Pestie

7.2

LAST UPDATED: January 25th, 2023

Pestie, founded in 2019, is a subscription based, do-it-yourself pest control service company that delivers safe, regionally-based sprayer kits right to your doorstep. The cost of a kit starts at $34 per application for an annual plan, or you can pay $49 for a one-time application purchase. Kits include everything you need, from pesticide to tools, and step-by-step application instructions.

Continue reading to learn more about this pest control company or jump down to read Pestie reviews from real customers.

The Good

• DIY Pest Control Service
  • Affordable Pest Control
  • Comprehensive Pest Solutions
  • Eco-Friendly Pesticide
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Pestie Reviews

DIY Pest Control Service

Pestie seeks to disrupt the pest control industry by putting the power into the hands of the homeowner through its mail-based, DIY pest control solutions. That means no salesperson knocking at your door or high costs associated with contracts or technicians. The Pestie process is cost-effective and simple:

1. Pestie delivers a professional-grade pest control kit directly to your door.
  2. You spray the pest control product on the area surrounding your home.
  3. Pestie sends you another kit when it’s time to reapply.

Each Pestie pest contol kit comes with an ergonomic electronic sprayer, pesticide formula, mixing bag, protective gloves, and step-by-step instructions. Pesticide formulas are professional-grade, safe for people and pets, and location-based, meaning that your pest control solution is designed to target the specific pests in the area where you live.

Pestie’s products are easy to use: Simply combine water and the pesticide concentrate in the application mixing bag and spray around the foundation, windows, door frames, garage doors, and window wells. You can also spray around porches, under decks, inside garages, and in any other cracks or crevices surrounding your home’s exterior.

If you have any issues with your kit or the application process, Pestie has on-call experts who can help.

Affordable Pest Control

Pestie is one of the few pest control companies with completely transparent pricing. Customers have three subscription options, all with free, one-day to two-day shipping:

• One-time purchase — $49 for a single application
  • Pay as you go — $39 per application; pay when each application ships, get one kit every season
  • Yearly subscription — $136 today; $34 per application with four kits shipped throughout the year

Pestie also has a flexible cancellation policy through which you can cancel your subscription at any time without fee or penalty.

Comprehensive Pest Solutions

Pestie provides tailored pest control solutions for every state in the country to coincide with the specific pests, climate, and regulations of each state. As a result, the company boasts an extensive portfolio of covered pests, including some of the following in all varieties:

• Spiders
  • Wasps
  • Bees
  • Cockroaches
  • Worms

Pestie has a solution for nearly any pest problem.

Eco-Friendly Pesticide

When used as directed, Pestie's products are both kid-safe and pet-safe. Products are plant-based and designed to mimic the pest suppressing properties of the chrysanthemum flower. The company’s pest control concentrate uses a micro-encapsulated formula meant to eradicate bugs from the inside, while also withstanding both rain and sunshine for a longer-lasting solution than traditional, non-encapsulated pest control formulas.

Pestie's products are also safe to spray on plants, trees, bushes, and grass — but they should not be applied to vegetables or fruit.

Satisfaction Guarantee

Like many pest control companies, Pestie offers customers a satisfaction guarantee. In the events Pestie customers are not 100 percent satisfied with the results of their treatment, Pestie will do whatever it takes to make things right — and that includes a full refund of all purchased products.

Pestie Reviews

On BestCompany.com, 89 percent of Pestie reviews are 4 or 5 stars. Satisfied customers frequently highlight the following about their experience with the company:

• Affordable and easy-to-use product
  • Effective pest treatments — many customers indicate that they saw less or no bugs after one or two applications
  • Excellent customer service that replies to questions or concerns almost immediately

In addition to these positive reviews and ratings, it is worth noting that the majority of satisfied Pestie customers and subscribers would recommend the company's services.

While the majority of Pestie reviews are positive, some customers have mentioned shipping delays and issues with having enough formula to spray around their home. However, Pestie customer service is quick to respond to issues or concerns you may have, and appears to work quickly with customers to find solutions.

The Bad

• No Bed Bug or Termite Control
  • No Additional Services
  • Not NPMA-Affiliated

No Bed Bug of Termite Control

Pestie doesn't offer any pest control solutions for bed bugs or termites, which do typically need to be handled by a technician as they can be far more invasive than other pests.

No Additional Services

As Pestie is a DIY pest control company, it does not provide additional services, such as wildlife control or rodent removal, attic or crawl space inspection and treatment, or lawn and garden care. The company does not offer additional safeguards or repair services in the event of termite damage either.

