Future Energy Savers Logo

Future Energy Savers

Is This Your Business?

6.2

LAST UPDATED: November 28th, 2022

Future Energy Savers was founded in 1978 and is a family-owned company that has been serving California residents for more than 40 years. Originally, its business model was based on insulating homes to help its customers improve energy efficiency, reduce their energy bills, and conserve natural resources.

Now, Future Energy Savers has expanded into other areas, such as solar electric, HVAC, exterior coatings, and window replacements. The company has become an industry leader and has won numerous awards and accolades from state agencies and local utility providers. To date, Future Energy Savers has installed over 6,500 solar systems and provided thousands of Californians with solar panels.

The Good

• USA-Manufactured Solar Panels
  • Quick Solar Process
  • Solar Energy Storage Option Available
  • Online System Monitoring
  • Time in Business

USA-Manufactured Solar Panels

Homeowners who choose a solar installation from Future Energy Savers will receive solar panels that were manufactured in the United States.

Quick Solar Process

Future Energy Savers can design and install most systems within 2 to 3 weeks from the time the customer selects their system options. This timeline includes securing permits and utility or other required approvals. The system will be powered up after a final inspection by the customer's utility company, usually within another week or two.

Solar Energy Storage Option Available

A solar system will not continue to bring power to your home during a power outage. However, Future Energy Savers offers an optional battery backup feature that you can have installed with your solar system to provide you with limited amounts of stored renewable energy power during such outages. The company features products from Generac, one of the industry leaders in natural gas and renewable energy storage.

This is not included as part of the typical solar panel installation; therefore, if you are interested in battery backup and reducing your dependence on fossil fuel, you will need to talk with Future Energy Savers for costs and other details.

Online System Monitoring

The Future Energy Savers website doesn't explicitly state whether or not the company offers any type of online monitoring system; however, several of the testimonials on the Future Energy Savers website feature customers raving about the 24/7 online monitoring that they have access to. Basically, it appears that Future Energy Savers offers monitoring, but it would be wise for potential customers to confirm this feature with the company.

Time in Business

Future Energy Savers is incredibly experienced and has been in business improving energy efficiency for homeowners in California for more than four decades. While the company originally provided insulation for homes, it now offers a variety of energy efficiency solutions, including solar electric, roofing, heating and air conditioning, exterior coatings, and window replacement, to help customers reduce energy costs and take control of their utility bills.

The Bad

• Vague Financing Options
  • Mixed Feedback on Online Public Forums

Vague Financing Options

Future Energy Savers mentions offering solar customers a number of financing options to help facilitate their solar installation; however, solar energy company provides little useful information or details on said payment options. Most solar providers partner with local banks or credit unions and/or third-party clean energy upgrade lenders to offer homeowners low-rate solar loan financing.

Other companies also provide solar leasing or power purchase agreement products as part of their financing options suite.

Mixed Feedback on Online Public Forums

We scoured the online public forums and found mixed feedback in regards to how Future Energy Savers does business.  The majority of complaints were due to company sales reps not showing up for scheduled appointments and door-to-door salespeople being pushy. There was also a multitude of complaints regarding relentless telemarketing practices. The company's owner does, however, respond to the complaints, which shows that Future Energy Savers is at least willing to try to resolve any issues that arise.

The Bottom Line

Future Energy Savers offers several attractive features, including American-made solar panels, a quick design and installation process, battery backup options, and online monitoring. Additionally, the company has decades of experience and provides a variety of energy efficient products and services. However, the company has received mixed feedback and a number of complaints on online public forums.

View Best Solar Companies

JJT Campbell, CA

Nothing but positive comments for this company. They arrived on time, did what they said they would do and worked with us on getting a new electrical panel since ours needed to be updated before they could install the solar. They cleaned up and even did some painting when they needed to add a pipe thing to cover the lines with the new electrical panel. They noticed right away when our reporting system went down (once due to inadvertently being unplugged, once due to a WiFi change) and called/emailed us. We've never had to pay anything at true-up so it seems they estimated our needs correctly. Highly recommend.

Chuck May La Verne, CA

I had Future Energy Savers install a 6k system on my roof 2 years ago and it was a very easy install. They took care of all the permits and engineering drawings for them. The instillation took 4 hours for the new electrical box. The next day they installed 20 panels on my newly painted tile red tile roof in 4 hours. I had no roof tile damage at all and no leaks. The system works very good and has 24/7 monitoring on my computer. The trees on the South side of the houses need to be a long way away or in December the winter sun is so low in the sky that power on a sunny day will be about 1/3 of the July 4th maximum power. I received the engineering drawings and permits on final city inspection. I had 5 estimates on price of a system and Future had a good price. Future Energy Savers has a service facility 12 miles from my instillation. I have never had to call them because the system is working great. Their design was right on target and my last years Electric bill was $6.55 over my generation.

