Pestie

8.1

Founded in 2019, Pestie is one of the first subscription based, do-it-yourself pest control solutions on the market. The company delivers safe, regionally based pest control solutions across the country via a mail-based, easy-to-use sprayer kit. Applications take as little as five minutes and cost as little as $24 — a marked improvement from the sometimes hundreds of dollars charged by traditional pest control companies.

The Good

• Cost-Effective, DIY Pest Control
  • Comprehensive Pest Solutions
  • Eco-Friendly Pesticides
  • Satisfaction Guarantee

Cost-Effective, DIY Pest Control

Pestie pest control is seeking to disrupt the pest control industry by putting the power into the hands of the homeowner through its mail-based, DIY pest control solutions. That means nobody knocking at your door and no questionable sales tactics. The Pestie analysis process is simple:

1. Pestie delivers a professional-grade pest control kit directly to the customer’s door.
  2. Homeowners spray the pest control product on the area surrounding their homes.
  3. Pestie sends another kit when it’s time to reapply.

What’s in the box?

In addition to a location-based pesticide concentrate, Pestie also provides customers with an ergonomic electronic sprayer, mixing bag, protective gloves, and step-by-step instructions. The application is designed to not only provide a powerful first punch for any insect infestation, but also a long-term release that will keep unwanted pests away from months at a time.

How do I apply it?

Pestie’s products are easy to use: Simply combine water and the pest control concentrate into the application mixing bag and spray around the foundation, windows, door frames, garage doors, and window wells. Customers can additionally spray around porches, under decks, inside garages, and in any other cracks or crevices surrounding the home’s exterior.

How much does it cost?

Pestie is one of the few pest control companies with completely transparent pricing. Customers have three subscription options, all with free, one-day to two-day shipping:

• One-time purchase — $39 for a single application
  • Pay as you go — $29 per application; pay when each application ships, get one kit every season
  • Yearly subscription —  $96 today; $24 per application with four kits shipped throughout the year

Pestie also has a flexible cancellation policy; customers can cancel their subscription at any time without fee or penalty.

Comprehensive Pest Solutions

Pestie provides tailored pest control solutions for every state in the country to coincide with the specific pests, climate, and regulations of each state. As a result, the company boasts an extensive portfolio of covered pests:

American house spiders Carpet beetles Fleas Long-bodied cellar spiders Scorpions
Anobiid or deathwatch Cellar spiders Flesh flies Lyctid or powder post Seed bugs
Ants (all common varieties) Centipedes Flies Mealybugs Silverfish
Aphids Chiggers Forest tent caterpillars Midges Sod webworms
Argentine ants Chinch bugs Fruit flies Millipedes Sow bugs
Armyworms Cigarette beetles Fungus gnats Mites
Spider mites (twospotted, spruce)
Asian needle ants Clothes moths Gnats Mole crickets (nymphs and young adults)
Spiders (all common varieties)
Azalea caterpillars Clover mites Grasshoppers Mosquito control Spittlebugs
Bagworms Cluster flies Ground beetles Moths Springtails
Bark beetles Confused flour beetles Grubs (suppression) Multicolored Asian lady beetle Stable flies
Bed bugs Crazy ants Gypsy moth larvae Nuisance ants Stink bugs
Bees Crickets Hide beetles Old house borers Striped beetles
Beetles Cutworms Hobo spiders Oleander moth larvae
Striped oakworms
Black turfgrass ataenius Daddy long-leg spiders Hornets Phorid flies Sugar ants
Black vine weevils Dark rover ants Hyperodes weevils Pill bugs
Termite control (above ground only)
Black widow spiders Darkling beetles Japanese beetles Pillbugs Thrips
Blue or green bottle flies Dermestids Jumping spiders Pine sawflies Ticks
Bluegrass billbugs Earwigs June beetles Pine shoot beetles Tip moths
Boxelder bugs Eastern tent caterpillars Kudzu stink bug Pineneedlescales (crawlers) Wasps
Broadmites Elm leaf beetles Lace bugs Pinetip moths Western conifer
California oakworms False powderpost Leafhoppers Root weevils Yellowjackets
California redscales (crawlers) Field ants Leafminers
Saw-toothed grain beetles

Cankerworms Fire ants Leather beetles Sawflies

Pestie has a solution for nearly any pest problem.

