Semper Solaris

7.2

C.W. Lancaster, CA

My husband is a former Marine and we wanted to support a veterans owned company. Also we had friends who referred us. I am so beyond disappointed in this company. If I could give no stars I would. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THE PROCESS is horrible. We started this process just under three months ago and we still have no solar installed. I have called a number of times and am being told "its the permits" and "the permits had to be re-submitted". But no one will tell me why they had to be re-submitted. I have had other contractors working on my yard for a pool and patio who all had to pull permits and started weeks after we started this solar process and the entire pool project will be done in a week! Yet still no solar! Solar is blaming it on permits, yet all my other contractors had no issues getting permits in a timely fashion. The only good thing I have to say is that the field rep who came out was nice and beyond helpful and is an asset to the company. The people in a ll the departments are nice, but undertrained, and cant really help or give answers. As we got docs sent to us from the various departments the doc u sign was incorrect. They were not sending it to correct emails for signatures, they had both our names as one entire signature. Our names on the contracts were incorrect. I had to ask a number of times for all of that to be corrected. It took alot of time and effort on my part. Information from department to department was different. The amount of calls from the loan part to reverify the same thing over and over is super excessive. I have called to speak to a manager and they say the manager is busy with the business, that they will call back. I have never gotten a call back. So I guess their customers are not a priority in their business. We are just about 3 months in and no solar. And our loan for the solar funded weeks ago. If I could cancel I would .

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Cassie, We appreciate your husband's service and want to take care of those who have served and sacrificed for our country. We apologize for the delayed installation and the hold up with the permitting. Unfortunately getting solar permitting is a bit different than that for a pool or patio, with more moving pieces. With that said, I am not sure why your solar permits had to be resubmitted. I would like to look into your account, check the status, and see if we can expedite the process. We will also look into the docusign and contract account information to make sure that all of your contact information is correct as well. We appreciate you complimenting our field rep and including a positive within your review. We will work our darnedest to make this right for you and your husband.

Dec. 19th, 2019

Unhappy customer Poway, CA

This company is outrageously unprofessional. We got our solar through them. First their quote was incorrect and was severely underestimated. We ended up spending nearly $10k more than originally quoted. Next they inspected our roof. They showed up unannounced and we had to bend over backwards to get them access to our house. When they finished the inspection,They said the inspection was good with no issues. Then AGAIN, they showed up unannounced to install the solar. Again, we bent over backwards to give them access. After going up on the roof, the installers said our roof couldn’t be installed on. They missed it in the inspection. So, we had to have our roof repaired before we could install the solar. Again, repairmen for the roof came UNANNOUNCED. When they worked on our roof they left debris all over our yard. We are still finding nails, screws and other rusty items all over our yard where our toddler plays. Ok, now the roof is fixed, installing solar should be scheduled right? Wrong, they show up AGAIN unannounced to install. Each day the installers said I would get an explanation of what was being done and how to operate our system. Nope, zero explanation. Then, AGAIN, Semper Solaris shows up unannounced requesting to inspect the solar so the city can approve it. Again, we allow them to inspect. (They acted as if we were outrageous for wanting them to schedule these appointments so we would be able to be home when these people had access to our garage and roof). So, now we have gotten our solar approved by the city and SDGE to operate our panels and battery but we have no idea how it works, how to turn it on and what things do what... so, we have solar that we paid nearly $40k for that we can’t operate because Semper doesn’t know how to do their jobs. I completely regret ever ever ever going with them. When we complained, they said the reason all this was happening was because they were really overwhelmed with installations and couldn’t manage them all. Be cautious. This company will take your money and not provide any support, professionalism, or courtesy. As of now, we have no idea if our solar even functions...

