Truly Nolen may be best known for its “Truly Nolen Mouse Car.” This pest control company is dedicated to providing the best pest management to its customers. The website provides in-depth articles about bed bugs (bed bug bites and infestations), spiders, termites, bees and wasps, as well as other common insects, so customers know what to look for should they suspect an outbreak. Customers can contact Truly Nolen service professionals via telephone, social media or email if they have questions or concerns.

Truly Nolen was founded by Truly Wheatfield Nolen in Miami, Florida, in 1938. Since its founding, the company has significantly expanded to serve more than 150,000 customers and employ about 1,100 partners. Truly Nolen operates in 17 states across the U.S. and has international franchises in over 55 countries.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 Croach chevron_right
#3 American Pest chevron_right

The Good

• Free Estimate and Inspection
  • Four Season’s Approach
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Website Resources

Free Estimate and Inspection

Truly Nolen does not charge potential customers for an inspection or an estimate. Individuals can easily schedule an inspection or fill out a free electronic estimate form on the company's website.

Four Season's Approach

Truly Nolen attacks residential pest problems with the Four Season’s Approach. This includes different individual steps, using the best equipment and the best materials. Being a part of the Four Season’s Approach will provide customers with the following pest control services:

Interior Services

• Exterior Powder Application
  • Exterior Hot Spot Treatment
  • Power Treatment
  • Exterior Dual Bait System
  • Exclusion (up to 3 linear feet included)

Satisfaction Guarantee

Truly Nolen's work is covered under a satisfaction guarantee. If a customer has a problem with any part of the service, the company will continue to service their home at no extra charge until they are satisfied. If the customer is still unhappy with the service, Truly Nolen will refund them for the last scheduled service.

Website Resources

Truly Nolen provides a number of helpful resources on its website, including a residential service guide, a commercial service guide, a pest identifier, information on seasonal pests, a termite swarm map, and a pest advice blog. The company also provides an "Ask the Expert" feature where individuals can submit questions for an experienced pest control expert.

The Bad

Service Not Available in All States

Currently, Truly Nolen offers pest control services in the following 18 states: Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Nebraska, South Dakota, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania. Individuals who live outside of the company's area of operation will not be able to do business with Truly Nolen.

The Bottom Line

Truly Nolen provides various services to get rid of unwanted bugs, rodents, and other pests from people’s homes. However, Truly Nolen also provides services for commercial properties, Florida lawn care solutions, and heating and air conditioning filters.

Truly Nolen is an experienced pest control company that offers free estimates and inspections, a satisfaction and money-back guarantee, and a variety of helpful resources on its website. Homeowners can sign up for the residential pest control plan and get rid of a bed bug infestation or business owners can select the commercial pest control plan and keep rodents, ants, and spiders out of their building.

If you live in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Nebraska, South Dakota, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania, Truly Nolen is worth looking into. Just look for the bright yellow mouse truck driving around your neighborhood.

View Best Pest Control Companies

3.1

Bonita Robyn Gruenewald

July 28th, 2020 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We hired Truly Nolen for the mosquito issue that we were having. While we can't be rid of all mosquitoes their product and regular service has made the issue almost disappear. We love our tech. He is very polite and accommodating to any additional spray requests.

Larry C

May 29th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Thank you Truly Nolen for your lawn service. My lawn has never looked this good. My thanks also to technician Monil D for his excellent customer service. He is both personable and informative on the treatments provided. I had another service before Truly Nolen. In less time the results are fantastic. I’m couldn’t be more pleased.

Beverly Schacher

February 4th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used Truly Nolan several years ago to remove a bee colony (Africanized) inside the block wall of our house. The technician was very knowledgeable and and took care of the problem professionally. The bees never returned and we were very satisfied with the service.

Carol Oldershaw

November 27th, 2019 Prescott, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used Truly Nolen for years, for both the inside and outside of my house. Its techs are prompt, courteous, knowledgeable. Guy, the tech who was here today, did a super thorough inspection, and treatment, of the inside of my home. Thank you.

Hal Smith

November 18th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

I have dealt with Truly Nolen professionally for years. So I know how they are behind the scenes, which is first rate. They really care. Now personally I was in need of their services. I had some termite issues. Jason came out for my inspection. He was very knowledgeable and through. He answered all my questions in detail. Today was I was scheduled for treatment. Mike showed up right on time. He took Jason's notes and did a further inspection and verified what he was given to do. Greg showed up shortly after Mike's arrival to assist. They tag teamed the work and finished sooner than I was expecting. When they were done they both checked with me to see if I had any questions. They were very personable, efficient and respectful of my home. Truly, you "Truly" have a great team! Thank you!

