Pestie

8.1

LAST UPDATED: August 10th, 2021

Founded in 2019, Pestie is one of the first subscription based, do-it-yourself pest control solutions on the market. The company delivers safe, regionally based pest control solutions across the country via a mail-based, easy-to-use sprayer kit. Applications take as little as five minutes and cost as little as $24 — a marked improvement from the sometimes hundreds of dollars charged by traditional pest control companies.

The Good

• Cost-Effective, DIY Pest Control
  • Comprehensive Pest Solutions
  • Eco-Friendly Pesticides
  • Satisfaction Guarantee

Cost-Effective, DIY Pest Control

Pestie pest control is seeking to disrupt the pest control industry by putting the power into the hands of the homeowner through its mail-based, DIY pest control solutions. That means nobody knocking at your door and no questionable sales tactics. The Pestie analysis process is simple:

1. Pestie delivers a professional-grade pest control kit directly to the customer’s door.
  2. Homeowners spray the pest control product on the area surrounding their homes.
  3. Pestie sends another kit when it’s time to reapply.

What’s in the box?

In addition to a location-based pesticide concentrate, Pestie also provides customers with an ergonomic electronic sprayer, mixing bag, protective gloves, and step-by-step instructions. The application is designed to not only provide a powerful first punch for any insect infestation, but also a long-term release that will keep unwanted pests away from months at a time.

How do I apply it?

Pestie’s products are easy to use: Simply combine water and the pest control concentrate into the application mixing bag and spray around the foundation, windows, door frames, garage doors, and window wells. Customers can additionally spray around porches, under decks, inside garages, and in any other cracks or crevices surrounding the home’s exterior.

How much does it cost?

Pestie is one of the few pest control companies with completely transparent pricing. Customers have three subscription options, all with free, one-day to two-day shipping:

• One-time purchase — $39 for a single application
  • Pay as you go — $29 per application; pay when each application ships, get one kit every season
  • Yearly subscription —  $96 today; $24 per application with four kits shipped throughout the year

Pestie also has a flexible cancellation policy; customers can cancel their subscription at any time without fee or penalty.

Comprehensive Pest Solutions

Pestie provides tailored pest control solutions for every state in the country to coincide with the specific pests, climate, and regulations of each state. As a result, the company boasts an extensive portfolio of covered pests:

American house spiders Carpet beetles Fleas Long-bodied cellar spiders Scorpions
Anobiid or deathwatch Cellar spiders Flesh flies Lyctid or powder post Seed bugs
Ants (all common varieties) Centipedes Flies Mealybugs Silverfish
Aphids Chiggers Forest tent caterpillars Midges Sod webworms
Argentine ants Chinch bugs Fruit flies Millipedes Sow bugs
Armyworms Cigarette beetles Fungus gnats Mites
Spider mites (twospotted, spruce)
Asian needle ants Clothes moths Gnats Mole crickets (nymphs and young adults)
Spiders (all common varieties)
Azalea caterpillars Clover mites Grasshoppers Mosquito control Spittlebugs
Bagworms Cluster flies Ground beetles Moths Springtails
Bark beetles Confused flour beetles Grubs (suppression) Multicolored Asian lady beetle Stable flies
Bed bugs Crazy ants Gypsy moth larvae Nuisance ants Stink bugs
Bees Crickets Hide beetles Old house borers Striped beetles
Beetles Cutworms Hobo spiders Oleander moth larvae
Striped oakworms
Black turfgrass ataenius Daddy long-leg spiders Hornets Phorid flies Sugar ants
Black vine weevils Dark rover ants Hyperodes weevils Pill bugs
Termite control (above ground only)
Black widow spiders Darkling beetles Japanese beetles Pillbugs Thrips
Blue or green bottle flies Dermestids Jumping spiders Pine sawflies Ticks
Bluegrass billbugs Earwigs June beetles Pine shoot beetles Tip moths
Boxelder bugs Eastern tent caterpillars Kudzu stink bug Pineneedlescales (crawlers) Wasps
Broadmites Elm leaf beetles Lace bugs Pinetip moths Western conifer
California oakworms False powderpost Leafhoppers Root weevils Yellowjackets
California redscales (crawlers) Field ants Leafminers
Saw-toothed grain beetles

Cankerworms Fire ants Leather beetles Sawflies

Pestie has a solution for nearly any pest problem.

