esaSolar

5.8

LAST UPDATED: May 3rd, 2021

As one of the most experienced solar installers in Central Florida, SunPower by esaSolar has been installing the industry-leading SunPower system since its founding in 2010. The solar provider is one of the few SunPower Master Dealers in the state, and is currently expanding operations to Northern California. SunPower by esaSolar is NABCEP certified, and has made Solar Power World’s “Top 500 Solar Contractors” list five times.

The Good

• SunPower Master Dealer
  • Top-Level Solar Equipment
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • NABCEP Certification
  • 5-Time “Top 500 Solar Contractor”
  • Cash Purchase and Solar Loan

SunPower Master Dealer

SunPower by esaSolar is Florida’s only SunPower Master Dealer. This means the company’s solar technicians have received advanced training and have met the following standards:

• Solar Technical Expertise — All employees, including those from sales, design, product, and installation, have received additional training and certifications from the leading solar panel manufacturer in the world.
  • Solar Installation Standards — All solar energy systems installed by SunPower by esaSolar have passed high inspection quality scores.
  • Customer Satisfaction — To maintain status as a Master Dealer, SunPower by esaSolar has sustained more than 90% satisfaction rates among all active customers.
  • Sound Internal Finances — The company itself must also maintain responsible financial balances internally.
  • Support Department — SunPower by esaSolar must also employ a full-time service and customer support department.

Top-Level Solar Equipment

That SunPower by esaSolar installs equipment by SunPower should come as no surprise. That said, the company is incredibly transparent about the specific solar cell modules it implements into its solar arrays:

• E-Series — Delivers 36% more solar power than conventional panels, and across a smaller surface area.
  • A-Series — Includes some of the highest-wattage solar panels on the market, including the world’s first 400 watt panel.
  • X-Series — Widely regarded as the top-of-the-line series of SunPower solar panels, X-series panels boast a record-breaking 22.8 percent energy efficiency, higher than any other panel on the market.

All SunPower equipment comes with a 25-year equipment warranty.

In addition to high-efficiency solar panel and inverter products from SunPower, SunPower by esaSolar can also install the Tesla Powerwall, a high-capacity backup battery that stores solar energy. The Tesla Powerwall is a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery designed to lower electricity rates by storing excess solar energy to continuously power the home both day and night, and comes with a 10-year equipment warranty.

25-Year Warranty

The SunPower Complete Confidence Warranty covers the entire system (not just the solar panels). This includes the quality of system components (solar panels, solar inverters, racking and roof attachments, etc.), monitoring technology (for 10 years), and the following system attributes:

• Power Production — The SunPower Complete Confidence Warranty ensures the solar PV system power production will begin around 98%, with a projected decline of 0.25% each year, ending at 92% after 25 years.
  • Labor — In the event of an installation issue or a malfunctioning system product, SunPower by esaSolar will cover the cost of shipping the new part, the old part, and any repair or installation costs associated with updating the solar panel system.

NABCEP Certification

SunPower by esaSolar is a NABCEP-certified solar installer, meaning its electrician team and solar professionals have passed rigorous certification programs sponsored by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners. This certification reflects the highest installation standards in the solar industry.

5-Time “Top 500 Solar Contractor”

SunPower by esaSolar has made the coveted “Top 500 Solar Contractors” list by Solar Power World Magazine every year between 2015 and 2019. This designation is awarded to a solar company that has completed a significant amount of solar installation projects within its service area. In the case of SunPower by esaSolar, the company has installed more than 636,000 kilowatts of solar energy since its founding in 2010.

Cash Purchase and Solar Loan

SunPower by esaSolar offers two financing options to any homeowner interested in investing in renewable energy:

• Cash Purchase — As with nearly every solar company, cash purchase is the primary means of switching to solar through SunPower by esaSolar. Financing a solar project outright qualifies buyers for the 26 percent federal solar tax credit, increases property value, and will allow the solar energy system to pay for itself after only a handful of years.
  • Solar Loan — A solar loan comes with zero upfront costs, gives homeowners with a credit score of 700 or better access to federal solar incentives, loan terms up to 20 years, and a 25-year product warranty. With zero money down, the solar savings begin on day one.
  • Solar Lease (not available in Florida) — No out-of-pocket costs and 20-year financing terms for lessees with a credit score of 680 or better. Solar lessees do not own their system, but can effectively rent it for a lower rate than their current utility bill.

