pay it immediately. Looking back at the invoices, I paid the amount that was invoiced each time as well as the deposit which I explained to them. They have now charged my credit card $1,000.00 which I did not authorize. Save yourself the pain and go with a company that has good customer service and stands behind their work. This company is not it.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Cheryl, thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We aim to provide each customer with a streamlined installation and excellent customer service and communication. It sounds like we have not met those standards with your project and we'd like the chance to look into it and help make things right. We will be in contact to discuss your project further. Thank you.

Apr. 21st, 2021

Michael Atkins Ladera Ranch, CA

I don't write many reviews but feel it is necessary that I provide my experience so those considering Semper Solaris as their Solar Provider will be informed to not make the same mistake I did. I started this journey as most of you do by researching all the companies in a competitive space to make sure you are making the right choice. I met with Several companies and had it narrowed down to a very well known business that has been in the solar industry longer than anyone else nationally. However; there were some appealing things about Semper Solaris at the time that I appreciated and being a Military Vet myself; that was important to me. I was then persuaded by free Tesla 2 Power Walls as part of the package; that made it hard to turn down and giving back to my military brothers and sisters would have been a good choice so I made the choice to go with Semper Solaris. Well...I started this project with Semper Solaris in September of last year with the promise that I'd have Solar Panels and batteries before the end of the year last year so I could take advantage of the Solar Tax credit. Here I am at the end of March the following year with nothing to show for. Had the government not extended the Solar Tax Credit for another 2 years, this would have been a huge disappointment as the Tax Credit was supposed to go down significantly in 2021 which was another selling tactic by Semper Solaris, bullying tactic really. If it weren't for me calling and emailing their customer service; I would have not gotten the information they were sitting on for almost a month...so I was told. They were aware that I was not able to get the batteries and that the State Rebate ran out so now I was left with nothing but a work order to now have to pay another 10K... I'm no business man but I do understand dollars and cents, doesn't take a genius to know that is not how business should be done. The problem was; I was setup for failure from the get go and a design that was over provisioned. That information should have been communicated to me as soon if not within the week this information was given to Semper Solaris. This should have been taken into account if the selling point is getting free batteries instead of designing an over provisioned system that I can only assume was in their favor not mine. Now...after communicating all of this to customer support, texting the Sales Person whom I would never hear back from and customer support not answering emails and if they did or if I were so lucky to get a call; it was the same old thing, we will talk to the sales person, we will forward the email to the sales person, we are sorry you are going through this experience...we will get this resolved...blah blah blah. I have not seen any action or communication to me on how to get this resolved and that was over a month ago. Remember; I started this project with Semper Solaris in September of 2020 and March 2021 is coming to an end so it's been 7 months and nothing to show for. It has been a complete waste of time filled with frustration and disappointment. I know had I gone with the company I was just about to hire; I would not be in the position I am in today...I have had absolutely nothing done and my neighbors around me who started after me already have panels up and running on their roofs. I'd give 0 stars to Semper Solaris if I could My advice to anyone considering Semper Solaris; I would highly recommend you do your research and find another company...don't make the same mistake I did.

Reply from Semper Solaris

3.30.21 - Hi Michael, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. We appreciate your choosing Semper Solaris as a way to support your fellow veterans and we want to make you proud. Our goal is to install all projects as quickly as possible while going through the proper channels and installing top-notch solar and backup battery projects. We are looking into your project to see where the hold-up lies, and what we can do to make things right for you. Our team has reached out to discuss the details further. Please respond at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Bill San Diego, CA