Eco-Friendly Pesticides

When used as directed, Pestie's products are both kid-safe and pet-safe. Products are plant-based and designed to mimic the pest suppressing properties of the chrysanthemum flower. The company’s pest control concentrate uses a micro-encapsulated formula meant to eradicate bugs from the inside, while also withstanding both rain and sunshine for a longer-lasting solution than traditional, non-encapsulated pest control formulas.

Pestie's products are also safe to spray on plants, trees, bushes, and grass — but they should not be applied to vegetables or fruit.

Satisfaction Guarantee

Like many pest control companies, Pestie offers customers a satisfaction guarantee. In the events Pestie customers are not 100 percent satisfied with the results of their treatment, Pestie will do whatever it takes to make things right — and that includes a full refund of all purchased products.

The Bad

• No Additional Services
  • Not NPMA-Affiliated

No Additional Services

As Pestie is a DIY pest control company, it does not provide additional services, such as wildlife control or rodent removal, attic or crawl space inspection and treatment, or lawn and garden care. The company does not offer additional safeguards or repair services in the event of termite damage either.

Not NPMA-Affiliated

Pestie does not appear to be affiliated with the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), a nonprofit that promotes best practices in the pest control industry. While this is not an indictment of the company’s products or policies, certifications from the NPMA — including QualityPro and GreenPro — indicate to customers that the company has implemented the latest standards of both professionalism and the use of truly eco-friendly products respectively.

The Bottom Line

Pestle’s products are cost-effective, tailormade to each region in the nation, and are easy to apply. If you’re looking for pest control solutions, but don’t want to deal with pushy, door-to-door salesmen, or pay for services you didn’t ask for, then Pestie is the right company for you. While Pestie lacks several of the qualities of traditional pest management providers (professional inspections, additional services, etc.), it also lacks many of their drawbacks.

Michelle Savannah, GA

I saw ads for this company with mostly outstanding reviews. Doing a little math, the cost to value ratio seemed very reasonable - if we were to change roach bait out as often as we should in Coastal GA, we'd spend about as much as Pestie and not kill other types of bugs. We've applied 2 treatments at this point, and they seem to be helping. We've seen a few roaches, but fewer than normal, especially with recent rainy summer weather, which usually forces them indoors. We haven't seen as many other bugs, either, though we didn't have major problems before. So, 5 stars - it's a little hard to judge the effectiveness since we didn't have a big bug problem to start with, but prevention goes a long way. Seeing fewer of the main thing we ever saw, my mortal enemy, the cockroach, seems like a pretty good indicator that it must be working at least as well, probably better, than just roach bait, and I can only assume it's taking care of more types of bugs that we just didn't see often, too.

John Kubala Brandon, MS

Two rating factors: Economical and Ease of Application. Most people are skeptical with any new concept especially those marketed on social media, and I was too. We are moving into our 3rd application and everything is as stated in the advertisement.

Michael Ellis Lincoln, NE

The product seems to work so far. We had an issue with exterior ants a couple months after the first application but Pestie sent us another shipment. We'll see how the summer progresses to see if we get any indoor ants. That is the main reason we purchased Pestie.

Reply from Pestie

We can't wait to hear how your summer is going! We hope we were able to make your home ant free :)

Stephen Sprague Danville, IL

The first application was very good. Helped out with the pests around the house. However I received the second dose and the treatment bottle that was supposed to be added to water was only half full. Seems like a lot of money for a mini bottle of bug spray. I would think a full bottle would instill more confidence in the effectiveness of the product. Let’s see how the application works…

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review, Stephen! We are so happy to hear the prodcut is working for you. Did you know we alternate between different solutions to prevent pesticide resistance? It sounds like the second bottle you received was our smaller (but still very powerful) solution. We know the amounts differ but that is because it's a different solution and the smaller one is more concentrated. Feel free to reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] if you have any questions :)

Bob Jackson Decatur, GA

i just enrolled and have received my initial order and applied about 2 months ago... so far no problems... noticed a few dead bugs first week but everything great after that. Application was quick and easy and results as predicted...