Eco-Friendly Pesticides

When used as directed, Pestie's products are both kid-safe and pet-safe. Products are plant-based and designed to mimic the pest suppressing properties of the chrysanthemum flower. The company’s pest control concentrate uses a micro-encapsulated formula meant to eradicate bugs from the inside, while also withstanding both rain and sunshine for a longer-lasting solution than traditional, non-encapsulated pest control formulas.

Pestie's products are also safe to spray on plants, trees, bushes, and grass — but they should not be applied to vegetables or fruit.

Satisfaction Guarantee

Like many pest control companies, Pestie offers customers a satisfaction guarantee. In the events Pestie customers are not 100 percent satisfied with the results of their treatment, Pestie will do whatever it takes to make things right — and that includes a full refund of all purchased products.

The Bad

• No Additional Services
  • Not NPMA-Affiliated

No Additional Services

As Pestie is a DIY pest control company, it does not provide additional services, such as wildlife control or rodent removal, attic or crawl space inspection and treatment, or lawn and garden care. The company does not offer additional safeguards or repair services in the event of termite damage either.

Not NPMA-Affiliated

Pestie does not appear to be affiliated with the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), a nonprofit that promotes best practices in the pest control industry. While this is not an indictment of the company’s products or policies, certifications from the NPMA — including QualityPro and GreenPro — indicate to customers that the company has implemented the latest standards of both professionalism and the use of truly eco-friendly products respectively.

The Bottom Line

Pestle’s products are cost-effective, tailormade to each region in the nation, and are easy to apply. If you’re looking for pest control solutions, but don’t want to deal with pushy, door-to-door salesmen, or pay for services you didn’t ask for, then Pestie is the right company for you. While Pestie lacks several of the qualities of traditional pest management providers (professional inspections, additional services, etc.), it also lacks many of their drawbacks.

Donna West Myrtle Beach, SC

We have sprayed 2 applications at our home in SC (fall & winter). We moved here in Sep. and researched pest control companies. We like the idea of the quarterly applications tailored to our area. It takes only about a half hour to spray and there is enough of the product to thoroughly spray the perimeter of the house and garage and yard. It has worked very well as we have not been plagued by any bugs in or around the house.

Mark G Austin, TX

The subscription is easy to purchase and manage. The product seems to work well. We haven't seen a pest problems in our house since we started using Pestie. There are some tricks to applying the treatment such unscrewing the wand applicator a tad from the bag to allow air in. Otherwise, the sprayer stops working. Offering those kinds of tips in the box would be helpful. Overall, I'm very happy with Pestie's performance and product.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Mark, thank you for the feedback! This is great advice, I am going to pass this along to our team. Please reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] if you have any more feedback :)

Andrew Cork Woodway, TX

Customer service is excellent. The chemicals keep bugs away. The only negative is that the last two sprayers have not sprayed consistently. One required an occasional hard knock on the handle to get the applicator to spray at all and the most recent applicator would flow steady for about a minute before the spray rate noticably decreased. This is a little frustrating and ultimately makes application time much longer than it needs to be. I've considered buying my own sprayer to speed up the application process.

Justin Shawnee Mission, KS

I did have to contact them because I had a shipment that was delayed, I was expecting a shipment sooner and didn't come, I emailed them and somebody wrote me back immediately and apologized and said they would get it out to me right away and put it up on the queue to get there faster.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Justin! Thank you for the shout-out to our customer support team. They work really hard to make sure every customer is taken care of.

