LA Solar Group

6.8

One of the fastest growing solar companies in the nation, LA Solar Group has been providing rooftop solar energy services to consumers located in California since 2012. The renewable energy company, which is a SunPower authorized dealer and a Tesla Energy partner, takes a transparent, honest approach to solar and strives to set the right expectations of a solar installation from the start.

LA Solar Group wants its customers to be as knowledgable as possible about how solar works, the savings it brings, the warranties that are offered, the difference between various equipment, the financing options that are available, and the tools that come with going solar such as how to monitor a solar system's production.

The company prides itself in the quality of its solar equipment, design, installation, and service. LA Solar Group has highly-trained specialized staff working on each step of the solar design and installation process, including leading engineers; in fact, the company's founder has a background in construction and electrical engineering. LA Solar Group is an award-winning engineering and consulting company, not a sales organization.

The Good

• Wide Range of Payment Options
  • Online Monitoring Available
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Solar Panel Maintenance

Wide Range of Payment Options

For its solar energy systems, LA Solar Group offers four different payment options for consumers to choose from, including cash purchase, loan, lease, and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). For loans specifically, the company offers two program options to its customers.

The first option gives borrowers the opportunity to finance solar systems through a third-party lender. Loan terms include no prepayment penalties, $0 down, the option to choose a secured or an unsecured loan, and either a 12- or 20-year term.

The second option, which is a secured loan with a 5- to 25-year term, allows customers to finance through their home equity and roll payments into their property taxes. This loan is not based on a credit or FICO score, but the borrower must have at least 15 percent equity in their home in order to qualify.

The PPA and lease options do not require any money down for the solar installation and provide consumers with monthly savings on their electricity bills. LA Solar Group's leases are made on a standard 20-year term with the option to either remove the system, extend the lease, purchase the system, or replace the system entirely when the term is over.

Online Monitoring Available

LA Solar Group offers two different monitoring systems (Enphase and SolarEdge) that allow customers to monitor their solar production and usage. Both systems have received decent user ratings on the Apple App Store and on Google Play.

Enphase gives property owners the opportunity to verify system health and performance; view production by month, day, or hour; and analyze performance against historical weather data.

SolarEdge allows property owners to monitor consumption and provides a flow display of system power information.

The use of both applications gives LA Solar Group customers a comprehensive look at their overall system performance.

Comprehensive Warranty

LA Solar Group provides its customers with a full warranty package. This includes a 25-year workmanship warranty, a 25-year manufacturer's warranty on the solar panels, a 25-year manufacturer's warranty on the inverter, a 25-year production warranty, and a 25-year roof warranty.

The lengths of each of these warranties are among the longest available in the solar industry, giving customers peace of mind that their equipment will be protected in the event of an accident or malfunction.

Solar Panel Maintenance

LA Solar Group offers solar panel cleaning and repair for all solar systems that it installed, as well as for systems installed by other solar energy companies.

The Bad

• Short Time in Business
  • Limited Availability

Short Time in Business

One potential drawback to LA Solar Group is that it has only been in business since 2012. Many other companies in the solar power industry have been in business much longer than that, which may give them an advantage over LA Solar Group because they have more experience.

Limited Availability

LA Solar Group currently only offers its solar energy services in California, Nevada, and Texas, limiting the number of consumers who have the ability to do business with the company. Individuals who live elsewhere will need to consider other solar panel installers.

The Bottom Line

With multiple payment options, online monitoring, and lengthy warranties, LA Solar Group is a good option to consider for residential solar panel installation if you live in California, Nevada, or Texas. Although the solar PV company has only been in business for a few years, it is transparent with its customers throughout the entire process and works hard to ensure that its customers are satisfied with their switch to clean energy.

4.0

Google Account Valencia, CA

We had two batteries installed by LASolar. A year and a half later there was a problem with the system not connecting anymore with our iPhones and tablets. LASolar tried to diagnose on-line, then sent out technicians twice. They wanted to make sure our problem got fixed, which it did!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are happy to have you satisfied and always ready to assist you to ensure your needs are properly met.