MPC Huntington Beach, CA

I am so extremely frustrated with Semper Solaris and sincerely regret choosing them for our solar company. The experience with them has been negative from the get-go. There is zero communication between the office and us, paperwork just sits for a month without any kind of response, my husband's email from last week is still unanswered, and I have no idea when the electricians will return to complete the project. They just randomly show up; we have now had three different people installing our power wall (as far as I can tell, the second person undid some of the work the first person did), the city inspector showed up one day (no one told me) when I wasn't home and therefore couldn't complete the inspection. This has been one giant mess and I have never in my life worked with such an unprofessional organization.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi MPC, thank you for sharing, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having communication issues with our team. We hold our team to very high standards of honesty, integrity, quality service and installations, customer service included. I'd like to look into your account and see what has happened, and get you taken care of. I've sent you a private message to get more information, please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Sep. 4th, 2019

Dennis Kuehl Napa, CA

Do not contract with this company, I did and it was a terrible mistake. I am a veteran, this company prides itself on taking care of all veterans who do business with them, but it is not what they delivered. Brian was the sales associate who came to my home and outlined what they could do for my home. He seemed like he cared about concerns, but after I signed, he disappeared completely. Failed to answer my questions about financing, didn't understand what the finance companies terms were. He suggested to wait until Thanksgiving was over and get back in touch. I sent e-mails to him and he never got back to me. A week later after sending another e-mail I finally heard from him, by e-mail. I finally realized that the customer service through this company is horrible. I finally called him to tell him to stop all work on 11/30. It is 12/10 and have not heard from anyone at Semper Solaris, and thats after contacting the main office in Hayward twice! Finally on Dec. 19 I received a call from their call center apologizing for their poor customer service and a promise to refund my initial deposit, but I never heard from anyone in management, very strange! The founders of Semper Solaris I think would be embarrassed by the in-actions of the Hayward office. If you are thinking of spending thousands of your hard working dollars on solar to improve your home, save money, and to go green, do not go with Semper Solaris. Customer service is the key for anyone trying to have work done on their home, and this company is a zero on taking care of clients, especially a veteran. My suggestion would be to go with any other company, they have to be better than Semper Solaris. Hope this helps you make a solid decision, don't make the same mistake I did!

Pete C. Ventura, CA

The job took roughly 7 mos. Semper lost the plans to my job. They had to move the panel 2x. NO communication AT ALL! To turn the system on, I had to look it up on youtube because Semper wouldn't call me back. they're still not completely done. They had to fill a bunch of holes on the side of my house with caulking because of moving the panel then moving it again. just wiating for them to come back and paint the holes. Also, the roofers left a bunch of extra shingles and metal after I asked them to take it with them. Overall, semper solaris Bakersfield (Jay L.) has the absolute worst customer service! I only hired them because Im a USMC Veteran and there military ethos. Big mistake hiring semper solaris!

Loui

I had a good experience with Anela the sales person who was good at explaining everything. Anela was also prompt in communication. The installation went smooth and we are enjoying the solar panels

Ron Denney Santee, CA

Simply put our experience with Semper couldn’t have been better. Great customer service and quality workmanship. Our consultant Bernie T was fantastic. Go with Semper.

Michael ascencio Valencia, CA

Our salesman Ron was very informative and very knowledgeable. He worked hard to meet our goals along with meeting Semper goals. We would highly recommend this company.

Lafaiol Santa Clarita, CA

Semper solarice was great to work with. Their representative Ron is a great person to work with. He explains things so that you understand the entire process. Thanks Ron

