Freedom Forever Logo

Freedom Forever

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: March 17th, 2022

Freedom Forever is a residential solar contractor, serving over 20 states in the nation. The company specializes in the construction, engineering, and procurement of solar products and systems. Opening in 2011, the company has experienced an incredible amount of growth and continues to open services to even more locations. While the company headquarters is in California, the company offers services to 24 states, with an additional six states services coming soon.

For the past four years, Inc. 500 has included Freedom Forever on the list of “Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S.”

The Good

• Helpful and Informative Website
  • Impressive Following
  • Opened Since 2011

Helpful and Informative Website

Freedom Forever’s website has several aspects focused on basic solar knowledge. For example, the website gives access to resources like podcasts, basic solar knowledge, tax incentives for every state, and state-specific solar benefits. One of the most helpful sections is a state-by-state breakdown of solar benefits, incentives, and information. For each state, Freedom Forever has provided clear information about tax breakdowns and incentives. Each state’s weather is accounted for and includes recommendations. Tips and suggestions are included for each resident, depending on his or her state.

Solar can be an overwhelming industry to enter. This clear and simple information can help future clients feel confident going forward and make informed decisions. Freedom Forever also seems trustworthy in its efforts to better serve the specific needs of its customers. The website is client-focused, well-researched, and transparent.

Impressive Following

On all social media — Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. — Freedom Forever has an impressive following, especially compared to other solar companies. Not many solar companies have followers, posts, or even social media. The company is active on these platforms and posts regularly. Not only is the content helpful and informative, but it also shows clients that Freedom Forever is well established, credible, and professional.

Opened Since 2011

Freedom Forever has over 10 years of company operations and solar experience. Compared to other solar companies, Freedom Forever is one of the more established solar companies in the industry. In just 10 years, the company has expanded services to 24 states, grown top-brand partnerships, and successfully completed countless solar projects. Freedom Forever seems to be a well-established, reliably successful solar company.

The Bad

• Mixed Reviews
  • Uncertain Information of Local Dealers

Mixed Reviews

While the company seems to be reputable with its following and years in business, the company has some mixed reviews. Freedom Forever’s website displays several positive client stories and experiences. However, external sites show mixed opinions. Currently, Freedom Forever’s client-company relationship reputation is unclear and mixed.

Uncertain Reputation of Local Dealers

Freedom Forever works with solar experts within its Independent Authorized Dealer network. The client’s solar expert will provide them with various solar design options and financing plans. Then, the solar expert will work with Freedom Forever to provide a home-specific solar plan for the client. Freedom Forever claims to partner with top leaders and solar experts within the solar industry.

However, since each area and partner is different, it’s unclear what to expect from a local dealer. Customer service could vary according to state, area, or dealer. If clients are looking for a more cohesive installation process, many local companies can provide products, services, installations, and consultations.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Forever has provided solar products and installations to countless homeowners in over 20 states. The company is well established, experienced, and continually growing. The company’s following and time in business provide evidence of Freedom Forever’s success and credibility. Freedom Forever partners with local dealers through an Independent Authorized Dealer network. These solar experts consult with clients and provide solar plans. Then, Freedom Solar provides the products and installation services.

Freedom Forever seems to be a credible, reputable company. However, overall, the company’s client reviews seem mixed — some incredibly satisfied and others displeased. On paper, the company is a great candidate. However, client reviews might show otherwise.

View Best Solar Companies

1.0

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Pamela Brown Fullerton, CA

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! find anyone else! I have been fighting with them since December of 2019. The reps lie, dont trust anything they say. They word it so you assume the warranty is good. It is NOT! Sent to me today by their escalations specialist at 1:06Pm and it sums everything up perfectly! Article 6- No savings guarantee 6.1 No savings guarantee. freedom forever has not guaranteed, promised or otherwise represented any reduction in electricity costs in relation to the system that will be installed on the property, and further provides no warranty or guaranty with respect to any cost savings from use of the system. My story started like many others, the reps dont work for them they are contracted so hold no liability. Then when you lodge a complaint, they tell you that you have to wait 1 year to see true production. Turns out this is so you lose the ability to have any recourse. I just want it removed from my home and cancel the contract- they of course will not do that. I am now paying $169 a month roughly in electric and another $100 plus a month for the solar that does nothing. You do not save "tokens" from the daytime and it is sent back to the electric company. Most days, my solar is not even running correctly to use for daytime use. When the power goes out from the electric company so does my home. Solar does not keep it running! Please be careful with them. If you choose to do like me and ignore the complaints on yelp or any other source, atleast have a lawyer look over the contract. You will get screwed with this company!

