Pestie

8.1

Founded in 2019, Pestie is one of the first subscription based, do-it-yourself pest control solutions on the market. The company delivers safe, regionally based pest control solutions across the country via a mail-based, easy-to-use sprayer kit. Applications take as little as five minutes and cost as little as $24 — a marked improvement from the sometimes hundreds of dollars charged by traditional pest control companies.

Video Customer Reviews

Roger Brooks Customer Review Video About Pestie

Roger Brooks

Nate Blankenship Customer Review Video About Pestie

Nate Blankenship

The Good

• Cost-Effective, DIY Pest Control
  • Comprehensive Pest Solutions
  • Eco-Friendly Pesticides
  • Satisfaction Guarantee

Cost-Effective, DIY Pest Control

Pestie pest control is seeking to disrupt the pest control industry by putting the power into the hands of the homeowner through its mail-based, DIY pest control solutions. That means nobody knocking at your door and no questionable sales tactics. The Pestie analysis process is simple:

1. Pestie delivers a professional-grade pest control kit directly to the customer’s door.
  2. Homeowners spray the pest control product on the area surrounding their homes.
  3. Pestie sends another kit when it’s time to reapply.

What’s in the box?

In addition to a location-based pesticide concentrate, Pestie also provides customers with an ergonomic electronic sprayer, mixing bag, protective gloves, and step-by-step instructions. The application is designed to not only provide a powerful first punch for any insect infestation, but also a long-term release that will keep unwanted pests away from months at a time.

How do I apply it?

Pestie’s products are easy to use: Simply combine water and the pest control concentrate into the application mixing bag and spray around the foundation, windows, door frames, garage doors, and window wells. Customers can additionally spray around porches, under decks, inside garages, and in any other cracks or crevices surrounding the home’s exterior.

How much does it cost?

Pestie is one of the few pest control companies with completely transparent pricing. Customers have three subscription options, all with free, one-day to two-day shipping:

• One-time purchase — $39 for a single application
  • Pay as you go — $29 per application; pay when each application ships, get one kit every season
  • Yearly subscription —  $96 today; $24 per application with four kits shipped throughout the year

Pestie also has a flexible cancellation policy; customers can cancel their subscription at any time without fee or penalty.

Comprehensive Pest Solutions

Pestie provides tailored pest control solutions for every state in the country to coincide with the specific pests, climate, and regulations of each state. As a result, the company boasts an extensive portfolio of covered pests:

American house spiders Carpet beetles Fleas Long-bodied cellar spiders Scorpions
Anobiid or deathwatch Cellar spiders Flesh flies Lyctid or powder post Seed bugs
Ants (all common varieties) Centipedes Flies Mealybugs Silverfish
Aphids Chiggers Forest tent caterpillars Midges Sod webworms
Argentine ants Chinch bugs Fruit flies Millipedes Sow bugs
Armyworms Cigarette beetles Fungus gnats Mites
Spider mites (twospotted, spruce)
Asian needle ants Clothes moths Gnats Mole crickets (nymphs and young adults)
Spiders (all common varieties)
Azalea caterpillars Clover mites Grasshoppers Mosquito control Spittlebugs
Bagworms Cluster flies Ground beetles Moths Springtails
Bark beetles Confused flour beetles Grubs (suppression) Multicolored Asian lady beetle Stable flies
Bed bugs Crazy ants Gypsy moth larvae Nuisance ants Stink bugs
Bees Crickets Hide beetles Old house borers Striped beetles
Beetles Cutworms Hobo spiders Oleander moth larvae
Striped oakworms
Black turfgrass ataenius Daddy long-leg spiders Hornets Phorid flies Sugar ants
Black vine weevils Dark rover ants Hyperodes weevils Pill bugs
Termite control (above ground only)
Black widow spiders Darkling beetles Japanese beetles Pillbugs Thrips
Blue or green bottle flies Dermestids Jumping spiders Pine sawflies Ticks
Bluegrass billbugs Earwigs June beetles Pine shoot beetles Tip moths
Boxelder bugs Eastern tent caterpillars Kudzu stink bug Pineneedlescales (crawlers) Wasps
Broadmites Elm leaf beetles Lace bugs Pinetip moths Western conifer
California oakworms False powderpost Leafhoppers Root weevils Yellowjackets
California redscales (crawlers) Field ants Leafminers
Saw-toothed grain beetles

Cankerworms Fire ants Leather beetles Sawflies

Pestie has a solution for nearly any pest problem.