Not NPMA-Affiliated

Pestie does not appear to be affiliated with the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), a nonprofit that promotes best practices in the pest control industry. While this is not an indictment of the company’s products or policies, certifications from the NPMA — including QualityPro and GreenPro — indicate to customers that the company has implemented the latest standards of both professionalism and the use of truly eco-friendly products respectively.

View Best Pest Control Companies

The Bottom Line

Pestie’s products are cost-effective, tailormade to each region in the nation, and are easy to apply. If you’re looking for pest control solutions, but don’t want to deal with pushy, door-to-door salesmen, or pay for services you didn’t ask for, then Pestie is the right company for you. While Pestie lacks several of the qualities of traditional pest management providers (professional inspections, additional services, etc.), it also lacks many of their drawbacks.

Pestie reviews on BestCompany.com are primarily positive with 89 percent of customers giving the company a 4 or 5 star rating.

View Best Pest Control Companies

Mike Will Undisclosed

Michelle Savannah, GA

I saw ads for this company with mostly outstanding reviews. Doing a little math, the cost to value ratio seemed very reasonable - if we were to change roach bait out as often as we should in Coastal GA, we'd spend about as much as Pestie and not kill other types of bugs. We've applied 2 treatments at this point, and they seem to be helping. We've seen a few roaches, but fewer than normal, especially with recent rainy summer weather, which usually forces them indoors. We haven't seen as many other bugs, either, though we didn't have major problems before. So, 5 stars - it's a little hard to judge the effectiveness since we didn't have a big bug problem to start with, but prevention goes a long way. Seeing fewer of the main thing we ever saw, my mortal enemy, the cockroach, seems like a pretty good indicator that it must be working at least as well, probably better, than just roach bait, and I can only assume it's taking care of more types of bugs that we just didn't see often, too.

S C Baltimore, MD

First I got a box without the sprayer (it took 2 weeks to get it), then I get the sprayer (took 1 week). The worst part is that the phone number they list always goes to voicemail - there is no-one there. I did get email support when I reached out and ultimately they helped resolve the issue. I've sprayed now finally, let's see how effective it is.

Christopher Bowe Hayward, CA

We had a sudden cockroach infestation around our back patio area, with a few making their way to the side of the house and garage. My kids were unable to play in the backyard and my wife refused to go in to the garage. Ordered Petie and chatted on Facebook asking if there was a way to expedite the order. They got it out same day. Within a 48 hours most of the activity was gone and within a couple weeks no roaches were seen and they have not returned. Thanks for the great customer service and for making a great, easy to use and affordable product.

Reply from Pestie

We are so happy to hear your family can play in the backyard and you can use your garage again! Thanks for being a Pestie customer and let us know if you need any support :)

Donna West Myrtle Beach, SC

We have sprayed 2 applications at our home in SC (fall & winter). We moved here in Sep. and researched pest control companies. We like the idea of the quarterly applications tailored to our area. It takes only about a half hour to spray and there is enough of the product to thoroughly spray the perimeter of the house and garage and yard. It has worked very well as we have not been plagued by any bugs in or around the house.

Mark G Austin, TX

Reply from Pestie

Hi Mark, thank you for the feedback! This is great advice, I am going to pass this along to our team. Please reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] if you have any more feedback :)

Apr. 23rd, 2021

John Kubala Brandon, MS

Two rating factors: Economical and Ease of Application. Most people are skeptical with any new concept especially those marketed on social media, and I was too. We are moving into our 3rd application and everything is as stated in the advertisement.

Michael Ellis Lincoln, NE

The product seems to work so far. We had an issue with exterior ants a couple months after the first application but Pestie sent us another shipment. We'll see how the summer progresses to see if we get any indoor ants. That is the main reason we purchased Pestie.

Reply from Pestie

We can't wait to hear how your summer is going! We hope we were able to make your home ant free :)

Jul. 29th, 2021

Stephen Sprague Danville, IL

The first application was very good. Helped out with the pests around the house. However I received the second dose and the treatment bottle that was supposed to be added to water was only half full. Seems like a lot of money for a mini bottle of bug spray. I would think a full bottle would instill more confidence in the effectiveness of the product. Let’s see how the application works…

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review, Stephen! We are so happy to hear the prodcut is working for you. Did you know we alternate between different solutions to prevent pesticide resistance? It sounds like the second bottle you received was our smaller (but still very powerful) solution. We know the amounts differ but that is because it's a different solution and the smaller one is more concentrated. Feel free to reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] if you have any questions :)

Jul. 29th, 2021

Bob Jackson Decatur, GA

Subscription for over 1 year and extremely pleased with service. Everything I need is provided quarterly and the spray has effectively controlled insects. Gives me the assurance I need that bugs are being killed or discouraged from entering my home. Quality equipment effective chemical affordable price great customer service. Recommend

Andrew Cork Woodway, TX

Customer service is excellent. The chemicals keep bugs away. The only negative is that the last two sprayers have not sprayed consistently. One required an occasional hard knock on the handle to get the applicator to spray at all and the most recent applicator would flow steady for about a minute before the spray rate noticably decreased. This is a little frustrating and ultimately makes application time much longer than it needs to be. I've considered buying my own sprayer to speed up the application process.