Tina Fridman

November 1st, 2019 Haines City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible Terrible company! They sprayed my attic and sprayed electrical wires which cut off the electric in half of my house. They told me it was my fault for not telling the technician what kind of wiring was up in the attic and where it was. They refuse to fix the issue, and have left me without electric for a week now. They closed my account down and only did 1/4 of the treatment. They will not return my calls now. The people were all very rude when I initially was talking to them. They also claim the spraying would not affect my fish and two days later all of my fish were dead!

Valerie

September 6th, 2019 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Warren V is my Truly Nolen Technician. He has broad knowledge and experience in not only getting rid of rodents, but also keeping them out! He is extremely polite and courteous and goes out of his way to explain and give suggestions. He came to my house with only one day notice when I needed him. I can't thank him enough.

Renee

August 27th, 2019 Venice, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called Truly Nolen on 8-25 -19 I have a service contract for rodent control which is do to expire in October. I had a dead rat on my walkway outside. The representative I spoke with said she left two messages with and I should receive a call back. I asked if someone would come out that day. She assured me they would because of the disease factor. Well here we are. Tuesday 8-27-19. No phone call. My neighbor came over and disposed of the rat for me. Needless to say I will NOT renewing my contract

James

July 30th, 2019 Hamlin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good company and great service! I would totally recommend if your in need of any pest control issues!

Rachel Ellsworth

July 1st, 2019 Gilbert, AZ

Truly Nolen has the best pest control! This company is very trustworthy and effective.

Robert H. Martyne III

June 6th, 2019 North Fort Myers, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Frank C III, is the Service Coordinator, Truly Nolen sent out to help me, and my girlfriend. And boy, I'm I glad they did!! He is really on top of his profession!!! He is always on time, first of all, then as soon as he introduces himself, it's all uphill from there!!! He is very, very knowable about termites, bedbugs, and all other insects. He will then suggest to you the best way to get rid of all your insects, at a very timely, cost efficient, and professional way. He is without a doubt, the most professional, friendly, knowable and courteous person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting!!! As far as I'm concerned he should be running ,Truly Nolen !!!

Tim Haynackie

May 29th, 2019 Corona, CA

They were a no show with a 2 hour window.. I asked for a call to confirm the appointment and they never called me either.. I wasted 2 hours of my day...

Lee Baker

April 23rd, 2019 Clarksville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst conning business I've ever used for service. If you want to waste your money with a business which has numerous of hidden cost then choose Truly Nolen. 1. If you cancel your contract be prepared to pay double the cost. 2. Recurring contract weather you want their service or not. 3. The only thing Truly Nolen cares about is your money nothing more nothing less, don't waste your energy with this business.

wayne sanders

February 12th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Truly Nolan to service my companies buildings. the tech arrived on time and gave a quick run down of the services he would be performing which was nice because I was sure I would be getting what I needed to have done. he finished in a timely manor and I felt he did a thorough job. I made an appointment ahead of time for the next time I wanted service and was pleased to get a reminder phone call a few days before.

janalee sanders

February 8th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

when looking for pest control I tried out Truly Nolan because the people I spoke with said they were happy with the service. We used their service a few times but ended up not continuing only because there service availability was very limited for my area. if they were to expand their service days/hours for my area I will probably use them in the future.

Brinley Knowles

January 16th, 2019 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Truly Nolen was awesome and gave me a free inspection and estimated how much my whole house would be to do. They were very friendly and easy to work with.

Kelly

January 5th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our Technician Jared B is very thourgh and he calls every time and give his time out. We have not had any bugs when Jared comes. He is our guy! I would recommend him to everyone. I trust him in our home.