May. 8th, 2021

Leroy Le Valencia, CA

I got solar about a year and a half ago. I checked out 6-7 companies and did a lot of research on Energy Sage. I decided to go with LA Solar because of recommendations from several friends. Frankie G. was my contact and he's great. He is very professional and very responsive. I couldn't have been happier with them. My energy bill has basically gone to zero. I recommend LA Solar to all my friends and family. My brother-in-law just got a system installed late last year and he's super happy. Unfortunately this past December rats or squirrels got on my roof and chewed through some wiring. LA Solar was on-site the next day to assess the damage. Needless to say I was very upset. This was not covered under their warranty or home insurance. Frankie worked with me and we were able come up with a solution. I also got bird netting installed to prevent this in the future. This is a great company.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us and the community, Leroy. Your feedback reaffirms the hard work Frankie and our whole team put in every day to provide our customers with quality service. Our team is always ready to assist you and make sure your expectations are met.

Feb. 25th, 2021

Jason Lin Santa Monica, CA

I bought both solar and solar battery from LA Solar Group. It has excellent after-sale customer service and will always respond to any technical support request. Highly recommended!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the community, Jason. Our team is always ready to assist you and make sure your energy needs are properly met.

Apr. 19th, 2021

Alex Regalado Pacoima, CA

This is the second time going with LA solar group and the experience was great again three years later. This time I put solar in my parents home. We were deciding between LA Solar and Sunrun from Costco. Prices were comparable when taking into account the cashback benefits from Costco but the guarentee of LA Solar was much better, 25 years across everything vs 10 years. Also the baseline equipment from LA Solar was better with panasonic panels. Obviously you can pay more for different options with either company but no need with panasonic 340w panels. After the main panel upgrade, we had an electrical problem with an outlet and when notified they resolved the issue the next day. Even during the coronavirus slowdown they were able to get it done in approximately 2 months. Awesome job and satisfied customers!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Alex!

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Wayne Kenton

LA Solar just completed the installation of my powerwall batteries (2) and they did a great job. They walked me through the app and I'm impressed with the ease of use and the control I have over my entire system.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Wayne. We are happy to have you satisfied and always ready to assist you to ensure your 5-star experience throughout your whole solar journey.

Mar. 1st, 2021

LA customer

very good sales pitch, good pricing when we compared 3 quotes for solar panels. However getting them to move forward once the contract was signed was harder. It seems their office staff is in disarray and constantly changing personnel. When we finally got the installers there, they were great. Years later, they sent an email telling us they could get us a solar battery with a rebate. A bit against my better judgment, I said ok. It's been the same experience. Terrific, smart salesman is the only really helpful caring person in the company. We're still mired in trying to complete this project, and we seem to have 4-5 different people who claim to be the one helping coordinate, but no one has answers. Most emails go unreturned. Except by the salesman, who we've had to turn to repeatedly to get unstuck. The installers came eventually- the head guy really didn't speak English. The younger guy did but knew nothing-- he was mostly there as a translator and extra pair of hands. They were nice, but communication was kind of laughable and it was hard to get ideas across. Then we were contacted by someone texting without identifying him/herself saying we have an outstanding bill (we don't) that needs to be cleared to proceed. Hopefully this job will get done. The company is a bit like a comedy show, though in the end the job gets done, I hope.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your feedback. We will use it to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Gina Garcia Calicchio

Awesome staffs and professionally done... I am an Obsessive Compulsive person and they installed it the way I would have. Very neat and clean job. Sales people from NV Solar was fantabulous and very helpful with all my concerns.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience with us, Gina. We are happy to have you satisfied with our services and our team is always ready to assist you.

Hugh

Compared to the market average, LA Solar has good pricing. The crew was on time and cleaned up after themselves. They were very courteous and answered all questions. They were well trained and knew exactly what they were doing. My interaction with customer support has been good and efficient and effective. It was pretty fast.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience with us, Hugh. Your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Andrew Berg

Great Quote, fairly competitive with Tesla. Very Good Experience with the Sales process, sales staff was very responsive. So, far poor communications during the install process. Very slow email response times, in order of days for simple questions and most of the time half of my questions go unanswered.I had some issues with the install and after some communications, I got a response from Stan and they agreed to send someone out to fix my issues! Thanks Stan

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Andrew! Your opinion is important to us!