Charles Pruitt Yucca Valley, CA

I would not recommend Semper Solaris for solar as their customer service is horrible. The salesman will say anything but once you sign that contract they stop treating you like a valued customer. Be careful about trusting/reading reviews, especially on social media, as they will delete anything negative then block users from posting their experience with the company. Company is actively removing negative information about their company to make them seem better than they actually are. I went with Semper based on their online reviews almost all of which were positive. As a veteran and family of vets, I liked the idea of a company that works with military/ex-military although this just seems to be a marketing ploy as they didn’t work well with this vet. They heavily advertise as military/veteran oriented but their company values and work ethic are far from anything taught in the military. The salesman was nice and worked with me in getting the system setup and designed. Once I signed the contract, the communication from Semper basically stopped. I was assigned a project manager that would not respond to anything. I asked a question regarding placement of panels that differed from the original layout provided (panels are set under a tree so they get shade for a few extra hours a day). The project manager never responded. After not hearing back I contacted the salesman regarding the change. She stated that she reviewed it with the engineers and the placement wouldn’t change the output of the system (this was a lie as the output from those panels are about 20% less than similarly positioned panels) The project moved slowly from there with my only contact being an occasional generic email from a random person at Semper that wasn’t specific to my project. At this point I sent complaint regarding the lack of communication to their headquarters staff. After my complaint to HQ I finally received a call to inform me when they were going to be installing (not to schedule a time that worked for me, they just told me when they were coming). Based on the timing and the attitude I got from the representative, I believe I only got this call because of the complaint. Otherwise my project might still be sitting around waiting for someone to work on it. Install went okay and the crew got most everything done the first day. One tech did come out the following day to finish up. He wasn’t able to get the system activated and said he would have to come out the next day. He never showed up or called. I called customer service to follow up and the representative said they would find out what was going on and call me back. They never did. Tried to call the project manager but I was never given her contact information. Got hold of a rep via email and she called me back. Relayed the information to her and she said she would look into it and call me back. She never did call back and the tech never showed up. After a few days of not hearing back from anyone I finally got a call from someone that said the issue was likely as bad invertor and that they would have a tech out to check everything and that they would be bringing a spare invertor. Tech showed up and did not bring the replacement inverter (I guess they don’t communicate internally either). He did return and got the invertor installed and the system working. That wasn’t the end of my horrible ordeal with Semper. The final stage was setting up system monitoring. Spent the next 2 weeks trying to get the information so I could set this up. I even had the manager of the local branch in the emails but no one ever responded. After receiving no response I was able to get a number for the monitoring department. The tech informed me that there was an issue with the internet signal. I informed them that this was an issue with my ISP and that I had a call in to them. He then informed me that they would send a tech out. I asked why they needed to send a tech when the issue was on my end. When the tech showed up I told him that the issue was with my ISP not them and that I wasn’t sure why he was there. He was able to get the monitoring setup for my system. For the cost of solar you would think that the company would try and work with their customer and try to communicate with them. I guess once the contract is signed they know they can’t back out so they just ignore their customers and work at your own pace. As most solar companies offer panels from the same manufactures the only real difference is customer service. You are also stuck with the same company for 25 years since they cover the warranties. Everyone should do their research and find a company that ACTUALLY want’s your business and won’t just ignore you once they have your money. Semper’s prices were higher than most competitors and I was hoping this would reflect in better service which they most defiantly do not give.

Gary Mason San Jose, CA

I have had my panels running for over 2 years, no problems at all. The local utility company blocked going online by changing the rules, but Semper made it right.

Shirley Bentley Murrieta, CA

The process of installing my solar panels was relitively seamless. Billie Y. and Jim J. were very helpful in answering questions and overseeing the project. Thanks guys.

Kim Payette Vista, CA

Easy process because all the reps are readily available to answer questions and walk you thru the process. They worked around our schedule and it was convenient.

Steve Lyon El Cajon, CA

Great experience having solar installed by Semper Solaris. Well organized and efficient. John R. Kept me well informed and was responsive to my questions

Richard Nester Sun City, CA

I just purchased my second system from Semper Solaris. I have been extremely happy with the installation and performance so far. Salesman Hayden N is the best!

Louie Anaya San Jose, CA

A complete nightmare! I now have a lean on my home, may not be eligible for the 26% tax credit because I get a rebate at the end of the year and am going to be paying a solar bill and pg&e bill until my system can go online. Not the way I wanted to start my new year. Learn from my expensive mistake and don't put your family in jeopardy with these people. Dirty rotten slimy weezles.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Louie, the terms of the SGIP rebate are set by the state of California, not by Semper Solaris. If certain SGIP rebates are chosen, it may affect the eligibility to take the ITC federal tax credit as well. Also, every utility customer is responsible to pay their electric bill leading up to installation and Permission to Operate from the utility company, and will continue to be responsible for the true-up bill at the end of their true-up year. We would like to discuss your project and terms, help clarify any misunderstandings, and also get you prepared for your future with a solar energy system. Our team will be contacting you to go over the details. Wishing you all the best.