Joshua Tualatin, OR

We moved into our house recently and just knowing how pest control companies work it didn't want to do that and spend all that money for a product I know cost a fraction of what they charge and it just made it super easy to get it delivered to me and do it myself.

Justin Shawnee Mission, KS

I did have to contact them because I had a shipment that was delayed, I was expecting a shipment sooner and didn't come, I emailed them and somebody wrote me back immediately and apologized and said they would get it out to me right away and put it up on the queue to get there faster.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Justin! Thank you for the shout-out to our customer support team. They work really hard to make sure every customer is taken care of.

Apr. 16th, 2021

Kaitlin Flannery Graham, NC

Pestie has blown me away with fantastic customer service, and a product that works amazingly well. Since living in NC, I've had to vacuum bugs out of my basement daily. Especially those nasty little centipede things. After Pestie, I can actually enjoy my basement and can't remember the last time I vacuumed up a bug. PHENOMENAL!!!!

Reply from Pestie

We are so glad to hear your are bug free ❤️

Aug. 17th, 2022

Craig Vetters Evansville, IN

The product works as advertised. We seldom see a bug for 3 months. It's easy to mix and use. The great idea of a new bag, gloves along with the product with each order makes for safe handling.

Robert Moore Santa Barbara, CA

I had so many ants that came into the house I was afraid to fall asleep because I was afraid they carry me away. LOL I sprayed and the next day did not see one ant. It was fast and easy and the price is right.

Reply from Pestie

We are so happy you can get a good night's sleep now and don't have to arm yourself with spray 24/7! Thanks for being a Pestie customer Robert, we really appreciate your review!

Steve Colella Coraopolis, PA

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review Steve!

May. 21st, 2021

Sam Cooper Haslet, TX

Super easy DIY pest prevention program. Much cheaper than the other guys! I was a skeptic at first, but I’m ready to renew mine for next year already! I have not seen any activity since I started the treatments!

John Las Vegas, NV

We started using Pestie when we first moved into our home. There were lots of bugs around my house, we would see one inside every now and then but now we don't even see them outside anymore.

Jenny Marietta, GA

I just want to make sure that they are moving towards less single use items and specifically letting us reuse our sprayers so we're not having to throw them away every time because it seems very wasteful and not environmental.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for the honest feedback Jenny. We recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will receive our new sprayer in your spring shipment! We would love to know what you think of the new reusable sprayer. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and let us know what you think!

Apr. 15th, 2021

A. Denise Jones Huntersville, NC

I am one of the happiest people on the planet now that I've found Pestie. I have been using the product over a year. I love seeing dead bugs. We moved to the country in 2016 from up north and I was afraid of everything. I saw bugs, and pest that I had never seen in real life. Now??? I am happy that I am controlling the pest with Pestie and the pest are not controlling me by making me stay in the house because Im afraid. I works.

Reply from Pestie

We love that you are now bug-free! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review ❤️

Apr. 20th, 2022

Margaret Travis-Dinkins Poughkeepsie, NY

The customer service is top notch! My first delivery was defective (cut in the bag used to mix and hold the pesticide). I had waited some time after delivery to try it due to the frequent rain we have been getting in NY. As soon as I found the tear, I contacted support. The response was essentially immediate and without hesitation or hassle, a brand new kit was on the way. I sprayed, following safety directions and as has been said in many of the other reviews, results were visible. I am very glad I signed up for the subscription- it will keep me on schedule and that will keep the bugs at bay. Do not hesitate to try

Reply from Pestie

Thank you so much for leaving us a review Margaret! We are so happy you had a great experience with our customer care team! Let us know if you need anything else :)

