Moxie Solar

8.2

LAST UPDATED: January 1st, 2022

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found MOXIE to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about MOXIE, as well as view MOXIE reviews from real customers

With humble beginnings in America’s Heartland, MOXIE Solar has quickly grown to serve multiple states across the nation, including the following:

• Iowa
  • Illinois
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin

The company has successfully completed more than 1,500 installations and is a leading provider of solar energy solutions for commercial, residential, and agricultural applications. MOXIE Solar has discounted solar programs for healthcare professionals, military members, and first responders.

The Good

• Free Consultations
  • High-Quality Equipment
  • Weekly Monitoring
  • Trained Professionals
  • Customer Care Team
  • 5-Star Guarantee
  • Rapid Installation
  • Industry Awards and Partnerships

Free Consultations

MOXIE Solar offers free consultations both virtually an in-person for potential customers. During the consultation, the company will design a customized system, go over financing options, and provide information about available incentives. One of the company's sales agents will also provide an overview of the installation process.

High-Quality Equipment

MOXIE Solar offers a variety of industry-leading solar equipment options from respected manufacturers. The company can customize both roof-mount and ground-mount solar panels, as well as monocrystalline or polycrystalline panels, with help from its team of dedicated solar engineers. Panel brands that MOXIE Solar installs include Q-Cells, AXITEC, Mission Solar, LG, and Panasonic. Inverter brands that MOXIE Solar offers include SolarEdge, Enphase, and Solectria.

Weekly Monitoring

MOXIE’s experts will monitor your solar system on a weekly basis and compare the results to what your energy production number should be. If anything is off, MOXIE will look into the problem and fix it.

Trained Professionals

MOXIE Solar's team is comprised of NABCEP certified professionals and electrical and structural engineers, and the company is dedicated to the safety and quality of its work. MOXIE Solar's dedicated project managers provide attention to detail and ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget, and up to industry standards.

Customer Care Team

Throughout the entire installation process, MOXIE assigns a project coordinator to each client. The project coordinator is responsible for keeping clients in the loop on project progress and answering any questions.

Once the solar system is activated, customers can call MOXIE’s customer care team or fill out a service request form if there are any additional questions or concerns.

5-Star Guarantee

MOXIE Solar offers a 5-Star Guarantee, which encompasses a variety of factors from workmanship to monitoring. After installation, the company will continue to proactively monitor each system for the customer, looking out for potential issues and ensuring maximum production. Every system installed by MOXIE Solar is covered by its 5-Star Guarantee.

Rapid Installation

MOXIE's Rapid Installation Team™ helps customers start saving on their energy bill sooner by installing their solar panel systems up to three times faster than the industry average. The solar company's real-time protocol puts the process of going solar in motion mere minutes after sign-up.

In addition to fast installation, MOXIE Solar provides quality customer service and support as soon as the system is live. The company's professional monitoring system ensures the solar panel array is operative at peak condition and identifies and addresses potential issues.

Industry Awards and Partnerships

Recently, MOXIE was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 250 Most Successful Companies in the Midwest. It is the only solar energy installer to receive this prestigious honor. The company has also been identifed by Solar Power World Magazine as one of the Top 500 Solar Installers every year since 2018.

MOXIE is NABCEP certified, a part of the Solar Energy Industries Association, and is a Tesla Energy certified installer and a Solar Edge certified installer.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs

MOXIE Solar gives customers the option to purchase their solar energy system outright or finance with a loan. The company works with GreenState Credit Union to provide solar financing. However, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements.

The Bottom Line

MOXIE Solar has more than a decade of experience and has expanded its business nationwide. The company offers a variety of high-quality equipment options, free consultations, and a 5-Star Guarantee, and its solar professionals are certified and experienced. However, MOXIE Solar does not offer solar leases or PPAs.

Pat East Moline, IL

I've seen Moxie buildings here in the Quad Cities and I want to go to somebody that was local for my solar. It's been been very good so far. Customer support's been really well and able to explain things to me whenever I had questions. Installation went rather well. They worked with us when we're trying to get a roof done and then they came out and they were able to finish it and get everything hooked up. Everything is gone through in the lighting system and have had no problems so far. I'm a disabled veteran and I didn't qualify for some of the the discounts on the products, but everything still worked out rather well.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Pat, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

JOHN MORROW Horse Shoe, NC

Because of price, quality of workmanship and service. They were so easy to work with, from the initial no-pressure salesman, to our awesome project manager, to the professional installers. Everyone was always friendly and positive. Communication was wonderful!!! They answered our questions and addressed our concerns quickly.