Dec. 23rd, 2020

Jeff kaye Granada Hills, CA

Purchased solar system and everything went well till I had a problem. They dont return calls and when they finally did they said they would look into the problem and call me back within 2 days. Still waiting after a week.will not answer my emails. Originally said the problem was a micro inverter that had to be replaced. They told me they ordered the parts and keep me informed of the status It's been 7 weeks and not a word. Beware.......

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Jeff, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value our customers and want to take care of you and your system. I was able to locate your account and will be sending your review and message to our team to get an update of the replacement warranty parts. Someone will be in contact with you with an update so we can get your system back up and running optimally.

Jun. 15th, 2020

BMorton San Marcos, CA

I worked closely with Nicole L who answered all of my questions and made feel at ease with my decision Great customer experience

Matthew San Diego, CA

As a former Marine I am proud to support a veteran owned company. They offered us a $500 military discount. Thanks to Nicole for all her help.

Eileen Lauro Levine Escondido, CA

Met with Mike . He is really friendly. Educated me on options for battery . I I will be contacting him in the future if I need any help .

John San Diego, CA

Very professional and competitive pricing. Special shout out to Nicole and Chase, they provided awesome customer service and support.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi John, thank you for this 5 star review! We're proud to have Nicole and Chase on our Semper Solaris team and are thrilled they provided you with awesome customer service. Congratulations on going solar with Semper Solaris!

Jun. 26th, 2019

VR San Jose, CA

Saving money every month since we have solar. Semper Solaris setup the system with help from Brian. We are very satisfied customer with everything.

Pam Trovatten Corona, CA

Semper Solaris was great to work with. They sent Kurt V out and he was very knowledgeable. I highly recommend calling them.

Kim Harris White Water, CA

Only positive things to say about Blake L and Semper Solaris. They worked really hard to please me on my new solar installation.

Russell Parker Ione, CA

I purchased a system from Semper Solaris in 2017 and deeply regret it. Read your contract (watch out for the Arbitration Clause!) carefully and make sure you have everything in writing. Make no assumptions and take notes of every question you ask your sales rep. Write down their answers and have them sign it. Might help save you a year of back and forth ending with a unilateral: "...this matter is closed and there is no further need for correspondence on this matter...".

Ronnie Lewis San Diego, CA

Awesome staff. Delivered as promised in a very timely manner. I was kept advised of every single step along the way. Job well done!

Pierre Los Angeles, CA

It's easy, all went perfect. Amazing project management, best panel on the market (made in USA!), great installation! Cannot be better

ChatQ San Diego, CA

Provided very detailed explanation on what we need and always promptly respond to questions when needed.

WILLIAM REYNOLDS San Diego, CA

100% rewarding, in every aspect of the decision to install solar!! From sales through installation, the absolute best!!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi William, we're thrilled to hear that you're 100% happy with your decision to go solar with Semper Solaris! We appreciate you sharing that you experience was the absolute best, from sales through installation. We will continue to be here with exceptional service for the lifetime of your solar energy system!

Nov. 18th, 2020

Raphael Mendoza Belvedere Tiburon, CA

Worst customer experience. This company is now 6 months overdue on my installation project. Its been 9 months since I first signed the contract. Response times are poor to non-existent which includes the 2 founders when I tried to escalate. I will be seeking cancellation with legal support.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Raphael, we aim for quick installations and superior customer service and it seems with the shelter in place order, plus scheduling conflicts and inclement weather during our initial install, we did not meet those speedy standards with your project. Our team will be reaching out to discuss the details of your project and see what we can do to get your system installed quickly. Thank you for understanding and working with us.