Craig Vetters Evansville, IN

The product works as advertised. We seldom see a bug for 3 months. It's easy to mix and use. The great idea of a new bag, gloves along with the product with each order makes for safe handling.

Margaret Travis-Dinkins Poughkeepsie, NY

The customer service is top notch! My first delivery was defective (cut in the bag used to mix and hold the pesticide). I had waited some time after delivery to try it due to the frequent rain we have been getting in NY. As soon as I found the tear, I contacted support. The response was essentially immediate and without hesitation or hassle, a brand new kit was on the way. I sprayed, following safety directions and as has been said in many of the other reviews, results were visible. I am very glad I signed up for the subscription- it will keep me on schedule and that will keep the bugs at bay. Do not hesitate to try

Reply from Pestie

Thank you so much for leaving us a review Margaret! We are so happy you had a great experience with our customer care team! Let us know if you need anything else :)

Donna West Myrtle Beach, SC

We have sprayed 2 applications at our home in SC (fall & winter). We moved here in Sep. and researched pest control companies. We like the idea of the quarterly applications tailored to our area. It takes only about a half hour to spray and there is enough of the product to thoroughly spray the perimeter of the house and garage and yard. It has worked very well as we have not been plagued by any bugs in or around the house.

Debora Carby Fayetteville, GA

product seems to be working so far. after first time I sprayed, had lots of dead bugs on my front porch. cleaned it yesterday and ready to apply product a 2nd time.

Paulette Wright Cope, SC

I love having the spray/sprayer sent automatically, plus it costs much less than I would normally pay with the "big bug guys". I'm ready for my next shipment!

Reply from Pestie

It looks like your summer booster is on its way and should be to you any day now! Reach out to our customer care team if you need any support with this next application :)

Glenda Broussard Reedsburg, WI

This product is so easy to use, and I love the auto-ship so I do not have to think about it. It just ships when it is needed for my specific location.

Mark G Austin, TX

The subscription is easy to purchase and manage. The product seems to work well. We haven't seen a pest problems in our house since we started using Pestie. There are some tricks to applying the treatment such unscrewing the wand applicator a tad from the bag to allow air in. Otherwise, the sprayer stops working. Offering those kinds of tips in the box would be helpful. Overall, I'm very happy with Pestie's performance and product.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Mark, thank you for the feedback! This is great advice, I am going to pass this along to our team. Please reach out to our customer care team at [email protected] if you have any more feedback :)

Andrew Cork Woodway, TX

Customer service is excellent. The chemicals keep bugs away. The only negative is that the last two sprayers have not sprayed consistently. One required an occasional hard knock on the handle to get the applicator to spray at all and the most recent applicator would flow steady for about a minute before the spray rate noticably decreased. This is a little frustrating and ultimately makes application time much longer than it needs to be. I've considered buying my own sprayer to speed up the application process.

Roger Scheuer Glendora, CA

I have tried so many products and none have worked for more than 1 week UNTIL I TRIED PESTIES. It's now been 3 months and not an ant in sight

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review Roger! I am sure you know, we only send pro-grade products that have long-lasting residual effects! We are so happy you are loving Pestie!

Travis Irwin Orem, UT

Pestie is an amazing company. I don't like paying someone else a ton of money for something I can easily do and Pestie has allowed me to do that!

Reply from Pestie

We love that our customers have a DIY attitude! Thanks for being a Pestie customer and leaving us a review!

Sam Cooper Haslet, TX

Super easy DIY pest prevention program. Much cheaper than the other guys! I was a skeptic at first, but I’m ready to renew mine for next year already! I have not seen any activity since I started the treatments!

Justin Shawnee Mission, KS

I did have to contact them because I had a shipment that was delayed, I was expecting a shipment sooner and didn't come, I emailed them and somebody wrote me back immediately and apologized and said they would get it out to me right away and put it up on the queue to get there faster.

