Horizon PWR

6.6

LAST UPDATED: April 14th, 2022

Horizon PWR is a locally owned and operated solar panel installer serving residential, agriculture, and commercial clients in Idaho and Oregon since 2016. The solar installation company received 2020 accolades from Idaho’s Best Magazine as the best solar installer in the statewide and eastern Idaho categories.

The Good

• Free Remote Solar Analysis
  • Payment Options
  • Quality Solar Panels
  • Warranty Coverage

Free Remote Solar Analysis

Homeowners interested in Horizon PWR’s services can receive a free remote solar analysis to determine their home’s energy needs, and explore possible solutions.

This energy audit, conducted by Horizon PWR’s expert team of energy consultants, is designed to analyze the home’s current and past utility bills alongside the client’s budget, and calculate the potential savings that solar energy could offer them.

Horizon PWR has advertised that clients can save up to 20 percent on their electricity bill when they make the switch to solar power.

Payment Options

Customers can purchase a solar system with cash or finance with a loan. Horizon PWR has partnerships with 4 different banks: EZ Solar Loan, Concert, Mosaic, and Sunlight Financial.

Quality Solar Panels

The solar company offers homeowners high-quality solar panels designed to provide optimum energy output while also saving on the utility bill. The company primarily installs solar panels from Silfab and Boviet. Silfab solar panels come with one of the most competitive equipment warranties on the market at 25 years, while also averaging between 17.6 and 19.7 percent energy efficiency.

Additional product specs are as follows:

• Solar panel model: Q.Peak Duo BLK ML-G10.a+400
  • Inverter: IQ7A-72-2-US
  • Battery: Generac PWRcell
  • Feet: Iron Ridge Flashfoot 2

Warranty Coverage

Horizon PWR offers warranties covering its product and workmanship.

Labor, roof, and product warranties cover 25 years.

The workmanship warranty, as provided by the solar installation company, covers the system for 20 years, and covers the system against installation errors and necessary maintenance visits.

The system production guarantee is 5 years.

The Bad

• No Leases or PPAs
  • Limited Availability

No Leases or PPAs

Unfortunately, Horizon does not offer leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), which are attractive payment options for consumers who can't or don't want to take on the responsibility of the full investment but would still like to use cleaner energy.

Limited Availability

While targeted availability can also be seen as a strength, it does limit the geographic window of prospective customers.

Horizon PWR is available in the following Idaho cities:

• Rexburg
  • Rigby
  • Sun Valley
  • Twin Falls

The company is also represented in the following Oregon cities:

• Bend
  • Klamath Falls
  • Medford
  • Ontario
  • Eugene
  • Grant's Pass

The Bottom Line

If Oregon or Idaho homeowners are looking for a local solar rooftop installer, Horizon PWR may be a good choice. The company uses top-of-the-line solar equipment backed by solid warranties and provides a free solar analysis to help homeowners see if their home is a good fit for solar.

Readers are encouraged to read the latest Horizon PWR reviews from actual customers to get a complete sense of how the solar energy company does business.

3.5

Melissa

It was actually a lot faster than what they said it was going to be. They had told us it was gonna be like a couple of months and it actually ended up only being very short like two or three weeks time. Horizon doesn't install it themselves they have a different company that came in and did it and our rep came to meet them and made sure that they knew everything that was supposed to happen and they actually did it a lot faster than I thought that they would and I went out and had them explain everything to me as far as power outages or what I need to know and they sat with me and told me everything and answered all the questions that I had. They're just great.

Terry

I haven't had any techs or anything come out here since I put mine on and I've had mine in about two years and so I'm a hundred percent happy with this. I wish I had it done it sooner. There were 4 young guys putting it up, and I'm 65 so I just stood back and watched them and they were real personable. Had good personalities they cleaned up before and after all their installation and they were just great. Can't say anything better than what I'm saying, they're great. I think it's a good value for its money. They were honest with me all the way through.

