Fusion Power Logo

Fusion Power

7.9

Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Fusion Power is a vertically integrated solar provider that has installed more than 4,000 solar PV systems throughout the state. The company serves residential, commercial, and governmental clients, offers robust financing options, and has saved customers millions in collective dollars on their energy bills.

Fusion Power is currently offering a Summer 2021 promotion that includes a complete solar panel system for $0 out of pocket.

The Good

• Vertically Integrated Company
  • Wide Selection of Solar Products
  • Competitive Warranties
  • NABCEP Certified
  • Multiple Financing Options

Vertically Integrated Company

Fusion Power is a vertically integrated solar panel installation company, meaning everything from the initial energy consultation to the final install and interconnection to the power grid is handled in-house. Fusion Power's energy consultants are well versed in state and federal incentives like the Federal Tax Credit, as well as how to maximize the energy output of your home solar panel system.

The company's expert design and NABCEP-trained installation teams will then work together to build you the perfect solar power system. And the solar installer's customer support team will ensure smooth operation post-install, and send help to service the system should the need arise.

Outside of manufacturing the system's physical components, Fusion Power is available to help, every step of the way — only one point of contact, and no third-party contractors.

Wide Selection of Solar Products

Fusion Power provides the homeowner with a variety of solar panels and inverters. This wide selection carries the advantage of both maximizing the solar energy of their home while also staying within the customer's budget. Fusion Power's solar products include solar panels from SunPower, the industry-leading producer of high-efficiency solar cells. The company also installs inverter and monitoring technology from Enphase.

Competitive Warranties

The solar installer guarantees its work with competitive industry warranties. These include a 12 to 25-year equipment warranty (from the manufacturer) and a 10-year workmanship warranty. Product warranties cover damaged or defective system components that inhibit the performance of the systems. The 10-year labor warranty (considered the industry average), covers the physical work put into the system, and covers necessary maintenance in the event the energy output has been negatively affected in any way.

NABCEP Certified

Fusion Power has been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), which means not only does the company install some of the best solar panels and solar inverters on the market, but its technicians have also undergone advanced training measures to ensure the systems are expertly installed and built to last.

Multiple Financing Options

Customers of Fusion Power can finance their solar energy system in a number of ways:

• Cash purchase — requires the greatest upfront investment, but offers the greatest potential return on that investment; requires no monthly payments; entitles buyers to both federal-level and state-level incentives including the federal solar tax credit; comes with a 25-year extended equipment warranty.
  • Solar loan — no upfront payment required, and comes with low monthly payments from leading solar lenders like Mosaic, Dividend, and more; comes with all the benefits of ownership, including incentives and tax credits, along with the 25-year equipment warranty.
  • Solar lease — zero money down and low monthly payments; all installation and maintenance costs are the company's responsibility; power production guaranteed for the life of the solar panel system; warranty included.
  • Power purchase agreement (PPA) — only pay monthly for the power you produce; zero upfront costs; 25-year equipment warranty; production guaranteed.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Unclear Solar Battery Offering

Limited Availability

Fusion Power is only available to residents of Arizona, which is quickly becoming one of the most popular destinations for solar installers. Arizona residents can see Fusion Power's work in any of the following cities and beyond:

• Phoenix
  • Chandler
  • Tempe
  • Mesa
  • Queen Creek

Customers are encouraged to read verified Fusion Power reviews to determine if the company's services are best for them.

Unclear Solar Battery Offering

We were unable to determine whether Fusion Power offers system upgrades like solar batteries or clean energy, natural gas generators. Solar battery models like the Tesla Powerwall or Generac PWRcell are quickly becoming one of the most widely sought after features of any solar energy system. Solar batteries store surplus solar power that can be used to charge an electric vehicle, in case of an emergency, or during the night time, thus expanding the system's overall efficiency.

The Bottom Line

Fusion Power’s access to industry-leading solar products, its NABCEP certification, and competitive financing options make the company a solid candidate for Arizona residents interested in going solar. Homeowners are encouraged to read Fusion Power reviews and reach out to the company directly for a free quote and deeper look at specific solar panel and financing options.

