Comcast Xfinity TV Logo

Comcast Xfinity TV

8.8

Xfinity is a TV, internet, phone, and home security provider and streamlines its services to work together — anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Xfinity Cable TV plan options allow customers to watch hundreds of channels, view local programs, and record their favorite shows. However, Xfinity doesn’t stop there. With the X1 TV Box, customers can watch live TV or switch to their favorite streaming service for the ultimate entertainment experience.

Xfinity TV, though comparable to a number of Satellite TV providers, is a Cable TV service. This suggests that it can avoid the frustrations caused by weather or other circumstances that Satellite Dishes and fiber-optic cables might experience.

Xfinity has been in business since 1981. It was originally called Comcast Cable until 2010, when Comcast Communications decided to roll out the name Xfinity. Xfinity also offers high-speed internet, home security, home phone, and mobile services which can be bundled for lower pricing.

Read our customer reviews to find out if Xfinity is right for you.

The Good

• No Contract Option
  • 1-Year Price Lock
  • X1 DVR
  • Bundling Options
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Other Xfinity Services

No Contract Option

Xfinity offers a no-contract option for its TV services for customers who prefer not to be locked into a contract or for those who don’t plan on using the services for long. The no-contract option will cost $10 more a month, but customers can cancel at any time.

1-Year Price Lock

Xfinity has a price lock guarantee even for packages that do not come with a contract. This means that when customers are promised a price (for the first 12 months of service), Xfinity will honor that agreement for the entire year, regardless of whether the customer signed up for a 2-year contract.

X1 DVR

Xfinity’s X1 DVR has unique features that set it apart. Customers can use the X1 Voice Remote to say what they want to watch and easily access results from live TV, On Demand, DVR recordings and more. The X1 DVR will also give customers recommendations based on the shows they’re currently watching. The Xfinity Stream App allows users to stream live TV, DVR recordings, and more whether they’re at home or watching Xfinity on campus.

*HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. To access Netflix on Xfinity X1 requires an eligible X1 set-top box with Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet service. Limited to Netflix members who are residential customers. Netflix on X1 uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. Netflix streaming membership required.

Bundling Options

Customers can bundle their internet, phone, home security, and TV package and save even more. For example, customers can get the X1 Save Pro Triple Play plan (internet and TV) for just $79.99 per month (with the 1-year agreement) and receive the following benefits:

• Download Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • 140+ Channels
  • Unlimited Calling Nationwide with Xfinity Voice
  • 20 Hours of DVR Service
  • Popular Channels: FX, TLC, HGTV, and Bravo

A plan that includes a home security service will bump up the plan price, but for many customers, the sense of security is worth it.

Money-Back Guarantee

Xfinity offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee for its TV, internet, home security, and home phone services. There is a 14-day, money-back guarantee for the Xfinity mobile devices and services. This is good for customers who want to try out what Xfinity has to offer but are unsure if it is the right choice for them.

If for any reason you are not pleased with the product or service that has been offered by one of the Xfinity packages, you can go back within the 30-day or 14-day periods that are allotted to request a refund. This is one of the ways that Xfinity works to ensure customer satisfaction.

Other Xfinity Services

In addition to offering Cable TV, Xfinity is also a provider of a number of other specialized services. These additional services are outlined as follows:

