Xfinity is a TV, internet, phone, and home security provider and streamlines its services to work together — anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Xfinity TV plan options allow customers to watch hundreds of channels, view local programs, and record their favorite shows. However, Xfinity doesn’t stop there. With the X1 TV Box, customers can watch live TV or switch to their favorite streaming service for the ultimate entertainment experience.

Read our customer reviews (below) to find out if Xfinity is right for you.

The Good

• No Contract Option
  • 1-Year Price Lock
  • X1 DVR
  • Bundling Options
  • Money-Back Guarantee

No Contract Option

Xfinity offers a no-contract option for its TV services for customers who prefer not to be locked into a contract or for those who don’t plan on using the services for long. The no-contract option will cost $10 more a month, but customers can cancel at any time.

1-Year Price Lock

Xfinity has a price lock guarantee even for packages that do not come with a contract. This means that when customers are promised a price (for the first 12 months of service), Xfinity will honor that agreement for the entire year, regardless of whether the customer signed up for a 2-year contract.

X1 DVR

Xfinity’s X1 DVR has unique features that set it apart. Customers can use the X1 Voice Remote to say what they want to watch and easily access results from live TV, On Demand, DVR recordings and more. The X1 DVR will also give customers recommendations based on the shows they’re currently watching. The Xfinity Stream App allows users to stream live TV, DVR recordings, and more whether they’re at home or watching Xfinity on campus.

*HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. To access Netflix on Xfinity X1 requires an eligible X1 set-top box with Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet service. Limited to Netflix members who are residential customers. Netflix on X1 uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. Netflix streaming membership required.

Bundling Options

Customers can bundle their internet, phone, home security, and TV package and save even more. For example, customers can get the X1 Save Pro Triple Play plan (internet and TV) for just $79.99 per month (with the 1-year agreement) and receive the following benefits:

• Download Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • 140+ Channels
  • Unlimited Calling Nationwide with Xfinity Voice
  • 20 Hours of DVR Service
  • Popular Channels: FX, TLC, HGTV, and Bravo

A plan that includes a home security service will bump up the plan price, but for many customers, the sense of security is worth it.

Money-Back Guarantee

Xfinity offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee for its TV, internet, home security, and home phone services. There is a 14-day, money-back guarantee for the Xfinity mobile devices and services. This is good for customers who want to try out what Xfinity has to offer but are unsure if it is the right choice for them.

The Bad

• Early Termination Fee
  • Additional Fees
  • Consumer Complaints

Early Termination Fee

Signing a 1- or 2-year contract with Xfinity can help customers save $10 a month, it does come with a catch. Customers can expect to pay around $100+ in early termination fees; although the fees will vary based on the service level and how much time is remaining on the contract.

While early termination fees are not uncommon in the industry, many customers are surprised when they cancel their contract and the fee is applied to their bill.

To combat the early termination fee, customers can sign up for a shorter contract — which will cost more per month but can save customers money if they end the contract early, or they can sign up for one of Xfinity’s no-contract plans.

Additional Fees

Xfinity’s base packages are reasonably priced; however, customers may find their bill going up if they are not careful. Customers should be aware of these potential charges:

• Broadcast TV Fee — up to $10 per month
  • Regional Sports Fee — up to $8.25 per month
  • HD Technology Fee — $10 per month
  • X1 DVR — $9.95 per month
  • Premium Channels — start at $10 per month
  • Professional Installation Fee — typically between $40-$80

Consumer Complaints

A number of our user reviews have explicitly complained about how poor Xfinity’s customer service experiences have been. With cable TV companies, issues are guaranteed to arise and need to be resolved quickly and painlessly. Most complaints discussed how long it took to get in touch with a customer service representative.

The Xfinity website does provide a lot of information; however, some customers have stated they feel the website is confusing and aims to hide important information (especially regarding costs and fees).

The Bottom Line

One of the biggest perks for Xfinity TV is the cloud DVR service. Being able to watch shows anywhere you want on any device is great for those who are always on the go. Another plus for Xfinity is their no-contract option and the 30-day, money-back guarantee, which allows customers a little more flexibility with their plan. Customers will need to keep an eye on their bill as additional fees can be added. Consumers can also expect to see their bill go up after the first year or two when the price lock ends and they start paying the standard rate. This isn’t unusual in the industry but can come as a shock to unsuspecting customers.

Xfinity offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of all their customers. Whether you’re a sports fan or prefer a good binge-watching session, Xfinity’s TV service has a plan that will suit your needs. To see if Xfinity is available in your area or if you want more information on Xfinity's TV services, we recommend you call or visit the company site to see what they have to offer.