The Bad

• No PPA Option
  • Limited to Central Florida and Northern California

No PPA Option

Despite its availability in California, SunPower by esaSolar does not offer customers the option to pay for solar energy through a power purchase agreement (PPA). A PPA operates much like a solar lease, but instead of paying for use of the system, customers pay a fee each month to use the solar energy it produces — again, at a rate usually lower than their current electric bill. It can be a great option for those who don't have the money to finance their solar energy system upfront.

Limited to Central Florida and Northern California

SunPower by esaSolar is only available in limited areas in Florida and California, both of which are incredibly competitive markets, flooded by hundreds of solar providers and installers. Although SunPower by esaSolar’s partnership with SunPower can be a great advantage to the company in terms of distinguishing itself from other providers, promoting verified SunPower by esaSolar reviews from actual customers can go a long way toward endorsing the company to prospective buyers.

The Bottom Line

SunPower by esaSolar is a solid choice for anyone in Central Florida or Northern California who is interested in investing in solar energy. The company offers industry-leading system monitoring on all systems it installs, measuring energy production in real time. Although the company does not offer a power purchase agreement option, we recommend customers consider this premier solar installer due to its other financing options, certifications and awards, and high-grade solar equipment.

Message from
esaSolar

With more than a decade of experience in the solar industry, SunPower by esaSolar was founded in 2010 to provide reliable solar solutions to homeowners, businesses, and organizations.

Backed by SunPower, an industry-leading solar manufacturer, we believe in providing solar systems that are built to last and will provide guaranteed power to our customers for many years to come.

Our offices are conveniently located in Orlando, Florida and Modesto, California, and we’re passionate about changing the future of energy with innovative and scalable energy solutions.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Kenneth Paulk Apopka, FL

I have had my ESA installed solar system for several years now and have had various issues during that time. ESA has always taken care of the issues and has been very responsive when I have called them. My review of 4 stars instead of 5 is simply because there have been equipment troubles and a roof leak and my system has been non operational for probably 5 months total during these issues while waiting for parts or other delays.

Lori Kissimmee, FL

I have recommend it to everybody. I still have the sign in my front yard. I talked to four or five companies before and Esa was the only one that had all my answers. Every time I call for anything, they have been very responsive. Their communication is fantastic. The installation was fantastic. They worked seamlessly. It was one of the most professional crews I’ve ever seen.

David Sterka Middleburg, FL

Installation crew was excellent and it looks and performs amazing. Planning and scheduling were lackluster. Prolonged planning time to submit permitting, which was quickly approved, and then months of waiting for the install to be scheduled. When I inquired they sent a guy out to put a box on the wall and nothing else happened for a few months.They ordered the water heater from Lowes and had a third party (who was unaware) perform the installation. Projected 2 month install took 8 months. My friends/neighbors have asked about solar and I recommend other companies.

Georgi Nikolov Windermere, FL

Best quality and service in USA! This team is helping in any time and any event small problems right away easily online. Kevin is the best in customer service--helpful and very friendly! I strongly recommend this company!!!

Jeff Titusville, FL

They’re great to work with and kept me informed about everything. They accommodated me on a couple of things I wanted done. They answered all my questions without hesitation.

Andrew San Mateo, CA

Since the work was contracted out to the local Sunpower installers, there was serious communication issues between the city, installers, and contractors on requirements. While the product they provide is good and the end result is a working solar system, it took 6 months and 5 separate site visits for the system to be installed and approved.

The BEST solar company out there! Kissimmee, FL

Very professional and easy to reach if I have questions. I did a lot of research on solar panels and they truly have a superior product. It did take some time before my panels were installed, but I'm very pleased with the work they did.

Anonymous Maitland, FL

ESA Solar used best-rated SunPower panels, which are highly efficient and aesthetically-pleasing (all black; no unsightly aluminum or silver edges). All wiring is hidden under the roof. The staff at ESA Solar were very responsive during our install.