Horrible Company. Their communication skill with the customer are terrible. Nothing but lies, excuses and delays, which lead to several change orders, that leads to thousands of dollars more. My job consisted of new HVAC, new roof , solar and gutters. ($58K to start) Everything up to date was under sold. Which means I had to pay more on their continual mistakes on how to measure properly the first time (now I'm closer to $68K). I expected some change orders, but not on everything. First of all, the workmanship / finish work on the HVAC side of the house was horrendous. But they came back and fixed/repaired the multitude problems. In my experience, nothing but problem after problem with this company, But, I will give 5 stars to the roof installers, extremely hard workers who did a great job, very professional and did the job right the first time. They say they are veteran owned and hire veterans, Not on my job site. If I had a vet on my job site, it would have been done right the first time. Um, that maybe why many of those who were on my job are no longer with the company, umm, makes you wonder. I wonder if the owners know how FUBAR their company is or are they just blind to it all. I say this because my project started over a year ago, and they still are not finished. I think/know Semper Solaris are going though a lot of changes, either by have great employees who see how FUBAR the operations are and thy find jobs else where and by finally firing the FUBAR employee/manager(s). I have several pages of documented problems with my project. Do yourself a favor, shop around. Don't believe their advertisements. There are honest companies out there, just not this one in my opinion.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Bill, we appreciate you sharing your experience and giving credit to the roofing team for their hard work and professionalism. All of our projects should reflect these high standards and we would like to look into your project and help make things right for you. We've sent you a private message requesting your account details so we can get started. Please respond to that when you get a chance. Thank you.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Dana B Los Angeles, CA

They had great customer service. Any time we had questions they were always quick to answer and anytime a problem popped up they took care of it. The roof \came out great and the prices were fantasic.

Ahangel Novato, CA

After four years of trying to get Semper Solaris to honor their contract of under production I wish I had never done solar and have never gone with this company. It has added so much anxiety to my life. The sales team and production team underestimated the amount of solar that my house could produce and promised me more than the system was able to provide. They are now emailing me false information about my production saying that it is actually meeting specs, and when I called them on it they say whoops we were looking at somebody else’s account. Feels very shady to me. I will update if they eventually resolve the issue. I still very much want to recommend this company under the current situation I definitely cannot as it is costing me $600 a year more than you should be.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Adrienne, our goal is to design and build a solar energy system that matches a customer's historical usage or to produce above that if a customer wishes to add usage, as in an added electric vehicle, pool or AC unit. We appreciate you working with us, in the time since you wrote this review, to beef up your system and get it in line with your usage and contracted production levels. Please feel free to call our team if you have any further needs or questions. Warmest regards.

Mar. 11th, 2020

Ha Nguyen San Diego, CA

Great customer service, very friendly group of people. Mark I was my contact and her was very knowledgeable of the roofing and solar process. Very competitive pricing. Would do business with them again in the future.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you for this great review, Ha! We truly appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris for both your roofing and solar projects. We're proud to have Mark on our team and are thrilled that he shared his solar and roofing knowledge with you and took such great care of your home. Wishing you many years of a solid and secure roof and energy production and savings!

Sep. 12th, 2019

Ed P El Cajon, CA

Really happy we went with Semper Solaris. Great value for the price. Everyone we worked with was professional. Chase our sales guy was knowledgeable and helped us every step of the way. Happy we went with Semper Solaris.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you for this great review, Ed! We really appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris to install your solar energy system. We're happy to hear that our team was very professional, and that Chase shared his solar knowledge with you and helped you every step of the way. Congratulations on taking the leap to solar!

Aug. 15th, 2019

Dawn Courtney San Diego, CA

Semper Solaris made solar so simple and easy. Nicole was wonderful. She answered all of our questions and was very helpful. Their prices were great and so was their warranty. I would recommend them to everyone.

