Cape Fear Solar Systems

LAST UPDATED: May 26th, 2022

Cape Fear Solar Systems focuses on making clean energy available to homeowners in Southeastern North Carolina. It is a well-established solar company with a lot of experience on its team.

The Good

• Excellent Reputation
  • Top Solar Contractor Award
  • High-Quality Solar Equipment
  • Power Production Guarantee

Excellent Reputation

Cape Fear Solar Systems has been in the business of keeping customers happy for 15 years.

Top Solar Contractor Award

Cape Fear Solar Systems is proud to be named one of the top solar contractors in the United States by Solar Power World magazine for the last nine years. Cape Fear Solar Systems has also been recognized as one of the top 50 residential rooftop contractors in the nation.

High-Quality Solar Equipment

Cape Fear Solar Systems uses top-quality solar panels for its home solar systems. By using the best brands in solar technology Cape Fear Solar Systems wants customer to have a customized system to best fit their needs and budget. Cape Fear Solar Systems uses LG and SunPower products.

Power Production Guarantee

Cape Fear Solar Systems monitors every install’s power production. It promises savings or Cape Fear Solar will pay the difference.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Lack of Pricing Information

Limited Availability

Cape Fear Solar Systems is only available in Southeastern North Carolina.

Lack of Pricing Information

Other than stating that Cape Fear Solar Systems works with all budgets, there isn’t much information about pricing and the actual cost of the solar panel system on the company's website. As most home systems are individually planned, the pricing must be discussed when a quote is offered.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Southeastern North Carolina, we recommend you check out this solar company to get an estimate. Cape Fear Solar Systems continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service and satisfaction.

View Best Solar Companies

not_listed_location

Cape Fear Solar Systems Frequently Asked Questions

Why choose Cape Fear Solar Systems?

Cape Fear Solar Systems is known in Southeastern, North Carolina for craftmanship and quality. The company does everything in-house, from energy system design to installation. All employees are background screened for your home and family's protection. Most of Cape Fear Solar's business comes from referrals and the company has exceptional reviews. Cape Fear Solar Systems does not have aggressive sales tactics and encourages home and business owners to do plenty of research ahead of making the decision to go solar. Customers receive unlimited post-installation support and the installed solar systems come with industry-leading warranties. The company only installs in Southeastern North Carolina, so its dedicated service team can be available to support customers on the rare occasion a system needs servicing.

What awards has Cape Fear Solar Systems received?

Cape Fear Solar Systems has received numerous awards for integrity, economic enhancement, dedication to the environment, craftsmanship, and community enhancement. Awards include the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Award of Excellence, Wilmington MADE Awards, Wilmington Chamber of Commerce Coastal Entrepreneur Award, Wilmington Greater Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Award, SunPower Intelegant Award (a mix of intelligence and elegant), and several others.
Message from
Cape Fear Solar Systems

Cape Fear Solar Systems has been installing solar and instilling confidence since 2007.

4.8

Derrell

We were impressed. They did excellent. I did my taxes this year they gave me a great tax break on it and it's not nearly as bad as what I found it. The results it dropped my electrical expense it was average it's somewhere around 275 to 325 in that area. Since then all one month it's been 37 dollars and something one month it was 87, I don't know what happened that month but the results of it has been tremendous. I wish that they were allowed to put at least one or two more panels and it just might take it down to zero, but I understand that it's not allowed so they've done the best they can do with what they got within the guidelines. They came out and they put the framework up and it started raining so they came the next day when it wasn't raining and put the panels down and hooked it up that day and we were ready to go, very simple. They have been out to my house a couple of times on minor issues and they've been very helpful.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Derrell, Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to our continued partnership! Sunny regards, CFSS

Beth

Cape Fear made the most sense and worked with us to get the best rate that would look nice to install in our house at approximately the same cost as everyone else. It was a very good experience.When we had questions or there was a time when one panel we know just wasn't working and they took care of it right away. It was all very smooth actually, it was done in the winter and they actually had to wait until the frost got off the roof, but the people that were doing the installation were extremely courteous they would knock every time they had to come into the house and we were saying just come on in and then when they had to get into the attic we had to go up stairs, but they were very respectful of our time and our space and they cleaned up. The electrician worked very hard to make certain that our wiring wasn't visible and figuring out how to get it from the attic down to the panel where it needed to be. The equipment is very good and the panels have a long lifespan. The person that came out to help determine how many panels that we need and was excellent and very easy to understand what she had to say.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Beth, Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We truly take pride in our clean work and appreciate you mentioning this. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to call! 910-409-5533 option 1 Kind regards, CFSS