Aug. 13th, 2021

Jim S Orem, UT

Pestie is a good idea poorly executed. Shipping for my order took about a week, but when I placed the order they promised next day shipping. Then they didn't send me enough pesticide to actually spray around the full perimeter of my house. I only had enough to complete 3/4, and that was applying MORE SPARINGLY than what their instructions recommended. After 2 weeks, it looks like there hasn't been a decrease in ant activity which is our main problem. Maybe if they had sent enough pesticide it would have worked, maybe not. Either way we are disappointed. The site left us with no way of leaving a review, it seems like their review system online is rigged to make them look good. Overall, a shady company that doesn't live up to it's promises.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for your feedback Jim. We are so sorry you experienced a shipping delay. We are usually able to get your order out the same or next business day and then it can take anywhere from 2-5 business days to reach out. From time to time we do see delays in shipping with USPS. We can always send you a free booster application so you can get a solid bug barrier laid down. Our regular shipment will cover a home up to 5,000 sq feet. Our team would love to chat about the size of your home and your application experience. As for the reviews, every customer who opted into marking emails will get a chance to leave a review. Our system will send an email a few weeks after your first order. We don't want to send reviews too soon as we want to make sure customers have time to use the product and see the results. Often times we find customers reach out before leaving reviews so we are able to get everything sorted for them. We are happy to help you and you a booster sent out so you can finish treating. Please email our team at [email protected] and they will get you taken care of 👍

Jul. 18th, 2022

Debora Carby Fayetteville, GA

product seems to be working so far. after first time I sprayed, had lots of dead bugs on my front porch. cleaned it yesterday and ready to apply product a 2nd time.

Paulette Wright Cope, SC

I love having the spray/sprayer sent automatically, plus it costs much less than I would normally pay with the "big bug guys". I'm ready for my next shipment!

Reply from Pestie

It looks like your summer booster is on its way and should be to you any day now! Reach out to our customer care team if you need any support with this next application :)

Glenda Broussard Reedsburg, WI

This product is so easy to use, and I love the auto-ship so I do not have to think about it. It just ships when it is needed for my specific location.

Chris Martin Plano, TX

I highly recommend Pestie! I've been using the service for almost a year and have the same results that I did when I paid 5 times as much for a professional exterminator.

Zack Midvale, UT

It's fairly straightforward. It's cheaper than paying the pros and is (theoretically, at least) the same stuff. Can't help but wish I could just pay a nominal fee for the chemicals and not essentially be paying for four shipments and four new sprayers every year.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Zack! I will pass this feedback onto the team, but in the meantime, we recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will get a chance to try out our new sprayer in your spring order :)

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Matthew Westgate Weiser, ID

Great. No problems. Easy instructions, easy to apply. Definitely reduced the spiders and ants inside using this combined with an indoor home defense. Excellent product.

Jonathan Saint Augustine, FL

After our first application within a couple of days there were some dead bugs and then within a week we saw no more bugs at all and I haven't seen bugs in over six months.

onechecking123 Newport Beach, CA

Excellent customer service - super helpful and efficient. Shipping was quick and easy. Pestie works! The kit made it so easy to mix and spray. I sprayed around the perimeter of my house and inside our bathroom where we had a big bug problem. Now we have NO MORE bugs. I will continue on the annual subscription plan because it makes it easy to remember when to spray. Thanks Pestie!

Chris S. Wilmington, MA

The product was easy to use and shipped fast. It seemed to work for the most part. I have completed 1 application. The only reason why I cannot give 5 stars is that, this did not help with the ants that still find their way into the house. Since the application, I have seen way too many ants inside the home. Let's hope after my second application in a couple of months, that starts to go away. Other than that, the value is great and there has been a small reduction in other flying bugs. Not elimination but, a small reduction. I have not worked with customer service and cannot attest to trustworthiness as of yet so I gave 3 stars there. I did not want to just leave 1 and wanted to at least give benefit of the doubt.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Chris! Thanks for leaving us a review! We would love the opportunity to get your home ant-free! Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your last treatment along with some solutions we have. We stand by our bug-free guarantee and think we help solve your ant issue :) Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. We can't wait to speak with you!

Jun. 11th, 2021

Mary Kate F Simpsonville, SC

Pestie is an extremely effective way to rid your house of pests! It was very easy, convenient, and relatively cheap to buy Pestie’s treatment - you just spray the product (DIY!) where applicable and the application area will be bug-free in no time! I am very impressed with this hassle free way to take charge of bug situations - worked like magic and soon saw dead bugs on the floor after the first round. Finally, Pestie’s customer service was extremely helpful and left me resting assured that my pest situation was in good hands (MY hands and their hands lol).

Reply from Pestie

Thank you so much for leaving us a review Mary! We are so happy you are bug-free! We try to take all the guesswork out of DIY pest control and want every customer to feel empowered to treat their home!