Charles Oakland, CA

They pepper their website with words like “integrity, loyalty, and responsibility” and claim that we should trust them to be experts who will “get the job done right.” Having served proudly in Iraq and Afghanistan, I’m offended that they are claiming these values and waving flags as a marketing tool when their competence, organization, and level of service is disgraceful. I hired Semper Solaris for a new roof and solar array because of their sales pitch and because I believe in supporting veterans. It was a big mistake. The project went sideways many times, significantly increased in price from the original contract, and took nearly nine months to complete. The issues were all self-inflicted by Semper Solaris and not problems with permitting (besides them failing multiple inspections). Throughout the project, they consistently failed to communicate with myself and the subcontractors who were working on the project. A quick timeline: 31 May, 2018 - Signed contract and paid deposit 6 September - Main panel upgrade. PG&E disconnects power. Subcontractor electrician (probably not a licensed electrician - Semper would not provide me with his name or license info after the fact) screws things up big time and we don’t have any power for two days. Panel not upgraded. I have to throw out two refrigerators of food. Semper says they will cover it, but never do. 7 September - Semper Solaris installs temporary couplers to get power back on because PG&E will not accept their work. 4 October - 2nd attempt at panel upgrade. Panel is upgraded, but fails inspection. I’m told the roof is scheduled for 17 October. 15 October - Semper cancels 17 October roof install and reschedules for 23 October. 23 October - After moving cars, preparing for the roof install, and taking the morning off from work to make sure things get started smoothly, Semper calls me at 8 AM to tell me the roof isn’t happening that day. 11 November - Roof is started. It is finished that week without major issues besides a large amount of roofing debris that was not cleaned up. 20 November - Semper Solaris contacts me and tells me they no longer have the type of inverter they sold me and try to sell me a different kind. I push back and they agree to install what we initially agreed on. 27 November - One of our cars gets two flat tires in my driveway from roofing debris. Semper does pay for the tire that was destroyed by the nail that went through the sidewall. I patch the other one myself. December - Solar installation. Lost the exact dates. 10 January - Solar passes inspection. Main panel upgrade fails inspection again. PG&E will still not permanently reconnect power from 6 September clusterf*. 16 January - Permission to operate from PG&E (solar, not main panel) 29 January - After finally passing the main panel inspection, PG&E reconnects my power. The PG&E lineman calls me at work to tell me that the electrical work technically passes code but is janky and I should consider having someone revisit the work. 7 February - Semper Solaris gives me access to their monitoring portal. I find that one of my panels is underperforming and reach out. They initially deny that this is the case. 26 February - After struggling to get anyone to respond to my requests, Semper Solaris agrees that the panel is underperforming, but because the panels were installed in the shadow of an exhaust vent on my roof. They point out that in the summer the sun will be higher and all of my panels will work at that point. 28 February - Earlier in the month I had noticed that my attic was full of debris from the roofing work, including trash from the roofers' lunches. Semper pointed out that debris was allowed in the contract, but agrees to clean up the lunch trash and collect final payment. They are supposed to show up at 8 AM. I wait until 8:30 and go to work after they don’t show up. I mail them a check for the balance and clean the attic myself so I don’t have to deal with them anymore. Some other things: Their salesperson did not go on my roof, inspect my electrical, or enter my attic. I asked how he could prepare my contract without examining those things, but he was insistent that they had done an estimate using special mapping software and I shouldn’t expect any significant changes. They ended up sending me change orders that added up to $5,970. All but $300 (dry rot) of those items were foreseeable and should have been in the initial contract. They either wrote the initial contract incompetently or intentionally planned on adding the change orders later to come in at a lower bid. Because of the borderline criminal dishonesty, I got them to drop the extra charges to $2,240 after a significant amount of back and forth. The salesperson also claimed that I didn’t need to replace my gutters. After the roofers started, they claimed that there was no way to save my existing gutters and cut them off. The roofers, who were subcontractors, offered to work under-the-table and install new gutters without Semper’s involvement for several thousand dollars. I declined. I still don’t have gutters, but that will be another expense that was not accounted for in the initial contract. After the 6 September incident and near the completion of my project this February, I requested to have a veteran-to-veteran conversation with Kelly, the owner. I was denied both times and one of the employees noted that she had, in fact, never met him. Two-stars because in the end, I do have a roof and a solar array. Getting here might have taken a year off my life though.

David Ba Palmdale, CA

I don't like pushy sales people coming to my house so I put it off for a couple years. Rae came, couldn't have made it easier. Not pushy. Our panels are in. We are excited to turn on the system!

Skip Newhall Valencia, CA

Raedene was not only knowledgeable but very attentive and patient in addressing my concerns. And always willing to take the call. I couldn’t be happier with my solar from Semper Solaris.

Resa San Diego, CA

Best company. Best product. Best price. Best options. Thank you Nicole L***. You helped me understand these concepts much better! Several finance options that will enable me to make a good decision.

Maureen P. San Jose, CA

We liked the prices, the panels and company. Once we were scheduled for installation, everything went as planned. Always available for questions or help was our go to rep Brian, thank you.