Grant

December 7th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Truly Nolen has reliable service and fair prices.

erik a vognild

September 23rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As always, they were on time, explained the process in detail and then reviewed their findings once done. I find their staff professional and hard working. As with any pest control, one can't get them all but there is always a marked reduction in them after treatment. No complaints.

jeannine may

September 22nd, 2018 Manheim, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used the company based in Lancaster County, PA. A month ago I discovered a hornet's nest in a tree. I called and someone came out the next day and removed the nest. No problems and I was satisfied with their service. Then this past week I discovered 5-6 yellow jackets in my bedroom over a week's time. I realized on a Thursday night that I needed to get this taken care of ASAP. I called the same company on Friday. They sent someone out; he found the nest which had partly invaded my home via a window well to the basement. He advised me to put some masking tape over my heating/AC vent in the bedroom to keep the strays away from my bedroom. Another tech came out this morning ( a Saturday) and took care of the problem. They offer a guarantee but I'm hoping my problem is solved. They have been easy to deal with very professional. I would definitely recommend them.

Marijane Mercer

September 21st, 2018 Santa Fe, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Truly Nolen for two years in Santa Fe. The invasion of ants was tremendous. The whole neighborhood is infested. However, this company has made the situation manageable. Each young serve man has been excellent. Today Thomas G did a thorough job, courteous and handled a very vocal dog.

jerome silvey

August 24th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

avoid them at all cost...unprofessional is a compliment...they will continue to bill you if you are a client or not...then send you to collection for something they never did, but charged you for, a horror show! Jerry sorry for the 1 star, zero was not an option.

Kevin Greer

August 24th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been with the Tucson branch on Speedway for over 10 years and have never had a problem. Joe O is my tech and he deserves some kinda recognition ($) for the service he provides... in a world where everyone is trying to skate buy on as little as possible, Joe is a breath of fresh air, going over and beyond to help us maintain a bug free home and yard. Thank you Truly Nolan, and especially, thank you Joe!

Jay Cole

August 2nd, 2018 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After 3 quotes Truly Nolen came in at best price. I am very please with their work. They came out when they said . Did a fine Job ,cleaned everything once done. I am Very Pleased Mitchell W. Thank You Sir !

A very disappointing experience

June 27th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good value and reliable. Customer service is very good.

Dora Pope

June 26th, 2018 Garland, TX

I'm very happy with the honesty and great work that Truly Nolen provides, from Greg to Richard our tech. Very friendly and trustworthy! We have their pest, mosquito service and we are adding the termite treatment, too with them. They listen to you and are there when I need them. Plus price is reasonable!

Mary campbell

June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a scam! I switched to Truly Nolan from my other monthly pesticide service and at the time was told their “quarterly”service fee was $135, which was roughly the same amount I was paying my current service. My current provider came out 1/ month, charged around $40 each visit. The TN rep came out once in the quarter, which I thought was odd to start with, as he did not do anything extra the previous bug guy did. So I basically went from paying $40 Visit to $135, so I guess I am paying for being ignorant. I just moved and called 1 month in advance to cancel and have received not 1 but 2 charges of $45 on my autopay. I called to see what is going on and he explains that each time the rep comes out it is $135 and they just average it out over 3 months so as I had service in April I was paying for it through June. I am steamed as it was NEVER explanined to me like that and it is even worse as I was paying for service for both me and my son at this home. Same thing for them. I would warn anyone that wants to use Truly Nolan to be sure you understand what you are signing up for. My troubles with TN started the day I signed up. While the actual rep and service was phenomenal, they could not EVER get the scheduling of my service straightened out. I simply asked them to call me to schedule a date when I could be home so the rep could both do inside and outside because I work. Every single time I get an automated voice message saying that I was scheduled for service on X day. I called the office back, asked again to please have them do the courtesy of calling me to schedule a time that I could be there. I was told they had an automated system and that’s just how it worked. So much for customer service. They could never get it straight so the administrative part of truly Nolen is awful. I mentioned I paid for service for my son as well. They asked for the same thing, to be Contacted to schedule a date when they could be home, and at a time that the baby wasn’t sleeping. But every single time a rep just showed up, rang the doorbell, woke up the baby, or came when they weren’t home and couldn’t do the inside. This has all been a frustrating and painful experience with TN. At this point I’m relieved to go back to my old pesticide service.

Daniel Ford

May 30th, 2018 Rio Verde, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom lives in an assisted living facility, and her apartment had ticks. The facility was supposed to take care of the problem and it never did. Finally, frustrated, I called Truly Nolan. They were very professional and attentive. They fixed the problem. I could not be happier

Ronald Lane

May 30th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL

This has to be the worst excuse of a service company on earth. I had a home inspection on 5/9/18 and that was the last I ever heard from Truly Nolen. I have made 5 calls to various people at TN ... all promising to get back to me within 24-48 hours. NOT! I strongly recommend that you find any other inspection company but Truly Nolen. I STILL haven't heard from them!!

