Green Solar Technologies

Green Solar Technologies Logo

Green Solar Technologies

verified
This company offers a 25-year workmanship warranty

Since Green Solar Technologies opened its doors in 1987, it has been providing customers with a hassle-free solar experience. With over three decades of experience under its belt, Green Solar Technologies' goal is to offer high-quality solar energy products at affordable prices.

View Best Solar Companies

#1 Sungevity Logo Sungevity ›

8.8

Overall
Score

#2 Sunrun Logo Sunrun ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#3 Solar Energy World Logo Solar Energy World ›

8.1

Overall
Score

#25 Green Solar Technologies Logo Green Solar Technologies ›

5.8

Overall
Score

The Good

• High Quality Products and Equipment
  • Excellent Warranties
  • Responsive Website and Mobile App

High Quality Products and Equipment

Green Solar Technologies uses high quality solar energy equipment in each of its projects. The company utilizes panels from SolarWorld and REC, which are both respected brands. Green Solar Technologies uses inverters from SolarEdge, which have a smart functionality and comply with UL 1741 SA.

Excellent Warranties

Green Solar Technologies offers some of the best warranties in the industry. The company provides its customers with a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, as well as a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Those who go solar with Green Solar Technologies can be confident that they will be covered if something goes wrong with their system in the first 25 years.

Responsive Website and Mobile App

The Green Solar Technologies website includes a lot of helpful information, as well as a LiveChat feature that allows for live conversation with a company representative. Additionally, the company offers a mobile app so that customers can monitor their solar system from anywhere in the world. This application can be run on a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. The best part is that the app comes with Green Solar Technologies' standard package, so customers do not have to pay anything extra for it.

The Bad

• Limited Payments Options

Limited Payment Options

When it comes to paying for a solar system, Green Solar Technologies only offers two options: purchasing outright or financing with a loan. While each of these payment options come with their own set of advantages, signing into a lease or a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) is a better fit for some consumers, so it would be helpful if Green Solar Technologies offered leases and PPAs.

The Bottom Line

With over 30 years of experience, Green Solar Technologies is a veteran in the solar industry. The company offers lengthy warranties, high quality equipment, and a nifty mobile monitoring app, but does not offer leases or PPAs. If you are interested in a loan or an outright purchase, Green Solar Technologies may be a good fit for you. However, if you'd prefer a lease or a PPA, you'll have better luck with a different solar company.

View Best Solar Companies

john myszko
October 12th, 2018 Española, NM DETAILS

They have lied from the beginning in order to make a sale. They promised many key things and did not come through with their promises in the end. From low monthly rates to a large tax credit. Nothing. BUYER BEWARE !!!

Jacob Manning
October 1st, 2018 Independence, MO DETAILS

My experience has been great from start to finish with Green Solar. I've just now got my first electric bill since having Solar up and running and it's exactly what I expected production wise. Basically I'm paying the same amount i already would be for electricity until I pay off the Solar loan, then it's all gravy from there.

Michael Hancock
September 28th, 2018 Rochelle, GA

They were all so easy to work with great people was eger to help with everything providing all the information needed for us to understand all the aspects of the Solar industry we enjoyed talking to the crew at Green Solar even after it was installed they are still helping us great bunch of People. Thanks

Arnoldo Mendoza
September 26th, 2018 Amarillo, TX

I'm so happy with my investment, going solar its been one of the smartest decisions I've ever made... GreenSolar Technologies were so professional!!

Mike DOMAGALA
September 26th, 2018 Hawthorne, NV DETAILS

Enjoyed working with green Solar Technologies. The sales people told me exactly what I was purchasing and worked to get me easy financing. It only took two days for complete installation. Very happy.

Carolyn Carleton Browe
September 24th, 2018 Elk, CA DETAILS

Seven months ago Green Solar Technology installed a 24-panel set-up for our home, rental unit and art studios. They analyzed last year's electric usage and the layout of our 9.5 acre rural property and recommended a 20-panel installation with an additional 4 panels to account for the anticipated loss of electricity due to the placement 350 ft. below our house in a meadow away from the redwood trees shading our house roof. The installation took only 1-1/2 weeks and for 7 months we have been enjoying negative balance bills from our distribution company, Pacific, Gas and Electric. The installation crew was professional and expedient, the sales people attentive and informative and the financial terms attractive. I would recommend Green Solar Technologies to anyone looking to solarize their home or business.