Etching, Chris Sonoma, CA

We have nothing but high praise for this company. From day 1 to day 60, Brian O. and the whole Semper Solaris crew were on point and communicated everything with us. Grateful for the hard work and stamina.

kareneastcounty El Cajon, CA

Thanks to Geneiveve, Sean, Vinnie, Veronica, Lorrie, & Dexter for our wonderful Solar Project. New Roof and Solar - Our bill was negative $12 the first month... SDG&E owed us money... Start the process today! No regrets!

Randy Hesperia, CA

WOW. Impressed with everything and everyone that works for semper solaris. Blake did a great job helping me make the correct decision to go solar. Great service and warranties.

Mr Thompson Vallejo, CA

Solar system looks good. The panels are performing better then expected and generating a little more power. Semper Solaris and Brian put a plan together and executed it very well. Thanks guys

June Knepher Grants Pass, OR

I just had my solar installed with Robert C and he was truly amazing. His customer service was excellent and he exceeded all of our expectations. Very happy with the installation and looking forward to our solar journey!

Daniel Flores Woodland, CA

Easily the best company around. Brian and the Semper Solaris way was a solid fit. We liked the process, equipment, installation and communication. Thank you for completing the job in a timely fashion.

Candice Brighton Mountain View, CA

We are thankful for the smooth install and communication from Semper Solaris/Brian O. The solar system looks very sleek on the roof and was worth every penny. Will refer to friends and family.

Toni M Temecula, CA

I had a great experience with Semper Solaris. I felt that their customer service was excellent. Kurt V was very professional and helpful. I am happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone interested in solar .

Mike in PS Palm Springs, CA

The entire process was seamless and it was very easy to work with Bob K. The monitoring is easy to use and informative. I could not be happier with the performance of my system.

Mary Parker Murrieta, CA

The system is up and running and we couldn’t be more pleased. Our sales rep Kurt V was wonderful. The customer service is great and the install crews kept my house nice and clean. Thank you Semper Solaris!

Guadalupe Carrillo Jamul, CA

Out of 5 different solar companies that I consulted, SEMPER SOLARIS was the best, Roland O the Sales Rep and the rest of the crews that did the installation were the best and fast, more than I expected

RoFo La Jolla, CA

We met with 5 potential installers. Mark was by far and away the most straightforward. Not a hard sell and the best price of all 5. Looking forward to having Semper install our panels.

Karin L Ignasiak Sacramento, CA

We just completed having a roof and solar installation at our house. This was the worst construction company I have ever dealt with. Their roofing company broke my $500 bird bath. I was also told that when the project was complete we would be reimbursed the first payment since everything took so long. We could not get an answer as to when we would receive the $199. As to when we will actually receive the reimbursement for the birdbath that we hear has been, is anybody's guess. No one seems to talk to one another. My son's installation down the street was even worse. We figured out what the problem was and tried to tell them. They finally saw that their subcontractor installed a meter that was not in compliance with this cities electric company. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next couple of weeks before my son has to start his payment on the system. Knowing him, he will start a claim with the Contractor's License Board. He really feels like he has had to jump through hoops for these people. It seems a real shame because the work that they do seems to be of good quality.

Mark Charlebois San Diego, CA

Anela H was able to answer all my technical questions, and the company was professional, and I liked that they were well established and reputable. The install was done in half a day and the whole process when very smoothly.

james j allen Upland, CA

Very pleased that we selected Semper Solaris for our Solar install. Laura V. our Representative shepherded us though the process without any difficulty. We always knew were we were.

Heriberto Torres Lake Elsinore, CA

So far I am super happy with Semper Solaris. They have done an excellent job and are always calling to ask me if everything is going well. The team is on point and worked at a good pace. Will recommend to all.

Juan San Diego, CA

Fast, efficient, and knowledgeable team. The experience was great and all the stages of the project were completed on time. Michael C. was very responsive to all my questions and concerns during the installation process.

Sheila Peterson Fallbrook, CA

The crews did a great job. Prompt, courteous, informative and timely. The product was what we were looking for. I would recommend them to any of my friends. Thank you Semper Solaris.

Carolyn Whalen San Diego, CA

We had a wonderful experience with Semper Solaris. Everyone involved was very professional, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. We were also kept up to date throughout the entire process. A+!