Apr. 16th, 2021

Joshua Tualatin, OR

We moved into our house recently and just knowing how pest control companies work it didn't want to do that and spend all that money for a product I know cost a fraction of what they charge and it just made it super easy to get it delivered to me and do it myself.

WKW Riverview, FL

Just received my first Pestie kit. I live near Tampa Bay and insects are 24/7/365...we shall see. I love the DIY concept in pest control....especially after paying thousands over the years to a local pest control company that was less than stellar.

Sam Cooper Haslet, TX

Super easy DIY pest prevention program. Much cheaper than the other guys! I was a skeptic at first, but I’m ready to renew mine for next year already! I have not seen any activity since I started the treatments!

John Las Vegas, NV

We started using Pestie when we first moved into our home. There were lots of bugs around my house, we would see one inside every now and then but now we don't even see them outside anymore.

Jenny Marietta, GA

I just want to make sure that they are moving towards less single use items and specifically letting us reuse our sprayers so we're not having to throw them away every time because it seems very wasteful and not environmental.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for the honest feedback Jenny. We recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will receive our new sprayer in your spring shipment! We would love to know what you think of the new reusable sprayer. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and let us know what you think!

Chris Martin Plano, TX

I highly recommend Pestie! I've been using the service for almost a year and have the same results that I did when I paid 5 times as much for a professional exterminator.

Zack Midvale, UT

It's fairly straightforward. It's cheaper than paying the pros and is (theoretically, at least) the same stuff. Can't help but wish I could just pay a nominal fee for the chemicals and not essentially be paying for four shipments and four new sprayers every year.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Zack! I will pass this feedback onto the team, but in the meantime, we recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will get a chance to try out our new sprayer in your spring order :)

Matthew Westgate Weiser, ID

Great. No problems. Easy instructions, easy to apply. Definitely reduced the spiders and ants inside using this combined with an indoor home defense. Excellent product.

Jonathan Saint Augustine, FL

After our first application within a couple of days there were some dead bugs and then within a week we saw no more bugs at all and I haven't seen bugs in over six months.

Miles Whitefish, MT

Stellar beyond belief! I have complete confidence in protecting my house against unwanted pests now.

David Ivarson Chattanooga, TN

Our experience has been exceptional. We live everything about Pestie from their value for the money to their simplicity of use!

C Cruess Bedford, NH

Super easy and effective! I would highly recommend using Pestie over any type of pest control service that comes to your home.

Brian Knoxville, TN

Excellent product and customer service. Great price as well. After using for about a year, we have the least amount of pests we have ever seen.

Vance Murfreesboro, TN

I still see some bugs and then also the sprayer wasn't very good. It kind of it quit working before I was done. I ended up having to use my sprayer anyway.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Vance, we are sorry you received a faulty sprayer. We recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! Our customer support team would love to talk more with you about the bugs you are still seeing. We have a bug-free guarantee and want to make sure you are 100% satisfied. If would you like additional support, please contact them at [email protected]

Christopher Fort Smith, AR

The first application that I ever did wasn't strong enough to get everything so they sent me another application for free.

Mark Chesapeake, VA

I would say the customer has been great and easy to deal with and all of the people have been helpful when we've called.

Jay Wasack Franklin, TN

Had a bit of trouble with the handle not operating properly. Customer support re-sent a new set with an updated handle and it worked great.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for leaving us a review and also getting in touch with us and letting us make it right! We are so happy to hear the application went better the second time around. I am sure you know, but we recently redesigned our sprayer and they are more powerful and reusable!

Safder Richmond, TX

Great price, but requires effort too. Like the idea of a diy pest service because it’s cheaper but the sprayer is slow and it takes a while to use.

Josh F. Farmington, UT

I like that it shows up with everything I need to quickly apply the product in about 30 minutes around my home.