Stephen North Garden, VA

I chose Moxie when I took a look at the various companies that I had proposed bids on. I looked at what the company standing was in the in the industry and with how they fared in the better business bureau. Installation went very smoothly. The equipment they provided was what I had asked them to provide. Very easy to reach and we're responsive when I contacted. I just thought their working with the various finance companies was was beneficial and it worked out well. I spent more money than I wanted to but then again its always the way it works.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Stephen, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Mark Cedar Rapids, IA

I went online and looked up the solar companies in our area, so that's why I picked Moxie. It seemed like they cared about me and the needs that I had and just kind of treated me like part of the family. I think they had everything done in like two days. The only issue I had was there was an issue between Aliant energy and Moxie with something with my breaker panel wasn't right and it took a whole another month because they were kind of fighting between each other like "This is set up right", "No, you need to change this", but that was resolved. It took another whole month to resolve that. But the installation was great. Customer support would always return my calls or let me know what is going on with my system, what is being done next, just like what was upcoming, whats the next process pretty much, what was coming up next so I was informed. Very, very informative on the whole project.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Mark, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Stephen Geering Blue Grass, IA

Moxie Solar has a special gift for attention to all details and being able to explain these details in a way that we can understand. Especially the pay back period and how the system is designed so you do not over produce power you don't get reimbursement.

Gina

Staff is very friendly and responsive. They’re very good about sharing information and documentation when you are interested. They gave me a lot of statistics and date which was really helpful for me. The equipment is well installed and doesn’t look intrusive.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Gina, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Kimberly Coralville, IA

I like the fact that they are a local company. They are an industry leader. When I reached out to them, they would respond within 24 hours. Other companies I reached out to, never got back to me. We had a fabulous experience with every member of the team. Installation was flawless. Everyone was respectful. It is a great company to work with.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Kimberly, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Barbara Angier, NC

Moxies seemed like a good company from my research. I got a good deal. I had a couple of problems and they were able to quickly remediate it with their tech people. It took a little longer than anticipated to get it set up but the process went fine.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Barbara, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Soak up that sun!

Miguel Peralta Cypress, TX

We recently went through a huge power outage in February in Texas. And, it seems like brown outs are more common now during the summer. So we decided to go with a solar and battery system with Moxie Solar. They are an outstanding company and they provide a turn key worry free experience from beginning to end as well as great value. And, it feels great that we are also taking advantage of the sunlight on our roof, pretty cool!

Reply from Moxie Solar

Miguel, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. It was a pleasure doing business with you, and we are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team. We are glad that your new system will help with future brownouts, and hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Soak up that sun!

Peter Iowa City, IA

Moxie had the right price and the representatives were very helpful throughout the sales process. I've usually had good response from them, but sometimes they get overloaded with business and aren't able to respond to me immediately. They took the installation process very seriously. Overall, I really appreciate that they took the time to educate me rather than just trying to sell me a bunch of equipment that I didn't really need.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Peter, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and apologize for the delay of response on our behalf at times. Please feel free to use me as a point of contact if there is anything you shall need! [email protected]

Gary Shupe Mendon, IL

My experience with Moxie was great from the start. I had quotes and sales presentations from two competitors prior to Moxie. The choice to go with Moxie was obvious! They knew their product and understood my needs and goals, unlike the other two competing companies. All of their staff were always friendly and attentive to my questions and concerns. There was a small problem with a serviceman unsuccessfully installing a WiFi booster for the array transmitter. It required a follow up service call for another service person to reinstall the WiFi booster. All in all, it was a very minor inconvenience in regards to the entire installation process being scheduled and completed in a very timely manner. The system has been working as it should. I look forward to getting the utility bill to calculate the monthly savings! I enjoy pulling up the Enphase app on my iPhone to monitor the daily, weekly and monthly power generated.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Gary, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are so glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team throughout the entire process, and appreciate your patience and understanding that mistakes happen sometimes. When they do, we make sure to fix them in the best way possible, as is the MOXIE way! We hope you enjoy your new system for many years to come. Soak up that sun!

Mar. 17th, 2021

Samantha Mitchell Iowa City, IA

The contracting, permitting and installation process went really smoothly. However, we've had the system for 3 months now and our electric bills aren't even being cut in half, let alone zeroed out. We were told that it would take roughly 9-12 years for the system to pay for itself, but at is it stands right now it will be more than double that. Our energy usage has not increased.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Samantha, We're sorry to hear that your Moxie expectations are not being met. As we strive to provide an exceptional Moxie experience to each of our customers, sometimes we do miss that mark, and I apologize that it was with your build. We are working internally to rectify these issues for you and look forward to talking personally.