RICARDO ARICHETA Chula Vista, CA

Mr. John R. is an excellent customer service provider for this company. He contacted me very often to check on the solar installation process. He cares and wants to make sure that each customer is taken care off. Thanks.

scott clements

Almost every client rates Semper Solaris as a 10, yet this article has them as a 5.8. This is BS, probably sponsored by other weaker solar companies. Semper Solaris was awesome to work with, start to finish

Joe Casillas Santa Fe Springs, CA

my wife and I went with Sempra Solaris and couldn't be happier, the install was quick and the work was clean. I've had to call customer a couple of times and they always been polite and addressed my issues immediately. They installed Sunpower panels and Sunpower inverters., the system has worked great. Thanks Sempra Solaris.

William H Loescher Pomona, CA

These folks made the whole process pain free, they took care of all the details. The system has been up and running one year now and we are thrilled with the output of the system. Will use them again if the need arises.

Olga Valladares Chula Vista, CA

Buyer beware! This company is not up front with you! Read any details and documentation provided! At first we thought going with a former military company would b giving back to our country as a federal worker of 38+ years, this company is not it! When first talking to the sales rep, we couldn’t get a straight answer for how many panels we should go with. The sales rep lived in Sacramento and did all the drawings and projections over the phone. . After we settled on 20 panels and a price over 25k, we then financed with Sempre Solaris company of choice Wheelhouse credit Union. I was told I “had “ to finance with one of the 80 companies Semper Solaris used. Yes, they use 80 different companies to finance with. There is no 12/18 month interest free nothing to incentivize the consumer. We went with wheelhouse to find out a lien was put on our property! Wheelhouse will not disclose this information verbally. You have to read the fine print. As soon as we found out we paid the entire loan in cash! And now have to wait up to 30 days to have the lien removed from our home! Be careful and do your homework when working with these two companies. If it doesn’t feel right, there is something shady going on. Please do not contact me Sempre Solaris. I called your office multiple times to no avail. I am not seeking anything other than sharing information for consumers to ask questions up front and for legal loan sharks to be up front when acting like they are doing the consumer, a favor, and don’t realize you just signed collateral to your home off and didn’t even know it, until you read the entire loan document, where it is not clear until you call and ask them what a UCC -1 is! So disappointed

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Olga, we appreciate you sharing your experience. We hold our military values of honesty, integrity, and respect in high regard and aim to provide each customer with a positive experience and top-quality installation. We use a number of financing companies so people with all types of credit and backgrounds have an opportunity to realize their solar dreams. We do want you to feel confident in your choosing Semper Solaris and know that we will stand behind our work and warranties for the life of your solar energy system. Please feel free to call our team at (888) 210-3366 if you should ever need anything. Warmest regards.

Dec. 31st, 2020

ANDREW MCTIGUE Irvine, CA

Semper Solaris, roofing and solar. Well not so fast. 1. All sub contractors 2. payment up front 3..Roofing guys come out, measure and never inspected the Sky light. The Skylight is the reason for the new roof, it leaks. 4. Old roof removal, with no mention to anyone that the skylight is built into the roof. 5 .new roof is installed, no skylight. "would you like to order one now?" um yes for the second time. 6. weeks later skylight arrives and a guy weighing in at 125lbs has my slight to go on the 2 story house. He enlists the help of the pool guy, (Yes I was having my pool cleaned) to get this skylight on the roof. It must weigh 100 pounds. The skylight almost falls off the roof. I have videos. 7. Roof guy can't do the install. 8. Next day, a new guy shows up, can't do the install, it'd not a 20 minute job. Someone will be out on Monday to install. 9. I called and texted a message to the supervisor on Monday, it is now Tuesday after 3, with no response. 10. Semper Solaris sold my name and number to a tax preparer, that called the day Solar was completed.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Andrew, we hold all of our team members to very high standards of honesty, integrity, and quality installations and communications, whether they are in-house or installation partners. It sounds like we did not meet those standards on your project and we will be investigating further. Also, we want to assure you that we do not share nor sell customer information to anyone, ever. The utility company, city building department, and financing company also have installation information as well. We promise that your information is used for your account purposes only, and nothing else. Our team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss the next steps in your project so you can start enjoying your solar, new roof, and skylight again.