Chris

We we have found out with our solar is the power we use during the day comes directly off of that days used so people need to be aware of that if they're watching their power usage because it looks like you're not getting as much power as you're producing. It was very fast, they told me it was gonna be two weeks and they had it done in 4 days, like super super fast.

Connie

I think the initial cost is probably a little higher than what is out there on the market, but getting the product up and running has gone so smooth. I know people that started the same time using different companies and they still don't have their systems up and going. So you know I would say the money wise I'm already seeing positive outcomes of it. I'm looking forward to many years of it. I really appreciated the sales rep when he came out and he was very informative and helped me with the process. He explained things in common terms which is easy to understand. He gave his opinion and everything seems to be going good.

Misty

They were very honest with us and very straightforward. I'm very happy with it, it is very high quality. We did a what I felt was probably the most that I would have wanted to pay for it. We've certainly had no problem with our system and definitely had enough power generated to support our household and been very happy with the product. We started with discussing what our power needs were and then the sales person put together a diagram showing how many panels we needed, where would be the best placement for them, what kind of generation we could expect on the high end of the scale as well as on the low end of the scale and horizon took care of all of the scheduling, all of the installation connections, all of the inspections, anything like that. We didn't have to worry about anything, they just took care of it all from the start. We didn't get very much follow up, but when I did give them a call with some questions and concerns they were very quick to respond to them they resolved then answered all the questions that I would have.

Bonnie

They did the install when I wasn't home and hadn't turned it on because they were waiting for an inspection. I had already gotten the aproval so they turned it on soon after. But because I wasn't there I don't have the app to tell me how the panels are doing. I like the batteries they look great, I just need to know that everything's working and I don't have that feedback yet.

We actually have some issues with our system, but horizon was very accommodating and helpful with everything that came up they immediately like jumped on to fix it. Whenever we need something we could contact them. They call us back to help and its just super easy. There were issues that did come up with the original installers, something they I don't understand, but they came in and they replaced it, so if there was an equipment issue they replaced it no questions asked. I do believe it's worth it, we experienced months without any power bill which is our whole goal.

Jack

They seem pretty honest. I think January I did end up paying a little bit. The whole idea was that power was planned to cover all the winter months too, but it was a very small amount, so it's no big deal. It was quick. Didn't last very long and the longest process is just waiting for horizon power to activate. They always answer questions and I never had a problem getting a hold of them.They were very up front about everything

Robin

We've had no issues whatsoever. In the end it will pay for itself and as of now we have not had a power bill. It's been really nice because from what I can gather it will be more more valuable as we go along. We really enjoyed them. We had ours installed on the ground and it works great, we've not had to go out and remove snow or anything so it's been wonderful. The man showed up to install very quickly and they went to work. It was quiet and efficient and they were done in two days.

Melody

Every time that I needed to talk to somebody I have Mario on the speed dial and he was awesome. Every single time that I call he was right there and answered my questions so every everything about it was a a good experience. I didn't really quite understand about the billing when I first got it that there was a charge for the power company and that was fine. I understand the five dollars a month thing and so and my bill has definitely gone down, but I think I will probably learn more as we go.

Douglas

If have any trouble like with a few minor details they worked on it and it has worked out okay. The equipment seems to be okay, only I have one panel that seems to not really be producing real good. From a distance it looks different than the other panels. And I asked the guy about it and showed him the picture and he was just gonna check, but he never got to back at me whether that is a problem with the panel or whether that's just the way it is. Service has been good. I have had no power bill since this started, so that's good too.

Reply from Horizon PWR

Woohoo! Ditching the power bill is a great feeling. Douglas, it looks like you still need help with that panel. Can you call the office at (888) 468-7180? We'll make sure it's taken care of it's underproducing.

Scott

The value is good. The cost was a little bit more expensive than some of the other competitors. But the type and number of inverters the we purchased were actually exceeding our power expense so I think it's good on extra cost. Very smooth. Whenever we called and had an issue we had a technician come out within twenty four hours or they were able solve the problem over the phone. We like their business model and with the employees that we were working with that they were open as honest with a care and with the project and the time line.