Randy Odden Saint Cloud, FL

It was easy to work with the sales rep, Brook C. He had all the information I needed to make an informed decision regarding solar for our house. The panels were more efficient than some of the competitors. Installation seems top-notch. Overall, a good experience. And after a year, the savings are pretty close to what was estimated.

Brian Apopka, FL

If any problems arise, they are right there within a given time frame to correct. I like the open communication in the company from top down. They always follow through. I also save a lot of money on electricity because of the solar system.

Marvin Cocoa, FL

Equipment generates just what they say it does. They are fantastic at installing it. They came and did the job quickly. I had to have my system taken down and the roof redone because of a hailstorm last year and they were prompt getting it up and reinstalled.

John Betancourth Orlando, FL

The system does what suppose to do when is working fine but when something cause issues the customer service is not up for proper customer service as expected they did show for months after being call for downtime issues with explanations for it it too long get the system up and running as it has to be

Darlene L. Sippio Saint Cloud, FL

So far I have not received my solar panels as of yet and it has taken longer than expected. But they have answered all and any questions I have asked and has kept me informed of their progress. Understand this review is before installation and before any payments are made so to know the true value of what I'm getting is not yet to be rated.

David Stella Winter Garden, FL

Everyone I dealt with was very courteous and knowledgeable with their product. They answered my questions and concerns promptly, and did a great job overall.

David Riccardi Orlando, FL

They were very attentive to my questions and follow up throughout the process. More over, as something came up over the years, they were there to answer and help me in anyway.

Reply from esaSolar

Hi David- Thank you for your kind comment! We strive to provide the highest quality of customer service and we are so happy to hear your experience lived up to our standards.

Sandy Brooks Sebastian, FL

Interviewed 7 solar companies prior to selecting esaSolar. esaSolar by far the best representation of professionalism, technical acumen and customer communication and feedback from the start

Barbara Wright Orlando, FL

During these pandemic days, everyone is complaining about their electric bill, since we are all in the house so much. My bill is still very low and am extremely pleased because panels are doing their job. No complaints!

KJC Palm Bay, FL

Outstanding service and quality product. We have had little to no issues with the solar panels. ESA is constantly monitoring the panels and do general maintenance. They are very responsive to questions.

Reply from esaSolar

Hello KJC- Thank you for your kind comment! We strive to provide the highest quality of customer service and we are so happy to hear your experience lived up to our standards.

JT Oviedo, FL

It took two days to complete the installation. It went good. There was some problems with a couple pieces of equipment and they were quick to replace the parts and I haven’t had a problem since.

Jim Palm Coast, FL

The sales team was really great to work with. The office was responsive and flexible and worked with me to get things done. It has gone smoothly. We’re pretty pleased with our bill.

Franklin Orlando, FL

The girls I talked with in customer service were very pleasant and very professional and answered all my questions without hesitation. It is producing a sufficient amount of energy.

Brian Orlando, FL

Really high quality panels and they are very well made and have a great warranty. The sales people didn’t pressure me, I never felt like they were trying to sell me something, they were just trying to give me information so I could make the right decision. The whole process was right.

Malcolm De Bary, FL

Over the past year the equipment has been reliable. We had one unsolicited follow up visit because they were monitoring my system and found an issue so they came to fix it. It was very good. They work to address my concerns.

Joe Queens, NY

Everything they told me came through. The sun power panels are pretty good. It took a couple of weeks to install because there was some delay with the shipping but for the first part everything was mounted within a couple of days once the parts got here. Everything has worked since it was installed.

Wayne Orlando, FL

Overall it’s pretty good. I am happy with it. I like the panels. There was a few hiccups in the installation process but it went okay and they fixed the problems. The equipment is pretty efficient.

Charles Orlando, FL

I would recommend it. It has been no issue for me in the past few years. Customer service is good. They reply to my emails instantly and have techs and stuff to me in a day or two.

Beverly Davenport, FL

I did lots of research before I chose Esa Solar. It has been very smooth. The product is quality and reliable. The process made it seamless. They are very friendly and do anything they can to help you get what you need.