Eco-Friendly Pesticides

When used as directed, Pestie's products are both kid-safe and pet-safe. Products are plant-based and designed to mimic the pest suppressing properties of the chrysanthemum flower. The company’s pest control concentrate uses a micro-encapsulated formula meant to eradicate bugs from the inside, while also withstanding both rain and sunshine for a longer-lasting solution than traditional, non-encapsulated pest control formulas.

Pestie's products are also safe to spray on plants, trees, bushes, and grass — but they should not be applied to vegetables or fruit.

Satisfaction Guarantee

Like many pest control companies, Pestie offers customers a satisfaction guarantee. In the events Pestie customers are not 100 percent satisfied with the results of their treatment, Pestie will do whatever it takes to make things right — and that includes a full refund of all purchased products.

The Bad

• No Additional Services
  • Not NPMA-Affiliated

No Additional Services

As Pestie is a DIY pest control company, it does not provide additional services, such as wildlife control or rodent removal, attic or crawl space inspection and treatment, or lawn and garden care. The company does not offer additional safeguards or repair services in the event of termite damage either.

Not NPMA-Affiliated

Pestie does not appear to be affiliated with the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), a nonprofit that promotes best practices in the pest control industry. While this is not an indictment of the company’s products or policies, certifications from the NPMA — including QualityPro and GreenPro — indicate to customers that the company has implemented the latest standards of both professionalism and the use of truly eco-friendly products respectively.

The Bottom Line

Pestle’s products are cost-effective, tailormade to each region in the nation, and are easy to apply. If you’re looking for pest control solutions, but don’t want to deal with pushy, door-to-door salesmen, or pay for services you didn’t ask for, then Pestie is the right company for you. While Pestie lacks several of the qualities of traditional pest management providers (professional inspections, additional services, etc.), it also lacks many of their drawbacks.

Message from
Pestie

Seeing bugs? Not with Pestie. We deliver customized, pro-grade pest control and a full application kit right to your door. And we stand by it's quality with our bug-free guarantee. If you're not satisfied, we'll do whatever it takes to make it right—send special treatments, personalized treatment plans, or a full refund. It's risk-free... unless you're a bug.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Christopher Bowe Hayward, CA

We had a sudden cockroach infestation around our back patio area, with a few making their way to the side of the house and garage. My kids were unable to play in the backyard and my wife refused to go in to the garage. Ordered Petie and chatted on Facebook asking if there was a way to expedite the order. They got it out same day. Within a 48 hours most of the activity was gone and within a couple weeks no roaches were seen and they have not returned. Thanks for the great customer service and for making a great, easy to use and affordable product.

Reply from Pestie

We are so happy to hear your family can play in the backyard and you can use your garage again! Thanks for being a Pestie customer and let us know if you need any support :)

Bob Jackson Decatur, GA

i just enrolled and have received my initial order and applied about 2 months ago... so far no problems... noticed a few dead bugs first week but everything great after that. Application was quick and easy and results as predicted...

Robert Moore Santa Barbara, CA

I had so many ants that came into the house I was afraid to fall asleep because I was afraid they carry me away. LOL I sprayed and the next day did not see one ant. It was fast and easy and the price is right.

Reply from Pestie

We are so happy you can get a good night's sleep now and don't have to arm yourself with spray 24/7! Thanks for being a Pestie customer Robert, we really appreciate your review!

Paulette Wright Cope, SC

I love having the spray/sprayer sent automatically, plus it costs much less than I would normally pay with the "big bug guys". I'm ready for my next shipment!

Reply from Pestie

It looks like your summer booster is on its way and should be to you any day now! Reach out to our customer care team if you need any support with this next application :)

Glenda Broussard Reedsburg, WI

This product is so easy to use, and I love the auto-ship so I do not have to think about it. It just ships when it is needed for my specific location.

Roger Scheuer Glendora, CA

I have tried so many products and none have worked for more than 1 week UNTIL I TRIED PESTIES. It's now been 3 months and not an ant in sight

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review Roger! I am sure you know, we only send pro-grade products that have long-lasting residual effects! We are so happy you are loving Pestie!

Travis Irwin Orem, UT

Pestie is an amazing company. I don't like paying someone else a ton of money for something I can easily do and Pestie has allowed me to do that!

Reply from Pestie

We love that our customers have a DIY attitude! Thanks for being a Pestie customer and leaving us a review!

Jenna Chico, CA

The spray is very weak. I did have a bat and a huge tan spider on my porch ceiling. But overall it's good. There are still mosquitos on our patio too but a lot less

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review Jenna. We are so sorry you received a faulty sprayer. Please reach out to our customer care team so we can send you a new sprayer with your next order! We want to make sure you get to use a powerful sprayer with your next application!

