Natural Energy USA Logo

Natural Energy USA

6.0

Founded in 1977 by Ted Mount, Natural Energy USA is headquartered in San Marcos, California, and provides solar services to residents of California and Nevada. The company's goal is to promote the use of solar energy, decrease the nation's dependence on foreign energy, improve the environment, and benefit its customers.

For more than 40 years, Natural Energy USA has been designing and installing solar systems that can withstand the unique Southern California climate. The company only uses materials that will make your system produce the maximum amount of energy for the longest possible time.

Natural Energy USA has 40+ years of experience and over 30,000 customers. The company is a registered, family-owned and operated Solar Contractor that is involved in the entire process, including planning, financing, and designing.

The Good

• Flexible Pricing Plans
  • Excellent Customer Service
  • Quality Solar Equipment

Flexible Pricing Plans

Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of going solar with Natural Energy USA is its flexible pricing plans. Not only does the company offer four different payment options (outright purchase, loan, lease, and PPA), but there are also a variety of contract lengths to choose from. While many other solar companies lock their customers into a 20-year contract, it's nice that Natural Energy offers something less rigid. With Natural Energy USA, the payment method truly is tailored to each individual and their needs.

Excellent Customer Service

The customer service at Natural Energy USA is worth mentioning as well. The company provides plenty of ways for customers to get help or information from a live representative, including phone, email, live chat, and in person. Natural Energy's reps are readily available and very helpful when it comes to providing service, which makes the solar process much less stressful.

Quality Solar Equipment

Natural Energy USA installs American-made solar panels that are made to withstand all types of weather. Additionally, the company completes every aspect of the installation in-house, rather than hiring subcontractors. This means that each customer's experience should be consistent with the service they enjoyed upon purchasing the system.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Natural Energy USA only operates in parts California and Nevada. Although being a local provider has its own advantages, it also greatly limits the number of customers who have the ability to do business with the company.

The Bottom Line

Natural Energy USA is a well-established company with more than 40 years of experience. The company offers flexible payment options, quality solar equipment, and excellent customer service. However, the company's services are only available to residents of California and Nevada.

View Best Solar Companies

3.1

Dt C Fallbrook, CA

Apparently, Natural Energy USA installed the solar system on the house I purchased. Try calling any of their numbers, and the call will get routed around to the vary same answering device. I've been attempting to get a simple Solar Array Mapping for the Enphase monitoring device. No response. Filled a BBB complaint, and Natural Energy USA used baloney excuse the I'm not the original owner and all documentation was turned over at the install. So, basically, they keep no documentation of their work, and won't assist in documenting any thing they had installed previously. from the other reviews, it appears this company operates as a front for poor work and lacks any customer support system. STAY AWAY From Natural Energy USA

Dennis & Elizabeth

They are an outstanding company. I had a system installed ten years ago an they're still coming to take care of issues when they come up. The installation was smooth. They were cognizant of neighbors and didn't start early in the morning. They didn't make too much noise and make sure not to disturb neighbors. They have the best price for the equipment I got. Customer support is knowledgeable, experienced, and capable. Their attention to detail and follow up makes me happy. I'm very pleased!

Julius Beretta

Solar Panels were installed in 2013. No complaints with installation as well as products. However once the installation was completed and after a few years, communication with Natural Energy USA was difficult. Do they have a real store front? Telephone number only takes messages and it is very hard to get to talk to a real person.

Mark

I would recommend them to anybody. They are always there to answer questions. They come out and do the job right. It was put up smoothly and fast. I haven’t had any issues with the equipment.

Kendall & Alice

Installation was flawless. It was perfect. I haven’t had any problems with it at all. It is difficult to get in touch with them if you want to update things or have things done.

Brian & Amy

It produces more energy than the ones made in the US. Installation was great. They were on time and efficient and clean. After I have had issues. They were great when I was a potential customer but they don’t want to talk to me now. I’ve called several times for adding panels and getting things done but they never call me back.

Francois Laurent Poway, CA

The preparation and install were great. The system works BUT I was given temporary monitoring device. Was told I would get a wireless device but never got it. Company really difficult to get a hold of once panels were installed.

Ernst

Natural Energy installed our solar power system in 2012 and we have generated more electrical power that we consumed since then. The system has payed for itself.

Ramin Moshiri

They installed Solar panels for my pool 20 years ago, and Electric panels few years back. They did a clean job and were quick in 2 service calls I made.

Jack & Carolyn

I went with them because they had the best price. The installation went fine and was pretty quick. Overall, I've had a positive experience with them.

Barbara

I haven't heard from this company for about a year after I made an inquiry, I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me on that. The installation was quick and easy.

William

Natural Energy USA helped me cut back on my electric bill. The installation was done two different times. They were very good, honest, and done professionally.

Once the salesman left my home, I have not gotten any support from them. I had a problem with STGE and getting their approval and Natural Energy USA was supposed to fix it but they wanted me to do it and I did not know what I was doing. It did work out eventually but it was very negative.

Lee Powell

Customer support never answers their phone or call you back when you have problems. Other than that I am happy with them. It was installed smoothly. I have had good results with my bills. I just wish they would answer their phone.

Craig Redlands, CA

They did a good job installing out solar panels, but when we later approached to all backup battery for the system they ignored us. We had to go directly to the manufactures to find an instillation company that would talk to use

charles Kraft

Everything sort of worked, except the reporting system only occasionally. I already recommended you to someone I know who is looking for solar.