Albert Lee

Poor coordination between the office and field staff. When I first installed the panels, I had a scheduled date then I get a call the morning before and was asked if they can start that morning. Different crews came and went and some did not have proper tools. I had to loan a technician a screw drivers, paint brushes, etc. Recent installation of batteries, I asked the office where are they thinking of placing the batteries. Project manager says the installers will determine that on site. I said it makes a difference since I may need to clear space inside the garage. I ask her what is the size of the batteries, answer I don't know. When the installers show up, I ask them where are they installing it and they said, didn't some one come survey the house. I said no and I asked the question and the office said you the installers would figure it out. The installer asked me if I wanted the A/C connected to the batteries and I said of course. He said the drawings were not drawn that way, but he can redesign it. For the final building inspection I get a call confirming a date and I asked to give me notice so I can have someone there. Inspector show up and no one from LA solar was there and I wasn't because I was not given any notice. Several texts to your technician went unanswered and I had to call your salesman.. In summary, I have recommended LA Solar to my neighbors because the price was right but I warned them of the poor coordination and communication.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Albert! You opinion and satisfaction is important to us!

Carol San Jose, CA

I would recommend LA Solar. The sales person was top notch and not too pushy. He allowed us to take our time to do our research. They made sure we understood throughout the process and continued to touch base. The worked with the city to fix a problem the city had. Every action with them has been nice though it did not make as much of a dent as I though it would, which could be the equipment or I am using more electricity.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Carol!

Almirol Panorama City, CA

Everything was positive except it took about 45 days to activate my solar panels with LADWP. However, LA Solar has excellent customer service (Antoinette) and installation. I was surprised installation only took about a day or two. And $2k for a 200 amp electrical panel upgrade was a good deal. The online SolarEdge monitoring shows very good production at 1.18 MWh this May 2020. I save about $150 every two months.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Almirol!

Tina Merced

My salesperson agent resigned because he wasn't sure they could deliver what he was told they could and promised to me. I am right now in the middle of an install that is riddled with issues. Its as if they had no trained install teams or local electricians. After other reviews, I insisted on no outside contractors but I would have been better off with, rather than letting unskilled newbies teach themselves on my home. I was without electricity for 24 hours due to mismanagement. I have talked to several different project directors about different issues. I am still uncertain who is my contact or what is or isn't getting done and when. If you decide to go with them, READ your whole contract thoroughly and don't pay or sign off on any part of payment until whole job fully complete to satisfaction.

Reply from LA Solar Group

We are so sorry your experience did not match your expectations, Tina. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your feedback to make our services better and to ensure such issues do not happen again.

Brian

Our salesman, Austin, followed through with use the whole way so if we had any issues, it was taken care of. Also impressed with our project manager, Greg. Installing it was good.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your kind words, Brian! Austin and Greg are more than happy to hear this from you!

Jeff

Everything was done but they kind of dropped the ball on the initial install. It took a little bit to get over the humps. They did not show up when they said they would. The equipment is good but there was a failure on one of the inverters that was replaced.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Jeff!

Mark

It's good equipment. It is the leading equipment offered in the industry. It took a long time for it to get installed and there was some issues because of poor communication. Once the system was installed, customer service was very good, but during it, it was problematic.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your feedback, Mark!

Mica Seal Beach, CA

La Solar works really well with us. They gave us great options. Customer service was fanastic. He answered every question and walked us through several different price iptions and really helped us make an informed decision of what was best for our needs. We are very happy with the product.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Mica!

Irwin Thousand Oaks, CA

LA solar is quite responsive if there is something I don’t understand or a quarrion. They get back to me extremely fast. I had my solar panels installed seven years ago and they have been top rate. I’ve never had a problem in seven years.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your kind words, Irwin!

Ich Anaheim, CA

The service is great and the price is competitive for good brand solar equipment. They have answered most of my questions and the monitoring system is really good. There was an issue with never hearing feedback about a voucher.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Ich!