Kim Cord Reno, NV

Design and Installation problems. Took them 6 months to get system approval from NV Energy. Damaged my home during installation. Now they have reported the damage reimbursement to me as reportable income to the IRS! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE AWFUL! Customer service and responsiveness is the worst.

Willard Henderson Copperas Cove, TX

Where should I start... Some time in the early part of April 2021 I signed up with Freedom Forever through a company under them named Sunder Energy one of the owners was assigned as my Ref/support guy Sterling G I've seen him once and talked to him on the phone two times and sent text &emails number of times but it was the same old story, he was in a meeting and would call me back later, never herd back from him. In the middle of June 2021 I finally got my call that they were ready to install the solar system and it only takes a few days to complete. I already had 28 panels at 50% and was going to set up a 100% system and lessen the bill with the power company as much as possible. I live in Texas you'll have a bill. Anyways It was competed in two weeks they had to order a part. I was informed that it would be about a week for the inspection to be completed by the power company( Oncor )and then I would be developing my owe power. Well its now 26 Oct 2021 and its still not on. My Bill with just 28 panels was at $150 to 180 a month plus $288.00 for the first set of panels and now I am back at $250.00 a mouth before any panels and Plus $288.00 for the set, $90.60 it will soon rise to $113.00 that's about $628.60 a month for power. They did say that they would pay for the loan payment but the way I see it there not even close, I sent them the bill but no word yet so will see. So Bottom line is Do Not Just Look at a few look Check them all out in your area if your going to solar-powered Because if you don't pay in full you will pay up to 20 years just like a mortgage and in this area for solar systems loan company is Mosaic solar loan company and THATS ANOTHER STORY. I am cutting this short because I don't think there is more room because I could go on an on about this Solar Company. Willard H

Clement Bourg Elizabeth, CO

LIES INCOMPETENCE POOR TREATMENT I have never seen a company more incompetent and lie so much and then treat the customer as if all the issues were their fault. I signed my contract October 27, 2020. As of today October 8, 2021 (YES ALMOST A FULL YEAR LATER) I do not have a single panel installed nor are they moving to cancel the contract as stated multiple times by the sales rep Mike B. I was assured that at any time prior to panels being installed I could cancel the contract without issue. The first time I tried canceling the contract was maybe 10 months ago. Some woman from CA (I'm in CO) said that wasn't possible I had to cancel within 3 days of signing the contract. Whatever, they actually started to do something and I thought I would have an install soon. Nope. The next time I tried to cancel was maybe 3 months later. This time they put me in touch with Chris D from their customer retention department. That department alone should make you want to run far away from this company. Anyway he assured me things were moving and I would have an install soon. Nope. The next time I tried canceling I had a quote from another company for a larger system and $15k cheaper. They dropped their price $10k and said install was soon so I stuck it through. The next time I was going out of town for business and they claimed to have the contractor ready to come dig the trench needed for the job. The problem was NOBODY thought it necessary to mark my utility lines. The trench was to run across an existing electrical and propane line. This was compounded by the fact that my lines are considered private and 811 doesn't mark those so a private company had to do the work. Anyway I gave them a date range to get it done or I was finally done. My circumstances changed and I tried unsuccessfully at first to let Chris know. When I finally got ahold of him (what a chore that is) the trench was scheduled to be completed 3 weeks early. I thought finally we're getting somewhere. Nope. The trench was dug but NOBODY scheduled the inspection nor the panel installation. More than 2 weeks after the trench was dug I still had an open hazard in my yard. This time I called MOSAIC to cancel my loan because my emails and texts were being ignored. Also, this is what Chris told me to do before the trench was dug. I explained to them everything that had happened and their rep could only laugh with me at Freedom's incompetence. After that phone call I was hounded by both Mike and Chris both of them promising that they could do in TWO days what they couldn't do in the previous 11 months. It was too late. Life happens and now we need to sell our house and this is one hassle we don't need yet still fighting with because they REFUSE to admit their mistake and cancel the contract. During the hounding Chris is bullying me into proceeding by telling me I owe the company $8500 for the trench that was dug. Sorry pal, I've done construction a 45ft trench does not cost $8500. Besides if Freedom had done their job 12 months ago I wouldn't be sitting here writing this. If they did their job 9 months ago or 6 months ago or 3 months ago or even 3 weeks ago I would not be sitting here writing this. They failed every step of the way and refused to accept any blame putting it all back on me and then saying my wife wasn't professional when she told them to shove it. I think a mirror needs to be used. Did I mention that I’ve been paying on this system even though it’s not installed?!? I’m supposed to be reimbursed but that’s not happening either!!! Oh, and they’re not responding to the lender. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH FREEDOM FOREVER!!!!