VickiS
September 21st, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Easy Home improvement project in 20 years of owning our home. Very personal, no hassle/no haggle sales, installation crew on-time every day as well as they cleaned-up behind themselves each day. Great group of professional people from start to finish. No surprises!! Thanks Green Solar

John P Montz
July 23rd, 2018 Premont, TX

They were very helpful in the entire process and answered all the questions I had. The team they sent out to install were very friendly and professional and the job looked great when they were finished.

Alfred Morales
July 23rd, 2018 Simpsonville, SC

Their experience was not so badd. but the issues that we did have with green soler was the fact that they're out of California and I live in South Carolina. HOA and inspections were a pain to deal with. I would suggest calling your HOA for all the rules before calling greensoler. If I had the opportunity to do it all again would i.???? Yes

Buford Permenter
July 19th, 2018 Glenville, PA

GST was the only Solar Company that offered the financing I wanted. They also step up and paid for unseen Street Transformer upgrade that threatened to prevent the project. Very professional and courteous at all times. A great company!

Phil Hoblin
July 18th, 2018 Marina del Rey, CA DETAILS

There was no follow up. The project manager never got anything done with the HOA. They said they would put there lawyers on it. It never happened. All promises no delivery. It has been months and they have done nothing. As the say in Texas, all hat no cattle. There are many other higher rated companies

Glenn Holzmann
July 17th, 2018 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

We had a problem that caused an interruption of production from our solar panels. I called Green Solar and it took almost 24 days to remedy that problem. Luckily my nephew knew how to get the system started after only 2 days, however, the gateway that monitors my system needed attention and Jaleen and Dennis did a wonderful job assisting in getting my service up and running.

Leroy Metzler
July 11th, 2018 Olathe, CO

The is good it just took A while to get things going after the work got going the system is working good the warranty of the system is good the salesman gave me my money worth for the system i got

Edward P.
July 10th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Using an out of state company (Green Solar Technologies) who assured a solar panel system would lower my utility costs and was affordable at the same time due to the local utility company and federal tax rebates, the system was agreed upon. A local sub-contractor eventually installed the system on my roof, but had to make numerous return trips to finish the work. (TOTAL installation time took 5 months from signing the contract to interconnecting with the local power company. My neighbor with a larger system through a LOCAL company went from contract to interconnection in 5 weeks! The after-installation support was an uphill battle as the company is in California and they put the problems of my system on the sub-contractor (THEIR contractor), who dropped the ball by not submitting the rebate registration paperwork to the local power company here in Texas. The system was installed without authorization from the local power company. The sub-contractor was their “guy” so they are ultimately responsible for the situation. The system finally works, but I am out over $3,000.00 in local power system rebate funds....

Barbara Shaw
June 26th, 2018

We have been very happy with the people we have come into contact with, thru email, phone calls and in person. Jake was very helpful at first, patient, took his time to explain details to us. Steve L. has been helpful as well, other than he didn't send the link we needed to be able to monitor our system. But today I had a call from Jayleen and she supplied that missing information and told us we had a check coming for $700. That will be nice but was hoping for more - always, right! The construction crew that came were great! They went to work as soon as they got here. We were not told ahead of time that they were coming but luckily we were here. They did a great job and cleaned up after they were done. We did have to call them as they did not leave papers for the state inspector but he was able to make a call and get the information he needed. We just made our first payment and have not seen any significant change in our electric bill but we are just getting started so we are very anxious to see what that difference will be.

Patty Miller
June 20th, 2018 Pleasant Hill, MO DETAILS

Everyone I have been involved with during my purchase and installation of my solar panels has been wonderful. They have all been focused on making my experience as positive as possible. My installers, Chris and David worked in weather that was not friendly to us and stayed after dark to get my panels installed as quickly as possible. I highly recommend this company when you get ready for your solar experience.

Kenneth Tillman
June 18th, 2018 Carlin, NV

Great people to work with, they stay with you the project completion and beyond!

Paul Gilmartin
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

I received bids from several companies with good Yelp ratings and the reason I went with Green Solar Tech is b/c their warranty against roof leakage was longer than anyone else's and they matched the lowest bid I received from another reputable company. They were always easy to get in contact with and any issues that arose were dealt with in a prompt and professional manner. I wound up using them to also make my house more energy efficient (new windows, insulation, radiant barrier) and got a discount for doing it all at once. I'm very happy and would recommend them to anyone.