Oct. 20th, 2021

Steve Sellers Elgin, IL

I learned very early on that though you reported to have an IL presence that you are an Iowa company with a down state office. It would be great to get updates on the state of IL rebates as I have heard nothing from Moxie on this.

Matt LaForge Brookfield, WI

I had a great experience with Moxie and have been enjoying my solar for several months. They were extremely responsive to questions as the process went along and the finished product looks beautiful and works great.

Randy Erb Cedar Rapids, IA

Moxie did a good job of keeping us informed of the progress. But...there were 2 areas that we felt Moxie failed. First, we expressed interest in the wall. But that didn't get anywhere with no followup. Normally there is a bit more negotiating to make the extra sale work. Not here. Second and most certainly much worse, when the penetration crew installed our panels, they damaged our gutter. THEN, the pounded the crap out of it and claimed it was as good as new. Had I not noticed it, they would have let it go. Then...it took WAY too long for moxie to take care of the damage to our home that they caused. That was simply PATHETIC. I was passed from person to person and calls/emails were not returned...Or, we will take care of it next week. And no follow up ever happened. This was most disappointing. Finally...when the Penetration crew wired our panels, they did it wrong. When the rep came out to hook us up to internet, he had to do a bunch of re-wiring. The good the team did in keeping us up to date in the process was wiped out by the way we were treated on and after installation.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Randy, I want to thank you for sharing your installation experience, though I apologize that we fell short of expectations. We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve our customer experience where its needed. I will reach out to you directly with any updates I can gather on the Powerwalls, and Please feel free to reach out to me at any time at: [email protected]

Sep. 10th, 2021

Emily Le Claire, IA

So far it is a great company to be a part of. Everyone was really friendly and if there was an issue, they fixed it right away. The installation process was fast. Everyone was really professional.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Emily, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Soak up that sun!

Robert Perry, IA

It is not the cheapest but they have higher quality panels. Every was done quickly. The only delays were from on site. It was installed within three days. There was some rain that is why there were delays. They inspected it quickly.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Robert, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and that things are working smoothly for you! Soak up that sun!

Julian Davenport, IA

So far everything has ben good. It is cost effective and working good. It has worked out for me. They have been honest and the in this day and age honesty is valuable. They did what they said they were going to do. It is the best looking one compared to the others ones I have seen on people’s buildings.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Julian, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you enjoy your new system for many years to come! Soak up that sun!

Allen Evergreen, NC

Really has saved me on my electric bulls. Everything sounded good when I talked to the salesperson and they have been good about keeping in contact with me and the installation process was good. Everybody was good with everything.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Allen, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and saving on your electric bills! Soak up that sun!

John Holly Springs, NC

Moxie does a great job. They are great people. There was a little bit of a mix up in the beginning and they took care of it right away. I like that it is located near me. It could be a little cheaper but the quality is there so I am willing to pay a little more. It is working perfectly.

Reply from Moxie Solar

John, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! It was a pleasure working with you. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and are enjoying the benefits of your new solar system! Soak up that sun!

Peter Dodgeville, WI

I was impressed with their customer service. Everybody answers the phone every time. I had a couple of questions and they got right back to me. The guy that came initially to install the system was really knowledgeable but they got rained out and they sent out a different crew that was not quite as knowledgeable.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Peter, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, it was a pleasure doing business with you! Enjoy the sunshine!

James Moss Melcher, IA

They really care about their customers. The solar panels are top nocte, but I pointed out to the salesman that I have a big tree in my yard, and it's blocking the arrays from getting afternoon sun. I'm getting about 16-19 kwhs a day when it's sunny.

Reply from Moxie Solar

James, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying soaking up the sun! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can assist with. My direct email is: [email protected]

Charles Coy Lacona, IA

Everything went as planned. Except for when the crew trenched across my driveway they left a huge mess that is yet to be cleaned up. I'm told that someone will address this in the future. I'm still waiting but confident that it will get taken care of, I hope

Reply from Moxie Solar

Charles, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, though I apologize for the delay in cleanup on our behalf. I will contact you directly so we can work on fixing that for you. We do hope that your system is working smoothly, and that you benefit from it for many years to come! Enjoy the sunshine!