Message from
Fusion Power

Fusion Power offers the best value in Arizona when it comes to going solar. For the last four years, Fusion has been the top selling solar sales company in the state. The process of going solar with Fusion is very simple and requires no money out of pocket. Our customers start saving on day one. We provide the best equipment and warranties on the market, along with the best pricing available. Our experienced professionals provide a world class experience for our customers. We are a full service provider, with NAPCEP-certified engineers, ensuring your design and installation meet all code requirements and exceed expectations. Our Customer Service and Account Management teams are deeply focused on providing clear, concise, and consistent communication to our customers from the time of consultation all the way through interconnection. We will communicate at each juncture during the process so customers know exactly what to expect next.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.6

ALICIA MANRIQUEZ Phoenix, AZ

I rate them highly because of the Honesty of Solar rep , Zach Bee. The key to getting your Solar is in the Honesty of the Representative quoting you and not over selling the solar. I have paid off my Solar and also received my tax credit, which was like bonus. By bill has bee n in the negative. Saving so much money. This is because I was not oversold on my Solar.

Michael Melis Phoenix, AZ

They need to do better in clarifying what will happen and when and keeping the customer informed of same instead of the customer having to do the follow up. Plus their answers to some of the things I asked about were clearly not true which is really upsetting.

R Garcia El Mirage, AZ

Well you know originally there was a lot of excitement, unfortunately this all happened during the pandemic so fusion Powers phone calling became like every other business across the country, we are experiencing pandemic at this time and we are so much busier than normal that we cannot answer any questions for anyone will try to reply to your email within a week maybe, all right that might have been work for work but that's kind of the way it was that at this point if I had any questions I wouldn't even know who to call or where or when, the solar power the people that installed it yeah that all works they were actually fairly decent individuals just kind of weird installation of the AC and those people didn't want to be here either anyways because of the pandemic maybe it was all a bad situation at the time at this point it's like we just don't even know each other we don't.

Ken Davis Sun City West, AZ

Our salesman Jacob Browning was very enthusiastic and sufficiently thorough in his sales pitch. He did get the sizing (24 panels) correct. The problem is that he convinced us to pay more than necessary for the product provided by SunRun. He also made some promises that he did not keep. When we tried to contact him about these things after the sale, he was not available. He did not answer our phone calls. Now we can only negotiate with SunRun.

Jason McDonnell Mesa, AZ

Every process from the sales team to the installation to the turning on of the panels was extremely smooth. I never felt like I was being coerced into something I didn't want. Very professional and helpful.

Calin Peoria, AZ

Overall it has been a good experience. They could be a bit more transparent with you with every detail of the process to make the transition a little easier but the only downside is the loan company they use. It was only inconvenient but you can’t really avoid those things. It is not so much their fault as mine.

V Litchfield Park, AZ

Customer service is great. There are no hassles if you call. They are really easy to work with. I had an issue with the pressure on my ceiling and they came out within the week to make sure to fix the problem. It was fantastic. They made sure everything was clean after it was installed. The panels are working. I am happy with the whole system.

Beverly

All my expectations are met. I am banking on them for the hot Arizona summer. They have been very attentive and answered all my questions. Installation was poor because I have a metal roof so it was three months before it was installed.

Michael Surprise, AZ

I have recommended Fusion Power to friends and two of them have already used them for installation. They were great. They were neat. It was efficient and quick and they equipment has help up.

carol r benson Sun City West, AZ

Equipment is good and I haven't had to pay a utility bill so far even after the hot summer we had last year. The lease payment covers it along with the credit I accumlate in the winter.

Richard Ehlert Sun City, AZ

The Fusion Power representative explained things well to us before sign up. The installation and usage has gone just as we expected. Any questions we have had were answered promptly and explained well.

Anonymous Phoenix, AZ

Salesperson was very professional and good. It is not giving me as much of a reduction in my bill as I thought it would and it took longer to get installed than I thought it would because they are really disjointed. There were problems with permits.

Barbara Sun City West, AZ

It has stood up well against storms and bad things that have happened. It has gone very well. One time a person in my neighborhood turned off my power and they were out immediately to restore my power.

Mary Kelly Sun City, AZ

Although I am very satisfied with the financial set-up of leasing, I do not get the tax credits from the feds or state. I am saving money with no money out of pocket however I'm not sure if ownership or leasing in the long term is financially advantageous. Age is a factor. I am 70. I do not regret deciding to lease.

yvonne kohli Sun City West, AZ

Your salesperson, Beau, was very forthcoming, informative and helpful, and the techs were fast and efficient. However, I was told I would receive a $1000 signup payment and after over four months this has not happened, altho Beau says he is following up. I counted on this money and need it now.

Anthony Peoria, AZ

My sales rep was phenomenal. He put everything out there for me so I understood very clearly. There are no hidden charges or things. They don’t try to sugar coat things. All my questions were answered. They have been on top of my situation from the beginning.