Liz Brown
June 8th, 2018 Greenville, NC

I was excited about installing solar and contacted GST. I found the salesman pretty pushy but, after all, it is sales. They asked for all the personal information that could easily lead to identity theft, and - nervously - I supplied it. They asked that I sign a document and discovered it was, before I was ready to fully commit, a full contract that they 'needed before they could proceed.' That's when I balked. My finances no longer allow this investment, and I asked them to delete my file. Since then they have called every four or five days, in spite of me asking repeatedly for them to stop. Yes I am very supportive of putting solar energy to work but if I ask for an end to this business relationship I expect that request to be honored. If I am able to invest in solar in the future, I would prefer to hire a local company rather than this hard-sell company two thousand miles away. I read reviews and people are mostly happy with them but I wish they would back off from the hard sell.

Timothy Wyckoff
June 7th, 2018 Stanfield, NC DETAILS

Good company, easy experience. Very hands free, told them what I wanted and they got it done.

George Anderson
May 31st, 2018 Odessa, TX DETAILS

Great service with Green Solar Technologies. Start to finish was less than a month.

Jean B.
May 29th, 2018 Encino, CA DETAILS

We would like to update our previous post. After placing our review, the company contacted us and we worked out an amicable and reasonable solution to our issues. We feel the company handled the issue with the utmost professionalism and are very pleased by their integrity in this matter. Mistakes happen and no one is perfect. Finding a mutually satisfying solution to a mistake is what counts in the end. And that is what Green Solar did in this case. We admire how they handled the matter, as we often are left hanging with issues related to contractors. Green Solar did not leave us hanging. They immediately became a part of the solution which was hugely helpful to us."

Rafael Torres
May 11th, 2018 Calipatria, CA DETAILS

Thank you. GREEN SOLAR for your honesty and quick job well done.

Alicia Carlile
May 10th, 2018 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

Green Solar Technologies did a great job for me. They installed on a professional and timely Mamet and have followed up with me. When they discovered Oncor had not done their part to insure I got credit for the energy produced they got in straighten out very quickly and then reviewed my electric bills and and sent me a check for the energy i hasn’t been credited for. Excellent service.

Alicia Carlile
May 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Green Solar Texhnologoes has been the best from start to finish. They discovered Oncor/TXU wasn’t properly crediting me for the power I produced and immediately set out to get it corrected. Then they reviewed a full years worth of electrode bills and Hreen Solar issued me a check for the energy TXU should have credited me for. That’s what I call service.

Brad Holland
May 9th, 2018 Blackwell, TX

Green Solar did a outstanding job, from sales to completion. Highly recommend this company.

John P Hall
May 7th, 2018 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS

They did a grea job explaining and a great job installing the solar panels, went online Jan.4,2018 my power bill has dropped $70.00, the long term investment will pay off

Luvina Albright
May 16th, 2018 Alturas, CA DETAILS

What a great company to work with. I would highly recommend this copy for your solar needs. They were very helpful and knowledgeable and attentive to my needs during the process.

Lonny Spratlen
May 7th, 2018 Muleshoe, TX DETAILS

I purchased 26 solar panels from Green Solar Technologies about a year and a half ago. The installation was very professional and quick. I have since been saving between $100 and $150 per month on my electric bill.

Harold Wickham
May 7th, 2018 Dayton, NV DETAILS

Imagine an 0.87 cent electric bill... welcome to Green Solar Technologies... that is correct my electric bill last month was 87 cent. I now own a 5 kilowatt solar system. I also just received a $11,000.00 federal tax rebate to help pay for the system. The contract, installation and service are Excellent... Solar is a no brainer... install and save.

Sandafer logan
May 16th, 2018 Panguitch, UT DETAILS

In tial hook up in June 2017 great, little slow on customer service, needed finally situation corrected, and solar service is great, generating more power than I thought we were. Awesome.

SUSAN MILLER
May 18th, 2018 Daingerfield, TX DETAILS

Green Solar was very helpful in working with me so I could afford to purchase the solar system. Every time I have called with any question they have responded quickly.

Bruce Bailey
May 7th, 2018 Conway, SC DETAILS

Green Solar Tech was an absolute pleasure to work with. The entire team was very courteous and helpful through the process. Great workmanship. We are very pleased.