Reply from Horizon PWR

We love hearing experiences like this, Scott. We appreciate you.

Shane

They are very prompt and getting back with you and answer any questions that you have. They set up the appointment about ten days prior. They showed up when they were expected to and finished in one day and It was very quick and good. I like the way that they were able to put the panels on our house. Instead of a portrait they were able to put in the other way so it just made them look better and it was more appealing to us.

Reply from Horizon PWR

We're glad we could accommodate the array to fit your needs. Thanks, Shane!

Carrie

They showed up in the morning and they were done by probably noonish. Very quick and easy. We were missing a part when the system was installed and it wasn't transmitting the power company for about two months and I had emailed a couple times and they sent someone out to evaluate the system and they it was missing a part. So they got the part ordered and then came back out and installed it make sure it was working correctly.

Gene

The process was was great they did everything, they got all the all the orders and stuff to do, I really didn't have to worry about anything except for when were they going to get it up and they got it up fast. We had some problems with the box and it took a few weeks to get fixed, so we did lose a little bit bank power, but otherwise it's been great.

Chase

From start to finish, it was a very easy experience. We’re happy with the outcome. They took care of everything with the permitting and whatnot. They let us know ahead of time when we were scheduled. They did an excellent job. It is working very well. It likes quality and durable. It is doing its job. Very solid. The deal was fair though I don’t think it is the best one in the world.

Melody

They were wonderful because they listen to me. When I have a problem they get right back out and checked it out. Install went real well they seem to know exactly what they were doing they came out they got there in the attic and did everything they should. I haven't had any problems with it went very quick and got everything up and moving. They were very, very friendly.

They are very honest about what things are. It has been great. It's been about three years and I haven't had an issue with anything yet. It went very smoothly. We set up a time that was convenient for me and so that I could be home to verify the technician and they did all the rest. They're very helpful. They're available to answer any questions that I have.

Sandra

They are wonderful. It all went very smooth, there was just some setback with our local power company for inspections but, other than that it went very smooth. So far its working wonderful and is working exactly the way they said it would. The only negative thing is we were told about a rebate that I was not able to get and that was one of the reasons why I actually decided to put the full set of panels on my house. I think solar panels are a great addition to the home.

Rachel

They were great to work with and I highly recommend them. I've never had any problems with it. They've always worked well with us. We redid my roof when we get the solar panels and it was a little bit complicated but it was good I think. It took a little longer than we originally planned but nothing that I'm complaining about. They were easy to work with and when we ran into a hiccups they made it right.

Paula

They have checked back with me to make sure I'm happy with what what I have and to let me know of upgrades that are available. I'm not an expert on solar equipment, but it seems to be working and doing very well. It was all pretty quick, the salesman did the inspection to make sure that the solar panels would be okay on our roof and then the materials showed up at the curb and they had it all installed in one day. They answered all of my questions and walked me through the whole process.

JENNIFER BIERY

The office staff were fantastic but it felt like once my panel were installed and Horizon was paid, they did not really care about getting everything turned on. I do not think anyone should be paid for the product until it is actually working. I am also very disappointed in the product, my power bill is barely $20 lower than it was before I had panels and some months it is even higher than it used to be, something is wrong with the product.

VERONICA B Medford, OR

I really liked Blake being our lead contact during the signing and installation. I feel we got a great deal but the communication to the loan holder was not as seamless as I expected. We did run into some trouble a year later with them.

Eric

I have an application that allows me to look at the panels and the panels are generating at the level that I was told they would generate. Install started on time and they finished a little early.

Marilyn Burns Roberts, ID

Very professional from start to finish, all the kinks anticipated and worked through. They didn't try to stretch the expected results, they kept it very real and down to earth.