Carrie Peterson

May 11th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ok but all you can do yourself we had gophers and we had to call everytime we saw a new hole they just came out and used the same product you can buy at the store

sam willson

May 9th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good service. Unprofessional staff.

Steve Miller

April 20th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their product doesn't work! Many roaches 12 days after their "treatment". I called them and they chose not to stand by their service. Terrible company!

Al Palladino

March 3rd, 2018 Sun City Center, FL

On March 1 we had a termite service done at our home by David T. and want to comment on his professionalism and service. It was part of a contractual visit set up by the previous owner of our home. We were very pleased with his performance and manner.

Dwayne margolese

February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I moved to Halifax and hired this company for two homes. At first, i wad very impressed with the service. The second year, the service declined severely. When I call fur service, I expect service to be delivered. I know that nothing was done at times, since I was home and could see what was happening. I am going to try things myself and think that I am capable. Bait boxes for rays and move can be purchased as easily as ant killer.

Dwayne margolese

February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jeffery Hart

September 23rd, 2017 Lake Mary, FL

Hiring process is a joke the guy who interviewed me was a guy from dunkin donuts? I have 40 years of pest control experience and they said i wasnt a good fit . There hiring procedures have nothing to do with the industry .they just want paper pushers and employees to be like robots. I guess thats why they have never been able to compete with the big guys....Ecolab , Steritech, orkin, etc. Wow typical upper management creating jib security for them by not hiring canadites with proven pest control backgrounds . At least in central florida they aren't even close to there competition in the commercial arena .

Mechelle

July 3rd, 2017

This company hire unprofessional kids, who are not trained properly. They are good at saying I'm sorry over and over again. The sales people are uneducated and the tech are very rude and has no knowledge. I would never use this company again..

AngryWorkingMom

June 16th, 2017 New Port Richey, FL

My first complaint is the provider showed up unannounced on the wrong day. Inspection was scheduled for a Saturday with a time window between 9-11am. It's Friday at 8:20AM. She was sitting outside in her vehicle to call and tell me that she arrived, but my house is numbered wrong because she had been driving around in circles. [insulting]. We are a corner lot. I didn't have any trouble finding the house when I looked to buy it. She also went on to talk about her big event she had to go to on Saturday which was why she couldn't come out as planned. I was about to leave for work, so I obviously was inconvenienced by her arrival. I told her I would come out to meet her. It was raining, so I waited a minute or two at the door. She remained in her vehicle and didn't look to be doing anything other than sitting, so I walked up. She lowered her window and said hi. I asked if she was planning on coming out? She said "oh yeah I didn't see you." Apparently I was seen since she lowered the window. This was just such an unprofessional start. She said there was no estimate since I'm not hiring an annual service so bee removal was just a flat fee of $350. They'd come out twice within a month to spray. I called about bees and ants though and she said she can't look at the 2 ant mounds unless I buy the annual service. Everything I asked about on the initial call was crap. The inspection was less than subpar. I'm looking elsewhere.

Jan Wanczyk

June 3rd, 2017 North Fort Myers, FL

They do not provide the service they say they will and do NOT honor their guarantee. The canned apologies and follow through are deplorable. When asked for proof they performed the service they billed me for it was not provided. When asked to be contacted by a company rep, they couldn't find the time for that either. I'm curious which customers if any you find important beyond receiving the monthly check. after being a customer and paying my bill on time monthly, I would never recommend this company as a reliable or ethical company to do business with.

Silvia Lizama

December 22nd, 2016

Truly Nolen is one of the worst and most unethical companies we have ever dealt with. After 20 years of paying yearly for their termite warranty protection we kept having evidence of termites. At first they refused to tent our home and spot treated the area with live termites. Months later the termites were back in full force a few inches from the original spot treatment. After much discussion, emails and talks with the manager we were told that we would have our home tented. This negotiation took months. It was summer and we went on vacation, we agreed in writing that we would tent our home in August 2016. Our Truly Nolen rep was also on vacation and not returning till mid August. When we went to schedule the appointment they claimed that our warranty had lapsed July 31st and we would need to pay again. When we said we did not choose to extend the warranty another year they refused to honor their commitment to tent our home. After 20 years we feel completely ripped off by this greedy company. DO NOT USE THEM!