Tisha Tench
May 7th, 2018 Mimbres, NM DETAILS

Green Solar worked with from day one to make sure our project was done correctly. Their employees are top notch, communicating throughput out the process and answering all our questions. The local subcontractor was also top notch. The work ethic of their employees is hard to find now days. They worked until the project was finished and left the job site neat and clean. Our system is running smoothly, producing all of our required electricity.

Patty
March 27th, 2018 Rochelle, GA

Great help from Jayleen B.. Geddy F. Jonathan B. Carl M. All these people helped out with any Questions and with anything we needed on our Solar installation. Thanks to you all.

Robert Carroll
March 15th, 2018 Yreka, CA DETAILS

Took my money and provided good service until system was installed. Since then they have been a nightmare....terrible at getting back to me with issues with my local power company Pacific Power located here in the Shasta Valley CA! Sub contract out installation which is probably the normal way the solar business works. I just hope nothing goes wrong in the future because they have been terrible at responding back in a timely manner. One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company who I spent a good deal of money $28K. Do yourself a favor and shop around before signing up with these guys. There are great up until it is up and running and then terrible with the subsequent issues!

Jennifer
January 30th, 2018 Sneads Ferry, NC

I have no idea if their product is any good because I couldn't get passed the initial people on the phone. The first girl was early 20s, unable to hear anything with her Bluetooth and then tried to put me on hold because she had a client from NY calling her. What?!?! The next guy at least could talk to me like an intelligent human, but didn't go any further because he said it wouldn't reduce my bills to get solar. I couldn't seem to get past them that I wasn't interested in financing, therefore there would be no monthly bill, maybe I'm just actually interested in renewable energy.

Steve Swanberg
December 13th, 2017 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

I had my system installed 2 years ago, Oct 2015. The system generates exactly the amount of energy I need on a yearly basis. A little too much generated in the winter vs amount of electricity we use, not quite enough in the summer due to A/C usage. So their calculations were spot on for number of panels needed. My average electric bill was $120-150, now it's $4 to $10, which are surcharges from Edison. Installation by Green Solar was very professional, all worked perfectly first time with no problems since. I chose Green Solar because of 1) Price was best of 4 quotes, 2) They use world proven 25 yr warranteed panels with distributed Micro-inverters rather than one large inverter. I'm very happy with my choice of companies.

Maryellen Koester
November 28th, 2017 DETAILS

We were told that our solar payment would offset our electric bill. Now we pay $180 solar and an average of $120 electric. Our electric bill has only decreased by about $60. Solar panels are productive for about 4 hrs a day. I don’t believe they were truthful in their sales pitch. We have contacted them and our electric company often, but basically what’s done is done. Panels look nice and installation was hassle free, just disappointed with the costs.

Carold Whisnant
June 14th, 2017

Materials scheduled and delivered on time and stored appropriately. Has the most professional installation staff (Leggett Electrical). Clearly this was not their first rodeo. They came on site, knew their tasks, review the job with staff, clarified answers to any questions staff had; . ensured safety at all times Engineer kept the staff on task ensuring timely completion. very courteous and informative. Engineer on site verified task completion. Coordination between Leggett Electrical and Salt River Project for the entire project was outstanding and timely. Both parties kept me informed and involved. I purchased the system Green Solar Technologies played a key role in the financing and upper level tasks associated with the purchase and installation. Green Solar Technologies is taking a lead role in resolving noise observed by occupants. I was impressed with the monitoring of the system to ensure consistent service and the promise to respond to any interruption. I like the guarantee to be there when I need them. Customer Service has ben very positive. I just retired from a career AT a nuclear power plant. Customer Service is keeps a nuclear power plant in business. I would gladly do business with Green Solar Technologies and Leggett Electrical in the future.

superhirigger superhirigger
May 8th, 2017

Grant M Dorsey Service was exceptional, dates and management A+ Workmanship was professional equipment is top notch signed, Grant Dorsey

Joyce Stavbin
April 17th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

They lie and will tell you what ever it takes to make a sale. Like you can sell your tax credit and not to worry they Will handle everything. Not! Sorry I ever heard of them. Now we are paying $8000 more for our system. It wasn't just one salesperson that told us this, buy two This is not saving us any money. Forget talking to anyone about it, you are just ignored, and being several States away you can't camp out in their offices. Don't do business with them.

nick zwik
June 27th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

They are not accredited with the BBB and still have A+ rating which is mostly accomplished with paying . the Warranty is 25 years which beats most companies at 10 years .. customer service is fantastic with online monitoring .