Ron Cerbone Canyon Country, CA

From my initial contact with LA Solar Group , they have far exceeded my expectations in both price and performance. My salesman (Austin T) was not only very knowledgeable in their product offerings but also came by frequently after the sale to make sure things were going as scheduled. While most competitors gave a three to five month timeline from signature to operation, LA Solor came in at just over three weeks. That included the many crews that worked hand and hand to keep everything seamless, start to finish. From the initial site surveyors, to the multiple installation crews, (each masters in their own tasks) were all professional, Covid-19 compliant, and kept me informed every step of the way. LA Solar also assigns a production manager (Emily) to oversee timeline adherence and in sending me instructional videos (via email) of what to expect throughout my solar install journey. Upper Management (Stan K) was also highly visible and communicative in making sure all of their employees involved in my project worked to my expectations and made sure promises made were kept. They all did, as I said, beyond my expectations. May Thanks to all (Austin, Stan and the owner of LA Solar Ara P) in helping me secure the rebates necessary to have a Tesla back up battery system added to my solar panels! My 27 Panasonic Solar panels provide all my electric needs in the day and the two Tesla batteries power it when the sun goes down. I could not be happier with LA Solar Group. I could go on and on but I appreciate you reading this long review. Get LA Solar!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Ron. Our team is always ready to assist our customers and we are so happy to meet your expectations.

Stephen

In the end, LA Solar was pretty excellent, and after looking at a number of different options, and getting quotes from several different competitors, I'm really happy I went with LA Solar. That said, I had the misfortune to work with a sales rep who left the company mid-way through the process, and he left me in a lurch. There were miscommunications and confusion when it came time to install (a smaller, 8-panel system), and a lack of communication afterwards. I would say it was more that individual though, as when I went around him, everyone else at LA Solar was very helpful, much more communicative, and made sure the process sailed smoothly. The installation team was especially pro, and now that everything's running, I'm quite happy. Not the ideal experience, but I would still recommend LA Solar.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Hello Stephen, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you as a customer!

Jun. 25th, 2019

Tyler B Palos Verdes Estates, CA

LA Solar Group delivered a high quality product for a great price. I cant speak highly enough of the Company's customer service and willingness to answers any questions that my wife and I had.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your feedback, Tyler. Our team is happy to have you satisfied and always ready to ensure your expectations are met.

Jan. 18th, 2021

Michelle Kurtz

The price was very competitive and the service was unbeatable. In fact, DWP said they did a great job with our solar. We also purchased two back-up batteries as well.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience with us, Michelle. We are happy to have you satisfied with our services and our team is always ready to assist you.

Oct. 13th, 2020

We got a bunch a bids and for the usage we were anticipating needing, we choose them because they seem to be the most price effective and had the options we needed for the battery panels. Customer service can be variable as there was a rat who ended up leaving half way through the process as we got another rep.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are so sorry you had such an experience and will ensure this does not happen again.

Marion

The salesman explained everything in detail which made our decision easier. We had problem connecting with the manager who was doing things on our house but the installation process still went very well. They did a good job.

Thank you, Marion!

Riley

La solar has a higher wattage panel. It is good and seems to be working well. There were a few things that they had to come back to fix. There was a bit of delay but it was resolved and it got done.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your feedback, Riley!

Hung

Installation went pretty good. They have qualified technicians. I am not suer about the equipment. I have already replacing the inverter within eight months. Customer service responds quickly and come when they let me know.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your feedback, Hung!

Charlie Welch Los Angeles, CA

It was the service I got from them. Got started the projet and it took them three days to finish it and hookup the solar to the house. Very strraight forward and no missed days on installation. Nice job! .

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Charlie!

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Charlie Camarillo, CA

It works and getting started went flawlessly. They were my second choice, we have solar city a work but they put me through so much hassle and didn’t want to send somebody out to talk to me so I went with LA.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your positive feedback, Charlie!