Larry Grapevine, TX

So far no bugs in the house. Everything in the video that you need to know. Plenty of product for your size house.

Manjeet Savannah, GA

It works really good but may be just for a 15-20 days. They need to increase the frequency every month rather than once every 4months.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for the feedback Manjeet! Do you know about our bug-free guarantee? Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your summer booster application and the bugs you are seeing and how we can get your home bug-free!

Travis Russell McCully Granbury, TX

Like the price and applicator, don't like that in seeing quite a bit more spiders than I was with other treatments before Pestie.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Travis! Did you know about our bug-free guarantee? Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your last application and how we can honor our guarantee!

Kermit Davidson Antioch, CA

Had a problem with ants after the first spraying, they sent out a booster bag free to take care of the ants

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for letting us know you were still seeing bugs and giving us the chance to make it right! We are so happy the customized booster application took care of your ant problem! Thanks for being a Pestie customer!

Donna West Myrtle Beach, SC

We have sprayed 2 applications at our home in SC (fall & winter). We moved here in Sep. and researched pest control companies. We like the idea of the quarterly applications tailored to our area. It takes only about a half hour to spray and there is enough of the product to thoroughly spray the perimeter of the house and garage and yard. It has worked very well as we have not been plagued by any bugs in or around the house.

D Dalton, GA

After the Shipment #1 - no bugs inside whatsoever. Shipment #2 reinforced #1. Waiting on #3 now.

Reply from Pestie

Yay, this made our day! We are so happy we could help make your home bug-free D!

Ronald LaRoche Brooksville, FL

Haven't seen any digs in the house after first application. Waiting for my second shipment

Charl345 Columbus, GA

My house was infested with all types of insects, especially termites, I called pestie and schedule an appointment, they came and took care of the problems, very good reliable service.

Chris S. Wilmington, MA

The product was easy to use and shipped fast. It seemed to work for the most part. I have completed 1 application. The only reason why I cannot give 5 stars is that, this did not help with the ants that still find their way into the house. Since the application, I have seen way too many ants inside the home. Let's hope after my second application in a couple of months, that starts to go away. Other than that, the value is great and there has been a small reduction in other flying bugs. Not elimination but, a small reduction. I have not worked with customer service and cannot attest to trustworthiness as of yet so I gave 3 stars there. I did not want to just leave 1 and wanted to at least give benefit of the doubt.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Chris! Thanks for leaving us a review! We would love the opportunity to get your home ant-free! Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your last treatment along with some solutions we have. We stand by our bug-free guarantee and think we help solve your ant issue :) Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. We can't wait to speak with you!

Jun. 11th, 2021

Andrew Cork Woodway, TX

Customer service is excellent. The chemicals keep bugs away. The only negative is that the last two sprayers have not sprayed consistently. One required an occasional hard knock on the handle to get the applicator to spray at all and the most recent applicator would flow steady for about a minute before the spray rate noticably decreased. This is a little frustrating and ultimately makes application time much longer than it needs to be. I've considered buying my own sprayer to speed up the application process.

Mark G Austin, TX

The subscription is easy to purchase and manage. The product seems to work well. We haven't seen a pest problems in our house since we started using Pestie. There are some tricks to applying the treatment such unscrewing the wand applicator a tad from the bag to allow air in. Otherwise, the sprayer stops working. Offering those kinds of tips in the box would be helpful. Overall, I'm very happy with Pestie's performance and product.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Mark, thank you for the feedback! This is great advice, I am going to pass this along to our team. Please reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] if you have any more feedback :)

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Joshua Tualatin, OR

We moved into our house recently and just knowing how pest control companies work it didn't want to do that and spend all that money for a product I know cost a fraction of what they charge and it just made it super easy to get it delivered to me and do it myself.

Justin Shawnee Mission, KS

I did have to contact them because I had a shipment that was delayed, I was expecting a shipment sooner and didn't come, I emailed them and somebody wrote me back immediately and apologized and said they would get it out to me right away and put it up on the queue to get there faster.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Justin! Thank you for the shout-out to our customer support team. They work really hard to make sure every customer is taken care of.

Apr. 16th, 2021

Linda Banass Mokena, IL

I have not seen one bug in my house since I started using Pestie!

Reply from Pestie

We love hearing this! Thanks for leaving us a review Linda!

Paul Pavelek Myrtle Beach, SC

Best DIY pest control. Dead bugs every where after first application.