Philip

They were very responsive calls. I had some issues initially and once they were explained to them they took care of me. Really quick. Overall it was good. However the company shows when they're installing cable in our attic broke one of our lights and didn't let us know about it until after they were gone. So I wasn't too pleased with that but the installation process itself went quickly. Very well built, obviously quality material. Well put together.

Tyler

Any time we have issues they come right out and help us with the power inverter and things like that. They helped us to get all the permitting and getting everything lined up for us and then the day of the install. It's been two years now since they came and seems like it was two days it took to finish up everything. But they were really good with working with us and it went well. It seems like it's it's good quality equipment.

Shanna

I felt like they were fair. I don't have any complaints that's for sure. The only issue I have with the solar is just the fact that in the summertime the solar power that we generate stand on down the line it would be nice if we can keep our own reserve because in the winter time we found a little bit short during a couple of months since I've had to pay our bill plus. It took awhile to get the initial up and running.

Amber

I feel that is very affordable, especially not knowing what you're getting into and they have the best prices for sort panels that I see. Everybody is super friendly. I haven't had any issues with the solar panels as of yet. They were there every step of the way and called to check in on progress of the project.

Richard

We had no bill after everything was installed. There was the service charge from Idaho power, but we had our solar panels so we didn't have to worry about it. I think we have more power than what we needed for our home. When we had questions it was taken care of. Everything has worked out great.

Chelsey

The website we use is kind of hard to navigate sometimes. We set up a date for them to come and they had a company that they had hired out to help that came to work on our house putting up the solar panels. It took a little longer than a day because they didn't have all the panels that they needed, but they came back and it quickly was installed and we were up and running and he showed us how to do everything. It was hard to find out how to contact them and then when we did everything else was great.

Justin

Overall it was a really good job. The work was done promptly and everything went very smoothly and I'm happy we got that and I'm trying to help out the environment. They got back to emails pretty quick, there's a few times with a little delay on emails but overall I was happy with customer service and the guys I work with. Always pretty prompt on getting back to me and answering questions and taking care of things.

Kathleen

Covid delayed everything we started at the beginning of the summer. They gave us the phone number and I did call and they always referred me to the next and wouldn't answer my questions and they were just waiting for the permit to go through. The process was pretty smoth. I think it's good solution of helping our selves become independent use it the resources that are available to so hopefully it'll pay off financially for as well. I'll definitely good with them.

Coty

If there is any way to make it easier to track the credit you earn from the solar, that would be good. Other than that it was fine. The install was good as is the equipment. They’ve been really helpful, other than the one time it took a while to get a hold of someone n the beginning. There were no other hiccups.

Reply from Horizon PWR

Thanks for the review, Coty! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Veronica

When my daughter stopped working for them the support kind of dropped off. It went fine. They they don't train their technicians well enough to explain the tax credit savings because I don't think they understand them. I tried to explain to them several times that because of my situation being self employed I don't have taxes withheld so that wasn't ever going to be the case and I can never get the tax credit savings. The guy never understood and he was my daughter's boss. And I don't think she ever got paid on my install actually either. I'm pretty sure she didn't and she never even got a ten ninety nine from the company so I'm not a great fan of horizon power.

Brad

Customer support, some are really great and some were fair. It went real smooth, the guys that came and installed listened to my thoughts and they did it the way I wanted it to be done. It looks like really good stuff and everything works real well. The only real negative I have would be after everything was installed and I had questionsliek should we clean the panels, how can we get snow off them they are supposed to call me back and they never do.

Raymond

We just recently paid ours off, but we didn't know it put a lien on them and we didn't know that that was gonna happen. The people that came to our house were really nice and polite. It was pretty quick. The guys showed up and knocked on the door to demonstrate how they were putting them on and then they showed us how to turn them on and then that was pretty much it. When I had a couple of questions and stuff they answered and it wasn't too long a wait time. Overall the questions were answered quickly and easily.