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Charles Scott Martinez, CA

We already had solar panels but we wanted a Tesla powerwall for backup . We made the mistake of deciding on Semper Solaris . At first everything went well . We got financing through a credit union they set up for us , Great interest rate no problem there . Then on a Saturday morning my wife got a text that they were coming to install our battery and they would need a check for 9 thousand dollars . When they got here I informed them that they had already been paid . At that point they said they would get it straightened out and be back in a couple of days to install our battery . Over a week went by and no call no nothing . So I called . Explained the situation . I was told they would get back to me the next day . Nothing . A another week went by and I called again . I was told they would get right back to me . Again nothing . I was furious . So I shared my experience in a review and low and behold I received a call the very next day by a very apologetic young lady . She said the earliest they could install was the 21st of December . Then she asked me if I would please remove the review , I told her I would when the job was done . Well I made the mistake of removing the review a day early . Well yesterday I got a call saying their installer had called in sick and they couldn't come out till Saturday . When I told them that wasn't acceptable I got an oh gee we're sorry but that's the best we can do . What I find interesting is that when they thought they were going to get a extra $9,000 from me they sent a crew of 3 out to install . If it wasn't for the fact that they have already received payment from the finance company I would certainly go elsewhere .

Reply from Semper Solaris

Good afternoon Charles, we appreciate you reaching out and sharing your experience. We hold our teams to the highest standards and want to be sure that you get the best service possible. We do hope you can understand why sending a crew member who is sick to your home during a pandemic was not an option. The safety of our customers and our employees is of great importance, especially during the covid pandemic. It looks like we were able to expedite your installation and get a team out to install your system today. We've relayed your review and your concerns to Rebecca and the team and will have her contact you shortly. Wishing you all the best.

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Garret Douglas San Diego, CA

We had our solar panels installed in February and from our very first meeting with Mark I we were very clear that we wanted a system that we could grow into, that is over sized for our needs, and that could eventually enable us to charge an electric vehicle. Shortly after we signed the contract and made a deposit, we received an e-mail stating that we would either need to have an RMA box installed or have our main panel upgraded. The $200 difference was not a factor but Mark recommended we go with the RMA panel, so we went with that option. Firstly, they should have known we needed to upgrade before we even signed a contract as they did an initial inspection and our street has other homes with Semper Solaris installs and the houses are tract and of the same age. We found out in July that we needed another dedicated outlet in our garage to accommodate a new garage door opener. Apparently, we didn't have any space on our panel for even that! After a lot of back and forth with Mark, they have made no attempt to satisfy our needs and so far have only agreed to refund the money for the RMA panel and then we are on our own to get this taken care of! Very unprofessional and that is not acceptable. In speaking to a few neighbors, they all had their panels upgraded and were informed from the beginning that that's what was needed. Bottom line, even though we were very clear about what we wanted they failed to deliver and even after an unexpected additional cost our needs have still not been met, instead they would prefer to brush us off and move on to the next sale. They contacted me after my yelp review and promised to come out to assess the issue. They never came out and have not responded to calls or e-mails.

lee lockett Lynwood, CA

The work and service team were very professional and polite, cleaned up after their selfs. The person who came to my house to pitch his company was dedicated and worked hard to help me with the choose SIMPER SOLARS ! But once I signed that contract they meaning the office staff. Didn't do their jobs, instead of going the Long story today is October 14 2020 my work way completed in February 2020 and I started the project in November2019! How here is the problem, they have not completed the information for me to get my SPIG refund and now wants me to sign it over to them I have emails from A Souza and Nikki and others customer service is the worst On the USA Borders Go somewhere else. P.S. Nikki will lie to you.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Lee, we appreciate you sharing your positive interactions with our sales consultant and installation crew and complimenting their hard work and dedication. We hold honesty, integrity, excellent customer service, and quality installations as our highest standards here at Semper Solaris. We would like to look into your account and your SGIP rebate concerns and see if we can get an update for you. One of our senior support specialists will be contacting you to discuss the details further and find a resolution. Thank you for working with us.