seana brogan

December 6th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

I cannot begin to explain the lack of communication that this company has within itself. I had rodents in the area so I wanted Truly Nolen to come out and make sure everything was okay. The initial guy that came out told me I had at least for rats in my attic. He told me that it was $850 but my service would travel with me for a smaller fee into any new house I moved into. That wasn't even the problem... They cut a hole in my firewall in my attic and did not bother to tell me. I called repeatedly to have follow up service. The only time they would come out to inspect the traps was after they told me they would and didn't show and I had to call them and bug them to come out and check them. One time a technician name Brittany told me she found a leg... then the next person that came out said oh you don't have any rats. This was a lengthy process... Over several months to get any answers. One of their technicians put rats strips under my furnace blower and it got stuck in my furnace almost caused a fire in my house. Finally I got a hold of the manager Lee, he argued that they definitely would not have cut a hole in the firewall but then after he came out and look at it said oh yeah they probably cut that. I'm assuming to shut me up Lee promised that the house that I'm moving into that they would come and do a free service which normally cost around $500 and button everything up so that would not have this problem in the future. So when I got my new house I called and Joe came to inspect. I wasn't home when he left he told my mother that he would be calling me. Later on that afternoon I called truly Nolen and left a message. Joe never got back to me. That was on a Friday, by Tuesday I got fed up and called and asked for Lee the manager. Finally Lee called me back with Joe. I told him that I was ready for them to come over and button everything up. At that point he said that they were just going to be doing a free bug spray service. True... I should have gotten everything in writing... because these people do not keep their word! I look forward to copying and pasting this on every review site that I could possibly find... but with the reviews they already have... Maybe I should have already known better! Don't trust the mouse truck!

Vladimir Dubrovsky

October 19th, 2016 Northvale, NJ

I bought the house with roaches, German roaches, most complicated to extinguish, but most common in Florida. Called Truly Nolen, they did a couple of services and in 5 months I have the same roaches. They never call back to follow their service and ask about bugs, they wait for your complains. I recommend to hire somebody else because you want to have all bugs out and not to see their funny cars.

David Sole Almondi

October 6th, 2016 North Port, FL

I have a neighbor contacted truly nolen to exterminate the ants on my yard and put my name on the paper and signed while we are out of town. The funny thing is I don't have ants on my yard and there was camera installed on my drive way and didn't see them go on the yard, but according to the customer service that they have GPS to track them, but the guy probably sitting on the road having lunch. I was surprise a collection agency is trying to reach me for the missing payment. I could've paid it, if I want it to but this is wrong so I made a complaint.

Jack Boyd

September 6th, 2016 Saint Augustine, FL

I have had Truly Nolan for over two years and my yard looks worse today than it did then. Their service is terrible. They have almost destroyed my yard. For one they can't keep management so every new guy tells the tech something different. Run if these people come knocking on your door.

Gary Alanzo Larson

July 8th, 2016 Waxhaw, NC

As a new customer, I have been sorely disappointed. Their sales team is very good; however, from the fact that they have technicians that don't show, or cancel last minute. To the fact that I had ants showing up minutes, days and weeks after right where their technicians sprayed. When asked about the no-show, the representative said that's a bad and newer technician who has had several complaints. Their products did not work (or they forgot to get) in the garage where several spiders are still hanging out. I've called them to ask for a cancellation of my contract within 30-days, and they said I could but then said there would be a fee associated with it. So, I'd have to pay over $100 to cancel for a service that I never received. They have a after hour call center for anytime after 5pm or on the weekend that simply takes messages for someone to get back to you next business day. So they only have appointments between 8-4pm M-F. I asked what about people that have to work, why not weekends? They've been aggressive about collecting their $99/quarterly fee, but I wish their technicians were as aggressive about getting rid of the ants still in my house. Truly trapped in a contract. Truly still have ants. Truly not happy.

Rose

February 16th, 2016 Haines City, FL

Don't be fooled by fancy stars the only reason why you'll ever be seeing good reviews for Truly Nolan is if they write it themselves. Truly awful service and now I am in collections for it. I want everyone not to make the mistake I did. I will never trust another pest control company. Always do your research folks.

Charlotte Platte

July 11th, 2015 Jacksonville, FL

The tech that does my yard is very good he looks at the yard to see what is wrong and mix according to the problem not like the others that spray everyone yard with the same mixture I think that is very good because everyone yard do not have the same problem. I completely love the tech that's willing to give me what I pay for.