Nichols Whitesburg, GA

The first shipment, the pesticide was leaking in the box so not a full treatment. The second one came intact, the sprayer is not very strong and the gloves are a joke. I am hopeful that it works.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for the feedback! We are so sorry you received a damaged order. We inspect every box of product we send out, however, sometimes in shipping, the boxes can get damaged. We also recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will receive our new sprayer in your spring shipment. Thank you again for leaving us a review. If you have any questions with your next order please reach out to our customer care team :)

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Antonio Santos Indianapolis, IN

Had a problem with one shipment, it was rectified. Product has worked well so far. Concept is great.

Keith Tell City, IN

The sprayer was pretty bad, it just didn't work. They have had an update on it which I have not received yet.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Keith, we are sorry you received a faulty sprayer. As you know we recently hit the drawing board and re-designed the sprayer from the bottom up. Our new sprayer is more reliable and powerful than ever! You will receive the new sprayer in your upcoming shipment. It looks like it's on its way :) We would love your feedback on your experience!

Nate Lexington, KY

Quick shipment. Easy setup. Effective product. Bug-free home.

G. Paul Overstreet Encinitas, CA

Excellent! Great product and service. What else can you ask for?

John Burch Montgomery, AL

Easy to apply and very effective!. Much better than the pest control services used before.

Chandrashekar Saklaspur Plano, TX

I still have the Ants throughout the yard and it did not completely solved my problems. But suggest as a basic pest control solution

Reply from Pestie

Oh no! We want to make sure you are 100% satisfied! Our customer care team is going to reach out to you and deliver on our bug-free guarantee! Thank you for leaving us this honest review. We are hopeful we can help with your ant issue :)

Stacy Winterville, NC

I wish the instructions were clearer and then there was some inside spray as well. I still occasionally see bugs.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for the honest review Stacy. We stand by our bug-free guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with the results, please reach out to our customer care team. We would love to make it right.

Matt Benicia, CA

Pestie has always delivered on time and we’ve had no issues with pests since we started with them.

Jill Kerrville, TX

I chose to go with Pestie because of ease and price.The product seems to work well.

Joy Jacksonville, FL

It was an affordable option. it works well it just takes a little bit of time for the product to work.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for being patient Joy. With some bugs, you will see an instant result, but with others, it can take up to two weeks to see the full effect. If you have any specific questions please reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] We want to make sure you are 100% satisfied.

Antonio Shawnee Mission, KS

The product is convenient and easy to use. It is a reliable product. Everything shipped fast.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for the review, Antonio! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your experience went. As always, if you need anything, feel free to reach out to our customer support team at [email protected]

Apr. 16th, 2021

Steve Georgetown, PA

Positive so far. Quick application and so much cheaper than a paid service

Liz Washington, DC

Great results and customer service. I'm glad we found this company.

Roger Brooks Irving, TX

Great. I have enjoyed them automatically shipped so I know when to spray.

Gregg West Palm Beach, FL

very responsive customer service, quarterly application is too infrequent for FL

Andries Canton, GA

It's good value for me. I've had one encounter with customer service and it was fine.

William Roswell, GA

Customer support has been very helpful and answers any questions you'll have.

Jacob Woodstock, GA

I decide to go with Pestie because it is convenient. I haven't had any issues.

Garrett Spring, TX

After about the first two rounds of it I just noticed a big difference.

Chad Temple, TX

Customer service took care of me when I needed an extra set shipment.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for the review Chad! We are happy to hear our customer service team took care of you :)

Sean Maricopa, AZ

Good so far. I’ve only had one application and it seemed to go well

Reply from Pestie

We are happy you are enjoying our product! Let us know how your spring shipment goes :)

BKA Waco, TX

Very easy to apply. Controls the bugs/spiders well.

Joseph Hum Mentor, OH

Great service and super easy to work with.

Karen Glendale Heights, IL

Very easy to use good product great price

Alon Banks San Diego, CA

Pestie is super easy and convenient to use.

Angel Beltran Roselle, IL

Excellent product for the exterior of our home.