Clear Solar Logo

3.6

LAST UPDATED: April 29th, 2021

Clear Solar was established in 2014 and provides residential and commercial solar services in six states, including Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Utah. The company was created by Clear Satellite, which is the largest retailer for DIRECTV. With over 15 years of combined experience in the solar industry, the Clear Solar team offers customers free project quotes and flexible financing options.

The Good

• High Efficiency Panels
  • Equipment Warranties
  • Financing Available

High Efficiency Panels

Clear Solar uses monocrystalline silicon panels. These all black, 60 cell panels have an efficiency rating of 15 to 20 percent, are space efficient, and are designed to last for many years. These panels also feature anti-reflective coatings in order to eliminate glare.

Equipment Warranties

Each solar energy system offered through Clear Solar comes with a 20-year warranty. The warranty includes the inverter, mounting system, performance monitoring, and the module product.

Financing Available

Clear Solar provides several ownership and leasing options for its solar energy systems. State and federal tax credits are available for qualifying individuals who purchase a system. Consumers may also be eligible to receive incentives from certain utility providers, depending on location.

The Bad

• No Customer Testimonials
  • No Service Details
  • Potential Installation Restrictions

No Customer Testimonials

There are no customer testimonials provided on the corporate website and no reviews could be found concerning Clear Solar elsewhere online. Additionally, there is no information on how well the company handles any potential customer complaints. The company has only been in business for a year and has not yet proved its long-term feasibility in the renewable energy industry.

No Service Details

Clear Solar does not provide specifics in regards to maintenance plans, panel cleaning services, pricing, or workmanship warranties on its website. More information regarding these details would be of great benefit to interested consumers.

Potential Installation Restrictions

Certain qualifications must be met in order for a residential home to be eligible for a Clear Solar panel installation. Excessive shading from surrounding trees will greatly minimize overall solar energy production and reduce the amount of savings a consumer can expect to receive. Some rooftop items, such as chimneys or ventilation piping, may need to be moved prior to the start of the installation process. Regulations from homeowner associations may also restrict the use of rooftop solar panels.

The Bottom Line

Clear Solar offers its customers free project quotes, high efficiency panels, flexible financing options, and equipment warranties. However, Clear Solar has only been in business for a few years and doesn't have much of a track record thus far. The company still needs to prove itself as a solar provider.

View Best Solar Companies

2.6

Wayne Schwierjohann La Mirada, CA

It also took over 4 months to get my panels installed and I am still waiting for the inspection and the power company to do their thing with the meters. Oh yeah and I am being billed for both my normal electric bills AND I am having to pay for the financing of the panels??? Sales led me to believe 4 to 6 weeks. I had to write multiple emails and make many calls before I was ever contacted with an install schedule. Once scheduled, the install team showed up on time were very professional and courteous. However, they only installed 12 of my 16 panels on my upper roof. they put 4 of the panels on my lower roof, saying that Protrusions on the upper roof, limited the number of panels that could be mounted. So another strike, since the lower roof spends a portion of the morning shaded by the upper roof, my output will surely be reduced. I requested from sales that they change out my 100 amp panel with a 200 amp panel. Sales said OK but when it came down to it, sales said they said only if needed. I was willing to pay the extra costs for the panel change out. Now my 100 amp panel is full and in another year or two, I will have to have it changed and go through the inspection process all over again..... Now that the panels are installed, I have been waiting for more than a week, and still no communications from Clear Solar of when to expect the inspection or even if they have called for the inspection. And what about the power company? Still no communication from Clear Solar with what to expect???? And what about once the inspection passes and the power company installs the new meters? My proposal said this solar system included monitoring. There has yet been any mention about how, when? While Clear Solar's pricing was lower than others, they clearly need to overhaul their customer service department. I've been in customer service for many years and have learned that an informed customer is a happy customer. I'm not very happy right now. So now, panels installed, no idea when the system can be turned on, and oh yeah I did not mention that in addition to paying my normal high electric bills, I'm also have been paying on the financed monies for 3 months