• Xfinity high-speed internet — Xfinity claims that its internet service offers reliable internet speeds, enhanced coverage, advanced security, and customizable WiFi with extenders, cameras, and more. The Wi-Fi that accompanies this plan is known as xFi. One of the advantages of using Xfinity internet is that you are able to use your own modem and router (not all models comply). If you do decide to use your own modem and router, you will get high-speed internet, but you will not unlock xFi Wi-Fi. Basic prices start at $29.99 per month.
  • Xfinity mobile — Xfinity mobile offers users what Xfinity claims to be the best LTE, unlimited talk and text on up to five lines, flexible data options, and the possibility of using your old phone from an old plan. When you add your mobile services to your internet plan, you can get discounted pricing. Each unlimited line starts at $45.00 per month. As part of this service, you are able to connect to millions of Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to help save money and data.
  • Xfinity home security — Xfinity offers two home security plans. The pricing for both of these plans does not include equipment. Pricing for packages for equipment ranges from $15.00–$25.00 per month (subject to a 24-month contract), or one-time payments of $360.00–$600.00 depending on the size of system that you would like to get.
    • The basic home security plan provides you with 24/7 professional monitoring, smart home control, real-time alerts, cellular system backup, live HD video, and the Xfinity home app. This plan starts at $40.00 per month.
    • The home security plus plan provides everything that is included in the regular plan plus 24/7 video recording, motion-activated recording, artificial intelligence that detects people, vehicles, and pets, and the ability to look back on specific archived moments. This plan starts at $50.00 per month.
  • Xfinity home phone — The Xfinity home phone offers you unlimited nationwide calling, reliable call clarity, and advanced features such as readable voicemails. You can connect your home phone to the Xfinity Connect app to manage your voicemail and make and receive calls from your home phone while on the go.

The Bad

• Early Termination Fee
  • Additional Fees
  • Consumer Complaints

Early Termination Fee

Signing a 1-year or 2-year contract with Xfinity can help customers save $10 per month, but it does come with a catch. Customers can expect to pay around $100+ in early termination fees; although the fees will vary based on the service level and how much time is remaining on the contract.

While early termination fees are not uncommon in the industry, many customers are surprised when they cancel their contract and the fee is applied to their bill.

To combat the early termination fee, customers can sign up for a shorter contract — which will cost more per month but can save customers money if they end the contract early, or they can sign up for one of Xfinity’s no-contract plans.

Additional Fees

Xfinity’s base packages are reasonably priced; however, customers may find their bill going up if they are not careful. Customers should be aware of these potential charges:

• Broadcast TV Fee — up to $10 per month
  • Regional Sports Fee — up to $8.25 per month
  • HD Technology Fee — $10 per month
  • X1 DVR — $9.95 per month
  • Premium Channels — start at $10 per month
  • Professional Installation Fee — typically between $40–$80

To ensure that you are not confronted with hidden fees, it would be in your best interest to talk through the details of a contract with a representative. This will help get all of the hidden fees out into the open.

Consumer Complaints

A number of our user reviews have explicitly complained about how poor Xfinity’s customer service experiences have been. With cable TV companies, issues are guaranteed to arise and need to be resolved quickly. Most complaints discussed how long it took to get in touch with a customer service representative.

The Xfinity website does provide a lot of information; however, some customers have stated they feel the website is confusing and aims to hide important information (especially regarding costs and fees).

The Bottom Line

One of the biggest perks for Xfinity TV is the cloud DVR service. Being able to watch shows anywhere you want on any device is great for those who are always on the go. Another plus for Xfinity is their no-contract option and the 30-day, money-back guarantee, which allows customers a little more flexibility with their plan. Customers will need to keep an eye on their bill as additional fees can be added. Consumers can also expect to see their bill go up after the first year or two when the price lock ends and they start paying the standard rate. This isn’t unusual in the industry but can come as a shock to unsuspecting customers.

Xfinity offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of all its customers. Whether you’re a sports fan or prefer a good binge-watching session, Xfinity’s TV service has a quality plan that will suit your needs. To see if Xfinity is available in your area or if you want more information on Xfinity's TV services, we recommend you call or visit the company site to see what it has to offer.

2.2

Maria Begue Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been dubbed by xfinity. Trying to change my plan to unlimited data which I did not know it was even limited. I called and they told me I would need to pay $30.00 a month more. Making my bill $70.00 (I only have internet service) I called AT&T and they did offer unlimited data for less but the fact that I have a contract made me go back to Xfinity. When I called to ask for the Unlimited data plan, I was told that I could pay $10.00 more a month ...now $50.00 and that that would triple the service I had. Faster internet and triple my Data plan, which is what I was looking for ... to expand my data usage. My son and I (I'm 70 years old) tried to make sure with the individual that all we wanted was MORE DATA ... he insisted that with the $10.00 we would have more than sufficient data as it would triple the speed and the data!. Well guess what.... I just got my new bill... the data plan has not changed but the speed did. (never had an issue with the speed)..... so now I'm paying an extra $10 for nothing. Now I will be researching how I can stop using XFINITY!!!!

