Cape Fear Solar Systems

LAST UPDATED: May 12th, 2022

Cape Fear Solar Systems focuses on making clean energy available to homeowners in Southeastern North Carolina. It is a well-established solar company with a lot of experience on its team.

The Good

• Excellent Reputation
  • Top Solar Contractor Award
  • High-Quality Solar Equipment
  • Power Production Guarantee

Excellent Reputation

Cape Fear Solar Systems has been in the business of keeping customers happy for 15 years.

Top Solar Contractor Award

Cape Fear Solar Systems is proud to be named one of the top solar contractors in the United States by Solar Power World magazine for the last nine years. Cape Fear Solar Systems has also been recognized as one of the top 50 residential rooftop contractors in the nation.

High-Quality Solar Equipment

Cape Fear Solar Systems uses top-quality solar panels for its home solar systems. By using the best brands in solar technology Cape Fear Solar Systems wants customer to have a customized system to best fit their needs and budget. Cape Fear Solar Systems uses LG and SunPower products.

Power Production Guarantee

Cape Fear Solar Systems monitors every install’s power production. It promises savings or Cape Fear Solar will pay the difference.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Lack of Pricing Information

Limited Availability

Cape Fear Solar Systems is only available in Southeastern North Carolina.

Lack of Pricing Information

Other than stating that Cape Fear Solar Systems works with all budgets, there isn’t much information about pricing and the actual cost of the solar panel system on the company's website. As most home systems are individually planned, the pricing must be discussed when a quote is offered.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Southeastern North Carolina, we recommend you check out this solar company to get an estimate. Cape Fear Solar Systems continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service and satisfaction.

View Best Solar Companies

not_listed_location

Cape Fear Solar Systems Frequently Asked Questions

Why choose Cape Fear Solar Systems?

Cape Fear Solar Systems is known in Southeastern, North Carolina for craftmanship and quality. The company does everything in-house, from energy system design to installation. All employees are background screened for your home and family's protection. Most of Cape Fear Solar's business comes from referrals and the company has exceptional reviews. Cape Fear Solar Systems does not have aggressive sales tactics and encourages home and business owners to do plenty of research ahead of making the decision to go solar. Customers receive unlimited post-installation support and the installed solar systems come with industry-leading warranties. The company only installs in Southeastern North Carolina, so its dedicated service team can be available to support customers on the rare occasion a system needs servicing.

What awards has Cape Fear Solar Systems received?

Cape Fear Solar Systems has received numerous awards for integrity, economic enhancement, dedication to the environment, craftsmanship, and community enhancement. Awards include the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Award of Excellence, Wilmington MADE Awards, Wilmington Chamber of Commerce Coastal Entrepreneur Award, Wilmington Greater Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Award, SunPower Intelegant Award (a mix of intelligence and elegant), and several others.
Message from
Cape Fear Solar Systems

Cape Fear Solar Systems has been installing solar and instilling confidence since 2007.

4.8

Alysun

Our next door neighbor saw another solar company in our driveway and she told us about Cape Fear Solar Systems instead. She brought material over and it was hands down better equipment and more cost effective with more solar panel than the other company was offering, so we went with them. The guys who installed the equipment were extremely professional. We're able to use our solar power a lot in our our house, but we got it installed right before winter, so it's kind of hard to tell. All of the equipment seems to be good. They were super responsive whenever we had a questions and when the guys came to install the equipment, they were looking around the garage and they were like, 'Hey, were you looking to hang your panels on the wall,' and I was said yes. He told us it would make sense if we hung the equipment up high so we coudl still hang our stuff on the wall. I never thought. So they were thinking about my well being and how the equipment could be best suited for my garage. Tthey thought about us before their own convenience, so I thought that was pretty awesome.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Alysun, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and hearing the team put a practical battery backup placement before their own convenience. We appreciate you choosing us to serve your solar and battery backup needs! Sunny regards, CFSS

May. 16th, 2022

Chris

I had a neighbor that had solar installed and I looked at the work and liked the fact that it was nice and neat and they cleaned up well after they they left his house. I've got the panels on my roof, but I'm still waiting on the electrical inspector and on the power company to change out the meter that they've had probably ten days to address. I realize some of that is out of their control. The installation process was fantastic. The guys that worked on it were outstanding. Everything was hidden inside the walls and I'm a neat freak so they nailed it. And then Logan and his team put the panels up on the roof- same thing- they were outstanding, super neat, polite, and courteous. I can't say enough about those guys.

Jonathan

I wanted a SunPower solar system and Cape Fear was the provider for them. SunPower equipment is the highest rated in the market and has the highest warranty protection. They worked with us to move the panel installation date back a week. Yeah the installation process went very well. I thought the installers did a great job and put the panels in really quickly. It looks nice.

Michael Brannon Winnabow, NC

Everyone with the company was a pleasure to work with. Installation was fine quick and professionally. I am very happy with the results and only have to pay my connection fee to the power company.

Stephanie Carter Garland, NC

Received false information about the state tax rebate. Promises were made and not kept. We were told that they would monitor the system even though we have no internet. They haven't been back to check on it. When they called us to ask for a referral we explained our situation and were told that they would come out and do a maintenance check. They said they would call us back to schedule. We haven't seem or heard from them since.

Michelle

The system seems to be holding up well considering the job it's doing. It'll pay for itself in, I think we figured like, 10-11 years in terms of energy prices. But then it kind of depends on how long those panels last. So it's hard to know. It seems like it's a good deal but we won't really know until we've had it a lot longer.