Judith Woodard West Sacramento, CA

We were skeptical of any company that goes door to door and we had several companies coming around our neighborhood. After we did some online research we decided to talk with Future Energy savers and we thought it sounded very good. We have not been disappointed. The scheduling all went well and the technicians who installed were professional and courteous. The installation was explained well and I was shown the details of operating the controls. A few weeks after our installation one of the technicians came out to reset something in the controls because he said their monitor showed a problem. We run our AC at 75 around the clock and our energy bill has been in the negative all summer, even while outdoor temperatures have been well over 100 degrees in our area west of Sacramento. We refinanced our home to pay off the loan from them so we have no experience with that.

Michael Aguilera Tracy, CA

Initially was skeptical when a door salesman came up. I was already going to lease with another company and had permits pulled. The Future sales man stated what future was about and asked me to read the fine print in my lease contract, if I was ok with it the great. He said if you don't like it call me. Needless to say I'm glad I didn't lease, I got back a little over 14K this year in taxes with i wouldn't have seen a dime if I leased. Every time I call future with questions they're always on it. They do have online monitoring and its great, it updates your solar production every 15min. You can run reports, it has all kinds of cool features.

R. Muehlhausen Rialto, CA

The whole installation was a slam dunk from start to finish. The 24/7 monitoring on our home computers from our wi/fi router is a smashing success. Between the So. California brush fires and the constant dust blowing in from the Cajon Pass, the monitoring system tells you when you need to consider going up on your roof and spraying off this debris and restoring the system's output. The installers were full-time paid and uniformed employees with health benefits. They arrived on site in company vehicles with everything they needed, never took a break, and performed a meticulous clean-up at the end. Except for the presence of the solar panels on our roof, it was like they were never here. And here's the best part: our first full month electric bill with the household air-conditioning running full-blast through almost 3 weeks of 100 degree + temperatures, a swimming pool/jacuzzi, 5 flatscreen Televisions, 2 refrigerators, and a home office with 3 computers, faxes and copying machines - $5.80 for a local county grid fee tax. What's not to like?

Donovan Ahlquist Vacaville, CA

We were very pleased with Future Energy Savers, as they installed as much as our circuits could handle without changing the entire braker box, saving us thousands.!They cooperated with our tree subcontractor and made our billing easier! They were on time, efficient, cleaned up well, were courteous, and followed up after the installation, ensuring our panels output was equal or greater than predicted.!

Vi Tevlin Fairfield, CA

Knowledgeable, helpful, professional staff and service. Very prompt and timely. Excellent quality American-made Solar Panel equipment and monitoring with a 30-year warranty. Company is long established and will not use hard sell strategies, but rather helps the customer achieve their goals, including financing. Would recommend this company over -and- over again! Variety of office locations in Northern California, San Jose, and Rancho Cucamonga in Southern California, so they can Service California well!

The vosefski family Rio Vista, CA

I had been putting off solar for a couple of years, well I finally gave into it since my husband had wanted it for so long. Future energy savers were great from beginning to end, all of their workers were nice and they did everything they said they would. Excited to start saving! The Vosefski Family

M. Aulman Woodland, CA

We Worked with Future Energy Saver consultant Eitan G on a solar plan for our home. Unfortunately, the engineering did not pencil out, but Eitan was extremely knowledgeable and professional. We would certainly recommend calling Eitan and Future Energy Savers if you are considering solar for your home.

Eric West San Jose, CA

I was the first in my neighborhood to go with Future Energy Savers, and consequently I got a great price $17K with microinverters (3.5KW) before any rebate. The system has been working with 100% uptime for four years. I actually purchased a 3KW system, but they gave me 3.5KW at no extra cost to be sure they hit the target.

BEVERLY VAN GUNDY San Leandro, CA

I had two of my solar panels go out. They called me and told me they where out and replaced them within a week or two. It didn't cost me a thing. also I can view them online BJVG

Mary Calloway Highland, CA

Great sales and service. They wre professional, kept me informed about Edison delays and the monitoring has helped me to stay on top of our usage especially helpful with the cold winter. I woul definitely recommend Future,

Isabel Martins Elk Grove, CA

Hi. I purchased my solar from Future and so far, I am really happy. The sales rep Briana was an amazing seller and answered all our questions. Go Future.