Ken Kleinheinz Cedar Rapids, IA

Moxie solar was extremely responsive to our initial inquiry, to our followup questions, to starting the process, to progressing through the approval processes, to completing the installation. There were no delays on their part. Their price was more competitive than the other bid that we received.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Ken, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us such a great review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. It was a pleasure doing business with you, and we are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team from start to finish. We hope you enjoy your new system for many years to come! Soak up that sun!

Roberto Paz Stafford, VA

They were able to answer all my questions anytime of day. If they were not able to answer it right then and there they would get back to me within 24 hours. They kept me updated and where I was in the process. I would definitely recommend Moxie for solar

Reply from Moxie Solar

Roberto, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and Thank You for your recommendation. We hope you enjoy your system for many years to come! Soak up that sun!

Donna Atalissa, IA

The only negative I have about Moxie is that they damaged some of the drywall in my garage when they were installing. They said they would be back to repair it and it has been six weeks and there hasn’t been any progress on it getting fixed. Other than that it went smooth and quicker than I thought. It all looks top notch and we are satisfied with it.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Donna, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, though we apologize for the frustrations that have been caused by a delay on our end. I will get make sure to update our Service Department of your issue. Please feel free to reach out to me directly: [email protected] We are glad to hear that everything is running smoothly and looking sharp. We hope you enjoy your new system for many years to come! Soak up that sun!

Jun. 30th, 2021

Anonymous Adel, IA

Their sales department is really good at describing what they do and what they have to sell. I compared prices with other companies and it seems more reputable than other ones out there. They have been fairly good at responding. It has gone fairly smoothly. It looks like it will be very durable from the sun, heat, and cold.

Jun. 30th, 2021

Pamela Salem, OH

Sales team is very good. They followed up on every questions in a timely manner. If I needed to leave a message, they called me back very quickly. If I had questions, they had answered. Installation was slow but it seems to be working well. My electric bill has dropped form over a hundred dollars a month to ten dollars.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Pamela, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and we LOVE to hear electric bill success stories like yours! We hope you enjoy your new solar system for many years to come. Soak up that sun!

Ruth Potter Iowa City, IA

Moxie has an amazing staff working for them. I had the pleasure of working with Ryan P and his team Tim K. and the Cloud Splitter crew. It was such a great experience working with all of them. The team had been very professional, hardworking, positive, super friendly, and went out of their way to ensure the job was done correctly and quickly. Ryan had worked tearlessly for me to get everything they needed to get the job done as well. Unfortunately, the Township of Janesville, WI did not do their job and caused unnecessary delays in the process. However, Ryan did not give up and kept pushing the Township of Janesville, WI to get what was needed to complete the process. A HUGE thank you goes to Ryan for all his hard work and due diligence as well as his team! You all deserve a very large raise!

Smith Coralville, IA

We knew we have had a good friend who had used Moxie. They have always been there for us. Through the whole process, we've been nothing but pleased with all of them from the first person that came in the door to explain it to us and through the whole process and after they after the panels were on. The installation people were very kind and courteous and they were just really nice people. Explained what they were doing along the way... it was a really good experience. If we were thinking about leaving this home, we would hopefully have solar panels again with them because we are very impressed with the whole whole experience and we would go with Moxie again.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! Glad to hear that you had a positive experience and please don't hesitate to reach out if anything comes up.

Nov. 19th, 2020

Derek Pech

Frustrating to say the least. Unethical! My personal experience with them was okay. I received the product I purchased and it works well, but the communication from Moxie was terrible. I later realized they are going bankrupt, aren’t paying their employees money that they are owed, and they are months late in payments to their subcontractors for work that has already been completed.

Brian Pierce Woodbridge, VA

Everything was great with Moxie until after completion. Then I started to uncover the lies that were sold to us to get us to sign up. Very unhappy with the product performance and financial portion of Moxie and though I've tried to resolve via emails and phone calls it seems Moxie doesn't care about customer concerns and unhappiness after the fact. Was even told by the salesman multiple times someone was researching my production since it was not covering my usage as expected, yet never heard a word from Moxie. Even called Moxie to ask status and they said no such ticket had been opened even though salesman promised it was multiple times via text message. Now salesman is non responsive... Two main issues I faced were: 1. Promised full solar power for the entire year yet never banked anything to cover slower months. Basically Moxie admitted they likely under estimated our power usage... 2. Promised 5k in rebates from the state of Iowa. Never once was it mentioned this was if the funds were available and if Iowa continued to fund this rebate. Not once was this mentioned to be only a possible rebate. It was SOLD to me as a guaranteed rebate. Moxie is basically saying they aren't responsible for the lies and to contact the state and complain about ending the funding. I would have NEVER agreed to solar without this 5k rebate as we were already at a much higher cost than I wanted to pay... I guess it's my fault for trusting the salesman to be a straight shooter with us when trying to navigate the confusing proposal and pricing. But it's disappointing that Moxie stands behind and utilizes these sales tactics to ensure they get the sale.