Mar. 10th, 2022

Michelle Warner Robins, GA

We have not been using Pestie for very long but we have been happy with the results. When we first moved into our new house we had ants but we have not had any issues with them since using Pestie. I like the fact that the spray is sent automatically on a schedule because I don't have to remember when I need to take care of it. My reminder comes to my door.

Reply from Pestie

We love hearing that your home has been ant-free since your first application! Thank you for being a Pestie customer Michelle!

Mar. 10th, 2022

Tonya Jackson Tulsa, OK

Pestie is lying to their customers! When I brought it to their attention and asked for a refund they blocked me. They sent me Temprid Fx! It’s sold on Amazon for $7! Which they advertise as their proprietary blend of chemicals but is not! It’s sold on Amazon! I have purchased it previously from Amazon for $7 but Pestie advertised selling a proprietary blend of chemicals so I ordered their product paying $49 thinking I was receiving a blend of chemicals to kill bugs based off where I live. That’s how they advertise their product. It’s false advertising and a scam! They basically package up something they get cheap off Amazon and re sell it to customers for WAY more! Beware!!

Roger Scheuer Glendora, CA

I have tried so many products and none have worked for more than 1 week UNTIL I TRIED PESTIES. It's now been 3 months and not an ant in sight

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review Roger! I am sure you know, we only send pro-grade products that have long-lasting residual effects! We are so happy you are loving Pestie!

Travis Irwin Orem, UT

Pestie is an amazing company. I don't like paying someone else a ton of money for something I can easily do and Pestie has allowed me to do that!

Reply from Pestie

We love that our customers have a DIY attitude! Thanks for being a Pestie customer and leaving us a review!

Jenna Chico, CA

The spray is very weak. I did have a bat and a huge tan spider on my porch ceiling. But overall it's good. There are still mosquitos on our patio too but a lot less

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review Jenna. We are so sorry you received a faulty sprayer. Please reach out to our customer care team so we can send you a new sprayer with your next order! We want to make sure you get to use a powerful sprayer with your next application!

C Cruess Bedford, NH

Super easy and effective! I would highly recommend using Pestie over any type of pest control service that comes to your home.

Brian Knoxville, TN

Excellent product and customer service. Great price as well. After using for about a year, we have the least amount of pests we have ever seen.

David Ivarson Chattanooga, TN

Our experience has been exceptional. We live everything about Pestie from their value for the money to their simplicity of use!

Safder Richmond, TX

Great price, but requires effort too. Like the idea of a diy pest service because it’s cheaper but the sprayer is slow and it takes a while to use.

Vance Murfreesboro, TN

I still see some bugs and then also the sprayer wasn't very good. It kind of it quit working before I was done. I ended up having to use my sprayer anyway.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Vance, we are sorry you received a faulty sprayer. We recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! Our customer support team would love to talk more with you about the bugs you are still seeing. We have a bug-free guarantee and want to make sure you are 100% satisfied. If would you like additional support, please contact them at [email protected]

Apr. 15th, 2021

Mark Chesapeake, VA

I would say the customer has been great and easy to deal with and all of the people have been helpful when we've called.

Christopher Fort Smith, AR

The first application that I ever did wasn't strong enough to get everything so they sent me another application for free.

Jessica Burke Chanhassen, MN

The product seems to work well and price is fair but the customer service experience has been a joke. I've contacted them 3 separate times and they honestly seem to be incredibly....dumb. I also hate this new default subscription model that so many online retailers are using...they make it hard and annoying to cancel or modify but VERY easy to sign up. If they could improve the user experience around account management and customer service it would surely help with retention.

Reply from Pestie

We are so sorry for any frustration with your account Jessica. It looks like we were able to get everything straighten out. We will make sure to pass your feedback to our development team. We are always looking into ways we can improve our user experience!

Apr. 20th, 2022

WKW Riverview, FL

Just received my first Pestie kit. I live near Tampa Bay and insects are 24/7/365...we shall see. I love the DIY concept in pest control....especially after paying thousands over the years to a local pest control company that was less than stellar.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review! We can't wait to hear how it went!

May. 17th, 2021

Ahmet özdilek Stone Mountain, GA

They advertise as they have a special pesticide to kill pests, but they do NOT have. What they sell is BAYER's Temprid FX which can be purchased from Amazon for $7. Do NOT let them deceive you.

Robert Bedwell Chattanooga, TN

We have been using this product for just 2 applications and have seen a dramatic decrease in pests. Easy to apply.

Larry Grapevine, TX

So far no bugs in the house. Everything in the video that you need to know. Plenty of product for your size house.