Janett Foran Corona, CA

They were AWESOME! Beat EVERYONE'S price in the area. I quoted with the Costco company, SunPower, and about 8 other companies, including a friend and also a family member that both worked for solar companies. LA Solar beat all of them in pricing by A LOT! Customer service is awesome and we have been happy with our panels for 4.5 years. I recommend them to anyone who asks me because I feel like there are too many companies out there ripping people off. One company quoted me almost DOUBLE what I got from LA Solar. That to me is dishonest.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your kind words, Janett. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you.

Aug. 31st, 2020

Gwen Taylor Bellflower, CA

We had issues with my City government and the Utility and they went to bat for us. They kept us informed every step of the way and even recompense us when the delays cost us. I recommend this company highly and have referred family and friends to them.

Reply from LA Solar Group

As a referral based company, with sincerely appreciate your feedback and referrals.

Jan. 31st, 2019

jeff pearl Thousand Oaks, CA

Dealing with the phone point person, Austin was a pleasure. He always answered quickly, was very attentive and took care of any issues quickly. The workers were very nice and let me know what they were doing. They were always on time, cleaned up afterwards.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Hi Jeff, we appreciate your solar journey feedback!

Jan. 31st, 2019

Erv Grau Paso Robles, CA

I am extremely satisfied with all the interaction, installation, service and support provided to me by LA Solar Group. In 2015 I worked closely with the owner, Ara P, to install an array of LG panels and Solar Edge inverters on my 2 story condo unit. We maximized the energy generation given the roof area we had to work with, and the installation of the long conduit run to the PWP meter ended up virtually invisible to other condo owners on the site. It is physically an excellent installation, and its performance is meeting all my expectations. Since then, LA Solar has diligently monitored the system performance. They once notified me a panel was down and an inverter module needed to be replaced. That service was performed expeditiously and without any impact on my own time. I am now considering adding a Powerwall to the system and once again talking with LA Solar to supply the equipment and do the installation. Form my experience I highly recommend this company.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Erv thank you for your kind review, we thrive to deliver the best service since 20011 and will continue doing that!

May. 25th, 2020

Huasha Liu

There were long delay on my project that could not be justified. In addition, to date, I still have not received "paid in full" letter/receipt from LA Solar after my multiple requests.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Huasha, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are so sorry you had such an experience and will ensure this does not happen again.

Hoang Pham

They quoted me a competitive price and were supervision free from start to finish. The product has been working great and saving me money.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Hoang. We are happy to have you satisfied with our services.

Worth Holmes

The system was installed on July 31. It is still not operational because they neglected to inform the power company to request PTO until I asked them to do it on August 21. The Power company still had not heard from them on August 28. I still do not have PTO, and it is September 24. LA Slar made an appointment with me for yesterday to come out to turn on the system yesterday, but they never showed up nor called to let me know that they wer not coming.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your feedback, Worth. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your experience and will strive to do better.

Emily

Customer support has answered our questions along the way. As we were waiting for permits, they informed us pretty quickly.

Thank you, Emily!

Avetis

Good quality with no issues so far that haven’t been taken care of fast. They are very responsive and it has gone smoothly.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for your kind words, Avetis!

Jason Westlake Village, CA

While la solar completed the work the communication was poor. I had to drive almost every discussion to get anything done which was annoying. I never knew exactly when things were going to be done or by who. But, the work was eventually completed and done appropriately, so the actual work was good. Project management needs to be better.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your experience and feedback is important to us. We continuously work on improving our service.

Grant J Hagiya Torrance, CA

LA Solar Group provided us with expert installation, service and consultation. They responded quickly and professionally to our many inquires, and worked with us as we are novice solar system owners. Because of their high volume, they were able to offer the best prices, and yet they maintain high service standards. I highly recommend them!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you, Grant! We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you!

Aug. 18th, 2020

Jason La Cañada Flintridge, CA

We started the process in March/April and awarded LA Solar the business shortly after. We have had multiple delays. Not all of these were the fault of LA Solar, but I feel like they could have done a better job of managing the process. We still don't have Solar and still don't know when it will be installed. The jury is still out on LA Solar but I have my concerns.