Linda Larson CA

Comcast ruined my good credit!!! After the Seattle riots the drug people and homeless people were pushed into what used to be my peaceful neighborhood. I had to move 2x. It cost me upwards of $13K. I closed my Comcast Xfinity account but they kept charging me triple over $600!!! I returned the equipment. I had to fight them to get the equipment refund. And 3 months of service I never had since moving in October 2020... billed me through December! I turned Comcast Xfinity into the FCC 2x since to fight them! I only owe them $100. Insult to injury the guy Ben in loyalty dept called me a racist when I told him about the gang related shooting. He said outlandish story. What a bunch of BS!!! I'M FIGHTING THIS OVERBILLING COMCAST BS!!!

Emmanuel Southside, TN

I had Comcast Xfinity for 2 years. They were firm on their contract, the price was never jacked up.

Frederick Reed Detroit, MI

My Comcast xfinity service sucks it’s always down they are always working on lines nearby my internet is always slow my internet is always not working. Some channels don’t come in good. There’s always a error code. Frankly I’m considering going back to at&t. My bill is too high. I definitely wouldn’t recommend xfinity.

Jamie Bloom Wilmington, DE

Seth S. should not be in sales or any kind of customer service . His attitude is extremely poor . Very argumentative. I went into the Comcast store in York , hoping to save time . I was looking for a solution . Not a bunch of excuses . He told me one time there was not an active account at the address . Then it was shut down for non payment . Then, when I told him I didn’t want to keep his service he told he is going to have Comcast put a lock out on this address and explained that every tenant at this property provides a lease . I was like what does that have to do with me ? He said well your Dad owns it right . Anyway if the previous tenant had an outstanding balance and that’s why we couldn’t activate the service then why charge me to have a tech out ? Yea because that was their solution .

zach stoker Salt Lake City, UT

Seriously impossible to get a hold of someone. I would never recommend Xfinity to anyone. Trash. Surprise you’re still in business.

Shaye Mora Davenport, IA

I used them during my last year of college and they were all around a solid company! Never had any issues with them!

Frederic Lord Greenfield, IN

This company is the worst company, impossible to talk to someone who knows what is going on

Gverre Acworth, GA

Terrible Service. They transfer me from person to person. They disconnect me often. They transported a phone number to the wrong account and it took weeks to get it fixed. No one seems to know what they are doing so they just transfer your call or hang up on you.

Brian swaim ,

I’ve been a customer for 5 years we just moved and been without service for 2 weeks now still no service was on hold for 10 hours all together in past 2 weeks they hung up on me many times worse experience ever can’t get ahold of any one in the USA and I’m still being charged lost all movies I bought bill is over 200 $ this move has been the worst service ever I give them a - 5 stars ATM now I understand why President Trump calls them concast very unprofessional customer service

Shea Rockville, MD

Impossible to connect to a representative unless you spend hours with the inefficient automated service. Sure, one is supposed to apparently leave a call back on the app but that is the most non straight forward thing I have heard ever. I called the customer service twice to cancel tv but still got billed every month for tv. They are the only service available in my area so I am stuck with them, cant wait for the day I will never have to use xfinity again! Too pricey for the ordinary internet.