Mitch Cobb Phoenix, AZ

Communication wasn't as good as it should be. They also never got back to me about painting the conduit they installed. Nor did they call back about replacing a broken tile they broke on my roof.

Diana Rivera Phoenix, AZ

Because I didn't know some other company was going to install my solar. Who do I call if I have problems later on? I was disappointed that Fusion Power didn't handle the whole job.

Monica Hall Surprise, AZ

Outstanding agent Jayme C signed us up, followed up with us and every referral we provided. Installation went perfectly.

Marie Cefalu Chandler, AZ

Fusion power has been great solar provider. My only concern is when I had issues with my system, I did not get a consistent update on when it would be fixed.

joseph thomas Sun City, AZ

I was told by their rep, Jacob, that I would never see an APS bill again. In fact, I should receive a check from them each January.The first year I had to pay over $400 to Aps, besides my payment to Sunrun Also, my roof leaks underneath where they put a panel and they refuse to fix it, saying my roof was in bad condition. It never leaked until they installed panels..

Edward Phoenix, AZ

I was impressed how quickly everything was put up. They came and did the job in one day. It was fabulous. It has been working well for me. I am happy I did it.

Duane Manderscheid Sun City West, AZ

had a pigeon problem and was told that now it would cost me $1300 for the pigeon guards that I had been promised at installation but there was not a contract with supplier in place at that time so now the problem is mine.

Lonnie K Frost Florence, AZ

System works fine but pigeon guards were not installed initially and should have been. Our area has pigeon problems and they love to roost under the panels and create a filthy mess. The installer should have known this and taken the necessary measures to prevent this happening.

Stephen Bourdeau Sun City, AZ

This is a long comment. I base my ratings more so on Sunrun, but it was through Fusion Power through whom I contracted with Sunrun. I'm quite a bit unhappy with Sunrun and wish the Fusion (Sunrun) salesperson had not recommended Sunrun, but an other similar provider.. I have attempted to have my Sunrun (Titan) solar panel system reevaluated, because the figures they used for initial design were not reflective of normal use. The summer figures used were skewed since the house had been empty for a couple of months before I bought it and moved in late July. I'm now in a quandary, because I'm paying more for electricity than before and fear I'll continue to pay more if the system is not reevaluated and redesigned to reflect actual usage based on current statements. The “Solar Credit” is never greater than the monthly $58 charge. The “Solar Credit” should be greater than the monthly $58 service charge. That's why I pay more for electricity now than before. No one at Sunrun customer service seems to get it? It's not rocket science! It shows the problem in the simplest form! Frustrated, I even attempted to contact Fusion Power for help, but that was fruitless. The phone number provided connected me with a sales type individual who couldn't help. During, over a year of dealing with Sunrun customer service, they kept losing utility statements I sent electronically and they kept assigning new analysts to work on my case who really knew nothing and I kept having to explain the issue and resend lost statements and I had already sent and more than once. I quit battling Sunrun for a bit, because of Covid and resulting in a loss of full time staff, but I plan to restart this battle this summer.

Courtney Glenn Surprise, AZ

Our home seems warmer than it did before with 2 new units, duct sealing, and solar. Our air has to be between 74-76 to be comfortable and there is noticeable difference in varying rooms. The company that did the duct sealing came out and now says we need new insulation....we didn't have an issue with cooling before we started this process. It doesn't make sense. Our bill is lower, but with the payment for the solar, it's about the same.

Estelle Rockley Sun City, AZ

The savings is INCREDIBLE! There is nothing to worry about, check, fix, change. All systems are go, all the time. The bill last month was $2.54! Wow!

Denise Peoria, AZ

Customer support is readily available to answer questions throughout the process. Anytime we needed anything, Fusion Power responded quickly. It is easy to understand.

Richard Sun City, AZ

Installation went fine. They did what they said they were going to do. It is working fine. My electric bill has been lowered so I am happy. I like the program and I would recommend them.

John Hall Mesa, AZ

Took longer than promised"¦system under produces"¦panels are not black"¦they put extra holes in my brand new roof"¦they did come through on an issue but first tried to make me pay. Impossible to get a responsible person on the phone! Tried to get me to review them before I was even completed"¦

Linda Davenport Sun City West, AZ

I have sun, I have solar panels. I am disappointed in the customer service. I had bird issues, which I was not warned about and requested that you folks put up the netting. This was suggested by others who have had the same issue and their company provided this service. 600.00 later I have the issue resolved, no thanks to my provider. I have not referred you folks to anyone because I feel you just took my business and left. Also, I feel I should have had more panels as I am not gaining much freedom from the power company.