2.0

Erica
December 6th, 2019 Oakdale, CA DETAILS

I call about 3 times a month with issues they always change my WiFi name and I have to redo everything! They also messed up on my bill. I would choose AT&T I never had any issues with them.

Lydia Matabi Wilson
December 4th, 2019 Bonita Springs, FL DETAILS

I called customer service today after noticing my favorite channel was missing! Not only was she combatant until I reminded her it was me who called here are her exact words " your channel was part of a periodic removal communicated in the local TV, news papers and online" Was taken over by Time Warner but you're more than welcome to pay an extra $9.99 to have it added. I excused myself and said goodbye. You got to be kidding me, I have auto pay why couldn't they incluse a note in my email box as many bogus emails I receive daily from Xfinity you'd think that would be included. I hope this helps anypne else buyer be ware! Disappointed Consumer Fla

Roman Christiansen
December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have Comcast Xfinity TV and it is a really reliable T.V. source! I have had no problems with it whatsoever!

Lamont
December 4th, 2019 Melrose, MA DETAILS

Very displeased. I had a situation where I had a family emergency and had to leave town. I shut off my cable. Bill was paid. I still had the equipment and was receiving notices to return the equipment or pay $272. So, I finally turned in the equipment and was told I was all set. A few months later the amt. $272 was on my credit as outstanding. I of course disputed it. It came back as a valid debt. I call comcast and they claim there is no record of me returning the equipment. And now my credit score is affected because of a comcast error.

Curtis Getz
December 4th, 2019 Bensalem, PA DETAILS

Seniors here & on fixed income,comcast in HIGH enough now Another Rate Hike. Some Government Agencies should follow all the money.. Can't wait to CUT THE CORD COMCAST can gooooo away like the 8 track tape.....Just Corporate GREED.

Rando
December 4th, 2019 Dakota, IL DETAILS

I moved two and a half months ago and I'm unable to get service where I live now. They were supposed to send me a refund for $58 6 weeks ago but I have yet to receive it and every time I call customer service they can't understand what I'm saying because their English sucks! The last time I spoke with them they said they refunded it to me on account that they supposedly had of mine but yet I have no account ending in those four numbers. Now they just hang up on me. STAY AWAY FROM XFINITY! THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Jessie Swafford
December 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Xfinity sales agent called to scam me into signing another 2 year contract. The agent said my rate was going up on 12/1/19 because my current contract did not include internet. This was no accident it doesn't take rocket science to read my current contract is a bundle. The agent wasn't trying to save me money he was trying to make a sale. I just emailed the owner Tom K to give him a piece of my mind.

Tom Gourley
December 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Comcast offers a good variety of options when it comes to cable TV. The reliability of their services is okay but not perfect. We have also found that they raise their pricing without notice which is frustrating. Their customer service also seems a bit "hit and miss" depending on what particular individual you are dealing with.

Martha Gourley
December 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have had Xfinity for many years. Generally we have had good service and been able to watch TV just fine. We have had to have a re-set done on a few occasions. Our biggest complaint is that they raise our bill without letting us know first.

Connor
November 29th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS

Comcast has a lot of channels, but they are pretty expensive. I don't know if I'd recommend.

Jeff
November 27th, 2019 Citrus Heights, CA DETAILS

WORST COMPANY IVE EVER DEALT WITH. NO 24 hour support, took 2 hours to sign me up due to their “system” crashing 5x then received faulty equipment and was told it would be over a week until a technician could fix problem. Returning equipment in the morning and literally signing up with anyone who has 24 hour customer service and modems and routers that work without tacking on “modem rental fees” and $30 worth of other taxes and fees. What a joke of a company.

Mason Henrie
November 26th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have Xfinity, and it is the best TV service on the market hands down. I love the free movies section and how netflix is on the TV

Cooper
November 26th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

We have xfinity and it is amazing my dad got it awhile and back it is so much better than direct tv and the speaking into the remote is so dope

Britton Christiansen
November 26th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Xfinity has been the best tv provider i have ever had. With all the free movies you can't beat that

Rebecca
November 26th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

When u ha e something waived u shouldn’t still be paying for it well They waived a charged but was still charging me for it every time I called it was something different so at the end of the day I needed up wit a 900 dollars bill bc they couldn’t get it right... they need to train there employees better and have them all on the same page bc it’s something different everytime I call in so needless to say I canceled all my service with them bc how do u waive something but still try an charge you for it smh

McKenzie Miller
November 26th, 2019 Polo, IL DETAILS

Worst customer service ever. We experienced nothing but issues with them. They have overcharged us tremendously and when told we had a credit coming we were not given it and told they weren't wrong when we have emails from them saying we would be getting a credit. They blatantly ignored numerous emails and phone calls. They need to be reported to the better business bureau.