Susan

Natural Energy installed our solar panels 7 years ago. We have had no issues whatsoever, and they continue to save us money each year.

Joellen

Natural Energy were the ones who had the financing we needed. They are telling the truth, it has been positive working with them.

Lee

Overall they are good. It does take a little bit to get to them. Installation went very well. The installers they get to do the job are very great and it looks very neat.

Sherri & Rafik

My system is not generating enough energy. They told me it was because my circuit broke but they never sent someone out to fix it and when they did we ended up with a twelve hundred dollar electric bill. They continue to not check the system to make sure it is generating what they told me. The panels they sold me have a monitoring system but I can no longer monitor and there is no replacement.

Andre

So far so good. I’ve had it five years. It’s a good company. They’re prompt and get the service done relatively quickly and safely.

P. Wisely Escondido, CA

They were verbally abusive, threatening and completely unprofessional. It took months and months to install the panels. They caused damage to our home and water damage occurred resulting in replacing our ceiling and partial roof. They are a subcontractor to the company from which we got our panels and we were completely disappointed.

Very very poor.... holes in the roof, paid off my solar and had a receipt, they still called over and over on and off for a few years after losing their records, claiming I hadn't paid.... Each time I had to show them a physical receipt. Terrible business. Do not recommend!

Scott Kinney

I'm happy with the solar panels. The Hayward variable speed pool pump, however, was a lemon that had to be replaced. It was a costly waste of money.

Nate Hoffman

Garbage. A sham company ran and operated by liars. Operated and service performed by untalented and ignorant fools. No followup on customer service. No following along and maintaining the system as promised. Total shithole sad excuse of a company.

Mitch & Paige

Everything has been good. Everything they said they would do, they’ve done. They put it in in two days time.

Brett & Kyong

It's really problem free. They have been pretty responsive to any question we have. It has gone well.

William & Sharon

This company is kind of a mixed bag. We have had to have some things replaced on it and it is most of the time impossible to get a hold of them.

Dhruvisha & Meenesh

I have to reach out to customer service several times to get an appointment but other than that they are fine and efficient.

James & Brenda

We never really have any issues. It has been an excellent investment. It does not seem to break down.

Calvin

They’re pretty good at what they do. They did a pretty good job installing it and it has been working. It was very convenient.

Bac

Good system. Good service. Customer service is easy to contact. Everything is going well but we do get a leak every season we have rain.

Enriqueta & Ronald

Equipment is good but it is really hard to get a hold of them to get any work done if it is needed. They set the stuff up and then I haven’t heard from them in a while. I am not happy that there is no follow up.

Richard A Kaniasty

Temecula Solar customer of Natural Energy USA since 12/10/2013. After a slow start of a few glitches and mainly delayed city inspections, On line and producing electricity at 100% since 4/17/2014 . All is well and works very well. I can see all panels working on line. No problems with customer service, Hero Loan stinks due to early repayment penalties. Electric bills very low . RAK 3/5/2018

Anthony Buccola Thousand Oaks, CA

I had a very positive experience from beginning to end with Narural Energy. Knowledgable and honest sales person. Competent and friendly installers. Fast and clean installation of 50 panels. Very competitive price and high quality equipment. After two and a half years, I think it's one of the best investments i have ever made. My SCE bills are zero or they owe me money. I refrerred them to an engineer friend and he was also very happy.

Jane Baca Poway, CA

I had an issue with my pool solar leaking into my roof. I called and they sent out a project manager to assess the problem. Then they sent a supervisor named Arturo who removed the pool panels so they could repair the roof. After the job was finished, Arturo did a tune-up on our pool solar system. This past winter we had a major down poor of rain. I am happy to say they fixed the problem. I have recommended this company to friends & neighbors. Who have used them and recommended to their friends & family. This company is not Perfect but they try to do the Right thing. Jane B.

Sharon Fallbrook, CA

My husband and I selected Natural Energy after investigating other companies primarily because of their longevity in this business. They were competitive in price and offered the latest technology. It has saved us a tremendous amount of money that had been spent on electricity in the past. Their service representative was very responsive to any questions we had. I have also referred them to two other families who had Natural Energy install their solar system.

John Hasch Temecula, CA

Because they sold company out. We sold out house and the close was delayed by a few weeks because new company was not ready for turnover from nrg

ayse

the solar works well, the telephone service is patient and capable but I wasn't told all the details when buying

Joyce & Bill

It is really beneficial that you can add on to it if you need to. It is great and the best deal.

Jacqu Hart

They have amazing customer service years after installing solar!

Ronald Larsen

Great customer service, made it easy to get my solar panels.

Michael Seeger

Great customer service! They were very responsive and pleasant to work with

Cynthia Lacy San Diego, CA

I have never been able to access my account to see the actual energy generated and have received no help from the company to do so.

Kirk Bennett

They did everything they promised and it was all done on time.

Patricia Hedges

Good company, poor customer service.. have been trying to reach them for over two years.

kirk wasson

honest, integrity, good prices. Very upfront in all aspects of the job.

Brenda

Great company to work with! They say what they will do and they do it!

Linda

Always dependable since day1. This is how I write please take it or leave it

Susan

The price is good. I haven’t had any problems with it. It was put in quickly.