Nancy Glendale, CA

I decided to go solar with LA solar group after carefully analyzing all my quotes from different solar companies. First of all, their price was competitive. Also, it was very easy to communicate with them and to have answers to all my questions. The sales rep Frankie even gave me his direct phone number so I could contact him any time. The process of installation was pretty smooth, the crew showed up on time and did a very clean job. I’m happy with my decision to have solar panels on my roof and to do it with LA Solar Group. Big thanks to my sales rep and the crew for the excellent work. Thank you!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing you experience with us, Nancy.

Mar. 25th, 2020

Stephanie McIntyre Simi Valley, CA

LA Solar group installed our solar panels more than 2 years ago and we are still so happy with the whole experience. They took care of everything, including all city permits and connection to our electric company. The process was easy and our electric bill is now only about $25 most months. This is compared to as much as $500/month in the summer here in souther California. After our tax rebates, the total cost was about $21,000 for enough panels to cover our needs in a 3000 square foot home. It will pay for itself in a total of about 6 years. AND it is good for the environment. We bought an older home with some older appliances and I didn't want to be running them on fossil fuels. Their customer service is amazing. That is so important when you are making a big purchase like this.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for the update! Our goal is provide the best service and savings possible!

Jan. 17th, 2019

Vince B. Covina, CA

I made the decision to go solar fairly late in the year, and LA Solar group were fantastic in working quickly to ensure everything was done in time to get me full credit for the tax year. From design, to permitting, to install - they took care of it all, and ON SCHEDULE! Its been 2 years since my install - the system continues to perform perfectly. I haven't had an electric bill of any significance (can't get rid of taxes and & fees - but no usage charges) during these 2 years. LA Solar is also great with the ongoing monitoring of my system, and reaching out periodically to ensure everything is up to my satisfaction. I can't recommend them enough!

Reply from LA Solar Group

Hi Vince, thank you for sharing more about your experience with us. It's great to know how well your system is perform 2 years after the installation!

Jan. 17th, 2019

Blake Hunnel Irvine, CA

LA Solar completed my install with 30 Panasonic 330 Watt panels. They upgraded my electric panel to a 200 amp panel. They did all the stucco repairs and left everything in perfect condition. They picked up and they take all trash - nothing goes in my trash cans. They have electrical specialist, roof specialist and panel specialist that all know exactly what to do. They get it right the first time. I went with a SolarEdge solution which includes monitoring which I get on my iPhone. The inverter I had installed in the garage. Everything is first class. Took two days for the install. Everything is permitted. In fact, the City of Irvine inspector came out onsite for inspection and knows these guys really well.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thanks for sharing your experience with our hard working crews. Safety and cleanliness comes first for our team out in the field and while certain conditions may be a challenge, our teams always ensure each job is completed with the best quality.

Dec. 26th, 2018

Randell Sygal Van Nuys, CA

Great company with excellent customer service and they keep their promises!!! They guaranteed our installation in 60 days or they pay my electric bill!! Also, they guaranteed our performance as written in our agreement or they pay the difference. Solar manufacturer we chose was SUNPOWER and ewe are happy we did because they back up the warranty with direct Sunpower replacement, removal and shipping all at no cost to us. Our representative Mark was extremely knowledgable and got us the best price available and beat the other company by 5 per cent. I reccomend them to anyone looking to get Solar.

Thank you, Randell!

Charles K. Corona, CA

After doing my homework for two months reading solar panel blogs and websites, I chose LA Solar Group to buy and install the solar system for my home. I received several estimates from other companies. The LA Solar Group Sales representative was very informative and did not pressure me in making a purchase. LA Solar Group provided me several options based upon my needs and budget. After studying the solar panel blogs on the Internet I knew the about latest solar panel technologies and the average purchase costs of various solar panels. I selected LA Solar Group's proposal which had a solar system with the latest technologies at below the average market cost! Once I signed the contract, LA Solar Group did not hesitate to start the installation process. Two days after the city approved the plans the solar system was installed on the roof. There were no delays during the solar installation process that was contributed to LA Solar Group. The City Inspector even commented on how nicely done the installation was accomplished. LA Solar Group's team kept me informed at all steps of the installation process. The solar system has been operating for about 6 weeks now and I have no regrets going with LA Solar Group.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Charles!