Eduardo

A really nice company to work with, very very nice people. I think everybody that I talked to was very helpful, very friendly. They're all local, so it was a pleasure to work with those guys.They're using their own equipment with standard components and LG or Samsung solar panels so all works really well so pretty good experience with them. Very seamless, they were fast, kept everything clean and in our second home, since it was an old house, there were some non-code compliant things with electrical set up, but they fixed all of that so it was a very positive experience.We had we had some initial issues with our Tesla power wall that they right away able to rectify issues. That was the only problem we ever had.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Eduardo, Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you choosing us as your local installer. We're so glad to hear your LG system is producing well and that the Powerwall issues have been rectified! If you ever have any service questions, don't hesitate to call. 910-409-5533 option 1 Sunny regards, CFSS

David

The owner followed up very well with me, explained everything very well and Robert, the installer, was very considerate and also very knowledgeable and did a great job. It was pretty easy, they showed up and within a day they installed everything and they showed me where the power panel was and the app to log in and that was it. I feel like it was the best available at the time, I'm sure there's something better out there now. It was a great experience.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi David, Thank you for your kind words! If you ever have questions about your monitoring, don't hesitate to call. 910-409-5533 option 1. Sunny regards, CFSS

William T.

I think it went fine. I got it done and hooked everything up and It was working. Any time we've had any question we've called they've checked the system out so we can see how much we use online, and so if there's any kind of glitch with that they check it out and they've come out a couple times to make sure everything was working fine so good customer service.We're very, very pleased and we feel like we're saving a lot of money, and that was the original reason to have it put up there.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi William, Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate the opportunity to be your solar resource and look forward to continuing to work with you. Sunny regards, CFSS

Alysun

Our next door neighbor saw another solar company in our driveway and she told us about Cape Fear Solar Systems instead. She brought material over and it was hands down better equipment and more cost effective with more solar panel than the other company was offering, so we went with them. The guys who installed the equipment were extremely professional. We're able to use our solar power a lot in our our house, but we got it installed right before winter, so it's kind of hard to tell. All of the equipment seems to be good. They were super responsive whenever we had a questions and when the guys came to install the equipment, they were looking around the garage and they were like, 'Hey, were you looking to hang your panels on the wall,' and I was said yes. He told us it would make sense if we hung the equipment up high so we coudl still hang our stuff on the wall. I never thought. So they were thinking about my well being and how the equipment could be best suited for my garage. Tthey thought about us before their own convenience, so I thought that was pretty awesome.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Alysun, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and hearing the team put a practical battery backup placement before their own convenience. We appreciate you choosing us to serve your solar and battery backup needs! Sunny regards, CFSS

May. 16th, 2022

Chris

I had a neighbor that had solar installed and I looked at the work and liked the fact that it was nice and neat and they cleaned up well after they they left his house. I've got the panels on my roof, but I'm still waiting on the electrical inspector and on the power company to change out the meter that they've had probably ten days to address. I realize some of that is out of their control. The installation process was fantastic. The guys that worked on it were outstanding. Everything was hidden inside the walls and I'm a neat freak so they nailed it. And then Logan and his team put the panels up on the roof- same thing- they were outstanding, super neat, polite, and courteous. I can't say enough about those guys.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Chris, Hi Chris, Thank you so much for your kind review. We're glad to hear that the process was fantastic for you! Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance 910-409-5533 option 1 Sunny regards, CFSS

Charles Croft Wilmington, NC

Sales team was knowledgeable and didn't load us up with bs promises like the door to door hawks did. Pricing seems to be fair, where as the door to door guys quoted double the price for inferior product. Local business, full service company answered my questions promptly and will be available whenever I need them.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Charles, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We don't like empty promises either! We appreciate you choosing and trusting us to be your local solar installer. Sunny regards, CFSS

Martin

Any issues were resolved immediately. They got all the permits, they got HOA approval, and then we set a day and installation proceeded. They coordinated with subcontractors and that was it. It was fast, it was easy, it wasn't messy. It works flawlessly. They're very responsive, if there are any issues or any questions.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Martin, Thank you for your 5 star review! All of our employees are salaried employees of CFSS and we appreciate the opportunity to have installed your system! Sunny regards, CFSS