Eric Largo, FL

Their products are good but not as good as I expected. It is really good that the inverter is from the same manufacturer. Customer service is very good and answers in a timely manner.

Carlos Oviedo, FL

esaSolar answered all my questions (that's why I selected it from 5 solar companies). The installers were fast and friendly

Justin Vandenbroeck Orlando, FL

Company culture is one of positivity, collaboration, and kindness. The company truly cares about the safety and happiness of their employees.

Charles L Daytona Beach, FL

Workmanship is flawless, Customer service is excellent, sunpower panels are top notch, and tesla powerwall is very convenient

Reply from esaSolar

Hello Charles- Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy to hear you received excellent service and are enjoying your system.

Apr. 8th, 2021

Parker Daniels Lake Mary, FL

Very high quality product, very nice people and easy to work with. Their only problems are price and customer communications.

David Orlando, FL

They kept us in the loop from beginning to end and got out in front working supply issues and installation schedule issues.

Dmitri Trembovetski Mountain View, CA

It was a pretty seamless experience. The reps were responsive, install quality is great, any issues and questions were addressed promptly.

Dave Finnigan Kissimmee, FL

Easy to work with, loved the people, they gave us great video of our roof to use to "show off" the project. We really like our system which requires no care.

Reply from esaSolar

Hi Dave, Thank you for the kind words. We love to hear that you are enjoying your system!

Jeff Burbine Orlando, FL

Great support, but sometimes slow to complete service appointments (it can take a few days to a couple of weeks to get someone to come for a service appointment)

France Jean-Jacques Orlando, FL

The installation team was professional, reliable and available. The team, all the way to the top, was very responsive.. We are happy with our decision to go solar and happy as well that we chose esaSolar.

Reply from esaSolar

Thank you for your kind comment, France! We strive to provide the highest quality of customer service and we are so happy to hear your experience lived up to our standards.

Paul Orlando, FL

Latest and greatest technology on the market. They communicate very well and get back to me in a timely manner. It was very painless getting it installed.

Elizabeth Casselberry, FL

Top quality out of every other solar I’ve compared it to. There was some technical issues that too a while to get resolved in the beginning but since then they have been great.

Paul Port Saint Lucie, FL

Esa Solar has been very good but there have been a couple of things that have left me hanging because the corrosion was not covered by the warranty. Otherwise it seems to be good and they seem responsive.

Matthew Martin Orlando, FL

They provided thorough information, excellent communication during the process and outstanding installation.

Reply from esaSolar

Hi Matthew- We are so grateful for your kind words and feedback. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

May. 18th, 2021

Martin King Kissimmee, FL

Good install service, friendly, knowledgeable. But I have had a panel out for a month now with no estimated service date on a brand new system.

Mark R Oviedo, FL

Planning, permitting, and installation phases all went very smooth. Great communication through the whole process.

Kelly Barkhau Orlando, FL

Friendly & knowledgeable staff. From the initial sales to installation the whole team had great information.

Reply from esaSolar

Hi Kelly- Thank you for your kind feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed working with our exceptional staff!

Apr. 8th, 2021

Adam C Tampa, FL

Product works as advertised, install, schedule, permitting and financing were straight forward and up front

Jeff Affeld Mims, FL

They noticed one of my panels was not working. I didn't have a clue that it wasn't working, they came out and fixed it the next day.

Bob Shaw Orlando, FL

Great on price and installation. But getting in touch to ask follow-up questions and discuss systems issues is overly difficult. That said, they do reply — eventually.

Mark Saint Cloud, FL

The equipment produces well but they made promises they couldn’t keep. Our original contract has had to be revised twice. It has been a nightmare. They didn’t do what we wanted and wanted to put panels where there wasn’t any sun. Most of the people are nice but if it weren’t for covid we would have changed companied already.

Joe Lake Worth, FL

I had come trouble monitoring the output but otherwise they are solid. They did a good job installing it though there were some delays. Everything else went smoothly.

Edward Minneola, FL

The equipment has integrated without problems. I chose them because they are the only authorized distributors of Sun Power.