Craig Smith Portsmouth, VA

I will start from the beginning of my journey with Moxie Solar. I decided solely on Moxie after receiving numerous quotes and based on what I thought was a good reputation. I was wrong, and there has been nothing but headaches throughout the entire process with this company. Take my advice and steer clear if you are reading this review! I will start off with my project manager Sharie G, who was not a project manager. I was the project manager who coordinated with the utility company and the other terrible company Green Solar. At MOXIE, there is no such thing as a project manager. Believe it or not, for such a big company, good luck trying to get anybody but the service department to answer the phone. It's a ghost town, and no one will respond to emails either. Some decent people work there; Hannah O has been exceptional and deserves a promotion for policing the horrible management at this company. This company has no form of leadership or managers whatsoever! My journey began when I received a phone call from Green Solar telling me they had my materials and planned on coming out the next day. This phone call was 3 months after I signed the contract by the way. I honestly was baffled and wanted to know why a company named "Green Solar" was coming out to install my solar panels when I hired MOXIE SOLAR. I called Sharie, my project manager, who was clueless and said, “I am not sure why they are coming out because I thought MOXIE was in your area.” Are you kidding me? What a joke!! The so-called project manager had no idea. Just so everyone reading this is aware, GREEN SOLAR is a low bidder company that MOXIE will outsource to save a few dollars to do their dirty work but still post MOXIE SOLAR signs all over your property. What a scam this company is! Green Solar shows up four hours late on their first day with a crew barely speaking English. There was no oversight whatsoever, and when I asked why they were late, they nonchalantly told me we had to stop and pick up materials. After they arrived they then proceeded to ask me questions about where the panels were going and what the capacity was on my roof. This would have all been communicated if a site crew were to come out which I was told was not necessary. The crew was late every day for a week straight and had numerous problems on the job site. The materials were wrong, trash was left blowing all over my property, they utilized my garage and driveway as their dumping grounds to offload equipment, the installation was a disaster, and they unplugged one of my 22 cu ft deep freezers on their last day. They failed to communicate that to me, so I lost over 5,000.00 dollars in meat. I had to utilize my tractor to offload hundreds of pounds of meat with my wife and bury it on my property. I was furious. My family’s meat was to sustain us throughout the year. The company spent an entire week working at my house on this project. Something was being shipped to my place every day but never seemed to be the right parts from MOXIE. On the last day, they told me their work was done, and the system was complete. The only problem was I was missing an entire inverter, and the plan was inoperable. I would call that an incomplete system. The next day it rained, and the trench they hand-dug flooded and was a complete disaster. The rainwater was soaking all around the foundation to my garage, and the 40ft trench was sinking. I was worried my children would get injured. I have a 300 yd gravel driveway that had just been redone with fresh gravel, and they decided to fill the trench in with gravel and put the clay and dirt on the top. Again there was zero management on this Jobsite. I was praying that they were insured, saying the least. I had to get a new shipment of gravel delivered and then use my tractor to fix the mess. All in all, with labor included, I created an estimate of $6,446.32. I contacted MOXIE to inform them of the issues, and I was redirected to the escalations team. This team was created from what I was told through a google meeting from Jennifer S and Leah F because of issues such as mine. I was told that my problem would be handled appropriately and that I would receive insurance claims for the mishaps. These issues are systemic when companies start outgrowing their shoes. They begin to lose trust and loyalty in customers and consumers. They then go out of business. Three months later, I still have not received my insurance claim for the mishaps. I have called and emailed Leah F, but she will not return my calls or emails. Leah's title with MOXIE is the VP, Process-Policy-People. I was left with no choice to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and my next option will be through a lawsuit. I have given numerous opportunities for MOXIE to resolve this issue before these reviews and complaints. It took over two months for MOXIE to fix my system to render it operable. Within those two months, I was already making payments on an inoperable system. I had my utility company here three times to swap the meter out. They were also very frustrated in the process and wanted to know why I hired a company like MOXIE. This company is an embarrassment, and I feel like a complete fool for hiring them. This process was exhausting, and now I have to deal with them every time I have an issue. I am better off outsourcing my electricians and paying out of pocket when something goes wrong.