Richard

It was really great. Every time I call them it was a positive experience. They were really there anytime we needed something and they were just always really nice and very, very customer oriented. They pretty much described install to me step by step and then they put up the solar panel. I think it's working I really do.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Richard, Thank you so much for leaving us a positive review! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you! Sunny regards, CFSS

Earl

I don't think I'll break even on the cost of my solar panels in 25 years. I'm not saving what I thought I would. If the sun don't shine you don't save money. They did their job, they put it up and it was smooth and a positive experience.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Earl, Thank you for your 5 star review! If you wouldn't mind, give us a call so we can review your savings. 910-409-5533 option 1. Sunny regards, CFSS

Tom

They responded pretty quick and well very well knowledgeable. I have not had any problems. It's at my business and it went smooth. It was very smooth, very professional installation, and they knew what they were doing and it's just went smooth.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Tom, Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to hear all is operating smoothly. We look forward to our continued partnership! Sunny regards, CFSS

Jonathan

I wanted a SunPower solar system and Cape Fear was the provider for them. SunPower equipment is the highest rated in the market and has the highest warranty protection. They worked with us to move the panel installation date back a week. Yeah the installation process went very well. I thought the installers did a great job and put the panels in really quickly. It looks nice.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for your 5 star review! We're always happy to accommodate! Sunny regards, CFSS

Bob

Installation was great, we have some issues with the power companybecause I don't think they want people to put solar panels up there, so they kind of dragged their feet and made it difficult to implement the solar technology.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Bob, Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate your understanding about the delays with the power company. Feel free to call if we can ever be of assistance 910-409-5533 option 1 Sunny regards, CFSS

Bhupat

It all went very good as expected on schedule and as required. They were on time and no issues as installed. They followed up with all the paperwork within a week of installation and everything started working correctly.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Bhupat, Thank you for leaving a 5 star review. We appreciate hearing about your positive experience. Sunny regards, CFSS

Calvin

Went with Cape Fear for convenience. They are always responsive to any issues that I may have. In terms of installation, it was probably the newest technology available and it seems it's kept up with even the new tech that's been added since then.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Thank you for choosing us, Calvin! We look forward to continuing to serve you. Sunny regards, CFSS

Michelle

The system seems to be holding up well considering the job it's doing. It'll pay for itself in, I think we figured like, 10-11 years in terms of energy prices. But then it kind of depends on how long those panels last. So it's hard to know. It seems like it's a good deal but we won't really know until we've had it a lot longer.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your 5 star review! Your system is warranted for 25 years (parts, performance, labor, and above all else - craftsmanship). So rest assured, the array will last you well beyond your return! If you ever need assistance or have any other questions, feel free to give us a call at 910-409-5533 - option 1. Sunny regards, CFSS

May. 16th, 2022

Richard Caskey Fayetteville, NC

The solar products and installation seem to be good quality. The customer service is a bit lacking. Phone calls go unanswered during business hours and often seem to be answered by a service.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Mr. Caskey, Thank you for mentioning our products are of good quality! As we've grown, we've had to outsource our answering services. If you ever need an immediate answer, you can always call me at 910-232-7440. I am on the phone for a good portion of my day so if I don't pick up, leave a VM and I'll get right back with you! Kind regards, Kristen

Dian Altemier Sunset Beach, NC

Disappointing that my system is only 7 years old now and two years ago, I learned a panel could not be replaced. My electric bills are low, but FYI in the winter I have a propane furnace for heat when the temperature reach a certain degree.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Dian, I am sorry you've had this experience - Let's take another look at the panel replacement. I'm going to have our lead service technician schedule a site visit with you to get to the bottom of this. He will be in touch on Tuesday of next week. Enjoy your weekend! Kind regards, CFSS

Michael Brannon Winnabow, NC

Everyone with the company was a pleasure to work with. Installation was fine quick and professionally. I am very happy with the results and only have to pay my connection fee to the power company.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Michael, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you're happy with the results! Sunny regards, CFSS