Reply from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your 5 star review! Your system is warranted for 25 years (parts, performance, labor, and above all else - craftsmanship). So rest assured, the array will last you well beyond your return! If you ever need assistance or have any other questions, feel free to give us a call at 910-409-5533 - option 1. Sunny regards, CFSS

May. 16th, 2022

Calvin

Went with Cape Fear for convenience. They are always responsive to any issues that I may have. In terms of installation, it was probably the newest technology available and it seems it's kept up with even the new tech that's been added since then.

Mike Claxton Calabash, NC

They were able to immediately answer any questions and were extremely knowledgeabl about what we could expect in energy savings.

Glenn Byrd Wilmington, NC

They were super friendly, great to work with, flexible - made great recommendations and then did fantastic work and followed up too!

Roy Costa Holly Ridge, NC

Installation was expertly done. Any problems were promptly addressed and the system is working as promised.

Delahunty Susan Wilmington, NC

Great product, professional installation and follow up. Our electric bills are almost nonexistent!

Ivan David Wilmington, NC

Very professional,knowledgeable,responsive

Mary Contri Wilmington, NC

quality of workmanship, friendly and responsive

McGannahan Skjellyfetti Herndon, VA

Neat, timely, comprehensive installation.

Larry Cahoon Wilmington, NC

Prompt, precise, always helpful. They always delivered.

Eduardo

A really nice company to work with, very very nice people. I think everybody that I talked to was very helpful, very friendly. They're all local, so it was a pleasure to work with those guys.They're using their own equipment with standard components and LG or Samsung solar panels so all works really well so pretty good experience with them. Very seamless, they were fast, kept everything clean and in our second home, since it was an old house, there were some non-code compliant things with electrical set up, but they fixed all of that so it was a very positive experience.We had we had some initial issues with our Tesla power wall that they right away able to rectify issues. That was the only problem we ever had.

Beth

Cape Fear made the most sense and worked with us to get the best rate that would look nice to install in our house at approximately the same cost as everyone else. It was a very good experience.When we had questions or there was a time when one panel we know just wasn't working and they took care of it right away. It was all very smooth actually, it was done in the winter and they actually had to wait until the frost got off the roof, but the people that were doing the installation were extremely courteous they would knock every time they had to come into the house and we were saying just come on in and then when they had to get into the attic we had to go up stairs, but they were very respectful of our time and our space and they cleaned up. The electrician worked very hard to make certain that our wiring wasn't visible and figuring out how to get it from the attic down to the panel where it needed to be. The equipment is very good and the panels have a long lifespan. The person that came out to help determine how many panels that we need and was excellent and very easy to understand what she had to say.

Derrell

We were impressed. They did excellent. I did my taxes this year they gave me a great tax break on it and it's not nearly as bad as what I found it. The results it dropped my electrical expense it was average it's somewhere around 275 to 325 in that area. Since then all one month it's been 37 dollars and something one month it was 87, I don't know what happened that month but the results of it has been tremendous. I wish that they were allowed to put at least one or two more panels and it just might take it down to zero, but I understand that it's not allowed so they've done the best they can do with what they got within the guidelines. They came out and they put the framework up and it started raining so they came the next day when it wasn't raining and put the panels down and hooked it up that day and we were ready to go, very simple. They have been out to my house a couple of times on minor issues and they've been very helpful.

David

The owner followed up very well with me, explained everything very well and Robert, the installer, was very considerate and also very knowledgeable and did a great job. It was pretty easy, they showed up and within a day they installed everything and they showed me where the power panel was and the app to log in and that was it. I feel like it was the best available at the time, I'm sure there's something better out there now. It was a great experience.

William T.

I think it went fine. I got it done and hooked everything up and It was working. Any time we've had any question we've called they've checked the system out so we can see how much we use online, and so if there's any kind of glitch with that they check it out and they've come out a couple times to make sure everything was working fine so good customer service.We're very, very pleased and we feel like we're saving a lot of money, and that was the original reason to have it put up there.

Earl

I don't think I'll break even on the cost of my solar panels in 25 years. I'm not saving what I thought I would. If the sun don't shine you don't save money. They did their job, they put it up and it was smooth and a positive experience.

Tom

They responded pretty quick and well very well knowledgeable. I have not had any problems. It's at my business and it went smooth. It was very smooth, very professional installation, and they knew what they were doing and it's just went smooth.

Martin

Any issues were resolved immediately. They got all the permits, they got HOA approval, and then we set a day and installation proceeded. They coordinated with subcontractors and that was it. It was fast, it was easy, it wasn't messy. It works flawlessly. They're very responsive, if there are any issues or any questions.

Richard

It was really great. Every time I call them it was a positive experience. They were really there anytime we needed something and they were just always really nice and very, very customer oriented. They pretty much described install to me step by step and then they put up the solar panel. I think it's working I really do.

Bhupat

It all went very good as expected on schedule and as required. They were on time and no issues as installed. They followed up with all the paperwork within a week of installation and everything started working correctly.

Bob

Installation was great, we have some issues with the power companybecause I don't think they want people to put solar panels up there, so they kind of dragged their feet and made it difficult to implement the solar technology.

Sam

They can't control the price of the panels, but what they did was good. Everything works, and works well. Very smooth. Every time I've called they've answered.

John

Quality of panel is good. They could do it in one day and the the results were as I was informed to energy courses. The servicing was worth it.