Andrew Pierce Cleveland, OH

I had no clue about solar, Moxie set up and installed my system. I love it. I made about 9 MW in a year. Free electrical most of the year, not bad for a 4k square foot home!

James Jenkins Jacksonville, FL

Had major issues with my project (not totally the fault of Moxie). It took a long time before my project issues became a priority for Moxie and though they promised to offer me something in consideration for my considerable trouble, they never did.

Reply from Moxie Solar

James, We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve our customer experience. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced during the delay of your installation. We would like to look into this further and provide additional assistance where its needed. I will be reaching out to you personally. Thank you again for highlighting your issue for us so we can improve our process where it's needed.

Sep. 21st, 2021

Joseph J Bovy Middleton, WI

1. The initial salesman was very pushy and not totally honest. 2. The installation crews were good. The local contracted electrician very good. 3. The final connection crew was horrible. Tried to do it over the phone and were incompetent.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Joseph, We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve our customer experience. I want to apologize for the issues you have experienced. We would like to look into this further and reach out to you directly. Thank you again for highlighting your issue for us so we can improve our process where it's needed.

Sep. 15th, 2021

Sherri Noble Alexander, NC

The problems that occured were not well handled by Moxie, as told they would. I had to call and got hold that day, where Moxie kept saying that they couldn't reach the Electric company.

Robert W Herd Wilmington, NC

There were a few delays because of some simple mistakes like not paying for an inspection, someone not showing up on time to meet another person, Just little things but they caused delays.

eric golf vigil Iowa City, IA

excellent in getting things done in a timely manner. Once the solar electricity started to flow I stopped recieving electricity bills. WOAH! crazy talk.

Scott E. Rubitsky Middleton, WI

Sales (salesman was fired) and installation went fine. The set-up of my internet data was atrocious. The array display is still incorrect and shows as designed and not as built and I have given up trying to get it corrected.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Scott, We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve our customer experience. I want to apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your monitoring system. I will look into that issue for you and let our Service Team know you are still in need of assistance. I will reach out to you from my direct email at [email protected] so we can discuss further. Thank you for brining this to our attention again.

Sep. 10th, 2021

Jerry

I liked that I could work with someone local. When I reached out, the representative didn’t offer any false promises. The process has been very smooth.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Jerry, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

David Fredericksburg, VA

They are really good about answering questions. They explained everything I needed. I appreciate their friendliness. The equipment is working very well.

Reply from Moxie Solar

David, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Mark

There were some things the installers didn’t do correctly but they came out and repaired everything to my satisfaction. They use great rails to support the panels that ate very highly rated.

Tom

Installation was quick. Everything I’ve seen has been great. I would recommend them. We had to change something in the middle of planning and it worked out great.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Tom, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Craig Wapakoneta, OH

Overall I am a satisfied customer. The are very on time and approachable. They will walk you though it step by step if you need more detail. Everything looks good.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Craig, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Soak up that sun!

Paul Oelwein, IA

The salesperson was fantastic. They were very understanding about the situations and took the necessary steps follow up and ensure the job was completed. Any questions I had were addressed in a timely manner.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Paul, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Andrew Milwaukee, WI

Everything is working great. It is pretty easy post installation. Installation was quick once everything was delivered. They are better than average when it came to keeping me informed and responding to things.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Andrew, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Please feel free to reach out if there is anything we can do for you going forward: [email protected] Soak up that sun!

Lance Newton, IA

Awesome customer service. The work ethic is very good. They are always able to answer. I am very impressed with the equipment it. I am happy to have it.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Lance, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and hope you are enjoying your new system! Soak up that sun!

Troy Schneider Mukwonago, WI

Panel Install crew led by Foreman DJ came in Tuesday afternoon and completed the 54 panel install early Wednesday afternoon. Great hard working group that represent Moxie well and care about what their customer wants! Great job DJ and crew!

Katie Pech Loveland, CO

Moxie was great to work with. Communication was great from start to finish and our project manager responded to questions within hours. Kudos to the team at Moxie, we’ll be taking advantage of that referral money soon.

Reply from Moxie Solar

Katie, Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us so we can continue to provide our customers with a great Moxie Solar experience. We are SO glad to hear that you had a good experience with your Moxie team, and Thank You for the referrals! We hope you enjoy your system for many years to come. Soak up that sun!

Jul. 16th, 2021