Stacy Klamath Falls, OR

I don't really have much experience with other equipment, but it seems to work really well and we've never had an issue. It took a little longer than it was expected to take to install, but that was because of Covid, and everything happening at that time, but overall once they were there it went really quickly actually. I thought their customer service was very personable and seemed to really help us out.

Amy

When they were installing it I called them and thought that I need more panels and they convinced me on the phone I didn't need more and I'm finding out that during the winter months I am still getting a bill. I've only had two or three months where I have no bill and I thought I would have solar power to store up in the summer to not have to pay power bill in the winter but I was even paying power bills in the summer. They were small twenty to thirty dollars, but that's still paying for something that I thought I wasn't going to be paying anymore. I don't think it provides as much power as I would like it to. Installation process went just fine.

Cynthia

I really haven't encountered any problems, but when I did call for questions they were able to get that taken care of for me no problem. It was very smooth and I do recall it being quicker than I thought it was going to take. I haven't needed to replace anything, it's only been a few years but with the storms we've had there's been no problem.

Reply from Horizon PWR

These panels are built tough! Let us know if you need anything, Cynthia. We're happy to help.

Daniel

They came in to install and they were done pretty quick, it was very smooth. The installers forgot to hook something up and I called because we got that the first month electrical bill as full price, so they came out and diagnosed it and then paid for that previous bill.

David

I've had a couple issues with the app and communication issues with the the inverter but other than that they've always come through and got it sorted out for me. I'm satisfied because they did the job when they said they would do it and did it in a timely and professional manner. So far it's done exactly what they said it would do and I haven't had any breakdowns. I don't have any reason to not trust them.

Kate

I think they're pretty good. There was a red flag with the installation process. They said they had to wait for the equipment to get delivered so they couldn't install it right now, but literally looking at my front window the panels are here so they were just making excuses. There were some problems with the installation and everything, so that was not very smooth but I guess that comes from using a third party company that delivers the panels. They are always willing to answer the phone and they answer any questions I have.

Dan

Time frames I don't think we quite understood when we decided to go with solar about how long it was going to take for certain things that happen. There were times where I was told I'd be getting correspondence and I never got any correspondence from someone to solve things. The installation seemed to happen really soon. Everything was very up front, they're very honest about why certain things were the way they were.

Lance

They got right on it and didn't waste time. We sat down and determined what would work the best, analyzed what would be the best, and within a couple of days they were out there and did a great job and had everything installed. I've been happy since. I know the difference between the different panels and they've got the best kind of panels available.

Melissa

I did have issues with the installers and I was able to get it figured out for me, but I did have to reach out to them a few times to get everything straightened up. I would say it was pretty smooth. I didn't really have anything that I needed to do for them other than turning up the power and stuff, my involvement was pretty minimal which was nice. I think it went pretty well. I had a problem with the inverter where it went out on me and there was definitely some back and forth needed to happen to get it updated. Overall I'm pretty happy with them, they worked well with me.

I think that they were always available and they answered all of our questions and yeah the support was good. It was pretty smooth for installation. We have an old house and it was challenging I think because it wasn't really set up very well for it, but they were able to find ways around it and make it work with what we had and they did a good job with it.

Kim

Anybody considering getting horizon power, they are definitely the company to go through. Every single questions I have had, I could call or text them and someone answered my questions within an hour. My bill dropped to fourteen dollars a month.

Michael

Any questions I've had or any help I need they try to help. No no issues whatsoever. Went very smoothly. They all had a very good attitude. They were pretty quick and efficient, didn't leave a mess to clean. I'm very impressed with their speed and quality of work. Very professional, very good at issues, very friendly people.

Jaime

The people that came to my house they were very very kind and very nice and they tried to explain everything really well to us. It went pretty slow at the beginning, they schedule an appointment to install the panels and then they rescheduled it and then they rescheduled it again. We spent like four months before they came in and finished it but they did it after all. I guess they were very busy and the weather conditions because they did that in the winter time. It increased the value of house.