Stephanie Carter Garland, NC

Received false information about the state tax rebate. Promises were made and not kept. We were told that they would monitor the system even though we have no internet. They haven't been back to check on it. When they called us to ask for a referral we explained our situation and were told that they would come out and do a maintenance check. They said they would call us back to schedule. We haven't seem or heard from them since.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Stephanie, We apologize. We dropped the ball on monitoring. We had a transition of our service team leads and in this transition, your case got lost in the shuffle. This is by no means an excuse, but an explanation. We’re going to resolve this. David, our service team lead, is going to give you a call this afternoon to schedule a site visit. We’re going to ensure your system is producing as contracted or make it right. If you ever need anything – call us. 910-409-5533 option 1. This is a way to reach us as fast as possible to ensure we can serve you in a timely manner. Again, we apologize. We will make this right. Sunny regards, CFSS

May. 20th, 2022

Sam

They can't control the price of the panels, but what they did was good. Everything works, and works well. Very smooth. Every time I've called they've answered.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Sam, Thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear you're happy with the operation of your solar array! Sunny regards, CFSS

Perry Davis Wilmington, NC

When we thought we had a problem they came and checked the whole system and the additional system that was installed before we fount Cape Fear Solar.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Perry, Thank you for your review! Our service team is detail-oriented and glad to adopt other installers systems to ensure you're well taken care of. Kind regards, CFSS

Mike Claxton Calabash, NC

They were able to immediately answer any questions and were extremely knowledgeabl about what we could expect in energy savings.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Mike, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to leave this. Let us know if we can ever be of assistance! 910-409-5533 option 1. Sunny regards, CFSS

Glenn Byrd Wilmington, NC

They were super friendly, great to work with, flexible - made great recommendations and then did fantastic work and followed up too!

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Glenn, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to be your installer! Sunny regard, CFSS

John

Quality of panel is good. They could do it in one day and the the results were as I was informed to energy courses. The servicing was worth it.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi John, Thank you for your 5 star review and for choosing us to serve you! Sunny regards, CFSS

Mycal Brickhouse Fuquay-Varina, NC

They were very responsive and knowledgable. They were able to assist me in getting my solar system up and running.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Mycal, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to leave this and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Sunny regards, CFSS

Christine Castle Hayne, NC

Adhered to their schedule and showed up when promised. High quality of work and excellent housekeeping.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Christine, Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate you sharing your experience. Sunny regards, CFSS

Roy Costa Holly Ridge, NC

Installation was expertly done. Any problems were promptly addressed and the system is working as promised.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Roy, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear all is operating perfectly. Sunny regards, CFSS

Timothy Copeland Carolina Beach, NC

Very thorough with entire process. Answered all questions I had with installation process

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Timothy, Thank you for your review! We're happy to answer any and all questions you have! Sunny regards, CFSS

Charlie Backes Wilmington, NC

They have saved me a bundle of money so far and it looks good to continue to do so.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Charlie, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you're saving bundles of money! Sunny regards, CFSS

Delahunty Susan Wilmington, NC

Great product, professional installation and follow up. Our electric bills are almost nonexistent!

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Susan, We're go glad to hear your bills are almost nonexistent! Thank you for leaving a kind review! Sunny regards, CFSS

Paul Askew Southport, NC

They delivered on everything they promised. The system has worked very well.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Paul, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear all is operating smoothly for you! Sunny regards, CFSS

Michael C. Artman Bolivia, NC

No sales pressure. Ethical and professional. Good products and good prices.

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your experience! Sunny regards, CFSS

Charles-Hubert Devaux Durham, NC

Great service and install. sales team and install team was great.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Charles, Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate you choosing Cape Fear Solar Systems to be in your solar installer. Sunny regards, CFSS

David Seaman Raeford, NC

Great Customer Service- Installers were Great!

Hi David, Thank you for your review! We appreciate it! Sunny regards, CFSS

Ivan David Wilmington, NC

Very professional,knowledgeable,responsive

Hi David, Thank you! We appreciate your review. Sunny regards, CFSS

Mary Contri Wilmington, NC

quality of workmanship, friendly and responsive

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Mary, Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience. Sunny regards, CFSS

McGannahan Skjellyfetti Herndon, VA

Neat, timely, comprehensive installation.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi, Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Sunny regards, CFSS

Larry Cahoon Wilmington, NC

Prompt, precise, always helpful. They always delivered.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Larry, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you. Sunny regards, CFSS

Milton Alston Calabash, NC

They are willing to work and listen to you.

Hi Milton, Thank you for the review! Sunny regards, CFSS