John Perovich Fontana, CA

LA Solar group has installed my system and I am very happy. There were a few communication issues at the beginning but Ara stepped in and helped finish up my quote. I had a very straight forward install- its a newer home built in 2013 and I had no existing electrical issues. I opted for the LG 275 watt panels with one inverter and a 6.9 kw system. With this system, I am predicted to just about break even on usage during the year. I am expecting a child and will eventually purchase an electric car so I wanted to allow for a little more usage. My average bill was about $225 with most of my usage in the summer and at night. I live in the IE and run the AC 24/7 in the summer especially when we sleep. The price Ara gave me was stellar. I priced this particular system out with Solar City, Sungevity, Mohr Power solar in Corona and a self install (where you buy the panels and hire an electrician). I was impressed with the communication of Solar City and Sungevity. In fact, Sungevity had a good price but still, LA Solar Group was amazing. I can definitely say that Solar City was by FAR the most expensive. Great sales tactics, excellent follow through, very personable sales people- but you are getting hosed in the end. My same system with Solar City was 2.3 times more expensive. The install went smooth. From start to finish I think it was about 1.5 months. We had a two week delay because of Rancho Cucamonga city inspectors that would flake on inspections. Not LA Solars fault. Most of the time is spent with permits and inspections. The actual install took two days, then another few days after that an few inspections and tidy up work done by LA Solar. The workers never needed access to the inside of my home. I don't have attic access for the panels. They were quiet, clean and organized. All were professional. They painted the conduit to match the home. One particular day it was in the 40's and wind was blowing 15 mph. Said it was pretty rough on the roof but they were troopers. Got it done. Now that it is up and running I can monitor the system from my iPhone or a computer. It works for the most part. There have been a few days where the live monitoring software will show zero production during the day (when the sun is out), but when the day ends the system actually did record all the production. So the system works, just sometimes the software won't show "live" production. Probably just a glitch and really not that big of a deal. The one thing I would recommend to them would be to assign a central project manager to assist with questions and communication on the project. Throughout I got calls/emails from Ara and several other people. At one point I did have a gentleman state he was my project manager but soon after Ara stepped back in. Everyone was very nice and ultimately helped very quickly, but its just nice to have one person to be able to go to. They could streamline all of this with a weekly recap email, maybe even auto generated.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, John!

Marge J Ball Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

L.A.Solar Group came to our attention through a company that is leasing our desert property for their solar farm. We were especially interested in a specific solar panel recommended by the company. Ara came to our house for a presentation on the company, moving to solar and what to expect. His presentation was very thorough and his product excellent. Once L.A. Solar completed the paper work with the city, the installation began. The crew was quick with the install. They welcomed our questions as they worked and allowed us to photograph the installation process. The system works great! We have had 2 minor repairs...a roof tile repair and a temperature sensor. Both repairs were completed within a day of our call to L.A. Solar. We are fortunate to have L.A. Solar Group watching over our solar panels. They are a great group!

Thank you, Marge!

Darlena Moreno Valley, CA

Today the news announced the possible sale of LA Solar to Tesla. I am disappointed to hear that may occur. We selected LA Solar and had our 17 panels installed 2 months ago. We selected LA Solar over two other highly recognized solar companies for several reasons. First, customer service: from the start to finish, they were professional and clearly communicated every step in the process. There was no bull in their presentation and all follow up was handled timely and professionally. Second, cost and financing: for American made panels and product warranty they beat the competitors. The financing was handled through L.A. Credit Union. For the $6000 expected Federal rebate, that portion of the loan is for 0% for 16 months. The balance was financed at a very reasonable rate. Lastly, the reviews on Yelp were by far much better than the other two companies we contacted. The system is working very well. Even in these last three days of record breaking heat, the panels have produced 98% of our energy needs. I only pray that LA Solar stays in business and we can count on our warranty (service) to stay intact.

Reply from LA Solar Group

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Darlena!

Aug. 21st, 2020