Thurman

We have been looking at different solar companies for a little while and the guy that came out was kind and explained everything pretty good and let us make the decision. We have an issue with the referral program. It was kind of a hassle to get what was promised to us for referring a customer, but customer service got it taken care of.

Mark Sun City West, AZ

Fusion Power employees understand their business and could answer my questions. They communicated with me throughout the installation and managed the project expertly. Everything happened on time or they let me know about the time adjustment before it happened.

James Dodson Sun City West, AZ

Your product quality is good. I’m unhappy because I’m paying more for power now & that isn’t what I thought was going to happen. The pitch for going to solar was supposed to be to save money. But really has bothered me is your customer service people want to continue the lie by telling the reason my costs are going is my fault because I’m using more power than I did before I had solar power. My belief is that the program is set by ASP so that everyone who gets solar power will pay more.

Lisa Queen Creek, AZ

The equipment looks sturdy. We’ve noticed that it is definitely working and there is a big difference in our bill. It is expensive but it would definitely recommend them. There are so many different companies involved with fusion power that I did have issues with a few in the beginning but customer service is easy to get in contact with and overall it wasn’t too bad.

Hanrion

Any time I’ve had any issues or problems, they’ve been able to resolve my issues right then and there and if they couldn’t they were able to give me a time line and they stuck with it. Everything has panned out exactly as they said. Installation was seamless. They came in and took care of it. I didn’t have to do anything. I would like it more if they used a different financing company.

Lorrayne Arizona City, AZ

Before fusion the highest bill I had was 140 during the hot months and $60 from October through April. Now no matter what I have $114 per month plus the aps bill. This was a major mistake.

Michelle Glendale, AZ

Sales person bullied us and made promises he did not keep. The installers installed the solar box in a location that blocked my pest control box. They said they would fix it but they never did and didn't return my calls.

H Phoenix, AZ

It took a long time for everything to get together for it to be installed but they have great customer service that explains everything terrifically and gets things fixed as soon as possible.

John Murphy Phoenix, AZ

We are not getting nearly enough power generated in the spring months to give us credits for the summer, so with the cost of the loan, we're spending more than we were without solar.

Frisbie Sun City West, AZ

Everything has gone smoothly. They are efficient. We haven’t had to call anybody because everything is done correctly the first time.

A Casa Grande, AZ

The one time I needed support, they were exceptional. It snowed when it was installed and they were very informative and did what they were supposed to.

Morgan Ayers Surprise, AZ

My son and I bought Solar on the same day but from different companies. His company delivered their product and completed the project on time. Fusion solar took two months longer to complete the project.

Pete Tempe, AZ

Install went well. Has issue where it was not communicated the load controller did not control car charger and GM got hit with demand charges. Only offered a token reimbursement.

Roger c Barr Casa Grande, AZ

one reason is one sales person sold me solar panel he said i would get full rebate within 2 years for i could pay down 20% of loan . He was wrong. I also just had to pay a $400 dollar electric bill.

Richard Tucker Sun City West, AZ

The first salesman said we would pay 120.00 per month and it would not go up. When it came time to sign the contract we were told it would go up each year a dollar or two per month.. This is called BAIT AND SWITCH. We stupidly went along with it. So we are stuck with it.

Tom Simmons Casa Grande, AZ

I have a minor problem that has existed since the day I started, your team tried for 2-3 months to fix it then quit trying, I am now told it is a grid issue even though I am the Only customer being affected.

Carol Arizona City, AZ

Seems to be good. The installer were great. It can be difficult to figure out but once you get it set up it is night and day and customer service is the best it can be.

Dale Phoenix, AZ

All my questions have been answered to my satisfaction and the appointments were made and they showed up on time and cleaned up afterwards. It went very well.

Elias Chandler, AZ

First issue was with the initial inspection of the roof for the solar panels. The guy was scheduled to come out and call the day of, but never showed up. This put the project about 1 month behind because they inspection was not down, then the plan was not correct because of specific vents on the roof and had to wait a couple months for that to be re-created (little to no updates during this process). Once everything was approved, the installation and rest of the setup was quick. Secondly, they sell you on $0 down and you'll get $12K from a tax return/reimbursement that just needs to go to the loan. The problem is we only get $6K each year for 2 years. They said that they will raise monthly payments if this required payment is not met, which we couldn't meet because we don't have an extra $6K laying around. They were not upfront about how this works and hence the 2 of 5 stars. Power bill did drop from about $400 per month to $25, so that is a positive.