Greene Tech Renewable Energy (GTRE) is a locally owned and operated business in Tennessee and has been installing renewable energy systems since its founding in 2008. Through its top tier renewable energy systems, GTRE aims to bring clients sizable savings or eliminate clients’ monthly utility bill, insulate clients from utility rate increases, and increase property value.
- NABCEP Certified Company
- Variety of Services Offered
- Locally Owned and Operated
NABCEP Certified Company
Greene Tech Renewable Energy is a NABCEP (The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) certified company. The NABCEP is a respected and widely recognized certification organization for renewable energy professionals. When a professional is certified by the NABCEP, they meet stringent eligibility, experience and experience requirements, pass the mandatory examination, and meet all training requirements.
Variety of Services Offered
Greene Tech Renewable Energy offers a variety of services in addition to installing solar systems:
- Professional solar panel cleaning — GTRE uses a deionized water system to safely clean solar PV panels increasing efficiency.
- Solar PV system audit and report — Through a system audit, GTRE checks the integrity and functionality of panels and provides a report identifying any issues.
- Sun Bandit solar water heating — GTRE installs Sun Bandit solar water heating systems that uses solar energy to heat up water for your home.
- Wind power — In addition to solar systems, GTRE installs wind turbines as another source for clean and renewable energy.
- Micro hydro — For clients with moving water on their property, GTRE offers installation of micro hydro systems to create energy through installing PowerSpout turbine systems.
Locally Owned and Operated
Greene Tech Renewable Energy is a locally owned and operated business with 13 years of experience in the renewable energy industry. Consumers may avoid aggressive or high pressure selling techniques, such as door-to-door sales, when selecting a local business for solar installation.
- Solar Panels Undisclosed
- Warranty Lengths Undisclosed
Solar Panels Undisclosed
Greene Tech does not disclose the types of panels the company installs or the manufacturers it uses. There are three commonly installed solar panels:
- Amorphous — Amorphous panels are more affordable, but have the lowest efficiency and durability ratings out of the three panel options.
- Polycrystalline — Polycrystalline panels are a good option for clients who have plenty of installation space, but need a more affordable option than monocrystalline.
- Monocrystalline — Monocrystalline panels are popular because they have the highest efficiency ratings and take the least amount of space.
Clients will need to ask for further information on the types of panels Greene Tech provides and research the reputation of the manufacturer.
Warranty Lengths Undisclosed
Warranty information through Greene Tech Renewable Energy is undisclosed. Solar systems are an investment and warranties help protect clients from additional, unexpected costs. Reputable solar companies will offer the following:
- Equipment warranty of 10 to 12 years
- Performance warranty of 90% up to 10 years
- Performance warranty of 8% up to 25 years
The Bottom Line
Greene Tech Renewable Energy is a locally owned and operated company with established experience and credentials in the renewable energy industry through 13 years in business and its NABCEP certification. Consumers who would like to avoid aggressive or high pressure sales tactics that may be used by other nationwide solar companies may benefit from hiring a local company such as GTRE.
Although the company does not disclose its solar panels and warranty information on its website, interested consumers can reach out to GTRE for further information.
View Best Solar Companies