Reply from Pestie

Hey Justin! Thank you for the shout-out to our customer support team. They work really hard to make sure every customer is taken care of.

Apr. 16th, 2021

Joshua Tualatin, OR

We moved into our house recently and just knowing how pest control companies work it didn't want to do that and spend all that money for a product I know cost a fraction of what they charge and it just made it super easy to get it delivered to me and do it myself.

Robert Bedwell Chattanooga, TN

We have been using this product for just 2 applications and have seen a dramatic decrease in pests. Easy to apply.

Larry Grapevine, TX

So far no bugs in the house. Everything in the video that you need to know. Plenty of product for your size house.

Travis Russell McCully Granbury, TX

Like the price and applicator, don't like that in seeing quite a bit more spiders than I was with other treatments before Pestie.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Travis! Did you know about our bug-free guarantee? Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your last application and how we can honor our guarantee!

Manjeet Savannah, GA

It works really good but may be just for a 15-20 days. They need to increase the frequency every month rather than once every 4months.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for the feedback Manjeet! Do you know about our bug-free guarantee? Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your summer booster application and the bugs you are seeing and how we can get your home bug-free!

Kermit Davidson Antioch, CA

Had a problem with ants after the first spraying, they sent out a booster bag free to take care of the ants

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for letting us know you were still seeing bugs and giving us the chance to make it right! We are so happy the customized booster application took care of your ant problem! Thanks for being a Pestie customer!

Chris Martin Plano, TX

I highly recommend Pestie! I've been using the service for almost a year and have the same results that I did when I paid 5 times as much for a professional exterminator.

Zack Midvale, UT

It's fairly straightforward. It's cheaper than paying the pros and is (theoretically, at least) the same stuff. Can't help but wish I could just pay a nominal fee for the chemicals and not essentially be paying for four shipments and four new sprayers every year.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Zack! I will pass this feedback onto the team, but in the meantime, we recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will get a chance to try out our new sprayer in your spring order :)

Matthew Westgate Weiser, ID

Great. No problems. Easy instructions, easy to apply. Definitely reduced the spiders and ants inside using this combined with an indoor home defense. Excellent product.

John Las Vegas, NV

We started using Pestie when we first moved into our home. There were lots of bugs around my house, we would see one inside every now and then but now we don't even see them outside anymore.

Jenny Marietta, GA

I just want to make sure that they are moving towards less single use items and specifically letting us reuse our sprayers so we're not having to throw them away every time because it seems very wasteful and not environmental.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for the honest feedback Jenny. We recently redesigned our sprayer and it's now more reliable, twice as powerful, and reusable! You will receive our new sprayer in your spring shipment! We would love to know what you think of the new reusable sprayer. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and let us know what you think!

Apr. 15th, 2021

Chris S. Wilmington, MA

The product was easy to use and shipped fast. It seemed to work for the most part. I have completed 1 application. The only reason why I cannot give 5 stars is that, this did not help with the ants that still find their way into the house. Since the application, I have seen way too many ants inside the home. Let's hope after my second application in a couple of months, that starts to go away. Other than that, the value is great and there has been a small reduction in other flying bugs. Not elimination but, a small reduction. I have not worked with customer service and cannot attest to trustworthiness as of yet so I gave 3 stars there. I did not want to just leave 1 and wanted to at least give benefit of the doubt.

Reply from Pestie

Hi Chris! Thanks for leaving us a review! We would love the opportunity to get your home ant-free! Our customer care team is going to reach out and talk with you about your last treatment along with some solutions we have. We stand by our bug-free guarantee and think we help solve your ant issue :) Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. We can't wait to speak with you!

Jun. 11th, 2021

Christopher Bowe Hayward, CA

We had a sudden cockroach infestation around our back patio area, with a few making their way to the side of the house and garage. My kids were unable to play in the backyard and my wife refused to go in to the garage. Ordered Petie and chatted on Facebook asking if there was a way to expedite the order. They got it out same day. Within a 48 hours most of the activity was gone and within a couple weeks no roaches were seen and they have not returned. Thanks for the great customer service and for making a great, easy to use and affordable product.