Oct. 15th, 2020

Jelani Tribble San Leandro, CA

3 MONTH job turned into a 10 MONTH NIGHTMARE. I wish I was dreaming. But, I couldn't get any sleep because my lights wouldn't turn off after the back-up battery install. After waiting 5 months for install appointment, turns out workers took short cuts and the electrical wires in the attic were crossed causing a fire hazard, switches and outlets were not working all around the house and my HALLWAY LIGHTS WERE STUCK ON in the brightest setting and wouldn't turn off. Thankfully, Michael sent a real electrician to turn them off that night and I worked with wonderful Zerona to fix the problem over the next few days, reason for the one star. In total, we had to spend 4 consecutive unplanned days in the dark before they could fixed the damage. We had to take food to neighbors home, find friends who would let us work at their home hoping noone had COVID19 (this was May 2020 before testing became available) and caused me to miss deadlines for projects at work. They compensated us a little for the bad experience but then lied and said the work was completed so we would pay for the rest of the work. That was in month 7. When I asked how to operate the system, I found the the utility company had not signed off for us to operate and the inverter didnt work. Nothing happened for a month while Semper Solaris kept blaming the utility company for the delay. So I called the utility and they informed me that Semper Solaris submitted the papers 3 times and each time failed to correct one simple mistake. So I contacted Semper Solaris and told them to stop blaming the utility company for delays and fix their mistake. They fixed it and we got approval in just 2 weeks. But the inverter still didnt work. The first crew came and said the inverter couldnt be fixed so it had to be replaced. A brand new inverter was no good!!! The second crew was scheduled and my family made all these arrangements to leave because we were warned the power would be cut off. THEY DON'T SHOW UP OR CALL until the next couple of days wanting to come but we were out of town. Then we get back into town and it takes a month to get someone out to fix it. It wasn't until I started requesting my money back that they started getting serious about finishing because they know they shouldn't have charged me for a broken, unapproved system in the first place. Well that's about half of the nightmare. I woke up to realize that this company for the most part doesn't value our business so I don't need a reply to this review. Keeping my fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong now that the system works. I had 2 neighbors that were seriously interested in solar but they've seen what we went through and are steering clear of Semper Solaris. I hate that I can't recommend a company that I'm signed up with but I'd feel worse if responsible for someone going through half what we went through.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Jelani, we hold our teams to very high standards of honesty, integrity, customer service, and quality installations. It sounds like we did not meet those standards with your project and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We would like to dive deeper and not only see if we can make it right, but also make sure these issues don't occur in the future. We've shared your review with our team and will be discussing your project further. A customer support specialist will be reaching out to you to also go over the details of your project as well as your review. We appreciate you working with us to find a resolution.

Oct. 7th, 2020

Al San Clemente, CA

I was excited to go solar. I chose Semper Solaris because it is veteran owned, even though their quote was slightly hire than the other two I received. I started this process in September 2019, and finally in mid-July, I had solar panels with a Tesla Power Wall, The number of missteps and mistakes by Semper Solaris are too many to outline here. Showing up without notice, not showing up when I took days off, not doing things to code the first time, etc. etc. The fact that I was specific about what I needed to have back up power for when my power goes out (critical load, I think they call this) and the fact that only my fridge and some hall lights work when there's a black out is not what I asked for (I've had three blackouts since this was installed). The techs they sent to set this up the first time tried, but their cell phones to communicate didn't get signal here and the yelling back-and-forth to verify if a circuit was on didn't do the job either. Plus, yelling back-and-forth is not professional and totally disruptive when I was trying to teach from home. Equip these guys with some walkies, for goodness sake! I have been trying to get someone out here to fix it. I'm teaching from home, so I can't be without power while they figure things out until 2:30. Well, I'm told they can't come after 2:30 because the work they have to do would run past their regular work hours. This was too much! My system is costing me about $36,000 and they can't stay past 4:30 to do their jobs correctly? Plus, I'm paying more for the panels in addition to what I'm still paying SDG& E than I ever did for a normal monthly electric bill. If you must go solar, just choose another company. My regrets about going solar and for choosing Semper Solaris are so huge. I kick myself every day.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Al, our goal is to provide excellent service along with top-notch installations in a timely manner, making things easier and more efficient for the customer and saving you money once your system is operational. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and want to assure you that we will be taking care of this. We would like to have a look at your project and see what we can do to get it completed as quickly as possible. We do need a bit more information to locate your account and get moving, so we've sent you a private message requesting your details. Please reply at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Sep. 12th, 2020

Jeff Kaye Granada Hills, CA

Was having a problem with them staying on top of problems I was having. It took a negative review to wake them up and get it taken care of. Leilua was a terrific help in getting this mess taken care of.

