Clear Solar Logo

4.1

LAST UPDATED: April 29th, 2021

Clear Solar was established in 2014 and provides residential and commercial solar services in six states, including Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Utah. The company was created by Clear Satellite, which is the largest retailer for DIRECTV. With over 15 years of combined experience in the solar industry, the Clear Solar team offers customers free project quotes and flexible financing options.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right
Zenernet Logo
#3 Zenernet chevron_right

The Good

• High Efficiency Panels
  • Equipment Warranties
  • Financing Available

High Efficiency Panels

Clear Solar uses monocrystalline silicon panels. These all black, 60 cell panels have an efficiency rating of 15 to 20 percent, are space efficient, and are designed to last for many years. These panels also feature anti-reflective coatings in order to eliminate glare.

Equipment Warranties

Each solar energy system offered through Clear Solar comes with a 20-year warranty. The warranty includes the inverter, mounting system, performance monitoring, and the module product.

Financing Available

Clear Solar provides several ownership and leasing options for its solar energy systems. State and federal tax credits are available for qualifying individuals who purchase a system. Consumers may also be eligible to receive incentives from certain utility providers, depending on location.

The Bad

• No Customer Testimonials
  • No Service Details
  • Potential Installation Restrictions

No Customer Testimonials

There are no customer testimonials provided on the corporate website and no reviews could be found concerning Clear Solar elsewhere online. Additionally, there is no information on how well the company handles any potential customer complaints. The company has only been in business for a year and has not yet proved its long-term feasibility in the renewable energy industry.

No Service Details

Clear Solar does not provide specifics in regards to maintenance plans, panel cleaning services, pricing, or workmanship warranties on its website. More information regarding these details would be of great benefit to interested consumers.

Potential Installation Restrictions

Certain qualifications must be met in order for a residential home to be eligible for a Clear Solar panel installation. Excessive shading from surrounding trees will greatly minimize overall solar energy production and reduce the amount of savings a consumer can expect to receive. Some rooftop items, such as chimneys or ventilation piping, may need to be moved prior to the start of the installation process. Regulations from homeowner associations may also restrict the use of rooftop solar panels.

The Bottom Line

Clear Solar offers its customers free project quotes, high efficiency panels, flexible financing options, and equipment warranties. However, Clear Solar has only been in business for a few years and doesn't have much of a track record thus far. The company still needs to prove itself as a solar provider.

View Best Solar Companies

2.6

Chris Trinnaman

I have been very happy with my experience with Clear Solar. Clear Solar was one of three quotes I received before I decided to have solar panels installed. Their quote was a couple hundred dollars less than one company and $3800 less than the other but my main reason I had Clear Solar install my panels was the salesman who was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. One issue I raised with him was how long the process would take. He told me that there was an application process and laid out a very clear time table on when I would be operational. He told me that the city would need to inspect the system after it was installed and then Rocky Mountain would need to hook up the net meter which was out of Clear Solar's control. That part did take longer than I wanted but I chalk that up to dealing with all the different entities involved and I was told to expect this. The installation only took a day but the installer did make a decision without consulting me which I didn't agree with. I called the company the next day and left a message which was returned shortly after by a supervisor. They came back out in about a week and fixed the problem which I recognize was not an easy fix. (I have vaulted ceilings and the crawl space to run the wire is very small - the original installer that came out could not have physically done what I wanted done!) I am sure every install is unique and has different problems but in my opinion it is how a company solves the problems that arise that makes a good company. My system is now up and running and I could not be happier.

Sally Stout Park City, UT

ClearSolar is a Awesome company. Alex got us set up with the best plan for us. Power company, and the city city issued the permits.The permits and and everything can take a few months due to having to wait for the city and power company, bigger cities have a longer weight due to more people wanting permits also. I happen to live in a small city, and got them out in a few weeks. They were here to put the panels in quick quick. When they got here we found out that we needed a new roof, Clear Solar helped us Bundle a new roof with our Panels at a great price. there are many billing options to choose from. If you have any question customer service is right there for you any time for as long as you have the panels. There is a great friend referral program. Warranty is a 20 year. I really enjoy our solar panels. There is a huge difference in our power bill, yes you have to stay connected to the power company. That is the same with any solar hook up, the bill with the power company is like $5-$20 depends on your usage ours is $7--10. we have the AC hiked up, your solar bill stays the same if you have one. If you want me to hook you up email me [email protected]

Brittney smith Ogden, UT

I've been trying to go solar for a while now. I've met with a bunch of companies to go solar but I wasn't able to get qualified. I gave it one last shot with Clear solar. They were able to get me a better price and I didn't have to pay any upfront costs. I wish I would of met this company sooner. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting solar for a good price.

Jody Heber City, UT

Great from start to finish went out of the way to masks me feel comfortable

Michelle moir San Jose, CA

Great job and good service. So happy to have solar