KC
November 26th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

I like that you can pause games, dvr service, voice remote, and on demand shows. Sometimes it there's a long delay/buffer to change channels. There's a new fast forward feature that is AWESOME too. The only thing I miss from Direct TV is that they allowed you to pause one show, go to another channel, and then flip back to the original channel still paused. Wish Comcast had that feature.

Kaydence Bonino
November 25th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

We've have the xfinity bundle pack...internet, cable, and phone. Overall we've been happy with there service. I do love that they have the xfi app and so I can monitor my kids wifi.

Melissa
November 21st, 2019 Waynesboro, VA DETAILS

I recently experienced a separation with a roommate who had comcast in his name. When he left , he took his equipment and turned it in with an unpaid balance. I am unable to open an account in my name with the same address until HE pays his bill. Because I have been a point of contact on the account I too an responsible.

Simone Holland
November 20th, 2019 Mechanicsville, VA DETAILS

They are unwilling to work with customers who run into financial difficulty. Too pricey for the poor level of customer service you recieve. Will be cancelling my services with them.

Bree
November 20th, 2019 Princeton, MA DETAILS

Xfinity is too expensive and has hidden charges. We moved and had to terminate our service as it was non-transferable to our new location. I was told we could cancel at any time but no one mentioned the $100 fee for canceling “early”, despite not having a choice in the matter. Better off with a smart TV and paying for the apps you want, rather than paying for an over priced package with a bunch of channels you won’t watch.

Emily Pugsley
November 19th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

Terrible. It's your word against theirs.

Chris Terry
November 19th, 2019 Lansing, MI

I was with comcast for 2 yrs, never had an auto pay, then one day they decide to take an unauthorized payment, i contacted them, and even though they acknowledged that they made a mistake, they still refused to give me my money back, and for that reason, i am no longer a comcast customer, they can take their services and shove it

Jeremy Zielinski
November 19th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Customer service is the worse ever.. How the heck this company is still in business is a bunch of bull

Jon Robinson
November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Great TV options, but really expensive. Good introductory promotions, but be prepared to pay when your promotion is up.

Jon Posey
November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

They have cool tech, but who pays for cable anymore? The cost outweighs the convenience.

Kathryn Robinson
November 18th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

We had Comcast Xfinity for a few months on a promotion and the television options were endless and amazing. I love the search function and menu. We ended up canceling after the promotion because we could not justify paying over $100 just for cable TV, so we went back to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Brian Kessler
November 18th, 2019 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS

Very happy with the service. Have had it for several years and compared to Dish Network, it is light years ahead. The DVR is easy to use and the voice search feature is the easy to use. Highly recommended.

Nathan D.
November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA DETAILS

Comcast seems to have a monopoly in most areas so it's hard to compare to other cable offerings but they offer affordable packages for cable TV, internet and satellite TV. The Customer Support is hard to reach when needed.

Sara S
November 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

I switched from U-Verse back to Comcast after a year because they provide the best packages for your money. I've never had a problem with their cable tv and if they keep offering me the same rate, I will stay with them for a long time to come.

Lauren Burch
November 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

I love xfinity I get to watch what I want when I want and the service is amazing!

Lauren
November 15th, 2019 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS

Very reliable tv service with many options. love the website for viewing while not at home

Harley
November 15th, 2019 Sebastian, FL

I love it so much! Good quality movie watching! Also the tv never buffers and rarely shuts off when it’s raining unless it’s a really really bad thunderstorm.

Emma
November 15th, 2019 Hialeah, FL

Comcast’s Xfinity TV is very reliable, easy to navigate, and always had the best shows.

Nakita
November 14th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Comcast TV is the worst!! I have been a customer with this company for ten plus years and every year lately since the last 5 years it gets worst and worst. The billing system/cycles are horrible, it's set up to charge late fees which is another way to get more money out of you. When calling customer service, they explain the policies and it doesn't make sense not even to the representatives working for the company. They tell you although you have provided payment information and set up an arrangement within the appropriate time frame, that it's NOT a promise to pay and turn your services off! I'm fed up with this company, I'll be taking my business elsewhere and will not be recommending them to anyone for any services they provide!

Chrissy E.
November 14th, 2019 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

I should have never left Verizon for Comcast X finity. I started having problems 30 min after the tech left. My voice remote is always acting up. They don't tell you that a sports package is included for $9 and you don't have the option to not have it. The cable portion of my services is always having issues. I never had any issues with Verizon but left them due to their prices. I didn't realize how good I had it. At the end of my contract with Comcast X finity, I'm going to run back to Verizon.