Heidi Pope East Hampton, CT

Although I find our actual service is excellent, each time calling Customer Service is a long drawn out issue. Just trying to get through the prompts and get to the right department to speak with someone takes a while. You definitely can not make this call during a break or lunch time from work as you never have enough time. Once I do speak with a representative, it seems I'm given different answers to my questions depending on the representative that has taken my call. I also have found our rates continue to creep up higher and higher each year and when I call them on it, I am not given any discount for being a loyal customer. I was directed to a page to get a Teacher discount and after I submitted the appropriate information and downloaded proof of my position, I never received the discount. When calling them on this, I was assured it would be looked into and I would be called back but the representative never called back. I have begun the process of looking around for an alternative company but being where I live, I am finding that Comcast has the monopoly on providers in my area

Gioconda Navas Oak Harbor, WA

Comcast is the worse company in the planet. I signed a contract for a year in November 2020 1st bill was $114.00 April 2021 is $134.00 . Increased 10.00 dollars in less than six months. Their customer service is bad they hangs up on people and they don’t know anything, or I get an stupid robot don’t know anything either. I can’t wait to get my fiber optic through the city. Internet through the city. Cheaper and reliable. D

Bri Houston, TX

If i can give a a big fat ZERO i would! This company is ridiculous and should be shut down for the scamming stuff they do to customers! Finding a way to take peoples money is outrageous! This company is Pathetic! I do not recommend xfinity at all! They used to be okay but now since the covid i guess they trying to get over on customers. Stay Away!!!!

Justice Roberts Savannah, GA

The man Dave that came and installed I’m my homes security system was very professional and nice. He was great at his job and even helped with some other things around my home that needed fixing. Great customer service, wish we could only deal with him if we ever have a problem. Thank you Dave and Xfinity!

Caprice Watkins Harrisburg, PA

They do have really reliable services. Customer service isn’t the greatest and prices aren’t either. But the service is amazing.

Love Hate ,

I was very happy Xfinity no problem with them. I love that they were always having a promotion.

Jeffrey Hoshour ,

Xfinity provides broadband internet with only ONE other competitor in my area, and with that being said, they've almost got a monopoly on the internet service in my area. I was on a promotional service subs at the end of the promotion I was never advised that the term ended and I was on autopay, and my charges DOUBLED from $60/mo to $120/mo! I came over day from work and my internet was down. I looked into WHY, and that's when I seen I had been getting charged double for over A YEAR! My internet was suspended because I didn't have the funds in my bank account to cover DOUBLE charges (first time in long time I was low on account balance). I called them immediately and they told me that after the promotion was over I was incurring regular rates, however, she told me I could sign back on a promotion to save money, I said only if they'd give me SOME type of credit back from all the money I had been paying extra for past year and a half, and she said no. I advised then that I no longer wanted their services and to cancel my services. I paid the outstanding bill that night. Two months later I receive a bill for 2 more months service. THEY NEVER CANCELLED MY SERVICES, AND I WAS USING MOBILE DATA FROM CELL PHONE TO HOTSPOT MY LAPTOP AND APPARENTLY IT WAS STILL USING DATA FROM XFINITY, THEY APPARENTLY TURNED MY SERVICES BACK ON AFTER I PAID (THOUGHT I PAID) FINAL BILL THE NIGHT I REQUESTED CANCELLATION. I never thought to check and see where my connection was coming from when on laptop, I turned my hotspot on and assumed it was feeding my laptop data, NOT. I've got to pay for the services they failed to turn off. I'll NEVER use a company again that have these type of business ethics.

Lindsey Talbott, TN

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. Can’t get past the stupid robot and talk to a person, they try everything they can to get your to hang up.

Jennifer Menendez Orange Park, FL

We have had Comcast / Xfinity since living in Michigan in 2015 to current day in Florida. We are pleased with the services provided, but have experienced multiple lags. Anytime we reach out to customer service, they try to upsell our current plan or insist on paying more for a newer router. Kind of frustrating, but we don't have any other choices within the area.

James Danbury, CT

The service sucks. 0/10. I wish I could give a negative score. Every where I go. Every time I talk to a rep on the phone it’s a different story. I receive a bill once every two-three months. When I call they say my service will be interrupted. Why would that happen if Comcast doesn’t MAIL me a bill. They give every excuse in the book. Do not join these people, because I never will ever again. It’s been trouble for the several years I used them. It’s not worth it and everyone I talked to has had the same problems. Stay away and find a service that is actually willing to give you good customer service and help with problems.

Raye Lynn cruz Salt Lake City, UT

Very very at solving issues. Very good customer service. And the automated system is the most easiest one ever.