Jacob Bruun-Jensen Saratoga, CA

In October, we contracted Semper Solaris to install a Tesla Powerwall 2 at our home. We provided them with all the requested information, access to the property for the design team, and timely sign-off. On February 28, we had an appointment for the installation of the Tesla Powerwall unit. The crew showed up, and after about 30 min of measuring informed us, it was not possible to install the Powerwall where they had recommended it. The team then left again with no further information. Since then, we had no communication from Semper Solaris. We contacted the Sales Rep, Roy S, and our Customer Support Rep, Stephanie M, by email on March 12 but heard nothing. No information, no calls, nothing. We then informed them we were going to cancel the order with immediate effect, and finally heard from another person from Customer Support, Lei‑lua W. However, at this point, we had lost complete confidence in Semper Solaris and their ability to do the work. To say we were disappointed with the service received from Semper Solaris is an understatement. If their values are loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage, I think they have not lived up to these values on this job. They get one star for actually refunding us our entire deposit

Reply from Semper Solaris

HI Jacob, Hi Jacob, we aim to provide each customer with a top-notch installation and superior customer service from beginning to end. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we are looking into your situation and see if there is anything we can do to make it doesn't happen in the future. Wishing you all the best.

Apr. 7th, 2020

Daniel Przybylski Vacaville, CA

A friend who claimed a good experience recommended Semper Solaris. After talking with the sales man who I found rather rambling and confusing as he couldn't seem to make a meaningful presentation, we made a deal and got financing. We were given an install date for almost five months later blaming the wait on PG&E and then when the date came, they forgot about it. We have missed any chance for a tax credit. Our financing agreement has expired. And now that we are trying to cancel our agreement, we can't even get them to call us back. It has been a while since I have dealt with a company which is so inept at the basic courtesies and responsibilities of customer management. Since cancelling with them, someone from Semper Solaris gave us a call claiming that changes have been made to avoid this kind of service in the future. It turned out however that he was just calling to ask us to take down this review. Good reviews are earned, Semper Solaris. We have gone solar, but with another company. See my other reviews.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Daniel, Our goal is to install our customer's projects as quickly as possible while keeping the integrity and quality of the work at a top-notch level. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we have been trying to work with you to sort out the confusion. Our team has reached out a few times, spoke with your wife, ans left voicemails and emails asking you to call us back. We would truly like to make this right. Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience and we will do everything we can. Thank you for working with us.

Mar. 23rd, 2020

MWolff Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

This the WORST company that I have ever dealt with. Nothing but lies, lack of communication, delays, excuses. We have been trying to get our solar up and running for 6 months. We signed our contract 6 months ago. We gave them a HUGE check 5 months ago and today we hit yet another snag with inspection. As usual, their stall techniques, lack of doing what should have been done has caused yet another delay. Our biggest mistake is selecting this company over Sullivan and others who our neighbors chose at the same time we made our bad decision. It is even more frustrating to know that they have had solar for months and our house has a bunch of useless panels that are not in use due to Semper Solaris incompetency. If I had the money, I would start over with a company that tells you the truth, keeps their promises and gets the results without months of frustration, headaches and stall tactics. My best advice to anyone considering this company is DONT make the mistake we did.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Michele, we are truly sorry that your project has not gone as smoothly as it should have, and we want to make this right for you. From your reviews, we were able to tell which customer you are, locate your account, and have had the team take the next steps in getting your system up and running. Please continue to work directly with your customer support specialist, you are in very good hands with him, and you can be sure your project with be well taken care of until the end. Thank you again for working with us.

Feb. 23rd, 2020