Jul. 1st, 2020

Chad mojica Chula Vista, CA

Great customer service and helpful with all questions. Gave us an honest evalution and Nicole didn't oversell us.

CiCi Corona, CA

Great company. Call them and be sure to ask for Kurt V. He kowns his stuff and you can trust him. Install looks great.

Tristan Chula Vista, CA

Rhami H was professional, very detailed, and provided me the best pricing based on my income. Highly recommended!

Dean Lancaster, CA

Raedene was awesome! She answered all my questions and listened to everything I wanted. Yes, to Semper Solaris!

Teresa Nolan Twentynine Palms, CA

If you decide to hire this company trust nothing that is said to you. Spend hours upon hours being your own advocate. Document, save emails, text messages and pictures. Get to know your city inspector. Check business licenses of everyone and anyone that steps onto your property.

Jeff

These guys were outstanding from beginning to end. Never had a concern and everything got done without any issues.

Rebekah San Diego, CA

Love the local features & veteran support. Thanks for answering all my questions Nicole!

Ryan San Diego, CA

friendly and professional service. great value. Genevieve and team are easy to work with.

George Santee, CA

Great job from start to finish. Genevieve was very knowledgeable and helpful in this process.

Jessica Lancaster, CA

They gave a great detailed quote and were always available to answer any questions

Gary Ford Escondido, CA

All work done on time and in a professional manner. These guys are great to work with.

Stephanie Perkins Abington, PA

Love this company, the product, the people who assisted us through the process....

MP SD San Diego, CA

Semper Solaris installed a new roof and solar panel system at our home. We are very happy with the results, roof and solar system operation. Genevieve was our main contact person and did a great job from initial visit with options information, communication follow up during the project phases to final details. Genevieve is very pleasant, knowledgeable and diligent. Semper performed a quality job, with competitive pricing, executed on time and professionally. It was a pleasure to get our roof & PV system done with Genevieve's help. Kudos to the Semper team including Veronica, Billie and Miguel.

C Courser Escondido, CA

Anela is the best! A++++++++++++++++ rating highly recommended!

Stephen Robbins

Honest customer service. System has met my expectations for over two years.

Dan Denley Poway, CA

I worked Nicole L from Semper Solaris to get our solar system designed, quoted, installed. She met with me to go over all the details, helped secure excellent financing through local credit union, and was there every step of the way. The on-site crew were some tough looking pipe-hitters. But they were respectful, courteous, and efficient. My instal was 40+ panels and they were done in about 48 hours. I was impressed. If you’re looking for solar, stop your research and just hire these folks. They are veteran-owned and run a tight operation. They are consummate professionals. Highly recommend.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow Dan, thank you for taking the time to support our veteran-owned company and writing this wonderful review. We truly value Nicole here at Semper Solaris, and are happy to hear you compliment her superior service throughout your project. We also appreciate you singing the praises of our install team. Even though they may not be wearing button-ups and blazers, they are our heavy-hitters, getting projects completed like rock stars. Thank you again for the support, Dan. We hope you enjoy the sunny days ahead!

Mar. 11th, 2020

Deborah Brookshier El Cajon, CA

Nicole L listened to my questions and concerns. She is amazing to work with.

Marge H. San Rafael, CA

After moving to the bay area, my roof began to leak which was a terrible pain in the neck. My electric bill wasn't that high but quite a few people in the neighborhood have solar so I started to research a few companies. I came across a veteran owned company and my husband served in the Marines. The young man who came by my place is named Nicholas A. He was very informative and knew what he was talking about. After meeting with him twice, I decided to go forward with them. I have a brand new roof and solar system which seems to be working out a lot better than what I had before. No more leaks.

Mehdi Leiaghat Sunland, CA

Very happy with whole procedure and recommend them highly.

Charles M Hawley Solana Beach, CA

Delivered as promised and followup was terrific dealing with SDG&E problems.