The Man ,

Lucas was awesome! Hes with customer service!

Jennifer Labbee Clovis, CA

Great Experience. Very helpful when having to install internet to my New home. Very Clear with step by step instructions. Thank you Very Much.

Joshua Mahoney New York, NY

My wife and I have each had a very poor experience with the customer service for this company.

Madhu Scherba ,

Customer service completely moved over to chat. Every issues are taking 2-3 days more just to connect to people. I have been their high paying customer for 15 years, but now I am really frustrated with them.

Mani Sandhar ,

Comcast is the worse I been on hold for 40 mins now

David Ladson, SC

They remove channels that I pay for for over 30 yrs and there tech can't fix.... Losing a customer for 30 yrs with multiple acct.....

tom brady Florence, MA

unable to pay over the phone; difficult to get in touch with an agent; agent's english os poor, background noise so loud, staff seems to be having a party; agent unwilling to help with payment; xfinity is quick to switch off service and charge fees; typical rip-off scam, so core to the american culture

Alex Miami, FL

Most amazing company and reliable! I really appreciate how quick they get back to you.

Kaitlyn Emery Sarasota, FL

Absolute garbage service and absolute garbage customer service.

Connie Strickland Rome, GA

Yes there is a young man by the name of Jarvis that works in Xfinity store in Rome Ga that smelled marijuana yesterday,and I mentioned to my husband yesterday while in there and he agreed I didn't know they let individuals work like that

Dawn Kilby Confluence, PA

Since 2019 I have been a customer never had a problem until 2 days ago I was told my services would be restored only to find out they were not. My grandson uses my internet for his school work. And has not been able to do so. I have been told that I can not receive any discount during the Covid.

Dionne Ebanks Houston, TX

Excellent customer service. Fast downloads. Good value for WiFi. Have not had issues with buffering

Lacey Broadway White House, TN

Everytime you trash my music streaming, it reminds me I have garbage pick up bright and early Friday morning... this is legit trash!

Paul Anderson St. Petersburg, FL

I'm on seasonal from January 30 to April 15 I was charged 249 each month vs 67 quoted, Agent says they don't do refunds even though they agreed its their error.!!! VERY UPSET, THAT'S APPROXIMATELY 300 OVER CHARGE!!!

john durham

solid, when you have problems or if there is issues in your hood, they are all over letting you know..i have bought more services and very happy..responsive as hell creating a good peace of mind

macmoran family Stockton, CA

By far, the best Sat TV service -- good choice of venue, solid customer service and when the contract is up, willing to work with you on new service. Comcast doesn't want you to leave and will go that extra mile to keep you as a customer.

Candi Ward Fenton, MI

The services was very well priced and the equipment worked well. Never had problems with my services.

Angela Hart Tacoma, WA

I just want to say I love my service I love the welcoming a d the very nice customer service. I also want to say that I really like the way you are helping the community and all the help you do. It makes me so happy for people like you!!!!