Angelica Dela Cruz
November 13th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Xfinity TV is a very reliable TV network. I also love how they stream different shows that you watch off-air.

Linda A Eck
November 13th, 2019 Libertyville, IL DETAILS

We have had problems off and on the worst is they put a temporary cable which went under my driveway and now I have a sinkhole it is Taken 3 months and I still don't have it taken care of then they did a permanent cable and Doug three to four feet on either side of my driveway with a permanent cable and there's two big Pits on either side of my driveway which still isn't taken care of called texted emailed nothing done they will only come and fix your cable line or Internet line and if they damage your property it there's no way of getting ahold of anybody and no follow-through don't believe Comcast is out for their customers

Kevin Holland
November 13th, 2019 Marlton, NJ DETAILS

2 days in a row, technician never showed up. Absolutely appalling !!! And zero remorse from any of the 5 customer service employees I talked to, including 2 supervisors. I will be cancelling once my contract expires without a doubt.

Morris Holcomb
November 13th, 2019 Soddy, TN DETAILS

The service is terrible, I constantly have problems with my cable boxes, almost daily there are issues with these boxes. Im shown things I can view for free previews, but when I try to look, not available for me. Stop sending them to me. This service sucks.

Lily
November 11th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Xfinity is a wonderful network. Decent payments,lots of channels. It feels like you have every single channel with xfinity

Brittany Wilkinson
November 11th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

I like Comcast Xfinity. I feel like we have a lot of options to watch on TV. I wish we could have more options with our package selection. There are a LOT of channels that we don't watch and then the options that we do have usually aren't playing something we want to watch. I would rate Comcast better if they let you select what you want, and not pay for what you don't want. Overall, I like the reliability of Comcast.

Megan A McEvoy
November 8th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

My family and my college campus both use Xfinity. It's a great TV service and it has a lot of options of shows to watch in many different genres. Everyone in my family likes a different type of TV show, so the options Xfinity gives make it easy for us to all have access to shows we love!

Sandy
November 6th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS

I just want people to be aware of the bull comcast will tell you to sell you stuff. If you are renting from an apartment and the cable is included and you decide to add internet and you asked them is the cable seperate from the internet and they say yes please im begging you to not believe them. If for some reason you can't afford it no more they will cut everything off. A sucky business if you ask me .i will never suggest this company to no one .

Stacey Hoppe
November 6th, 2019 Howell, MI DETAILS

I called to get help keeping my bill about the but also keeping my same channel lineup. I must not have understood the man I was talking to and we now have something we don't want and get back what we had. Very dissatisfied!!!

Impacted customer
November 6th, 2019 Cicero, IL DETAILS

I cannot express how unreliable Xfinity's internet and cable services have been. I moved to Romeoville, Illinois approximately 3 months ago, and it has been a constant problem. They have informed me that if I cancel their service due to unreliable and fast advertising service, that I will be responsible for termination fees? Why would I be responsible for those fees if the Company cannot deliver the services I am paying for. Tomorrow I have a technician coming out for the 4th time and if this continues and I am told to pay termination fees, I will make sure to report this to BBB. Xfinity, if you cannot deliver reliable services at my address, just be honest!

ori
November 5th, 2019 Sterling Heights, MI DETAILS

The worst company ever .They never help their customers regarding the questions they just love to charge over and over .

JAYE
November 5th, 2019 Monterey, CA DETAILS

5 stars to the representative who helped me 1 star for the actual cable service. I would just like to thank Amyn who helped me with my servive tonight. I was annoyed that our demand movies wouldnt play and she was very nice even when I started to get annoyed and even though she probably really wanted to tell me to piss off she didnt and still was nice and she fixed the problem. It seems like comcast always has issues or problems. If we didnt have to get this service where we live We would have switched years ago! The 5 stars goes to the rep that helped me not to the actual service itself that always seems to have some sort of problem or issue and who way over charge for their service.

Silviya Stoyanova
November 5th, 2019 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

I am so tired of your outrage!!! It happens so often I don’t understand how is this possible, what if we have to work and out of a sudden in the middle of the No Internet and it goes for hours and hours!!!

Lady
October 29th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

I am very displeased with their customer service. I asked for a simple 2 sentence email stating that we have never missed a payment and were never late. They wouldn't do it. Now I have to pay $185 deposit for utilities. Had they written the letter the utility company would have waived the fee. They were the only utility we had since our apartment included all other utilities in the rent. When I think of all the money we spent on Comcast the past 5 years and they couldn't even help.