Reply from Pestie

We are so happy to hear your family can play in the backyard and you can use your garage again! Thanks for being a Pestie customer and let us know if you need any support :)

Diane Priestley Flushing, MI

It's inexpensive, the products work and are easy to apply, and the customer service is fantastic!

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for leaving us a review Diane! We are happy we were able to make your home bug-free!

Kamden Huntsman Idaho Falls, ID

Tried other pest control companies, and nothing worked until we started our Pestie Plan! Love it!

Julie Lagrange, OH

Easy to use and definitely had a huge decrease in the amount of bugs in the house.

Greg Gara Lake Villa, IL

Easy, no hassle delivery and application. And it works! No bugs bugging me or my family.

Reply from Pestie

We love that nothing is bugging you :) Thanks for leaving us a review, Greg!

D Dalton, GA

After the Shipment #1 - no bugs inside whatsoever. Shipment #2 reinforced #1. Waiting on #3 now.

Reply from Pestie

Yay, this made our day! We are so happy we could help make your home bug-free D!

David Ivarson Chattanooga, TN

Our experience has been exceptional. We live everything about Pestie from their value for the money to their simplicity of use!

C Cruess Bedford, NH

Super easy and effective! I would highly recommend using Pestie over any type of pest control service that comes to your home.

Brian Knoxville, TN

Excellent product and customer service. Great price as well. After using for about a year, we have the least amount of pests we have ever seen.

Jonathan Saint Augustine, FL

After our first application within a couple of days there were some dead bugs and then within a week we saw no more bugs at all and I haven't seen bugs in over six months.

WKW Riverview, FL

Just received my first Pestie kit. I live near Tampa Bay and insects are 24/7/365...we shall see. I love the DIY concept in pest control....especially after paying thousands over the years to a local pest control company that was less than stellar.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for leaving us a review! We can't wait to hear how it went!

May. 17th, 2021

Madisen Cluff Los Angeles, CA

College apartments aren't exactly the most sanitary or safe when it comes to bugs. My sophomore year of college, the apartment me and my friends lived in developed a bit of a cockroach problem. We tried everything from bug spray to peppermint oils but it didn't improve. We ended up buying Pestie's bug control solution Which did a great job removing or problem. My only complaint is how long it took for the stuff to be delivered.

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for trying Pestie! We are happy you were able to help get your college apartment roach-free with Pestie! We do wish you hadn't experienced a shipping delay. We usually get packages sent out the same or next bussess day, but sometimes slowdowns happen en route on the way to you. Thanks for leaving us a review Madison!

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Raymond Sapp Newberry, FL

Because it actually works. It continues to kill insects day after day.

Nicholas Woltring Rio, WI

Easy enough to mix and spray, still saw ants in the house, not sure where they're getting in

Reply from Pestie

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Nicholas! Our customer care team is going to be in touch and talk with you about the ants that are still making their way into your home. We have a few solutions we believe will help with the lingering ants :)

Fred Sevierville, TN

Easy instructions, nice battery operated sprayer and no bugs, not a 5 cashes it’s hot out there!

Linda Banass Mokena, IL

I have not seen one bug in my house since I started using Pestie!

Reply from Pestie

We love hearing this! Thanks for leaving us a review Linda!

Paul Pavelek Myrtle Beach, SC

Best DIY pest control. Dead bugs every where after first application.

Miles Whitefish, MT

Stellar beyond belief! I have complete confidence in protecting my house against unwanted pests now.

Jay Wasack Franklin, TN

Had a bit of trouble with the handle not operating properly. Customer support re-sent a new set with an updated handle and it worked great.

Reply from Pestie

Thank you for leaving us a review and also getting in touch with us and letting us make it right! We are so happy to hear the application went better the second time around. I am sure you know, but we recently redesigned our sprayer and they are more powerful and reusable!

Safder Richmond, TX

Great price, but requires effort too. Like the idea of a diy pest service because it’s cheaper but the sprayer is slow and it takes a while to use.

Josh F. Farmington, UT

I like that it shows up with everything I need to quickly apply the product in about 30 minutes around my home.