Randy Tribbett Puyallup, WA

Ok where should i start ? A few months ago I ordered comcast everything ... They came out installed the tv first because they don't have one person that can do it all. Ok so after 6 hours of the installer not being able to get me a guide or dvr. I was told there was a issue in our area and could be months before its fixed. I bit my tongue and waited for him to leave and called in . They knew of no such outage. After many times trying to fix they sent a senior tech out who knew the issue they had not closed the invoice because the alarm and cameras had not been installed. So after 2 hours on the phone with them the tech was telling me they used to be able to get right to who he needed to fix this but they have changed their policies he kept asking for a certain department and finally they transfer him and in 20 mins that was fixed. Ok so they come to install my alarm system when they get there they don't have a low voltage guy. Hmmm ok that's why we had to wait weeks but ok. They wait and get the low voltage guy there he says I cant run the wires because you have vinyl siding hmmmm how many houses have that , so I climb a ladder and drill a hole. They install everything and it kinda works sometimes . So after calling getting the run around again . They finally send someone out to look he climbs his ladder and see they didn't remove the film off the cameras. So then he goes to under my sons bed and finds they did not remove the plastic off the plug ins for the 3 cameras which are the wifi for them and they were not only not getting enough signal but the tech had me touch them they were hot enough you could not hold them he says this is a fire hazard and could have caught fire . Oh did i mention that this was under my child's bed ? ok so lets back up a bit when this all started they said you can save 10.00 a month by auto pay , Shoot ok why not . DO NOT GIVE THEM ACCESS TO YOUR ACOOUNT ! So the second moth in they bill me the 600.00 for the equipment ! That was supposed to be billed over 2 years . Not only once but double billed it . two weeks ago they admitted to it . So 1200.00 over charge . Oh but they can not refund it but they can give me a credit . I have been calling them for two weeks they will do nothing I have a picture of the 1200 credit if u wanna see it. So when my kids are crying themselves to sleep hungry its ok watch a show. Here watch a commercial of burger king nice juicy hamburger but its ok you have cable . I have called asked for a manager finally got transferred to escalations manager 10 days ago she called me got the info and said she would call me back . A few days later she called and said she was still working on it and would call me back . Now its been a week and nothing . I called back today and asked for a manager and sat on hold for over 2 hours practically begging to talk to a manager. Being told call my bank would be the only way to get my money back. Best advise find a different option !!!! Do not give them access to your accounts . Learn from my mistakes

Caridad Alemán Miami, FL

Excelente service, the best internet service, great customer service and very professional

Janice Hill ,

They are ok, it’s just that they’re service is to high and sometimes it even acts up. They need to come down on there prices.

Yanique Wedderburn Norcross, GA

I gave it 1 star but it should be zero stars. There service is horrible. I didn't even make it have the service set up because their customer service is bad. You call and never can reach the right person. Waited almost a month for services that was not setup. The customer service man did not know what he was talking about!!! Would not recommend their services!!!!

Grace B Fairfield, CA

We went to Xfinity local office at 1670 E Monte vista Ave, suite 101 Vacaville CA, 95688. The customer service representative at the the door was rude , we brought equipment to return for exchange because they send us the Wrong equipments ,won’t let us bring the box inside , the lady African American personnel slumped the box on the counter in front of my face and ask me to take it back .It was bad customer service experience At that location .. hope not to go back to that store again ..very bad service

Kevin Wright League City, TX

I have been using Comcast Xfinity for over 30 years and even though I’ve been with them so long and their service is actually better than average they probably have the worst customer service department that I’ve ever experienced in in the industry. They make it so difficult for you to get any type of refund when they have not provided the service or did not bill appropriately that you end up not able to get through to them and they’ve done that by design so shop Smart when you’re shopping for cable’

Jefferson R smith Lake City, FL

Set price.on contact. Now making up reason .to increase my payment and now want to cut some of my service.its a rip off. Fraud. Going this comcast.you make a agreement and they break making excuses on why.they are disappointing.dishonest.and sad.taking advantages of a disabled people be careful.I never missed a payment.and never was late.this how they treat good customers. Watch out. Your next go with att I am.wow .

Lynn Webb Salt Lake City, UT

This is for the internet but you’ll have the same issue with xffinty in general. You can’t get phone help because there programming doesn’t give right options. Will not transfer you to a live person but hangs up

Sawyer Rasmussen Bountiful, UT

Internet goes down too often and it takes them forever to get it back up. We also use our own equipment, but they charge us an equipment fee every month.

Daniel Peters Vancouver, WA

When I set up my service I asked for unlimited! I was told that based on my data usage I would never have a need for unlimited and the agent put me on a different plan! Then a mounts goes buy and I went over my usage! So I upgraded! The upgrade to unlimited ( only $12 fillets more) I paid them $60 in overages !! Thought I was done, then my next bill came up n the amount of $228.00... Now I am being told that there was a $ 85 charge from the last bill cycle!! I is a scam fir more and more money!!! When you call customer support! The people are talking to you and you can’t really understand what they are saying they are talking in broken English!!!!