Sam Cooper Haslet, TX

Super easy DIY pest prevention program. Much cheaper than the other guys! I was a skeptic at first, but I’m ready to renew mine for next year already! I have not seen any activity since I started the treatments!

John Las Vegas, NV

We started using Pestie when we first moved into our home. There were lots of bugs around my house, we would see one inside every now and then but now we don't even see them outside anymore.

Jenny Marietta, GA

I just want to make sure that they are moving towards less single use items and specifically letting us reuse our sprayers so we're not having to throw them away every time because it seems very wasteful and not environmental.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for the honest feedback Jenny. We recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will receive our new sprayer in your spring shipment! We would love to know what you think of the new reusable sprayer. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and let us know what you think!

Apr. 15th, 2021

Michele Smith Opelika, AL

Ease of application as it keeps the bugs away!!

Georgia Childs Ayden, NC

The product is so easy to use and it works well!

al dugan Maysville, KY

This product really works.Best i have ever used.

Blake Talley Waxhaw, NC

Great customer service and their products really work!

Reply from Pestie

We will pass this review along to our customer care team. Thanks for taking the time to leave it and we are so happy Pestie is working for you!

Becky Lairson Fresno, CA

Easy to use, and it worked. No odor after I used it.

Kylie McElwain Dixon, CA

I like the ease but there are still gaps of coverage in between the quarters.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It looks like your summer booster application is on its way! Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about our bug-free guarantee and this next application. We want to make your home bug-free this summer!

Dorothy Judy San Miguel, CA

Fullfills promises made in advertisment for services.

Brandy Cuiskelly Richardson, TX

So easy to use, shipped on time and love the convenience!

Tamara Merrill Wickenburg, AZ

Easy to use and seems effective - used it twice so far

Marc Sheer Arvada, CO

Easy, pretty effective so far. Only two applications.

RYAN SCHUMM Glendale, CO

Easy and works great! The price point is also a bonus!

Reply from Pestie

We love making our customer's homes bug-free while saving them money. Thanks for being a Pestie customer!

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Tim Pedersen La Pine, OR

the pesticide arrived fast and works fast!

MICHAEL T MESKEW Granada Hills, CA

If properly applied it's a very safe product.

Robert Kimbro Murfreesboro, TN

Haven't seen any insects since I started using Bestie.

Daniel DuBois Noblesville, IN

Only have used once so far but seems to be doing the trick

Andrew Chepeus Mentor, OH

Easy to use and very effective. We'll worth the money

Sara G. Gapasin Fresno, CA

My indoor pest problem is almost nonexistent

Zack Midvale, UT

It's fairly straightforward. It's cheaper than paying the pros and is (theoretically, at least) the same stuff. Can't help but wish I could just pay a nominal fee for the chemicals and not essentially be paying for four shipments and four new sprayers every year.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Zack! I will pass this feedback onto the team, but in the meantime, we recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will get a chance to try out our new sprayer in your spring order :)

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Chris Martin Plano, TX

I highly recommend Pestie! I've been using the service for almost a year and have the same results that I did when I paid 5 times as much for a professional exterminator.

Matthew Westgate Weiser, ID

Great. No problems. Easy instructions, easy to apply. Definitely reduced the spiders and ants inside using this combined with an indoor home defense. Excellent product.

Jonathan Saint Augustine, FL

After our first application within a couple of days there were some dead bugs and then within a week we saw no more bugs at all and I haven't seen bugs in over six months.

WKW Riverview, FL

Just received my first Pestie kit. I live near Tampa Bay and insects are 24/7/365...we shall see. I love the DIY concept in pest control....especially after paying thousands over the years to a local pest control company that was less than stellar.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review! We can't wait to hear how it went!

May. 17th, 2021

Madisen Cluff Los Angeles, CA

College apartments aren't exactly the most sanitary or safe when it comes to bugs. My sophomore year of college, the apartment me and my friends lived in developed a bit of a cockroach problem. We tried everything from bug spray to peppermint oils but it didn't improve. We ended up buying Pestie's bug control solution Which did a great job removing or problem. My only complaint is how long it took for the stuff to be delivered.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for trying Pestie! We are happy you were able to help get your college apartment roach-free with Pestie! We do wish you hadn't experienced a shipping delay. We usually get packages sent out the same or next bussess day, but sometimes slowdowns happen en route on the way to you. Thanks for leaving us a review Madison!

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Miles Whitefish, MT

Stellar beyond belief! I have complete confidence in protecting my house against unwanted pests now.